PDA

View Full Version : Texans have easy path...

DocBar
09-11-2011, 10:10 PM
...to a potentially great season. LINK (http://www.cbssports.com/#!/nfl/story/15564294/texans-have-easy-path-to-potentially-great-season)
HOUSTON -- I'm trying not to overreact to this game, this one game, this first game of a long NFL season after a strike-shortened training camp. Trying. Here goes:

If Peyton Manning doesn't come back this season, the Colts won't win more than four times.

How did I do?

Oh, wait. That's not my only reaction to the Houston Texans' 34-7 victory against Indianapolis on Sunday. There's also this:

The Texans could win 12 games this season, and they could win 12 games easily.

Now then, give me a second to walk away from my computer, have a sip of water, get my head straight. ... OK, I'm back and re-reading what I've written -- nope, no overreactions there. I feel good about it, even knowing what a pitfall it can be to make season-long judgments based on one game.

But what a game it was.

Battle Blood
09-11-2011, 10:19 PM
I;m trying real hard not to think of these fortuitus set of events in the AFC South this way but....kind of bitter sweet. If/when we finally make the play offs I don't want peaople to take anything away from our team. The truth is an opportunity has presented itself, we still need to take advantage.

thunderkyss
09-11-2011, 10:21 PM
KOOLAIDE.... get your KOOLAIDE..