PDA

View Full Version : The Texans Schedule after Baltimore

TexansForTheW
09-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Let's be positive for once.

At worst, this team loses 2 out of the next three. I think we win two though(Pittsburgh,Oakland).

We won't have a tougher game all year then the game we just had, and we were the better team for 3 quarters and some of the fourth. We blew it, but we could have had that game against a superbowl contender playing at home.

The Schedule after the Baltimore game is cupcake. We should be favored every game on out.

We play two against the jags(Their qb play is awful)
Tennessee just lost Kenny Britt, for the year it looks like. Two against them
Indy is without Peyton.
Tampa Bay is a good team, but no where near the Saints.
Atlanta will be tough but were playing a home game and I think by that time, we will be rolling along nicely.
Cincinatti is just not good.
Carolina who may win 4 games this year.

This team has a great opportunity this year. 10 games gets you a home game in the playoffs. It's very doable.

Prediction 11-5 cupcake schedule, sprinkled with two tough teams that will not be anywhere near as good as a Saints team playing at home(Tampa,Atlanta).

m5kwatts
09-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Totally agree with the sentiment here.

In this divison the Titans are the only ones who pose any threat to the Texans winning the divison.

Besides the 2 vs. the Texans, the Titans have the following games left:

@Browns L
@Steelers L
Colts W
Bengals W
@Panthers W
@Falcons L
Bucs L
@Bills L
Saints L
@Colts W
Jags W

They're 2-1 already.

Just to be fair, lets say the home teams win, Texans-Titans split 1-1

I'm predicting they go 5-6 vs. everyone else.

Thats an 8-8 year for the Titans.

The Texans can win this divison at 9-7.

Thorn
09-26-2011, 01:27 PM
It's been said for a while now, but this year it's for real. The Texans are in a perfect position to take this division and have a home game in the playoffs. They have a soft last half of the season schedule and three poor division opponents. If they can't win the division this year, they never will.

Blake
09-26-2011, 01:34 PM
I was just looking at the remainder of the schedule this morning. We should end up losing only 5.

Losses come from @Saints, @Ravens, @Titans, @Bucs, Falcons.

nero THE zero
09-26-2011, 01:38 PM
I think we'll get out of the first 6 games at 3-3 or 4-2 and only lose once or twice more for the remainder of the season.

It sets up quite well for us.

DocBar
09-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Totally agree with the sentiment here.

In this divison the Titans are the only ones who pose any threat to the Texans winning the divison.

Besides the 2 vs. the Texans, the Titans have the following games left:

@Browns L
@Steelers L
Colts W
Bengals W
@Panthers W
@Falcons L
Bucs L
@Bills L
Saints L
@Colts W
Jags W

They're 2-1 already.

Just to be fair, lets say the home teams win, Texans-Titans split 1-1

I'm predicting they go 5-6 vs. everyone else.

Thats an 8-8 year for the Titans.

The Texans can win this divison at 9-7.I wouldn't take the tAcks too lightly. They played a good football game yesterday and they've already beaten the Raven, handily, I might add. We're hoping we can beat them.

TexansForTheW
09-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Many people are worried about redzone offense but look no further than Arian Foster. We go from one of the worst redzone teams to one of the best with him. If you don't believe me, look at 09 to 10. Don't get me wrong, Ben Tate is a more than adequate backup, but Foster is your guy. His vision is elite, and he gives Schuab more comfort back in the pocket knowing he has an excellent pocket protector as well as a dump off option who makes the first guy miss almost everytime. I have a hard time getting down on them after a game like yesterdays. It's Drew Brees, heck our defense shut him down for a half. I'd say that's pretty good.

bckey
09-26-2011, 01:46 PM
I'd be real happy with 11-5 but I don't see it. The Texans being the Texans will probably win the division with a 9-7 or 8-8 record not beating their own best 9-7 record. And don't count out the Titans yet. Don't forget Kubiak is still the head coach.:kitten:

TexansForTheW
09-26-2011, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't take the tAcks too lightly. They played a good football game yesterday and they've already beaten the Raven, handily, I might add. We're hoping we can beat them.

I wouldn't take them lightly but it's reported that Kenny Britt tore his acl. That is by far their best playmaker.

badboy
09-26-2011, 01:54 PM
i think posters above me are only considering which teams we can beat rest of season and that is ok. I and some others are looking at what went wrong and what can/will be done to fix it. I'm not going to call you names like polyannas or homers, etc but don't call me names either. Some fans can watch a game and enjoy the 3 hours and then it is basically gone from the mind. I just don't do that.

Vinny
09-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Does anyone know Kubiak's record when you take away the first four and last four games of each season?

DocBar
09-26-2011, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't take them lightly but it's reported that Kenny Britt tore his acl. That is by far their best playmaker.Their D looks like it's been reborn with a nasty attitude.
It's odd to see someone not named CJ2K or Chris Johnson called the tAcks best playmaker. He's pretty much disappeared.

b0ng
09-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Their D looks like it's been reborn with a nasty attitude.
It's odd to see someone not named CJ2K or Chris Johnson called the tAcks best playmaker. He's pretty much disappeared.

It'd be dumb not to try and account for him in practices and game plans though. If Britt is seriously out, it's him and hasselbeck that are their "play makers".

Their defense looks solid again. Must be something in the water there.

TexansFanatic
09-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Does anyone know Kubiak's record when you take away the first four and last four games of each season?

3 and 5 in 2006
3 and 5 in 2007
5 and 3 in 2008
3 and 5 in 2009
2 and 6 in 2010

16 and 24 for his first 5 seasons.

SaintRusty
09-26-2011, 02:12 PM
I was just looking at the remainder of the schedule this morning. We should end up losing only 5.

Losses come from @Saints, @Ravens, @Titans, @Bucs, Falcons.

I think you guys can take the Falcons and Bucs easy. Matt Ryan is choking this season away. If Vick didn't get hurt they're 0-3 right now. The Bucs will be the tougher of those two games but if y'all get out to an early lead (i.e. yesterday) they won't be able to mount a ridiculous comeback like the Saints.

As far as the Titans, ya'll have the better team, but it's divisional so ya never know. Maybe Andre will give innegan another beat down?

@Ravens will be rough, but not impossible. If Foster is back by then, chances improve drastically.

DexmanC
09-26-2011, 02:16 PM
3 and 5 in 2006
3 and 5 in 2007
5 and 3 in 2008
3 and 5 in 2009
2 and 6 in 2010

16 and 24 for his first 5 seasons.

This is a new season. The past is NOT a viable indicator of
the present. LMAO

RagingBull
09-26-2011, 02:38 PM
I think that everyone who is chalking a W against the Raiders may be in for a surprise. Darren McFadden is gonna run all over us if our run defense doesn't improve. We could be looking at 2-4 about 3 weeks from now.

Thorn
09-26-2011, 02:42 PM
I think that everyone who is chalking a W against the Raiders may be in for a surprise. Darren McFadden is gonna run all over us if our run defense doesn't improve. We could be looking at 2-4 about 3 weeks from now.

2-4 or 4-2, neither should surprise any of us when it comes to the Texans.

digitalswim
09-26-2011, 02:54 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth. The Texans better bring the wood when they play the Raiders. They are going to surprise a lot of teams.

:cow:

TexansForTheW
09-26-2011, 02:58 PM
This is a new season. The past is NOT a viable indicator of
the present. LMAO

What happened to yesterday's rant? Someone feeling better today?

TexCanada
09-26-2011, 03:05 PM
What happened to yesterday's rant? Someone feeling better today?

I think it was :sarcasm:

TexansForTheW
09-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Look at saints during their superbowl season and the year before it. Things change. We can't always be bad just because the year before we were. This season will be different.

Lurvinator11
10-09-2011, 05:03 PM
We got baltimore next week and we all know how that will turn out.

Then Tennesse on the road. Tennesse will be looking to get some redemption for todays loss to the steelers.

Texans could be 3-4 after 2 weeks and giving the lead up in the AFC south again.

:toropalm: If only schaub would have run it in......

TheMatrix31
10-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Tennessee is trash. I have all the confidence in the world we can beat them.

Baltimore will be tough.

Norg
10-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Plzzz there is no way Stump would of got past that linebacker sadly :kitten:

and 5-2 BELEIVE !!!!!!!!!!!! DRINK DAT KOOL AID

ziggy29
10-09-2011, 05:05 PM
And the loss of AJ and Mario for a while might be the excuse that allows Kubiak to keep his job if the Texans miss the playoffs...

Lurvinator11
10-09-2011, 05:06 PM
I was drinking the koolaid today but then I choked on it right around the time vickers dropped the ball!

Lurvinator11
10-09-2011, 05:07 PM
And the loss of AJ and Mario for a while might be the excuse that allows Kubiak to keep his job if the Texans miss the playoffs...

Any word on how long mario is out yet?

utahmark
10-09-2011, 05:09 PM

Then Tennesse on the road. Tennesse will be looking to get some redemption for todays loss to the steelers.

Texans could be 3-4 after 2 weeks and giving the lead up in the AFC south again.

Schaub was not getting in on that last play. I was wanting them to run a quick slant like the 1st td of the game that way we would of had time for two plays.

when there was that 15 yard facemask called on the last play I thought they should of put time back on the clock. Wasn't the clock running until we got back to the line of scrimage, almost ready to run the next play?

ziggy29
10-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Schaub was not getting in on that last play. I was wanting them to run a quick slant like the 1st td of the game that way we would of had time for two plays.
Yep -- I think in that situation with 8 seconds left you should be thinking about TWO plays. Look for a quick slant or a TE in the end zone, and if it isn't there immediately, throw it out the back of the end zone and run another play. (And for God's sake, don't take a sack.)

TheMatrix31
10-09-2011, 05:16 PM

Yeah, damn them for playing shitty when they're missing two of their top 4 players.

DAMN THEM!

ziggy29
10-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Yeah, damn them for playing shitty when they're missing two of their top 4 players.

DAMN THEM!
The problem here, though, is that I think despite the loss of those two players they still had a chance, and easily could have won this game. I think the coaching tends to handcuff the offense in the second half and are setting Schaub and the rest of the cast up for failure. They make the opponent's job a lot easier.

Spled
10-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Looks like another 8-8 season.

TheMatrix31
10-09-2011, 05:26 PM
The problem here, though, is that I think despite the loss of those two players they still had a chance, and easily could have won this game. I think the coaching tends to handcuff the offense in the second half and are setting Schaub and the rest of the cast up for failure. They make the opponent's job a lot easier.

Well yeah, that's the difference those players make.

Kimmy

DAMN THEM!

The Packers won the SB last year with half their team decimated. Good teams find a way to WIN, we find ways to lose. And we're not even creative about it. It's an interception.

TheMatrix31
The Packers won the SB last year with half their team decimated. Good teams find a way to WIN, we find ways to lose. And we're not even creative about it. It's an interception.

The Packers are much deeper than we could ever possibly hope to be.

Kimmy
10-09-2011, 05:28 PM

They have a GOOD quarterback ... that's the main difference ....

Bull Pen 1
10-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Looks like another 8-8 season.

Beware of the games 4 game losing streak during games 5-8, It's happened the last 2 or 3 years.

utahmark
10-09-2011, 05:29 PM

I'm not sure what plays you guys are wanting them to run. We couldn't run the ball against them. Our wr's were not getting open. Matt had no time to throw the ball. Jacoby sucks! Our only advantage were our te's against their lb's and our rb's out of the backfield. And thats where we attacked them, right where we had an advantage. So to all you saying our playcalling sucks, what plays would you of run? What mismatches would you of taken advantage of?

brakos82
10-09-2011, 05:29 PM
The Pack also sneaked into the playoffs as a 6-seed.

TheMatrix31
10-09-2011, 05:30 PM

Yeah, our quarterback is really crappy.

HJam72
10-09-2011, 05:30 PM

Schaub would have to be Michael Vick to run that in. He had a LB just waiting for him. It wasn't gonna happen.

Yes, things are looking bad right now with a couple of tough games coming up, but take a look at the last 9 games of the season and tell me we're not going to make a serious run...

We might win in Tennessee anyway; we ARE better than them and Pittsburgh proved it today. I just don't know if I can watch what's going to happen in Baltimore first. :toropalm:

HJam72
10-09-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure what plays you guys are wanting them to run. We couldn't run the ball against them. Our wr's were not getting open. Matt had not time to throw the ball. Jacoby sucks! Our only advantage were our te's against their lb's and our rb's out of the backfield. And thats where we attacked them, right where we had an advantage. So to all you saying our playcalling sucks what plays would you of run? What mismatches would you of taken advantage of?

Thank God for some common sense. :toropalm:

cain78749
10-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Well yeah, that's the difference those players make.

No, that's the difference between a team led and coached by winners. We've got a double dose of excuse-generating losers at the two most important slots.

Schaub is Romo. Kubiag is Pardee. Finkel is Einhorn. Too bad it's too late to suck for Luck.

buddyboy
10-09-2011, 05:35 PM

If Aaron Rodgers is the standard by which all QBs are judged to be "good" or not, there are mostly sh*tty QBs out there.

ziggy29
10-09-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm not sure what plays you guys are wanting them to run. We couldn't run the ball against them. Our wr's were not getting open. Matt had not time to throw the ball.
Yeah, but I think this partly *because* the defense knows what to expect. Throw a wrinkle in there once in a while, a high risk/high return play instead of a predictable, conservative offensive game plan, and maybe you keep the defense honest?

Any time the defense can predict the play an offense will call, the advantage swings to the defense. At the level of the NFL, even if you have more talent, if the defense knows what's coming it can make the offense's attempt to execute a LOT harder (no excuse for the dropped passes, though). So when it looks like the players suck, I think perhaps the predictability of the offense scheme is setting them up for failure. I agree it's harder without AJ but the truth is that they show the same tendencies even when AJ is in the game.

buddyboy
10-09-2011, 05:38 PM
No, that's the difference between a team led and coached by winners. We've got a double dose of excuse-generating losers at the two most important slots.

Schaub is Romo. Kubiag is Pardee. Finkel is Einhorn. Too bad it's too late to suck for Luck.

I'm curious, there's a lot of people who discount injuries and overall team ability, instead focusing on the coach. Let's say you take an all time great coach...say Parcells. Give him our team, but take away Andre, Foster, Mario, and Joseph. Do you guys really expect this "winning" coach to find a way to win regardless? I know it's a bit extreme, but the argument then becomes, at what point do injuries affect the way the coach can lead his team?

Ckw
10-09-2011, 05:38 PM

Man, I hope not. I think I'll have an aneurysm if this team doesn't make the playoffs and McNair keeps Kubiak around.

grinch1134
10-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Schaub would have to be Michael Vick to run that in. He had a LB just waiting for him. It wasn't gonna happen.

:

Thank you. Even with the hesitation Schaub doesn't make it. Plus if he runs and gets stopped at the 1 time is out. If he throws a bad throw away from his receiver, like he did all game, he gets a second play. But screw that play oher teammates cost us this game.

As far as the original post goes we could be well under .500 or well over. To quote Ron Washington, That's just how football go.

cain78749
10-09-2011, 05:40 PM

Yes, things are looking bad right now with a couple of tough games coming up, but take a look at the last 9 games of the season and tell me we're not going to make a serious run...

We might win in Tennessee anyway; we ARE better than them and Pittsburgh proved it today. I just don't know if I can watch what's going to happen in Baltimore first. :toropalm:

I do think we finally make the playoffs, based on schedule. We should be this years KC. But a first round loss is this teams' ceiling with Schaub.

HJam72
10-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Yeah, but I think this partly *because* the defense knows what to expect. Throw a wrinkle in there once in a while, a high risk/high return play instead of a predictable, conservative offensive game plan, and maybe you keep the defense honest?

Any time the defense can predict the play an offense will call, the advantage swings to the defense. At the level of the NFL, even if you have more talent, if the defense knows what's coming it can make the offense's attempt to execute a LOT harder (no excuse for the dropped passes, though). So when it looks like the players suck, I think perhaps the predictability of the offense scheme is setting them up for failure. I agree it's harder without AJ but the truth is that they show the same tendencies even when AJ is in the game.

What high risk/high return play? How 'bout a low risk/high return play?--like a short pass to a WIDE OPEN Vickers? This game was lost by Jacoby Jones, Vickers, and maybe Jason Allen. NOT ANY COACH.

You guys want to blame Schaub for this, fine; I don't agree at all, but fine. However, blaming the coach(es) for this loss is just stupid.

TheMatrix31
10-09-2011, 05:44 PM

Jesus Christ. This forum is ****ing insufferable 80% of the time.

ziggy29
10-09-2011, 05:45 PM
You guys want to blame Schaub for this, fine; I don't agree at all, but fine. However, blaming the coach(es) for this loss is just stupid.
To the extent one wants to play the blame game, there's enough to go around. (I already said you can't put the dropped passes on coaching.) But I still think the predictability of the Texans offense in the second half of tight games is a limiting factor.

As for JJ, the fact that the team was so thin that they *had* to go to him when JJ went down is a reflection of the coach and front office, at least in part. Yes, they have other needs as well but you don't want to be *this* thin at a skill position.

HJam72
10-09-2011, 05:45 PM
I do think we finally make the playoffs, based on schedule. We should be this years KC. But a first round loss is this teams' ceiling with Schaub.

No, it's not our ceiling with Schaub. It's probably our ceiling with Jason Allen starting though....or KJ for about 4 more years. We need STARTING caliber cornerbackS, and we only have 1.

It's ALWAYS the QBs fault or the HC's fault, until you know what you're talking about.

cain78749
10-09-2011, 05:47 PM
I'm curious, there's a lot of people who discount injuries and overall team ability, instead focusing on the coach. Let's say you take an all time great coach...say Parcells. Give him our team, but take away Andre, Foster, Mario, and Joseph. Do you guys really expect this "winning" coach to find a way to win regardless? I know it's a bit extreme, but the argument then becomes, at what point do injuries affect the way the coach can lead his team?

At the point when you can't point out stupid strategic decisions like forgetting about the TE as pass catchers for 2 quarters or to a decision like keeping an obviously injured G in the game even after getting schooled or the decision to not get another WR in the offseason after seeing JJones all his career and certainly enough to know he's a backup caliber player.

Kubiag pairs way too much stupid with his obvious abilities at scheming the offense.

That typed, Schaub is the weakest link on this chain in terms of whether this group can win a SB. He needs a Ravens 2000 type defense to do so. He must sweat clutch antidote.

ziggy29
10-09-2011, 05:47 PM
No, it's not our ceiling with Schaub. It's probably our ceiling with Jason Allen starting though....or KJ for about 4 more years. We need STARTING caliber cornerbackS, and we only have 1.

The front 7 can't always mask a weak secondary like they did when they took over the Pittsburgh game. And when they don't, it could be trouble. K-Jax? Yeah -- ouch.

HJam72
10-09-2011, 05:50 PM
To the extent one wants to play the blame game, there's enough to go around. (I already said you can't put the dropped passes on coaching.) But I still think the predictability of the Texans offense in the second half of tight games is a limiting factor.

As for JJ, the fact that the team was so thin that they *had* to go to him when JJ went down is a reflection of the coach and front office, at least in part. Yes, they have other needs as well but you don't want to be *this* thin at a skill position.

I don't see the predictability in the second half of this game. I see it in a couple of games that we won by running the clock out. I see that. I see that we could've possibly run up the score in those games. I see that New Orleans beat us by scoring 40 points, not because our offense was conservative. I see that we stopped running the ball today because we couldn't. Conservative would have been to just keep running into a brick wall today, which we didn't.

I agree about being thin at WR, but this is the salary cap era, so basically I don't know. I know it killed me to have such crap for a secondary last year and we still only have one good CB. I don't think it's possible to have every hole filled, unless some of it comes through luck, but I could be wrong.

HJam72
10-09-2011, 05:54 PM
So we just stopped sending the TE(s) on pass routes on the passing plays? I don't think so. They adjusted and the TE(s) weren't open anymore. You know why? 'Cuz they could probably shut down our WRs with one guy each...

Kimmy
10-09-2011, 05:55 PM
So we just stopped sending the TE(s) on pass routes on the passing plays? I don't think so. They adjusted and the TE(s) weren't open anymore. You know why? 'Cuz they could probably shut down our WRs with one guy each...

Yep, they didn't even have to cover Jacoby ... they knew he wouldn't catch it

Ckw
10-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Jesus Christ. This forum is ****ing insufferable 80% of the time.

Is it really necessary to use Jesus' name as a cuss word? There are plenty of other words out there that you, and others, could refrain from using the guy's name that many people view as their God or Savior. Even I have enough respect for Muslims that I don't feel the need to use Mohammad as my own personal curse word.

As far as the substance of your post, yeah the players are probably more at fault. Kubiak's playcalling in the 2nd half was far too predictable and conservative, but the players have to play. After rewatching a few parts of the game, I certainly don't think Kubiak's playcalling was good. At times, it was downright lousy. But I think what contributes to people automatically blaming Kubiak is the history. This team has done this for far too long, has collapsed way too many times under pressure, and it has been a trend since Kubiak has been here that this team can only play one good half of football. The players have changed. We have some new coaches. But the one consistent element has been Gary. So it's natural to blame the guy that has been at fault some many times in the past even if he isn't necessarily the one to blame for today's loss.

gary
10-09-2011, 06:12 PM
I don't discount Tennessee at home and I won't.

Lurvinator11
10-09-2011, 06:38 PM
I know it is still early to say this. The rest of the season could go in our favor very well. Let's assume this loss was a fluke. Maybe we will learn from this loss and get better who knows?

Anyway looking at the rest of our games, it actually still looks pretty good.

@Baltimore- Loss
@Tennesse- Could go either way, but im gonna put up a loss
Jacksonville-Win
Cleveland- Win
@ Tampa Bay- Win
@Jacksonville- Win
Atlanta-Loss
@Cincinatti- Win
Carolina- Win
@Indy- Win
Tennesse- Win

That would leave us with an 11-5 record and probably and AFC south division title.

Making the playoffs though idk from there.

But if the offense plays the way they did today, we can straight up kiss any hopes for the playoffs goodbye.

Norg
10-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Mario might be out foe 6 weeks

injuries are mounting

EllisUnit
10-09-2011, 06:42 PM
I know it is still early to say this. The rest of the season could go in our favor very well. Let's assume this loss was a fluke. Maybe we will learn from this loss and get better who knows?

@Baltimore- Loss
Jacksonville-Win
Cleveland- Win
@ Tampa Bay- Win
@Jacksonville- Win
Atlanta-Loss
@Cincinatti- Win
Carolina- Win
@Indy- Win
Tennesse- Win

That would leave us with an 11-5 record and probably and AFC south division title.

But if the offense plays the way they did today, we can straight up kiss any hopes for the playoffs goodbye.

with a healthy AJ, Foster, Daniels, Schaub, Casey, Williams and Joseph we go far into the play-offs. BUT we are built around 1 player and that is AJ, if he is out of the game than i say we dont make it past the first round.

Lurvinator11
10-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Mario might be out foe 6 weeks

injuries are mounting

Link?

DX-TEX
10-09-2011, 06:46 PM
6-10:koolaid:

Norg
10-09-2011, 06:48 PM
6-10:koolaid:

a top 10 pick agian who are we getting ???? :koolaid: and Boneafied WR

gary
10-09-2011, 06:49 PM
It is the Texans so I won't guess anymore.

brakos82
10-09-2011, 06:50 PM
It is the Texans so I won't guess anymore.
I guess we end up somewhere between 3-13 and 17-2.

Norg
10-09-2011, 06:51 PM
your right the texans are the hardest team to predict

False Start
10-09-2011, 06:54 PM
With this team's history, I have held myself back from getting my hopes up too high, its wait and see for me, one game at a time. :kitten:

Ryan
10-09-2011, 06:54 PM
If we perform at the level we've performed at so far this season, we are 8-8 or 9-7. And with these injuries we've piled up i could take off 1-2 of those wins with ease.

EllisUnit
10-09-2011, 06:55 PM
With this team's history, I have held myself back from getting my hopes up too high, its wait and see for me, one heartbreak at a time. :kitten:

there i fixed it

False Start
10-09-2011, 06:56 PM
there i fixed it

There ya go, thats more like it....:heh: :(

hradhak
10-09-2011, 06:59 PM
The thing that makes me feel good is that there is no game on our schedule where I'm writing down an L. That said I don't think we can beat the Ravens in Baltimore, no matter how pissed we are from last year and today's game.

Our team needs to remember that we are capable of playing we did against the Steelers and we are capable of getting pushed around like we did today.

Big Lou
10-09-2011, 06:59 PM

I checked your math, you are correct, we could be 3-4 in 2 weeks.

I also ran the numbers and found out that we could be:

5-2
4-3
4-2-1
3-1-2

So I guess we will have to wait and see.

TexanSam
10-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Just like after the Saints game I wanna see how this team answers. We beat the Steelers last week and I think we can beat the Ravens next week.

brakos82
10-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Just like after the Saints game I wanna see how this team answers. We beat the Steelers last week and I think we can beat the Ravens next week.

QFT. Make up a bad loss with a win against a strong team.

badboy
10-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Link?I think his first sentence said might and that is an opinion, he wouldn't need a link. Injuries are mounting up is his second season and watching the game provides all the link we need. lol

Peldon
10-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Also both the Ravens and Titans are coming off a bye week when we play them.

TexansFanatic
10-09-2011, 07:10 PM
I know it is still early to say this.

@Baltimore- Loss
Jacksonville-Win
Cleveland- Win
@ Tampa Bay- Win
@Jacksonville- Win
Atlanta-Loss
@Cincinatti- Win
Carolina- Win
@Indy- Win
Tennesse- Win

I wouldn't be so confident about @Tampa Bay or @Cincinnati. Those are two winning teams and we know about Kubiak's record with road games against winning teams.

I'm thinking Kubiak will be lucky to wind up 9-7 and have the Titans fold.

Hervoyel
10-09-2011, 07:37 PM

@Baltimore- Loss
Jacksonville-Win
Cleveland- Win
@ Tampa Bay- Win
@Jacksonville- Win
Atlanta-Loss
@Cincinatti- Win
Carolina- Win
@Indy- Win
Tennesse- Win

Do you mean like how we learned from the New Orleans loss?

Look, the season is shaping up to be very different from our expectations. I see that list and it looks like this to me

@Baltimore- Loss
@Tennesse- Loss
Jacksonville-Win
Cleveland- Win
@ Tampa Bay- Win
@Jacksonville- LOSS
Atlanta-Loss
@Cincinatti- LOSS
Carolina- LOSS
@Indy- Win
Tennesse- Win

Baltimore is gonna kill us. Just flat out sodomize us at midfield while their fans go get nachos at halftime. Tennessee is going to do the exact same thing to us up there because we're the same fragile bunch of ******* on offense that we've always been. We'll come home and play well in a couple of "statement games" against Jacksonville and Cleveland and I'll go so far as to say that we'll beat Tampa Bay.... maybe to fool the truly gullible into putting one foot back on the bandwagon but Jacksonville is gonna split with us because that's what they do. Atlanta has an offense that knows what to do in the red zone and surprisingly so does Cincinnati. Carolina will have learned to win by the time they come here and we'll do what we're famous for. Close out the season against a weak Colts team and a Titans squad that's already earned the Division Championship and doesn't care to finish 8-8

We're still an 8-8 team not because our defense sucks but because our offense is still every bit as dysfunctional as it's always been. They just can't point the finger to the other side of the ball anymore.

Hervoyel
10-09-2011, 07:40 PM
QFT. Make up a bad loss with a win against a strong team.

That's a prefect recipe for 8-8 right there. I know it well. I don't even have to look in Gary's cookbook anymore. I can make that one from memory.

LikeMike
10-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Without Mario, AJ and a legitimate second HB each remaining game will be challenging. I hope that they are back against the Titans

cain78749
10-09-2011, 08:36 PM

It's ALWAYS the QBs fault or the HC's fault, until you know what you're talking about.It absolutely is Schaub's ceiling with this squad. Obviously any decent QB can win a SB, if surrounded by at or near Pro Bowl talent at the other 21, but this isn't that kind of team.

Parity is the watchword of the NFL, and that means it's the subtle differences that separate losers from winners. Most NFL games, and a larger % of playoff games come down to execution in crunch time. A significant part of that is execution on the last drive of the game. In crunch time and moreso on that last drive/play Schaub has proved himself lacking. He has gotten it done in a handful of games, but only against weaker teams or against playoff bound teams coasting into the postseason with locked up spots. KC last year was an exception. Against that one, nice win is a mountain of picks, sacks and head-scratching decisions.

I type this so that he may one day prove me wrong. For better or worse (more likely) we're stuck with him. You don't give up on a guy like him with nothing waiting in the wings. Now, if an intriguing prospect falls to the 3rd round next year, we have to jump on him, and let him sit until ready.

brakos82
10-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Now, if an intriguing prospect falls to the 3rd round next year, we have to jump on him, and let him sit until ready.

Bingo. I'd like to see us go after a mid-round QB prospect, around the 3rd or 4th round. Don't follow NCAA enough to know who's there.

Lucky
10-09-2011, 08:53 PM
If he can get a hurricane in here, Gary might even get another extension!

Sure, the Texans could be under .500 in two weeks. It will be a surprise if they're not. They could also win the AFC South with a .500 record. That's how bad this division has become.

ArlingtonTexan
10-09-2011, 08:59 PM
If he can get a hurricane in here, Gary might even get another extension!

Sure, the Texans could be under .500 in two weeks. It will be a surprise if they're not. They could also win the AFC South with a .500 record. That's how bad this division has become.

Yeah, I think some are forgetting that the Texans were/are favorites in this division because they are "best" of bad bunch. they probably will be in this thing until the last week, almost no matter what the record.

ziggy29
10-09-2011, 09:02 PM

Yeah, I pretty much said that elsewhere when someone said it's not that impressive being the best team in a lousy division. But I disagreed -- the best team in a lousy division still makes the playoffs, while the #2 or #3 team in a strong division may not. And this has been one of the stronger divisions in the NFL in recent years, but this is a down year.

cain78749
10-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Bingo. I'd like to see us go after a mid-round QB prospect, around the 3rd or 4th round. Don't follow NCAA enough to know who's there.Well, Matt Jackson's gonna try to get local momentum behind drafting Case Keenum, and no doubt Aggies will push for Tannehill, but neither are likely to be good enough to eventually beat out Schaub. One or two of Ryan Linkley, Nick Foles and Kirk Cousins should be available in the middle rounds.

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Keenum in the 6th/7th/UFA range.

Building a championship caliber defense is still job one in the draft. 1 and 2 should go to CB and DT.

EllisUnit
10-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Well, Matt Jackson's gonna try to get local momentum behind drafting Case Keenum, and no doubt Aggies will push for Tannehill, but neither are likely to be good enough to eventually beat out Schaub. One or two of Ryan Linkley, Nick Foles and Kirk Cousins should be available in the middle rounds.

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Keenum in the 6th/7th/UFA range.

Building a championship caliber defense is still job one in the draft. 1 and 2 should go to CB and DT.

i have been watching Keenum for 6 years and i think he has what it takes to make a dman good NFL QB. He is not just a college FB system QB like Leinart was IMO. He is so versitle and has great vision/instincts.

RagingBull
10-09-2011, 09:10 PM

Bump

DexmanC
10-09-2011, 09:11 PM

Wait a minute. I thought you said Kubiak was good a building his personnel.
After all, he's had SIX YEARS to do it.

Ain't the Detroit Lions 4-0, winning 3 on the road, with a head coach
who took over an 0-16 team? Wha??

Has Kubiak ever been 4-0?

Hmmm....

DX-TEX
10-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Bump

But McFadden DIDNT run all over us. Schaub just ran in fear and Jacoby just ran in circles.

EllisUnit
10-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Bump

Mcfadden didnt run all over us though the texans beat their selves in this game, they def WERENT out played by the raiders. hell they had 6 points before they even got their first 1st down.

DX-TEX
10-09-2011, 09:14 PM

Hmmm....

That is really depressing......http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/49/dawson_crying.gif

DexmanC
10-09-2011, 09:17 PM
The thing that makes me feel good is that there is no game on our schedule where I'm writing down an L. That said I don't think we can beat the Ravens in Baltimore, no matter how pissed we are from last year and today's game.

Our team needs to remember that we are capable of playing we did against the Steelers and we are capable of getting pushed around like we did today.
This is not an expansion team anymore. When are Texans fans gonna nix
the "Care Bears" attitude and demand that this team WIN?

If not that, how long is Kubiak gonna be allowed to continue his tenure
of futility?

cain78749
10-09-2011, 09:22 PM
i have been watching Keenum for 6 years and i think he has what it takes to make a dman good NFL QB. He is not just a college FB system QB like Leinart was IMO. He is so versitle and has great vision/instincts.The consensus on him right now is 6th/7th round. I can't say I've seen enough of him to know, but if no one else is gonna take him until late, then you don't take him til late. Taking a flyer on him is fine.

But be mindful that he's only 6'1", slow, and does play in a system that makes good college QBs look all world.

brakos82
10-09-2011, 09:24 PM

Definitely grab a CB and DT via draft or FA. I'd want a WR2 somewhere in the higher rounds as well, but get a D need first.

Runner
10-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Let's be positive for once.

At worst, this team loses 2 out of the next three...

I didn't think this was so positive at the time. Maybe it's just Texans positive.

HTown2ATX
10-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I think some are forgetting that the Texans were/are favorites in this division because they are "best" of bad bunch. they probably will be in this thing until the last week, almost no matter what the record.

Exactly.....knowing this team, it will be neck and neck with the hillbillies last game of the season in Houston to decide winner of the South.

You realize those toothless moonshiners have a new QB in a new system with a new staff coaching.......aaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're tied with them for the division.

:kubepalm:

I need someone to carebear me up on how that is not such a bad thing. Prime opportunity today with the inbreeders losing to move up a game and gain some separation.

Just sayin.

EllisUnit
10-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Exactly.....knowing this team, it will be neck and neck with the hillbillies last game of the season in Houston to decide winner of the South.

You realize those toothless moonshiners have a new QB in a new system with a new staff coaching.......aaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're tied with them for the division.

:kubepalm:

Just sayin.

actually we are ahead we are 1-0 in the division and they are 0-1 :kingkong: yeah big time motivation i know :toropalm:

ThaShark316
10-09-2011, 09:47 PM
We potentially just blew a chance to seriously put the division away in Tennessee.

Beat OAK, 4-1...

you give BAL something to THINK about with the way you stuffed the run today. With their offensive woes, you might shock those guys...then go to Nashville, and put them behind by 3 games, basically.

Yeah....that's what this loss made me think about.

HTown2ATX
10-09-2011, 09:50 PM

Hmmm....

Man, I'm not jumping into calling for anyone's head yet, but that is pretty crazy. The frickin LIONS.... :kubepalm:

I tried to point out Buffalo after the Saints loss (Bills have been bad for years too) and everyone was trying to spin that. Will be interesting what people have to say to rebut that point you made. The old "Why is Detroit relevant?" evasion I assume.

of futility?

:rake:

HTown2ATX
10-09-2011, 09:53 PM
actually we are ahead we are 1-0 in the division and they are 0-1 :kingkong: yeah big time motivation i know :toropalm:
I hear ya on the division standings, but I expect us to probably drop one to them now to even that right up.....:toropalm:

Also, overall W-L is same right now.

incubry
10-10-2011, 12:28 AM
HA!!! I was about to start a thread on this subject before I found this. :goodpost: Really...after Baltimore....We COULD very easily go 10-0 or 9-1(with Atlanta) since we're not playing the Super Bowl champs from 2 yrs ago w/ Brees and not playing an emotionally change "win one for the gipper" Raiders. OUR 2 LOSSES SO FAR! I wanna brainwash myself into thinking they are learning from their mistakes as they go and correcting them.

bckey
10-10-2011, 02:49 AM

of futility?

The sad thing DexmanC is that I believe we could see Kubiak here again next year. I said this in another thread:

How about the Texans win the division with an 8-8 or 9-7 record (no better than their 9-7 non playoff year). Due to a cupcake last half of the schedule and all of our division foes with major problems. They host a playoff game because they win the division but lose. Kubiak is retained because he made the playoffs and all the koolaid drinkers rejoice. Nothing actually acomplished but all remains the same. The nightmare continues.....

thunderkyss
10-10-2011, 09:40 AM

Their QB makes the other players better.....

thunderkyss
10-10-2011, 09:42 AM

I expect a coach to be able to win that game yesterday.

Not every game. Not against the Saints, not against the Packers, not against the Ravens....

But if I've got an offensive "guru" playing the 29th defense in the league.... you're damn right I expect to get a win.

thunderkyss
10-10-2011, 09:57 AM

The Titans have the same schedule.

nero THE zero
10-10-2011, 10:01 AM
I think we'll get out of the first 6 games at 3-3 or 4-2 and only lose once or twice more for the remainder of the season.

It sets up quite well for us.

Still think this happens.

Big Lou
10-10-2011, 10:44 AM

of futility?

OCCUPY RELIANT!!!!!!!

Meet you there, who's bringing the beer????

:clown:

TimeKiller
10-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Like it's just typical or something....here's how it's gonna go:

Baltimore: Loss. Because the Texans don't beat good teams.
Tennessee: Loss. Because the Texans don't beat teams in the division when it counts.
Jacksonville: Loss, probably on some kind of ridiculous triple tip INT pick 6 at the final whistle.
Cleveland: Win, to break up the annual mid season 4 game losing streak.
Tampa Bay: Win, to give people hope of the playoffs. Upset victory, no doubt.
Jacksonville: Loss. Didn't you hear me? THEY DON'T WIN DIVISION GAMES WHEN IT COUNTS!!!!
Atlanta: Win. I bet you still have hope, don't you?
Cincinatti: Win. Because even I can't come up with a sarcastic way to describe a loss to this pile of garbage.
Carolina: Loss. Here will be the annual "making a rookie QB look like Joe Montana" embarrassment.
Indianapolis: Loss. BECAUSE THE TEXANS DON'T WI....ahhh screw it.
Tennessee: Win. Last game of the year that won't get them into the playoffs but WILL **** over draft position.

8-8. Count on it like you would count on Kubiak to call 30 running plays in a row in the 2nd half with a 2 point lead.

ThaShark316
10-10-2011, 11:49 AM

Tennessee: Loss. Because the Texans don't beat teams in the division when it counts.
Jacksonville: Loss, probably on some kind of ridiculous triple tip INT pick 6 at the final whistle.
Jacksonville: Loss. Didn't you hear me? THEY DON'T WIN DIVISION GAMES WHEN IT COUNTS!!!!
Cincinatti: Win. Because even I can't come up with a sarcastic way to describe a loss to this pile of garbage.
Carolina: Loss. Here will be the annual "making a rookie QB look like Joe Montana" embarrassment.
Tennessee: Win. Last game of the year that won't get them into the playoffs but WILL **** over draft position.

8-8. Count on it like you would count on Kubiak to call 30 running plays in a row in the 2nd half with a 2 point lead.

Dude said 2 losses to the Jags...I know you are DOWN on the Texans, but that team is BAD. Only reason they have a win this year is because Chris Johnson was out of shape.

I know most of this was tongue in cheek, but still...

TimeKiller
10-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Dude said 2 losses to the Jags...I know you are DOWN on the Texans, but that team is BAD. Only reason they have a win this year is because Chris Johnson was out of shape.

I know most of this was tongue in cheek, but still...

lol you know what's funny? You don't know if I'm kidding or serious because it looks and sounds like exactly what usually happens to this franchise.

thetexanator
10-10-2011, 01:44 PM
WTF. this was supposed to be THE YEAR. everything was aligning somewhat perfectly. HOW LONG MUST WE WAIT.

TheMatrix31
10-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Damn. I don't know man. Good thread. Good thing we don't have 17 other threads discussing the same thing at the same time.

beerlover
10-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Damn. I don't know man. Good thread. Good thing we don't have 17 other threads discussing the same thing at the same time.

are you sure there are only 17?

houstonspartan
10-10-2011, 01:47 PM

LMAO!

Nice.

TexanScott
10-10-2011, 01:48 PM
You guys all freak out a little too easy. This season isn't even close to lost. In case you haven't noticed we still are tied for the division lead, with the better division record currently.

Grams
10-10-2011, 01:49 PM

Not sure this team can beat Tampa or Atlanta. I see 6-10

toronto
10-10-2011, 01:49 PM

Tried to rep you bro...

LOL

Grams
10-10-2011, 01:50 PM
You guys all freak out a little too easy. This season isn't even close to lost. In case you haven't noticed we still are tied for the division lead, with the better division record currently.

Just wait a bit - we still have 5 division games yet to lose.

Carr Bombed
10-10-2011, 01:50 PM
:rolleyes:

There's still no reason why we shouldn't make the playoffs this year. People need to stop being so freaking whiny. Injuries are a part of football, count your lucky stars that both Mario and Andre aren't sitting on the I.R. list right now and nutt up, man up, and move on.

Norg
10-10-2011, 01:55 PM
it still is in terms of the divison

Jags n colts are pretty much out early then expected

and the titans lost just like us last week plus there star WR kenny britt isnt coming back

has long has we beat the tacks we are 4 sure in the playoffs

TheMatrix31
10-10-2011, 02:01 PM
We beat the Steelers, who beat the shit out of the Titans, who beat the shit out of the Ravens, who we so happen to play next week.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

////

parkus
10-10-2011, 02:02 PM
On the bright side of things, our schedule is quite favorable after Baltimore. I think we walk out of Baltimore 3-3 but after that I have a hard time not seeing us at 10-6 or 11-5. This of course assumes that things don't get worse on the injury front than they already are.

If only Vickers had caught that pass.....wow.

thunderkyss
10-10-2011, 02:06 PM

You don't know Jack

3-3

Tennessee: Loss. Because the Texans don't beat teams in the
division when it counts.

3-4

3-5

4-5

5-5

5-6

6-6

You out yo Damn mind!!

HTown2ATX
10-10-2011, 02:08 PM
We beat the Steelers, who beat the shit out of the Titans, who beat the shit out of the Ravens, who we so happen to play next week.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

////

lol

I like the way your posts are going now Matrix...you're hittin all the threads and gettin lathered up over there, just ready to run through a wall and shit!!

Keep it going! Too bad I threw you some rep a minute ago so I can't do it again...

You can see the swing in your posts from this morning till now.

Norg
10-10-2011, 02:11 PM
call me crazy but its not like 100% we are going to lose to the ravens this team is jeckle and hayde but if we get the Jeckle this week i think we could sneak one out i just got that feeling LOL Ravens dont scare me has much has they used 2

TheMatrix31
10-10-2011, 02:12 PM
lol

I like the way your posts are going now Matrix...you're hittin all the threads and gettin lathered up over there, just ready to run through a wall and shit!!

Keep it going! Too bad I threw you some rep a minute ago so I can't do it again...

You can see the swing in your posts from this morning till now.

My sarcasm gets kicked into high gear the dumber people become, lol.

HTown2ATX
10-10-2011, 02:20 PM
My sarcasm gets kicked into high gear the dumber people become, lol.

I think overall you and I disagree on a bunch of stuff about the Texans, but I can appreciate someone getting worked up about this team whether I agree with them the majority of the time or not and I always appreciate sarcasm haha.

That last post just seemed like a fan losing their mind.....like a lot of us out of frustration haha. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Hervoyel
10-10-2011, 02:29 PM
call me crazy but its not like 100% we are going to lose to the ravens this team is jeckle and hayde but if we get the Jeckle this week i think we could sneak one out i just got that feeling LOL Ravens dont scare me has much has they used 2

Wait a minute, wouldn't they more than likely be "Heckle & Jeckle" than "Jeckle and Hyde"?

They are Ravens after all.

TheMatrix31
10-10-2011, 03:18 PM
That last post just seemed like a fan losing their mind.....like a lot of us out of frustration haha. I couldn't have said it better myself.

That's pretty much it, LOL.

thunderkyss
10-10-2011, 03:24 PM

I'll be back on the wagon Wednesday or Thursday & we'll explore that possibility... But right now, that would just make this one (& the Saints) sting even worse.

PS: You're crazy

THE RAVENS DEN
10-11-2011, 03:36 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

////

Let me rework that for ya - We beat the Stealers, who beat the shit out of the Titans (without their #1 receiver), who beat the shit out of the Ravens, who beat the shit out of the STEALERS and then made them eat it.

Do you really think if the RAVENS played the Titans again, that it would have the same outcome. Or even better , if the Titans had to play the RAVENS at M&T Bank stadium. It would be a straight out slaughter. Do me a favor and while you watch the TEXANS @ RAVENS, just listen to the 7 Nation Army Chant.

Of course im bias ,but the RAVENS are twice as good when at home. RAVENS fans are the real 12th man on the Defense.

It took me a minute but i found a clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGRThLyuN1U

The JETS game was even louder.

DexmanC
10-11-2011, 03:44 AM
Our history under Kubiak would indicate the Texans getting
RODE at Baltimore on Sunday. Let's see if it'll be different.

thunderkyss
10-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Our history under Kubiak would indicate the Texans getting
RODE at Baltimore on Sunday. Let's see if it'll be different.

Can you define RODE?

HJam72
10-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Can you define RODE?

If we lose by a FG in OT he'll say we were RODE, Fire everybody, start over...