PDA

View Full Version : Disgraceful

Grid
09-25-2011, 03:58 PM
If we had lost just because of our poor redzone performance, I could live with that.

If we had lost because we had played our asses off for four quarters and a good team just managed to beat us, I could live with that.

If we had lost because of poor coaching, or poor decisions, I could live with that.

But we lost because we gave up, and that the Grid cannot abide.

We gave up..pure and simple. Our defense lacked passion, our offense lacked passion. You could see it written on their faces... there was no adrenaline, there was no anger... there was nothing but a calm and almost lethargic acceptance of inevitable defeat.

The final possession by our offense was an embarrassment. Two and a half minutes to play and our offense was out there discussing plays like it was the first practice of preseason. No one rushed to the huddle, no one clapped their hands, or slapped their helmets.. they just limped out there and took their medicine.

They were defeated before they were actually defeated, and that is the worst possible way they could have approached a tough game.

You could see it written on their faces too. They were embarrassed for themselves at the end of the game. They knew that they had not given 100%.. they knew that they had let the game slip away..they knew that they had lain down and taken defeat. I was embarrassed for them, and for myself as a fan.

This team will not go anywhere this year. And its not because of a lack of talent, or a lack of coaching, or a tough schedule, or injuries. It will be because they did not WANT to go anywhere this year.

Gerald ford. Whether you think you can, or you think you cant, you are right. Well we think we cant, and we are most definitely right.

Disgraceful.

Brandon420tx
09-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Yes, the members of this message board are disgraceful

Not taking a shot at you grid, but the theme of the board today is getting to me

Grid
09-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Yes, the members of this message board are disgraceful

You got a little koolaid on your lip there buddy.

Brandon420tx
09-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Eh, I added an line right after submitting, then went to read what you actually wrote (I based my post entirely off of your title)

I knew we were in trouble when I saw JJ Watt panting for breath in the 4th. Our D was tired, and I blame the offense for not running the ball (or at least not effectively, looking at you slaton) in the 4th

TheMatrix31
09-25-2011, 04:10 PM
DISGRACEFUL?

Since when is losing to a perennial Super Bowl contender and recent Super Bowl CHAMPION "DISGRACEFUL"?

This THREAD is disgraceful.

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Huh? I saw a lot of fight in our team today, I really don't know what you are talking about.

Do people realize we just lost to the Saints of 2011 and not of the 90s?

TexansForTheW
09-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Omg were 2-1 and lost to the Saints on the road. Still first in the division.

Grid
09-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Ok I dont understand all this Saints love. You people are spinning this by saying "its the Saints" "Its the Saints" "The saints are awesome, we were lucky they even let us play them" "slurp slurp slurp"

YES...they are the Saints. They are a playoff caliber team. Am I the only one who thinks that we are supposed to be a playoff caliber team as well?

Did the saints look tired out there? Did they look lethargic? Were they looking depressed and tired in the huddle? No they freaking werent.. because they are a playoff team.

We were. We gave them two solid quarters, we screwed up in the red zone but we played well. But instead of fighting for the win, we gave up. We stopped trying when the Saints got fired up. That is not what playoff teams do.

Im not upset at our performance on the stat sheet, im upset at our performance on the field. When shit got tough, the Saints buckled down and fought for the win. We on the other hand, decided that it was too hard to win..so we rolled over and let them have it.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 04:17 PM
the sky is falling....................... :jogger:

We all better run cause i see this forum filling up with a bunch of B.S threads from our "Texan Faithful" Fans

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Ok I dont understand all this Saints love. You people are spinning this by saying "its the Saints" "Its the Saints" "The saints are awesome, we were lucky they even let us play them" "slurp slurp slurp"

YES...they are the Saints. They are a playoff caliber team. Am I the only one who thinks that we are supposed to be a playoff caliber team as well?

Did the saints look tired out there? Did they look lethargic? Were they looking depressed and tired in the huddle? No they freaking werent.. because they are a playoff team.

We were. We gave them two solid quarters, we screwed up in the red zone but we played well. But instead of fighting for the win, we gave up. We stopped trying when the Saints got fired up. That is not what playoff teams do.

Im not upset at our performance on the stat sheet, im upset at our performance on the field. When shit got tough, the Saints buckled down and fought for the win. We on the other hand, decided that it was too hard to win..so we rolled over and let them have it.

Actually I saw Brees looking frustrated several times. You are going by the looks on their faces to tell if they've "Given up" and ignoring that pretty much every time the Saints scored the Texans came back to score?

TheMatrix31
09-25-2011, 04:19 PM

If they're a playoff caliber team and we're a playoff caliber team, then shit happens. SHIT HAPPENS. It's ONE GAME. Stop looking at things so damn broadly. There is such a thing as specific circumstances WITHIN a game.

Grid
09-25-2011, 04:19 PM
the sky is falling....................... :jogger:

We all better run cause i see this forum filling up with a bunch of B.S threads from our "Texan Faithful" Fans

I got all my koolaid drinking days out of the way last decade.

I expect more from them this decade.

Believe me im not blind to the positives. Hell.. we HAVE a super bowl capable team. The talent is there. The problem is our attitude.. when the going gets tough, we fall asleep.

TexCanada
09-25-2011, 04:21 PM

Believe me im not blind to the positives. Hell.. we HAVE a super bowl capable team. The talent is there. The problem is our attitude.. when the going gets tough, we fall asleep.

I disagree. We battled, just lacked a little bit of execution.

Grid
09-25-2011, 04:21 PM
Actually I saw Brees looking frustrated several times. You are going by the looks on their faces to tell if they've "Given up" and ignoring that pretty much every time the Saints scored the Texans came back to score?

Brees got frustrated when he threw a pick. He got frustrated when fate ***** slapped the saints and gave us the Kevin Walter TD.

The difference is that he strapped his helmet back on, went out on the field, and took the win by force.

I couldnt find a thimbleful of determination in any Texan player's demeanor after the saints took the lead in the 4th.

TheMatrix31
09-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Man, that's it. I'm done with this for now.

This board is impossible to deal with most of the time. Unreal.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 04:23 PM

everytime they scored we responded by scoring. I just dont see how you can say its their attitude. I think maybe it is on how we change they way we play in the 2nd half. No more bootlegs, abandon the running game, and quit blitzing and bring no pressure. Why it was working so well.

Grid
09-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Man, that's it. I'm done with this for now.

This board is impossible to deal with most of the time. Unreal.

Its frustrating because its true. And you dont want it to be.

We caved at the end, pure and simple. You can point out all the things we did wrong that put us in that situation in the 4th quarter... but thats not the big issue. We were in a close game, and instead of stepping up and performing like a team that wants to win, we stepped down and accepted that we werent ready for the big time.

MEGA SWATT
09-25-2011, 04:26 PM
I don't see it quite that bleak. I don't think they gave up at all.

Grid
09-25-2011, 04:27 PM
everytime they scored we responded by scoring. I just dont see how you can say its their attitude. I think maybe it is on how we change they way we play in the 2nd half. No more bootlegs, abandon the running game, and quit blitzing and bring no pressure. Why it was working so well.

Actually...no.. our offense stalled right after our defense started looking like swiss cheese.

When the Saints started moving the ball at will, our defense gave up. And when our offense got the ball.. they went 3 and out.

Happened a couple times before we managed to move down the field again. If not for that kevin walter freak TD..the loss would have been a lot worse.

Edit: And James Casey. He would have been our MVP if we hadnt rolled over.

ATXtexanfan
09-25-2011, 04:29 PM
DISGRACEFUL?

Since when is losing to a perennial Super Bowl contender and recent Super Bowl CHAMPION "DISGRACEFUL"?

when have we beat one their house?

Hervoyel
09-25-2011, 04:29 PM
If we had lost just because of our poor redzone performance, I could live with that.

If we had lost because we had played our asses off for four quarters and a good team just managed to beat us, I could live with that.

If we had lost because of poor coaching, or poor decisions, I could live with that.

We gave up..pure and simple. Our defense lacked passion, our offense lacked passion. You could see it written on their faces... there was no adrenaline, there was no anger... there was nothing but a calm and almost lethargic acceptance of inevitable defeat.

The final possession by our offense was an embarrassment. Two and a half minutes to play and our offense was out there discussing plays like it was the first practice of preseason. No one rushed to the huddle, no one clapped their hands, or slapped their helmets.. they just limped out there and took their medicine.

They were defeated before they were actually defeated, and that is the worst possible way they could have approached a tough game.

You could see it written on their faces too. They were embarrassed for themselves at the end of the game. They knew that they had not given 100%.. they knew that they had let the game slip away..they knew that they had lain down and taken defeat. I was embarrassed for them, and for myself as a fan.

This team will not go anywhere this year. And its not because of a lack of talent, or a lack of coaching, or a tough schedule, or injuries. It will be because they did not WANT to go anywhere this year.

Gerald ford. Whether you think you can, or you think you cant, you are right. Well we think we cant, and we are most definitely right.

Disgraceful.

Too soon Grid. The Texans played hard today. Good teams tend to win at home. New Orleans is 11-5 at home over the last two years. This wasn't a disgraceful performance. I've seen enough of those to know what I'm looking at. We played a tough game and were a few plays away from taking one from them in their house. Maybe if this wasn't the third "real" week of trotting the 3-4 defense out we might have been able to win with the 33 points we scored.

Patriotsmuse
09-25-2011, 04:31 PM
DISGRACEFUL?

Agree.
Texans were on equal footing with the Saints 3 out of 4 quarters.
You could say that about any team on any day of any game.
Saints are a very good team and today they played a very good team and in the end Saints won. Sitting in my box I can assure you many were not so sure we were going to win today.
Texans learned today they can stand toe to toe with a good team.
Now go stand toe to toe all the way to the play offs!

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Actually...no.. our offense stalled right after our defense started looking like swiss cheese.

When the Saints started moving the ball at will, our defense gave up. And when our offense got the ball.. they went 3 and out.

Happened a couple times before we managed to move down the field again. If not for that kevin walter freak TD..the loss would have been a lot worse.

That's because Kubiak decided to drop back 3 times. I swear it feels like every time we go 3 and out it's because we passed the ball three times.

If it wasn't for the refs ignoring a clear pass interference on AJ it's likely the Texans win the game.

TexanSam
09-25-2011, 04:32 PM
I disagree. I don't think the team quit at all. Not quitting doesn't mean they didn't get outplayed though. The Saints were just better. Our D was still getting pressure on Brees in the 4th but he was able to avoid it and get it to the right guys. Wasn't for lack of effort.

Grid
09-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Too soon Grid. The Texans played hard today. Good teams tend to win at home. New Orleans is 11-5 at home over the last two years. This wasn't a disgraceful performance. I've seen enough of those to know what I'm looking at. We played a tough game and were a few plays away from taking one from them in their house. Maybe if this wasn't the third "real" week of trotting the 3-4 defense out we might have been able to win with the 33 points we scored.

Meh. Ive spent my 20s waiting for this team to "discover itself" and "figure out how to win".

I had hoped that this would be the year but what I saw at the end of this game showed me that its not.

You are right.. its only week 3. But we came into this game 2 and 0 and relatively healthy. If we cant FIGHT for a win for 4 quarters at this point in the season, then I dont see how we are going to do it later on.

Im getting too old to believe in fairy tales. These days im feeling a lot more "a spade is a spade", than I used to. I saw a team that rolled over.. and I dont expect that to change by next week.

We still might have a good year. We might win the division. But we are not an elite team. Elite team's dont give up. The Saints showed us that. Maybe we will learn from it.

Patriotsmuse
09-25-2011, 04:37 PM
I don't see it quite that bleak. I don't think they gave up at all.

As a Saints fan first who lives in New Orleans and a Texans fan second, I was sitting in the dome this afternoon.

I assure you the Texans team did NOT give up!
They were toe to toe most of the way and Texans looked great!

Atl Cav
09-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Meh. Ive spent my 20s waiting for this team to "discover itself" and "figure out how to win".

I had hoped that this would be the year but what I saw at the end of this game showed me that its not.

You are right.. its only week 3. But we came into this game 2 and 0 and relatively healthy. If we cant FIGHT for a win for 4 quarters at this point in the season, then I dont see how we are going to do it later on.

Im getting too old to believe in fairy tales. These days im feeling a lot more "a spade is a spade", than I used to. I saw a team that rolled over.. and I dont expect that to change by next week.

We still might have a good year. We might win the division. But we are not an elite team. Elite team's dont give up. The Saints showed us that. Maybe we will learn from it.

Grid. Can you please stop posting the same invalid non-sense. We get it. You think the team gave up. Stupid point, disproven by the facts, but
you have made it. Go beat your dog. The Texans have 10-11 more games to win this year.

DBCooper
09-25-2011, 04:40 PM
I hear ya Grid.

The Saints dug deep and and turned up the heat and we wilted under the pressure.

We need the same determination Drew Brees played with when he needed it.

The Saints played like a team that knew they could win, we played scared.

Grid
09-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Grid. Can you please stop posting the same invalid non-sense. We get it. You think the team gave up. Stupid point, disproven by the facts, but
you have made it. Go beat your dog. The Texans have 10-11 more games to win this year.

No one has disproven anything. You cant really disprove it because it is my opinion. Its not like they held up a sign at the end of the game that said "yeah we gave up" or "No we didnt give up".

So.. yeah.. quit being a dick.

Also I made this thread specifically so that I could sit in here and spout my drivel until I felt like I had got it off my chest :D. Your best option, if you are tired of seeing it, is to GTFO of my thread.

stingray
09-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Pathetic Thread. Already calling the team out after a tough loss against a top three offense in their home dome. Team will not go 16-0. A tough loss yes it is. But the defense hung in there against the best or second best offense in the NFL. THREAD FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!

Tailgate.Kidz
09-25-2011, 04:49 PM
this is how i see it...

GRID = Fail!

GRID making this thread = fail

keep your bandwaggan like antics outta this site..

Texans. All Day!!!!

FirstTexansFan
09-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Well Grid, I hate to see ya reach this point in fandom... welcome to my world :) I try to be upbeat, and see the good things, but I can't argue with your opinion... elite teams rise to the occasion, this team just doesn't seem to be able to get over that hump.

But, pulling out my optimistic card, I didn't expect them to win today, and I believe they will prove you wrong next week against the squeelers. With a house-full of Squeeler fans, my life will be unbearable if we lose that one :(

BeerTastesLikeVictory
09-25-2011, 05:19 PM
With a house-full of Squeeler fans, my life will be unbearable if we lose that one :(

I'm in the same boat. If the game gets ugly next week we will have to start a support group.

Grid
09-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Well Grid, I hate to see ya reach this point in fandom... welcome to my world :) I try to be upbeat, and see the good things, but I can't argue with your opinion... elite teams rise to the occasion, this team just doesn't seem to be able to get over that hump.

But, pulling out my optimistic card, I didn't expect them to win today, and I believe they will prove you wrong next week against the squeelers. With a house-full of Squeeler fans, my life will be unbearable if we lose that one :(

Im sure we will put up a good fight bro. Whether or not we win it depends on how bad Pittsburgh wants it.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 05:26 PM

Sorry, I can't get with that. I don't think our boys gave up.

We played an elite (& if you had a question about what an elite offense is, that was one) offense recognized a weakness & exploited it.

The Saints were without their star MLB & a starting corner. Did anyone hear the name Patrick Robinson? Kevin Walter & or Jacoby Jones should have had a career game today.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 05:35 PM

These same Saints gave up over 400 yards & 42 points to the GB Packers in week 1, the one game of all games where they have as much time as they need to come up with a game plan.... but you go over to the SaintsReport & they still believe in their defense & their team.

They've got a little thing on their side, history, that we don't have. But if you believe your eyes, & not history, we've still got a lot of things to look forward to.

If we play the next 13 games the way we played this one, we'll win 10 of them. That would be 12 wins & a fine starting point for a play-off run.

Atl Cav
09-25-2011, 05:47 PM
No one has disproven anything. You cant really disprove it because it is my opinion. Its not like they held up a sign at the end of the game that said "yeah we gave up" or "No we didnt give up".

So.. yeah.. quit being a dick.

Also I made this thread specifically so that I could sit in here and spout my drivel until I felt like I had got it off my chest :D. Your best option, if you are tired of seeing it, is to GTFO of my thread.

Oh, I will...You bore me with your predictable drivel. Just dont come back on here when the team continues to play well.

Hervoyel
09-25-2011, 05:50 PM
These same Saints gave up over 400 yards & 42 points to the GB Packers in week 1, the one game of all games where they have as much time as they need to come up with a game plan.... but you go over to the SaintsReport & they still believe in their defense & their team.

They've got a little thing on their side, history, that we don't have. But if you believe your eyes, & not history, we've still got a lot of things to look forward to.

If we play the next 13 games the way we played this one, we'll win 10 of them. That would be 12 wins & a fine starting point for a play-off run.

I agree. We haven't seen the best of the Texans this year, not by a long shot and you know I'm not the most optimistic of Texans fans at this point. I just can't believe how hard the push-back is against this performance. This is what I would have imagined the board looked like if we'd come out today and laid down for the Saints. If that had been the case I'd be right there with these guys talking about how nothing had changed. Things have clearly changed and are continuing to change.

I wanted to see the Texans win today like everybody but there's a reason the Saints were favored. They don't suck and I didn't think anyone should just expect a win. I wouldn't settle for less than a real effort and we got that today. Pittsburgh, Oakland, and Baltimore are up next. All three can beat us if we don't bring our best effort.

What I want to see next is how they play against the Steelers. What did this loss at New Orleans do to us? Did it make us tougher? It should have. It should have made us desperate for a win at home. Did it break our teams faith in what they're doing? I hope not. If it did then we're in the same trouble we've always been in.

I think we win against Pittsburgh and if we pull that off then we win a very tough game against the Raiders in Reliant.

I think we go to Baltimore at 4-1 and do this again.

DBCooper
09-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Guys,

What Grid is saying is a legitimate concern.

We are a good enough team to win this division. And barring too many losses to teams we should beat, we will win it.

That puts us in the playoffs. Then what? Is that good enough?

If this team doesn't find the heart and leadership showed by the Saints today, how far in the playoffs do you really think we will go?

Pantherstang84
09-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Guys,

What Grid is saying is a legitimate concern.

We are a good enough team to win this division. And barring too many losses to teams we should beat, we will win it.

That puts us in the playoffs. Then what? Is that good enough?

If this team doesn't find the heart and leadership showed by the Saints today, how far in the playoffs do you really think we will go?

You didn't get the memo. The yard stick is only getting into the playoffs. People don't care if they win once they get there.

FirstTexansFan
09-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Oh, I will...You bore me with your predictable drivel. Just dont come back on here when the team continues to play well.

Yeah, we sure don't want a guy around here that has 4200 posts to your 43... lets dump that guy! His negativity has even hurt Mario's feelings, and Grid was one of those doofus's that actually liked that pick :mariopalm:

Atl Cav
09-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Yeah, we sure don't want a guy around here that has 4200 posts to your 43... lets dump that guy! His negativity has even hurt Mario's feelings, and Grid was one of those doofus's that actually liked that pick :mariopalm:

Does 4200 posts make him right?

This team needs to stay positive! They fought back 5-6 times today! if they stay positive and learn the defense (3 games!!!) they will win a lot of games.

To say they quit is a PROVEN MISTATEMENT.

Maybe Houston has been losers too long to back a real football team.

By the way, 4200 popsts? Get a life.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 08:32 PM

That doesn't happen over night (or 6 years in our case).

Like Herv said, that kind of toughness & heart will be learned over the next 13 games. We're not the Saints just yet, but we will be.

DBCooper
09-25-2011, 08:46 PM
That doesn't happen over night (or 6 years in our case).

Like Herv said, that kind of toughness & heart will be learned over the next 13 games. We're not the Saints just yet, but we will be.

I hope so man, I really do.

Marcus
09-25-2011, 10:36 PM

You spent your 20s? . . . . :spit:

So, quit acting like you went back to your teens, Grid.

You spent your 20s . . . . LOL, you gotta be F kidding me.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 10:45 PM

i've spent my 16s-26s waiting on this damn team, what a total waste of my life :brando:

HJam72
09-26-2011, 08:22 AM
The Saints are a great time. We're lucky they even let us play them. :stirpot:

ole dirt mcgirt
09-27-2011, 03:09 AM

From a Saints fan view I thought the Texans were pretty damn good. I don't think they gave up I think that things just went our way. I still think that texans are gonna win 10-12 games this year. Good luck through the rest of the season you have a damn good team. Keep your heads up texan fans it's only one game.

grinch1134
09-27-2011, 06:04 AM
By the way it isn't just the team that needs to show passion. I was at the game and that crowd is in the game the entire time, even when they were down. The got up and got crunk (YouTube it) and the stadium shook. They didn't wait for battle red day or MNF, they bring it every game. In talking to the crowd things there changed after Katrina, but the crowd has alway been into it. What do we have football time in Houston by clay walker? It was hard to breathe there when the crowd was behind their defense.

Grams
09-27-2011, 06:14 AM

Think the Saint's fans waited about 40 years.

I grew up in New England - we waited 86 years for the Red Sox to figure out the Yankees. The Patriots took a long time to "figure it out".

10 years is a drop in the bucket.

We lost to a very good team and held our own for most of the game.

thunderkyss
09-27-2011, 07:35 AM
By the way it isn't just the team that needs to show passion. I was at the game and that crowd is in the game the entire time, even when they were down. The got up and got crunk (YouTube it) and the stadium shook. They didn't wait for battle red day or MNF, they bring it every game. In talking to the crowd things there changed after Katrina, but the crowd has alway been into it. What do we have football time in Houston by clay walker? It was hard to breathe there when the crowd was behind their defense.

The Bullpen Rocks.. the rest of Reliant.. not so much.

The people here know to pour on the noise from start to finish, to get involved, to be part of the game.

Others don't. Then they complain about the team giving up after 3 qtrs or whatever, when they can't bring the noise for 60 minutes.

:vincepalm:

But there have been games where the crowd has impressed me. I usually make a thread here. That Miami game (I know it was just Miami).... but when they got that BS Call (Manning & the defenseless receiver) we turned it up.... got a false start, a big play from our defense & I think they missed the field goal because we (the fans) intimidated the fux out of him.

b0ng
09-27-2011, 08:26 AM
Wasn't that upset by our performance.

Double Barrel
09-27-2011, 10:51 AM
How many teams on our schedule will we lose to if we score 33 points in a game? The Saints are one of the only ones that really pop out.

Are some of our fans not aware of other NFL teams? The Saints are one of the elite teams in today's NFL. Elite defined (by me) as a team that will go to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years.

Brees figured out our D after three quarters. Our defense played hard, but they are still new to this system. They have not gelled as a unit so they don't have that instinct, yet, where they just know where each other will be. The fact that they played as hard as they did - picked off Brees TWICE (which GB didn't even once!), should be a testament that this is not last year's defense (that's a positive, btw).

Give credit where credit is due. Brees is one of the best QBs in the league and the Saints are a team that we want the Texans to be in the coming year(s). There is no shame or disgrace in losing to one of the NFL's elite teams (on that is just a year removed from being a Super Bowl champion).

Our fanbase has too high and unrealistic hopes right now. They seem to be unable to reconcile that we are not going 19-0. We will lose some games. Just look at the fact that this wasn't a 59-0 game - which it would have been last season - and understand that they will learn from this and get better as a team.

The last thing our team needs right now is a bunch of front-running fans who are unable to keep an intelligent perspective about a 16 game schedule. This game was not the end of the world or even end of a season.

Take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy the rest of the season. I still believe. :texflag:

thunderkyss
09-27-2011, 12:11 PM
How many teams on our schedule will we lose to if we score 33 points in a game? The Saints are one of the only ones that really pop out.

Are some of our fans not aware of other NFL teams? The Saints are one of the elite teams in today's NFL. Elite defined (by me) as a team that will go to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years.

Koolaide & Sunshine, you know I'm bringing it.

But we've all been here before. I remember last year, when Manning put up 400 yards on our secondary week one. I was all, "STFU, we won the game." (actually, I was, "Matt Schaub didn't look sharp" but that's another story)

But the general prognosis was...... "ah.. that was Peyton Manning, who else is going to do that to us?" Well, Peyton had trouble against just about everyone else last year.

Then it was, "That was McNabb... dude's a beast." & he got benched for Grossman to run a 2 minute drill.

Then we made a dysfunctional Dallas team look like Super Bowl champs... though they turned out to be chumps.

We were holding our breath, hoping to hold on to a win over the Raiders.

etc... etc... etc..

Then we lost Demeco, then we lost Mario, & it was pretty much over.

We've still got a long way to go & right now, I'm not that thrilled with our "depth" Jamison is playing at least as well as Bulman, but we need better. Brooks Reed had a chance to flash in the last two games & most people don't know he ever got in the game.

Demeco is getting healthier, that's good.

We've got nothing after Dre.... nothing.

Ben Tate, I can live with a Ben Tate, Derrick Ward in a pinch situation but other than that, I don't see us weathering too many injury situations this year.

Hope I'm wrong.

This will be the last time I'll post anything like this until mid January. I'm your Koolaide man, but I'm not stupid. & this isn't against you DoubleB or anyone, I just felt like typing a GP thesis letting everyone know that I do know what the reality of the situation is. I always have, I just don't care to be negative...

too much.

:fans:

Double Barrel
09-27-2011, 04:41 PM
This will be the last time I'll post anything like this until mid January. I'm your Koolaide man, but I'm not stupid. & this isn't against you DoubleB or anyone, I just felt like typing a GP thesis letting everyone know that I do know what the reality of the situation is. I always have, I just don't care to be negative...

too much.

:fans:

yep. Like I've said before, rooting for your team and being optimistic about the potential of a season does not mean that you have to wear blinders and ignore what your analysis is telling you. I just can't jump off the cliff after three games, and I'm not going to forecast long-term trends based off the performance of one game versus an elite team.