PDA

View Full Version : Texans Offensive Line.....hats off....

rush2112mn
09-12-2011, 11:00 AM
They did a great job yesterday. It really shows what a really good offensive line you have...when you can not have your best running back in there and you still get over 150 yards rushing by your back up rbs.
Kudos to Kubiak for keeping Slaton on the team. You needed Slaton yesterday to provide relief to Tate. I was glad Slaton did get some reps. He had some good runs.

I had the game on DVD...so I went back and watched it again. They just manhandled the Colts defensive front.
I did find it interesting how many times Schaub rolled out. He definetly had to run some. But with the way the they were running the ball. Everytime he did roll out....the defense was not near at all.

I remember years where our offensive line was one of our weaknesses...Now it is one of our strengths. I do not see any reason we can not run the ball for 150 yards every game behind a line like that.

:texans::logo::texan:

DBCooper
09-12-2011, 11:02 AM
They played really well.

beerlover
09-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Question: Did the starters play the whole game? Brown/Wade/Myers/Brisiel/Winston

ChampionTexan
09-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Question: Did the starters play the whole game? Brown/Wade/Myers/Brisiel/Winston

I believe so. They only had 7 active OLs and I know Caldwell didn't play. Butler got on the field but I think it was only on special teams.

TEXANS84
09-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Duane Brown stone walled Freeny on multiple occasions.

Dude has reached the upper tier of left tackles.

BigBull17
09-12-2011, 11:24 AM

Yeah, he did a VERY good job yesterday. Winston got beat bad once, but that happens with pass rushers like they have.

DBCooper
09-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Yeah, he did a VERY good job yesterday. Winston got beat bad once, but that happens with pass rushers like they have.

It was the run blocking that had me cheering!

b0ng
09-12-2011, 11:58 AM

No you see he was a bad draft pick because. . .

Texas T
09-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Duane Brown stone walled Freeny on multiple occasions.Dude has reached the upper tier of left tackles.

I love how they kept showing highlights of him just manhandling Freeny.
It was a beautiful thing to watch! I think we all knew that they would eventually get some moves through the line, that's what they excell at, but it was extremely minimal this game.

Lovin' it!!

VTexan
09-12-2011, 12:15 PM
First game where I didn't hear Freeney or Mathis' names called.

Pantherstang84
09-12-2011, 12:35 PM

I noticed that too. He was making Freeney his punk.

Rey
09-12-2011, 12:36 PM

Mathis had a sack, but freeney was a ghost. Not even an assisted tackle.

El Tejano
09-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Mathis had a sack, but freeney was a ghost. Not even an assisted tackle.

How come I still thought the sack was a win for us when Matt Schaub didn't fumble the ball? :vincepalm:

IBleedTexans
09-12-2011, 12:43 PM

If I'm not mistaken Mathis got a sack

Wolf6151
09-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Winston gave up a sack to Mathis, he looked slow on that play. Winston played good but not great yesterday, the rest of the line played great. Brown looks like he might have finally got over the hump with Freeney.

76Texan
09-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Great job by both lines!
Let's hope they keep it up! :boogie:

TexCanada
09-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Being up by a lot of points really helps negate pass rushers. Just another positive of having a D that creates turnovers and helps us get points early.

drs23
09-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Winston gave up a sack to Mathis, he looked slow on that play. Winston played good but not great yesterday, the rest of the line played great. Brown looks like he might have finally got over the hump with Freeney.

I didn't think he looked slow. Mathis put a hell of a move on him. Mathis juked inside and when Winston planted and set to stonewall him, Mathis rolled to his left and blew by Winston to get the sack. Perhaps Winston shouldn't have succumed to the move but it's not like he was blown up. And as has been mentioned. Freeney & Mathis were held to 1 sack between them. Heck, Mario had twice as many alone. :)

Porky
09-12-2011, 04:29 PM
The entire line was fabulous, but special kudos to Dwayne Brown. Man if he plays like that for 15 more games, welcome to Hawaii. Just a great game, both run and pass for Brown. That was the play of a upper tier first rounder yesterday. Can't wait to see more of that type play from him.

TexansWest
09-12-2011, 04:50 PM
The play of the offensive line was my favorite part of the game. Without their play, Tate doesn't gain 116 yds & 1 TD in his first game as a pro!!!

ObsiWan
09-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Watched the game again, their play was the second bright spot of the day - the defensive aggressiveness wins first place. I was amazed at how many times our guys were getting hats on defenders at the second level.

Even Dierdorf was glowing about how often our line pushed the Colts D-line 3-4 yds off the line of scrimmage. They deserve major props.

Rey
09-15-2011, 05:13 PM
I was thinking about the bootlegs that we kept running and how the Colts were almost never anywhere near him....

They were scared to death of us running the ball...

They were so worried about the cutback lanes that they were slow getting up field to the QB...That is the beauty of this system and the playcalling was wonderful...They kept the Colts off balance for the most part and it really helped us...If we don't have 3 turnovers that game would have been ridiculous...

TexCanada
09-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Chris Myers deserves some huge credit. Many members of our fanbase (including myself) have openly criticized him in years past. He has proved us wrong and I couldn't be happier about it.

welsh texan
09-16-2011, 01:10 AM
Its worth noting that it isn't more than 2 or 3 years ago that Winston was the only bright spot on our line, now he is the one that appears to be the weakness, which really highlights the units improvement.

For so long we've wanted a decent line and now we finally have one.

welsh texan
09-16-2011, 01:10 AM
Its worth noting that it isn't more than 2 or 3 years ago that Winston was the only bright spot on our line, now he is the one that appears to be the weakness, which really highlights the units improvement.

For so long we've wanted a decent line and now we finally have one.