PDA

View Full Version : Houston Texans vs. Nawlins Aints Gameday Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

TexansForTheW
09-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Anyone who actually blames this loss on the refs is an total freaking *****. Shut up with that silly noise.

You can't blame people for being mad. It's an emotional time for people who are very in to this team. So how bout you please shut up sir.

HTown2ATX
This is what you get when you can't convert red zone opportunities into seven points.

FUQNG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need someone to remind that hey, we played close on the road so allo is well blah blah blah.

Why the F was KJ left on the field to get burnt the F up???

It's funny how 3rd down for our D is all too often really just a 1st down waiting to be had for opposing offenses.

Before I get flamed...I am NOT saying the season is over and I know our D is still growing, I know the Saints are good and we were on the road blah blah blah.

Truth is we had this game and could have dominated and melted the F down....

Sound familiar?

Thank GOD I have my daughter and wasn't drinking today...may have been the end of my TV.

Brandon420tx
So what exactly is different about the team this year? Looks like the same ole' shit.

Its not even close. Night and Day from last year

Showtime100
09-25-2011, 04:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8cWps.gif

Wow, I made that.

devo-x
It's one game against a great team but still think the Texans come back next week to win against the Steelers!

TIme to work on red-zone plays in practice

TexanSam
This is the mentality that reeks mediocrity.

I'm not happy that we didn't win the game, but we aren't gonna go 16-0 either. Let's see how they respond next week after a tough loss today. Then we'll see what the Texans are really made of.

DexmanC
Wow. Another COLOSSAL-WAY-TO-LOSE against YET ANOTHER
CONTENDING TEAM.

hradhak
Disappointed not with the loss but with the way we lost. We left too many points on the board.

redwhiteANDblue
09-25-2011, 04:16 PM
A terrible all around game. I'm not happy at all right now

cdollaz
You can't blame people for being mad. It's an emotional time for people who are very in to this team. So how bout you please shut up sir.

I am just as much into the team as anyone, genius. And I am able to be realistic and put fault where it truly lies. Blaming the refs is lame.

XI CMURDER IX
I don't know about you guys, but the announcers told me that Sproles is the best thing since sliced bread!

On a more serious note, the Texans played one heck of a game today. Once Foster comes back, and Kubiak has some more faith in the running game in the red zone. Then we can cash in on more touchdowns.

Like I said before though earlier this week. The Texans came in and competed with probably one of the best teams in the league.

axman40
Saints 40 Texans 33
http://surfwithberserk.com/img/funny/epic_fails/54.jpg

TexCanada
09-25-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm not happy either, but this was probably THE TOUGHEST game on our entire schedule this year.

Naiirb
Mario and Barwin with the goose eggs today. Brees had all day to pick apart our secondary

DerekLee1
He got ripped but who we got that can play better? We need to give whomever is in that spot help ALL the time

I'd rather see McCain, although he didn't look much better.

TexansForTheW
Anyone else wish we had the league leadings rusher back. Damnit.

TheMatrix31
09-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Need Foster back. Need Ward back. Need Jackson off.

HTown2ATX
09-25-2011, 04:19 PM
A field goal shuts TK up today.
I'm TIRED of "Moral Victories" EVERY TIME the Texans
play contending teams.

Wish I could rep you twice in a row man (just repped)....right on man.

I'm sure I'll be called a "radio caller" or some bullshit for not just being happy with "playing close".

Fact is the score should have been way higher in our favor IMO. 3 RZ trips INSIDE the 10 = 3 FG's.....maximum FAIL

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 04:20 PM
A field goal shuts TK up today.
I'm TIRED of "Moral Victories" EVERY TIME the Texans
play contending teams.

Helll no

I'll take a moral victory today.

We weren't even supposed to be in this game... & we owned for 3 Qtrs.... I'd rather build on that, than throw it out the window like it never happened.

Only an ***** would have expected us to win this game. A smart man would have given us a chance, & we had a chance.

We could cry over last weeks game (which this is now), or we can get ready for next week by building on what we have here & there is a lot for us to build on.

Chance_C
Hats off to the Saints. We all know that field goals cost us this game. The Saints offense is awesome as is ours. I hate we lost but damn what a game. I think we are gonna have a heck of a season. We went toe to toe with one of the best today and I think we gained respect today instead of losing it.

Textan
Same ole Texans........with the same ole coach. Extremely predictable play calling. Lost count on how many red zones that we came away with three. A game we coulda, shoulda, woulda, but there's always next year, or the year after.:koolaid:

gafftop
09-25-2011, 04:21 PM
Kubiak gets outcoached again. Red zone creativity sucks. Foster would probably have helped in red zone.
Kubiak conservative when 9 points up. Gotta go all out all the time on offense.
KJ not an NFL player. Who was the other guy that never looked for the ball.
99 is a player. Smith looked good. The rest of pass rush .....
Schaub NOT elite.
Texans still should be favorites for division. Time for improvement.

TheMatrix31
09-25-2011, 04:21 PM
Did we forget Andre Johnson existed?

gafftop
09-25-2011, 04:22 PM
I would take the Bills Harvard QB over Schaub.

Naiirb
09-25-2011, 04:23 PM
At least the Bills beating the Patriots will take over ESPN and we wont have to "Same ol' Texans" from "Analyst" all week.

LonerATO
09-25-2011, 04:23 PM

With the two INT's that he threw today?

BullNation4Life
09-25-2011, 04:24 PM

He just beat the PATS....

TexanSam
09-25-2011, 04:25 PM
This is frustrating. The loss makes it look like the same old Texans. I just hope they're not. I hope we can respond after a tough loss like this one next week against the Steelers.

BullNation4Life
09-25-2011, 04:25 PM
With the two INT's that he threw today?

Did he get the W? all that counts....

TheMatrix31
09-25-2011, 04:26 PM
He just beat the PATS....

So what? Schaub's beaten the Patriots too.

Good lord this reactionary bullshit has got to stop.

AnthonyE
Helll no

We weren't even supposed to be in this game... & we owned for 3 Qtrs.... I'd rather build on that, than throw it out the window like it never happened.

Only an ***** would have expected us to win this game. A smart man would have given us a chance, & we had a chance.

We could cry over last weeks game (which this is now), or we can get ready for next week by building on what we have here & there is a lot for us to build on.

Consider me an ***** then. I fully expected us to win this game.

srrono

Schaub 22-39 373yds 3td 1int isnt all his fault

rmartin65
Oh please. This wasn't coaching. This was Drew Brees throwing to whoever Kareem Jackson was covering in the 4th.

No it wasnt. Yes, KJ contributed, but it is still a coaching deal. Why? Because you have to know how to protect your weaker players/positions. So either dont have KJ out there, or put him in a position to succeed. Both coaching options, and I prefer the first.

But the most grievous coaching mistake is in regards to the RZ offense. For real? 4 in a row, 4 field goals. That is sixteen (16) points left on the board. Convert on just half of them, and that is a Texans win.

Also, why did he abandon the running game? 10 rushes the entire second half (if I counted right). 10. Cant expect to win with poor clock management, which has been a Kubiak failing for years.

Naiirb
09-25-2011, 04:27 PM
If were gonna lose a game it might as well be against an NFC team and Drew Brees. Hopefully the team can bounce back next week and go 3-1.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Now we get to see if the Saints fans were right.

They said if the Texans' lose, we'll have a bunch of "fans" falling off the wagon.

TheMatrix31
09-25-2011, 04:28 PM

They said if the Texans' lose, we'll have a bunch of "fans" falling off the wagon.

Saints fans should shut the hell up if they're talking about bandwagons.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Consider me an ***** then. I fully expected us to win this game.

Not a problem, I can do that.

Malloy
09-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Kubiak gets outcoached again. Red zone creativity sucks. Foster would probably have helped in red zone.
Kubiak conservative when 9 points up. Gotta go all out all the time on offense.
KJ not an NFL player. Who was the other guy that never looked for the ball.
99 is a player. Smith looked good. The rest of pass rush .....
Schaub NOT elite.
Texans still should be favorites for division. Time for improvement.

Short of seeing less bootlegs, I kept expecting runs in the fourth (when we were ahead) but we kept throwing it. We actually did things differently this time around.

KA4Texan
09-25-2011, 04:29 PM

I would take the duck from afflac over Kubiak

Its painfully obvious, but Ill say it anyway, FGs lost us this game, not Schaub, the man gets you down the field he ISN'T the problem.

MEGA SWATT
09-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Saints fans should shut the hell up if they're talking about bandwagons.

Yep. I wonder how the game would have gone with Arian entering this 3rd game in rhythm after playing the first 2 games with no hamstring issues.

You can't beat a good team by kicking field goals over and over.

SAMURAITEXAN
09-25-2011, 04:31 PM
We knew this game is going to be a tough one and that's what exactly we got.

Go Texans!!!

Textan
09-25-2011, 04:33 PM

You talking about the won three Super Bowls wagon?
Maybe the always make the play off's wagon?
What wagon are you talking about?
The mediocre never been to the play off's wagon, yeah that's the ticket.:sarcasm:

TheGoldenGreek
09-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Well that one hurt, just as I suspected it would. Going in to this game we all understood that we were going into one of the toughest places to play against an elite NFL team. Nobody expected the Texans to win this game. We played tough and had a chance to win the game in the end which is just what we should've been hoping for. It would've been amazing to win this one but let's not go all doom and gloom on a team that is 2-1 and lost a close one to one of the NFL's best. We have another elite team coming to Kirby Drive next weekend and I'm confident we'll take care of business at home.

nytexan
09-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Schaub 22-39 373yds 3td 1int isnt all his fault

No it wasn't all his fault but I lost respect for him. When Brees was rushed he made extra time and made a play. When Schaub was rushed, he panicked, got shaky knees and didn't make a play. Ball game.

If I was to 2nd guess our coaching staff, I thought the 2 possesions we had inside of 10 minutes left in the game, we should have attempted to pound the ball instead of putting the game in shaky knee's hand. 3 and out and an INT. I thought we should have attempted to take some time off the clock. It was an entertaining game if not a win against a very good team on the road. We can build on this and we missed Foster/Ward. Slaton just can't get you a yard.

Casey, Daniels and Andre had big games. The defense suffered when Mario couldn't go. You can see the lack of pressure from the entire D when he leaves the game also.

The only other thing I noticed was Sproles stealing both shoes from Nolan. Both time Nolan tried to take aim at him, Sproles just left him in the dust. Didn't even lay a hand on him.

HTown2ATX
09-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Helll no

:vincepalm:

TK come on man.......

I didn't "expect" us to win this game....but when we clearly could have dominated and then the team collectively sharted their pants.....unacceptable dude.

Eerily similar to last year.

This team has had long enogh to grow up......D is still learning I know but in the end this is a FAIL. See Detroit....they seem to be learning how to win.

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 04:50 PM
So what? Schaub's beaten the Patriots too.

Good lord this reactionary bullshit has got to stop.

Going to be a long week here. People will talk as if we are 0-3 and just lost to the Chiefs.

Watch. Mario sucks, Kareem is the worst CB in the NFL, Matt isn't a winner...gonna get a lot of that this week.

Yes the Bills beat the Pats, please ppl recognize that it is a DIVISIONAL game. **** happens in those games.

Nawzer
09-25-2011, 04:50 PM
This loss falls squarely on Kubiak. His HORRENDOUS play calls when we had the ball 3 times at their goal line cost us the game. I didn't expect us to win, but man Kubiak needs a lobotomy or something. It's all on him this time for real! Getting that close and not coming away with touchdowns at least twice is inexcusable.

Season is not over, but this was a huge opportunity that the Texans had but another typical performance by them late in the game.

Chance_C
09-25-2011, 04:53 PM
If you are the caller that just called 610 please own up to it so I can disregard anything you ever say!

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 04:54 PM

TK come on man.......

I didn't "expect" us to win this game....but when we clearly could have dominated and then the team collectively sharted their pants.....unacceptable dude.

This team has had long enogh to grow up......D is still learning I know but in the end this is a FAIL. See Detroit....they seem to be learning how to win.

Lets see what happens when Detroit plays a contender like the Saints.

TheMatrix31
09-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Going to be a long week here. People will talk as if we are 0-3 and just lost to the Chiefs.

Watch. Mario sucks, Kareem is the worst CB in the NFL, Matt isn't a winner...gonna get a lot of that this week.

Yes the Bills beat the Pats, please ppl recognize that it is a DIVISIONAL game. **** happens in those games.

Well Kareem is very bad. I'll give them that one.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 04:55 PM

TK come on man.......

If we're talking about Miami, Titans, Jaguars...... maybe.

This was supposed to be a gauge of where we are.

I know we've still got coaching issues on both sides of the ball. But I think the team is good enough to get it done.

We're still only three games into this defense. I think the Texans spoiled us over the two previous games & some of us were just playing lip service to what this game really meant.

Nobody wins 16 games.

The big thing for us is how we follow this game up. If we loose next week, for any reason I'll be with DexmanC & turn in my Texans fan card.

But I know we can play with anybody. I know we've got 13 games to put together a winning season & a playoff run.

It's not like any of those teams we scored 20 points on in the 4th Qtr gave up & laid down for the rest of the season.

TexanSam
09-25-2011, 04:56 PM
The big thing for us is how we follow this game up. If we loose next week, for any reason I'll be with DexmanC & turn in my Texans fan card.

This. Except for the turning in my fan card.

HTown2ATX
09-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Lets see what happens when Detroit plays a contender like the Saints.

mmmk...

How about the Bills today? We would consider the Patriots contendors no? Bills beat them.

Lions were down by a lot today, on the road in a divisional game and won to go 3-0. Sorry, I give them credit for that.

TheMatrix31
09-25-2011, 05:02 PM
mmmk...

How about the Bills today? We would consider the Patriots contendors no? Bills beat them.

Lions were down by a lot today, on the road in a divisional game and won to go 3-0. Sorry, I give them credit for that.

So what? We beat the Colts last year in a divisional game too. We DEMOLISHED them , actually. Where did that get us? What did we measure up to?

Who CARES about these other teams?

devo-x
09-25-2011, 05:03 PM
It was not a good game but still think they take this tough loss seriously, learn from it, forget about last week and come out against the Steelers to start correcting some of their "miscues" for a dominating performance/win next week. It's not the end of the world that they lost to the Saints.

I'm watching to see how they respond to the pressure next week

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 05:03 PM
mmmk...

Bills and Patriots are in the same division. Anyone that has watched the NFL for over 5 years knows that these games are truly ANY given sunday. I'm not saying they are not impressive just that throughout the NFL these kinda games always happen within the division...also the Bills were at home.

TheMatrix31
09-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Let's not forget that our D held Brees Saints to 10 points in the first half until he realized that he has a lot of weapons and that Kareem Jackson sucks.

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 05:07 PM
So what? We beat the Colts last year in a divisional game too. We DEMOLISHED them , actually. Where did that get us? What did we measure up to?

Jags beat the Titans with McCown as the QB and it looks like the Titans are the better team. How many times have we beat the Jags when our team sucked? Division games are always the toughest.

Also I get tired of people comparing our team to another situation. Give the Bills props for what they did though, but them beating the Patriots does not make the Texans a lesser team.

HTown2ATX
09-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Bills and Patriots are in the same division. Anyone that has watched the NFL for over 5 years knows that these games are truly ANY given sunday. I'm not saying they are not impressive just that throughout the NFL these kinda games always happen within the division...also the Bills were at home.

Hahaha...really hoping you are not implying I don't know football or some assinine stuff.....that would be hilarious.

Yeah I realize it was a divisional game, so what, this game made the Bills 3-0....not some upset where it now makes them 1-2. They nutted up, came from behind and did what they had to. /end

HTown2ATX
09-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Jags beat the Titans with McCown as the QB and it looks like the Titans are the better team. How many times have we beat the Jags when our team sucked? Division games are always the toughest.

Also I get tired of people comparing our team to another situation. Give the Bills props for what they did though, but them beating the Patriots does not make the Texans a lesser team.

:vincepalm::vincepalm::vincepalm::vincepalm::vince palm:

No one is saying the Texans are a lesser team........frustrated that the Texans can't finish what they start...which happens all too often.

It stinks how any criticism of this sacred team somehow magically means the person pointing out the problem is saying the Texans season is over, fire everyone and everyone sucks.....

That's not what I'm saying at least.

ziggy29
09-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Quote from ESPN's Paul Kuharsky:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/28478/rapid-reaction-saints-40-texans-33

What it means: The Texans reverted to their old ways, failing to put away an opponent when they were playing well enough to do just that.

What's that many of us said about Kubiak teams lacking the killer instinct, about Kubiak teams having trouble finishing what they start?

HTown2ATX
09-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Quote from ESPN's Paul Kuharsky:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/28478/rapid-reaction-saints-40-texans-33

What's that many of us said about Kubiak teams lacking the killer instinct, about Kubiak teams having trouble finishing what they start?

Whoa, you must be one of those dumbass over reaction fans that doesn't know football!!!!!

http://mimg.ugo.com/201104/0/5/1/187150/cuts/goobacks_480_poster.jpg

:sarcasm:

TheMatrix31
09-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Kuharsky IS a moron then. Because this wasn't reverting to our old ways. If we were reverting to our old ways, the Saints would have beaten us like 54-13.

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Hahaha...really hoping you are not implying I don't know football or some assinine stuff.....that would be hilarious.

Yeah I realize it was a divisional game, so what, this game made the Bills 3-0....not some upset where it now makes them 1-2. They nutted up, came from behind and did what they had to. /end

Why are the Bills even relevant to the Texans loss right now?

That's what I wanna know.

ziggy29
09-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Kuharsky IS a moron then. Because this wasn't reverting to our old ways. If we were reverting to our old ways, the Saints would have beaten us like 54-13.

I think the point is that the script was familiar -- that the Texans can mostly control the first half, lose control of it in the second half and fail to execute in the second half like in the first -- not that this a no-talent expansion team.

There's no shame at all in losing a close one to one of the NFL's best teams on the road. This is a very talented team But *how* the Texans lost the game was just depressingly familiar, and it's a script that can't keep repeating if they are (as I believe they can be) to make strides toward becoming one of the NFL's elite teams.

ziggy29
09-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Whoa, you must be one of those dumbass over reaction fans that doesn't know football!!!!!

Whoa, you must be one of those Dale Carnegie graduates. (where's that sarcasm icon?) Just the same, it was depressingly familiar, even if an "upgraded" version of "depressingly familiar" this year.

HTown2ATX
09-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Why are the Bills even relevant to the Texans loss right now?

That's what I wanna know.

Because it shows that not every team needs all this time and excuses to start winning.

Also, while I stand behind the points I am making, I am not trying to attack you to be clear. I'm just frustrated right now.

HTown2ATX
09-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Whoa, you must be one of those Dale Carnegie graduates. (where's that sarcasm icon?)

edit

haha....i posted before you edited in response to you then saw your edit about sarcasm....so....if you happened to see what i had up a sec ago...please disregard.

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Because it shows that not every team needs all this time and excuses to start winning.

Also, while I stand behind the points I am making, I am not trying to attack you to be clear. I'm just frustrated right now.

Texans are 2-1 though. They are winning.

HTown2ATX
09-25-2011, 05:32 PM
Texans are 2-1 though. They are winning.

nevermind

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 05:39 PM

nevermind

Exactly.

Teams that are 2-1...

Saints...Patriots...most likely the Chargers...Steelers.

So I don't understand how the Texans are not winning. People need to chill out and let the season play out. They lost to a good team, it happens.

ziggy29
09-25-2011, 05:47 PM
So I don't understand how the Texans are not winning. People need to chill out and let the season play out. They lost to a good team, it happens.

I think it's because of the *way* the team lost, one that points to coaching, and making people wonder if this team -- no matter *how* talented -- can stop letting games "get away" from them in the second half. No Gary Kubiak team has demonstrated that killer instinct.

If the Saints blew us out -- oh well, maybe we're not "ready for prime time."

If it were close but the Saints were mostly leading from beginning to end, you got beat by a great team on the road that was just a little bit better than you. No problem, no worries.

But this loss -- the style of the loss if nothing else (and even if the similarity to past Texans teams ends there) -- is like watching Groundhog Day. Give Kubiak and Belichick the same team and a 14-point halftime lead, and which team do you think is more likely to win? Which team is more likely to show the killer instinct and finish what they started, and which team is more likely to take the foot off the accelerator and then fail to recover when they start to lose control?

That's not a statement about the talent on the team -- not at all. And yes, you have to tip your cap (helmet) to the Saints. But the Texans need to follow up strong a first half with a strong second half if they are to be the team most of us think they can (and should) be.

mugrakers
09-25-2011, 05:50 PM
I think it's because of the *way* the team lost, one that points to coaching, and making people wonder if this team -- no matter *how* talented -- can stop letting games "get away" from them in the second half. No Gary Kubiak team has demonstrated that killer instinct.

If the Saints blew us out -- oh well, maybe we're not "ready for prime time."

If it were close but the Saints were mostly leading from beginning to end, you got beat by a great team on the road that was just a little bit better than you. No problem, no worries.

But this loss -- the style of the loss if nothing else (and even if the similarity to past Texans teams ends there) -- is like watching Groundhog Day. Give Kubiak and Belichick the same team and a 14-point halftime lead, and which team do you think is more likely to win? Which team is more likely to show the killer instinct and finish what they started, and which team is more likely to take the foot off the accelerator and then fail to recover when they start to lose control?

That's not a statement about the talent on the team -- not at all. And yes, you have to tip your cap (helmet) to the Saints. But the Texans need to follow up strong a first half with a strong second half if they are to be the team most of us think they can (and should) be.

Actually Bellichek gave up a 21 point lead today and lost the game as well.

ziggy29
09-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Actually Bellichek gave up a 21 point lead today and lost the game as well.

True. But they had already lost momentum well before halftime.

HTown2ATX
09-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Exactly.

Teams that are 2-1...

Saints...Patriots...most likely the Chargers...Steelers.

Lol......no not exactly.

I can't keep talking logic that won't be absorbed at this point. You think what you need to to feel good about whatever you need to.

This is why that :vincepalm:

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Lol......no not exactly.

I can't keep talking logic that won't be absorbed at this point. You think what you need to to feel good about whatever you need to.

This is why that :vincepalm:

Logic? Fact is the team is 2-1 not a bad record at all throughout the first three weeks considering who we beat and who we lost to.

Remember last year how we lost our first game against our first real 'test'?

It wasn't even close. We got blown out and embarrassed against the Cowboys. That's not even the point, the point is you are allowed to lose some games, especially against a great team that is a superbowl contender.

rmartin65
09-25-2011, 06:28 PM
The teams we beat are still winless, so it means jack that we are 2-1. We are 0-1 against teams that have won games this season.

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 06:36 PM
The teams we beat are still winless, so it means jack that we are 2-1. We are 0-1 against teams that have won games this season.

So?

The Steelers will have beat two winless teams also if they win tonight.

It's too early in the season to be saying the Texans can't beat good teams when they've only lost to one.

Speedy
09-25-2011, 06:38 PM

Funny how people just gloss over things like that.

It's one game of 16.

People don't give credit to the Texans for their 2-0 start because they played a Manning-less Colts and a suckbutt Miami, but want to turn right around and give the Lions all kinds of love for beating the Chiefs, Bucs and Vikes. Who have they played?

Some of you people just need to go back to your Madden football and just stay away from the real stuff.

rmartin65
09-25-2011, 06:55 PM
So?

The Steelers will have beat two winless teams also if they win tonight.

It's too early in the season to be saying the Texans can't beat good teams when they've only lost to one.

The Steelers have a history of winning. The Texans have a history of looking when there is no pressure.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice (or, actually, 4, the amount of seasons we have been expecting the play-offs), shame on me. I need the Texans to prove that they are for real, against real teams. That means not only playing on the same field as real teams, but beating real teams.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 06:57 PM
mmmk...

Except it's a division game. It's like us beating the Colts, with Manning.

& they were at home.

fiasco west
09-25-2011, 07:06 PM
The Steelers have a history of winning. The Texans have a history of looking when there is no pressure.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice (or, actually, 4, the amount of seasons we have been expecting the play-offs), shame on me. I need the Texans to prove that they are for real, against real teams. That means not only playing on the same field as real teams, but beating real teams.

You are right they do have to prove it. There are 13 more games left for them to do just that. Think it is way too early to say that they can't beat the good teams right now, that rings true for a lot of teams because they have yet to even play many good teams.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 07:11 PM

So you think the Bills will go 16-0 this season?

They can lose to Cincy on the road next week, we could beat the Steelers at home, we'll both be 3-1 & leading our divisions.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 07:13 PM

So what does the Saints week 1 loss mean?

HTown2ATX
09-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Funny how people just gloss over things like that.

It's one game of 16.

People don't give credit to the Texans for their 2-0 start because they played a Manning-less Colts and a suckbutt Miami, but want to turn right around and give the Lions all kinds of love for beating the Chiefs, Bucs and Vikes. Who have they played?

Some of you people just need to go back to your Madden football and just stay away from the real stuff.

You're right, it's only 1 game. It's not that we lost but how we lost.

On the Madden comment......

http://www.asseenontvus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/shake-weight-for-men.jpg

The whole "you don't know football...go play madden" stuff is the equivalent to a your momma comeback from 1st grade. It's ok if we disagree.

GuerillaBlack
09-25-2011, 08:03 PM

Almost like what the Texans did against the Redskins last season in week two right?

Speedy
09-25-2011, 08:26 PM
You're right, it's only 1 game. It's not that we lost but how we lost.

On the Madden comment......

http://www.asseenontvus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/shake-weight-for-men.jpg

The whole "you don't know football...go play madden" stuff is the equivalent to a your momma comeback from 1st grade. It's ok if we disagree.

I'm rubber, you're glue........ah forget it.

HTown2ATX
09-25-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm rubber, you're glue........ah forget it.

:handshake:

lol....repped...that made me laugh.

brakos82
09-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Ryan, we're taking away your gameday-thread-starting license. :bat:

kthxbai

kiwitexansfan
09-25-2011, 11:29 PM
http://www.nycmovieguru.com/moviepics/chickenlittle.jpg

In this case even he would say "Get over it".

gtexan02
09-26-2011, 09:00 AM
The funny thing is that whether this game means something going forward or means nothing going forward is impossible to know.

When we lost to the Cowboys a lot of people can now say "See, i told you that was the beginning of the end" but no one truly knows. The NFL is not easily predicted. We will need to wait until a few games down the line before we know whether this game is indicative of a trend or a single occurrence

thunderkyss
09-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Does anyone want to curse Sean Payton for taking three points off the board & taking a knee instead of running up the score?

Norg
09-27-2011, 12:20 AM
Just a question

on our last 3rd down play when Schaub got tapped on the helmet and preceded to fall down for the sack he was on the ground for at least 2 secs and then another saints player ran over to him and fell on him ...... NOW ISNT THAT A FLAG ?????????

Kimmy
09-27-2011, 12:50 AM
I vote we don't make fun of opposing teams in gameday thread titles.

Makes us look like idjits when we lose.

It's a man up Monday

Norg
09-27-2011, 01:25 AM
I vote we don't make fun of opposing teams in gameday thread titles.

Makes us look like idjits when we lose.

It's a man up Monday

No its I CANT FORGET TUES : (

kiwitexansfan
09-27-2011, 05:01 PM
No its I CANT FORGET TUES : (

Not here, here it's already Whinging Wednesday.

GP
09-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Does anyone want to curse Sean Payton for taking three points off the board & taking a knee instead of running up the score?

Honestly, I've grown to the point where "Yes, please score on me."

If I can't stop you, that's on ME.

This isn't for charity. This isn't for fun. Play football, don't weenie out and claim you were being "classy" or trying to avoid a game-changing fumble/interception. If you're knocking on my door, bust the sum'buck wide open and make yourself at home.

Obviously, if you're at mid-field and you want to drain the clock...go ahead and run it out. If you're moving the ball, and you want to tack on another TD because you're at my 2 and you got 3 downs to get a TD, then by all means go ahead. If I can't stop you, I can't stop you. Such is life.

I'm tired of platitudes and shallow "respect."

The Saints, over time, wore us down and broke us. By all means, I would not have been mad if Payton decided to score a TD. Hell, if we had stopped them it might have put some gumption into our guys on defense for this coming week, instead of going out with a whimper.

Ryan
09-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Ryan, we're taking away your gameday-thread-starting license. :bat:

kthxbai

Hey, i was good with it last year when i started the first two:vincepalm:

Maybe i'll just ban myself from starting any gameday threads after week two, but the name calling thing was working for the first two weeks this year so i went with it :kitten: