PDA

View Full Version : Matt Schaub- Father of twins!

Section516
09-22-2011, 12:24 PM
uarterback Matt Schaub and his wife, Laurie, welcomed twin daughters, Mackenzie Rutledge and Makayla Grace, on Tuesday morning.

"It was very special," Schaub said. "It was a long day but definitely a great day, so I'm definitely on a very big emotional high. I'm just anxious to get back and see them. They're doing great. They're healthy, and Laurie is doing amazing."

The daughters arrived on Schaub's day off.

"We were worried, coming down to the wire with an away game last week and an away game this week that it might happen on the weekend, but I was just very excited and very happy to be a part of it," he said.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-notes-Schaub-prepares-for-Saints-blitzes-2182753.php

Thorn
09-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Surely this is a good omen for Sunday! :)

Hardcore Texan
09-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Awesome! Congrats to the Schaub family.

El Tejano
09-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Surely this is a good omen for Sunday! :)

Are you like me, thinking he will play lights out because he's no longer worried about that situation anymore?

Kimmy
09-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Are you like me, thinking he will play lights out because he's no longer worried about that situation anymore?

Hopefully! I hope it's not the opposite and plays too cautious for fear of injury

Ryan
09-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Hopefully! I hope it's not the opposite and plays too cautious for fear of injury

Or maybe he is reckless because he wants to be injured and stay home with the twins. :backsout:

kiwitexansfan
09-22-2011, 02:57 PM
First take: Hope he has a nanny, our QB needs to be rested and focused.

Second take: Congrats to Matt, how exciting!

Shaft75
09-22-2011, 03:22 PM
That's awesome!

However, my twins are now 9 months old and I'm a little worried that daddy Matt might not be getting as much beauty rest as he did before. Hopefully he realizes he can afford a couple of nannies and puts them to good use.

Seņor Stan
09-22-2011, 03:24 PM
I am guessing from the context of the quotes, that if they were born on Saturday or Sunday Matt would have been in Miami.

PockyAF
09-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Hopefully Matt's wife delivery went as smooth as that deep bomb to AJ that sealed the game last sunday

Texans_Chick
09-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Usually twins these days are delivered by scheduled C-sections. So I'm guessing they scheduled it for his day off. Of course, babies sometimes have other plans, so if there were some sort of complication, they might have done things earlier.

TexansFanatic
09-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Usually twins these days are delivered by scheduled C-sections. So I'm guessing they scheduled it for his day off.

And that's a good thing, too. Otherwise he may have gone into labor on the practice field.

http://www.rumproast.com/images/uploads/rim-shot-johnny-utah.jpg

AsylumGuido
09-22-2011, 04:25 PM
That's awesome!

However, my twins are now 9 months old and I'm a little worried that daddy Matt might not be getting as much beauty rest as he did before. Hopefully he realizes he can afford a couple of nannies and puts them to good use.

I was going to mention this. Newborns in the house usually translate to little sleep.

PapaL
09-22-2011, 06:54 PM
And some people say Matt can't connect with the deep ball.

Congrats!

sakebomb
09-22-2011, 07:38 PM
First take: Hope he has a nanny, our QB needs to be rested and focused.

He does. The article mentioned his wife. :kitten:

:hides::hides::hides:

Trap_Star
09-22-2011, 07:57 PM
good to see he doesn't always under throw it when trying to go deep.

beerlover
09-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Talk about Blessings. Congratulation to the Schaub family!

RTP2110
09-22-2011, 08:12 PM
First of all, congratulations to Matt and his family!

On a side note, as a starting quarterback of an NFL team, how do you not schedule your kids to be born sometime in the offseason?

Speedy
09-22-2011, 08:27 PM

On a side note, as a starting quarterback of an NFL team, how do you not schedule your kids to be born sometime in the offseason?

The off-season is when he's making the baby(ies).

Section516
09-22-2011, 09:38 PM

Could be an accident, could be something regarding his wives health, could be on the if it happens it happens plan. Never know.

badboy
09-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Football is a game even if he gets paid for it. He is a dad first, husband second and a Qb last. Congratulations to Matt & his wife. Now it is about the babies. Sunday it can be about the game.

2BCF
09-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Could be an accident, could be something regarding his wives health, could be on the if it happens it happens plan. Never know.

Matt has more than one wife?? :D

SteveSlaton20
09-23-2011, 02:47 AM
awww shucks, i was hoping for boys so we can have two more schaubs playing in the nfl!

just kidding, congrats to matt schaub!

Matt has more than one wife?? :D

matt is a mormon?

KA4Texan
09-23-2011, 04:30 AM
That's awesome!

Are you saying you want a scandal in the Texans org?

Putting them to good use is how problems start, just ask Arnold.

SheTexan
09-23-2011, 06:55 AM
Usually twins these days are delivered by scheduled C-sections. So I'm guessing they scheduled it for his day off. Of course, babies sometimes have other plans, so if there were some sort of complication, they might have done things earlier.

This use to be true, but, not as much anymore. A lot depends on the position of the babies, and if there were prior deliveries. This is Matt and Louries second go-round. I think they have another daughter. Since he mentioned it was a long day, I'm thinking she might have been in labor and at least tried to deliver normally. We deliver twins vaginally all the time where I work. If both babies are head down, and the Mom has had a prior vag delivery, some of our Docs will give them the chance, if they choose to take it. BELIEVE ME, it is an amazing experience!!

My congrats to Matt and his family! Sweet, sweet babies with beautiful names!!