PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak confirms Tate Number one RB.....

prostock101
09-19-2011, 09:10 PM
....for now. Foster fantasy owners collectively crap their pants.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/19/kubiak-confirms-that-ben-tate-is-lead-back-for-now/

Ben Tateís fast start to the season has earned him a promotion, at least for now.

If Sundayís game wasnít proof enough, coach Gary Kubiak confirmed that Tate will take more of the workload in the coming weeks rather than Arian Foster. Tate has 219 yards in two weeks.

ď[Tate is] playing really well,Ē Kubiak said in comments distributed by the team. ďAs we work Arian back into what weíre doing and get him back to full speed, Benís going to probably carry most of the load right now as we work forward with Arian.Ē

This is whatís called a good problem. It remains to be seen whether the Texans will rest Foster until heís truly 100%, but Kubiak didnít suggest that would happen.

The Texans traditionally donít use a running back committee. Instead, they may just use Tate and Foster as lead backs at different points in the season. Thatís disappointing for Fosterís fantasy owners, but a nice luxury to have for Houston.

Marcus
09-19-2011, 09:56 PM
**** fantasy football.

MEGA SWATT
09-20-2011, 12:39 AM
**** fantasy football.

Arian, is that you?

agreed btw.

JCTexan
09-20-2011, 12:42 AM
I now fully expect Foster to get 20+ carries this week while Tate will get fewer than 15. :fingergun:

TheEastwood
09-20-2011, 01:50 AM
As someone who got Ben Tate off the waiver wire last week, I fully support this coaching decision.

Allstar
09-20-2011, 02:43 AM
I own both. I just know that whichever I bench will have 3+ TDs...

Air Canada
09-20-2011, 03:21 AM
I grabbed Tate as my 2nd back on draft day cuz well.... You could say I had a feeling... so his 1st two games have worked out for the Texans and me nicely... :fans:

welsh texan
09-20-2011, 06:30 AM
Arian Foster's hammy must be twitching as he reads this thread :ahhaha:

For the Texans this is the right decision, Tate is the guy who's proven to get the yards at this point, until Arian is fit to go he'll need to play a limited role, I'd say he should be rested fully myself, but whether Kubiak feels he can do that is another matter.

If we get through the next 3 or 4 weeks without Arian, that will pay dividends come playoff time when we'll be needing him at his best.

I don't know if anyone else has spent years being all jealous of teams like Carolina who've had two great running backs? Well this is how it feels and we should feel very proud of being in that situation, years gone by, we've had Ron Dayne playing, fcuking up Left Tackle's as he goes because of our lack of depth.

DocBar
09-20-2011, 07:42 AM
Let's just hope the Texans are "smart" with their decision making....

thunderkyss
09-20-2011, 08:08 AM
I expect Ogbonnaya to be called up.

Or Ward to be activated.

Scooter
09-20-2011, 08:37 AM
call me crazy, but i want to see more of slaton. the last time slaton wasnt on every team's radar he rushed for 1200+ yards and was a major homerun threat. he's motioned to WR for a pair of touchdowns, is our biggest weapon on draws and screens, and is a strong pass blocker as well. slaton IS our best 3rd down back. i dont mind that kubiak's training tate on the job when we're ahead - but it's riskier than i personally like. tate was responsible for one sack (jason taylor) against the dolphins and limits us similar to vonta leach vs james casey on passing downs.

b0ng
09-20-2011, 09:33 AM
call me crazy, but i want to see more of slaton. the last time slaton wasnt on every team's radar he rushed for 1200+ yards and was a major homerun threat. he's motioned to WR for a pair of touchdowns, is our biggest weapon on draws and screens, and is a strong pass blocker as well. slaton IS our best 3rd down back. i dont mind that kubiak's training tate on the job when we're ahead - but it's riskier than i personally like. tate was responsible for one sack (jason taylor) against the dolphins and limits us similar to vonta leach vs james casey on passing downs.

He's been very blah the carries he's gotten against Indy and MIA. Right now I'd be starting Tate as well, the guy has earned his accolades and has looked good running against a bad defense, and what's probably going to end up being a decent (but not great) defense. Right now there's just a big drop off from Tate/Foster to Ward and then a Grand Canyon like gap between Ward and Slaton.

Scooter
09-20-2011, 09:58 AM
He's been very blah the carries he's gotten against Indy and MIA. Right now I'd be starting Tate as well, the guy has earned his accolades and has looked good running against a bad defense, and what's probably going to end up being a decent (but not great) defense. Right now there's just a big drop off from Tate/Foster to Ward and then a Grand Canyon like gap between Ward and Slaton.

tate's got the rock certainly, but it's hard to call slaton "blah" on only 3 carries. i'm in no way suggesting that slaton get even a split workload, he's still a 3rd stringer at best. i am saying however that on medium and long 3rd downs he is an infinitely better fit for our offense than tate or ward, as well as less of a liability (possibly even a strength) as a blocker. remembered is the fumbles, forgotten is slaton turning a simple screen into 6 because he went from zero to "adios" before the defensive backs could react. dude's a weapon, much like jacoby jones ... i'd like to see us use him as such.

b0ng
09-20-2011, 10:01 AM
tate's got the rock certainly, but it's hard to call slaton "blah" on only 3 carries. i'm in no way suggesting that slaton get even a split workload, he's still a 3rd stringer at best. i am saying however that on medium and long 3rd downs he is an infinitely better fit for our offense than tate or ward, as well as less of a liability (possibly even a strength) as a blocker. remembered is the fumbles, forgotten is slaton turning a simple screen into 6 because he went from zero to "adios" before the defensive backs could react. dude's a weapon, much like jacoby jones ... i'd like to see us use him as such.

As far as I can tell Tate is an adequate pass blocker on 3rd downs and can catch the ball out of the backfield. I don't think there is anything that Slaton does better than Tate right now that would warrant him seeing consistent time on any down and distance.

Use him to give Tate a breather, but don't expect him to do anything is what I'm seeing.

HuttoKarl
09-20-2011, 10:24 AM
I don't care who's running the ball or how many carries whoever gets. I want our coaching staff to be smart enough to let our players heal when they need to heal and keep our RB's fresh enough to be effective at any point during a game. I'm sure Arian Foster's not happy about being injured, but he doesn't seem like the kind of person who'd hate on Tate for keeping things rolling while he recovers.

And...I really hope that despite the injury our front office rewards Foster nicely with a good contract at some point this season. I'd rather have a two headed RB monster of Foster and Tate next season than not.

ObsiWan
09-20-2011, 10:34 AM
As someone who got Ben Tate off the waiver wire last week, I fully support this coaching decision.

The WAIVER wire??
Do the people in your league even WATCH football??

Scooter
09-20-2011, 10:36 AM
As far as I can tell Tate is an adequate pass blocker on 3rd downs and can catch the ball out of the backfield. I don't think there is anything that Slaton does better than Tate right now that would warrant him seeing consistent time on any down and distance.

Use him to give Tate a breather, but don't expect him to do anything is what I'm seeing.

that's where i disagree. tate can certainly hit folks and he can block, but i wouldnt call him a good blocker. he directly lead to atleast 1 sack in the miami game in what looked like a rookie moment, which is what he is. tate simply doesnt and wont have the reads and nuances down in the immediate future. right now slaton is probably our best pass blocking back.

as for catching out of the backfield, to even compare the two is silly. it's a james casey vs vonta leach arguement. vonta didnt drop a pass and did his job leaking out, but he was never a real target while casey is a slot receiver. slaton as a dump and screen receiver requires inside man contain or else he's gifted 15+, and he's the only real threat to motion to WR1 or WR2. tate is a base curl who may truck a linebacker.

ObsiWan
09-20-2011, 10:42 AM
I don't care who's running the ball or how many carries whoever gets. I want our coaching staff to be smart enough to let our players heal when they need to heal and keep our RB's fresh enough to be effective at any point during a game. I'm sure Arian Foster's not happy about being injured, but he doesn't seem like the kind of person who'd hate on Tate for keeping things rolling while he recovers.

And...I really hope that despite the injury our front office rewards Foster nicely with a good contract at some point this season. I'd rather have a two headed RB monster of Foster and Tate next season than not.

If we don't someone in the NFL will. That UDFA contract can't last much longer.

The1ApplePie
09-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Maybe Kubes has a Portis-style trade up his sleeve. Trade Foster for an elite defensive player

Scooter
09-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Maybe Kubes has a Portis-style trade up his sleeve. Trade Foster for an elite defensive player

foster is similarly a perfect fit for our offense and in his early prime, and i'll catch hell for saying it, but that wouldnt hurt my feelings if we did such a deal. we arent looking for a DB, but if we could land an all pro DT or OT like denver got with champ, i wouldnt think twice.

Joeycharp89
09-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Ya, one I grabbed Foster, but my friend grabbed Tate after game 1 (before I could). Can't say I'm upset, it's only Fantasy Football, and these sorts of things happen. I'm just bummed cause I don't have a single decent back up. My next best player is Ryan Grant, who is getting outplayed this season :/

Either way, I hope they get Foster back on track. Tate is doing well, but he's taking a heavy load. If we can get them both healthy and sharing the work load then I think we'd have a ridiculously good rushing season.

IDEXAN
09-20-2011, 12:05 PM
I think Tate is a better runner than Foster. I didn't say he's a better all round back but I think he's a better pure runner. He runs ver hard and he's got excellent long-speed. Now I'm unsure how he compares to Foster in his skills as a receiver and pass-blocker ?

Ole Miss Texan
09-20-2011, 12:13 PM

foster is similarly a perfect fit for our offense and in his early prime, and i'll catch hell for saying it, but that wouldnt hurt my feelings if we did such a deal. we arent looking for a DB, but if we could land an all pro DT or OT like denver got with champ, i wouldnt think twice.
I've been quietly thinking this for a while. I suspicioned we could do that with Slaton back in the day but he followed up his great season with a downer.

I like Foster a TON, he's perfect for this team... but I really really dislike giving a RB THAT much money. Peterson/Johnson money (7yr $100M; or 4yr $30M guaranteed!?). Does he deserve it? Sure I think he does, but I don't really want the Texans to be the team that puts themselves in a bind because of it. I don't know if we negotiate a deal with him or say, franchise him and trade him somewhere in the NFC. I'm perfectly happy with Tate, Ward, Slaton, Ogbonnaya next season (assuming everyone's healthy). It's not hard to find a good RB for this team.

Ryan
09-20-2011, 12:18 PM
God, this forum is brutal. Foster puts up an amazing great season and is a bit nicked up for a couple games and people are suggesting a trade? C'mon man, we aren't even sure if Tate can put together a full season yet. They would be dumb to trade him right now.

thunderkyss
09-20-2011, 12:35 PM

If we get Slaton out there, like Peyton had Sproles against the Packers, that would be safreek'ng wheet.

I like Kubiak, sort of, but he hasn't shown to be the most innovative, outside the lines, get everybody involved kinda OC we thought he was. He does a good job getting Andre open & getting a defense to forget about our TEs... but he's got so much talent in the backfield, it's a shame that someone has to get hurt before he can get someone else involved.

thunderkyss
09-20-2011, 12:37 PM
I think Tate is a better runner than Foster. I didn't say he's a better all round back but I think he's a better pure runner. He runs ver hard and he's got excellent long-speed. Now I'm unsure how he compares to Foster in his skills as a receiver and pass-blocker ?

We would have about 8 rushes for more than 20 yards right now, if Foster was healthy & carrying the rock. Tate's a brute, & probably a better short yardage option, but he isn't a better "runner" than Foster.

Not yet anyway.

Texanmike02
09-20-2011, 12:38 PM

You're sick.

Mike

Doppelganger
09-20-2011, 12:39 PM

Yeah, me too!

Doppelganger
09-20-2011, 12:41 PM
The WAIVER wire??

I did the same thing. The people in my league are not Texans fans and all they know is Foster was THE MAN last year. So, when they see Tate, they assume Foster will be back next week.

Interestingly enough, I picked up Foster off the waiver wire prior to the first game last year too!

Doppelganger
09-20-2011, 12:43 PM
We would have about 8 rushes for more than 20 yards right now, if Foster was healthy & carrying the rock. Tate's a brute, & probably a better short yardage option, but he isn't a better "runner" than Foster.

Not yet anyway.

Tate and Foster are completely different backs and compliment each other well. Foster is the faster more agile runner whereas Foster is more of a physical back. The perfect running game plan is to tire the defense and soften them up with Foster's speed and elusiveness and then beat them down with Tate.

thunderkyss
09-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Tate and Foster are completely different backs and compliment each other well. Foster is the faster more agile runner whereas Foster is more of a physical back. The perfect running game plan is to tire the defense and soften them up with Foster's speed and elusiveness and then beat them down with Tate.

So we agree right?

BigBull17
09-20-2011, 01:03 PM

I think you are under valuing Fosters talent. He has unreal vision, crisp cuts, and is an excellent receiver. Foster is one of the best running backs in the NFL, and though Tate is a solid runner, he is not a better runner.

Scooter
09-20-2011, 01:05 PM
God, this forum is brutal. Foster puts up an amazing great season and is a bit nicked up for a couple games and people are suggesting a trade? C'mon man, we aren't even sure if Tate can put together a full season yet. They would be dumb to trade him right now.

this is a "strike while the iron is hot" moment for the texans. the entire league is rightfully slack-jawed that we are legitimately 4 deep at runningback, including last season's rushing champ. if we can go "only" 3 deep at runningback (not counting OB1 on the practice squad), and fortify another area, i'd hit that like a freshman at padre.

arian foster is awesome. jacoby jones laughs at his maturity and mindset however. vision, awareness, burst, agility, and all the intangibles - but like his college career arian seems to read his press and only responds to negative reinforcement. i have no doubt that fosters' hamstring problems are a lack of offseason discipline based on his history. mama's here defending him, i'd prefer to see mama tell him to pick a switch from the back yard.

i think it was varsity blues ... "that boy dont take nothing seriously".

TexansBlood
09-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Slaton with over 1,000 yards then Arian and if Tate were to play as 1st string this whole season im pretty sure he would also get over 1,000 yrds rushing.

Is it me or does it seem Kubiak needs to get some credit for his cut blocking and offensive strategies when running the ball??

Section516
09-20-2011, 01:11 PM
this is a "strike while the iron is hot" moment for the texans. the entire league is rightfully slack-jawed that we are legitimately 4 deep at runningback, including last season's rushing champ. if we can go "only" 3 deep at runningback (not counting OB1 on the practice squad), and fortify another area, i'd hit that like a freshman at padre.

arian foster is awesome. jacoby jones laughs at his maturity and mindset however. vision, awareness, burst, agility, and all the intangibles - but like his college career arian seems to read his press and only responds to negative reinforcement. i have no doubt that fosters' hamstring problems are a lack of offseason discipline based on his history. mama's here defending him, i'd prefer to see mama tell him to pick a switch from the back yard.

And Tates hammy?
And Slatons hammy?
And JoJo's groin? (Although not hammy)

Miles Austins hammy?
CJ spillers?
Terreance Mcgee?
Bryants?

Lot of hammies this year.

Could be because of lockout and record droughts..

Ole Miss Texan
09-20-2011, 01:14 PM
I don't know if anybody is advocating trading him right now, at least I'm not at all. This would be after he's been in the league 3-4 seasons and is due a brutal ultra high dollar contract. That's not happening right now but maybe next year. He'll be a restricted free agent next season so we know we've got him.

All else equal, I'd listen to trade offers next season or so. I don't want to give a RB a 4 year $40M guaranteed contract... not in this offense anyways.

Texn4life
09-20-2011, 01:19 PM

Or maybe it could possibly be that he had knee surgery in the off-season and its well known that when the knee isn't 100% it does put muscles around it at risk. Also, it could be he didn't have his trainers to fully rehab, and even Peyton has said that he feels like he would have been further along had he been with his team trainers in the off-season. I seriously doubt that Arian Foster would "slack" and not take training seriously going into what's considered by many a contract year.

ChampionTexan
09-20-2011, 01:27 PM

If anything, I think the injury situation has precluded any possibility of Foster (Or Tate) going anywhere this season. But it wouldn't be shocking at all to see Slaton - or even Ward - dealt before the deadline.

Don't forget that not only have Ward and Foster been inactive for a game each, and not only is it up in the air as to whether either will be active vs. New Orleans, but Tate was dealing with a hamstring in training camp to the point where he missed the first preseason game, and actually had a few fans (stupidly) comparing him to one Bennie Joppru. This isn't exactly the ideal circumstance to trade off one of your top 2 backs.

Slaton and Ward on the other hand have contracts that expire after this season, and with the ridiculously ludicrous exception of franchising one of them, the Texans have no ability to control their future employer. Tate is under contract through 2013, and while Arian is playing under a one year tender, he can be restricted for one more year, and is also the kind of player you might actually consider using the franchise tag on (when and if that time came). I wouldn't be shocked to see one of them traded during the off-season, but since there's no real ability to deal with the hole that an in season trade would leave, I don't envision it happening.

Texans_Chick
09-20-2011, 01:33 PM
The Texans traditionally donít use a running back committee. Instead, they may just use Tate and Foster as lead backs at different points in the season. Thatís disappointing for Fosterís fantasy owners, but a nice luxury to have for Houston.

When have the Texans had the ability to do a RBBC? Slaton got the start his rookie year because there were no other healthy options. Tate couldn't RBBC last year because he was hurt.

I think if the Texans have the sort of season they want to, there will be plenty of touches for both running backs. Maybe not enough to make fantasy football people happy, but * those people.

The1ApplePie
09-20-2011, 02:38 PM

Portis looked better than Foster and did it for two years. Portis was a rare talent but was also relatively replaceable. The Broncos had a chance to trade him for one of the best defensive players in the NFL and got picks as well.

Foster is great but he is not the heart of the offense. AJ is the one player on that side of the ball that cannot be touched. If Kubes learned anything from Shanny, he won't pay Foster when his contract is up either.

Foster is a beast but he is also a complimentary piece in the scheme of things

Texans_Chick
09-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Portis looked better than Foster and did it for two years. Portis was a rare talent but was also relatively replaceable. The Broncos had a chance to trade him for one of the best defensive players in the NFL and got picks as well.

Foster is great but he is not the heart of the offense. AJ is the one player on that side of the ball that cannot be touched. If Kubes learned anything from Shanny, he won't pay Foster when his contract is up either.

I have heard that there were members of the Denver offensive staff that had Portis on it that they were infuriated when Portis was traded away. They thought Portis was a special talent.

If you heard Kubiak's quotes, he noted in the oblique Kubiak way that Tate needs to work more on being consistent on pass protection.

ChampionTexan
09-20-2011, 03:11 PM

I would disagree that Portis looked better. I think it's very close, but if anything, based on the fact he touched the ball 393 times compared to 328 in Portis's best season in Denver, I'd rate Foster's 2010 better than either season Portis had in Denver.

If you're basing it on strictly YPC, then consider the fact that Terrell Davis - who I view as clearly better than either Portis or Foster at this point- never had the per carry average that Portis did, and in only one of his three "peak" seasons did he surpass Arian's average from 2010. That doesn't mean he's not the best out of this very good trio.

beerlover
09-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Smart move Kubiak. Ben needs the reps, despite solid results so far, he needs to develop more chemistry with the starters while Arian is on the mend. This should develop the continuity moving forward through this upcoming tough stretch of games.

gary
09-20-2011, 04:05 PM
I see Bob locking up Arian once he recovers and proves himself again which might mean Mario maybe out.

Malloy
09-20-2011, 04:08 PM
The WAIVER wire??

What is this football you keep mentioning? Does it have anything to do with Fantasy Football ?

thunderkyss
09-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Maybe not enough to make fantasy football people happy, but * those people.

:foottap:

GP
09-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Subjectively speaking: Frankly, I don't even care anymore. I like Tate's attitude better anyways. He's not as good, but he's still pretty bueno to me.

On a more objective note: Do hamstring problems like this ever go away? Can a guy have lingering issues with a hamstring for a long period of time? Is this hamstring on the same leg that he had problems with last season and then had it touched-up over the off-season--Meaning: Is this issue connected to the previous one?

I want what's best for the Texans. I have no illusions about which guy is "better" for us, but a guy on the bench because of recurring injuries is a bit discouraging.

I say he's out 2-4 weeks. Leaning toward 4 weeks due to how well Tate is running right now.

SheTexan
09-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Picked Ben as my #2 RB on my FF team and got laughed at! I get called a Texan homie every year, BUT, I WIN with my Texan players. They never let me down.

Ryan
09-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Picked Ben as my #2 RB on my FF team and got laughed at! I get called a Texan homie every year, BUT, I WIN with my Texan players. They never let me down.

That's what's up, homie! :smiliedance:

Nawzer
09-20-2011, 08:20 PM
I see Bob locking up Arian once he recovers and proves himself again which might mean Mario maybe out.

I see it the other way. Running back are replaceable but good defensive ends/rush linebackers are not easy to replace. Mario Williams is off to a good start and I think he'll get better as the year progresses. Foster on the other hand obviously needs to get healthy and play before he can even think of getting a new contract.

GP
09-20-2011, 09:54 PM

The year I won my league, I picked up Larry Johnson right after a guy picked Priest Holmes. He and everybody else laughed me out of the room.

In that situation, the guy bought Priest Holmes for almost half of his $100 draft money. I bought Larry Johnson for $1 (it was an auction draft) and kicked their ass every week from the point Priest was I.R.'d just like I knew he would be. I seriously endured their mocking, and when it died down I said "That's OK. Have your fun now. But about week 5 or 6, when Priest goes down...you'll be wishing you had this 1-dollar wonder I just picked up." He went bananas that year. Stomp City, league championship. I talked massive trash, obviously. What a great season.

This has that same feeling to me, but not as final and career-ending as Priest Holmes' situation was. It just feels like it's going to nag Foster for longer than people think.

I'm the handcuff master. So, just as you did...I picked Ben Tate with a late draft pick just for some insurance. I'm a huge Texans homer since I know what we've got in those guys...AJ, OD, Rackers, and Tate are my players off the Texans team. I've got about a 75% chance of getting 6 points when we get into the Red Zone, or 3 from Rackers if we stall out. That's a good feeling.

EllisUnit
09-20-2011, 10:33 PM
....for now. Foster fantasy owners collectively crap their pants.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/19/kubiak-confirms-that-ben-tate-is-lead-back-for-now/

Ben Tateís fast start to the season has earned him a promotion, at least for now.

If Sundayís game wasnít proof enough, coach Gary Kubiak confirmed that Tate will take more of the workload in the coming weeks rather than Arian Foster. Tate has 219 yards in two weeks.

ď[Tate is] playing really well,Ē Kubiak said in comments distributed by the team. ďAs we work Arian back into what weíre doing and get him back to full speed, Benís going to probably carry most of the load right now as we work forward with Arian.Ē

This is whatís called a good problem. It remains to be seen whether the Texans will rest Foster until heís truly 100%, but Kubiak didnít suggest that would happen.

considering Ward and Foster are hurt. Its more like a have no other choice promotion. Kinda like being the last kid picked in Dodge ball. :splits:

Carr Bombed
09-20-2011, 10:54 PM

:vincepalm: You have absolutely zero clue of what you're talking about. The only thing you're doing is making assumptions...assumptions that aren't based on a lick of fact.

Foster trained with his brother all offseason......which is the SAME THING HE DID LAST SEASON. Also you don't know what Arian is like in his personal life or how he is off the field. (None of us do) Foster wasn't the only player who strained his hamstring this offseason and I'm pretty sure, gee I don't know...our record breaking heat might've have had something to do with his injury and the other nagging injuries this team had during the offseason.

"lack of offseason discipline", yeah because you were sitting on the sofa and tossing back potato chips right next to him weren't you? TEXANSTALK, the only place where you can get this kind of groundbreaking inside information. :rolleyes:

SheTexan
09-20-2011, 11:20 PM
The year I won my league, I picked up Larry Johnson right after a guy picked Priest Holmes. He and everybody else laughed me out of the room.

In that situation, the guy bought Priest Holmes for almost half of his $100 draft money. I bought Larry Johnson for $1 (it was an auction draft) and kicked their ass every week from the point Priest was I.R.'d just like I knew he would be. I seriously endured their mocking, and when it died down I said "That's OK. Have your fun now. But about week 5 or 6, when Priest goes down...you'll be wishing you had this 1-dollar wonder I just picked up." He went bananas that year. Stomp City, league championship. I talked massive trash, obviously. What a great season.

This has that same feeling to me, but not as final and career-ending as Priest Holmes' situation was. It just feels like it's going to nag Foster for longer than people think.

I'm the handcuff master. So, just as you did...I picked Ben Tate with a late draft pick just for some insurance. I'm a huge Texans homer since I know what we've got in those guys...AJ, OD, Rackers, and Tate are my players off the Texans team. I've got about a 75% chance of getting 6 points when we get into the Red Zone, or 3 from Rackers if we stall out. That's a good feeling.

Being a "lady" it's exceptionally FUN to beat a bunch of guys who think I don't know much about football. I got the same reaction last year when I picked Arian. By midseason some were begging me for a trade. A few years back I got ribbed for picking Kris Brown, dude helped me win that year. In my league if I don't draw one of the first three spots I can forget about AJ, that happened this year. Regardless of FF I'm happy to see Ben get his due. We'll need Arian, Ward, Staton, and everything else we can drum up between now and Dec, so it's good for Ben to get the experience now.