PDA

View Full Version : Texans re-sign fan favorite Anderson

Texans34Life
09-13-2011, 02:03 PM
http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-to-work-out-free-agent-WR-Anderson-Tuesday-2167405.php

David Anderson is one of the free agent receivers the Texans are going to work out on Tuesday.

With Kevin Walter nursing a badly bruised shoulder, the Texans are looking to sign a veteran. He played his first five seasons with the Texans. He was a salary cap casualty who signed with Denver.

Anderson was waived by the Broncos in their roster reduction to 53. He flew from Denver to Houston on Monday night and will work out at their Methodist Training Facility.

Coach Gary Kubiak said Walter will be reevaluated on Wednesday. He didn't rule Walter out of the Miami game.

The odds are that Walter will be sidelined. Jacoby Jones would replace him. Bryant Johnson would move up a spot, creating an opening for a fourth wideout.

76Texan
09-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Workout David Anderson? Whatever for?
Don't they know enough about him already?
Maybe they want to see if he had tied his tongue in knot so as not to interfere with his play? :choke:

BigBull17
09-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Please no. Work out other people. This ship has sailed.

DexmanC
09-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Signing him will appeal to the Jacoby Haters.
The only reason they hate on Jacoby is because
he is here, and Anderson is not.

We all know that...

the goofy "string dance" marked the last time
he scored an NFL touchdown (THREE YEARS
AGO!)

BigBull17
09-13-2011, 02:22 PM

We all know that...

If KW is going to miss time, I would rather get a fast guy to run a fly or post to stretch defenses than the DA 1 yard drag 2 yard gain.

c10x
09-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Supposedly also working out Quan Cosby.

jaayteetx
09-13-2011, 02:23 PM

We all know that...

thats total bs, the jacoby "haters" as you put it have a problem with his hands and fumbling...thats it...

DexmanC
09-13-2011, 02:23 PM
If KW is going to miss time, I would rather get a fast guy to run a fly or post to stretch defenses than the DA 1 yard drag 2 yard gain.

But he's so "reliable," though!

BigBull17
09-13-2011, 02:25 PM
But he's so "reliable," though!

Need a yard, he gets you 2. Need 5 yards, he gets you 2.

Mr. White
09-13-2011, 02:28 PM
I was hoping this would happen. I'd love to have the guy back on the roster.

76Texan
09-13-2011, 02:30 PM

:spit:

I think DA is better than that, but your comment was pure gold!

Honoring Earl 34
09-13-2011, 02:38 PM

We all know that...

AGO!)

We have Walter , Daniels , Casey , Dreessen , Graham , and maybe Anderson . That has to sting for us to look like the 58 Colts .

DexmanC
09-13-2011, 02:40 PM

LMAO! Rep.

BigBull17
09-13-2011, 02:44 PM
I was hoping this would happen. I'd love to have the guy back on the roster.

I'm sure Dre will appreciate him someone to carry his bags, but I want a guy who can actually contribute...

Dutchrudder
09-13-2011, 02:49 PM

Was he coached by Greg Davis?

ChampionTexan
09-13-2011, 02:55 PM

So your saying that prior to July 30th of this year (the date that Anderson was released) there were no Jacoby haters?

infantrycak
09-13-2011, 03:06 PM

We all know that...

BS - people have been wanting to cut JJ long before Anderson was cut.

Perception would not seem to meet reality.

% of receptions for 1st downs:

Anderson - 62%, 10.9 ypr
Reggie Bush - 35%, 7.3 ypr
JJ - 65%, 12.8, ypr
Walter - 65%, 12.3 ypr
AJ - 65%, 13.6 ypr
Houshmanzadeh - 63%, 11.5 ypr
Bryant Johnson - 65%, 12.5 ypr

Only one significant outlier among these (picked Bush since we are about to play him and Anderson and Housh because they have been mentioned as connected to these tryouts).

I am not saying bring Anderson back because he has been here before. Just providing some perspective information. I hope they pick the person with the best chance to help if called upon. Familiarity is a factor but shouldn't be the only one.

Texans34Life
09-13-2011, 03:16 PM

link?

Texans34Life
09-13-2011, 03:22 PM
General McLame mentions it was DA and a few other receivers in his chat today, but never mentions who the other ones are. But he is adamant that DA will be on this squad.

Rey
09-13-2011, 03:31 PM

Anderson - 62%, 10.9 ypr
JJ - 65%, 12.8, ypr
Walter - 65%, 12.3 ypr
AJ - 65%, 13.6 ypr

Only one significant outlier among these (picked Bush since we are about to play him and Anderson and Housh because they have been mentioned as connected to these tryouts).

I am not saying bring Anderson back because he has been here before. Just providing some perspective information. I hope they pick the person with the best chance to help if called upon. Familiarity is a factor but shouldn't be the only one.

Good post.

I understand why folks are hard on JJ and expect him to perform better more consistently, but I never understood the DA dislike...

And I also agree that they should sign the best man for the job whomever that may be.

ObsiWan
09-13-2011, 03:40 PM

Anderson - 62%, 10.9 ypr
JJ - 65%, 12.8, ypr
Walter - 65%, 12.3 ypr
AJ - 65%, 13.6 ypr

That data is incomplete without showing how many first downs those percentages represent. (where's TPN?)

Link?

Texans_Chick
09-13-2011, 03:47 PM
I'd like DA because it wouldn't disrupt anything.

They wouldn't have to spend any energy at all getting him up to speed or telling him how to do things in this offense. The offense is all about route running and possession. He runs the right routes, means less chance of turnovers, opening up the offense for where in the route tree the ball is supposed to go for that play.

He's not unfamiliar with the city.

This all means more time spent on game prep, and less time on babysitting.

Also knows what Marciano wants.

Reason he's being worked out is to make sure that he's 100% healthy. He's been in the Broncos camp--no telling if he has any sprains, etc.

An added plus factor is that he is a good locker room guy. Teammates like him. No disruptions.

ObsiWan
09-13-2011, 03:49 PM
So who gets cut to make room? I thought if a guy went on IR he was done for the year. Are they ready to write off KW for the year???

Big Lou
09-13-2011, 03:51 PM
We have Walter , Daniels , Casey , Dreessen , Graham , and maybe Anderson . That has to sting for us to look like the 58 Colts .

Gives new meaning to the Texans Marketing Teams "Liberty White" games.

Mr. White
09-13-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm sure Dre will appreciate him someone to carry his bags, but I want a guy who can actually contribute...

Pretty strong reaction for a guy that's trying to get the #4 spot for just above the vet minimum.

Which "contributors" are out there right now? I'm sure it's a real list of studs.

Ole Miss Texan
09-13-2011, 04:02 PM
That data is incomplete without showing how many first downs those percentages represent. (where's TPN?)

Link?
Just go look up how many receptions each player had and that should take care of the actual 1st downs number you're looking for.

nfl.com

76Texan
09-13-2011, 04:16 PM

They wouldn't have to spend any energy at all getting him up to speed or telling him how to do things in this offense. The offense is all about route running and possession. He runs the right routes, means less chance of turnovers, opening up the offense for where in the route tree the ball is supposed to go for that play.

Reason he's being worked out is to make sure that he's 100% healthy. He's been in the Broncos camp--no telling if he has any sprains, etc.
An added plus factor is that he is a good locker room guy. Teammates like him. No disruptions.

That could be, Steph!
However, I think it was just formality (or going by the books) in Anderson's case.
It may be just my (wishful) thinking, but I see the relationship between DA and the coaching staff (especially Kubiak) has always been an open book.

Neither will jeopardize the other by not disclosing the neccessary information.

Agree on all the other points!

The Pencil Neck
09-13-2011, 04:33 PM

Link?

I'm not sure exactly where those percentages came from.

I checked NFL.com and these were the numbers I came up with:

David Anderson - 11 receptions, 45.5 first down percentage, 5.005 first downs.

Reggie Bush -- 34 receptions, 29.4 first down percentage, 9.996 first downs

Jacoby Jones -- 51 receptions, 60.8 first down percentage, 31.008 first downs.

Kevin Walter -- 51 receptions, 64.7 first down percentage, 32.997 first downs

Andre Johnson -- 86 receptions, 68.6 first down percentage, 58.996 first downs

T.J. Houshmandzadeh -- 30 receptions, 63.3 first down percentage, 18.99 first downs

Bryant Johnson -- 18 receptions, 61.1 first down percentage, 10.998 first downs

But I only looked at last year's stats. ICack may have chosen some other time period.

ThaShark316
09-13-2011, 05:18 PM
@McClain_on_NFL: The #Texans have signed FA WR David Anderson. He played the last 5 years with them, gives them 5 receivers.

ObsiWan
09-13-2011, 05:34 PM
@McClain_on_NFL: The #Texans have signed FA WR David Anderson. He played the last 5 years with them, gives them 5 receivers.

Well, looks like the jester is back
...for now.

I thought we had 53, I still want to know who gets cut to make room for him.

Again, I thought IR was for all year. Is it not?

PhilpW
09-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Well, looks like the jester is back
...for now.

I thought we had 53, I still want to know who gets cut to make room for him.

Again, I thought IR was for all year. Is it not?

Who went on IR? It wasn't Walter.

texanskan
09-13-2011, 05:55 PM
I would guess we drop the ninth OL-man

ObsiWan
09-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Who went on IR? It wasn't Walter.

No one.
I'm asking IF KW will have to go on IR to make room for Anderson. If not, who gets cut?

ChampionTexan
09-13-2011, 06:10 PM
No one.
I'm asking IF KW will have to go on IR to make room for Anderson. If not, who gets cut?

I'm guessing Carmichael either waived or IR'd.

ChampionTexan
09-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Or Bulman.

McClain_on_NFL John McClain
To make room on the roster for WR David Anderson, the Texans waived DE Tim Bulman.

imatexan
09-13-2011, 06:20 PM
I'll take it, already knows the system and has been a decent player over the years.

TejasTom
09-13-2011, 06:31 PM
But I only looked at last year's stats. ICack may have chosen some other time period.

Looks like career percentages.

Andreson: 50 first downs / 81 receptions = 62%

Ryan
09-13-2011, 06:31 PM
At least Jacoby won't be dancing alone in pregame or smack talking opposing fans alone anymore!

vupac1
09-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Most likely candidate to get waive would be Carmichael to me.. I still don't even know why he made the team to begin with

El Tejano
09-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Quan Cosby would've been a better choice. He would fit in here because people would say Quan Crosby!

tielahr
09-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Texans waived DE Tim Bulman to make room for David Anderson.

per McClain

SAMURAITEXAN
09-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Guy knows the system, familiar with Texans's player, comedian, and good dancer(funny dancer and dancing team mate of JJ). Welcome back DA.

Go Texans!!! Next up is Tuna. Cut them up and make Sushi for me.

Nawzer
09-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Welcome back David Anderson! Good signing by the Texans because not only can he play the slot, but he'll play special teams and can fill in as a punt returner.

jjjezebel
09-13-2011, 07:15 PM

Not to mention he's FREAKIN' ADORABLE! Welcome back Li'l Bit! :hurrah:

Lucky
09-13-2011, 07:30 PM

Anderson's the #4 WR (until Walter is healthy), so his return is a big whoop to me. But when his pluses are his familiarity with the area, doesn't require babysitting, and is good in the locker room, you realize just how little he brings to the table.

Please come back soon, Kevin Walter.

...not only can he play the slot, but he'll play special teams and can fill in as a punt returner.
When was Anderson ever a legit punt returner?

GP
09-13-2011, 07:35 PM
This is funny. You can't write comedy better than this.

I'm sure Tim Bulman is a big David Anderson fan today. What a damn joke.

ILLOGICAL REASONING FACTOR #1:

We waived Tim Bulman to bring back David Anderson when we already had AJ, JJ, Bryant Johnson, OD, Dreesen, and Graham--That's 6 "receiving targets" without needing to add DA.

ILLOGICAL REASONING FACTOR #2:

Kubiak originally decided to go with just 4 WRs to start the season. But we needed that 5th WR all of a sudden with Walter having merely a bruised shoulder???

SAME OLD SHIT, AS USUAL:

Hello Kubiak favoritism. Pays to be a FOK'er (Friend Of Kubiak'er). I bet poor Gary had listless nights where he paced the floor, devastated that his adopted son didn't catch on with the Broncos after being let go for financial reasons by McNair and Smith.

Call me angry, call me bitter, but this sort of thing is so 2006.

And I could care that he adds entertainment value. Some people obviously like players who give us something to talk about (such as MRI tweets and MTV Cribs videos). Big whoop.

(Sigh)....

jjjezebel
09-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Wow, some folks put on their grumpy pants this morning. I mean geez...he probably won't even play that much. So what's wrong with bringing back someone (a lot of) the fans like, who knows the system from the get-go, and who doesn't cause any hate and discontent in the locker room?

HouSportsWriter
09-13-2011, 08:21 PM
http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2011/09/13/Texans-re-sign-fan-favorite-Anderson/UPI-74981315960120/

:woot:

eriadoc
09-13-2011, 08:26 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say favorite. But he was a 7th round pick that did better than most 7th round picks. The world loves overachievers.

JamesBill
09-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Wow, some folks put on their grumpy pants this morning. I mean geez...he probably won't even play that much. So what's wrong with bringing back someone (a lot of) the fans like, who knows the system from the get-go, and who doesn't cause any hate and discontent in the locker room?

It comes at the expense of Tim Bulman for starters. Also he isn't exactly a "replacement" for Walter because I doubt he can cut block as well.

Personally I find him funny but a little self promoting. Same reason Winston is starting to get on my nerves.

The Chronic has an awesome picture to go with the story:

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-bring-back-wide-receiver-David-Anderson-2168911.php

The Cush
09-13-2011, 09:00 PM
Get your umbrellas out...SPLASH!!!!

GP
09-13-2011, 09:07 PM

You won't accept what I would say right here, because you like him and he's adorable. So where do we go from here? Nowhere.

CloakNNNdagger
09-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Welcome back David Anderson! Good signing by the Texans because not only can he play the slot, but he'll play special teams and can fill in as a punt returner.

In college he had 25 punt returns averaging a little over 4.7 yds per return.

In 2007, he had 1 punt return for 0 yds and in 2010, he had 4 returns for and average of 6.5 yds.

(In 2006, the only year he returned kicks, out of 3 returns, he did averag 30 yds.)

Speedy
09-13-2011, 09:30 PM
ILLOGICAL REASONING FACTOR #1:

We waived Tim Bulman to bring back David Anderson when we already had AJ, JJ, Bryant Johnson, OD, Dreesen, and Graham--That's 6 "receiving targets" without needing to add DA.

Don't forget Casey, Foster, Tate, and Slaton. And Walter whenever he comes back in a week or 2. 11 guys who can catch a football isn't enough?

I don't have a huge problem with DA, I just don't see the need for him.

steelbtexan
09-13-2011, 09:33 PM

Please sign Quan and let him KR/PR.

Gary/Rick cant afford to lose JJ/Manning on ST's.

FOKer

jjjezebel
09-13-2011, 09:54 PM
You won't accept what I would say right here, because you like him and he's adorable. So where do we go from here? Nowhere.

Fair enough. :handshake:

thunderkyss
09-13-2011, 09:54 PM
The only thing that perturbs me about this, is that the Broncos believe they have 4 (or 5) receivers better than Anderson on their roster & we don't.

I think it was yesterday that I heard McClain say Randy Moss isn't a possibility because we only want receivers who can block (for the running game)...

Then we resign David Anderson.

michaelm
09-13-2011, 10:01 PM
The only thing that perturbs me about this, is that the Broncos believe they have 4 (or 5) receivers better than Anderson on their roster & we don't.

I think it was yesterday that I heard McClain say Randy Moss isn't a possibility because we only want receivers who can block (for the running game)...

IMO, Gary is big on guys who know his system, will make the proper reads and run correct route.
He would rather have a less talented player who is on the same page as his QB, than a great athlete who might not put in the amount of effort needed to learn the system thoroughly (looking at you Moss).
It's a product of his background as a QB.
He wants guys he can trust, even if they aren't game breakers.
I think that's also why Bryant Johnson is with the team. I think he was able to prove to Kubiak that he can make the reads, and run proper routes.

76Texan
09-13-2011, 10:07 PM

Hey, the Texans had him block a DE straight up one time (he lost, of course, but wasn't terrible.) :kitten:

Lucky
09-13-2011, 10:14 PM
We don't need John McLame to tell us why the Texans won't sign Randy Moss. We know. And in this case, I'm OK with that. Walter will be back soon enough. Jones and Bryant Johnson will have to pickup the slack. Foster will be back soon enough, as well. Throw in Daniels, Dreessen, and Casey. Plenty of weapons to ride out Walter's absence.

SheTexan
09-13-2011, 10:15 PM

Who pays any attention to what John McClain has to say!!? He makes sheeeet up, and we all know it.

As for DA, I have no real opinion. My only thought is that if it makes Schaub and AJ happy then why should I worry. Besides, I think he is just insurance for a couple weeks, a little extra padding, JUST IN CASE! I have to admit, I was upset that Bulman got cut, but, maybe they know something we don't. He didn't suit up for the Colts game either.

Andrew6
09-13-2011, 10:18 PM
I approve having Anderson back! :spin:

dtran04
09-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Dude won't ever see the field and will be cut once Walter is healthy.

Don't think the Texans once used 4 WR in the last game. Hell, they didn't even use 3 WR once Walter went out. They don't need to.

Brando
09-13-2011, 10:24 PM
I wanted to bring somebody else in with size AND speed. I'm looking forward to Bryant Johnson getting more playing time.

ChampionTexan
09-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Dude won't ever see the field and will be cut once Walter is healthy.

Don't think the Texans once used 4 WR in the last game. Hell, they didn't even use 3 WR once Walter went out. They don't need to.

You can bet he'll see the field on special teams, and with only four other WR's (counting Walter), I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see him hang around even after Walter gets back.

I always felt they'd eventually get back to 5 WR's, I just didn't think it would be this way - or that it'd be D.A.

Vinnie
09-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Wait, refresh my memory again on what's so wrong with DA? I remember him making first downs and such.

bckey
09-13-2011, 11:51 PM

We all know that...

AGO!)

Damn DexmanC. I agree with you most of the time but not on this. I call bs on this one. They are 2 totally different type of receivers. And for the record Jacoby has had his share of problems. Jacoby is more valuable to the team because he can break one at any time and has more upside. DA is just a move the chains type but he is clutch and already knows the system.

thunderkyss
09-14-2011, 04:22 AM
Who pays any attention to what John McClain has to say!!? He makes sheeeet up, and we all know it.

As for DA, I have no real opinion. My only thought is that if it makes Schaub and AJ happy then why should I worry. Besides, I think he is just insurance for a couple weeks, a little extra padding, JUST IN CASE! I have to admit, I was upset that Bulman got cut, but, maybe they know something we don't. He didn't suit up for the Colts game either.

How do we know Schaub & AJ are happy? Just because they are repeating the company line?

Chances are they both wanted to take a flyer (& that's what this is) on T.O.

GNTLEWOLF
09-14-2011, 07:06 AM
How do we know Schaub & AJ are happy? Just because they are repeating the company line?

Chances are they both wanted to take a flyer (& that's what this is) on T.O.

I agree with this. I want to see or hear from AJ and Schaub without Texans PR filters how they really feel.
I just can't help but wonder if there weren't some more talented receivers out there that Kubiak and Smith did not even consider.
On another note... Put them on a scale....Tim Bulman on one side.... Anderson on the other.... Hmmm...which one could have really been the best option for the Texans to keep. I think Bulman, but then again, I'm not Gary Kubiak. Wonder how on-board Wade really was with this?

brad77
09-14-2011, 07:21 AM
I approve having Anderson back! :spin:

I thought you might....lol...
Glad to see him back .I think he is good in the slot position....I guess at this point we should be thankful things didn't work out for him in Denver and we were able to get him back when we needed him.

TimeKiller
09-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Damn DexmanC. I agree with you most of the time but not on this. I call bs on this one. They are 2 totally different type of receivers. And for the record Jacoby has had his share of problems. Jacoby is more valuable to the team because he can break one at any time and has more upside. DA is just a move the chains type but he is clutch and already knows the system.

Idk if you know what angle he makes every post from......he's just past crazy in the land of the obsessed.

As for DA, I wish he would just go do stand up like he wants to. He's an awful receiver.

BigBull17
09-14-2011, 07:33 AM

Cause he will have little to no impact on the team. He is taking up a roster spot and will do just a shade over what I contribute.

Anderson's the #4 WR (until Walter is healthy), so his return is a big whoop to me. But when his pluses are his familiarity with the area, doesn't require babysitting, and is good in the locker room, you realize just how little he brings to the table.

Please come back soon, Kevin Walter.

When was Anderson ever a legit punt returner?

He fumbled against Tennessee one year, does that count? JJ is a playmaker who can fumble, how about a non-playmaker who does the same?

I wouldn't go so far as to say favorite. But he was a 7th round pick that did better than most 7th round picks. The world loves overachievers.

You know who went after DA? Colston. Much better receiver. I know, hindsight, but who could think a 5'8 white dude was better than a 6'4 black man? Only a coach who is buddies with the midget.

BigBull17
09-14-2011, 07:42 AM
I thought you might....lol...
Glad to see him back .I think he is good in the slot position....I guess at this point we should be thankful things didn't work out for him in Denver and we were able to get him back when we needed him.

HE DOES NOTHING! He is a waste of roster space and if he stays on after KW gets back it is a wasted roster spot. There are 20 guys on the street who could come in here and actually contribute to the sucess of our team. If DA gets snaps, we're ****ed. He cant get seperation, because he is slow. Not Welker like because he isn't agile. Doesn't have the big body to block people out. This is all a bad combination for a wide receiver. Just mind boggling that so many people squeal for joy when a guy who damn near has no right to be in the NFL makes our squad.

prostock101
09-14-2011, 07:59 AM
Thought this blurb from PFT was interesting.....

"In Houston, receiver David Anderson (who was signed) had to compete with David Clowney, Quan Cosby, Craig Davis, Dominique Edison, Darnell Jenkins, and Keith Null. Quarterbacks Rhett Bomar and Keith Null also had tryouts likely because the Texans needed someone to throw to the seven receivers they auditioned."

Blake
09-14-2011, 08:04 AM
I am surprised at the animosity to DA. Texans asked him to come back and try out, he did, Texans signed him. Why so serious?

Rey
09-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Cause he will have little to no impact on the team. He is taking up a roster spot and will do just a shade over what I contribute.

There are a few players on the team that will be doing less or just as little as Anderson.

I get that he isn't some great player, but the guy can complete simple tasks and catch balls when called upon.

The dude is not just some complete do nothing. For a guy with no skills who does not see much playing time, he has been decent production wise.

Texan_Bill
09-14-2011, 08:42 AM
I am surprised at the animosity to DA. Texans asked him to come back and try out, he did, Texans signed him. Why so serious?

I dunno, but I'm okay with it. I'd much rather bring in someone who already knows this offense than someone that would need a few weeks on the learning curve. What good would that be when KW may be back in that amount of time?

*EDIT*
I love the mentality that suggests WR's are interchangeable from offense to offense.

ChampionTexan
09-14-2011, 08:53 AM
I'm not jumping for joy the DA's back, but I'm not upset about it either. This is after all a guy who played in almost all the games (and actually started several) for one of the NFL's better offenses over the last two years.

And I'm the first to admit it's not like he's what you'd call a big reason for that success, but at the same time, he's obviously not making mistakes and costing the team yards, points or games. Even with Walter out for a game or two or possibly more, I definitely believe there's something to be said for continuity and the avoidance of errors and mistakes.

hadaad
09-14-2011, 09:00 AM
If I'm bringing in a guy to be a #4 or #5, on an offense that is as good as ours is, I want someone who won't disrupt things (TO), who'll try hard (Moss), and who can come in and contribute positively without a whole lot of learning curve (highly-regarded rookies/youngsters). I kinda saw Anderson coming back the minute I saw that Denver had released him.
Sure, sometimes you have to jump at upside, raw talent, and a big name, but sometimes you just need to feed the machine.

thunderkyss
09-14-2011, 09:00 AM
I dunno, but I'm okay with it. I'd much rather bring in someone who already knows this offense than someone that would need a few weeks on the learning curve. What good would that be when KW may be back in that amount of time?

*EDIT*
I love the mentality that suggests WR's are interchangeable from offense to offense.

If KW comes back healthy... especially if he takes a couple of snaps this Sunday, then that means we have time to let someone else learn the system.

DexmanC
09-14-2011, 10:08 AM

The ONLY thing Anderson does is catch the ball. He doesn't get YAC,
and he hasn't scored a touchdown in THREE YEARS. I don't understand
how he gets as much love as Jacoby gets hate.

Jacoby catches the ball, gets YAC, scores touchdowns, and is
a BEAST punt returner. David Anderson simply catches the ball
and immediately goes down. By comparison, he doesn't contribute
much on the field. In the locker room, they could save
a couple chips by paying Toro a little overtime.

It's simply confusing.

BigBull17
09-14-2011, 10:22 AM

It's simply confusing.

Yes sir. He catches the ball almost uncovered and still doesnt get YAC. I will take a drop here and a fumble there with JJ cause he is going to make it up to you with a huge play. And at least the other team has to actually cover him. I would let DA run, cause he isn't going to hurt you.

SheTexan
09-14-2011, 10:27 AM

It's simply confusing.

BEAST punk returner?????? OK, I'm done laughing! He took ONE to the house on Sunday and he's a BEAST!? Sorry, I have nothing against JJ, but, a BEAST he ain't!

GP
09-14-2011, 10:30 AM
HE DOES NOTHING! He is a waste of roster space and if he stays on after KW gets back it is a wasted roster spot. There are 20 guys on the street who could come in here and actually contribute to the sucess of our team. If DA gets snaps, we're ****ed. He cant get seperation, because he is slow. Not Welker like because he isn't agile. Doesn't have the big body to block people out. This is all a bad combination for a wide receiver. Just mind boggling that so many people squeal for joy when a guy who damn near has no right to be in the NFL makes our squad.

Rep your way.

That we even tried out so many other WRs and DA "beat them for the spot" is the ultimate irony, to me. I'm so sure DA is better than Quan Crosby. LOL.

CloakNNNdagger
09-14-2011, 10:38 AM
An example of overwhelming familiarity trumping overwhelming talent.

BigBull17
09-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Rep your way.

That we even tried out so many other WRs and DA "beat them for the spot" is the ultimate irony, to me. I'm so sure DA is better than Quan Crosby. LOL.

Why waste the other guys time when they knew with 100% certainty they were looking for any possible excuse to bring back undenyable sub-par talent.

jaayteetx
09-14-2011, 10:44 AM

It's simply confusing.

Dude, is that you Jacoby? Maybe Jacoby's cousin? Brother? Or maybe DA stole your high school sweetheart away from you? Gotta be something.

ThaShark316
09-14-2011, 10:45 AM
:ahhaha:

This is comedy. Complaining about the signing of a 4th WR.

BigBull17
09-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Dude, is that you Jacoby? Maybe Jacoby's cousin? Brother? Or maybe DA stole your high school sweetheart away from you? Gotta be something.

In no realm of sanity is DA anywhere near as valuable to a team as JJ. This isn't a personal attack on the guy, by either of us. We both just don't understand the appeal of DA. Familiarity? I know the offense better than some FA wide receivers, do I get a roster spot? He is the worst receiver on the list of guys we worked out, yet here he is. It's just abd football.

Texans_Chick
09-14-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm not sure what the issue is here.

With an in-season add, you aren't likely going to get a huge difference maker. You just don't want a guy you have to babysit. Knows assignments, knows special teams.

This is not Madden. I think some fans underestimate the impact of chemistry/continuity, especially in a team game like football.

The Texans tried to upgrade athleticism at the spot. Gave Anderson the opportunity to catch on with a different team. Didn't work out for either the Texans or Anderson, so here we are.

DexmanC
09-14-2011, 11:01 AM
BEAST punk returner?????? OK, I'm done laughing! He took ONE to the house on Sunday and he's a BEAST!? Sorry, I have nothing against JJ, but, a BEAST he ain't!

After you're done yuckin' it up, go back and count how many touchdowns
were robbed from his returns by crappy blocking. Joe Marciano got
the horses in 2011, and we will see Jacoby in the Probowl.

drunkcookie
09-14-2011, 11:02 AM
JJ is better than DA, obviously... But we're talking apples an oranges... DA's a 4 and that's all we expect him to be... Make an unexpected catch here or there and bam, back to doing nothing, sir!

JJ on the other hand is expected to do a lot more and hasn't done it consistantly, so he's caught more hell...

I like JJ, and think he's coming around... He's an easier target for critisism because he's involved in 10x the number of plays DA is...

DexmanC
09-14-2011, 11:14 AM
JJ is better than DA, obviously... But we're talking apples an oranges... DA's a 4 and that's all we expect him to be... Make an unexpected catch here or there and bam, back to doing nothing, sir!

JJ on the other hand is expected to do a lot more and hasn't done it consistantly, so he's caught more hell...

I like JJ, and think he's coming around... He's an easier target for critisism because he's involved in 10x the number of plays DA is...

It's just that the same people who load heaps of praise on DA for
intangible, invisible value, are the same ones who load heaps
of criticism on Jacoby, who just makes big plays and scores
touchdowns.

I'm having difficulty following the logic.

So.. If you DO have tangible proof of contribution, you get crapped on.
If you're just a guy who challenges Toro for the best contribution to
locker room entertainment you get praised?

Rey
09-14-2011, 11:20 AM
If KW comes back healthy... especially if he takes a couple of snaps this Sunday, then that means we have time to let someone else learn the system.

I disagree.

Lets say KW doesn't play and Jacoby or Andre go down this Sunday.

Are you going to play a bunch of WR's that don't know what they are doing or would you rather have a guy that doesn't limit your play book?

That would only leave you with 1 WR that really knows what they are doing.

Rey
09-14-2011, 11:28 AM

With an in-season add, you aren't likely going to get a huge difference maker. You just don't want a guy you have to babysit. Knows assignments, knows special teams.

This is not Madden. I think some fans underestimate the impact of chemistry/continuity, especially in a team game like football.

The Texans tried to upgrade athleticism at the spot. Gave Anderson the opportunity to catch on with a different team. Didn't work out for either the Texans or Anderson, so here we are.

Excellent post.

drunkcookie
09-14-2011, 11:33 AM
touchdowns.

I'm having difficulty following the logic.

So.. If you DO have tangible proof of contribution, you get crapped on.
If you're just a guy who challenges Toro for the best contribution to
locker room entertainment you get praised?

Like I said, it's what each player's role on the team is, that's all it's about... DA as a 4 and JJ a quasi-2 (we'll just say a 2)

More is expected out of your 2 than your 4...

I'd rather have JJ on this team than DA, but JJ's role is more important, meaning more critisism for failure...

The Pencil Neck
09-14-2011, 11:40 AM
My problem with Jacoby is that he's unsafe with the ball. He makes some spectacular catches but he also drops some that he should have caught. He can get wild and sometimes holds the ball out away from his body where it's a fumble waiting to happen.

He's a very talented player with tons of potential but he doesn't play up to his potential.

David Anderson is in no way competition for Jacoby. They're on totally different levels doing totally different things. DA doesn't have 1/4th the talent that Jacoby has. He's no threat to go deep. He doesn't stretch the field. BUT. Like Dreessen, he'll find the spot where he's supposed to be and he'll catch the ball. He'll fight as hard as he can and he'll occasionally draw an offensive pass interference call because he's trying so hard.

I will bash Jacoby all day long because I expect a lot from him. And I'll praise David Anderson all day long because he's a blue-collar hard worker. At the end of the day, I'll take Jacoby and cut David Anderson. Although if you ask me that immediately after Jacoby has done something that's pissed me off, I'll answer the other way.

I've got no problem with David Anderson coming back. He knows the offense. There are other guys out there that are more talented. But this isn't about talent. This is about a guy being able to step onto the field and do his job. DA can do that.

Thorn
09-14-2011, 11:43 AM
My problem with Jacoby is that he's unsafe with the ball. He makes some spectacular catches but he also drops some that he should have caught. He can get wild and sometimes holds the ball out away from his body where it's a fumble waiting to happen.

He's a very talented player with tons of potential but he doesn't play up to his potential.

David Anderson is in no way competition for Jacoby. They're on totally different levels doing totally different things. DA doesn't have 1/4th the talent that Jacoby has. He's no threat to go deep. He doesn't stretch the field. BUT. Like Dreessen, he'll find the spot where he's supposed to be and he'll catch the ball. He'll fight as hard as he can and he'll occasionally draw an offensive pass interference call because he's trying so hard.

I will bash Jacoby all day long because I expect a lot from him. And I'll praise David Anderson all day long because he's a blue-collar hard worker. At the end of the day, I'll take Jacoby and cut David Anderson. Although if you ask me that immediately after Jacoby has done something that's pissed me off, I'll answer the other way.

I've got no problem with David Anderson coming back. He knows the offense. There are other guys out there that are more talented. But this isn't about talent. This is about a guy being able to step onto the field and do his job. DA can do that.

This is the best post out of the lot so far, and I agree with the points made.

buddyboy
09-14-2011, 12:09 PM

Did anyone else notice how he was swinging that ball on his punt return for a touchdown? Sure, it worked out, but I'd sure like to see that ball up a little higher for a player who's had past issues with fumbling the ball.

infantrycak
09-14-2011, 12:11 PM
In no realm of sanity is DA anywhere near as valuable to a team as JJ.

Which is why the team kept JJ. So what? This comparison is stupid. Maybe there is one out there but you and Dex and the rest of the anti-DA crew find posts where people advocated keeping DA OVER JJ. Yes there were posts saying cut JJ. That's different.

touchdowns.

Prove it. Find anyone who said cut JJ and make DA the #2-3 WR for the team.

People who said cut JJ (and I disagreed with that position) said find someone to upgrade the #2-3 WR position. They didn't say promote DA into the position. This whole thread is built on a false premise of one v. the other for the same role on the team.

drunkcookie
09-14-2011, 12:16 PM
This whole thread is built on a false premise of one v. the other for the same role on the team.

Yah, that's how I see it... tilting at windmills"...

BigBull17
09-14-2011, 12:17 PM

You use Dreesen as a compairison, except that he is actually a good player who makes real contributions. DA can step on the field day one, and do...? next to nothing. This really isn't worthwhile cause we are same old Houston fan base. "A for effort"

Porky
09-14-2011, 12:17 PM
I don't get the DA hate and total over-reaction of GP in particular. Bulman should have been cut at the end of camp. He did nothing, and wasnt dressed last game.

If you don't sign a WR, you may go into this week and maybe another one or two after, with 3 WR active. What happens if JJ then gets hurt. Oh now you are down to two. God forbid if AJ might want to take a breather. No can do. Then you can't even run all of your formations out there. It's all nonsense.

DA isn't all that and a bag of chips but it was by far the most sensible choice for an in-season move. We all know he is limited physically/athletically but the guy can fall out of bed today, and go play a game for the Texans, he has hands like glue, he is a precise route runner, and can get loose some in the slot against an LB, is a gunner on a ST, and in a pinch can sub in for PR if JJ were to get hurt.

Where the freak is the downside in that? The guy was on the squad for 5 yrs for crying out loud, and not once did I see this level of acrimony. Now all of the sudden the world is going to end because we have DA on the squad instead of Bulman? Really? Really?

Some of you need to go to the Dr. and get a lifetime subscription for giant bottles of chill pills.

Thorn
09-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Some of you need to go to the Dr. and get a lifetime subscription for giant bottles of chill pills.

Good post there Porkster. And after reading it, I thought to myself, if this DA crap is something that is actually getting us all hot and bothered enough to devote a thread to it, then maybe things are actually looking up for this team.

drunkcookie
09-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Good post there Porkster. And after reading it, I thought to myself, if this DA crap is something that is actually getting us all hot and bothered enough to devote a thread to it, then maybe things are actually looking up for this team.

Exactly... annoyingly annoying as this thread is, I'm happy this is the biggest thing we've got to ***** about on a week 2 Wednesday...

TimeKiller
09-14-2011, 12:37 PM
You use Dreesen as a compairison, except that he is actually a good player who makes real contributions. DA can step on the field day one, and do...? next to nothing. This really isn't worthwhile cause we are same old Houston fan base. "A for effort"

Yeah Dreesen is a no-stat all-star. Dude blocks like a lineman and can get open. Decent hands, with a good pass he'll be truckin up some yardage. Excellent #2 TE.

With all that has been said, MAYBE just MAYBE DA realizes that being funny isn't all that important. Seemed like he concentrated on that more than improving himself. IF he gets a chance to actually play on the field, he better be WIDE open all day, because that's the only way he'll find any sort of security when KDub returns.

BigBull17
09-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Yeah Dreesen is a no-stat all-star. Dude blocks like a lineman and can get open. Decent hands, with a good pass he'll be truckin up some yardage. Excellent #2 TE.

With all that has been said, MAYBE just MAYBE DA realizes that being funny isn't all that important. Seemed like he concentrated on that more than improving himself. IF he gets a chance to actually play on the field, he better be WIDE open all day, because that's the only way he'll find any sort of security when KDub returns.

I love Dreesen. One of the more underrated players. I can appreciate guys with intangebles. Some players just don't have them. I would rather have a guy have to learn the offense and have talent, at least as a special teams player, than have the impact I believe DA will have.:butterfly:

Vinnie
09-14-2011, 12:46 PM
IF he gets a chance to actually play on the field, he better be WIDE open all day, because that's the only way he'll find any sort of security when KDub returns.

That's a pretty big if, I guess we'll see. I haven't looked at this as any more than a temporary bandaid. He'll likely be cut again once Walter is back even if he does do well in his limited roll. This move made the most sense for the short term. Some of yall really need to chillax. How did signing DA back to the squad to shore up a temporary problem become that the Texans were going to replace Jacoby? :overreact:

PHAROAH
09-14-2011, 12:47 PM
David Anderson is garbage and so are all of the Texans WR's except Andre Johnson. Lets face it we have no true 2nd option at the wr position and if Andre goes down we are toast.

infantrycak
09-14-2011, 01:01 PM
David Anderson is garbage and so are all of the Texans WR's except Andre Johnson. Lets face it we have no true 2nd option at the wr position and if Andre goes down we are toast.

I guess it is a good thing our non-elite QB can produce so well with garbage then.

Porky
09-14-2011, 01:01 PM

Good point! And I meant to say prescription, not subscription. :foottap:

Porky
09-14-2011, 01:04 PM

The second option is not a WR, but a TE in OD. Third option is a RB, Foster. Fourth option is a FB, Casey. Look, this team does not lack weapons. That is a ridicoulous statement.

While I agree that we may want to look at a WR pretty early in next seasons draft to take some load off of AJ, all this wailing and gnashing of teeth for no reason is interesting to watch.

GP
09-14-2011, 01:16 PM
It's not ultimately "a big deal," but it's frustrating to see a Never-Has-Been like DA being brought in like a Momma's Boy when we don't even need him. You guys say "But he knows the system, and that's important." Yeah, well Bryant Johnson didn't know the system at all, comes into a meaningless 3rd string vs. 3rd string final preseason game and comes away with a roster spot. So that shoots the "DA is familiar with the system" right out of the water, IMO.

Maybe Lombardi is right. Maybe we ARE soft. We make Momma's Boy moves like this all the time, pure sentimental "FOK'er" decision-making with a lot of moves.

I thought this might be the year that we cut guys like DA and Amobi and gravitate toward playing the best guys and not solely based on "reliability" which is a code word for "safe and slow."

And just because Bulman wasn't dressed doesn't mean he didn't have value. We have 53 guys on a total roster, but only 45 can be "dressed" for game day. That means 8 guys, a guy like Bulman, sit out "undressed." This means they are going to be activated if we have injuries on the defense...which is a real probability, and Bulman was insurance.

HERE'S THE UPSIDE (maybe):

DA could potentially/eventually be cut, and hopefully Bulman will be brought back on into his old place of "insurance against injuries on defense." I can foresee the Texans telling Bulman that he has a job here, still, once the situation with KW gets resolved. Then again, I can also foresee DA being on the roster the rest of the year.

It's not, technically, a big deal. Yeah, we get it: DA is like the guy sits at the end of the bench. Big whoop. It's the farcical way that Kubiak "tried out other WRs" alongside DA. LOL. Riiiiiggggghhhtttttt.

Rey
09-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Rosters are fluid in the NFL.

Bulman being/not being brought back doesn't have to directly be tied to the WR position.

The Pencil Neck
09-14-2011, 01:26 PM

What happens when OD goes down and Dreessen has to fill in for him? The TE spot virtually disappears as a weapon and the offense is nowhere near as prolific. As much as I like Dreessen and acknowledge that Dreessen is out there blocking and working hard, Dreessen is a guy that works hard, he does the things he's supposed to do but nowhere nearly as good as they need to be done by a starter.

DA is the same thing except worse. He goes out there and even though he's a small guy, he blocks and throws himself around doing what the playbook asks him to do. You can trust him to get to the places on the field where he needs to get, the seams in the zones and make the corrections to his route that Matt expects. But he doesn't get there quickly, he's a small target, and he's not going to break a lot of tackles once he makes the catch. Dreessen is the same thing in comparison to OD.

There's a point at which you prefer to have a guy like DA than a guy that's more talented but who doesn't know the system and will hurt the team more than help it.

GP
09-14-2011, 01:32 PM
What happens when OD goes down and Dreessen has to fill in for him? The TE spot virtually disappears as a weapon and the offense is nowhere near as prolific. As much as I like Dreessen and acknowledge that Dreessen is out there blocking and working hard, Dreessen is a guy that works hard, he does the things he's supposed to do but nowhere nearly as good as they need to be done by a starter.

DA is the same thing except worse. He goes out there and even though he's a small guy, he blocks and throws himself around doing what the playbook asks him to do. You can trust him to get to the places on the field where he needs to get, the seams in the zones and make the corrections to his route that Matt expects. But he doesn't get there quickly, he's a small target, and he's not going to break a lot of tackles once he makes the catch. Dreessen is the same thing in comparison to OD.

There's a point at which you prefer to have a guy like DA than a guy that's more talented but who doesn't know the system and will hurt the team more than help it.

At least your trying to use some sort of reasoning with this. Rather than the "He's so FUN!" or "He's CUTE!" approach.

In a small way, I disagree with the Dreesen comparison. He actually made a nice option at TE when OD was out with the injury in 2009, and when OD was still sort of finding his way again in the early parts of 2010. To me, Dreesen is closer to OD than DA is to anything else at the WR spot. I'd rather have Schaub flinging the ball at Bryant Johnson than to DA.

David Anderson last scored a TD three years ago. That's not an accident, he just cannot do several things that put him into position to get one.

My main gripe is that we need bodies on defense, even if they are not activated for game day, we need bodies in this 34 defense if we want a shot at keeping momentum when guys start getting hurt. Instead of using the roster spot for DA, I would have preferred it reserved for a guy on defense "who knows the system" as well.

infantrycak
09-14-2011, 01:36 PM
It's not, technically, a big deal. Yeah, we get it: DA is like the guy sits at the end of the bench. Big whoop. It's the farcical way that Kubiak "tried out other WRs" alongside DA. LOL. Riiiiiggggghhhtttttt.

OK, so who is the WR the Texans tried out who was so clearly superior as to make this decision farcical? They were reported to be interested in Houshmanzadeh but he didn't work out for them so apparently he wasn't interested in them.

Oh and FYI - last year while frequently trying to come from behind the Texans ran 4 WR sets about 11% of the time.

GP
09-14-2011, 01:41 PM
BTW, in regards to Dreessen/OD and DA/any other WR......

Joel Dreeseen had 4 TDs last year. Averaged about 14 yards-per-catch.

His longest was a 43-yarder.

He had 9 catches that were 20+ yarders, and 2 catches that were 40+ yarders.

In place of OD, he wasn't an OD clone...but he produced 4 TDs and stretched the field on 11 catches he made.

GP
09-14-2011, 01:44 PM
OK, so who is the WR the Texans tried out who was so clearly superior as to make this decision farcical? They were reported to be interested in Houshmanzadeh but he didn't work out for them so apparently he wasn't interested in them.

Oh and FYI - last year while frequently trying to come from behind the Texans ran 4 WR sets about 11% of the time.

I'm sort of like Anybody But Obama on this situation.

Answer, in terms of who is better than DA: Anybody but DA.

David Anderson's shortcomings have been listed over and over. His strengths, in no particular oder: He's cute, he's fun, he's reliable (Texans code word for "safe and slow"), and he won't cause any distractions.

The end.

Marcus
09-14-2011, 01:45 PM

C'mon cak ....really?

When you have bozos coming on here and saying stuff like "If we don't sign Moss, we don't really want to win".:rolleyes:

Yeah, someone's right about one thing. Same shit, different day.

GP
09-14-2011, 02:02 PM
C'mon cak ....really?

When you have bozos coming on here and saying stuff like "If we don't sign Moss, we don't really want to win".:rolleyes:

Yeah, someone's right about one thing. Same shit, different day.

This guy, GP, has never said "Sign Moss or else." In fact, it would be a huge mistake to sign him. It would be a huge mistake to sign T.O., as well.

You can't just paint with a broad brush like that, ya' know? One charge, from one person, can't lead to a separate and radically different charge from someone like yourself with what you just offered. You're connecting dots that aren't there, I'm afraid.

I'd rather we just stuck with Bulman as insurance for the defense, and then used Bryant Johnson in a real game to see what we got in the guy. He made catches in the 4th preseason game, Kubiak kept him on the 53-man roster, so I want to see what the guy can do in a real game.

I'm not saying DA takes snaps away from B. Johnson, either. Just would like to see someone with range and a bigger frame get a shot.

BigBull17
09-14-2011, 02:05 PM
BTW, in regards to Dreessen/OD and DA/any other WR......

Joel Dreeseen had 4 TDs last year. Averaged about 14 yards-per-catch.

His longest was a 43-yarder.

He had 9 catches that were 20+ yarders, and 2 catches that were 40+ yarders.

In place of OD, he wasn't an OD clone...but he produced 4 TDs and stretched the field on 11 catches he made.

I know, thats why I considered it humorous that people compaired DA to JD.

Also, I'm sure I didn't once mention TO or Moss.

Texan_Bill
09-14-2011, 02:08 PM

Exactly what I was saying a few pages back.

ThaShark316
09-14-2011, 02:12 PM
7 pages...

LMAO!

EDIT: In the Dolphins game thread, I can't wait to see "damn, if we had Bulman, that 1st down doesn't happen..."

You people sicken me (Arian Foster voice)

Texan_Bill
09-14-2011, 02:15 PM
I disagree.

Are you going to play a bunch of WR's that don't know what they are doing or would you rather have a guy that doesn't limit your play book?

:peek: Oh no you di 'int!! :voodoo:

I'm supersticious!

Rey
09-14-2011, 02:16 PM
David Anderson last scored a TD three years ago. That's not an accident, he just cannot do several things that put him into position to get one.

Like beat out other guys that are ahead of him and more talented?

For the Most part DA has been a fourth receiver, 5th or 6th option kind of guy.

Dreesen has been a starter for good periods of time, and Even when OD is healthy he sees a good amount of playing time.

Look at James Casey...How many TD's has he caught since he's been here?
Doesn't mean he doesn't have talent, it just means that he hasn't had the playing time to make it happen.

I get that Anderson is not the most physically gifted guy in the world, but lets not act like non-physically gifted guys haven't made contributions and been good players for NFL teams. Running good routes, having good hands, knowing what to do are attributes no matter how much you and others want to belittle his ability.

infantrycak
09-14-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm sort of like Anybody But Obama on this situation.

Answer, in terms of who is better than DA: Anybody but DA.

This guy, GP, has never said "Sign Moss or else." In fact, it would be a huge mistake to sign him. It would be a huge mistake to sign T.O., as well.

You can't just paint with a broad brush like that, ya' know?

Really? - see above. Appears at least you can paint with a broad brush.

'd rather we just stuck with Bulman as insurance for the defense, and then used Bryant Johnson in a real game to see what we got in the guy.

How do you not get this? - we aren't going to IR Walter so we have to add a WR to have a 4 WR set option. Bulman was getting cut for whoever that 4th WR ended up being.

The Texans would be stupid to take the option of a 4 WR set off the table in favor of the last DLmen who might touch the field if he were even activated after a couple of the others were injured.

TexanBacker93
09-14-2011, 02:31 PM
I haven't seen information about the contract Anderson signed but I would imagine it's non-guaranteed and for not much more than the league minimum for a veteran. I can't imagine he stays around all season once Walter is able to go. This was a need move. You aren't going to bring Moss or Owens in here for a couple of weeks. Anderson knows the terminology. He knows the offense. He knows Schaub. He can step in and fill a role without issues. Yeah he isn't the flashiest pickup, but for the money he'll be fine. If Walter were definitely out all year I would imagine the Texans would look in a different direction.

HOU-TEX
09-14-2011, 02:55 PM
I've yet to figure out why DA's being compared to other WRs and TEs already on our roster. DA's being brought in as our 4th and potentially out 5th WR. Sure, he might see the field a time or two, but he's not coming in to take over a spot. If Walter can't go, DA will be our #4. If Walter goes, DA will be our #5 and possibly not even dressed out.

Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill...

GP
09-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Really? - see above. Appears at least you can paint with a broad brush.

I'd rather we just stuck with Bulman as insurance for the defense, and then used Bryant Johnson in a real game to see what we got in the guy.

How do you not get this? - we aren't going to IR Walter so we have to add a WR to have a 4 WR set option. Bulman was getting cut for whoever that 4th WR ended up being.

The Texans would be stupid to take the option of a 4 WR set off the table in favor of the last DLmen who might touch the field if he were even activated after a couple of the others were injured.

We don't have to have a 4th WR when we have James Casey and 3 or 4 RBs. ANY of those people can, DUH!, motion out and become your magical 4th WR! Why don't you get THAT? LOL. Geez.

Oh, and we have three TEs, too. So add OD and Dreesen, or even Graham in place of one of those two TEs, and you have your oh-so-very-valuable 4th WR set. We use TEs in ways that essentially make them a WR, ya' know.

Stay classy, as always.

Dutchrudder
09-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Why don't they just use OD as the #3 WR and let Dreesen be the #1 TE?

Porky
09-14-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't get how having Bulman as insurance on the Dline is somehow better than DA (or any other journeyman) as insurance at WR when we were already down one (4 instead of the usual 5) plus have an injury to #2 man KW.

Bulman is every bit the limited athlete, try hard guy on defense that DA is on offense. They are two peas in a pod. Call them David Bulman and Tim Anderson. They are as interchangable as pretzels and potato chips. But somehow cutting one in a position of strength to sign the other at a position with depth lacking, and somehow that's the end of the world?

If KW goes Sunday, there is a good change DA doesn't even dress. Bulman wouldn't have dressed regardless unless there were multiple injuries on the Dline. Bulman is a borderline roster guy on any team. When did he become Reggie White or something?

infantrycak
09-14-2011, 03:21 PM
We don't have to have a 4th WR when we have James Casey and 3 or 4 RBs. ANY of those people can, DUH!, motion out and become your magical 4th WR! Why don't you get THAT? LOL. Geez.

Because it is nonsensical. Teams aren't going to react the same way to motion as they do to lining up 4 WR. It is easy to see and something Kubiak takes advantage of all the time. Teams can game plan entirely differently if they know you don't have a 4th WR on the roster. And as if this isn't obvious, what about injury? So as you propose we go into a game with 3 WR's on the roster and Bryant goes down in the 1st quarter. Now what? Is Bulman going to put his popcorn on the ground and come in to be the 3rd WR? No, he would continue eating in his t-shirt and not contribute to either the WR or DL situation.

PS - 4th receiving threat and 4 WR set aren't even close to the same thing.

Stay classy, as always.

Make sure you make Bulman's bed before leaving, as always.

noxiousdog
09-14-2011, 03:26 PM

Overwhelming talent? Where?

Texans_Chick
09-14-2011, 03:27 PM

I have no idea why anyone would get bent out of shape by the Texans putting DA on the roster. All players have strengths, weaknesses but he does what the Texans need him to do: above average catch rate, runs precise routes. Catching the ball, moving chains valued higher than possibility of monster YAC (but not knowing offense)--ESPECIALLY at this point with no camp. Got to catch the ball first, got to be the right spot or the offense doesn't work.

His catch rate stats (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/15329/david-anderson).

ObsiWan
09-14-2011, 03:43 PM

Exactly... annoyingly annoying as this thread is, I'm happy this is the biggest thing we've got to ***** about on a week 2 Wednesday...

I've yet to figure out why DA's being compared to other WRs and TEs already on our roster. DA's being brought in as our 4th and potentially out 5th WR. Sure, he might see the field a time or two, but he's not coming in to take over a spot. If Walter can't go, DA will be our #4. If Walter goes, DA will be our #5 and possibly not even dressed out.

Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill...

You don't understand. After nine seasons bitching about various degrees of suckage, we're not used to having a team with no apparent weaknesses (at least after week 1).

Can't really gripe about the guys who start or even the backups. So we ***** about the 4th WR.

Hell, I even griped after a 34-7 win (but *I* was justified :D ).

We're fans; complaining is what we do.

Texans_Chick
09-14-2011, 03:44 PM

Oh, and we have three TEs, too. So add OD and Dreesen, or even Graham in place of one of those two TEs, and you have your oh-so-very-valuable 4th WR set. We use TEs in ways that essentially make them a WR, ya' know.

Stay classy, as always.

You would want only 3 WR dressed for the game? The Texans were a little light dressing 4 WRs last game, and in the post game it was mentioned that the injury to Walter limited some of the stuff they could do after their injury.

I don't think even bad offensive teams dress only 3 WRs on game day.

???

The Pencil Neck
09-14-2011, 03:56 PM
You would want only 3 WR dressed for the game? The Texans were a little light dressing 4 WRs last game, and in the post game it was mentioned that the injury to Walter limited some of the stuff they could do after their injury.

I don't think even bad offensive teams dress only 3 WRs on game day.

???

^^^ This.

If we're going to complain about anything, it shouldn't be that David Anderson is our 4th receiver but that we don't have a 5th receiver.

I don't feel comfy with 4 WRs suited up and ready to play on gameday.

drunkcookie
09-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Next thing you know, the Texans will do something else to address a need! NOOOOOOOO!

Double Barrel
09-14-2011, 04:19 PM
PS - 4th receiving threat and 4 WR set aren't even close to the same thing.

Interesting that this very simple concept is being lost in translation.

Like TC said, this isn't Madden where all players are pretty much interchangeable. Putting a RB at WR in the real world is like calling a tail a leg. The dog still has four legs regardless of what you call the tail.

You don't understand. After nine seasons bitching about various degrees of suckage, we're not used to having a team with no apparent weaknesses (at least after week 1).

Can't really gripe about the guys who start or even the backups. So we ***** about the 4th WR.

Hell, I even griped after a 34-7 win (but *I* was justified :D ).

We're fans; complaining is what we do.

lol! Yep, so true. If this thread is not indicative of the improvement of this franchise, I'm not sure what is a good example.

Nail-biting over a 4th WR and back-up DE that didn't even suit up last game?? Nice problems to have these days, y'know?

jjjezebel
09-14-2011, 04:28 PM
At least your trying to use some sort of reasoning with this. Rather than the "He's so FUN!" or "He's CUTE!" approach.

:peek: Hmm...why do I get the feeling this was aimed at me? Honestly, I usually take things a bit more seriously regarding football than just who's cute and who isn't. Really, I do. I was just in a silly mood last night.

gary
09-14-2011, 04:44 PM
This thread is just ridiculous and funny IMHO.

BigBull17
09-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Glad to see my favorite Texan has my favorite number. Yep, he's wearing 17. What disrespect to Mario Elle and Aaron Vojacek that David Anderson now taints that fine number. :foottap:

Rey
09-14-2011, 05:34 PM
lol! Yep, so true. If this thread is not indicative of the improvement of this franchise, I'm not sure what is a good example.

Nail-biting over a 4th WR and back-up DE that didn't even suit up last game?? Nice problems to have these days, y'know?

Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but I see it as indicative that people will just find something to complain about....:spin:

drs23
09-14-2011, 05:59 PM

Doc, if their talent is so overwhelming then why are they on the street? Real question.

Thorn
09-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but I see it as indicative that people will just find something to complain about....:spin:

I don't like your post. :lol:

False Start
09-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Good deal, I'm glad to have him back. :clap:

Playoffs
09-14-2011, 06:53 PM
In Houston, receiver David Anderson (who was signed) had to compete with David Clowney, Quan Cosby, Craig Davis, Dominique Edison, Darnell Jenkins, and Keith Null. Quarterbacks Rhett Bomar and Keith Null also had tryouts likely because the Texans needed someone to throw to the seven receivers they auditioned.

Wolf
09-14-2011, 07:52 PM
I can sum up this thread with a gif

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj117/_ballsdeep/texanslol2-1.gif

:user:

Texan_Bill
09-14-2011, 07:56 PM
WOW!! Dude, I thought the season started, which in effect would end the stupid ass threads!! FML! Apparently, I was wrong!!

:facepalm:

:gun:

infantrycak
09-14-2011, 08:06 PM
WOW!! Dude, I thought the season started, which in effect would end the stupid ass threads!! FML! Apparently, I was wrong!!

:facepalm:

:gun:

WOW, I thought you were smarter than this.

C'mon - you cant fix stupid.

eriadoc
09-14-2011, 08:12 PM
I can't believe this thread has gone eight pages. So I may as well add yet another post to the monstrosity.

DexmanC is obviously having issues understanding why some people (though he gives no specific examples) would criticize a player with a higher perceived ceiling and then be OK when a 7th round smurf WR with lame dance moves actually contributes a little bit. So I expect to see the same outrage from DexmanC in every Mario thread that's ever existed. Clearly, Mario is better than <insert lineman here>, so all the others should not be on the team, right?

Or, and I don't like to assume or infer things so I'll just ask outright: Dexman, is this because DA is white? You can be honest. We're all fellow Texan fans here.

Mr. White
09-14-2011, 08:12 PM
This thread

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/50smh.gif

Texan_Bill
09-14-2011, 08:36 PM
WOW, I thought you were smarter than this.

C'mon - you cant fix stupid.

You know me better than that!! I'm a glutton! :ahhaha:

DexmanC
09-14-2011, 11:56 PM
I can sum up this thread with a gif

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj117/_ballsdeep/texanslol2-1.gif

:user:

I got one.

Gary. They say DA should steal reps from Jacoby. What do you think?

http://i33.tinypic.com/2ccpl68.jpg

eriadoc
09-15-2011, 12:01 AM
I got one.

Gary. They say DA should steal reps from Jacoby. What do you think?

Who is "they"? Specifically.

buddyboy
09-15-2011, 12:07 AM

Yeah, I don't think anyone is saying DA is going to come in here and have significant playing time over JJ

DexmanC
09-15-2011, 12:07 AM
I can't believe this thread has gone eight pages. So I may as well add yet another post to the monstrosity.

DexmanC is obviously having issues understanding why some people (though he gives no specific examples) would criticize a player with a higher perceived ceiling and then be OK when a 7th round smurf WR with lame dance moves actually contributes a little bit. So I expect to see the same outrage from DexmanC in every Mario thread that's ever existed. Clearly, Mario is better than <insert lineman here>, so all the others should not be on the team, right?

Or, and I don't like to assume or infer things so I'll just ask outright: Dexman, is this because DA is white? You can be honest. We're all fellow Texan fans here.

One guy contributes every year when he catches first downs,
stretches the field to make it easier for other receiving options, gets
good field position with punt returns, catches touchdowns, etc.. and
is constantly spoken of negatively. Not much of a positive word ever
said about him.

The other guy has done (nothing) for THREE SEASONS, and gets cheered
for like he's Brian Piccolo. Not a negative word spoken about him by
the Jacoby-detractors.

How is this hard to understand? One guy makes contributions to
team WINS, and you guys remain silent about him or ridicule him when
he has a drop or two (like EVERY receiver.)

The other guy hasn't made an impact contribution to a WIN for this team,
in multiple seasons, yet the Jacoby-detractors go "wheee!!! My favorite
receiver whose YAC only comes from his mouth is back on the team!"

I just don't get it...

CretorFrigg
09-15-2011, 12:09 AM
DA isn't stealing reps from Jacoby. Until Kevin Walter is back, Jacoby is going to be our #2 receiver. DA will continue to play his role as a slot receiver. Kubiak probably wanted someone familiar with the system so that he could immediately plug DA in to a game.

eriadoc
09-15-2011, 12:12 AM
You haven't answered either of my questions. In fact, that you went to the trouble to respond to me without answering either of my very direct questions leads me to believe you're avoiding them on purpose.

DexmanC
09-15-2011, 12:26 AM
You haven't answered either of my questions. In fact, that you went to the trouble to respond to me without answering either of my very direct questions leads me to believe you're avoiding them on purpose.

Answer to question A: I'm simply referring to the change in tone
heard when these guys are spoken of.

Answer to question B: I answered this question by stating my reasons
in long form. Hopefully you can understand.

BullNation4Life
09-15-2011, 02:39 AM
To quote the Miz...

REALLY? REALLY! REALLY?.....REALLY?

People are bitching about a signing of a player who isn't even the 7th receiving option? REALLY? Nobody in this spot, no matter how talented or non-talanted, is even going to be a factor into the offense. you options are as follows...

Andre
Daniels
Foster
Walter (when not out)
Jones
Casey
Dreesen
Insignificant player (Anderson or whom ever)

Hell with Walter out, the guy is still 7th on the options list, so WTF is all the hub-bub about a player that isn't even going to see significant time on the field. They cut Anderson due to he made too much for what he was being used for, and now bring him back cheap, so freaking what....

Some of you folks need to pull the stick out because your giving yourself a bad case of the red ass...sheeesh....

Grams
09-15-2011, 06:17 AM
Really - this thread is still going?

Obviously they brought in someone who can help right away if necessary instead of someone who has to learn the system.

welsh texan
09-15-2011, 06:49 AM
Wow this thread is really something.

DA knows the system so when he gets in the game he can put himself in the right place to create space for those around him. He stayed on this team for a long time because he's so effective at this.

Could you do better if you had a preseason to coach somebody else up? Yes.
Is he the best option to fill in for a few weeks without any time to get to know the system? Yes

HJam72
09-15-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm going to laugh when DA starts Sunday and goes off on the Dolphins, LOL. :jk:

TimeKiller
09-15-2011, 07:57 AM

Did you really need to ask?

How many years of race-baiting do you need to just get it? Dex can't see football. He sees skin color. You can answer his question but it will just get turned around into something else because to him, the answer couldn't possibly as easy as "people would like JJ to stop fumbling and start making his unbelievable physical gifts into a monster WR". The answer to him is JJ is black, so people think negatively. DA is white so all the honkies love him.

Leave your race-baiting in the NON Sports talk forums. Or just let it the **** go Dex. For once.

Vinnie
09-15-2011, 08:17 AM
I'm going to laugh when DA starts Sunday and goes off on the Dolphins, LOL. :jk:

I thought about that last night watching the Welker 99 yard highlights. This thread would explode into 7 more pages.

Rey
09-15-2011, 08:24 AM

How many years of race-baiting do you need to just get it? Dex can't see football. He sees skin color. You can answer his question but it will just get turned around into something else because to him, the answer couldn't possibly as easy as "people would like JJ to stop fumbling and start making his unbelievable physical gifts into a monster WR". The answer to him is JJ is black, so people think negatively. DA is white so all the honkies love him.

Leave your race-baiting in the NON Sports talk forums. Or just let it the **** go Dex. For once.

Dex hasn't been the only one who has opposed DA and the signing of him.

Not sure why you guys felt the need to bring race into this discussion and then say he is a race baiting.

Looks like Sharpton isn't the only way who brings up race when there has been no mention of it.

drunkcookie
09-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Come this time next week the crow will be served as David Frickin' Anderson will be named AFC Player of the Week...

BigBull17
09-15-2011, 08:47 AM
To quote the Miz...

REALLY? REALLY! REALLY?.....REALLY?

People are bitching about a signing of a player who isn't even the 7th receiving option? REALLY? Nobody in this spot, no matter how talented or non-talanted, is even going to be a factor into the offense. you options are as follows...

Andre
Daniels
Foster
Walter (when not out)
Jones
Casey
Dreesen
Insignificant player (Anderson or whom ever)

Hell with Walter out, the guy is still 7th on the options list, so WTF is all the hub-bub about a player that isn't even going to see significant time on the field. They cut Anderson due to he made too much for what he was being used for, and now bring him back cheap, so freaking what....

Some of you folks need to pull the stick out because your giving yourself a bad case of the red ass...sheeesh....

Then why was it so important for him to know the system if he was 8th man off the bench? If he isn't needed, why not sign a better player and teach him the system. You can't learn it all, but you could learn a few things and contribute. Better than knowing the whole offense and being completly irrelevant.

But, I am white and am one of the people most pissed they brought him back. Am I race baiting? Why does it have to be about race? It's about a shitty football player being brought back and everyone basically blowing him. He is just that, a shitty football player that shouldn't have hung around as long as he has, yet here he is again. Same shit, different year.

Really - this thread is still going?

Obviously they brought in someone who can help right away if necessary instead of someone who has to learn the system.

But, even if he sees the field, he wont help. He has an extremly limited impact on this team. If he is on the field, the Dolphins should be very excited.

Well, they are allergic to covering white midgets, so who knows. However, DA would have caught the pass Welker caught on his 99yd td and been tackled with in 3 yards of where he caught the ball.

But, go ahead and keep telling yourselves that this was a strickly football decision. It wasn't. Kubiak was looking for any reason he could to bring back this little slow ass runt. DA is NOT an NFL calibur player. As long as he is on your team, you have a glaring hole. It's laughable that we are considered haters or idiots when we just see the truth.

I thought about that last night watching the Welker 99 yard highlights. This thread would explode into 7 more pages.

DA<<<<<<<<<<<<<Welker. The only thing similar about them is height and skin color. Welker is an ACTUAL football player.

noxiousdog
09-15-2011, 08:49 AM
If he isn't needed, why not sign a better player and teach him the system.

Who are these better players? It's not like they didn't sign Bryant Johnson before they went to DA. They're clearly looking around, but street free agents are there for a reason.

BigBull17
09-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Who are these better players? It's not like they didn't sign Bryant Johnson before they went to DA. They're clearly looking around, but street free agents are there for a reason.

I would say everyone on the list of players they worked out is better. We have seen the DA experiment, it is a failure.

Texan_Bill
09-15-2011, 09:01 AM

:facepalm: You know who "they" are. "They" are the conspiracy. "They" are those Euro racist pigs. :shades:

drunkcookie
09-15-2011, 09:02 AM
I would say everyone on the list of players they worked out is better. We have seen the DA experiment, it is a failure.

What has David Anderson done and/or not done to say he's bee a failure as a #4 WR?

If he's been the #3 then I'd agree, but he's a #4, which is basically just another body that has to be accounted for by the defense in this offense... basically a decoy who catches a ball every now and then...

Most teams are not going to have a #2 caliber WR at #4, they will have a #4 caliber WR there, which is what Anderson is... nothing more, nothing less...

Section516
09-15-2011, 09:06 AM
What has David Anderson done and/or not done to say he's bee a failure as a #4 WR?

If he's been the #3 then I'd agree, but he's a #4, which is basically just another body that has to be accounted for by the defense in this offense... basically a decoy who catches a ball every now and then...

Most teams are not going to have a #2 caliber WR at #4, they will have a #4 caliber WR there, which is what Anderson is... nothing more, nothing less...

Don't be silly..

We want a #1 with 1500/10 - AJ
a #2 with 1200/7 - Walter
a #3 with 1150/11 (like a boss)
a #4 with 1050/6
a TE with 1000/5
a #2 TE with 700/2
and a RB with 800/3

While having three 1000 YD rushers.

Cmon.

Duh

Vinnie
09-15-2011, 09:09 AM
DA<<<<<<<<<<<<<Welker. The only thing similar about them is height and skin color. Welker is an ACTUAL football player.

I'm not saying that's going to happen, I doubt DA even steps on the field. My point was if something like that were to happen this thread would keep on truckin' for seven more pages. With your obsession with the subject though, that may happen anyway.

drunkcookie
09-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Did you know:

That David Anderson is the first white WR with a last name consisting of three or more syllables to be cut by two teams and to have resigned with the team that originally cut him which is a team whose home city has a population of 500,000 or more, a female mayor and sits West of the Mississippi River with an interstate running through it that stretches from the Atlantic to the Pacific (and visa versa)?

Just made that up, but Useless Dumbass Stat Guy at ESPN needs to look into it, because I have faith it is accurate...

noxiousdog
09-15-2011, 09:22 AM

Do you have that list? I heard the names on the radio, but can't find them in print.

Thorn
09-15-2011, 09:24 AM
David Anderson is not from this planet. Just thought you should know that.

eriadoc
09-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Answer to question A: I'm simply referring to the change in tone
heard when these guys are spoken of.

And I call BS. This entire thread is (hopefully) nothing but a trolling session. I say hopefully, because if you're really that guy, you have much bigger issues in life and I pity you.

Answer to question B: I answered this question by stating my reasons
in long form. Hopefully you can understand.

No, you didn't answer. I was hopeful that you would understand the word "specifically", but I guess I'll spell it out for you: I want names and links to posts where anyone has said that DA should be taking snaps from Jacoby Jones.

Start producing or STFU. And go look up "straw man" argument, troll.

drunkcookie
09-15-2011, 09:29 AM

You're not the first person I've heard/read say/type that...

I hear that DA and Sasquatch stay up all night together watching The Longhorn Network...

Texan_Bill
09-15-2011, 09:30 AM

Distant relative of yours? :clown:

Mr. White
09-15-2011, 09:35 AM
One guy contributes every year when he catches first downs,
stretches the field to make it easier for other receiving options, gets
good field position with punt returns, catches touchdowns, etc.. and
is constantly spoken of negatively. Not much of a positive word ever
said about him.

The other guy has done (nothing) for THREE SEASONS, and gets cheered
for like he's Brian Piccolo. Not a negative word spoken about him by
the Jacoby-detractors.

How is this hard to understand? One guy makes contributions to
team WINS, and you guys remain silent about him or ridicule him when
he has a drop or two (like EVERY receiver.)

The other guy hasn't made an impact contribution to a WIN for this team,
in multiple seasons, yet the Jacoby-detractors go "wheee!!! My favorite
receiver whose YAC only comes from his mouth is back on the team!"

I just don't get it...

I really don't see why you have to hate one guy to like the other. They play 2 different roles IMO.

One guy's job is to stretch the field. The other guy's job is to catch passes in the middle and take hits.

If you think DA is really taking reps away from JJ, you might sell me if you can show me on film where
a. JJ goes over the middle
b. gets wrecked by a defender
c. still manages to hang onto the ball

Otherwise, I think we all know what the real issue is here.

BigBull17
09-15-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm not saying that's going to happen, I doubt DA even steps on the field. My point was if something like that were to happen this thread would keep on truckin' for seven more pages. With your obsession with the subject though, that may happen anyway.

Haha. I'm kind of a pitbull when I get passionate on a topic. If he goes off, I will write a song to apologize to DA and post it to youtube.

Dutchrudder
09-15-2011, 09:42 AM
When I saw the thread title, I was hoping it would be Mark Anderson, but whatever.

TheDrifter
09-15-2011, 09:47 AM
This thread is just ridiculous and funny IMHO.

Well said.

Da man. Duh.

TejasTom
09-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Do you have that list? I heard the names on the radio, but can't find them in print.

David Clowney, Quan Cosby, Craig Davis, Dominique Edison, Darnell Jenkins, and Keith Null.

Quarterbacks Rhett Bomar and Keith Null also had tryouts likely because the Texans needed someone to throw to the seven receivers they auditioned.

gary
09-15-2011, 10:09 AM
This signing will set the franchise back for years to come.

rmartin65
09-15-2011, 10:51 AM
This signing will set the franchise back for years to come.

Absolutely. I cannot see the Texans recovering from this move for years. That kind of cap hit, taking valuable bench time from other players, man, this is the worst move the Texans have made since drafting Andre Johnson.

TimeKiller
09-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Dex hasn't been the only one who has opposed DA and the signing of him.

Not sure why you guys felt the need to bring race into this discussion and then say he is a race baiting.

Looks like Sharpton isn't the only way who brings up race when there has been no mention of it.

Yeah. I'm opposed to it to, even though I'm white which clearly indicates me being a honky who loves Anderson. Just because Dex didn't have the balls to say he thinks people like Anderson more because he's white doesn't mean he isn't beating around and around and around that bush. I can't remember the last time Dex made a post that wasn't about race and since this thread falls into that line of thinking.............pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks Dex has a one track mind.

LOL at comparing me to Sharpton. You know what the difference between us is? I haven't made my life's work about dark skin color. Pretty sure I would catch a lot more hell if I was benefiting off of black people the way that scumsucker does.

But, I am white and am one of the people most pissed they brought him back. Am I race baiting? Why does it have to be about race? It's about a shitty football player being brought back and everyone basically blowing him. He is just that, a shitty football player that shouldn't have hung around as long as he has, yet here he is again. Same shit, different year.
No, you can ask Dex to clarify/spin but I think it's something to do with white supremacy and how your opinion is exactly opposite of what you actually are. Basically by us being white and not liking Anderson's game we are actually controlling society.

I really don't see why you have to hate one guy to like the other. They play 2 different roles IMO.

Oh that's easy, one is white, one is black. They play two different roles. Negro receiver and Honky receiver. You only get to like one, so choose wisely. Oh and you can't dislike both, you have to like one and only one!

PS-Since your name is Mr. White it's pretty clear who you like so don't even bother trying to say you like JJ better than DA.

ChampionTexan
09-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Distant relative of yours? :clown:

Distant? Has anyone ever actually seen DA and Thorn together?

Rey
09-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah. I'm opposed to it to, even though I'm white which clearly indicates me being a honky who loves Anderson. Just because Dex didn't have the balls to say he thinks people like Anderson more because he's white doesn't mean he isn't beating around and around and around that bush. I can't remember the last time Dex made a post that wasn't about race and since this thread falls into that line of thinking.............pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks Dex has a one track mind.

LOL at comparing me to Sharpton. You know what the difference between us is? I haven't made my life's work about dark skin color. Pretty sure I would catch a lot more hell if I was benefiting off of black people the way that scumsucker does.

No, you can ask Dex to clarify/spin but I think it's something to do with white supremacy and how your opinion is exactly opposite of what you actually are. Basically by us being white and not liking Anderson's game we are actually controlling society.

Oh that's easy, one is white, one is black. They play two different roles. Negro receiver and Honky receiver. You only get to like one, so choose wisely. Oh and you can't dislike both, you have to like one and only one!

:goodpost:

:sarcasm:

noxiousdog
09-15-2011, 11:03 AM
David Clowney, Quan Cosby, Craig Davis, Dominique Edison, Darnell Jenkins, and Keith Null.

Quarterbacks Rhett Bomar and Keith Null also had tryouts likely because the Texans needed someone to throw to the seven receivers they auditioned.

Thanks.

Clowney 3 years, 33 receptions, 341 yards. 2 teams (NYJ, CAR)
Cosby 2 years, 6 receptions, 71 yards. 1 team (CIN)
Davis 4 years, 51 receptions, 558 yards. 1 team (SDG)
Dominique Edison 1 year (no team last year.) no stat line (TEN in 2009)
Darnell Jenkins 1 year (no team 2009, 2010) no stat line (HOU in 2008)
Keith Null 1 Year (no team in 2010) no stat line (STL in 2009)
Anderson 4 years, 81 receptions 886 yards.

Davis is the only one comparable, and if he couldn't put up better numbers in SD than Anderson put up playing behind our guys...

Which isn't to say they couldn't have brought someone else in, but I'm just wondering whom.

Is there some rule about taking someone off practice squad and then putting them back on? It does seem odd that you wouldn't take the opportunity to get those guys a snap or two.

TimeKiller
09-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Whatever. Maybe you don't like hearing it but Dex's MO is path well traveled. Why else would one thread be about JJ and then another be about JJ/DA?

Texan_Bill
09-15-2011, 11:05 AM

:thinking:

:hmmm:

gary
09-15-2011, 11:16 AM
I just want to see Anderson hit someone hard on special teams.

Thorn
09-15-2011, 11:19 AM

I'll have you know that I'm not under any indictments from the DAs office.

Norg
09-15-2011, 12:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35og1Ha1q8Q

Dutchrudder
09-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Here, I'll make this real simple for everyone. Would you prefer this:

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/themishkin/GIFs/33moia0.gif

Or this:

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/themishkin/GIFs/ws464m.gif

GO!

TexanBacker93
09-15-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm somewhat confused. Is it possible to be a fan of Jacoby and be ok with the Texans bringing David Anderson back? I get the feeling that there is a line drawn in the grass in the yellow lot and you're either on one side or the other.

Has Jacoby had a few drops? Yep. So has Andre. It's the life of an NFL receiver. They aren't going to catch every ball. I expect them to catch most of them, but nobody is perfect. Jacoby had one in a game last year that was similar to Andre's in this past Sunday's game if I recall. Both of those were bad passes in my book. Take your time to set your feet before you throw and those passes are caught.

I'm fine with the Texans bringing back David Anderson. He's going to be the 4th WR for the next couple of weeks while Walter heals. After that he'll probably be released or maybe he stays on as a 5th WR if they decide they need to keep one.

It's not like the team just up and replaced their starting waterboy or something.

eriadoc
09-15-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm somewhat confused. Is it possible to be a fan of Jacoby and be ok with the Texans bringing David Anderson back? I get the feeling that there is a line drawn in the grass in the yellow lot and you're either on one side or the other.

Well, that's why this thread is BS. I'm pretty sure everyone on this board except for Dex and the list he's provided (no one so far) is fine with that. This entire thread is a BS straw man argument that's been backed up with exactly zero evidence.

gary
09-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Go da

Texan_Bill
09-15-2011, 02:20 PM
D-Grizzle (Clutch City)

With Houston getting hype as usual, Does Jacoby Jones step up? Is signing David Anderson back worth it ? Defense: Is Miami more of a challenge?

Paul Kuharsky (3:09 PM)

They needed another receiver and Anderson knows the system and is cheap now, so why not. Jones is inconsistent. Look for one great catch and one bad drop. Miami is more of a challenge, but certainly beatable. and the mystery of a 3-4 is gone now.

Chat with Paul Kuharsky (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/40195/nfl-with-paul-kuharsky)

HOU-TEX
09-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Chat with Paul Kuharsky (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/40195/nfl-with-paul-kuharsky)

Paul's white

:hides:

Dutchrudder
09-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Paul's white

And a Titans fan...

Mr. White
09-15-2011, 03:56 PM

PS-Since your name is Mr. White it's pretty clear who you like so don't even bother trying to say you like JJ better than DA.

I only regret that I have but one rep to give for this post.

Texan_Bill
09-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Paul's white

GREAT!! Thanks, and that was about the first time I've ever agreed with PK! :foottap:

thunderkyss
09-16-2011, 11:41 AM
I disagree.

That's why I said if KDub plays Sunday... if not, I'm with you 100%

burro
09-16-2011, 12:06 PM
We could always try to talk Randy Moss out of retirement. :kitten:

Seriously though, Anderson is average at best...which is about the expectation for a 4th WR. I wouldn't mind having him back at all.

Yesterday
09-16-2011, 12:10 PM
I don't know how he's a fan favorite. He's terrible.

b0ng
09-16-2011, 02:22 PM
I knew this thread would be good when I saw it was 5 pages long.

HOU-TEX
09-16-2011, 02:26 PM
FYI, Bulman is back on the 53 and Carmichael was placed on IR. Per Vandermeer's Twitter

DL Tim Bulman is back on the Texans 53 man roster and practiced today. Rookie CB Roc Carmichael has been placed on IR.

Thorn
09-16-2011, 08:49 PM
I don't know how he's a fan favorite. He's terrible.

He's a 3rd string wide reciever for God's sake. Define terrible.

Showtime100
09-17-2011, 01:05 AM
This pic at chron.com cracks me up.....

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/mediaManager.jpg

"Anderson is up....he's got the distance.....he's.....GOOD!"

SAMURAITEXAN
09-17-2011, 04:38 AM
This pic at chron.com cracks me up.....

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/mediaManager.jpg

"Anderson is up....he's got the distance.....he's.....GOOD!"

Nice to see him back. Welcome back home David! (Not really a home but you know what I mean)

Go DA!!!
Go Texans!!!