PDA

View Full Version : So thoughts on if we do go 3-0 next week?

Air Canada
09-20-2011, 02:35 AM
Not only that, but what would you think if we come out and control the game offensively, get pressure on Brees, and come out with a W... With the defense being a main factor

What would be your thoughts on the season at this point and going forward?

:shades:

mugrakers
09-20-2011, 03:57 AM
Don't play with my emotionsssss!

Air Canada
09-20-2011, 04:11 AM
Don't play with my emotionsssss!

Haha... :thisbig: C'mon seriously... whatcha got? We just got a huge win on the road against the Saints.. How ya feelin'?

DocBar
09-20-2011, 04:14 AM
That would be great and wonderful, but would still have 13 games left. I would be cutting backflips and popping wheelies for a few hours, then start worrying about Pittsburgh.

Air Canada
09-20-2011, 04:17 AM
That would be great and wonderful, but would still have 13 games left. I would be cutting backflips and popping wheelies for a few hours, then start worrying about Pittsburgh.

Yes, but based on what we've seen so far.. And going forward into that next game... How much would that affect your outlook on this team and season thus far if at all?

DocBar
09-20-2011, 04:50 AM
Yes, but based on what we've seen so far.. And going forward into that next game... How much would that affect your outlook on this team and season thus far if at all? Not that much. I'm like Obsiwan. I worry about every game. I would probably feel a little more confident in the Texans, but like 99.9% of fans on here, I've had my chain yanked enough to be Wary ( pun intended). You know that old saw about "fool me once"? How does that go once you're fooled 3 or 4 times? I may be a slow learner sometimes, but dammit, I learn!

aussie_texan
09-20-2011, 05:21 AM
its pretty hard to say.
I'm of the opinion that the team is now good enough not to be scared of anyone. Im not saying were gonna go 16-0 but we are now a competitive team.

Its games like this (and the steelers and ravens) that make a season and turn a mediocre team to a playoff and SB contender.

Ill be ecstatic if the texans win and i will not be surprised because we have the talent its just a matter of for filling that talent.

The wonderful thing about the NFL is that there is such a fine line of winning and losing, and winning streaks and losing streaks. Look at the bills atm.

So a houston victory would not surprised me ..... but ill be soooooooooo happy !!!!

DocBar
09-20-2011, 05:33 AM
its pretty hard to say.
I'm of the opinion that the team is now good enough not to be scared of anyone. Im not saying were gonna go 16-0 but we are now a competitive team.

Its games like this (and the steelers and ravens) that make a season and turn a mediocre team to a playoff and SB contender.

Ill be ecstatic if the texans win and i will not be surprised because we have the talent its just a matter of for filling that talent.

The wonderful thing about the NFL is that there is such a fine line of winning and losing, and winning streaks and losing streaks. Look at the bills atm.

So a houston victory would not surprised me ..... but ill be soooooooooo happy !!!!This is why I would be OK with a solid showing and having the game in question until the final whistle. There's no shame in losing to the Saints. They're a damned good team. The Texans need to prove to themselves, and the rest of the league, that they can hang with the best teams in the league. If we do lose, I'll be pissed off and have a bad week (yes, I take it that seriously), but if we hang in there and give 'em hell, it'll take some of the sting out of it.

welsh texan
09-20-2011, 05:34 AM
I'd be extatic if we beat the Saints this weekend but at the same time we've all witnessed this teams ability be get all streaky before, win 3 or 4 on the row, then lose a similar number so as much as I'd be over the moon with the win I won't be counting my chickens just yet. Although we are going to win the Superbowl.:smiliedance:

DocBar
09-20-2011, 05:51 AM
I'd be extatic if we beat the Saints this weekend but at the same time we've all witnessed this teams ability be get all streaky before, win 3 or 4 on the row, then lose a similar number so as much as I'd be over the moon with the win I won't be counting my chickens just yet. Although we are going to win the Superbowl.:smiliedance:Dayum...you're not only counting your chickens, you're counting mine too. And I don't even have any chickens.

Playoffs
09-20-2011, 05:55 AM
http://www.thelongdog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/cart-horse.gif

Grams
09-20-2011, 06:03 AM
The Texans did this last year - started out 2-0. Then came game 3 and it all went downhill rapidly after that.

I am in a "show Me" first mode this year. They have to get to 3-0 before I will even think of being excited by them maybe going 3-0 - or even 3-1 by beating either the Steelers or the Saints.

They need to win at lease 1 of the next 2 games or I will be back into the "same old Texans" mode again.

DocBar
09-20-2011, 06:11 AM
The Texans did this last year - started out 2-0. Then came game 3 and it all went downhill rapidly after that.

I am in a "show Me" first mode this year. They have to get to 3-0 before I will even think of being excited by them maybe going 3-0 - or even 3-1 by beating either the Steelers or the Saints.

They need to win at lease 1 of the next 2 games or I will be back into the "same old Texans" mode again.If the Texans go 4-0, all bets are off. This could be a 12-4 or 13-3 team. Winning breeds confidence.

Grams
09-20-2011, 06:13 AM
If the Texans go 4-0, all bets are off. This could be a 12-4 or 13-3 team. Winning breeds confidence.

Yes - absolutely!!!!!

Corrosion
09-20-2011, 06:19 AM
This thread is too much like talk radio .... pointless.

DocBar
09-20-2011, 06:26 AM
This thread is too much like talk radio .... pointless.Then don't post here. Freedom of speech includes location of speech.....just sayin....

Corrosion
09-20-2011, 06:30 AM
Then don't post here. Freedom of speech includes location of speech.....just sayin....

Hey dont go takin your frustrations with Westboro Baptist Church out on me ! Make the world a better place , punch a melonhead in the face :wild: (I'd make your bail)

DocBar
09-20-2011, 06:35 AM
Hey dont go takin your frustrations with Westboro Baptist Church out on me ! Make the world a better place , punch a melonhead in the face :wild: (I'd make your bail):rofl: That was funny. I think this thread has some merit. Half of this board will go nuckin futs over 3-0 and half will do nothing but ***** about why we didn't win 175-30.

Corrosion
09-20-2011, 06:42 AM
:rofl: That was funny. I think this thread has some merit. Half of this board will go nuckin futs over 3-0 and half will do nothing but ***** about why we didn't win 175-30.

Thats what I mean , like talk radio , it would be a total over reaction by either group ..... :overreact:

3-0 would be nice .... but that leaves 13 games on the schedule with two tough teams on the horizon.

DocBar
09-20-2011, 06:43 AM
Thats what I mean , like talk radio , it would be a total over reaction by either group ..... :overreact:

3-0 would be nice .... but that leaves 13 games on the schedule with two tough teams on the horizon.You didn't read all the posts in this thread.

PapaL
09-20-2011, 06:44 AM
Meh...that would sum up how I would feel. Maybe it's the 10 years of disappointment but it's entirely too early in the year to get worked up over a non-divisional game.

TheMatrix31
09-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Depends how we won.

I'd think to myself "if we can hand with the Saints, we can hang with anyone, and that bodes very well."

I'd also think "We only probably need 7 more wins out of 13."

If we barely scraped by, I'd wonder what we'd have to do to shore up any issues.

If we had a strong defensive performance, I'd...well....JIMP because that means the D is legit.

HJam72
09-20-2011, 07:32 AM
Even if we were to slaughter the Saints and Steelers, I'd still worry about injuries to the following players:

J-Jo

AJ

Schaub

Duane Brown

Watt

Probably Ryans

Probably Cushing

Maybe Williams

Maybe A. Smith

TimeKiller
09-20-2011, 07:38 AM
Thoughts:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO **** YEAH GO TEXANS BABY WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Thorn
09-20-2011, 07:59 AM
Until I see them hoisting up a trophy in the locker room after a Super Bowl I'm worried about every game they play.

b0ng
09-20-2011, 08:27 AM

They need to win at lease 1 of the next 2 games or I will be back into the "same old Texans" mode again.

Big difference between last year and this year is that the 2011 Saints look a lot better than the 2010 Cowboys did coming into Reliant, on top of the fact that we go to the Superdome.

I say if we go through the next 4 games and make it 3-1 then we are onto something, and we really need a win against the Steelers a hell of a lot more than a win against the Saints. A Saints win would be nice, because there are a lot of arrogant bandwagon Saints fans who will disappear if the Saints go back to their pre-2006 ways, but I'd take a win over Pittsburgh 10 times out of 10 since they are in our conference and will be competing for either a wildcard or the AFCN berth.

You can bet your ass though that the fans will be crying about cut blocking if we win. It's what they do.

Rey
09-20-2011, 08:30 AM
I'd think, 'whose next' ?

ObsiWan
09-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Not only that, but what would you think if we come out and control the game offensively, get pressure on Brees, and come out with a W... With the defense being a main factor

If we win in the way you described, I'd be most impressed and very happy.

...but

Not that much. I'm like Obsiwan. I worry about every game. I would probably feel a little more confident in the Texans, but like 99.9% of fans on here, I've had my chain yanked enough to be Wary ( pun intended). You know that old saw about "fool me once"? How does that go once you're fooled 3 or 4 times? I may be a slow learner sometimes, but dammit, I learn!

yeah, I'll still worry about every other game

Meh...that would sum up how I would feel. Maybe it's the 10 years of disappointment but it's entirely too early in the year to get worked up over a non-divisional game.
well, I'd be a little more excited than this because the Saints are a good team. They took the champs to the last play of the game and last week they dropped a 30-spot on the vaunted Bears defense up in Soldier Field; that ain't nuttin' to sneeze at. So if we beat them, in their precious dome as described, I'll be a little more excited than "Meh".
...but
Until I see them hoisting up a trophy in the locker room after a Super Bowl I'm worried about every game they play.
^^^^
Whut he said.
Like Gram said, they started out with promise last year only to flame out mid-season.
Andre Johnson said it best (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/Quotes-Texans-at-Dolphins-postgame/94db2273-6357-4600-86ef-815c5d7a2641)
(On starting 2-0) – “We’ve been in this situation before. The only thing that matters is winning. You can be 2-0 but we have a new test next week. We’ll be going against a hell of a football team (in the New Orleans Saints). We have to stay focused and not get complacent. This is a marathon, not a sprint and we still have to play 14 more games. Every week we are trying to go 1-0. We’ll move on tomorrow, correct mistakes and get ready for New Orleans.”

I expect him to say the same thing after we beat New Orleans.

Marcus
09-20-2011, 09:08 AM

Then, I would start thinking we might have something.

But we better be ready for 4 quarters. Hopefully, the players themselves are thinking that so far, we haven't shown anybody ****, and go into it with that type of attitude.

Big Lou
09-20-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm pretty sure my head would explode from the lack of bieng able to take in what just happened.

SaintRusty
09-20-2011, 09:56 AM
They took the champs to the last play of the game and last week they dropped a 30-spot on the vaunted Bears defense up in Soldier Field; that ain't nuttin' to sneeze at.

Well actually it was in the 'dome, but yes Brees sliced up that defense like a thanksgiving turkey. IMO this game is going to come down to whoever gets the most pressure the opposing QB. There's no way in hell we can cover AJ without rushing Schaub, and if you guys let Brees sit back in the pocket, well you can kiss that #1 passing defense stat goodbye.

As for the OP, the Saints and Ravens games are easily the most difficult on the schedule for ya'll, but honestly you could lose both and even the Pittsburgh game and I'd still say you guys don't go any worse than 11-5, moving into the playoffs with ease.

The thing which might be of some concern is your defense hasn't really been tested yet. The Dolphins and Colts w/o Manning are a couple of the most inept offenses in the league. After this game, you'll know if it's for real. I say if you can hold the Saints under 28 this could be a very special year for the Texans.

ObsiWan
09-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Well actually it was in the 'dome, but yes Brees sliced up that defense like a thanksgiving turkey. IMO this game is going to come down to whoever gets the most pressure the opposing QB. There's no way in hell we can cover AJ without rushing Schaub, and if you guys let Brees sit back in the pocket, well you can kiss that #1 passing defense stat goodbye.

As for the OP, the Saints and Ravens games are easily the most difficult on the schedule for ya'll, but honestly you could lose both and even the Pittsburgh game and I'd still say you guys don't go any worse than 11-5, moving into the playoffs with ease.

The thing which might be of some concern is your defense hasn't really been tested yet. The Dolphins and Colts w/o Manning are a couple of the most inept offenses in the league. After this game, you'll know if it's for real. I say if you can hold the Saints under 28 this could be a very special year for the Texans.

Oops. I don't know why I thought the Bears game was in ChiTown.

infantrycak
09-20-2011, 10:03 AM

Pretty fair assessment. No doubt the D will be tested (on both teams I think you would concede). If either QB is allowed to sit in the pocket the secondaries will look bad.

It's y'all by the way not ya'll (the apostrophe goes where the missing letters were). Welcome to the MB - but sorry that public service announcement has to be done every once in a while. :kitten:

Goatcheese
09-20-2011, 10:06 AM
So thoughts on if we do go 3-0 next week?

What's wrong with the Saints? :fingergun:

TheCD
09-20-2011, 10:06 AM
If we beat the Saints it would give me hope that we can win any game we play this year. There are still games I look at on the schedule and consider losses (including this one, the Steelers, the Ravens the Titans in Tenn., the Jags because the worse of our two teams always wins, and the Colts at home in spite of how bad they are).

A win here in which the Saints don't look like the Dolphins this past week and I'll start to have some confidence. I was ecstatic last year when we were 4-2 and talked the Texans up to all my friends. I ended up with egg on my face, and now the Texans are going to have to seriously show me something before I get that confident about them again.

SaintRusty
09-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Pretty fair assessment. No doubt the D will be tested (on both teams I think you would concede). If either QB is allowed to sit in the pocket the secondaries will look bad.

It's y'all by the way not ya'll (the apostrophe goes where the missing letters were). Welcome to the MB - but sorry that public service announcement has to be done every once in a while. :kitten:

Ah, thanks for the spelling lesson.

Absolutely this will be a test for our D, although they've already been tested pretty thoroughly by GB (and failed MISERABLY!). I'm hoping the dome noise will help the defense out, but I still expect AJ to have his way with our secondary.

False Start
09-20-2011, 10:16 AM
:rofl: That was funny. I think this thread has some merit. Half of this board will go nuckin futs over 3-0 and half will do nothing but ***** about why we didn't win 175-30.

Yep, this button will get plenty of use.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/Reply-B.png

If we go 3-0 I will smoke a fat ass J, but I will do that no matter what though. http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/k_stoned-2.gif

infantrycak
09-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Ah, thanks for the spelling lesson.

LOL. Ask anyone around here, that particular one is a pet peeve of mine and I was kind of just joking around with a visiting fan. Glad to have you here really contributing rather than just smack talking.

HTown2ATX
09-20-2011, 10:22 AM
This (3-0) is what I would expect from a team that should be due to win the division and make the playoffs this year with the way the schedule is shaping up.

If we win, good, a playoff team should be able to win a tough raod game.

If they lose, ok, not going to overreact. Saints are good and at home, fair enough.

Now, if they lose to the Saints AND the Steelers, we have a problem IMO.

Beat 2 scrub teams, lost to 2 good teams = disappointing (if you are interpreting this as saying I would overreact or the team sucks.....wow)

:twocents:

C Madd
09-20-2011, 10:25 AM

You know how many people would be having a fit if the D gave up 30 points?

SaintRusty
09-20-2011, 10:26 AM
LOL. Ask anyone around here, that particular one is a pet peeve of mine and I was kind of just joking around with a visiting fan. Glad to have you here really contributing rather than just smack talking.

It's all good. I normally lurk on opposing teams message boards to kind of see what the vibe is before games (sometimes it's quite hilarious), but I decided to register here because I like the Texans. After this one, I'm pulling for you guys.

alphajoker
09-20-2011, 11:13 AM

Got the win. See you tomorrow. Let's not let the team score.

Hervoyel
09-20-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm staying in "Every week we're trying to get to 1-0" mode. It's a winnable game if the Texans do everything right and catch a break or two. That's as far as I'm going with speculation.

MEGA SWATT
09-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Texans need this win for legitimacy.:turtle:

badboy
09-20-2011, 10:37 PM
As I have posted, Texans can go 15-1 (I had predicted Pittsburgh as only guaranteed loss before season) I sure hope we beat Saints.

Norg
09-20-2011, 10:55 PM
I would be like Cool we are 3-0 but then i would go into Uhh O We got Pittsburg next this is going to be tough

and i would still be thinking we havent played the Jags or titans yet the divison games and AFC games are what matter NFC games are just extra sprinkles if u would

Norg
09-20-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm staying in "Every week we're trying to get to 1-0" mode. It's a winnable game if the Texans do everything right and catch a break or two. That's as far as I'm going with speculation.

Man if the texans go 12-0 and secure the #1 seed then i would be like nahh we aint 1-0 we are 12-0 and people will be talking if we will treat are next 4 games has pre season games

Air Canada
09-20-2011, 11:42 PM
If we win in the way you described, I'd be most impressed and very happy.

...but

yeah, I'll still worry about every other game

well, I'd be a little more excited than this because the Saints are a good team. They took the champs to the last play of the game and last week they dropped a 30-spot on the vaunted Bears defense up in Soldier Field; that ain't nuttin' to sneeze at. So if we beat them, in their precious dome as described, I'll be a little more excited than "Meh".
...but

^^^^
Whut he said.
Like Gram said, they started out with promise last year only to flame out mid-season.
Andre Johnson said it best (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/Quotes-Texans-at-Dolphins-postgame/94db2273-6357-4600-86ef-815c5d7a2641)

I expect him to say the same thing after we beat New Orleans.

I agree with you, but I disagree with the "overall" thinking on this thread... that if we go 3-0 this week and the defense is a huge factor in holding down the Saints offense for us to achieve a win... that it's "just another win".. Those losing streaks last season were indicative of a very unbalanced team defensively... The Saints on the road are a huge test.. If they show that this "D" is consistent and even better than we were initially led to believe(after all we only beat the Manningless Colts and an offensively challenged Miami team as many say)... That will be very reassuring towards how the rest of the season may go. WAY MORE so than last season where most of the wins seemed in doubt... There was nothing to suggest they would be able to overcome those deficiences, but many were just hoping for miracles and believing we would consistently win playing that kind of game.. On the other hand, this would be a different case IMO :runaway:

80tothezone
09-20-2011, 11:51 PM
How can we go 3-0 in a week when we only play one game that week. I like how the Texans put it just try to go 1-0 every week...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

houstonspartan
09-21-2011, 12:05 AM
As I have posted, Texans can go 15-1 (I had predicted Pittsburgh as only guaranteed loss before season) I sure hope we beat Saints.

I think we're going to beat Pittsburg, and have a strong shot at beating Baltimore. The Saints game will be iffy, and I think there will be another random, "bad day" game we drop down the line to a team we should easily beat.

DocBar
09-21-2011, 12:55 AM
I think we're going to beat Pittsburg, and have a strong shot at beating Baltimore. The Saints game will be iffy, and I think there will be another random, "bad day" game we drop down the line to a team we should easily beat.Ima try my azz off to make it to the Baltimore game, so we better win!I'm also gonna shoot for the Cinci and Indy games. I'mn within driving distance of all 3

ObsiWan
09-21-2011, 04:56 AM
You know how many people would be having a fit if the D gave up 30 points?

Yeah, one guy: Wade Phillips