PDA

View Full Version : Friday night lights!!!

SheTexan
09-24-2011, 08:38 AM
WOW!! An amazing football game between LP Bulldogs and DP Deer! Old rivals taking it to overtime with LP coming out with the win!! YEA!!

So glad to have a grandkid in High School again! Loving every minute of it!!

Interesting the way they do overtime in HS football. Haven't seen a game go into overtime in such a long time I didn't know what they were going to do. Both teams get a chance to either kick a FG or score a TD. They start at the 25 and go from there. DP won the toss, took the FG. LP managed to score! Final score 34-31.

Congrats to the DAWGS!! A fantastic, and very fun, game!!!!!

jaayteetx
09-24-2011, 08:49 AM
LPHS alum, class of 92...way to go Dawgs!

b0ng
10-15-2011, 11:07 AM
I've been watching the Deer the last few weeks and man their QB is really good (Austin Rainer is his name).

Vinny
11-11-2011, 10:46 PM
just got back from the game...La Porte wins their first rd playoff game tonight vs PA Memorial. 35-7 (not a pic from the game) OLB/RB Hoza Scott pictured

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=1708804&width=628&height=471

GlassHalfFull
11-12-2011, 06:14 AM
My son's team plays tonight at 7 pm at Tully stadium. Go Cards!!!

hobie
11-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Katy once again favored to win 5A DivII. They ran right thru everyone so far, I think the most anyone scored against them was 14..

Vinny
11-19-2011, 09:28 AM
La Porte takes on the Fort Bend Bush Broncos at 1 at Abshire Stadium in Deer Park today...should be a Bulldog win. Hosa Scott on the edge is a beast. La Porte plays really good defense. They are fast and big.

La Porte vs. Fort Bend Bush, 1:00 p.m. Saturday, Deer Park
Here's a fascinating matchup — the easy pick here would be La Porte, which ended up sweeping a far tougher district than Bush's 23-5A, while the Broncos came in second to Hightower. The Bulldogs should also have a pronounced edge defensively, where it's seen and defeated the likes of Beaumont West Brook, PA Memorial, Channelview, North Shore and even Deer Park. But there's just something about Bush that makes me think they're very much in this game; coach Allen Aldridge has done such a great job with the program, and they seem to be unable to say die, even in underdog matchups. Ultimately, I think La Porte RB Keith Whitely is going to win this game for LP, but don't be surprised if Bush goes down fighting, a thriller to the end.
Travis' pick: La Porte 34, FB Bush 28 - from a Fort Bend newspaper

Honoring Earl 34
11-19-2011, 10:00 AM
La Porte takes on the Fort Bend Bush Broncos at 1 at Abshire Stadium in Deer Park today...should be a Bulldog win. Hosa Scott on the edge is a beast. La Porte plays really good defense. They are fast and big.

#1 son played against Clements and Derek Carr there in 07 in the playoffs . The game changed after a fumble that should have been nothing because the RB had his facemask pulled half off . Their was a flag but it was holding on us . My friend was the sideline judge and monday at work I got on him about missing that call . He told me it wasn't him cause he pulled a hammy right before that . Exciting times those playoffs are .

Vinny
11-19-2011, 10:08 AM
#1 son played against Clements and Derek Carr there in 07 in the playoffs . The game changed after a fumble that should have been nothing because the RB had his facemask pulled half off . Their was a flag but it was holding on us . My friend was the sideline judge and monday at work I got on him about missing that call . He told me it wasn't him cause he pulled a hammy right before that . Exciting times those playoffs are .
nice and yeah, everyone in this community is excited. My neighbor is going too, and he doesn't make many HS games but he is a La Porte grad from way back and (the last decade or so) La Porte hasn't been as dynamic a team as they used to be in the past when they were a dominant, dominant area power, so this is a nice flashback. It helps when the game is in our backyard also. Easy road trip to Deer Park Stadium. Keith Whitely and Hoza Scott are game changers and difference makers. Look for both of them to have big games. I think OLB Scott (La Porte runs a base 3-4 defense) has NCAA Division 1 potential. Texas A&M is recruiting him hard from what he tells me....he's a physical freak - nice kid too.

SheTexan
11-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Pullin for LaPorte Bulldogs to pull this one off! I started to go, esp since DP stadium is almost within walking distance of my house, but, to many things going on for it to happen today. If they win today, I think they meet Katy next. Should be interesting.

Viinny! Did you go to the game? Let me know what ya think!

Vinny
11-19-2011, 01:36 PM
I didn't go since I have my Mother's birthday and some previous commitments to deal with. I'm getting some updates though. At the end of the first quarter La Porte is winning 21-0. On the first play of the second quarter we picked them off and ran it back in for a TD to increase the lead...so right now it looks like a good time for the Bulldog crowd. I'll update the quarters for you.

SheTexan
11-19-2011, 02:01 PM
WooooHoooo!! Thanks Vinny! GOOOO DAWGS!!

I'll be leaving about 4 to go across town to see my granddaugher dance, but, keep me posted anyway. Looks like a win though for the Dawgs!!

Vinny
11-19-2011, 02:03 PM
35-0 right before the half. Looks like a rout!

Vinny
11-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Fort Bend Bush with 31 total yards at the half. 2 passing, 29 rushing
La Porte with 149 on the ground and 177 total offense at halftime.

Vinny
11-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Bush just scored their first touchdown. PAT blocked. 42-6 Bulldogs

SheTexan
11-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Has DP and Pearland played yet? Any news?

Honoring Earl 34
11-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Has DP and Pearland played yet? Any news?

Pearland won big . Like 44 to 7 .

Honoring Earl 34
11-19-2011, 03:14 PM
nice and yeah, everyone in this community is excited. My neighbor is going too, and he doesn't make many HS games but he is a La Porte grad from way back and (the last decade or so) La Porte hasn't been as dynamic a team as they used to be in the past when they were a dominant, dominant area power, so this is a nice flashback. It helps when the game is in our backyard also. Easy road trip to Deer Park Stadium. Keith Whitely and Hoza Scott are game changers and difference makers. Look for both of them to have big games. I think OLB Scott (La Porte runs a base 3-4 defense) has NCAA Division 1 potential. Texas A&M is recruiting him hard from what he tells me....he's a physical freak - nice kid too.

I watched LaPorte play Stratford in the dome back in the Craig James days . They were in our district back then so I knew something about them .

LaPorte , LaMarque , Texas City , and Galveston Ball have sent quite a few players to the NFL . There is a rich history in this area concerning football .

Vinny
11-19-2011, 03:27 PM
I watched LaPorte play Stratford in the dome back in the Craig James days . They were in our district back then so I knew something about them .

LaPorte , LaMarque , Texas City , and Galveston Ball have sent quite a few players to the NFL . There is a rich history in this area concerning football .some big time talent. DT Shaun Rogers is the last player I can remember La Porte pumped out and he's been in the league a while now. They had a two way player that was drafted by the Boston Red Sox last year though...he would have played big time College ball.

42-6 Final. La Porte beats Fort Bend Bush Broncos...Katy next. Katy is the program everyone emulates around here now.

StarStruck
11-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Congrats to Hightower Hurricanes in their victory over North Shore 34-21. Go Canes!

Honoring Earl 34
11-19-2011, 03:36 PM
some big time talent. DT Shaun Rogers is the last player I can remember La Porte pumped out and he's been in the league a while now. They had a two way player that was drafted by the Boston Red Sox last year though...he would have played big time College ball.

42-6 Final. La Porte beats Fort Bend Bush Broncos...Katy next. Katy is the program everyone emulates around here now.

I've seen your 6'3 running back play .

Vinny
11-19-2011, 03:38 PM
I've seen your 6'3 running back play .
Scott, the Sophomore?

Honoring Earl 34
11-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Scott, the Sophomore?

A couple of years ago y'all had a big guy along with Webb . He was going to sit out his senior year for baseball then came back .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendrick_Artez_Perkins

Vinny
11-19-2011, 03:48 PM
A couple of years ago y'all had a big guy along with Webb . He was going to sit out his senior year for baseball then came back .Yeah, I think that was Kendrick Perkins (http://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/La-Porte-two-sport-star-headlines-area-Day-2-picks-1591358.php). Keith Whitely is their feature back and he's only a Jr. Soph Hoza Scott is more physical but his best position in my eyes is OLB. He's a friggin' monster outside. A prototype. Size, speed, athleticism...the whole package. He is sudden and a big hitter. Very polite young man too.

Honoring Earl 34
11-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I think that was Kendrick Perkins (http://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/La-Porte-two-sport-star-headlines-area-Day-2-picks-1591358.php). Keith Whitely is their feature back and he's only a Jr. Soph Hoza Scott is more physical but his best position in my eyes is OLB. He's a friggin' monster outside. A prototype. Size, speed, athleticism...the whole package. He is sudden and a big hitter. Very polite young man too.

I'll Have to see them play . I like watching high school

Vinny
11-19-2011, 04:00 PM
I'll Have to see them play . I like watching high schoolHere is some footage of Hoza (pronounced Hose-A) as a Freshman. By the time he is a Senior nobody will run his direction. Teams hardly run to his side now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud0b7wywEe4 (#20 playing on the edge)

Honoring Earl 34
11-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Here is some footage of Hoza (pronounced Hose-A) as a Freshman. By the time he is a Senior nobody will run his direction. Teams hardly run to his side now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud0b7wywEe4 (#20 playing on the edge)

Sounds like this guy who is a local and was all state as a sophmore .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kep6HifaNs

What he has to look forward to .

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=27812&SPID=2164&DB_LANG=C&D B_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=205087845&Q_SEASON=2011

SheTexan
11-20-2011, 07:57 AM
Gonna be a tough game against Katy, but, just like our TEXANS, gotta have some faith! If you find out any specifics, like where and when, let me know. I plan to go. My granddaughter MIGHT remember to get me the specifics by Friday, lol, but I won't hold my breath! TEENS!!:scarygirl:

StarStruck
11-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Gonna be a tough game against Katy, but, just like our TEXANS, gotta have some faith! If you find out any specifics, like where and when, let me know. I plan to go. My granddaughter MIGHT remember to get me the specifics by Friday, lol, but I won't hold my breath! TEENS!!:scarygirl:

6:00 Saturday at Tully Stadium (I-10 @ Dairy Ashford). Our school has the early game against Cy-Fair. I recall the good old days when the playoffs were in the Astrodome and you could buy one ticket and see all of the games back to back. I think now there is about a three hour gap and each game requires a ticket.

SheTexan
11-21-2011, 06:42 AM
6:00 Saturday at Tully Stadium (I-10 @ Dairy Ashford). Our school has the early game against Cy-Fair. I recall the good old days when the playoffs were in the Astrodome and you could buy one ticket and see all of the games back to back. I think now there is about a three hour gap and each game requires a ticket.

THANKS!!

Yep, I remember those days also. Never had to worry about getting a seat either. IF I don't go to Jacksonville, I'll make that game. Right now I'm trying to get off work Monday so I can go, but, chances are slim!:evilb:

Wolf
11-25-2011, 11:00 PM
geeze the Tivy and callhoun game was one of the best games I have ever listened to

Parks McNeil ..214yards rushing on 32 carries ....316 yards on 18-22 passing

for Tivy

Tivy won 50-43

geeze..Calhoun went up 43-42 with a minute 33 left.(after they got a 2 point conversion) and Tivy scored with about 24 seconds left and got their 2 point conversion also

StarStruck
11-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Hightower 21, CyFair 14. Let's go LaPorte, Let's Go!

Vinny
11-26-2011, 07:15 PM
La Porte has the lead in the first quarter 6-0 vs Katy

Vinny
11-26-2011, 07:29 PM
End of first...La Porte ahead 6-0

Texaninlild
11-26-2011, 07:46 PM
The Woodlands 24 - Mesquite 6
Go Highlanders-

Vinny
11-26-2011, 08:50 PM
defensive struggle so far. End of 3rd Katy leading 7-6

Vinny
11-26-2011, 09:02 PM
La Porte just nailed a FG to pull ahead 9-7

jaayteetx
11-26-2011, 09:03 PM
is the laporte game on radio anywhere?

Vinny
11-26-2011, 09:06 PM
is the laporte game on radio anywhere?

I thought it was, but I haven't found it. 2:38 left to go. La Porte leading 9-7

jaayteetx
11-26-2011, 09:07 PM
I thought it was, but I haven't found it. 2:38 left to go. La Porte leading 9-7

ya, i thought i saw something in the chronicle about it being streamed online, haven't found it yet.

Vinny
11-26-2011, 09:09 PM
ya, i thought i saw something in the chronicle about it being streamed online, haven't found it yet.

Katy stops La Porte on 3rd down and forces a punt. This may be Katy's last possession.

Vinny
11-26-2011, 09:10 PM
1st and 10 for Katy on the 50

Vinny
11-26-2011, 09:13 PM
La Porte's awesome D stuffs Katy 4-and-out and now has the ball.

Vinny
11-26-2011, 09:14 PM
La Porte in VICTORY formation.

Down goes Frazier!

jaayteetx
11-26-2011, 09:15 PM
La Porte in VICTORY formation.

Down goes Frazier!

Sweet, nice to finally beat Katy.

Vinny
11-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Sweet, nice to finally beat Katy.
oh yeah, La Porte's team is filled with underclassmen too. The Soph class is loaded...loaded. Gonna be good for a few years.

Final:
La Porte 9
Katy 7

SheTexan
11-26-2011, 09:22 PM
SOOOOOO proud of the Dawgs!!! I listened to it on the radio and my friend Kelly kept me updated also!! What a fantastic win for LP!!!

Vinny
11-26-2011, 09:25 PM
SOOOOOO proud of the Dawgs!!! I listened to it on the radio and my friend Kelly kept me updated also!! What a fantastic win for LP!!!I've been going to La Porte practices...they have been working their tails off. They are very well conditioned and have a good group of kids. My hat's off to them tonight....even though I really never wear a hat, but that's besides the point. :texanbill:

SheTexan
11-26-2011, 10:11 PM
I've been going to La Porte practices...they have been working their tails off. They are very well conditioned and have a good group of kids. My hat's off to them tonight....even though I really never wear a hat, but that's besides the point. :texanbill:

It's such a good feeling to win when you are the underdog! I'm not sure anyone expected them to win! Gonna make next weeks game for sure. I think they play Port Arthur at Reliant on Sat. Don't know the time.

Vinny
11-26-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm going to that one also. I'll let you know later in the week. I just got off the phone with Jayson and that sounds like one fun bus ride back to La Porte.

Vinny
11-26-2011, 10:33 PM
La Porte vs Port Arthur Memorial is at Reliant next Saturday at 1pm. Broadcast on http://www.legacysportsnetwork.com

Vinny
11-26-2011, 10:43 PM
http://www.legacysportsnetwork.com/Audio/2011-2012/Football/La%20Porte/laporte.htm

podcast of the game. Look here next weekend for the live broadcast.

Honoring Earl 34
11-27-2011, 09:19 AM
That's great ! The kids will never forget this ride .

Hookem Horns
11-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Wow, I used to go to all of the LP games when I was a kid and going to school there. My family goes back 3 generations of LP grads. My grandmother who just turned 90 is class of 39.

So they play PA next week at Reliant. Is that for State?? If I didn't have a wedding to attend I would come down for that.

Vinny
11-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Kevin, I believe you can watch the game here next week if you can't make it.

http://www.ihigh.com/ehsn/broadcast_191188.html?silverlight=1

http://www.legacysportsnetwork.com/

It's the Regional Finals. There is one more games after this one if they beat Port Arthur Memorial (La Porte has already beaten them once already this season) before advancing to the State Finals. This year the State finals are in Dallas Sat Dec 17, 12:30pm. I'll post the bracket underneath...

http://www.5atexasfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Division2_Bracket_RegionalFinals.pdf

Hookem Horns
11-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Kevin, I believe you can watch the game here next week if you can't make it.

http://www.ihigh.com/ehsn/broadcast_191188.html?silverlight=1

http://www.legacysportsnetwork.com/

It's the Regional Finals. There is one more games after this one if they beat Port Arthur Memorial (La Porte has already beaten them once already this season) before advancing to the State Finals. This year the State finals are in Dallas Sat Dec 17, 12:30pm. I'll post the bracket underneath...

http://www.5atexasfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Division2_Bracket_RegionalFinals.pdf

Great thanks! If they make it to State I will head up there.

Wolf6151
11-29-2011, 01:38 AM
The Dawson Eagles (Pearland, Tx.) beat the Nederland Bulldogs at Galena Park Stadium Saturday evening in the cold and rain 33-25. Dawson is a very good 4A team, Congrats to them on the victory. Dawson plays Angleton this Saturday at the Rig in Pearland. Anyone else here following 4A football, specifically the Dawson Eagles?

SheTexan
11-29-2011, 07:56 PM
I'll definitely be at Reliant Sat to watch the Bulldogs! Gonna be a great weekend, full of good football on all levels.

Coogs 11am Sat

LP Bulldogs 1pm Sat at Reliant

Houston Texans on Sunday!!

Hoping for wins on all three levels!!

StarStruck
12-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Congrats Hightower Hurricanes in defeating Pearland 35-14. I will be looking for a video because that was one of the best high school games I've seen in years. Even though the score appear as a blowout, when it gets down to the last team standing, you never know if in one play the momentum can change. It will be interesting to see how QB Bralon Addison plays at A&M because on the high school level he is outstanding.

jaayteetx
12-03-2011, 08:32 PM
I'll definitely be at Reliant Sat to watch the Bulldogs! Gonna be a great weekend, full of good football on all levels.

Coogs 11am Sat

LP Bulldogs 1pm Sat at Reliant

Houston Texans on Sunday!!

Hoping for wins on all three levels!!

Well, let's hope for 1-2!

Wolf6151
12-05-2011, 12:57 AM
The Dawson Eagles beat the Angleton Wildcats on Saturday 27-23 at the Rig in Pearland in a very good game. We now head to the San Antonio Alamodome to face Lake Travis H.S. on Friday night at 8:00pm. Lake Travis has won the 4A State Championship 4 yrs. in a row and going for #5, this should be a good tough game. GO EAGLES.

StarStruck
12-05-2011, 03:03 PM
The Dawson Eagles beat the Angleton Wildcats on Saturday 27-23 at the Rig in Pearland in a very good game. We now head to the San Antonio Alamodome to face Lake Travis H.S. on Friday night at 8:00pm. Lake Travis has won the 4A State Championship 4 yrs. in a row and going for #5, this should be a good tough game. GO EAGLES.

You guys have the late game. We play at 4:00. Hope both teams make it through and on to Dallas. Good luck!

StarStruck
12-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Congrats to the Hightower Hurricanes who defeated SA Madison 54-35. Next week they will play South Lake Carroll for the State title.

StarStruck
12-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Our boys just left for Dallas and was given a big send off. I am so happy about their opportunity that I need to bring out the tissue. They are so excited and I wish them all the best.

StarStruck
12-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Unfortunately, my team lost to a very powerful SL Carroll. I did pick up some interesting information as two of the young men who played in the State games and one other from Klein Forest has signed with A&M.

High school doesn't always translate into college success, but I saw two kids and heard about another at the state championship games over the week end that there are three who has potential to contribute greatly to A&M's success.

1. Bralon Addison, #2 quarterback at Hightower has already signed and was recruited to be a wide receiver.
2. Trey Williams #3 Running Back - Dekaney who won State Div. 2. I was sitting in the club lounge watching both the Cowboys and the Dekaney game, and that kid showed some running skills I had to go back to the seating area and watch the game live.
3. I heard at the game that Klein Forest has an outstanding quarterback, Matt Davis, that has also signed to A&M.

Given the talent they already have, the new coach along three Houston area freshmen recruits could help to bring a bright future to the university. It is my understanding that the recruits have an option select another university since there was a change in coaches, but it is my understanding that Addison will be attending.

Long highlights Bralon Addison http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhCf1tFlPtg&feature=related

Trey Williams http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bK3wsxPIiU&feature=related

Matt Davis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV60Blho4wM&feature=related

SheTexan
10-06-2012, 10:50 PM
La Porte's kicker nailed a 57 yd FG tonight! AWESOME for a high school kid to do that!!

Wolf6151
10-08-2012, 12:16 AM
La Porte's kicker nailed a 57 yd FG tonight! AWESOME for a high school kid to do that!!

Scholarship!!!! WOW, I wish he went to Pearland Dawson H.S.. I've never heard of a H.S. kid kicking like that.