PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Fan: Texans are our curse

Air Canada
09-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Texans are a curse. just bizarre how our games with them go

:user: Made me laugh as there have been times when we feel the Texans are a curse onto themselves... We improved to 6-0 all time against the Phins... And 2-0 on the season... complain later... I'm enjoying the win.

Here are some other ones... That I found enjoyable...

Hey, there's Andre Johnson. Apparently, that's how it's done.

Take a lesson Marshall. That's a REAL WR. More catching, less talking.

Hey Brandon, that is how you go get it, THAT is an elite receiver.

That looked like it was overthroown. Lmao. Hey lets single cover andre johnson.

Look AJ killing us again no surprise there.

There goes one half of our "best CB duo in the NFL" getting burned again

Here we go, that is how you catch the ****ing ball. Hope Marshall was watching.

Look at that Houston has a real top five WR who can catch the god damn ball.

I thought Vontae had good coverage there, he jus got beaten by elite player.

Fact: Andrew Johnson bought more tickets than local Dolphins fans.

164 tickets... that's how many Andre Johnson had to buy for his folks!
...so you can thank him as well for this game being on TV

I see what we are doing here ... we're letting the Texans score quickly so we can have another shot at missing a FG lol

lmao defense calls TO to give Texans more time....wow

Schaub looks gimpy. Our only chance.

:lol:

MEGA SWATT
09-18-2011, 07:51 PM
I really appreciate your scouting the opponent's fan board for some great info!:spin:

GP
09-18-2011, 07:55 PM
It's too bad Sparano is going to have to cut his kicker tomorrow.

I mean, he gets one blocked and misses a gimmee the next time down there.

Come on, coach. You know you gotta' cut the one guy every week who just blew the whole game for ya'. Do it. DO IT. do it.

Air Canada
09-18-2011, 07:58 PM
I really appreciate your scouting the opponent's fan board for some great info!:spin:

YEP... This has become my new hobby... each week... we'll get the opposing fans perspective b4 during the week and following the game :fans:

badboy
09-18-2011, 08:56 PM
I actually thought marshall looked good.

Lucky
09-18-2011, 09:01 PM
It's too bad Sparano is going to have to cut his kicker tomorrow.
Sparano is not far from being cut himself. Mike Nolan will probably be the interim head coach by the week 5 bye.

Showtime100
09-18-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm reading their thread now. Not a lot of love for Nolan Carroll over there but damn, the guy was left alone with Andre quite a bit.

Carroll ... meet the exhaust of one of the best WRs in the NFL

TdotTexas2Step
09-18-2011, 09:09 PM

I agree, minus a few miscues, he was outstanding. He was pretty much their only threat, and it was quite obvious Miami would go to him on certain downs, and he still came up with the ball. He played well against every corner that was matched up against him, even Joseph.

Fortunately, we caught on later in the game and did what we needed to do take him out of the equation.

Air Canada
09-18-2011, 09:26 PM
I agree, minus a few miscues, he was outstanding. He was pretty much their only threat, and it was quite obvious Miami would go to him on certain downs, and he still came up with the ball. He played well against every corner that was matched up against him, even Joseph.

Fortunately, we caught on later in the game and did what we needed to do take him out of the equation.

They mainly were ripping him cuz he had a couple big drops.... One of them was a sure TD against Allen :ahhaha:

Ryan
09-18-2011, 11:09 PM
Even AJ dropped a catchable ball....sh*t happens.

keyser
09-18-2011, 11:16 PM
I haven't been following the Texans from the beginning, so I might be missing something, but is there any other team that we've done nearly this well against? 6-0 vs. the Dolphins is crazy, especially considering the overall losing record of the team, and how infrequently we've played most teams so far.

Air Canada
09-18-2011, 11:18 PM
I love this foreshadowing from them right b4 our last scoring drive.....

Carroll still on Johnson... WHY?!

lol we have Carrol on AJ.

Nolan Carroll on Andre Johnson is not going to end well.

:fingergun:

GlassHalfFull
09-18-2011, 11:22 PM
I like being someone's curse.

TexansFanatic
09-18-2011, 11:24 PM
I haven't been following the Texans from the beginning, so I might be missing something, but is there any other team that we've done nearly this well against? 6-0 vs. the Dolphins is crazy, especially considering the overall losing record of the team, and how infrequently we've played most teams so far.

No, there's not anything even remotely close to this kind of success against any other team in the Texans' short history. And it truly is kind of a bizarre fluke---in my opinion---considering the changes in personnel and coaching both teams have seen over the years.

The Texans are also undefeated against the Bears and the Panthers but they've only played those teams twice.

Lucky
09-18-2011, 11:27 PM
No, there's not anything even remotely close to this kind of success against any other team in the Texans' short history.
The Texans 5-1 record versus the Raiders is pretty close to their domination of the Fins.

Jackie Chiles
09-18-2011, 11:35 PM
The Texans 5-1 record versus the Raiders is pretty close to their domination of the Fins.

Ugh, still can't believe we lost to Jamarcus Russel in that slopfest in Oakland. The horror.

TexansFanatic
09-18-2011, 11:35 PM

Quite right. That's also amazing.

I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but it would be fun to see the total wins/losses of the Raiders and Dolphins during the stretch of time each team has been dominated by the Texans. My guess is that the Raiders have sucked more but I could be wrong.

Malloy
09-19-2011, 01:52 AM
Well, we have a very nice losing record to the COlts, but that's not really what you meant is it ? :)

House of Pain
09-19-2011, 02:01 AM
Well, we have a very nice losing record to the COlts, but that's not really what you meant is it ? :)

At least we've beat them...what about the Jets? I still have a bitter feelings towards them after watching them dominate us on our home opener in person. I'm not even going to talk about last year.

DocBar
09-19-2011, 06:23 AM
It's crazy how some teams just have another team's number. We can own the Fins and Raiders but can't get over the hump with the Jets and Ravens. It took extraordinary play from both last season to beat us. The Jets came back on us and we came back on the Ravens. Well, I'm planning on being at the Ravens game this year, so me and my Cushing jersey ( evidently, that's the only one I remembered to bring with me to Ohio) will be our good luck charm in Maryland.

Corrosion
09-19-2011, 06:33 AM

Marshall is a beast .... I'd love to have that guy across from AJ.

DocBar
09-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Marshall is a beast .... I'd love to have that guy across from AJ.That would be freakin awesome. The more I think about it, the more I think we'll be looking WR in the '12 draft. The offense has been pretty much ignored the last few drafts. OT and WR with a liberal sprinkling of TE's (old habits die hard) will be the theme in the next 2 drafts. Write it down.:lion:

Playoffs
09-19-2011, 07:29 AM

I did, too. He's a tough matchup.

Corrosion
09-19-2011, 11:05 AM
That would be freakin awesome. The more I think about it, the more I think we'll be looking WR in the '12 draft. The offense has been pretty much ignored the last few drafts. OT and WR with a liberal sprinkling of TE's (old habits die hard) will be the theme in the next 2 drafts. Write it down.:lion:

Yeah , but looking at the lack of talent on defense , they didnt have a whole lot of choice but to expend a lot of resources on that side of the ball.

I can see them spending a high pick for the right WR , also think they will look to beef up DT and the interior of the OL (How long is R.Butlers deal?)

Foster will be due a new contract after the season , wonder what next seasons cap looks like and how they fit new players in when they are so close to that number now.

I did, too. He's a tough matchup.

Three plays really stood out to me from Marshall

1) J Jo had perfect coverage on him , he just went up higher and brought it down ....

2) J Jo looked to have him stopped short of a first down , made a hell of a play to get the first

3) Made Jason Allen look like a kid trying to tackle a man , shoving him five yards into the endzone.

NitroGSXR
09-19-2011, 11:15 AM
6 and 0 eh?

So this is what it feels like to Manning-nize a team? I can sense the *********gery in me itching to come out.

Air Canada
09-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Yeah , but looking at the lack of talent on defense , they didnt have a whole lot of choice but to expend a lot of resources on that side of the ball.

I can see them spending a high pick for the right WR , also think they will look to beef up DT and the interior of the OL (How long is R.Butlers deal?)

Foster will be due a new contract after the season , wonder what next seasons cap looks like and how they fit new players in when they are so close to that number now.

Three plays really stood out to me from Marshall

1) J Jo had perfect coverage on him , he just went up higher and brought it down ....

2) J Jo looked to have him stopped short of a first down , made a hell of a play to get the first

3) Made Jason Allen look like a kid trying to tackle a man , shoving him five yards into the endzone.

Play that stood out.... When he dropped that TD pass... so glad he did... :spin:

Ndevine7
09-19-2011, 11:54 AM
It's crazy how some teams just have another team's number. We can own the Fins and Raiders but can't get over the hump with the Jets and Ravens. It took extraordinary play from both last season to beat us. The Jets came back on us and we came back on the Ravens. Well, I'm planning on being at the Ravens game this year, so me and my Cushing jersey ( evidently, that's the only one I remembered to bring with me to Ohio) will be our good luck charm in Maryland.

I am hoping to make it to that game also. Hopefully its the ravens that played the titans instead of the ravens that played the steelers

Hervoyel
09-19-2011, 12:19 PM
That would be freakin awesome. The more I think about it, the more I think we'll be looking WR in the '12 draft. The offense has been pretty much ignored the last few drafts. OT and WR with a liberal sprinkling of TE's (old habits die hard) will be the theme in the next 2 drafts. Write it down.:lion:

I dunno, maybe we need to be thinking RT in the next draft.

welsh texan
09-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Talking of next years draft, its lovely not to be ranking positions where an immediate upgrade is necessary RIGHT NOW for a change.

I'd say that the top of the draft will likely go over to the D again, I don't recall any defense making the transition from 4-3 to 3-4 in one season only, and no matter how well Wade makes it work I'm sure he will feel the need to add more talent that fits the system next year.

That said, we clearly could do with upgrading the OT position and I'd actually like to see Brown moved to RT and upgrading at LT eventually.

Also, with AJ having an ever decreasing amount of time left at the top of his game it is probably the right point to look for a top prospect WR this year or next, to put across from him at first and move to #1 in 3/4 years when he's ready.

vupac1
09-19-2011, 01:14 PM
God, the mere thought of the Post-Andre era is so scary it's depressing... Can we pull a ATL and trade away our draft to move up for Blackmon?? haha

Errant Hothy
09-19-2011, 01:51 PM
I dunno, maybe we need to be thinking RT in the next draft.

NT and ILB might still be priorties as well.

houstonspartan
09-19-2011, 01:55 PM
God, the mere thought of the Post-Andre era is so scary it's depressing... Can we pull a ATL and trade away our draft to move up for Blackmon?? haha

It's scary, but we have to address it. Andre Johnson is a human being, not a robot. At some point he will retire from football. We have to prepare for that. We can't be like Indy and "tra-la-la" along with no plan for replacing our best player. You see where that got them.

gg no re
09-19-2011, 07:52 PM
It's scary, but we have to address it. Andre Johnson is a human being, not a robot. At some point he will retire from football. We have to prepare for that. We can't be like Indy and "tra-la-la" along with no plan for replacing our best player. You see where that got them.
A few losses away from Andrew Luck?

DocBar
09-20-2011, 01:45 AM
I bet it will take the Texans having the next perfect season to break this curse over the Dolphins. We should try to break that curse this year. :D

b0ng
09-20-2011, 08:44 AM

I don't like the idea of post-Andre Texans either but lets not mimic what Atlanta did with their drafting last year.

thunderkyss
09-20-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm shocked that most of us are already over the Miami game & looking forward to the Saints. I don't think I've ever seen this board move on from one game to the next so fast.

This is like the only current thread dealing with the Miami game.

DocBar
09-20-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm shocked that most of us are already over the Miami game & looking forward to the Saints. I don't think I've ever seen this board move on from one game to the next so fast.

This is like the only current thread dealing with the Miami game.This is a good thing to me. I can't wait to see the board after a win on Sunday. It'll be nuts on here.

Corrosion
09-20-2011, 01:22 PM

This is like the only current thread dealing with the Miami game.

Ive been looking at that game since the schedule was released ..... as well as the games with the Ravens and Steelers soon to follow. Thats a tough stretch of games and a hell of a measuring stick for this team.

Norg
09-20-2011, 02:03 PM
he said schaub was gimpy i agree

He was so Happy feet and seem uncomfortable alot during this game and started to back track

This game he needs to step up into the pocket MOre !!!!! not backtrack hes a tall QB Step up into the POCKET !!!!!!!!!

drs23
09-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Ive been looking at that game since the schedule was released ..... as well as the games with the Ravens and Steelers soon to follow. Thats a tough stretch of games and a hell of a measuring stick for this team.

I agree with that but don't sleep on the Raiders either.

hadaad
09-20-2011, 04:13 PM
he said schaub was gimpy i agree

He was so Happy feet and seem uncomfortable alot during this game and started to back track

This game he needs to step up into the pocket MOre !!!!! not backtrack hes a tall QB Step up into the POCKET !!!!!!!!!

I dunno. He can be jittery if it gets us a W. Not like he had a terrible performance.