PDA

View Full Version : Jets Fans get Tasered

JWarren14
09-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Pretty shocking

A) The fan got the taser in the stadium
B) Rex Ryan mentioned something along the lines that if you wear opposing gear you may have trouble
C) Cowboys fan used the taser (shameless)

Link (http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2011/09/cowboy-fan-uses-taser-in-brawl-with-jets-fans-video/)

You have to start worrying now about your safety before, during and after games. If someone could sneak in a weapon to a major event in NY on 9/11 then someone could sure do it at Reliant.

Stay safe!

Showtime100
09-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Man, I haven't seen Len Berman in a long time. He used to call NFL games. I wonder what happened.

He did make a point I was thinking before I saw the clip, the cause and effect of Ryans comments. Not saying that did it, just wonder is all.

Anyway, if there was a brawl in progress both sides were guilty as sin of fighting and stupidity in general so I'm not taking up for anybody. I'll go one better and say I hope the taser guy gets the justice he deserves for bringing a potentailly deadly weapon into the venue. I hope they all get a little ink on their records.

Playoffs
09-13-2011, 05:13 PM
...I'll go one better and say I hope the taser guy gets the justice he deserves for bringing a potentailly deadly weapon into the venue.
Give him Plaxico's cell.

gtexan02
09-13-2011, 10:10 PM
The fact that people would actually get violent over the outcome of a game is just beyond sad to me.

The whole point is supposed to be entertainment. Its not like you're actually on the team, either. You're just a spectator..

GlassHalfFull
09-13-2011, 10:21 PM
The fact that people would actually get violent over the outcome of a game is just beyond sad to me.

The whole point is supposed to be entertainment. Its not like you're actually on the team, either. You're just a spectator..

Cowboys fans :wadepalm:

CloakNNNdagger
09-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Pretty shocking

B) Rex Ryan mentioned something along the lines that if you wear opposing gear you may have trouble

Link (http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2011/09/cowboy-fan-uses-taser-in-brawl-with-jets-fans-video/)

You have to start worrying now about your safety before, during and after games. If someone could sneak in a weapon to a major event in NY on 9/11 then someone could sure do it at Reliant.

Stay safe!

This is not shocking at all for me. When going through "security" they tap my shoulders and lightly rub the sides of their arms from my armpits to waistband. I could carry my SWAT shotgun down my pant leg and no one would be the smarter. They simply have me open my binocular case (sometimes they don't even do that) and even though there is an antenna sticking out of it because I keep my radio underneath the glasses, they have never had me take the binoculars out to see what the antenna is connected to...........and that was my 9/11 experience.:foottap:

Dread-Head
09-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Don't TASE me bro!

GlassHalfFull
09-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Pretty shocking

Stay safe!

Nicely played, Sir. Nicely played.

imatexan
09-14-2011, 03:43 PM

It was not over the outcome of the game, it was over him not standing for the national anthem and talking on his phone loudly during a moment of silence for the 9/11 victims.

I don't blame the Jets fans one bit, this guy deserved to get his face bashed in and to add on he started tasing people(including a marine).

A very frustrating story in every way.

Showtime100
09-14-2011, 03:49 PM
It was not over the outcome of the game, it was over him not standing for the national anthem and talking on his phone loudly during a moment of silence for the 9/11 victims.

I don't blame the Jets fans one bit, this guy deserved to get his face bashed in and to add on he started tasing people(including a marine).

A very frustrating story in every way.

Could you post a link with that information? I don't doubt you in any way but just wanted to read it. If true I'm backing the Jets fans all the way but I'll probably hate myself in the morning, them being Jets fans and all.

imatexan
09-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Could you post a link with that information? I don't doubt you in any way but just wanted to read it. If true I'm backing the Jets fans all the way but I'll probably hate myself in the morning, them being Jets fans and all.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201109/nfl-fan-uses-religious-self-defense-stun-gun-use

disaacks3
09-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Pretty shocking

Stay safe!

But, wouldn't Rex know something was AFOOT? :foottap:

Showtime100
09-14-2011, 04:11 PM
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201109/nfl-fan-uses-religious-self-defense-stun-gun-use

I appreciate it!!

Showtime100
09-14-2011, 06:43 PM
It seems before he remembered how religious he was, the first thing that came to his mind was medical reasons.

LINK (http://gothamist.com/2011/09/14/jets_game_taser_guy_says_he_zapped.php)

The South Carolina (<--I wonder if he ever lived in Dallas, might have, but who knows? --ST100) man who was charged with aggravated assault and weapons possession for allegedly firing a Taser during a fight at MetLife stadium Sunday says he zapped in self-defense. 59-year-old Larry McKelvey, a Cowboys fan, was attending the game with his fiance, Gloria Dargin, when trouble started with some Jets fans, one of whom is a Marine who was reportedly angered when the couple remained seated during the National Anthem. But Dargin insists they're not unpatriotic: "We did not stand up, not disrespecting our country, we weren't standing up because of our medical reasons," she tells the local TV station.

Later in the article explains how his son remembered for him his religious convictions so deep we doesn't stand for his country.

And how about the fiance, huh? Talk about love, he has a medical condition bad enough it forces him to sit during the anthem (after being airlifted from his bed to the stadium seat, presumably) and SHE hurts so bad she must sit too.

I guess during the moment of silence he was on the phone with emergency personel asking if he should stand during the National Anthem.

:rant:

eriadoc
09-15-2011, 12:18 AM

Signed,

Soccer fans all over the world.

TimeKiller
09-15-2011, 08:07 AM
This is not shocking at all for me. When going through "security" they tap my shoulders and lightly rub the sides of their arms from my armpits to waistband. I could carry my SWAT shotgun down my pant leg and no one would be the smarter. They simply have me open my binocular case (sometimes they don't even do that) and even though there is an antenna sticking out of it because I keep my radio underneath the glasses, they have never had me take the binoculars out to see what the antenna is connected to...........and that was my 9/11 experience.:foottap:

I sit next to opposing fans every time. We give 'em so much hell they laugh. This may be the one place left on earth that doesn't force you to walk through metal detectors and anal cavity searches to get in, as long as we remain respectful of the HUMAN BEINGS wearing dirty, rotten, stinky clothings/colors let's keep it that way. Texans fans: keepin' it classy.

HJam72
09-15-2011, 08:53 AM
All Jets fans should be tasered. :jk:

BigBull17
09-15-2011, 08:57 AM
It seems before he remembered how religious he was, the first thing that came to his mind was medical reasons.

LINK (http://gothamist.com/2011/09/14/jets_game_taser_guy_says_he_zapped.php)

Later in the article explains how his son remembered for him his religious convictions so deep we doesn't stand for his country.

And how about the fiance, huh? Talk about love, he has a medical condition bad enough it forces him to sit during the anthem (after being airlifted from his bed to the stadium seat, presumably) and SHE hurts so bad she must sit too.

I guess during the moment of silence he was on the phone with emergency personel asking if he should stand during the National Anthem.

:rant:

I have a bad back, bad knees, and a bum ankle and I am the first one up. Its just respect.

Texan_Bill
09-15-2011, 09:49 AM
I got the shit tased out of me!!

Signed,

Ted Bundy

XI CMURDER IX
09-17-2011, 09:16 PM
This just in!!! Tony Sporano tells Texans' fans to watch their backs at the game Sunday! Alright guys, bring the heat!

StarStruck
09-20-2011, 12:01 AM

Some of the tasers resemble cell phones and for some women have replaced mace. Toyota Center in Houston is probably the most thorough in checking for prohibited items and based on the appearance of many tasers, they probably made it through security check.