PDA

View Full Version : Ozougwu & Toliver waived off IR after Injury setlement

Blake
09-13-2011, 12:25 PM
In case you havent seen this.

09/13/2011 Waived LB Cheta Ozougwu and WR Terrence Toliver.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/transactions.html

CloakNNNdagger
09-13-2011, 12:51 PM
In case you havent seen this.

09/13/2011 Waived LB Cheta Ozougwu and WR Terrence Toliver.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/transactions.html

I would expect one of the replacements to be a WR that they expect would have the best chance of crashing the roster if needed.

ChampionTexan
09-13-2011, 01:01 PM
I would expect one of the replacements to be a WR that they expect would have the best chance of crashing the roster if needed.

They were on IR already so this doesn't free up any roster spots.

CloakNNNdagger
09-13-2011, 01:59 PM
They were on IR already so this doesn't free up any roster spots.

Thanks, forgot all about that.

ChampionTexan
09-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Thanks, forgot all about that.

That doesn't mean that they won't add someone to cover for Walter's absence - even if that absence is only a week or two. This raises the obvious question of who's the odd man out if they do bring in a 5th WR. Doesn't it have to be one of the CB's? Carmichael would be my hunch - with the idea that if he makes it through waivers (which I think he would), he comes back on the PS and gets someone booted off of there (unless Maehl is the add to the 53 man roster).

I suppose Slaton is another possibility, but unless a trade offer they can't refuse comes along (highly unlikely), I still see them holding onto him until Arian proves he's back - and maybe for a little while after that.

Carr Bombed
09-13-2011, 02:16 PM
So Mr. Irrelevant turned out to be exactly that. Too bad, I was excited about that pick. Oh well.

cj5776
09-13-2011, 04:45 PM
That doesn't mean that they won't add someone to cover for Walter's absence - even if that absence is only a week or two. This raises the obvious question of who's the odd man out if they do bring in a 5th WR. Doesn't it have to be one of the CB's? Carmichael would be my hunch - with the idea that if he makes it through waivers (which I think he would), he comes back on the PS and gets someone booted off of there (unless Maehl is the add to the 53 man roster).

I suppose Slaton is another possibility, but unless a trade offer they can't refuse comes along (highly unlikely), I still see them holding onto him until Arian proves he's back - and maybe for a little while after that.

IMO, its going to be the 2nd OT, Newton. I'm fairly he was only added since Butler was banged up at the time.