PDA

View Full Version : Fire Kubiak, bench Schaub, put down toro

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Haha i wanted to be the first after this game. Hell no dont fire Kubiak, Bench Schaub our say the season is lost. We went toe to toe with the Saints in their house, yes we lost but the season is not lost.

Please quit crying it is rather pathetic Did anyone really expect us to go 16-0 ? We all said it will be tough in these next few games so we are 2-1. We'll be 3-1 after next week. On to the steelers

Malloy
09-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Agreed!

I'm pissy at hell, but we had the win within our grasp. I'll take that everyday over a beating!

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Agreed!

I'm pissy at hell, but we had the win within our grasp. I'll take that everyday over a beating!

yeah my boss wont like the fact they lost, cause now i will be kinda pissy all week. He says i need to not be so deeply invested in a team that changes my mood based on scores. :whip: well its hard not to be.

Honoring Earl 34
09-25-2011, 03:40 PM
#1 I wish Schaub could move better .

#2 What is Slaton doing in when they are inside the 20 . Doesn't that telegram we ain't going to run .

Ryan
09-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Moral victories are for losers. We had them in our grasp and couldn't put pressure on Brees and periodically choked that game away starting with the Hartmann punt shank.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 03:41 PM

#2 What is Slaton doing in when they are inside the 20 . Doesn't that telegram we ain't going to run .

Schaub does good on roll outs, i just dont know why Kubiak and Dennison go away from that when it works so well.

Malloy
09-25-2011, 03:42 PM

Or, we're going to run it for zero yards... :)

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Moral victories are for losers. We had them in our grasp and couldn't put pressure on Brees and periodically choked that game away starting with the Hartmann punt shank.

i agree i am not saying accept the moral victory BUT it is not the end of the season. We have a lot of ball left to play and we wont see many more teams as talented as the saints. We play them 4 times we take them 2 of them.

MEGA SWATT
09-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Agree, however as I've said in another post.....no one seriously wants or expects to go 16-0, so I don't know how saying that is any consolation. To me, it's about beating the really good teams....winning the games that matter. We're not there yet and that makes me angry.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Agree, however as I've said in another post.....no one seriously wants or expects to go 16-0, so I don't know how saying that is any consolation. To me, it's about beating the really good teams....winning the games that matter. We're not there yet and that makes me angry.

i wouldnt say we're not there, we had them. But you cant settle for field goals on the 3 against a good team like that, and u cant go for it on 4th and 21 with 2 time outs and 1:50 left. That was just dumb.

DBCooper
09-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Think we could trade Schaub and Jackson for Brees?

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 03:47 PM

hmmmmm i dont think i'd want to TBH. Plus why would someone want to take Jackson :kitten: thats like me trading in my Lexis for a Grimlin

False Start
09-25-2011, 03:47 PM
The second half "defense" is what really pissed me off. It looked like last season all over again. :pissed:

AsylumGuido
09-25-2011, 03:48 PM

Nope

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 03:49 PM
The second half "defense" is what really pissed me off. It looked like last season all over again. :pissed:

agree, we totally stop doing what works when we have the slightest lead. i have to say that kubiak needs to smoke some dope before games and let Wade lose. We cant go conservative with a 10 point lead against a good team like the saints.

Texan4Ever
09-25-2011, 03:50 PM
I think we played well, just not good enough to win. The Saint's TDs towards the end were lucky catches IMO but overall this team is MUCH improved from years past.

On to the Steelers...

MEGA SWATT
09-25-2011, 03:53 PM
i wouldnt say we're not there, we had them. But you cant settle for field goals on the 3 against a good team like that, and u cant go for it on 4th and 21 with 2 time outs and 1:50 left. That was just dumb.

Well, it's all about wins and lossess, however this yr we have a big opportunity to make the playoffs by beating the sheet teams, the good teams, and still losing to the great teams. Why, b/c if we make it to the postseason it will be b/c the AFC south blows. Then, we go one and out in the postseason.

All the talk will be about how we're not for real and can't win the big one and cave under pressure.:gun:

I hope this does not happen - if we can just beat up on the really good teams left on the schedule.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 03:53 PM
we didnt lay down and let them walk all over us, this shows we are a different team than last season, Remember our debacle last season against the Cowboys. I'd rather take this game over that game anyday

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Well, it's all about wins and lossess, however this yr we have a big opportunity to make the playoffs by beating the sheet teams, the good teams, and still losing to the great teams. Why, b/c if we make it to the postseason it will be b/c the AFC blows. Then, we go one and out in the postseason.

All the talk will be about how we're not for real and can't win the big one and cave under pressure.:gun:

I hope this does not happen - if we can just beat up on the really good teams left on the schedule.

well i dont believe one close loss to a good team defines a season. We have fight and fire, something this team has lacked for a while. We play them again it may turn out differently, and after today i feel that a lot of people will take notice that the texans are for real.

False Start
09-25-2011, 03:58 PM
OH yeah, that Kareem Jackson...bench him too. I'm actually serious about this one. Dude looked like his old self again today. :cutthroat:

MEGA SWATT
09-25-2011, 03:58 PM
well i dont believe one close loss to a good team defines a season. We have fight and fire, something this team has lacked for a while. We play them again it may turn out differently, and after today i feel that a lot of people will take notice that the texans are for real.

I can see that. I will hope for that. But we must stay injury free, we're not the G.B.Pkrs in that dept.

OH yeah, that Kareem Jackson...bench him too. I'm actually serious about this one. Dude looked like his old self again today. :cutthroat:

Yeah, don't even look back for ball position, nope can't do that.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 04:00 PM
I can see that. I will hope for that. But we must stay injury free, we're not the G.B.Pkrs in that dept.

i agree, kinda woried about Mario after he got hurt he would be in a play then out 3 our 4 plays. Id dint see him limping our anything i guess maybe they are playing it safe.

utahmark
09-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Saints are a great team, no shame in losing to them on the road. but, if we don't start winning some of these tough games then we are just the same team we have always been. No time to panic but they still have'nt showed me anything. A close loss means nothing.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Saints are a great team, no shame in losing to them on the road. but, if we don't start winning some of these tough games then we are just the same team we have always been. No time to panic but they still have'nt showed me anything. A close loss means nothing.

i would rather it be a close loss than a big loss. I mean games like this stick with players, the texans know they should of had this game, games like this are motivation. i hope they use it.

DBCooper
09-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Didn't anyone else see how Brees and the rest of the Saints turned up the intensity when they needed it?

That's what great football teams do.

We couldnt hang when the pressure got turned up, that's something that has got to be fixed to win in the playoffs.

utahmark
09-25-2011, 04:29 PM
i would rather it be a close loss than a big loss. I mean games like this stick with players, the texans know they should of had this game, games like this are motivation. i hope they use it.

If they are'nt motivated after the first 10 years of this #@#@ then we have more problems then I thought. Ive had my share of moral victories with this team.

ATXtexanfan
09-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Haha i wanted to be the first after this game. Hell no dont fire Kubiak, Bench Schaub our say the season is lost. We went toe to toe with the Saints in their house, yes we lost but the season is not lost.

Please quit crying it is rather pathetic Did anyone really expect us to go 16-0 ? We all said it will be tough in these next few games so we are 2-1. We'll be 3-1 after next week. On to the steelers

doesn't a FAN expect his team to 16-0?

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 04:32 PM
If they are'nt motivated after the first 10 years of this #@#@ then we have more problems then I thought. Ive had my share of moral victories with this team.

ummmm first 10 years, we have no players from 10 years ago on the team, hell we only have a FEW from 5 years ago. Just because they wear the same jersey dont mean that it is the same team from 10 years hell even 4 years ago.

ziggy29
09-25-2011, 04:33 PM

Yes, but this time it was Drew Brees doing it, not some marginal NFL-talent QB that would have done it to last year's Texan defense.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 04:34 PM
doesn't a FAN expect his team to 16-0?

well yes, even i was hoping for a 16-0 season BUT taking off my red, white and blue googles i know it is highly unlikly. I would rather lose close to a really good team than get blown out by a really good team. Hell i grew up wanting to be a billionaire by the age of 25 just cause i'm not dont mean all is lost.

Surreal McCoy
09-25-2011, 04:39 PM
The really sad thing is the thread title could easily be considered serious around here.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 04:50 PM
The really sad thing is the thread title could easily be considered serious around here.

haha oh well............

2slik4u
09-25-2011, 04:55 PM

Must spread rep to you EllisUnit.

Yes, the loss sucked but give me a break. Its not the end of the world or season.

This will be the last time I check this MB for the next three days because the cry babies wear me out.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Must spread rep to you EllisUnit.

Yes, the loss sucked but give me a break. Its not the end of the world or season.

This will be the last time I check this MB for the next three days because the cry babies wear me out.

:gun: i thought i'd never see the day :) thanks 2slik

texanhead08
09-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Saints have a great offense and I knew we weren't going to shut them down the whole game.

utahmark
09-25-2011, 05:22 PM
ummmm first 10 years, we have no players from 10 years ago on the team, hell we only have a FEW from 5 years ago. Just because they wear the same jersey dont mean that it is the same team from 10 years hell even 4 years ago.

Coaching staff has been together for 6(i believe). Most of the same group of players from the last couple of years. Just last year alone we had more of these types of loses than most teams have in 10 years.

Look, i'm not saying this season is over because we could'nt beat the Saints on the road. but if you or anyone on this board or anyone on the team is happy because we played it close then they need a little houston football history lesson.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Coaching staff has been together for 6(i believe). Most of the same group of players from the last couple of years. Just last year alone we had more of these types of loses than most teams have in 10 years.

Look, i'm not saying this season is over because we could'nt beat the Saints on the road. but if you or anyone on this board or anyone on the team is happy because we played it close then they need a little houston football history lesson.

yes but we have a new D.C and a few new players at different positions. Along with no Off season. We'll be alright

and we wouldnt of even been in most of those close gut renching loses a few years back. So pick ur poision i guess.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 07:56 PM
one more good lil bumparuski ;)

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 11:42 PM
aight well its been fun, lets cheer up guys. its not the end of the world as we know it. We got the steelers next week at home. We will all have forgotten about this after we stomp the steelers next sunday.

80tothezone
09-26-2011, 02:48 AM

Well...wedid loose ryan...... u take what u can champ

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk