buddyboy
09-26-2011, 02:07 AM
Simple question.

Malloy
09-26-2011, 02:48 AM
The Saints.

Allstar
09-26-2011, 02:53 AM
Defense mostly. Couldn't stop Brees. Would be nice to run the ball and not have a 3 and out with a 9 point lead in the 4th though...

ThaShark316
09-26-2011, 03:02 AM
Last I checked, they are a team.

No one in the locker room is going to say "well, shit...wasn't my fault!"

The TEXANS lost.

80tothezone
09-26-2011, 03:39 AM
No one....we played a good game
@
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Marcus
09-26-2011, 03:44 AM
STUPID question.

Exactly.

They are a football team. Get with the program.

DocBar
09-26-2011, 03:51 AM
I'm hanging this on the red zone offense. Of 35 potential points in the redzone, we score 19. We left up to 16 points on the field and lost by 7. If we score 3 out of 5 touchdowns, we put this game out of reach early and take the crowd out of it entirely. The D has it's share of blame to bear, but that offense is gonna get their yards 9 out of 10 times. Texan_Mike brought up a good point about Vickers in the red zone. Did he even see the field today?

Yesterday
09-26-2011, 04:07 AM
F.) Kareem Jackson

Grams
09-26-2011, 06:34 AM
It was a team loss.

A little bit of the offense - not getting TD's in the red zone.
A little bit of the defense - could not stop the Saints
A little bit of the special teams - horrible punt

Not enought pressure on Brees, not the right play calling in the red zone.

Just a little bit of everybody.

While we did not let some "no name" QB throw for a thousand yards or some horrible defense run us over, I thought we tried hard the whole game. We just came up short to a very good team. We came up 0-1 this Sunday.

On to next week - Steelers at home. We need to go 1-0 this Sunday.

michaelm
09-26-2011, 07:18 AM
I blame the fans. I hate all this finger pointing BS.
Two good teams played.
One team lost, and the other team won.
The same story played out all over the league yesterday.

DexmanC
09-26-2011, 07:46 AM
Nothing in nature works in isolation of its body. Your kidneys don't function
in isolation of the pancreas. Your brain doesn't function in isolation of your
heart. None of the players, coaches, trainers, and team staff work in isolation
of Kubiak.

This is the work of Kubiak. We've seen the same thing for six years, because
Kubiak has not yet evolved enough as a head coach although the talent
and coaching has improved around him.

Sink or swim, it's gonna be Kubiak. This loss had the elements of what
we've seen before, and have thought to be corrected. They choked
away a 9-point lead in the fourth quarter, largely because of Kubiak turning
pass-happy when the run game was working. This, amongst many other
game-management issues, led to this loss.

Kubiak will have to get better if this team is to get better. On to the
next test...

Texaninlild
09-26-2011, 07:56 AM
F.) Kareem Jackson

True

TejasTom
09-26-2011, 08:10 AM
"It's on me."

rmartin65
09-26-2011, 08:12 AM
It was all of it- the players did not execute and the coaches did not do a good job in the 2nd half. However, I blame that on Kubiak, so he gets the vote.

BigBull17
09-26-2011, 08:14 AM
I'm hanging this on the red zone offense. Of 35 potential points in the redzone, we score 19. We left up to 16 points on the field and lost by 7. If we score 3 out of 5 touchdowns, we put this game out of reach early and take the crowd out of it entirely. The D has it's share of blame to bear, but that offense is gonna get their yards 9 out of 10 times. Texan_Mike brought up a good point about Vickers in the red zone. Did he even see the field today?

Yes sir. One thing that blows my mind is how can you rush 4, watch it get absolutly killed, then STILL not blitz a soul? Couldn't get beat worse than they were.

Blake
09-26-2011, 08:18 AM
Defense for sure. They let the Saints score 23 points in the 4th quarter. Utter Failure.

gtexan02
09-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Phillips. Watching brees burn us twice on the same 2 point conv play tells me everything I needed to know about the adaptability of Phillips defense.

Playoffs
09-26-2011, 08:37 AM
G. Wishy-washy fans.

HJam72
09-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Considering who we played, I can only blame the D so much.

Obviously, the D did have some fault in a game where the opponent scored 40 points, but, all things considered, I blame Schaub. I think he choked in the 4th, and I think the reason why is a lack of experience at that kind of pressure. Hopefully he'll learn to deal with it. Not saying he had a bad game; just saying he had a 4th qtr. that was pathetic in comparison to the first 3.

Don't let pressure (speaking mostly of the mental kind) cause you to just throw the ball in the dirt when you could easily hit short passes to RBs, etc. in the numbers. Don't insist on going to AJ when he is triple covered (and not behind them all). Don't stop playing smart just because it actually starts to matter more. Just keep playing smart and let the pressure deal with itself.

TheMatrix31
09-26-2011, 09:07 AM
George W. Bush.

Everything else is his fault too.

/

drunkcookie
09-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Who's not to blame?

You can blame coaching both offensively and defensively...

Blame the Saints and that Brees fella...

Where was Barwin? I was begining to think Mario had missed the flight 'til i saw him riding an excersize bike (thanks CBS)...

Schaub had a good game, but made some really bad throws and decisions at times so he gets some... The oline did a good job for the most part...

Redzone offense? Sure, swap two fgs with two td+xpts and that's eight more pts, which wins the game... Then again, let's not act like the Saints wouldnt have scored anyway.... Would have had 47, which would have still been a six pt win... And even with three fgs swapped out with three td+xpts the Texicans lose by two...

Basically, i go with the defense on this one...

But i wont panic, the Saints are top-notch and we came up short in their house... 2-1 isnt the end of the world, but we must improve...

Btw, nice to see Ryans show some flashes of progress yesterday and to see Casey get him some....

drunkcookie
09-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Who's not to blame?
Then again, let's not act like the Saints wouldnt have scored anyway.... Would have had 47, which would have still been a six pt win... And even with three fgs swapped out with three td+xpts the Texicans lose by two....

My comments here are flawed... The texans would have been up 41-40 and would have been able to milk a lot of clock, but not all of it if my memory is correct... But still, the way our defense had been disected, i still see the saints maybe getting a fg...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

AsylumGuido
09-26-2011, 10:35 AM
The Saints.

This.