PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush TD that wasnt .... ????

Corrosion
09-12-2011, 11:25 PM
In the final 4 minutes of the Dolphins Pats game - Bush is called down at the 1 , The Fish challenge the play as he did clearly break the pylon BUT he fumbled the ball out of bounds in the endzone in the process (The ground did not cause the fumble).

I recall a play by the Texans a few years ago (Was it Gaffeny?) that resulted in a fumble out of the endzone against the Bronco's which resulted in a touchback and Bronco's ball @ the 20 .....

Seems that should have been the call here.

ChampionTexan
09-12-2011, 11:30 PM
In the final 4 minutes of the Dolphins Pats game - Bush is called down at the 1 , The Fish challenge the play as he did clearly break the pylon BUT he fumbled the ball out of bounds in the endzone in the process (The ground did not cause the fumble).

I recall a play by the Texans a few years ago (Was it Gaffeny?) that resulted in a fumble out of the endzone against the Bronco's which resulted in a touchback and Bronco's ball @ the 20 .....

Seems that should have been the call here.

If he had control of the ball when it crossed the plane, it doesn't matter if he fumbled after that.

The Cush
09-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Gaffney fumbled the ball while he was still inbounds around the 2 or 3 yard line, it went out of our endzone to make it a touchback. Bush fumbled after he hit the pylon with the ball...touchdown

Dutchrudder
09-12-2011, 11:38 PM
He hit the pylon with the ball before it came loose. It was a TD.

Disclaimer: He's on one of my fantasy teams... :)

Rey
09-13-2011, 12:09 AM
If he had control of the ball when it crossed the plane, it doesn't matter if he fumbled after that.

This.

Corrosion
09-13-2011, 12:43 AM
I didnt think he had control as it crossed the plane ..... but I guess thats a fair answer - its objective.