PDA

View Full Version : Is this offense slow?

Cush
09-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Not slow in terms of foot speed, but rather pace of play.

The offense looks good, no doubt. Yet I personally always try to not think of how good it is but rather how it could be even better.

With the continuity of the offensive unit in tact, how about picking up the pace by dialing more drives using the no huddle offense?

Brady, Manning, and Brees come to mind and are relentless on opposing defenses by not letting them rest.

DocBar
09-12-2011, 09:41 PM

The offense looks good, no doubt. Yet I personally always try to not think of how good it is but rather how it could be even better.

With the continuity of the offensive unit in tact, how about picking up the pace by dialing more drives using the no huddle offense?

Brady, Manning, and Brees come to mind and are relentless on opposing defenses by not letting them rest.I think they work at the pace that suits them. Not everyone wants to do a hurry up.

ThaShark316
09-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Don't let the Texans start revving it up. They'll kill you.

Rey
09-12-2011, 11:00 PM

Brady, Manning, and Brees come to mind and are relentless on opposing defenses by not letting them rest.

This is a methodical offense that depends a lot on play calling and clock management.

Hurry up offenses are normally geared towards, throw heavy, qb driven teams.

Mr. Texan
09-12-2011, 11:06 PM
hurry up offense wouldn't benefit our run game.

TheRealJoker
09-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Our strength is the run game. We have a stable of backs who can put up starting Rb caliber numbers. This pace suits that style best.

Norg
09-12-2011, 11:16 PM
i guess we will find out in wk 2 : P

VTexan
09-12-2011, 11:43 PM
I think this is the offense Kubiak has dreamed of and created for 6 years.

Stable of running backs.
Powerful and cohesive offense.
Competent and precise QB.
WR that can consistently get open and extend plays.

....and of course you can't forget about the TE's.

Combine all this with a defense that will create a lot of turnovers...baby you got a stew goin'! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo_y8DwEQrY.

foo82
09-13-2011, 02:07 AM
Well, we can do hurry up offense, and the Texans proved that they can run it o some success. How do you think they managed to score points in bunches in the 4th quarter last season?

ObsiWan
09-13-2011, 04:16 AM
hurry up offense wouldn't benefit our run game.

Our strength is the run game. We have a stable of backs who can put up starting Rb caliber numbers. This pace suits that style best.

They've nailed it.
Hurry up offenses are generally pass-happy. They want to run the opposing pass rushers ragged and prevent defenses from making personnel changes that take away their favorable mismatches.

Also, you'll notice that the offenses offered up as examples have weak running attacks. We don't need to do that because our running game is a strength, not a weakness that needs to be disguised.

badboy
09-13-2011, 12:50 PM
They can do the speedy offense but control of the clock is something we have wanted for long time. It wears down the opponent's defense & frustartes their defense and keeps ours fresh. I am very happy with the O and expect to see it improve as season goes by. My main thing is start the game in first quarter and we did that.