PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Ward's Health Status

Ryan
09-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Just tweeted out that he will be healthy for next week.

DerrickWard32 Derrick Ward
Thanks to all of you guys for the support and I'll be ready to go next week vs the Dolphins!!!

Definitely good news with the unfortunate news of K-Dub.

hradhak
09-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Good to hear. If Foster needs another week out we need to have at least 3 RBs suited up. I'm hoping he and Tate can split again. They had a good week with the 2-headed monster.

PHAROAH
09-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Texans will be fine with Ben Tate & Steve Slaton.

badboy
09-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the news.

Mr. Texan
09-11-2011, 07:10 PM
good to hear :splits:

Hardcore Texan
09-11-2011, 07:57 PM

Thanks to all of you guys for the support and I'll be ready to go next week vs the Dolphins!!!

???

Tango
09-11-2011, 08:12 PM
???

Broken shoulder. Out 10-12 weeks.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/09/11/texans-wr-walter-suffers-broken-shoulder/

GP
09-11-2011, 11:18 PM

No offense to you or anything, but that's Derrick Ward...not the staff doctor's report.

Ben Tate is the only "sure thing" right now, along with an occasional Steve Slaton appearance. I wouldn't bet on Derrick Ward until I see him make it through an entire game.

If we have a free roster spot, by moving Kevin Walter off to I.R., don't be surprised if OgBo is brought up from PS and Ward or Foster sitting next week (with my money on Ward resting the ankle).

Of course, this is all going to depend on the true severity of his ankle injury. I like his guts, don't get me wrong, I'm just thinking some players--especially those who are RBs in a Kubiak offense--are not going to be completely honest about their injuries (2010 version of Arian Foster, I'm looking at YOU....).

Ryan
09-12-2011, 12:12 AM
???

Kevin Walter. KW=K-Dub.

JWarren14
09-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Anybody have any news on D.Ward's expected return?

A lot of attention to Foster, which is expected, but Ward was our #2 RB heading into the season so we have been pretty much operating with our #3 and #4 guy the past week or so.

Hopefully we'll get a good stretch of games where Foster, Ward, and Tate will be all 100% and firing on all cylinders.