PDA

View Full Version : Oh. My. God.

TimeKiller
09-19-2011, 11:49 AM
We have no OL. Chumps, who can we move to a different position?

Schaub is a total chump, only having the best QB in history would suffice me. Played a terrible game and is likely the least accurate Qb ever.

Tate is a chump and Foster is a hurt chump. Sophomore slump chump.

Andre Johnson drops are killing me, dude has no hands. Like a big Jacoby Jones who is also a chump.

OD, nice touchdown.. .. .. CHUMP!

Wade can't shut anyone out, not even the Colts, why did they bring him back? He's Gary's boy. The chump's chump.

Mario can't even get 2 sacks a game. Chump.

Cushing, steroid pump chump.

Joseph/Manning, free agent chumps.

There. I got it all out of the way for you chumps. :overreact:

ThaShark316
09-19-2011, 11:53 AM
...and when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump, tell him "step off, I'm doin' the HUMP!"

hadaad
09-19-2011, 11:56 AM

Schaub is a total chump, only having the best QB in history would suffice me. Played a terrible game and is likely the least accurate Qb ever.

Andre Johnson drops are killing me, dude has no hands. Like a big Jacoby Jones who is also a chump.

Wade can't shut anyone out, not even the Colts, why did they bring him back? He's Gary's boy. The chump's chump.

Dude, all this negativity is for chumps!

Carr Bombed
09-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Here's a post I made in another thread, but it definitely fits better here.

I've never seen a fan base cry so much. Especially the morons calling in, because we didn't win by 30 points on the road... or the jackass that just called in and bitched about how we didn't run the ball in at the end of the game, when the game was already decided. :rolleyes: This has got to be one of the dumbest fan bases out there.

First of all, this is the National Football League. Those guys that line up across from you, yeah..they get paid to make plays too. Scratching out wins is what this league is all about. Do those morons tune in to any other NFL games? There's a dozen other teams "winning ugly" every week. :strangle:

Thorn
09-19-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm just glad it's all the other fans that are stupid, and not me. :)

Carr Bombed
09-19-2011, 12:21 PM

;)

My comments were mostly directed towards the radio callers. Some of those people can get unbearable. Especially the moron who called in crying about how we didn't let Ben Tate run the ball in at the end of the game. LOL, somebody clearly had Ben Tate on their fantasy team. :ahhaha:

GlassHalfFull
09-19-2011, 12:25 PM

I had to quote this to see who the real poster was.

The best part of going to other fan's message boards for me is seeing how we have the exact same posters on all boards. I am starting to wonder if we all have doppelgangers.

GlassHalfFull
09-19-2011, 12:26 PM
;)

My comments were mostly directed towards the radio callers. Some of those people can get unbearable. Especially the moron who called in crying about how we didn't let Ben Tate run the ball in at the end of the game. LOL, somebody clearly had Ben Tate on their fantasy team. :ahhaha:

Was I watching the same game, cause I am pretty sure we used the hell out of Ben Tate on the last drive.

houstonspartan
09-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Here's a post I made in another thread, but it definitely fits better here.

Agree with you. Sometimes, you just have to "grind out a win." We're not going to put up 30 points every single week. This is the NFL. It's competitive.

Thorn
09-19-2011, 12:33 PM
;)

Fans like that are just plain ignorant. Someone in another thread said fantasy football and Madden Games are ruining pro football. I agree somewhat with that, but you also have to consider that football is analyzed 7 days a week 24 hours a day by talking heads reading off a script and pointing towards film clips. The average fan these days knows more than he used to, but that isn't always best for the sport. Sometimes the old saying "knows just enough to be dangerous" fits these backassward fans to a tee.

Honoring Earl 34
09-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Fans like that are just plain ignorant. Someone in another thread said fantasy football and Madden Games are ruining pro football. I agree somewhat with that, but you also have to consider that football is analyzed 7 days a week 24 hours a day by talking heads reading off a script and pointing towards film clips. The average fan these days knows more than he used to, but that isn't always best for the sport. Sometimes the old saying "knows just enough to be dangerous" fits these backassward fans to a tee.

All I care about with the Texans are Wins and losses . When we had Dave of Fresno , I knew we couldn't win half the games . Right now I don't see a major hurdle that would trip the team up from going 10-6 or 11-5 . Can they up grade ... sure ... that's what we do in March .

JUST WIN BABY !

Carr Bombed
09-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Was I watching the same game, cause I am pretty sure we used the hell out of Ben Tate on the last drive.

Oh no, that's not what it was. :) He was complaining about how we knelt the ball down on the 1 yard, instead of letting Ben Tate run it in the endzone. He didn't care that it was 10 point game...with only 26 seconds left. :rolleyes: It was a ridiculous call.

TEXANRED
09-19-2011, 12:57 PM

We have been 2-0 before. We have seen this before. Letís face it, we have won the games we are supposed to win and beat the lesser teams. Now comes N.O. who is the upper crust of teams and what the Texans inspire to become.

I do think the Texans can win this game by pounding the ball at them and leaving Jason Allen at home. We match up very well with the Saints. My personal concern is every time we have a big game on the road #8 self destructs. We will see, maybe this year is different.

The Cush
09-19-2011, 01:01 PM
I do think the Texans can win this game by pounding the ball at them and leaving Jason Allen at home. We match up very well with the Saints. My personal concern is every time we have a big game on the road #8 self destructs. We will see, maybe this year is different.

Green Bay, freezing temps

TEXANRED
09-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Green Bay, freezing temps

You mean that 2008 game at the end of the year where the Packers won a whole 6 games to our 8? I don't consider that a big game when your not playing for anything.

Carr Bombed
09-19-2011, 01:08 PM
We have been 2-0 before. We have seen this before. Let’s face it, we have won the games we are supposed to win and beat the lesser teams. Now comes N.O. who is the upper crust of teams and what the Texans inspire to become.

Actually I don't think we have seen this before. This isn't last year's "2-0" start. We have never seen our defense win us games and we've never seen our defense step up and make game winning plays when they had to.

Last year we had to outscore people to win. Hell, if we had to punt once, you pretty much had to just chalk it up a loss. This year we can go on the road against a quality opponent, not be on our "A" game, play like crap, and still win by double digits and leave with a "W". That's a sign of a good team. Do they have stuff to clean up...hell yes, but I was impressed with yesterday's "ugly win".

P.S.

Where are you getting the "#8 self destructs on the road" stuff from?

Carr Bombed
09-19-2011, 01:15 PM
You mean that 2008 game at the end of the year where the Packers won a whole 6 games to our 8? I don't consider that a big game when your not playing for anything.

LOL, it's amazing.

Was Matt Schaub really "self destructing" out there....or was the task he was asked to perform nearly impossible. :rolleyes: Asking a QB to pass for nothing, but TDs on every single drive (because your defense is also giving up TDs on every single drive) isn't realistic.

It's AMAZING how clutch a QB can get when the defense improves around him. Matt Schaub has led us back on the road PLENTY of times...only to see his defense give up another score and then we have to keep going to the well (asking Matt to pass). You go to the well enough and bad things can happen against quality defenses.

HJam72
09-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Hate to be so argumentative, but our D did step up big in the second half of that Baltimore game last year. We just blew it in OT trying to throw out of our own endzone with our ZBS center. I blame our our HC for that, but the point is the D played clutch in that game.

Your point that our D sucked in general is very valid.

TEXANRED
09-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Actually I don't think we have seen this before. This isn't last year's "2-0" start. We have never seen our defense win us games and we've never seen our defense step up and make game winning plays when they had to.

Last year we had to outscore people to win. Hell, if we had to punt once, you pretty much had to just chalk it up a loss. This year we can go on the road against a quality opponent, not be on our "A" game, play like crap, and still win by double digits and leave with a "W". That's a sign of a good team. Do they have stuff to clean up...hell yes, but I was impressed with yesterday's "ugly win".

P.S.

Where are you getting the "#8 self destructs on the road" stuff from?

I have watched so many road games where he comes out flat and couldn't hit the broad side of the earth. Sure he lites it up in the 3rd 1/4 but that is after we are down 28 points.

drewmar74
09-19-2011, 01:18 PM
...and when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump, tell him "step off, I'm doin' the HUMP!"

Any Digital Underground reference = winning.

Carr Bombed
09-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Hate to be so argumentative, but our D did step up big in the second half of that Baltimore game last year. We just blew it in OT trying to throw out of our own endzone with our ZBS center. I blame our our HC for that, but the point is the D played clutch in that game.

Your point that our D sucked in general is very valid.

Kudos to the defense for nutting up for one game... Too bad there's been about 30+ other games where they haven't over the last 4 or 5 seasons. This is the first season since the early Capers' years where the defense is actually carrying their own weight and even picking up some slack.

TEXANRED
09-19-2011, 01:20 PM
LOL, it's amazing.

Was Matt Schaub really "self destructing" out there....or was the task he was asked to perform nearly impossible. :rolleyes: Asking a QB to pass for nothing, but TDs on every single drive (because your defense is also giving up TDs on every single drive) isn't realistic.

It's AMAZING how clutch a QB can get when the defense improves around him. Matt Schaub has led us back on the road PLENTY of times...only to see his defense give up another score and then we have to keep going to the well (asking Matt to pass). You go to the well enough and bad things can happen against quality defenses.

All I am saying is I have been hurt before. :drunk:

TEXANRED
09-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Kudos to the defense for nutting up for one game... Too bad there's been about 30+ other games where they haven't over the last 4 or 5 seasons. This is the first season since the early Capers' years where the defense is actually carrying their own weight and even picking up some slack.

I agree with you on this. It's actually fun to watch these guys play ball. Even KJ is starting to look better. (not great so no one flame me just for saying KJ has improved by alot. I am not saying put him in the HOF.)

Hervoyel
09-19-2011, 01:25 PM

We did and we ran him right up to their goal line. I'm sure Tate was trying to put it in the end zone those last couple of carries before we hit the victory formation. Gary didn't push it past that but I don't think he would have been upset if Tate had pushed it through and I don't think Tate just went through the motions either.

Remember back in 2004 (I think) when Domanick Davis ran the ball late in a game we had sewn up against the Titans at Reliant and busted through for like a 30-40 yard TD? It was like that. You run out the clock and whatever happens just happens.

Carr Bombed
09-19-2011, 01:25 PM
It's like the Cardinals game (just talking in general here) Matt Schaub is clutch and gets us a lead...defense can't hold it. Schaub is forced to pass again and BAM..INT. Now he's not clutch and blew the game. Defense makes plays and Schaub is "CLUTCH" on the road. It's all perception and the defense didn't do Schaub any favors at all to help him change that perception.

HJam72
09-19-2011, 01:26 PM

Can't argue with that. Sure hope J-Jo don't get hurt.

Speaking of the secondary, I didn't know Quinn and KJ (caused the fumble that Quinn recovered) could hit like that. That was completely unexpected. See what KJ can do when he doesn't fall down? LOL

Carr Bombed
09-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Can't argue with that. Sure hope J-Jo don't get hurt.

Speaking of the secondary, I didn't know Quinn and KJ (caused the fumble that Quinn recovered) could hit like that. That was completely unexpected. See what KJ can do when he doesn't fall down? LOL

If he gets hurt, we're screwed. When Joseph went out that secondary started to look like last year's secondary. If I was Rick Smith I'd keep a eye out for any available veteran corners just in case.

Big Lou
09-19-2011, 01:37 PM
I was going to post an thread discussing the fans reaction to this game. I will admit during the game, I was thinking "what the hell, Houston's playing like crap", but when you look at the numbers the Texans bested the Dolphins, maybe not in dominate fashion, but highly succesful. Before the stats I will say, Schaub isn't up to his week 6 form yet, the O-Line was a little shacky in pass plays, and the D-Line was beat in a lot of running plays, and the red zone was rough for Houston but we won and here are the stats:

Score:
Dolphins 13 (Could have been 16)
Texans 23 (Could have been 30, if Kubiak acted like Saban)

Total Yards:
Dolphins: 306 (Almost held a team to under 300 yards!!!)
Texans:345 (Not Texan like, but suffecient considering we were nursing a lead)

TOP:
Dolphins: 25:54
Texans: 34:06 (Thats dominating!!!!)

Take Aways:
Dolphins: -2
Texans: +2

I think that the Dolphins are a solid team, not grea but solid. What the Pats did to them was more about a divisional foe, more than a statement as to the Dolphins sucking. In fact the Dolphins D played a very smart game, they were dicsiplined and they are hard nosed. Sure I would have liked to have seen a 35-0, 500+ yard Texans win, but I think this was a solid outing.

Speedy
09-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Agree with you. Sometimes, you just have to "grind out a win." We're not going to put up 30 points every single week. This is the NFL. It's competitive.

That's right. And the difference from last year is that if they didn't score 30, it was a loss. Nice that you can still win a football game only scoring 23, and still have 10 points to spare.

Marcus
09-19-2011, 02:20 PM
;)

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1778919&postcount=915

:ahhaha:

euro-Texan
09-19-2011, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=
I think that the Dolphins are a solid team, not grea but solid. What the Pats did to them was more about a divisional foe, more than a statement as to the Dolphins sucking. In fact the Dolphins D played a very smart game, they were dicsiplined and they are hard nosed. Sure I would have liked to have seen a 35-0, 500+ yard Texans win, but I think this was a solid outing.[/QUOTE]

This was the kind of performace the Steeler have taken to the Superbowl

GlassHalfFull
09-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Oh no, that's not what it was. :) He was complaining about how we knelt the ball down on the 1 yard, instead of letting Ben Tate run it in the endzone. He didn't care that it was 10 point game...with only 26 seconds left. :rolleyes: It was a ridiculous call.

Thanks for the clarification. My reading comprehension sucks on Monday mornings.

Hehe, I put you over 4K

TimeKiller
09-19-2011, 04:37 PM
I actually wonder what it would take for people to go, "**** YEAH WOOOO BABY TEXANS WIN!!!" Like....70 to negative 70, that's right, the other team got their asses so kicked the officials actually started making up rules to take away points from the other team.

Matt Schaub learns magic, uses flying carpet to escape rushes?

Our defense uses jet fueled motorbikes to get after the QB?

Kubiak falls on a sword everytime a 3rd down isn't converted?

IT'S TWO THOUSAND MUTHATRUCKIN ELEVEN FOLKS. Yeah, the Texans history is about as enjoyable as being stuck a bag full of baby doo. That's why you shouldn't dwell on it. They've been 2-0 before and blown it. Thanks for that but I can actually remember last year on my own.

TEXANRED
09-19-2011, 04:44 PM
I actually wonder what it would take for people to go, "**** YEAH WOOOO BABY TEXANS WIN!!!" Like....70 to negative 70, that's right, the other team got their asses so kicked the officials actually started making up rules to take away points from the other team.

Matt Schaub learns magic, uses flying carpet to escape rushes?

Our defense uses jet fueled motorbikes to get after the QB?

Kubiak falls on a sword everytime a 3rd down isn't converted?

IT'S TWO THOUSAND MUTHATRUCKIN ELEVEN FOLKS. Yeah, the Texans history is about as enjoyable as being stuck a bag full of baby doo. That's why you shouldn't dwell on it. They've been 2-0 before and blown it. Thanks for that but I can actually remember last year on my own.
Win this next game and you will get that from me.

Win this game on the road and prove to me that the Texans have turned a corner. That is when you will get the **** Yeah!!!

Hardcore Texan
09-19-2011, 05:20 PM

Humpty Dance FTW!!!!

michaelm
09-19-2011, 05:33 PM

Over/under for the number of times the word chump(s) will be used in this thread: 50

TheMatrix31
09-19-2011, 06:36 PM
All you have to do to see Schaub comes up big in games on the road is look back to last year's Jets game.

Down 23-6 (7?) and we battle all the way back in the fourth quarter, against the "vaunted Jets defense". Led by Schaub and Foster, of course. We scored like 20 points in that quarter. That didnt happen just to happen. Schaub was huge that game.

Then the defense gave it up in 50 seconds.

Then you had the game againstthe Redskins in Washington early last year. Again, Schaub and the offense having to do all the work in the second half since the defense dug themselves an early hole. Huge play after huge play by Schaub and the offense.

The idea that Schaub doesn't play well on the road is pretty absurd.

thunderkyss
09-19-2011, 09:22 PM
All I care about with the Texans are Wins and losses . When we had Dave of Fresno , I knew we couldn't win half the games . Right now I don't see a major hurdle that would trip the team up from going 10-6 or 11-5 . Can they up grade ... sure ... that's what we do in March .

JUST WIN BABY !

Is this because we're that good or because our schedule is that bad?

We were 3 point favorites to beat Miami. That tells me most people see our team closer to Miami than New England.

If our schedule is sooo easy, the Titans' schedule isn't much harder & they have a team that just thumped the Ravens..... something we have never done, not even close.

That doesn't mean that the Titans are better than we are, but it does mean they are better than we thought. We're only two games in, & we don't know who is who yet. Jacksonville may win 10 games.

Is Peyton officially out for the year? He may come back in week 8 and whip out a 9 game Colts win streak..... if the Collins led Colts can win 3 games.. we're screwed.

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, you know that ain't me. But while Ws & Ls are the most important thing, how we win is important as well.

If you think the Dolphins has a top 10 defense, I can understand being satisfied with yesterday's performance. If you think they suck (which for some reason, Texans fans think everyone sucks other than the Texans & the teams that constantly get national media attention), then you've got reason to be upset.

Texans_Chick
09-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Thought this thread was the start of a Sir Mix A Lot Song.