PDA

View Full Version : This is a @%^ing joke

Texanmike02
09-26-2011, 12:16 AM
Specknatz used to call me the debbie downer of the board. I'm generally not too excited or too upset with the team. I don't understand the attitude of this board.

Last year wasn't the same. The Cowboys came into our house and dominated us. It was apparent in that game that we didn't have the talent to compete in the secondary. We were manhandled last year. This game was an away game not to a team that is a 6-10 team, but to a team that is a playoff contender. They just got beaten in a track meet against a GB that is the best team in the league. That was at home. We're not GB. Not yet. We're not 2010 texans either.

We do need a few things. We have room for progress. The fact is, we have the talent to fix our problems. We just need to finish in the redzone. I think foster helps fix that. I thought we had issues with the offense in the first half of the Indy games. This is a team that is struggling to find sustained success. We know we can compete with just about any team in the league but competing and winning are not the same. How do you fix that? You never take your foot off the gas on offense. Yes our defense gave up points in the second half but seriously how long were they supposed to do that? They did their job. They put the offense in position. Arian helps when he gets back but, and I loved Casey, we need some vickers in the red zone. We need that bruiser. Oh, and we need Arian. Or Ward. In a game that we get up 10 points and we only ran the ball 20ish times in the game? This team is supposed to dominate you on the ground.

All of that said, we have the pieces. We aren't in disarray. Look at the Washington game last year. The cowboys game? We dominated a top 5 team in the league for a half. We just didn't close the deal. This is the kind of game that needs to get the offense's attention and focus on the redzone.

But to you who are talking about doomsday? Go watch the Dallas game from last year. Tell me if that is the same team you saw?

Mike

80tothezone
09-26-2011, 12:21 AM
My thoughts exactly

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

brakos82
09-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Talking about :specnatz:, where the hell is he?

Playoffs
09-26-2011, 12:37 AM
All of that said, we have the pieces. We aren't in disarray...We dominated a top 5 team in the league for a half. We just didn't close the deal. This is the kind of game that needs to get the offense's attention and focus on the redzone.
Exactly.

Stop with all the whining. Sheesh

Back to work Tuesday ... Steelhers next up.

Texanmike02
09-26-2011, 12:43 AM
Talking about :specnatz:, where the hell is he?

I've asked that before. Anyone know?

Mike

NitroGSXR
09-26-2011, 01:04 AM
No!!! We must send Toro to the taxidermist!!

:)

I'm disappointed we lost but geez... That absolutely was a good, fun football game to watch up all the way to the end. I am excited about this team.

Hervoyel
09-26-2011, 07:47 AM
I've asked that before. Anyone know?

Mike

We don't speak of it and as long as the body stays under we never will.

Blake
09-26-2011, 08:18 AM
The forum members creating thread after thread about how ****ty the team is need to stop and breathe into a paper sack. Yes, the D didnt look good vs. Brees and the Saints. And I am disappointed in the D's 4th quarter game. But this is a good team who has to rebound and get ready to host Pitt.

Stop overreacting and looking for every little thing to criticize.

steelbtexan
09-26-2011, 08:26 AM
Specknatz used to call me the debbie downer of the board. I'm generally not too excited or too upset with the team. I don't understand the attitude of this board.

Last year wasn't the same. The Cowboys came into our house and dominated us. It was apparent in that game that we didn't have the talent to compete in the secondary. We were manhandled last year. This game was an away game not to a team that is a 6-10 team, but to a team that is a playoff contender. They just got beaten in a track meet against a GB that is the best team in the league. That was at home. We're not GB. Not yet. We're not 2010 texans either.

We do need a few things. We have room for progress. The fact is, we have the talent to fix our problems. We just need to finish in the redzone. I think foster helps fix that. I thought we had issues with the offense in the first half of the Indy games. This is a team that is struggling to find sustained success. We know we can compete with just about any team in the league but competing and winning are not the same. How do you fix that? You never take your foot off the gas on offense. Yes our defense gave up points in the second half but seriously how long were they supposed to do that? They did their job. They put the offense in position. Arian helps when he gets back but, and I loved Casey, we need some vickers in the red zone. We need that bruiser. Oh, and we need Arian. Or Ward. In a game that we get up 10 points and we only ran the ball 20ish times in the game? This team is supposed to dominate you on the ground.

All of that said, we have the pieces. We aren't in disarray. Look at the Washington game last year. The cowboys game? We dominated a top 5 team in the league for a half. We just didn't close the deal. This is the kind of game that needs to get the offense's attention and focus on the redzone.

But to you who are talking about doomsday? Go watch the Dallas game from last year. Tell me if that is the same team you saw?

Mike

The problems you speak of have existed for 5 yrs. They are part and parcell to a Gary coached team.

They only play half a game. It will continue to be this way. The only thing that might be different is Wade may be able to cover up some of Garys deficiencies.

But I fully expect the Texans to continue to play 2 qtrs of football. That will be enough to beat the Mia, Indy,and KC's of the world. But it's not going to cut it against the good teams like Balt,Pitts,N.O. etc....

DexmanC
09-26-2011, 09:12 AM
The problems you speak of have existed for 5 yrs. They are part and parcell to a Gary coached team.

They only play half a game. It will continue to be this way. The only thing that might be different is Wade may be able to cover up some of Garys deficiencies.

But I fully expect the Texans to continue to play 2 qtrs of football. That will be enough to beat the Mia, Indy,and KC's of the world. But it's not going to cut it against the good teams like Balt,Pitts,N.O. etc....

This season is playing out, so far, like the other 5 have. To write the
Texans off, is to know what's going to happen in the future. Those
who seem to "complain" about this season are simply stating their
displeasure with the consistent pattern we've seen under six
years of Kubiak. We all hope this pattern changes, and the fact
that it hasn't, pisses people off.

Get over it. When Kubiak changes the course of this team, so will
the tone of a lot of posters to this board.

Peace.

nero THE zero
09-26-2011, 09:20 AM
This season is playing out, so far, like the other 5 have. To write the
Texans off, is to know what's going to happen in the future. Those
who seem to "complain" about this season are simply stating their
displeasure with the consistent pattern we've seen under six
years of Kubiak. We all hope this pattern changes, and the fact
that it hasn't, pisses people off.

Get over it. When Kubiak changes the course of this team, so will
the tone of a lot of posters to this board.

Peace.

Beyond the record, nothing is the same from last year. This team has been significantly better.

Comparing the losses illustrates that. Last year we got dominated, at home, by a poor team. This year we were competitive through 4 quarters at one of the best teams in the NFC. It's night and day.

If you fail to recognize that then you're simply being obtuse.

DBCooper
09-26-2011, 09:22 AM

Mike

My problem about yesterday is not the level of play but the level of heart.

If yesterday was a championship game, would you be satisfied with the Texans leave it all on the field effort, do whatever it takes to win grit?

And before anyone says, "well it wasn't a championship", the Saints played like it was.

playa465
09-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Beyond the record, nothing is the same from last year. This team has been significantly better.

Comparing the losses illustrates that. Last year we got dominated, at home, by a poor team. This year we were competitive through 4 quarters at one of the best teams in the NFC. It's night and day.

If you fail to recognize that then you're simply being obtuse.

I think he gets what you are saying just like I do....but HIS point is what everyone is failing to address...see before it was if we got dominated say 38-10, people will say its just one game that we need to wipe from our minds and keep moving forward...now b/c the game is closer BUT we still lose, people are saying the other team is just that good, it was a road game, yada yada ya. The problem is its still a loss and even worse we should have won. Not talking about winning every game or 16-0; you play every week and that 1 game at a time with your best effort is what you think about. I fully believe this team should finish no worse than 11-5, but you have got to win games like this one. I guarantee there will be a game that every1 will think we should win and we will lose, and this Saints game could have helped offset that. The world isn't ending and this team will succeed.

Perki-Perk
09-26-2011, 10:57 AM
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but one of the biggest things I took from the whole game was our continued problem with clock management.

Now, I'm no football guru, but come on. With less than five minutes left and driving for a potential game winning score, why on God's green Earth would you not ground and pound and "EAT THE CLOCK!!"?? I was so frustrated with our plays to the side line on that drive. Why did they keep going out of bounds?

Hopefully this is something they learn from, but we'll see. To me, seems Kubiak, in year 6, still hasn't figured out how to manage the clock.

That Tate drop was HUGE. Followed by Shaub INT on the last drive...uggh

The defense looked tired in the 4th. I think they were solid for 3 quarters.

The offense has got to score in the Red Zone...more than 3 points.

Other than that, I am happy about this game. I think if we win it we go on a skid. I think this was a good game for the team to get re focused and also a good learning experience for the D.

gary
09-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Here too hoping there is not yet another fatal collapse by the Texans this year. The good news is that this year 8-8 or 7-9 just might be good enough.

nero THE zero
09-26-2011, 11:30 AM
I think he gets what you are saying just like I do....but HIS point is what everyone is failing to address...see before it was if we got dominated say 38-10, people will say its just one game that we need to wipe from our minds and keep moving forward...now b/c the game is closer BUT we still lose, people are saying the other team is just that good, it was a road game, yada yada ya. The problem is its still a loss and even worse we should have won. Not talking about winning every game or 16-0; you play every week and that 1 game at a time with your best effort is what you think about. I fully believe this team should finish no worse than 11-5, but you have got to win games like this one. I guarantee there will be a game that every1 will think we should win and we will lose, and this Saints game could have helped offset that. The world isn't ending and this team will succeed.

If you have to lose some games in a season, what better game to lose than to one of the best teams in the NFC on the road?

You think we're going to lose 5? Pick 5 games you'd rather lose. Much less doing so competitively. Would you rather lose to the Browns? The Jags? The Panthers?

We lost to a really good team on the road. It happens. Ask the Saints.

Take solace in the fact that we were not only competitive, but dominated the Saints for parts of the game. If we start blowing games to the likes of the Jags, then you can start sounding the "same old Texans" alarm.

Playoffs
09-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Bills down by 21 beat "all anyone can talk about" Patriots...

Media darling Jets fall apart losing to the Raiders...

Giants roll Dream Team Eagles in Philly...

Lowly Chiefs within 1 minute of beating the "Super Bowl" Chargers...

Steelers need late FG to beat the toothless Colts.

The Texans reached the Saints' 4, 9, 9 and 18 yard lines and come away with only FGs. We have things to work on, but it's just one game in the NotForLong. Next.

HOU-TEX
09-26-2011, 11:37 AM
I know it's still early and I kinda figured we'd lose this game, but damn. The 4th quarter was no different than what we saw last year. Seemed like we were giving the ole 7-10 yard cushions again. Allowing Brees to get rid of it so quick the pass rush never had a chance.

TheCD
09-26-2011, 11:47 AM

No offense, but I'll agee with this statement when I can no longer predict the exact drive/play Matt is going to throw a back-breaking interception and worst-possible-time sacks in crunch time.

Maybe it's just the cynicism I've developed from trying to survive as a fan for so long, but I can honestly feel when we're going to blow a game at the end. I felt this way from their first TD after halftime.

Quite honestly, if the Saints had been able to hold on the to ball, and Brees hadn't made bad decisions with his picks, this game is a 50+ pointer for the Saints, and most likely a blowout in their favor when it should have been the other way around.

b0ng
09-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Even if things didn't go the way I thought they would in my predictions thread, I still feel as though we have a good team. Next up is a team that we are more than capable of beating, and also a team with which we face much heavier consequences with if we lose.

I do think that Mario had a bad game yesterday, but the defense sucking it in the 4th quarter was not solely on his shoulders.

playa465
09-26-2011, 11:53 AM
If you have to lose some games in a season, what better game to lose than to one of the best teams in the NFC on the road?

You think we're going to lose 5? Pick 5 games you'd rather lose. Much less doing so competitively. Would you rather lose to the Browns? The Jags? The Panthers?

Take solace in the fact that we were not only competitive, but dominated the Saints for parts of the game. If we start blowing games to the likes of the Jags, then you can start sounding the "same old Texans" alarm.

Agree to disagree...I don't care who we lose to as a loss is a loss. The thing that ate away at me was we HAD this game (even going into the 4th qtr) and let it get away. Can anyone imagine what the team mentality would have been if we closed the door and whipped the Saints? I know they are professionals but winning brings confidence especially against a team as good as the Saints.

disaacks3
09-26-2011, 12:02 PM

But I fully expect the Texans to continue to play 2 qtrs of football. That will be enough to beat the Mia, Indy,and KC's of the world. But it's not going to cut it against the good teams like Balt,Pitts,N.O. etc.... Last time I checked, this team had a lead in the 4th quarter, and scored in the second half. Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant though. :splits:

Take solace in the fact that we were not only competitive, but dominated the Saints for parts of the game. If we start blowing games to the likes of the Jags, then you can start sounding the "same old Texans" alarm. Amen. It hurt, be we weren't anywhere NEAR being "embarassed". Most die-hard Saints fans I knew felt they 'escaped'. anybody expecting the new defense to fully shut down Brees & Co. for 4 quarters was delusional.

Vinny
09-26-2011, 12:22 PM
you don't go from a mediocre team to a team that beats elite teams on demand...just because its time. Lots of good stuff to draw from this loss. This Saints team would have beat the stuffing out of previous versions of this team. Last night we were in a shootout. In shootouts someone gets shot. Boo friggin' hoo. This defense will improve over the season and we may even lose to Pittsburgh, but enjoy the season. This is the NFL, not College ball where the field tilts to certain teams all the time. If you guys think that just because this team is finally a decent team that it is just going to steamroll everyone without ups and downs, you guys are delusional. If this team curls up in a fetal position over the course of the year, I'm gonna be yammering all kinds of stupid stuff also, but not right now. It's just premature.

Texas T
09-26-2011, 12:36 PM

Last time I checked, this team had a lead in the 4th quarter, and scored in the second half. Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant though. :splits:

Amen. It hurt, be we weren't anywhere NEAR being "embarassed". Most die-hard Saints fans I knew felt they 'escaped'. anybody expecting the new defense to fully shut down Brees & Co. for 4 quarters was delusional.

This has been my thinking. A group of posters keep saying that they don't expect us to go 16-0 but we should not loose this game against a good team.

I'm with Nero-which games should we loose? Would you have been happier if we lost to the Phins and won this game?? I don't get it.

We played a good game, found some faults with the team that were not glaring in the last two games. Stuff to work on and get better-Steelers next week and then we'll be 3-1.

People need to really chill out-it was not that big of a deal. Would I have rather of won? Of course but I'm not upset by THIS loss.