PDA

View Full Version : Most telling announcer comment (KJ Thread)

badboy
09-25-2011, 03:30 PM
"Kareem Jackson had no clue where the ball was". Touchdown Saints. I keep hoping he will get it but sheesh.

DBCooper
09-25-2011, 03:39 PM
"Kareem Jackson had no clue where the ball was". Touchdown Saints. I keep hoping he will get it but sheesh.

I know man, I have been giving him the benefit of the doubt, but he is not getting it.

Kimmy
09-25-2011, 04:00 PM
I only caught the 1st half as we were traveling today. We listened on Sirius and it sounded like KJ was just burned to hell.

Was it as bad as it sounded?

ThaShark316
09-25-2011, 04:01 PM
I only caught the 1st half as we were traveling today. We listened on Sirius and it sounded like KJ was just burned to hell.

They attacked Kareem relentlessly with Lance Moore and Darren Sproles. Played off his man quite a bit, and NO exploited that.

BullNation4Life
09-25-2011, 04:02 PM

1 that I saw, never turned around to see the ball...

badboy
09-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Neither Allen nor Jackson has earned #2 corner. What happened to Harris? Gary said we would see him.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 04:03 PM

hate to say i called it but hey :whip: Its ok i'm sure it was the LBs and Safties fault for him not looking back for the ball :brando: must of been K. Jac can do NO wrong so...........

Mr. Texan
09-25-2011, 04:03 PM
nfl ready :)

Kimmy
09-25-2011, 04:04 PM
This latest Kubiak experiment has failed .... miserably

badboy
09-25-2011, 04:06 PM

Was it as bad as it sounded?Kimmy I started a thread on this but let's run with yours. KJ looked really bad most of the game. He did make one awesome tackle on Brees that some thought was late but I applauded it. The flag was overturned but he played way off his man and seldom was a factor. Guess I need to re-do my mock draft back to selecting a corner. Maybe there are some things that Wade just cannot fix.

badboy
09-25-2011, 04:07 PM
We can find solace that Wade would not have drafted this guy.

Nawzer
09-25-2011, 04:09 PM
KJ is a dumbass. Even that hit he had on Brees was risky even if it was a legal play. Besides that he failed in every way today.

Kimmy
09-25-2011, 04:11 PM
I really want to see how many times he was thrown at. He is a walking target for QBs and is going to cost us dearly.

I can just see Ben licking his fat chops for next Sunday

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 04:12 PM
KJ is a dumbass. Even that hit he had on Brees was risky even if it was a legal play. Besides that he failed in every way today.

NO he played so well out there i'm sure we will get a break down soon and we will ALL see that it wasnt his fault.

CretorFrigg
09-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Kareem is terrible. He has absolutely no sense of where the ball is. And if he does know where the ball is, he's 10 yards away from being a factor in the play.

Mr. Texan
09-25-2011, 04:13 PM
lance moore made kareem jackson his "female dog" :)

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 04:16 PM
He had a bad game today no doubt, but I hate how everyone jumps on him when he has a bad game and when he does solid or shows improvement nothing comes up.

He was a big reason the team lost on defense today though, that and there was little pass rush.

Kimmy
09-25-2011, 04:17 PM
He had a bad game today no doubt, but I hate how everyone jumps on him when he has a bad game and when he does solid or shows improvement nothing comes up.

He was a big reason the team lost on defense today though, that and there was little pass rush.

Can you show me when he has had a good game? Sorry, not jumping on a KJ wagon, it's been hitched to me since day 1.

The Cush
09-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Actually, not enough. We were fortunate Brees didn't target him every snap

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 04:21 PM
Can you show me when he has had a good game? Sorry, not jumping on a KJ wagon, it's been hitched to me since day 1.

havent you been reading he always has a good game, its just that everyone else has a bad game and blows assignments and makes him look bad . Hmmmmm i cant believe you didnt know :runaway:

Rey
09-25-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm about ready to see Brandon Harris out there.

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 04:24 PM

Had a pretty good game last week. Even forced a TO that helped win the game.

The Cush
09-25-2011, 04:25 PM
I wonder if he ever thinks about how turning your head around once in awhile can be a productive idea

Yesterday
09-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Kareem Jackson is the worst player in football.

I can't believe he has the gall to talk shit to ANYONE on the other team when he is getting repeatedly burned. He should be cut, and soon.

Yesterday
09-25-2011, 04:30 PM

I am ready to see Brandon Harris out there.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Had a pretty good game last week. Even forced a TO that helped win the game.

ok against a team with a good QB can u show us a good game against a good QB/Team ?

welsh texan
09-25-2011, 04:31 PM

Is it right to be a little worried about Brandon Harris? We haven't seen anything of him in the regular season but you'd expect a 2nd rounder to come in and at least be a part of the game in nickle or dime?

This is somewhat hypocritical of me because I've spent a lot of time crying about our way of suiting 'em up and sending 'em out there from the first snap whether they are ready or not in the past but I'm not sure whether they have taken my advice (jokes) or is there something else wrong?

Another thing was seeing Quin lining up on the outside when Nolan comes in at Safety but I thought Quin was far more suited to playing the slot and played outside out of necessity, and that was before he spent the last year practicing to be a safety.

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 04:36 PM
ok against a team with a good QB can u show us a good game against a good QB/Team ?

You mean dating back to last year when the entire defense was pretty much horrible. Give the guy some time, high profile young CBs get picked on too. Like McCourty against that same offense.

It's a trickle down effect too. Not that Kareem didn't play horrible today. He did absolutely. But the front 7 did not generate any type of rush. Give a QB like Brees all that time and someone is going to get embarrassed. It's no coincidence that our PASS D has looked much better when we generate a rush. We don't have lockdown corners like Aso or Revis.

badboy
09-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Wade has no clue what to do @ CB#2. He has no player to step up and must know something we do not about Harris who should at least get some reps.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 04:38 PM
You mean dating back to last year when the entire defense was pretty much horrible. Give the guy some time, high profile young CBs get picked on too. Like McCourty against that same offense.

It's a trickle down effect too. Not that Kareem didn't play horrible today. He did absolutely. But the front 7 did not generate any type of rush. Give a QB like Brees all that time and someone is going to get embarrassed. It's no coincidence that our PASS D has looked much better when we generate a rush. We don't have lockdown corners like Aso or Revis.

i understand that but it has to do with him sticking with his man, he just dont have good foot work our good instincts IMO.

Hervoyel
09-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Kareem is a problem. I think it's no secret that the Texans need another cornerback and that Kareem Jackson's closing in on the bust label at a pretty scary rate. Today was like a 2010 flashback where every play seemed to end with the #25 on the screen and some Saints player standing up well beyond the first-down marker.

If Wade is the DC he's cracked up to be I think we'll either see this start to cease or we'll see a lot less of #25. We've got a few more weeks (in my opinion) before we start seeing the best this defense has to offer with these personnel.

Yesterday
09-25-2011, 04:39 PM
McCourty was drafted 7 picks after Kareem. How should the expectations for KJ be somehow lower than those for McCourty?

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 04:50 PM
McCourty was drafted 7 picks after Kareem. How should the expectations for KJ be somehow lower than those for McCourty?

Because he had a much better year than KJ is what I meant. He's more of a high profile young CB which is what I said...but also can have a bad game.

I just feel like people are ignoring that he has improved this year, had two solid games before this one against one of the best offenses in the NFL.

Texans can do MUCH better though at CB than Kareem, but he's still a young CB so I'm not too surprised.

Spled
09-25-2011, 05:31 PM
No one hurt us more than Graham.

edo783
09-25-2011, 07:48 PM
IMO, one of the worst things that K-Jack's poor play does, is cause Wade to run a bunch fewer blitz plays because he can't hold up in man coverage. The earlier games were against MUCH lesser QBs who can't make the decisions and throws as quick as Drew can, so we got away with doing some pressure packages and got to the QB. Today, pretty much came with just 4 people 90% of the time and had a bunch less pressure on the QB.

edo783
09-25-2011, 08:09 PM
I wonder if he ever thinks about how turning your head around once in awhile can be a productive idea

Kind of like what's his name from 2 years ago, but without the speed.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 08:11 PM
You clowns really do know nothing about football. He had perfect coverage on that play. Sometimes a great quarterback makes a great throw and its going to beat perfect coverage.

mugrakers
09-25-2011, 08:14 PM

You mean Wade Phillips experiment. Lets not give all the accolades to Wade and all the crap to Kubiak.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 08:16 PM
You clowns really do know nothing about football. He had perfect coverage on that play. Sometimes a great quarterback makes a great throw and its going to beat perfect coverage.

perfect coverage, first off if you watch he was 4 yards behind the guy, it was a low throw thats why he looked so close. If he had any kind of ideal where the ball was THEN that would of been good coverage.

DBCooper
09-25-2011, 08:16 PM

Lol, perfect coverage a yard beat in the endzone, with his back to the football.

Are you his agent?

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 08:17 PM

Again, Kareem Jackson didn't give up 23 points in the 4th qtr all by himself. There is alot that needs to be corrected in the backfield, some more pressing than Kareem Jackson.

But today, in the second half, the biggest problem was our pass rush. You give Brees that much time, no CB has a chance.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Lol, perfect coverage a yard beat in the endzone, with his back to the football.

Are you his agent?

People who don't know football would say that. He was on his hip and Brees made a back shoulder throw. It was a good play by a potential Hall of Fame QB. I've played the QB position in high school and and college. That's a play that indefensible if thrown perfectly. So what was JJo's excuse on his touchdown getting beat? You clowns want to pick on Jackson, but spread the blame equally if you're gonna do that.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Again, Kareem Jackson didn't give up 23 points in the 4th qtr all by himself. There is alot that needs to be corrected in the backfield, some more pressing than Kareem Jackson.

But today, in the second half, the biggest problem was our pass rush. You give Brees that much time, no CB has a chance.

NO the biggest problem was we stopped rushing more than 4. thats on Wade, our kubiak for telling wade what to run. Who knows but our Defense cant get soft like that cause we have a slim lead.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 08:21 PM

The New England Patriots just gave up 34 points to the Buffalo Bills.

Would you say Belichick's latest experiment failed.... miserably?

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 08:22 PM
People who don't football would say that. He was on his hip and Brees made a back shoulder throw. It was a good play by a potential Hall of Fame QB. I've played the QB position in high school and and college. That's a play that indefensible if thrown perfectly. So what was JJo's excuse on his touchdown getting beat? You clowns want to pick on Jackson, but spread the blame equally if you're gonna do that.

First off u cant be a good CB and not locate the ball. i played CB. and JoJo was watching the really under thrown ball and did attempt to contest it. Plus JoJo had a pick

hradhak
09-25-2011, 08:22 PM

You're right he didn't give up 23 points. Part of the problem was that our offense didn't convert in the red zone. The game would have been different had the Saints been playing from a 21 point deficit and we could have run the ball as much as we wanted.

I think the real problem is that the coaching staff is still not good at covering up our weaknesses

buddyboy
09-25-2011, 08:23 PM
hate to say i called it but hey :whip: Its ok i'm sure it was the LBs and Safties fault for him not looking back for the ball :brando: must of been K. Jac can do NO wrong so...........

I honestly don't get where you got this idea that people think K Jax is flawless. We've all admitted he was crap last season, and still has his crap plays this season. Yet, you continue to champion this idea that we all think he's the best thing since sliced bread.

DBCooper
09-25-2011, 08:25 PM
People who don't football would say that. He was on his hip and Brees made a back shoulder throw. It was a good play by a potential Hall of Fame QB. I've played the QB position in high school and and college. That's a play that indefensible if thrown perfectly. So what was JJo's excuse on his touchdown getting beat? You clowns want to pick on Jackson, but spread the blame equally if you're gonna do that.

Bully for you Mr. QB.

That was horrible coverage, KJ had no idea where the ball was.

I would expect any NFL QB to make that throw, let alone someone of Drew Brees' caliber.

And I'd take JoJo's mistakes over KJ any day.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 08:27 PM
I honestly don't get where you got this idea that people think K Jax is flawless. We've all admitted he was crap last season, and still has his crap plays this season. Yet, you continue to champion this idea that we all think he's the best thing since sliced bread.

man this is directed to ONE person. Most on here know who he is cause we are always going at it about KJ and Allen.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 08:27 PM
First off u cant be a good CB and not locate the ball. i played CB. and JoJo was watching the really under thrown ball and did attempt to contest it. Plus JoJo had a pick

Lol, you didn't play CB if that's your evaluation of a good corner. A perfect throw will beat perfect coverage most of the time. And "JJo" got lost on the touchdown he gave up, and he got beat on plenty of other passes. You know what? It "freaking" happens! Revis, Primetime, and every other CB get beat in this league. Cromartie just got beat today like he stole something a week after people called him a top five DB in this league. But I'm sure you're aware of that since you played the position. wack!

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Lol, you didn't play CB if that's your evaluation of a good corner. A perfect throw will beat perfect coverage most of the time. And "JJo" got lost on the touchdown he gave up, and he got beat on plenty of other passes. You know what? It "freaking" happens! Revis, Primetime, and every other CB get beat in this league. Cromartie just got beat today like he stole something a week after people called him a top five DB in this league. But I'm sure you're aware of that since you played the position. wack!

haha seriously. You think good coverage has nothing to do with locating the ball ??? Why do you think that QBs pump fake then Mr QB. Its not JUST to draw the safties away. Watch any good CB like Revis and Aso and tell me they blindly cover WRs without knowing where the ball is. Another reason is CBs will easily get called for Pass Interference if they dont. you were a QB ??? Really ?

DexmanC
09-25-2011, 08:33 PM
IMO, one of the worst things that K-Jack's poor play does, is cause Wade to run a bunch fewer blitz plays because he can't hold up in man coverage. The earlier games were against MUCH lesser QBs who can't make the decisions and throws as quick as Drew can, so we got away with doing some pressure packages and got to the QB. Today, pretty much came with just 4 people 90% of the time and had a bunch less pressure on the QB.

We got Roethlisberger and Flacco comin up. Knowing Kubiak, he's
gonna allow K-Jax to sink the season. The Texans don't beat real teams,
and this season, they HAVE to in order to make the playoffs.

DocBar
09-25-2011, 08:34 PM
The New England Patriots just gave up 34 points to the Buffalo Bills.

Would you say Belichick's latest experiment failed.... miserably?I would say his defense is in the process of failing. It's been pretty bad all season.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 08:34 PM
They attacked Kareem relentlessly with Lance Moore and Darren Sproles. Played off his man quite a bit, and NO exploited that.

With Lance Moore & Darren Sproles??

This thread has gone over 2 pages with this kind of hard nose analysis?

:vincepalm:

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 08:35 PM
I would say his defense is in the process of failing. It's been pretty bad all season.

reminds me of the 2009 texans where shaub always had to throw the ball. we did go 9-7 however.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 08:35 PM
haha seriously. You think good coverage has nothing to do with locating the ball ??? Why do you think that QBs pump fake then Mr QB. Its not JUST to draw the safties away. Watch any good CB like Revis and Aso and tell me they blindly cover WRs without knowing where the ball is. Another reason is CBs will easily get called for Pass Interference if they dont. you were a QB ??? Really ?

You would know that if you knew what coverage they were in. I've watched Revis a lot, and I can tell you he's been beat in cover 1 plenty of times. Just in case you don't know that's man coverage. Playing zone, quarters, cover 3, or cover 2 its a lot easier for the CB to see the quarterback and make plays on the ball. I used to love when Linebackers or Safeties covered the tight end on his hip when they where in man. You throw it to their back shoulder and they can't defend it. But I'm sure you're different right? wow, just wow!

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 08:39 PM

We are really making people believers in the fact we have bad fans.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 08:39 PM
You would know that if you knew what coverage they were in. I've watched Revis a lot, and I can tell you he's been beat in cover 1 plenty of times. Just in case you don't know that's man coverage. Playing zone, quarters, cover 3, or cover 2 its a lot easier for the CB to see the quarterback and make plays on the ball. I used to love when Linebackers or Safeties covered the tight end on his hip when they where in man. You throw it to their back shoulder and they can't defend it. But I'm sure you're different right? wow, just wow!

HAHA yeah running stride for stride if u've already been beat, it was a SHORT field KJ didnt have much time to get beat, but if you have "great" coverage like you claim then you should be in position to ATTEMPT to make a play. Kjac did nothing he didnt even know the ball was thrown until the Refs threw up their hands indicating a TD. so no CB in the league should ever make a INT cause they dont need to play the ball. that makes so much sense.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 08:40 PM
i understand that but it has to do with him sticking with his man, he just dont have good foot work our good instincts IMO.

I'm going to have to watch the game again. I honestly didn't see anything to warrant this thread. He had a few issues, but I wouldn't say he had a bad game, definitely not a terrible game.

He's not a cover corner, so if that's what you're expecting, it ain't gonna happen. His game is keeping his man in front of him & not giving up the big play.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm going to have to watch the game again. I honestly didn't see anything to warrant this thread. He had a few issues, but I wouldn't say he had a bad game, definitely not a terrible game.

He's not a cover corner, so if that's what you're expecting, it ain't gonna happen. His game is keeping his man in front of him & not giving up the big play.

cool but he has a really hard time keeping his man in front of him and WHEN he does Kjac is usually 10 yards behind him and thats an automatic 7 yards every play, assuming he makes the tackle.

Lucky
09-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Wade has no clue what to do @ CB#2. He has no player to step up and must know something we do not about Harris who should at least get some reps.
Play Harris. He'll take his lumps, but at least they'll find out if he can play. What else do they need to know about Jackson and Allen?

DocBar
09-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Lol, you didn't play CB if that's your evaluation of a good corner. A perfect throw will beat perfect coverage most of the time. And "JJo" got lost on the touchdown he gave up, and he got beat on plenty of other passes. You know what? It "freaking" happens! Revis, Primetime, and every other CB get beat in this league. Cromartie just got beat today like he stole something a week after people called him a top five DB in this league. But I'm sure you're aware of that since you played the position. wack!You are absolutely right that it "freakin" happens. It just doesn't happen to good CB's as often as it does to KJ.
If you thought his coverage was good on the TD he gave up, you must've been looking through beer goggles. He looked like :firehair: right before he got :roast:. There just ain't no two ways about it.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 08:46 PM
HAHA yeah running stride for stride if u've already been beat, it was a SHORT field KJ didnt have much time to get beat, but if you have "great" coverage like you claim then you should be in position to ATTEMPT to make a play. Kjac did nothing he didnt even know the ball was thrown until the Refs threw up their hands indicating a TD. so no CB in the league should ever make a INT cause they dont need to play the ball. that makes so much sense.

If you think a short field is a outside the 15 yard line then I'm not wasting my time with you anymore. Dude, you don't know football obviously but its ok. You're a typical Houston fan.

Corrosion
09-25-2011, 08:48 PM

Moore took Jacksons lunch money today ..... :texanbill:

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 08:48 PM
If you think a short field is a outside the 15 yard line then I'm not wasting my time with you anymore. Dude, you don't know football obviously but its ok. You're a typical Houston fan.

haha that is a short field, hmmm why else would it be called the Red Zone. Its the toughest place to score because of the short field. Wow a QB you musta been great :gun:

Hervoyel
09-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Play Harris. He'll take his lumps, but at least they'll find out if he can play. What else do they need to know about Jackson and Allen?

This. Nothing really left to lose.

DocBar
09-25-2011, 08:49 PM

He's not a cover corner, so if that's what you're expecting, it ain't gonna happen. His game is keeping his man in front of him & not giving up the big play.Which why threads like this get started all the time. He's a good tackler, but only after giving chunks of yards and points. He got absolutely crucified today. Maybe they should put Quin back at CB and KJ at FS.

sakebomb
09-25-2011, 08:50 PM

You're kidding right? Actually I know what happened. You had a hard time seeing him because he wasn't even in the picture when #16 or #43 caught the ball. Once the catch was made then he ran up and tackled them. :kitten:

On the bright side I don't think he fell down.

Texn4life
haha that is a short field, hmmm why else would it be called the Red Zone. Its the toughest place to score because of the short field. Wow a QB you musta been great :gun:

Anytime you have 20 plus yards to cover its not a short field short bus. Your 2A high school DB training wasn't very good.

EllisUnit
Which why threads like this get started all the time. He's a good tackler, but only after giving chunks of yards and points. He got absolutely crucified today. Maybe they should put Quin back at CB and KJ at FS.

i say Quin at CB and Allen at safety if anything i dont wanna have to depend on KJac back there !!!!!

Rey

There is no such thing as being indefensible. It there were offense would be unstoppable--just go to your indefensible play.

Maybe it is a lot harder for guys to make plays in certain situations. But to imply that a corner should not be expected to locate the ball in man coverage is incorrect. Sure zone allows you to face the action, but when a corner is in man they are supposed to turn and locate the ball at some point.

While all corners get beat, all corners don't get beat to the degree that kjax has in his short career. He's not the worse db on the team, but he didn't do us any favors today.

Yeah Joseph got beat at times, but he made some good plays in between those bad moments.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Anytime you have 20 plus yards to cover its not a short field short bus. Your 2A high school DB training wasn't very good.

5A. Huntsville TX. And yes it is a short field. Besides the obvious of it being in the "redzone" think of how fast players that play WR/CB run a 40. And you think 20 yards is not a short field.

DocBar
09-25-2011, 08:54 PM
haha that is a short field, hmmm why else would it be called the Red Zone. Its the toughest place to score because of the short field. Wow a QB you musta been great :gun:It's supposed to be harder to throw in the redzone because of the short field. It certainly has been for the Texans the last two weeks. For a team that is supposedly such a great running team, we pass down there far too often. What happened to being able to run the ball even when the other guys know it's coming and imposing our will on the other team?

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 08:54 PM
There is no such thing as being indefensible. It there were offense would be unstoppable--just go to your indefensible play.

Maybe it is a lot harder for guys to make plays in certain situations. But to imply that a corner should not be expected to locate the ball in man coverage is incorrect. Sure zone allows you to face the action, but when a corner is in man they are supposed to turn and locate the ball at some point.

While all corners get beat, all corners don't get beat to the degree that kjax has in his short career. He's not the worse db on the team, but he didn't do us any favors today.

Yeah Joseph got beat at times, but he made some good plays in between those bad moments.

Thanks for the good response.... Yeah, in man coverage a corner can get his head around but he was running up the seam. He was like a fish out of water. I would have picked on any corner in the position. You make a back shoulder and I guarantee you no corner would be able to make a play on that ball. It was a great throw!

hradhak
09-25-2011, 08:55 PM

My problem with KJ is that he has never made a play. He gets beat and then tackles someone. JoJo has 2 INTs already this season. Yeah, he gets beat, but he makes up for it by making plays.

I'd rather that KJ be up on press coverage and make a few plays then him giving every receiver 10 yard cushion, stopping him after he gets the first down.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 08:55 PM
It's supposed to be harder to throw in the redzone because of the short field. It certainly has been for the Texans the last two weeks. For a team that is supposedly such a great running team, we pass down there far too often. What happened to being able to run the ball even when the other guys know it's coming and imposing our will on the other team?

thats my point to Texanwhatever it is harder to throw in the redzone BUT he says that from the 15 yard line is not a short field haha

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 08:56 PM
5A. Huntsville TX. And yes it is a short field. Besides the obvious of it being in the "redzone" think of how fast players that play WR/CB run a 40. And you think 20 yards is not a short field.

Huntsville TX..... yeah like I said wack football...... You little guys up there would think that.

hradhak
09-25-2011, 08:56 PM
It's supposed to be harder to throw in the redzone because of the short field. It certainly has been for the Texans the last two weeks. For a team that is supposedly such a great running team, we pass down there far too often. What happened to being able to run the ball even when the other guys know it's coming and imposing our will on the other team?

I think this is where we miss Arian Foster. It was the problem we had in 2009, and now in 2011 without Foster the same problem creeps in.

Kubiak is a great playcaller when he has space to work with, but that lack of space hurts him in the RZ

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Huntsville TX..... yeah like I said wack football...... You little guys up there would think that.

we went to state in 03 playing 5A there buddy. Whats ur name anyways since u played college ball i want to see what kinda stats you had since your so "knowledgable" about Defense and coverages.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 08:59 PM
You're kidding right? Actually I know what happened. You had a hard time seeing him because he wasn't even in the picture when #16 or #43 caught the ball. Once the catch was made then he ran up and tackled them. :kitten:

On the bright side I don't think he fell down.

I can't even imagine why #43 would ever be KJax responsibility.

I just finished watching the Saints first possession of the second half. Two throws to Jackson's man, the first on a crossing route, no one in the middle of the field, KJax is all alone with Moore. KJ is in no position to contest the catch. As soon as Moore catches the ball, he falls down & KJ touches him.

Second play is similar, but it looks like Quin & Manning are in the middle of the field. They are much closer to the play than KJ. If I had to guess, it was some kind of zone.

Other than that, the big plays had nothing to do with KJ, on the touchdown, Brees looks KJ's way, but sees he doesn't have a play, so he scrambles back to the other side & completes a pass to Henderson, I think, in the back of the endzone.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 09:00 PM
we went to state in 03 playing 5A there buddy. Whats ur name anyways since u played college ball i want to see what kinda stats you had since your so "knowledgable" about Defense and coverages.

I played for a school that's won 5 state championships in 4A in the last 15 years. Do your homework and look it up.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 09:00 PM
I wonder if anyone saw how often Andre was wide open during this game.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 09:01 PM
I played for a school that's won 5 state championships in 4A in the last 14 years. Do your homework and look it up.

ok man whats ur name let me see ur college career stats. dont be shy ok 5 in 15 years what the hell does that have to do with you ?

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 09:02 PM
I played for a school that's won 5 state championships in 4A in the last 15 years. Do your homework and look it up.

give me ur name and College you played for let me have a look.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 09:02 PM
ok man whats ur name let me see ur college career stats. dont be shy ok 5 in 15 years what the hell does that have to do with you ?

Yeah, and give me your name, social security number, and birthdate. This is a freaking message board. You aren't really that stupid are you?

DocBar
09-25-2011, 09:03 PM
i say Quin at CB and Allen at safety if anything i dont wanna have to depend on KJac back there !!!!!I hear ya, but I was appeasing TK's opinion that KJ is an adequate zone guy. Hell, he IS a good enough tackler.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 09:03 PM
I gave you a hint where I went to high school. You figure out for yourself superstar.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah, and give me your name, social security number, and birthdate. This is a freaking message board. You aren't really that stupid are you?

really, i dont want social i want a name and college i can look up any college player but i cant get any personal info. I think ur full of shit.

badboy
09-25-2011, 09:04 PM
People who don't know football would say that. He was on his hip and Brees made a back shoulder throw. It was a good play by a potential Hall of Fame QB. I've played the QB position in high school and and college. That's a play that indefensible if thrown perfectly. So what was JJo's excuse on his touchdown getting beat? You clowns want to pick on Jackson, but spread the blame equally if you're gonna do that.Why can't you voice your opinion without calling names? Being as you have been to college and all, you could probably do that. The focus for me on that TD play was not that Brees threw a good pass but that KJ did not defend properly. We should not be looking for a CB starter going into the 4th game.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 09:05 PM
you didnt give me the name of ur high school. u said they were 4A and won 5 State Ships in 15 years.

DBCooper
09-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the good response.... Yeah, in man coverage a corner can get his head around but he was running up the seam. He was like a fish out of water. I would have picked on any corner in the position. You make a back shoulder and I guarantee you no corner would be able to make a play on that ball. It was a great throw!

No one is debating whether or not it was a good throw by Brees.

The point is KJ had no clue!

It would be one thing if he had any idea what position he needed to be in to make a play, which he doesn't, he didn't even know where the ball was.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 09:06 PM
really, i dont want social i want a name and college i can look up any college player but i cant get any personal info. I think ur full of shit.

Look it up man! I gave you enough info to find out exactly where I played in college.

DocBar
09-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Yeah, and give me your name, social security number, and birthdate. This is a freaking message board. You aren't really that stupid are you?Send it in a PM. You're the one coming in here and running your fool head like you're some kind of football guru who knows all and sees all. We'll all take Ellis' word for it if you really are Mr. All-American HS/college QB star.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 09:07 PM
you didnt give me the name of ur high school. u said they were 4A and won 5 State Ships in 15 years.

There has only been one school to do that in Texas. Google it and you'll find out.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Send it in a PM. You're the one coming in here and running your fool head like you're some kind of football guru who knows all and sees all. We'll all take Ellis' word for it if you really are Mr. All-American HS/college QB star.

All I said was people who are crucifying K-Jax for this game are clowns which you are if that's the case. The front 7 was terrible in this game. JJo outside of the pick was terrible in this game. That can't be ignored, but leave it to Houston fans to ignore the facts of the game.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 09:09 PM
ok man do you know how many damn 4A teams have won 5 Championships. You didnt give me a year, a school.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 09:10 PM
All I said was people who are crucifying K-Jax for this game are clowns which you are if that's the case. The front 7 was terrible in this game. JJo outside of the pick was terrible in this game. That can't be ignored, but leave it to Houston fans to ignore the facts of the game.

And did you watch last season ????? its not just going off of this 1 game.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 09:14 PM
And did you watch last season ????? its not just going off of this 1 game.

He got beat this game? yeah!!!! But did you see Revis early last year? Did you see Deion when he got murdered by Irvin in the nfc championship? You dudes act like people don't have a bad game. Brady gave up a 21 point lead! I think NE needs to cut him!!!! He's been solid the rest of the year and goes up against a top 3 offense and gets beat along with the rest of the Defense. You guys are wack in my opinion I'm sorry.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 09:15 PM
ok man do you know how many damn 4A teams have won 5 Championships. You didnt give me a year, a school.

And dude, no 4A school has won 5 in the last 15 years other than mine so this conversation is over.

DocBar
09-25-2011, 09:16 PM
He got beat this game? yeah!!!! But did you see Revis early last year? Did you see Deion when he got murdered by Irvin in the nfc championship? You dudes act like people don't have a bad game. Brady gave up a 21 point lead! I think NE needs to cut him!!!! He's been solid the rest of the year and goes up against a top 3 offense and gets beat along with the rest of the Defense. You guys are wack in my opinion I'm sorry.Are you 76Texan going all incognito?

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 09:17 PM
And dude, no 4A school has won 5 in the last 15 years other than mine so this conversation is over.

and ur full of shit. Dont claim to be an all American QB how knows how to read coverages and can pick apart a secondary if ur not.

AND Revis has had success and most other TOP notch CBs that have gotten beat when jackson has had 0. So dont compare him to them they are worlds apart.

wolf123
09-25-2011, 09:18 PM

Its lake travis and its impossible to find where you went to college because no one knows when you graduated. Could be 40 years old.. :kitten:

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 09:18 PM
I just watched the Saints second possession of the second half. None of these passes were thrown at Kareem. They are throwing a lot of crossing patterns. Our LBs are not in the field of play, the crossing routes are easy pickings.

this possession ended in the Danieal Manning INT.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Its lake travis and its impossible to find where you went to college because no one knows when you graduated. Could be 40 years old.. :kitten:

i saw lake travis but like i said he never gave me a year.

badboy
And dude, no 4A school has won 5 in the last 15 years other than mine so this conversation is over.Sounds like LaMarque High to me.

Texn4life
Are you 76Texan going all incognito?

I have no idea who that is. I just don't like ridiculous fans who overreact. I love the Texans just like everyone here, but it bothers me when I come after a loss to read nonsense. I don't have any hard feelings towards Ellis. I'm sure he's a good guy, but I'm frustrated like everyone else. I just think our front seven could have played much, much better.

wolf123
09-25-2011, 09:21 PM
i saw lake travis but like i said he never gave me a year.

He was clearly nothing in college or he would have no problem saying his name.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 09:22 PM

You're 100 percent right! That's exactly why I wouldn't want to broadcast my name to thousands of people.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 09:23 PM

thats my thoughts. what does he think that i will be able/try to find him just cause i know his name ?

wolf123
09-25-2011, 09:23 PM
You're 100 percent right!

Thanks for making my point.. Thread over

badboy
09-25-2011, 09:24 PM

He's not a cover corner, so if that's what you're expecting, it ain't gonna happen. His game is keeping his man in front of him & not giving up the big play.How is that working out for him?

wolf123
09-25-2011, 09:24 PM
thats my thoughts. what does he think that i will be able/try to find him just cause i know his name ?

I lol'd when he thought we could find him by giving us his highschool name. Not the sharpest knife :vincepalm:

Corrosion
09-25-2011, 09:25 PM
I wonder if anyone saw how often Andre was wide open during this game.

How the hell you lose a guy like AJ is beyond me .... Most of the time at least two defenders are responsible for him in coverage .... dude is just that good.

Lance Moore on the other hand ..... There was one drive in the 4th quarter where the Aints started deep in their end and damn near every play went at Jackson either to Sproles or Moore ..... that drive disgusted me.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 09:26 PM
You're 100 percent right! That's exactly why I wouldn't want to broadcast my name to thousands of people.

My name is Johnny Smith Jr, haha yeah funny but it is some people on here have me on facebook so they know i'm not lying. i was born 12/2/84. in Houston Tx. To my mother Deborah Darlin Connor. My father was a Forman for Pate and Pate now known as ETAP, a contstruction company out of Houston his name was Johnny Delmar Smith. My dad died 1/8/05 in New Caney TX there find me, now whats ur name ?

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 09:27 PM
I lol'd when he thought we could find him by giving us his highschool name. Not the sharpest knife :vincepalm:

You're not the sharpest knife if you think I'd give you my name. One of you guys has it right. Either way, it doesn't matter. I'm not here to say I was a superstar but I can say I know the game from a quarterbacks perspective. Maybe never been a superstar physically, but I could always play the game.

eriadoc
09-25-2011, 09:29 PM

Are you referring to the TD play where he got his hips so confused they didn't know which way he was headed? Or by "perfect coverage" are you referring to his inability to even attempt to locate the ball after he knew he was beaten? Or his inability to even recognize that he was beaten?

Go watch it again. That play had a lot less to do with the QB's throw than it did the WR playing Kareem for the poor cover corner he is. That receiver basically got KJ so messed up in his running that he damn near fell over. OH!! THAT's what you meant by perfect coverage - KJ didn't fall down! Got it .....

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 09:30 PM
My name is Johnny Smith Jr, haha yeah funny but it is some people on here have me on facebook so they know i'm not lying. i was born 12/2/84. in Houston Tx. To my mother Deborah Darlin Connor. My father was a Forman for Pate and Pate now known as ETAP, a contstruction company out of Houston his name was Johnny Delmar Smith. My dad died 1/8/05 in New Caney TX there find me, now whats ur name ?

My name is Bobby Fisher...... You're a good guy Ellis and I do appreciate your opinions. Sorry if you felt insulted.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Are you referring to the TD play where he got his hips so confused they didn't know which way he was headed? Or by "perfect coverage" are you referring to his inability to even attempt to locate the ball after he knew he was beaten? Or his inability to even recognize that he was beaten?

Go watch it again. That play had a lot less to do with the QB's throw than it did the WR playing Kareem for the poor cover corner he is. That receiver basically got KJ so messed up in his running that he damn near fell over. OH!! THAT's what you meant by perfect coverage - KJ didn't fall down! Got it .....

I may be wrong....... I'll go back and look at it. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.

eriadoc
09-25-2011, 09:32 PM
I may be wrong....... I'll go back and look at it. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.

Watch KJ's hips as the play develops. They show a nice view of it as the play unfolds in slo-mo on the CBS replay. KJ was just eaten alive on that play.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 09:35 PM
My name is Bobby Fisher...... You're a good guy Ellis and I do appreciate your opinions. Sorry if you felt insulted.

its cool man i dont feel insulted............... either you are a chess master our you were born in 1948 ??? thats all i'm seeing man.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Watch KJ's hips as the play develops. They show a nice view of it as the play unfolds in slo-mo on the CBS replay. KJ was just eaten alive on that play.

Ok, I just re-watched it for the first time and it was pretty bad. His biggest mistake was that he didn't re-route him when he tried and Brees noticed he was lost after that. My mistake. Very bad technique there.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Ok, I just re-watched it for the first time and it was pretty bad. His biggest mistake was that he didn't re-route him when he tried and Brees noticed he was lost after that. My mistake. Very bad technique there.

ok there we agree, the end of our debate :)

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 09:39 PM
its cool man i dont feel insulted............... either you are a chess master our you were born in 1948 ??? thats all i'm seeing man.

Lol, man I feel stupid right now trust me. I'm just mad we lost and needed someone to take it out on. But I went to La Marque.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 09:40 PM
ok there we agree, the end of our debate :)

no worries.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 09:42 PM
no worries.

What's crazy is I went to the Jets forums and they're 10 times worse than we are right now.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 09:44 PM
The Saints third possession of the second half... we're in the 4th qtr now. This possession, Antonio Smith gets his second sack on Brees.

Nothing was thrown towards KJax, we got good pressure & the Saints had to punt.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 09:46 PM
What's crazy is I went to the Jets forums and they're 10 times worse than we are right now.

i imagine, they had a horrible game. i watched it and the Raiders D dominated them in the 2nd half. and Cromartie had a AWFUL game. he had a fumble on a kick off and 4 pass interference calls. What a game for the raiders though.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 09:48 PM
The Saints third possession of the second half... we're in the 4th qtr now. This possession, Antonio Smith gets his second sack on Brees.

Nothing was thrown towards KJax, we got good pressure & the Saints had to punt.

it'll get there. i remeber it cause i about threw my tv remote at KJ but my TV would have been on the losing end :(

badboy
09-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Lol, man I feel stupid right now trust me. I'm just mad we lost and needed someone to take it out on. But I went to La Marque.Texn4life, you just changed my opinion of you and probably others. It takes something to admit what you just did. I like to have posters who have played sports and can give a non player like me pointers and info I may not have. LaMarque was a powerhouse for long time. Didn't that school lose a longtime head coach to cancer or something a few years ago? Best thing ever happened was when they stepped down from 5A. Had some intense games against Texas City in some seasons.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 09:50 PM
I can't even imagine why #43 would ever be KJax responsibility.

On the 4th possession, Sproles is lined up on the far right, KJ gives him 10+ yards, Sproles picks up an easy first down.

We bat the ball down

Sproles lined up again far right, KJ gives him 10 yards, but thanks to Quin they don't get the first.

KJac comes out of the game, for one play.

KJ back in on the slot over henderson.... Quin gives up the touchdown to Gram lined up far left like a receiver.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 09:50 PM
i imagine, they had a horrible game. i watched it and the Raiders D dominated them in the 2nd half. and Cromartie had a AWFUL game. he had a fumble on a kick off and 4 pass interference calls. What a game for the raiders though.

Yeah, they loved Cromartie after his picks last week now they're trying to figure out how to get rid of him lol. I love the J-Jo signing. I just don't think he's completely healthy right now. And yeah, I don't think K-Jax is the greatest corner but we don't have anyone else on the roster to start in my opinion.

DBCooper
09-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Texn4life, you just changed my opinion of you and probably others. It takes something to admit what you just did. I like to have posters who have played sports and can give a non player like me pointers and info I may not have. LaMarque was a powerhouse for long time. Didn't that school lose a longtime head coach to cancer or something a few years ago? Best thing ever happened was when they stepped down from 5A. Had some intense games against Texas City in some seasons.

I like posters who have played before also, but someone that comes in throwing around insults and calling names because they played a little ball in the past is going to get eaten alive around here.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Texn4life, you just changed my opinion of you and probably others. It takes something to admit what you just did. I like to have posters who have played sports and can give a non player like me pointers and info I may not have. LaMarque was a powerhouse for long time. Didn't that school lose a longtime head coach to cancer or something a few years ago? Best thing ever happened was when they stepped down from 5A. Had some intense games against Texas City in some seasons.

i agree Texn4life. Man much respect most cant admit they were wrong, it shows a lot about you to admit that. i even repped you for it :)

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 09:56 PM
I like posters who have played before also, but someone that comes in throwing around insults and calling names because they played a little ball in the past is going to get eaten alive around here.

very true i remeber my first week on here. i was oblivirated :gun:

DocBar
09-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Ok, I just re-watched it for the first time and it was pretty bad. His biggest mistake was that he didn't re-route him when he tried and Brees noticed he was lost after that. My mistake. Very bad technique there.Way to man up. Don't worry, I've had to eat my fair share of crow and then some.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Saints next possession,

10 yard out to Meachum, Joseph on the tackle

Lance Moore, quick slant from the slant, KJ with the tackle (9 yards)

Quick pass to Moore, same slant from the slant, good hit by KJ (9 yards) really good hit by KJ, he gets up talking smack... but you know.

Moore again with the quick slant, Nolan with the tackle

quick out to Sproles, Nolan... Sproles couldn't hold on. Incomplete

Touchdown to Moore, Jackson didn't see the ball coming. Jackson on the coverage... looked pretty good, Moore was about to cross his face, but saw the ball & bent back over his back shoulder.... Kareem didn't know the ball was coming.

The look on Kubiak's face says it all.

2 point conversion good to Lance Moore on JJo

badboy
09-25-2011, 10:01 PM
I like posters who have played before also, but someone that comes in throwing around insults and calling names because they played a little ball in the past is going to get eaten alive around here.I am going to chalk this one up to high emotions after a tough loss.

It means something to me when someone says "I am sorry" and means it.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 10:02 PM

La Marque has been cursed with coaches unfortunately. We had a head coach die in 85 named Hugh Massey in a car accident. Then in 98 we had 2 coaches die in a car accident coming back from Texas A&M. We've had some awesome coaches though. Tony Heath at Pearland won the state championship at Pearland last year beating the number 1 team in the country. He came from the La Marque coaching tree.

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl/1998_3086312/2-la-marque-coaches-killed-in-car-crash.html

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Saints next possession,

10 yard out to Meachum, Joseph on the tackle

Lance Moore, quick slant from the slant, KJ with the tackle (9 yards)

Quick pass to Moore, same slant from the slant, good hit by KJ (9 yards) really good hit by KJ, he gets up talking smack... but you know.

Moore again with the quick slant, Nolan with the tackle

quick out to Sproles, Nolan... Sproles couldn't hold on. Incomplete

Touchdown to Moore, Jackson didn't see the ball coming. Jackson on the coverage... looked pretty good, Moore was about to cross his face, but saw the ball & bent back over his back shoulder.... Kareem didn't know the ball was coming.

The look on Kubiak's face says it all.

2 point conversion good to Lance Moore on JJo

i've seen that face to often, i cant bare to see it again must wait for a texans win before i re watch the game again.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 10:08 PM
From the Saints 6. Kareem on Moore from the Slot.... 13 yard completion. Good tackle

Gram over the middle first down... Cushing

Incomplete to Sproles...... Quin on the coverage

Sproles for 12 yards .. Cushing ran him out of bounds

JJo gets away with the PI on Meachum

Brees for Meachum again..... bad throw... Jjo on the coverage

KJax hasn't been on the field this whole time, Allen is covering Moore, but they don't have Moore lining up in the slot.... Allen is still giving him 10 yards.

Big play to Graham.. all over Cushing..... personal foul on Manning (Bullsshhh)

Ingram runs it in for a touchdown.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 10:11 PM
From the Saints 6. Kareem on Moore from the Slot.... 13 yard completion. Good tackle

Gram over the middle first down... Cushing

Incomplete to Sproles...... Quin on the coverage

Sproles for 12 yards .. Cushing ran him out of bounds

JJo gets away with the PI on Meachum

Brees for Meachum again..... bad throw... Jjo on the coverage

KJax hasn't been on the field this whole time, Allen is covering Moore, but they don't have Moore lining up in the slot.... Allen is still giving him 10 yards.

Big play to Graham.. all over Cushing..... personal foul on Manning (Bullsshhh)

Ingram runs it in for a touchdown.

so why do u think they took Jackson out and put Allen in ?

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 10:12 PM

I apologized to him and I truly am sorry. We're all upset because the Texans lost. I handled it in the wrong way.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 10:16 PM
My DVR stopped there, I didn't add the 30 minute extension.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 10:17 PM
so why do u think they took Jackson out and put Allen in ?

Why do you think?

It's not because Allen is better. He'd be starting if that was the case.

EllisUnit
My DVR stopped there, I didn't add the 30 minute extension.

dman u missed out on the best part :brando: no loss

DBCooper
I apologized to him and I truly am sorry. We're all upset because the Texans lost. I handled it in the wrong way.

Look man, a difference of opinion is what this board is all about.

But as soon as you start calling someone a clown because you know more than they do, it's on!

I look forward to seeing your perspective in the future.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Why do you think?

i think because they saw on the possession before that they were picking on him and he was giving up catch after catch.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Look man, a difference of opinion is what this board is all about.

But as soon as you start calling someone a clown because you know more than they do, it's on!

I look forward to seeing your perspective in the future.

I was out of line definitely. Me and Ellis are homies now! lol..... But seriously I shouldn't have called anyone that. We all love the Texans and I shouldn't have said the things I did.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 10:23 PM
I was out of line definitely. Me and Ellis are homies now! lol..... But seriously I shouldn't have called anyone that. We all love the Texans and I shouldn't have said the things I did.

look i even dedicate my 1,000th post to reply to you :). Na its cool man we all get emotional over this game. My wife hates when the texans lose, she knows i will be in a "mood" all week. Just dont let it get the best of you man, i will give u a link to a "emotional over the top thread i started"

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 10:25 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79199

this is what happens when emotions run high :vincepalm: i came back and appologized about a month later

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 10:26 PM
i think because they saw on the possession before that they were picking on him and he was giving up catch after catch.

So what was happening in the first half when the Saints couldn't get much of anything going?

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 10:27 PM
So what was happening in the first half when the Saints couldn't get much of anything going?

we had blitzes coming from every where

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 10:29 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79199

this is what happens when emotions run high :vincepalm: i came back and appologized about a month later

Haha! yeah I don't feel so bad now. I just got through the first page and I see what you mean.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 10:32 PM
PS... What is this cat's deal?? Maybe's he's a twelve year old?

*EDIT*
PSS... Admins/Mods, please don't ban this guy!! Please, PLEASE.

I love a good laugh and need them often!!! This person makes for great entertainment and fodder!

that one is one of my favs.

Shaft75
09-25-2011, 10:34 PM
We played Lamarque my Jr year of high school. I knocked their qb out of the game. We got our arses kicked but injuring that loudmouth was worth it!

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 10:35 PM
that one is one of my favs.

I act like a kid sometimes myself. I had to go back and look what this whole thing started over. We're 2-1. Even par with the Patriots, Jets, Steelers, and Ravens. I think I'll take that.

Surreal McCoy
09-25-2011, 10:36 PM
He got beat this game? yeah!!!! But did you see Revis early last year? Did you see Deion when he got murdered by Irvin in the nfc championship? You dudes act like people don't have a bad game. Brady gave up a 21 point lead! I think NE needs to cut him!!!! He's been solid the rest of the year and goes up against a top 3 offense and gets beat along with the rest of the Defense. You guys are wack in my opinion I'm sorry.

hahah great post!!! Preach on brotha! repped ;)

Surreal McCoy
09-25-2011, 10:39 PM

Umm that's because they don't accept mediocraty (sic) like we do. I learned that right here on these very boards.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Umm that's because they don't accept mediocraty (sic) like we do. I learned that right here on these very boards.

because we are all not whining and crying like a bunch of 3 year olds. We went to New Orleans and Lost, they went to the raiders and lost. i think they have much more to be upset about IMO.

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 10:44 PM
because we are all not whining and crying like a bunch of 3 year olds. We went to New Orleans and Lost, they went to the raiders and lost. i think they have much more to be upset about IMO.

We'll get better I think. Mario needs to be much, much better though. He was a complete non-factor today. Its embarrassing for a player that dominating to get manhandled all game.

Corrosion
09-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Why do you think?

I think the two are about equal , Jackson gets the starting gig based upon his draft status and youth vs Allen being a junk heap salvage. :texanbill:

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 10:46 PM
We'll get better I think. Mario needs to be much, much better though. He was a complete non-factor today. Its embarrassing for a player that dominating to get manhandled all game.

ewww it seemed to me like he was getting pressure for the most part of the first half, and then in the 2nd half we went to a base defense for some reason and the whole D Line became pretty ineffective.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 10:49 PM
ewww it seemed to me like he was getting pressure for the most part of the first half, and then in the 2nd half we went to a base defense for some reason and the whole D Line became pretty ineffective.

When Mario got hurt, I didn't see any body do anything else.

I think that is very telling.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 10:51 PM
we had blitzes coming from every where

& what was the problem in the second half when KJ was getting picked on ?

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 10:52 PM
When Mario got hurt, I didn't see any body do anything else.

I think that is very telling.

speaking of that has anyone heard anything on that ? he looked ok when he was out there, maybe a bruised knee ?

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 10:55 PM
speaking of that has anyone heard anything on that ? he looked ok when he was out there, maybe a bruised knee ?

The front 7 as a whole was bad the 2nd half. I only single out Mario because he should never be blocked 1 on 1. He's too good for that.

Corrosion
09-25-2011, 10:56 PM
& what was the problem in the second half when KJ was getting picked on ?

There was still pressure on the pocket , the Aints just made the adjustments with a bunch of quicker routes and Brees escaped a few times making something out of nothing.

Rey
09-25-2011, 10:59 PM
I think the two are about equal , Jackson gets the starting gig based upon his draft status and youth vs Allen being a junk heap salvage. :texanbill:

Neither one of them are the type if corner I want.

Kareem can still get better, but at this junction I don't really care for him. I'm ready to see mcmannis and Brandon Harris get some action.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Kareem can still get better, but at this junction I don't really care for him. I'm ready to see mcmannis and Brandon Harris get some action.

I agree, they're practically the same player.

How bad must they be if they can't steal playing time from Jason Allen?

We all know KJ has his spot because of where he was drafted. But Allen? JJo is our vet, we don't need one on the bench.

McMannis or Harris should have been getting those snaps that Jason's got over the last three games.....

TimeKiller
09-26-2011, 07:48 AM
KJ FAIL THREAD # 6,733

Dude is a straight up chump.

El Tejano
09-26-2011, 08:10 AM
It was obvious that when Mario was out, they were going to take their time to pick on our weakest linik - CREAM Jackson.

Mr teX
09-26-2011, 08:53 AM
they've been one of the most explosive offenses in the league over the last 5 years. they also have 1 of the best qb's in the league over the last 5 years or so at the helm. they were also playing at home. did anybody really think that our secondary wasn't going to struggle against them?

last i checked, everybody in our secondary got lit up.

Quinn gave up the TD to graham

j.jo gave up the TD to Meachem & 2 -2point conversions

K-jac gave up the TD to Moore

manning had an idiotic penalty at the worst possible time.

All in all however, if thats what its gonna take to beat us week in week out, (40 pts) then i'll go ahead and say that i think we're in pretty good shape, b/c despite this game, i still think we are much improved on defense & we will not be facing any more offenses as explosive as these guy guys are. the only offense in the league with that kind of PROVENexplosiveness are the packers.

badboy
09-26-2011, 09:02 AM
There was still pressure on the pocket , the Aints just made the adjustments with a bunch of quicker routes and Brees escaped a few times making something out of nothing.Exactly. If a QB uses a quick release, the Dline has no chance to get there. Your DBs and LBs going into coverage have to negate the play and/or make the receiver regret the catch.

chicagotexan2
09-26-2011, 09:06 AM
I know man, I have been giving him the benefit of the doubt, but he is not getting it.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt too, but I'm starting to believe he just doesn't have it. Would a move to safety be out of the question?

silvrhand
09-26-2011, 09:12 AM
On the KJ touchdown does anyone know why the safety picked on the 10 yard out route leaving KJ with no help over the top. All the DB's were still talking at the snap of the ball it looked like they had no idea what they needed to do still.

BTW, everyone got lit up yesterday not just KJ.. Joseph got two two point conversions on him and a TD as well. So it's not like just one person did bad. We had Cushing trying to cover Sproles as well, that was a joke.

It was just ugly at the end, we should have taken a timeout and regain our composure and try to slow them down. We left the game with two timeouts that meant jack.