PDA

View Full Version : Johnathan Joseph eval against Dolphins

badboy
09-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Gives bigger Wrs all they can handle. On the INT, it seemed like Joseph recognized that Henne was in trouble and he then released WR. He then seemed to recognize the target area the ball would be thrown to and JJ zeroed in on it. Slow motion review would have to confirm but if I am right, that is what the millions purchased.

Uh, oh as I type this Joseph comes off field shaken up.

Section516
09-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Watt.. Fg block

badboy
09-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Kareem got a flag for pulling on jersey but saved a TD imo. That is a vet move. Tackling seems more crisp and solid. Basics like Dline putting hands up are impacting this game.

badboy
09-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Crap! Joseph out with ankle injury!!

Ryan
09-18-2011, 05:06 PM
You jinxed him for spelling his name wrong.

At least you edited it now. :wadepalm:

Carr Bombed
09-18-2011, 05:14 PM
This was the knock on the guy....no wonder the Bengals decided to sign their other corner.

He was hurt during preseason and now he's hurt now......so glad he was able to make it 5 quarters into the NFL season. :rolleyes:

TdotTexas2Step
09-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Is there an official word on his injury and time frame?

badboy
09-18-2011, 05:22 PM
You jinxed him for spelling his name wrong.

At least you edited it now. :wadepalm:Caught that after I posted but could not edit the header.

badboy
09-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Ok, he is back on field must not have been a bad injury.

welsh texan
09-18-2011, 06:32 PM
The D seemed to crumble when JJo went off, glad he came back in because it was starting to look ugly.

As for Jackson I thought he played well, the Pass Interferance saved the TD and he looks far better for not being the #1CB out there.

Ryan
09-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Didn't he go back out after coming back in?

The Cush
09-18-2011, 06:54 PM

When Foutts mentioned that Joseph was back on sidelines, it was during a stretch when it was primarily our backups on the field. He was able to finish the game

The Third Man
09-18-2011, 07:34 PM
This was the knock on the guy....no wonder the Bengals decided to sign their other corner.

He was hurt during preseason and now he's hurt now......so glad he was able to make it 5 quarters into the NFL season. :rolleyes:

So, the Texans should not have signed the guy?

badboy
09-18-2011, 07:45 PM
But returned to sidelines quickly and I never saw him again.

The Cush
09-18-2011, 07:58 PM

He came back in. He played during the defensive series where they acted like they were going to go for it on 4th down (the Dolphins second to last posession). He was also in the final defensive series

badboy
09-18-2011, 08:02 PM
He came back in. He played during the defensive series where they acted like they were going to go for it on 4th down (the Dolphins second to last posession). He was also in the final defensive seriesGood news. I was bragging on him and he goes out. Comes back in and then went out. Thought he might be hurt pretty bad. thanks for your input.

digitalswim
09-19-2011, 03:07 AM
Sprained ankles can linger especially at his position. It's gonna suck real bad if he can't go against the Aint's. Brees scares the hell out of me. Wade is gonna have to dial up the heat or it could be our 1st shootout of the season.

The Cush
09-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Sprained ankles can linger especially at his position. It's gonna suck real bad if he can't go against the Aint's. Brees scares the hell out of me. Wade is gonna have to dial up the heat or it could be our 1st shootout of the season.

Did they announce he has a sprained ankle? I haven't found an injury report anywhere

Rey
09-19-2011, 10:56 AM

I could have sworn Joseph was in on the last defensive series.

The commentators said that it was McCain that forced the WR out of bounds, but that was Joseph if I remember correctly.

Section516
09-19-2011, 11:04 AM
I could have sworn Joseph was in on the last defensive series.

The commentators said that it was McCain that forced the WR out of bounds, but that was Joseph if I remember correctly.

He was out, came back after the half for a few plays, went out again, and was back out, came back in for what i REMEMBER, the last two series.

The Cush
09-19-2011, 11:19 AM
He was out, came back after the half for a few plays, went out again, and was back out, came back in for what i REMEMBER, the last two series.

There was a period at the start of the 4th where Wade pulled out almost all of the starters except for Cush and Demeco and we held them to a field goal. After that, he was in for the rest of the game

digitalswim
09-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Did they announce he has a sprained ankle? I haven't found an injury report anywhere

When Sunday's game was slipping away, Johnathan Joseph had them wrap his right foot in so much tape that it barely resembled a foot at all.

"You have to play sometimes when you are banged up," he said later.

He said this almost an hour after the game. Joseph was the last player out of the training room, the last to dress and the last to board the team bus for the airport.

He was walking gingerly, and he has been around long enough to know his right ankle is going to be screaming today.

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Texans-newcomer-Joseph-sets-proper-tone-in-win-2177188.php

They don't call it an ankle sprain explicitly but clearly he has (hopefully minor) issues.