PDA

View Full Version : Are we overreacting much today?

Marcus
09-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Some of the threads are just ....well..... "disgraceful".

I mean, did some of expect this team to 16-0 or something? Much less, in your predictions, did you actually predict a win today?

But, I'm not surprised.

Let me guess. It's not that we lost, but how we lost, right? :gun: Bullshit. We played a good team down to the wire, so deal with it.

On to next week. Who we playing?

Corrosion
09-25-2011, 08:11 PM
I think everyone expects the Texans to go 4-10 the rest of the way .... like the last time they were 2-0. :gun:

DBCooper
09-25-2011, 08:11 PM

I mean, did some of expect this team to 16-0 or something? Much less, in your predictions, did you actually predict a win today?

But, I'm not surprised.

Let me guess. It's not that we lost, but how we lost, right? :gun: Bullshit. We played a good team down to the wire, so deal with it.

Another good team.

Corrosion
09-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Another good team.

How they respond next week at home will tell us a lot about the character of this team.

TexCanada
09-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Steelers at home. We can win that game. The expectation that we should be a perfect team with a whole new defense and our best RB out is ridiculous. The team has performed well through 3 weeks. When that schedule was released, we all knew that the first 4 games were going to be really tough on us. I think we have been really solid so far, and are well on our way to winning the division.

False Start
09-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Didnt you know? We are gonna finish 2-14, the other number 8 was a better QB, Mario is overrated, and we will be lucky to score a total of 14 points for the rest of the season. http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee344/BrittSimpson/Emoticons/overreact.gif :rake:

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Didnt you know? We are gonna finish 2-14, the other number 8 was a better QB, Mario is overrated, and we will be lucky to score a total of 14 points for the rest of the season. http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee344/BrittSimpson/Emoticons/overreact.gif :rake:

i knew...........sad sad day !!!

gary
09-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Oakland won't be easy either.

GP
09-25-2011, 08:19 PM
If everyone would just get off their computers and walk away for a few hours after a loss, the message board world would be a better place.

I went and did some good old fashioned manual labor after the loss today, and it sure was better than sitting on the message board finding ways to PMS all over the place.

To me, this offense MUST have two dominant-looking RBs in the game. With Foster AND Ward out today, it was a lot to expect of Tate to handle the load by himself. Slaton was never a real threat when he was out there.

James Casey was utilized in ways that we had hoped for back when we discussed his role at FB back in training camp. Today was a showcase to all upcoming d-coordinators that they now have a Dallas Clark-type guy in James Casey to contend with...here's to hoping Kubiak and Dennison utilize Casey in even more exotic looks in the future.

It sucked to lose. I don't think it's a season-defining loss. I guarantee you that Joseph and Manning are coaching up our other secondary players. I mean, the things they're doing in Wade's defense (and they're new to his defense) are amazing to me. It's very promising, I think.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 08:20 PM

But, I'm not surprised.

I can understand where they are coming from. Before the game, if you would have told them we would lose, I think most everyone would have been fine with that.

But we had them. We were beating them in almost every facet of the game.

Then we gave it away.

We all know that you have to win the games you're supposed to, & you've got to steal one when you can. This is one we should have stole.

Plus it would have shut a lot of Saints fans (& DexmanC) up for a little while.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 08:21 PM
How they respond next week at home will tell us a lot about the character of this team.

This is where I am at. We'll know if we've got the same old Texans if they let the Steelers put their feet on the coffee table in our house.

texanhead08
09-25-2011, 08:24 PM
This is how it goes

Texans win : We have the greatest team ever we might win every game through the super bowl.

Texans lose: Fire the coach...bench the QB...the defense sucks...fire both coordinators and get rid of everyone.

Hookem Horns
09-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Personally I think most here are overreacting. The landscape of the NFL (how fans / media feel about teams) changes every week. Win next week and everyone is all sunshine and lollipops again. I think the Texans will win next week.

I think the Texans finally will go to the playoffs this season and more than likely will win the division. However I don't think this team has much more than that in them.

Someone mentioned that "killer instict" and I don't think they have that. That generally comes from the leaders of the teams (head coach, QB, etc). While we have talented individuals in those positions I think they are lacking extremely in the "killer instict" .. put away teams department. I have been complaining about that for the last 3 or 4 seasons.

Corrosion
09-25-2011, 08:27 PM
This is where I am at. We'll know if we've got the same old Texans if they let the Steelers put their feet on the coffee table in our house.

I just hope the Steelers dont lay an egg in Indy and come to Houston pissed off. :gun:

steelbtexan
09-25-2011, 08:28 PM
SOS

A Gary coaced team

Win next week and prove the naysayers wrong.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Well, hopefully we didn't hurt our power ranking too much.

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 08:30 PM
If the Steelers stomp on the Texans at home. I'll be very deflated...if we lose another close game it'll be meh to me.

I expected a 2-2 start for the first quarter of games, anything better than that is gravy. Although I thought we'd lose to the Fins and upset either the Saints or Steelers.

ObsiWan
09-25-2011, 08:33 PM

But, I'm not surprised.

We fans don't handle adversity very well.
Especially mere hours after it appeared we had a legit shot to steal a road win and let it get away.

And there are some who have had to bite their tongues for two weeks in a row because we won. They've been saving their venom since last year. This is their shot to cut loose.

steelbtexan
09-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Personally I think most here are overreacting. The landscape of the NFL (how fans / media feel about teams) changes every week. Win next week and everyone is all sunshine and lollipops again. I think the Texans will win next week.

I think the Texans finally will go to the playoffs this season and more than likely will win the division. However I don't think this team has much more than that in them.

Someone mentioned that "killer instict" and I don't think they have that. That generally comes from the leaders of the teams (head coach, QB, etc). While we have talented individuals in those positions I think they are lacking extremely in the "killer instict" .. put away teams department. I have been complaining about that for the last 3 or 4 seasons.

The Texans will probably still win their division. But that still doesn't mean they're a good/well coached team.

Thanks Gary grow some

ObsiWan
09-25-2011, 08:35 PM
This is how it goes

Texans win : We have the greatest team ever we might win every game through the super bowl.

Texans lose: Fire the coach...bench the QB...the defense sucks...fire both coordinators and get rid of everyone.
:handshake:
Spot on. We're fans. This is what we do.

Hervoyel
09-25-2011, 08:40 PM

But, I'm not surprised.

It could have been how we lost but it wasn't. I actually "like" how we lost for the most part (to the extent that you can possibly like a loss). We got beat by a great team in their house and we scored 33 points on them. We led by 9 in the fourth quarter and our three game old new 3-4 defense just couldn't hold off one of the best offenses in the NFL any longer.

I'm surprised at how this is being taken by many. This is what I thought I would see if we just laid down for the Saints and got whipped.

Marcus
09-25-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm surprised at how this is being taken by many. This is what I thought I would see if we just laid down for the Saints and got whipped.

Sadly Herv, there are some who just can't tell the difference.

jaayteetx
09-25-2011, 10:12 PM
I just hope the Steelers dont lay an egg in Indy and come to Houston pissed off. :gun:

Who cares what Pittsburgh does? They should win that game...period. Protect your home field against an old and slow team. I'm not mad bout today, we lose next Sunday, whole different story.

Hervoyel
09-25-2011, 10:40 PM
I care what they do tonight. I'm part Steeler fan and tonight is like a perfect night for me. Steelers win over Colts and it's a win-win situation. Next week I go Texans over Steelers (priorities).

Something's wrong with the Steelers this year. They just look broken somehow. Maybe they finally did get old and slow. Still , don't want them coming to Houston pissed off.