PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sanchez

gary
09-18-2011, 07:32 PM
I know the Jets have a great defense and they do have some weapons on offense too. I just feel like he is not that great of a quarterback really and he almost sets back an otherwise stellar Jests team the more I watch him play. JMHO. What do you guys think?

TexanBacker93
09-18-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm personally not a fan. I didn't like him at the University of Spoiled Children. He is fortunate to play on a team with a great D. It allows him to "manage" the game and hide some of his deficiencies.

gary
09-18-2011, 07:39 PM
He just does not thrill me.

Trap_Star
09-18-2011, 07:43 PM
how about stafford so far....beastin' it.

stingray
09-18-2011, 07:50 PM
I have beating this drum for the last three years. But people who don't really watch the game associate Sanchez and the jets as a great combo. He is really just an average Qb in the NFL.

brakos82
09-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Trent Dilfer doesn't even think he's good. :heh:

gary
09-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Plaxico has not even been used very much at all yet.

welsh texan
09-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Its strange how the QB is often seen as the be all and end all of a football team, in reality, if the QB is average, the team can be perfectly successful in spite of this.

Sexy Rexy went to the Superbowl and he isn't even average. OK if you've got the right QB, say Manning, he can completely carry a team, but really they've fallen short of the ultimate prize more often than they've actually won it despite looking like the best team in the league on a number of occassions.

That is why, no matter what deficiencies he may have, we should feel lucky to have Schaub back there, in reality he is probably and above-average-to-good QB who will never hit that truly elite level, but put the right tools around him and he is all you need to get the job done.

stingray
09-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Its strange how the QB is often seen as the be all and end all of a football team, in reality, if the QB is average, the team can be perfectly successful in spite of this.

Sexy Rexy went to the Superbowl and he isn't even average. OK if you've got the right QB, say Manning, he can completely carry a team, but really they've fallen short of the ultimate prize more often than they've actually won it despite looking like the best team in the league on a number of occassions.

That is why, no matter what deficiencies he may have, we should feel lucky to have Schaub back there, in reality he is probably and above-average-to-good QB who will never hit that truly elite level, but put the right tools around him and he is all you need to get the job done.

Your team can be good with an average QB but can your team win a title? I can only think of one team in the last twenty years that won a championship with a average Qb and that was the 2000 Ravens. And they might have had the best defense of all time.

stingray
09-19-2011, 04:36 PM
I forgot about the 2002 Bucs. But they also had an unbelievable defense.

welsh texan
09-19-2011, 05:11 PM
The Steelers have won a couple of times with Roethlisburger who I'd class as very good and also very clutch, but not quite elite.

Also the Giants, Eli is very good but I wouldn't call him Elite.

I hope we don't argue symantics here though, but I see no reason why either of these two are that much better than Sanchez can become.

Don't forget Sanchez is only in year 3, Schaub was in his 3rd year with the Texans and 5th year in the league before he even convinced this board that he was any good so there is still time.

gary
11-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Sanchez just continues to hold the back IMHO.

thunderkyss
11-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Sanchez just continues to hold them back IMHO.

Is that what you mean gary?

If so, I can understand why you would say that.

But that defense gets no pressure without blitzing, which compromises passing defense. They have no running game.

They've done a pretty good job of getting talent on that team in a short amount of time, they've failed (I think) at making it a team.... that's a function of coaching.

Sanchez has some issues, but I don't think he is the main thing holding that team back. Running off at the mouth & writing checks your team has to cash, while poorly preparing them to pay up....

All that bravado can be just as useful on the sidelines & in the locker rooms, he doesn't need to throw it out in the media like he does.

gg no re
11-19-2011, 06:18 PM
criticizing the sanchize is not allowed

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/sanchez-GQ-new.jpg

Goatcheese
11-19-2011, 07:23 PM
How can we have a Mark Flenchez thread without

http://www.jerseyjetsfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Sanchez-flinch.gif

Playoffs
11-19-2011, 09:08 PM
^ Can we get a Boo! sound effect in that gif??? :D

I think what the OC is doing/calling is totally wrong-headed -- I don't like the changes.

infantrycak
11-20-2011, 09:42 AM

OK, I have never understood splitting the QB out wide. It makes no sense. Nobody respects him. Now before Schaub came to Houston I said Atlanta should run a two QB set with Schaub and Vick plus a RB. They missed a real opportunity. Think of all the things you can do with Vick as not the primary guy. Flip it to him and they have to crash the line because of his running ability but if they drop coverage to do so he bombs one.

PsychoLove
11-20-2011, 09:50 AM

"You must spread reputation before giving it to Goatcheese again"!

Post of the day! :highfive:

Corrosion
11-20-2011, 11:13 AM

If that was me lined up across from Sanchez .... I woulda laid the wood to him. Line a QB up somewhere other than his traditional position and ..... the rules that apply to protecting a QB no longer apply .... hit him and hit him hard.

Wolf
11-20-2011, 11:17 AM
yeah and after the flinch ,it was still even funnier
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86704

thunderkyss
11-20-2011, 12:46 PM
If that was me lined up across from Sanchez .... I woulda laid the wood to him. Line a QB up somewhere other than his traditional position and ..... the rules that apply to protecting a QB no longer apply .... hit him and hit him hard.

I wouldn't even wait for the snap, I'd knock the piss out of him & make Schotenheimer(sp) really think about putting him out there again.

Take that Wildcat out of the play book.

Corrosion
11-21-2011, 12:13 AM
I wouldn't even wait for the snap, I'd knock the piss out of him & make Schotenheimer(sp) really think about putting him out there again.

Take that Wildcat out of the play book.

Yeah , I'd take the 5 yard penalty to knock the piss outa him ..... or any other QB you stick out there. Well worth it getting a free one at the opponents QB.