PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Harris

Brandon420tx
09-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Whats the eval on him so far?

I woulda focused more on him if I saw him, but I was at a phins fan's place watching the game sunday and he got suddenly interested in the chargers/pats game, no idea why :spin:

Austrian
09-20-2011, 02:46 PM
He hasn't suited up yet. Was inactive in both games.

Joeycharp89
09-20-2011, 02:49 PM
Has he even been in a game yet? I was literally just looking him up for work, but the Texans' website said he hasn't been in a game yet, and they have it updated on other players up to week 2.

I'd like to see what his status is, being our second draft pick and all, and especially after watching Allen get manhandled. I know Harris isn't a physical beast either, but maybe he knows how to tackle.

Doppelganger
09-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Has he even been in a game yet? I was literally just looking him up for work, but the Texans' website said he hasn't been in a game yet, and they have it updated on other players up to week 2.

I'd like to see what his status is, being our second draft pick and all, and especially after watching Allen get manhandled. I know Harris isn't a physical beast either, but maybe he knows how to tackle.

3rd. he was the third pick.

1. Watt
2a. Reed
2b. Harris

Joeycharp89
09-20-2011, 03:12 PM
"TRANSACTIONS: Selected by the Houston Texans in the second round (60th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft." From here: http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster/Brandon-Harris/9d805782-9708-4ee4-b766-61a1c2e335ba

Am I misreading that? I've never followed a draft before this season :X Or is it just the wrong info?

Edit: Reread you post, think I understand now. Plus I'm starting to remember more of the details of the draft.

Ole Miss Texan
09-20-2011, 03:54 PM
"TRANSACTIONS: Selected by the Houston Texans in the second round (60th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft." From here: http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster/Brandon-Harris/9d805782-9708-4ee4-b766-61a1c2e335ba

Am I misreading that? I've never followed a draft before this season :X Or is it just the wrong info?

Edit: Reread you post, think I understand now. Plus I'm starting to remember more of the details of the draft.

Twas an exciting draft. We selected JJ Watt and Brooks Reed with our original 1st and 2nd round picks, respectively. We then traded up to the latter part of the 2nd round to secure Brandon Harris. He's a 2nd rounder but was our 3rd selection. I hope he can get on the field and develop some, I'm excited about him being in our secondary.

m5kwatts
09-20-2011, 04:16 PM
The Texans are doing with Harris what they should have done with Kareem last year, not play him, redshirt him, ease him in slowly with as little pressure as possible.

Thank you Wade for showing this novel concept to the organization.

disaacks3
09-20-2011, 04:33 PM
The Texans are doing with Harris what they should have done with Kareem last year, not play him, redshirt him, ease him in slowly with as little pressure as possible.

Thank you Wade for showing this novel concept to the organization. You have to have the luxury of depth in order to sit folks as well. I'm shocked at the number of Texans "cast-offs" that were signed by other teams.

CretorFrigg
09-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Didn't Wade once say that Brandon Harris was going to be our nickel?

FuriousGravy
09-20-2011, 06:40 PM
You have to have the luxury of depth in order to sit folks as well.

Agreed. Who else were we going to start at corner last year, Jacques Reeves?

m5kwatts
09-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Didn't Wade once say that Brandon Harris was going to be our nickel?

He said he was a good college nickel and had the skills to do that at the NFL level, but never declared him that at any time.

Nawzer
09-20-2011, 07:22 PM
It's nice to have depth. Although if Jason Allen keeps playing the way he did, Harris may be activated.

dc_txtech
09-20-2011, 07:34 PM
He said he was a good college nickel and had the skills to do that at the NFL level, but never declared him that at any time.

I don't have time to find the quote but I am fairly positive that he said Harris had the nickel spot locked up in training camp or preseason.

Rey
09-20-2011, 07:46 PM
I don't have time to find the quote but I am fairly positive that he said Harris had the nickel spot locked up in training camp or preseason.

That was Vance Joseph.

He said "the nickel spot is his". I think I posted the quote somewhere around here.

badboy
09-20-2011, 10:02 PM
The "problem" for Harris is our coaching. We now have better coaches who have improved McMannis and McCain. This is a good thing.

steelbtexan
09-20-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm still excited about Harris and he will probably be the nickle by the end of the yr. It wouldn't suprise me if Harris is starting sometime next yr.

Didn't Molden make the Pats team.

Allstar
09-20-2011, 10:39 PM
That was Vance Joseph.

He said "the nickel spot is his". I think I posted the quote somewhere around here.

I remember suspecting that the quote was taken out of context. Seems I was right.

badboy
09-20-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm still excited about Harris and he will probably be the nickle by the end of the yr. It wouldn't suprise me if Harris is starting sometime next yr.

Didn't Molden make the Pats team.I think he made their injury team.

ChampionTexan
09-20-2011, 10:45 PM

Didn't Molden make the Pats team.

Yep - he's been active for both games. Don't know if he actually played.

Jackie Chiles
09-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Yep - he's been active for both games. Don't know if he actually played.

Maybe thats why their pass D looks like ours did last year.

Norg
09-20-2011, 11:09 PM
IF Jonathan cant go im sure he will see some time

TdotTexas2Step
09-20-2011, 11:58 PM
Before the season began, I thought both Reed and Harris would eventually take over as starters eventually; specifically late in the season.

But with how the season is going so far, and with how everything is falling into place in the AFC South, I wouldn't be surprised to see with the coaching staff go with experience over "talent".

beerlover
09-21-2011, 02:24 AM
Before the season began, I thought both Reed and Harris would eventually take over as starters eventually; specifically late in the season.

But with how the season is going so far, and with how everything is falling into place in the AFC South, I wouldn't be surprised to see with the coaching staff go with experience over "talent".

or they are just using that experience for now while talent like Harris better understand reads/assignments, increase stamina/strength up to NFL standards. These guys are after all elite of the elite :bluesbro:

Norg
09-21-2011, 03:13 AM

or hopefully late in the season we have everything locked up and they can see some split time or real time

or maybe 4th qtr BLowout leads .... LOL

Wolf6151
09-21-2011, 03:53 AM

Thank you Wade for showing this novel concept to the organization.

I agree completely. KJ got thrown into an impossible situtation last year by Kubiak. I'm glad we've got better coaching who seems to be doing well with KJ, McCain, and McManus, and allowing Harris to come along slowly. CB is second only to QB as the hardest position to transition to from college to the NFL. Hopefully Harris gets some playing time later in the season.

BigBull17
09-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Agreed. Who else were we going to start at corner last year, Jacques Reeves?

Yes. Not sure why they cut him. He was servicable.

alphajoker
12-12-2011, 05:37 PM
With McMannis out now we should finally be able to see Harris take the field on special teams.

Rey
12-12-2011, 05:40 PM
With McMannis out now we should finally be able to see Harris take the field on special teams.

That's a good point...

Hadn't thought about that...

Although, McMAnnis was actually pretty good on coverage...It was his returning that wasn't all that...