PDA

View Full Version : Houston has a winner....ENJOY IT.

Atl Cav
09-25-2011, 08:03 PM
I am a fan of good football, and I became a Houston fan when we drafted Matt Schaub. Although the defense has been a disaster, I enjoyed watching the team move the ball and put themselves in position to win.

I know many of you have been around since day 1 and you are expecting failure. Can't say that isn't a natural reaction.

But this team played dam well today. Yes, we didn't put it in the endzone as well as we would like, and the defense looked like last year's edition in the second half,but if we play like this for the rest of the season we will be the 4th or 5th rated team in the NFL power ratings. THAT IS FACT.

Forget the past!!! Ridicule this team when they earn your ridicule. If the press and fans support strong efforts like today, they will be rewarded. This team will win 10-11 games + each year for the next few years.

DBCooper
09-25-2011, 08:05 PM
F$ck power rankings.

I want to beat the snot out of good teams.

False Start
09-25-2011, 08:06 PM
As in when the Texans drafted Schaub? :thinking:

Hookem Horns
09-25-2011, 08:07 PM
I am a fan of good football, and I became a Houston fan when we drafted Matt Schaub.

So why would you become a Texans fan when the Falcons drafted Schaub?

Atl Cav
09-25-2011, 08:07 PM
F$ck power rankings.

I want to beat the snot out of good teams.

Ranking that high implies that we beat a lot of good teams. Thanks for your enlightenment.

Atl Cav
09-25-2011, 08:08 PM
So why would you become a Texans fan when the Falcons drafted Schaub?

Sorry..I meant when Houston acquired Schaub. Good catch.

DBCooper
09-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Ranking that high implies that we beat a lot of good teams. Thanks for your enlightenment.

My attitude is directly derived from my unwillingness to accept moral victories.

Porky
09-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Anyone who thinks this was a moral victory is a loser. Period. :kitten:

Atl Cav
09-25-2011, 08:12 PM
My attitude is directly derived from my unwillingness to accept moral victories.

I gotcha DB....But I am telling ya....This is a team that will bring in the bacon...Moral victories do matter when they reveal real change of direction. This team is the real deal.

DBCooper
09-25-2011, 08:15 PM
I gotcha DB....But I am telling ya....This is a team that will bring in the bacon...Moral victories do matter when they reveal real change of direction. This team is the real deal.

Oh, I think they are good, could be really good.

I want killer instinct.

Drew Brees showed he had it, we did not.

Hookem Horns
09-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Oh, I think they are good, could be really good.

I want killer instinct.

Drew Brees showed he had it, we did not.

This. Schaub can put up numbers and is a good NFL QB but he didn't have that same look in his eyes as Brees had in the 4th QTR. Brees looked possessed. Schaub looked worried.

False Start
09-25-2011, 08:22 PM
This. Schaub can put up numbers and is a good NFL QB but he didn't have that same look in his eyes as Brees had in the 4th QTR. Brees looked possessed. Schaub looked worried.

Yep. I am a Schaub supporter, but he just looks so defeated after a bad play...and a bit stoned, but the again he always looks that way.

dinkatoid
09-25-2011, 08:23 PM
I am a fan of good football, and I became a Houston fan when we drafted Matt Schaub. Although the defense has been a disaster, I enjoyed watching the team move the ball and put themselves in position to win.

I know many of you have been around since day 1 and you are expecting failure. Can't say that isn't a natural reaction.

But this team played dam well today. Yes, we didn't put it in the endzone as well as we would like, and the defense looked like last year's edition in the second half,but if we play like this for the rest of the season we will be the 4th or 5th rated team in the NFL power ratings. THAT IS FACT.

Forget the past!!! Ridicule this team when they earn your ridicule. If the press and fans support strong efforts like today, they will be rewarded. This team will win 10-11 games + each year for the next few years.

Our D did well. Look at how bad the Saints shredded the packers D - it is what happens when you have an offense like they have with Brees at the helm. There are maybe 4-5 qbs in the NFL that can do that, and we went toe to toe with 1 of them.

I am not out here yelling that this was a moral victory, as it wasn't. At the same time, this game was nothing to hang your head about. Had Foster been in there, maybe it would have been a different story. Bottom line, we are still 2-1. The real question as people have said is how we respond.

This is the worst part of our schedule, and we are going to take a few hits. As long as we keep picking ourselves up and responding well, putting a few more wins on the stat sheet, we will be fine.

On a completely unrelated note, I wonder how the Falcon's feel now that they have twice traded away a qb that has become a solid starter for another team. Verdict is probably still out on Schaub (since they had Vick for a few and now Ryan, though they had to miss him between), but they have to regret trading Favre...

DBCooper
09-25-2011, 08:23 PM
You know what I think really bothers me about this game?

We hung with a good team and we were beating them, but when it came down to it, they took the game to us, we didn't take it to them.

They responded, we didn't.

Champions turn it up.

SAMURAITEXAN
09-25-2011, 08:27 PM
I am sick of us losing the way we did against Saints. Because, we'd seen this kind of losing way so often with your emotion going up and down like a roller coaster. However, the most of us did not expected to win all of the games this season. We win some and lose some. As long as we come out winning enough games to get to the playoffs, I can accept with L (My stomach still hurts from losing today).

Go Texans!!!

Atl Cav
09-25-2011, 08:27 PM

Please recall that Schaub DID bring us back with 2 minutes left. ...Like he has countless times before. I didnt pay close attention to his facial expression. Brees was facing a defense that has not quite matured yet. He had ALL DAY to throw and made it work for him. I think we learned a lot today that will help us next time we face a great QB. If we face Brees again, i think we will make it a lot harder for him.

Atl Cav
09-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Our D did well. Look at how bad the Saints shredded the packers D - it is what happens when you have an offense like they have with Brees at the helm. There are maybe 4-5 qbs in the NFL that can do that, and we went toe to toe with 1 of them.

I am not out here yelling that this was a moral victory, as it wasn't. At the same time, this game was nothing to hang your head about. Had Foster been in there, maybe it would have been a different story. Bottom line, we are still 2-1. The real question as people have said is how we respond.

This is the worst part of our schedule, and we are going to take a few hits. As long as we keep picking ourselves up and responding well, putting a few more wins on the stat sheet, we will be fine.

On a completely unrelated note, I wonder how the Falcon's feel now that they have twice traded away a qb that has become a solid starter for another team. Verdict is probably still out on Schaub (since they had Vick for a few and now Ryan, though they had to miss him between), but they have to regret trading Favre...

I get a kick out of the kudos Ryan gets here, when he has typically had to put up 17-24 points a game to look great. If we (texans) ever get to that point its the super bowl for Houston.