PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's Week 3 Preview Video - Texans vs Saints

EmDiggy
09-21-2011, 06:47 AM
Texans vs Saints Video Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b42kwSWSP00)

Good Morning Texans Fans! Good Luck this Week!

Em

SAMURAITEXAN
09-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks for your video as always Em. I think its going to be a tough game.
X factor for Houston is Wade.

Go Texans!!!

EmDiggy
09-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks for your video as always Em. I think its going to be a tough game.
X factor for Houston is Wade.

Go Texans!!!

Thanks Samurai!! The 3-4 defense is the kryptonite to Drew Brees.. Plus, with Sean Payton being allergic to running the ball.. The Texans can capitalize on these two issues and walk away from Poydras with a victory. PLUS...Roman Harper might as well have a Red Jersey on because he should/will be targeted all day.

GlassHalfFull
09-21-2011, 09:11 AM
I am hoping JJ can knock down some of Brees' passes.

I did get amused at the phrasing that we have "some" talent in the backfield. Or however it was worded.

infantrycak
09-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Ummm, Schaub doesn't take shots down field? Funny, he has 33 less attempts than Brees and just as many 20 yd and 40 yd completions.

ObsiWan
09-21-2011, 10:15 AM
I just hope he's as accurate regarding our predicted loss as he was last week.
:D

C Madd
09-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the video, Em. No offense, but I kind of hope you keep predicting us to lose games. Seems to be working for us so far. :fans:

EmDiggy
09-21-2011, 01:00 PM
LOL!! Seems like I'm playing the role of the good luck charm this season I guess!

Two Things I'm looking for this week:

1. Schaub works a 2nd WR (not TE) in the game more often

2. Roman Harper calls in sick this week - Because after watching him against the Packers in Week 1.. I was waiting for Benson & Stabler to show up with the rape kit..

Rey
09-21-2011, 01:35 PM
1. Schaub works a 2nd WR (not TE) in the game more often

Honest question....

Why does it matter if he uses the TE as his second target vs. a WR?

Are you saying that he should work in a 3rd receiving target or are you just saying specifically that another WR needs to be more involved?

SaintRusty
09-21-2011, 01:45 PM
2. Roman Harper calls in sick this week - Because after watching him against the Packers in Week 1.. I was waiting for Benson & Stabler to show up with the rape kit..

Did you happen to catch him in week 2? He might not be a cover safety, but he will lay your ass out with the best of em.

I think Earl Bennet and Jay Cutler would agree.

EmDiggy
09-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Did you happen to catch him in week 2? He might not be a cover safety, but he will lay your ass out with the best of em.

I think Earl Bennet and Jay Cutler would agree.

Then move him to WLB... Having him in the secondary is opening the defense up for exposure. I agree, he's awesome in the box...but as a Safety, you must be able to at least cover adequately otherwise, he's just another Roy Williams

Honest question....

Why does it matter if he uses the TE as his second target vs. a WR?

Are you saying that he should work in a 3rd receiving target or are you just saying specifically that another WR needs to be more involved?

Don't get me wrong...there's nothing wrong with having the TEs heavily involved in the passing game... What I'm saying is that It matters on how teams play coverage against them. Its much easier to bracket a WR and high-lo a TE.. But when you have a threat (doesn't have to be a huge threat) on the other side of the field.. It opens up coverage and makes defenses have to choose...and any time you make the defense choose or think.. Touchdown.

infantrycak
09-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Don't get me wrong...there's nothing wrong with having the TEs heavily involved in the passing game... What I'm saying is that It matters on how teams play coverage against them. Its much easier to bracket a WR and high-lo a TE.. But when you have a threat (doesn't have to be a huge threat) on the other side of the field.. It opens up coverage and makes defenses have to choose...and any time you make the defense choose or think.. Touchdown.

Defenses have to choose either way. Some of the most prolific offenses have had a prime TE as their #2 threat - Indy with Clark, San Diego with Gates, Dallas with Witten, Houston with OD. Around those guys you need people who can find the holes in coverage created by the attention paid to AJ and OD. Alvin Harper across from Michael Irvin isn't the only model (although JJ is a take it to the house on any play threat). Look at how much emphasis the Patriots are putting on Gronkowski who would be their #2 receiver right now but for a DB falling.

EmDiggy
09-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Defenses have to choose either way. Some of the most prolific offenses have had a prime TE as their #2 threat - Indy with Clark, San Diego with Gates, Dallas with Witten, Houston with OD. Around those guys you need people who can find the holes in coverage created by the attention paid to AJ and OD. Alvin Harper across from Michael Irvin isn't the only model (although JJ is a take it to the house on any play threat). Look at how much emphasis the Patriots are putting on Gronkowski who would be their #2 receiver right now but for a DB falling.

All those guys you named have legitimate threats at the opposite end...
Pats - Branch/Ocho
Colts - Wayne/Garcon, Wayne/Harrison,
Chargers - Floyd/Jackson

SaintRusty
09-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Then move him to WLB... Having him in the secondary is opening the defense up for exposure. I agree, he's awesome in the box...but as a Safety, you must be able to at least cover adequately otherwise, he's just another Roy Williams

Well he performed well enough to be named NFC defensive player of the week. Not that I could actually send him to linebacker, but I think I'll trust the judgement of the Superbowl winning head coach and DC which have him at SS. Weakest link in our defense? Maybe... maybe not. But if he is then I'd be fine with that.

Oh and nice video btw.

infantrycak
09-21-2011, 03:14 PM
All those guys you named have legitimate threats at the opposite end...
Pats - Branch/Ocho
Colts - Wayne/Garcon, Wayne/Harrison,
Chargers - Floyd/Jackson

Seriously? Floyd is legitimate but the Texans don't have a legitimate threat. I guess Rivers sucks at finding targets then since he has caught for less than Walter over the last four years. Ocho? - is a pipe dream right now with his 3 receptions which by the way don't match up too well to our #3 (non-threat) WR's 6 receptions.

Dutchrudder
09-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Texans vs Saints Video Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b42kwSWSP00)

Good Morning Texans Fans! Good Luck this Week!

Em

So did Obama appoint you Czar of the Playbook?

ObsiWan
09-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Seriously? Floyd is legitimate but the Texans don't have a legitimate threat. I guess Rivers sucks at finding targets then since he has caught for less than Walter over the last four years. Ocho? - is a pipe dream right now with his 3 receptions which by the way don't match up too well to our #3 (non-threat) WR's 6 receptions.

Don't argue with him. He's still using the old "blueprint" from the 80s and 90s where the TE was an afterthought and everyone knew you had to have a speed guy for a deep threat and a possession guy that could get deep on occasion.

He missed the evolution of the passing game led by TEs like Tony Gonzalez and further advanced by the TEs you named (Witten, Clark, and Gates) plus Boss in NY, Heep for the Ravens, Cooley in D.C
....I could go on, but my fingers are tired.

DBCooper
09-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks Emory, I really enjoy your videos.

I think the X-factors this week are Will Smith for the Saints and the secondary for the Texans.

I'm hoping Smith is not ready for game time, lol, but I know he's a top tier player and is always ready to go.

Our DB's have got to make plays on the ball and stop this Saints fireworks display!

I'm not calling it this week, I'm not sure if we are ready for a team like the Saints yet, I sure hope so though.

DocBar
09-22-2011, 05:29 AM

Dear Auntie Em,
TE's suck.

Love,
Shannon Sharpe and Tony Gonzalez.

P.S. If you feel a need to respond to this, you can contact both at the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Shannon will reply promptly, but it might take 5 years for Tony to get back to you. :D

On a serious note, you did a much better job this week with the broadcast, but the sound kinda screwed up and was only coming out of my right speaker for most of the session.

thunderkyss
09-22-2011, 07:35 AM
He missed the evolution of the passing game led by TEs like Tony Gonzalez and further advanced by the TEs you named (Witten, Clark, and Gates) plus Boss in NY, Heep for the Ravens, Cooley in D.C
....I could go on, but my fingers are tired.

Then I'm stuck in the '80s as well.

It's all about preferences. If you want a ball control offense... a tightend as a #2 is fine. A Walter as a #2 reciever is fine.

But if we want to be a dangerous offense (I do) then we need a WR opposite Andre who is a threat on every play. Randy Moss/Chris Carter... Isaac Bruce/Tory Holt.... Reggie Wayne/Marvin Harris...

A Jermichael Finely, Owen Daniels... they'll open it up & help some with the double coverages. But this O would be so much more potent if Walter had JJ's speed, or if JJ was as clutch as Walter.

& you all know it... otherwise there wouldn't be so much JJ hate.

infantrycak
09-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Then I'm stuck in the '80s as well.

It's all about preferences. If you want a ball control offense... a tightend as a #2 is fine. A Walter as a #2 reciever is fine.

But if we want to be a dangerous offense (I do) then we need a WR opposite Andre who is a threat on every play. Randy Moss/Chris Carter... Isaac Bruce/Tory Holt.... Reggie Wayne/Marvin Harris...

A Jermichael Finely, Owen Daniels... they'll open it up & help some with the double coverages. But this O would be so much more potent if Walter had JJ's speed, or if JJ was as clutch as Walter.

& you all know it... otherwise there wouldn't be so much JJ hate.

Alvin Harper v. Jay Novaceck
1991 - 326 v. 664
1992 - 562 v. 630
1993 - 777 v. 445
1994 - 821 v. 475
1995 - 633 v. 705

A TE playing a major role and being the #2 receiver has been a successful formula for a while. I mean sure if you can upgrade any position great but it doesn't make it a need. Dangerous is scoring points regardless of how you get them. The Texans have been a top 10 scoring offense the last two years (plus so far this one). They are dangerous.

Carr Bombed
09-22-2011, 06:23 PM
Ummm, Schaub doesn't take shots down field? Funny, he has 33 less attempts than Brees and just as many 20 yd and 40 yd completions.

Or what about how Matt Schaub is losing accuracy, because he's dropping back and not stepping up. Sounds good and all until you realize that Matt Schaub leads the entire NFL in accuracy. What gives?

AsylumGuido
09-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Hey, Emory! Once again, another great installment. You know I love seeing them on opponents boards. But, Em, you gotta let up on Harper a little. He was actually pretty solid in coverage against the Bears. Sooner or later you'll be a Harper convert.

Once again, it's always cool to know that I'll see you when I visit around the league like this. And your stuff keeps getting better and better all the time.

infantrycak
09-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Or what about how Matt Schaub is losing accuracy, because he's dropping back and not stepping up. Sounds good and all until you realize that Matt Schaub leads the entire NFL in accuracy. What gives?

I mentioned that in post #14 of this thread. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1779100#post1779100) Complaining about a 70+ completion percentage is insane.

thunderkyss
09-23-2011, 12:23 PM
I mentioned that in post #14 of this thread. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1779100#post1779100) Complaining about a 70+ completion percentage is insane.

That's the problem with Texans' fans right there.

Settling for whatever....

**->:kitten:<-**