PDA

View Full Version : PFT: Walter Injured, return to action pending

TheMatrix31
09-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Frack! Why must there always be a problem?!

TexansFanatic
09-11-2011, 05:34 PM
That seriously sucks. Bring Maehl up from the practice squad.

TexanSam
09-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Damnit! Well, Jacoby better step it up. Bryant Johnson as well.

redwhiteANDblue
09-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Any chance of us picking up a free agent wr?

Ryan
09-11-2011, 05:40 PM
That's why i seriously questioned their decision of keeping only 4 receivers. I expect them to sign someone quick and hopefully bring up Maehl as well.

Playmaker
09-11-2011, 05:44 PM
David Anderson still out there?

nero THE zero
09-11-2011, 05:45 PM
On a semi-related note, did we sign Tolliver to the PS?

Austrian
09-11-2011, 05:46 PM

I think he was cut from Denver so yes he should be available.

TimeKiller
No bueno. Walter will be missed but this is an opportunity for someone else to step up. Lots of guys cut from camp sitting by their phones right now....

hradhak
Well the shoulder is a joint you don't really break it. Did he break his clavicle? I guess the report will be out tomorrow but pretty crappy reporting by PFT

Austrian
On a semi-related note, did we sign Tolliver to the PS?

Injured Reserve. Maehl is on PS, so is Holliday.

DocBar
09-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Damn that sux.

Scooter
09-11-2011, 05:48 PM
that really sucks.

let me be the first to petition bringing up holliday. i'd rather have him on kickoffs to prevent risk to manning, and i would absolutely love to see what he could do with schaub hitting him in zones.

Cjeremy635
09-11-2011, 05:48 PM

Exatly. He knows the offense, sign him now. Anderson's not a #2, but JJ did well today and we have multiple tight ends that are receiving threats too.

hradhak
09-11-2011, 05:50 PM
The thing that Walter does well to is run blocking. Anderson would be good or Maehl. Still don't know why they didn't put 5 on the roster to start the season.

Trap_Star
09-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Randy Gene Moss

badboy
09-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Sorry for Walter but JJ looked good and I liked what I saw of Bryant Johnson. With our TEs & receiving backs we are ok.

EllisUnit
09-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Dorin Dickerson ????

El Tejano
09-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Dorin Dickerson ????

I'd rather bring back Darling.

PHAROAH
09-11-2011, 05:56 PM
We need to go after Randy Moss and stop Bull********** around until we draft a wr early in next years draft.

EllisUnit
09-11-2011, 05:57 PM
We need to go after Randy Moss and stop Bull********** around until we draft a wr early in next years draft.

:choke::choke:

GuerillaBlack
09-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Randy Gene Moss

Yes yes

redwhiteANDblue
09-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Randy Moss please

Playmaker
09-11-2011, 06:09 PM
We already have a homerun WR in AJ, KW is a possession WR, Moss will just loaf around if the ball isn't going to him.

steelbtexan
09-11-2011, 06:11 PM

If BoBBy's serious about winning.

I've got my doubts.

m5kwatts
09-11-2011, 06:12 PM
This isn't crippling by any means.

steelbtexan
09-11-2011, 06:14 PM
We already have a homerun WR in AJ, KW is a possession WR, Moss will just loaf around if the ball isn't going to him.

If you want your name Moss should be your guy.

When the Texans play the Saints, who do you think they would fear more Dickerson/Anderson or Moss?

GuerillaBlack
09-11-2011, 06:14 PM

No he won't. Especially with Moss having so much respect for AJ. Texans need to do it already.

Nawzer
09-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Jacoby becomes the no.2 and I'm thinking Bryant Johnson is the new no.3. I highly doubt that the Texans will go after Moss. KW is a good possession receiver and he will be missed also in the running game, but we have enough weapons in the offense to compensate losing KW.

TexanBacker93
09-11-2011, 06:28 PM
The thing that Walter does well to is run blocking. Anderson would be good or Maehl. Still don't know why they didn't put 5 on the roster to start the season.

I'm thinking it was probably to carry the extra RB with Foster's hamstring injury. With Ward hurting his ankle today you needed Slaton on the roster as well.

09-11-2011, 06:38 PM
damn!!! we're really gonna miss his blocking... this is a bigger loss than most of you think.

fiasco west
09-11-2011, 06:40 PM
I don't think Moss has much in the tank at this point. I mean the guy has retired for a reason.

ArlingtonTexan
09-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Some of you guys have a "name" fetish.

JamesBill
09-11-2011, 07:24 PM

Yeah Anderson cannot replace him. We need a big body that is willing to do dirty work and cut people.

Rey
09-11-2011, 07:26 PM
I would not mind moss or to. I think to actually would be better in this offense than moss.

I also wouldn't mind bringing up mahael or bringing Dickerson back.

If we want a guy that will actually play and not be an end of the bench guy probably should aim higher than da, dd, or jm. Gonna be interesting to see what they do.

GuerillaBlack
09-11-2011, 07:29 PM
I don't think Moss has much in the tank at this point. I mean the guy has retired for a reason.

Because he wants a longer deal than just a season. Moss still had it last season. He will still make awesome catches and is a great red zone threat as always. And he knows who the number one would be.

Mr. Texan
09-11-2011, 07:31 PM
i would gladly enjoy randy moss opposite of AJ :kitten:

ObsiWan
09-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Jacoby becomes the no.2 and I'm thinking Bryant Johnson is the new no.3. I highly doubt that the Texans will go after Moss. KW is a good possession receiver and he will be missed also in the running game, but we have enough weapons in the offense to compensate losing KW.

The question is who's #4??

TheMatrix31
09-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Randy Moss is one of the biggest cancers in football history. No thanks.

Nawzer
09-11-2011, 07:44 PM
The question is who's #4??

Do we use a lot of 4 receiver sets? I honestly don't know. I think we use a lot of 3 receiver sets. But we also have OD and today James Casey should what he can do out of the backfield too. With Steve Slaton healthy he can be the 4th receiver out of the backfield. Also, don't forget that Aryan Foster is a pretty awesome receiver coming out of the backfield who can make big plays for us. I believe had around 600 yards in receiving last year. The success of this offense will still revolve around running the ball and play action fake. I think we'll be ok, but we'll need someone else to step up and do a little bit more of the dirty work that KW does. But if we do need another receiver, I'm looking at probably Dorin Dickerson because he's a big receiver who may be a guy who can run block.

ObsiWan
09-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Do we use a lot of 4 receiver sets? I honestly don't know. I think we use a lot of 3 receiver sets. But we also have OD and today James Casey should what he can do out of the backfield too. With Steve Slaton healthy he can be the 4th receiver out of the backfield. Also, don't forget that Aryan Foster is a pretty awesome receiver coming out of the backfield who can make big plays for us. I believe had around 600 yards in receiving last year. This success of this offense will still revolve around running the ball and play action fake. I think we'll be ok, but we'll need someone else to step up and do a little bit more of the dirty work that KW does.

I think you're right we don't. Even when we go empty backfield, we still keep a TE and RB on the field. But injuries can happen anytime so we need an insurance WR for our 3-WR sets. Hopefully, we won't need him to actually play.

CloakNNNdagger
09-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Well the shoulder is a joint you don't really break it. Did he break his clavicle? I guess the report will be out tomorrow but pretty crappy reporting by PFT
Agreed........"shoulder fracture" is more of a layman's term that is applied to many types of fractures.........each carrying it own short term and long term prognosis. Hopefully, more details soon.

Speedy
09-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Randy Moss is one of the biggest cancers in football history. No thanks.

Agreed. Part of the success of the run game is blocking by the receivers. Don't need a guy taking off plays and not blocking when his number isn't called.

If Jacoby has learned how to catch a football, with Bryant Johnson getting more time with the scheme, and as mentioned previously, the slew of TE's we have, I think we'll be fine.

GuerillaBlack
09-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Agreed. Part of the success of the run game is blocking by the receivers. Don't need a guy taking off plays and not blocking when his number isn't called.

If Jacoby has learned how to catch a football, with Bryant Johnson getting more time with the scheme, and as mentioned previously, the slew of TE's we have, I think we'll be fine.

I dont think Moss would do that if the Texans continue winning. Moss has already called Johnson the best WR in the game. He would only improve this team, imo. And when has Moss torn apart locker rooms?

TEXANS84
09-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Moss, now. Anyone that says no doesn't want to win.

DocBar
09-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Well the shoulder is a joint you don't really break it. Did he break his clavicle? I guess the report will be out tomorrow but pretty crappy reporting by PFTI automatically assumed it would be the scapula. I fugure they would say collarbone if it was the clavicle.

ObsiWan
09-11-2011, 09:35 PM
I dont think Moss would do that if the Texans continue winning. Moss has already called Johnson the best WR in the game. He would only improve this team, imo. And when has Moss torn apart locker rooms?

It's worth a phone call and a tryout.

But I suspect Moss' heart is still in New England. He wants to get back with Brady.

CloakNNNdagger
09-11-2011, 09:48 PM
I automatically assumed it would be the scapula. I fugure they would say collarbone if it was the clavicle.

Shoulder fractures can refer to fractures of any of these structures.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/figures/A00394F01.jpg

Let's just hope it is not a fracture(s) involving the shoulder joint surface , especially involving the rotator cuff.

Wolf
09-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Would moss block on running plays? I can't remember if is a good blocker or not

ArlingtonTexan
09-11-2011, 09:50 PM

or watched Moss in 2010

GP
09-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Me personally, I don't think Randy Moss has the inner passion to want to learn our offense--The formation calls, the actual pass plays themselves, let alone actually STICKING TO THE ROUTE HE'S ASSIGNED.

Gary Kubiak is the commander of this offense. He would rather start Bryant Johnson than risk Randy Moss.

This isn't the Madden football game...you can't switch control to Randy Moss and make him run the route he's supposed to run. LOL.

You want a big body? Dickerson or B. Johnson. And if Kubiak sent Dickerson to the practice squad, and kept B. Johnson, that ought to tell you who gets WR4 now that Walter is hurt.

Will we gain a roster spot by placing Walter on I.R.?

ArlingtonTexan
09-11-2011, 10:05 PM
John MCClain is hinting that the at least 10 weeks reports might be premature.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-Walter-to-undergo-MRI-on-injured-2165737.php

And I know before the ad hominem starts.

chicagotexan2
09-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Missed it when and how did he get hurt. That sucks for Walter and the team. I hope Jacoby can stay focused. We need him.

ArlingtonTexan
09-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Would moss block on running plays? I can't remember if is a good blocker or not

Honestly, when he cared throughout his career he is the total package of everything you want in WR.

Rey
09-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Me personally, I don't think Randy Moss has the inner passion to want to learn our offense--The formation calls, the actual pass plays themselves, let alone actually STICKING TO THE ROUTE HE'S ASSIGNED.

Gary Kubiak is the commander of this offense. He would rather start Bryant Johnson than risk Randy Moss.

This isn't the Madden football game...you can't switch control to Randy Moss and make him run the route he's supposed to run. LOL.

You want a big body? Dickerson or B. Johnson. And if Kubiak sent Dickerson to the practice squad, and kept B. Johnson, that ought to tell you who gets WR4 now that Walter is hurt.

Will we gain a roster spot by placing Walter on I.R.?

Dickerson is not around.

GuerillaBlack
09-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Apparently Moss is talking to the Saints, so they will probably get him

Corrosion
09-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Some of you guys have a "name" fetish.

Let me throw a "Name" out there .... dont think he's on anyone's roster - T.O.

ArlingtonTexan
09-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Let me throw a "Name" out there .... dont think he's on anyone's roster - T.O.

and I will be surprised if he does in 2011 or maybe ever

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-06-26/terrell-owens-has-surgery-to-repair-torn-acl

Corrosion
09-12-2011, 12:28 AM

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-06-26/terrell-owens-has-surgery-to-repair-torn-acl

I knew he had an injury ... just wasnt sure how bad. Surgery in late June ? He's probably not ready yet. But I'd take a healthy TO any day .....

Who else is on the scrap heap ?

Ryan
09-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Did Donnie Avery ever find a home?

Corrosion
09-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Did Donnie Avery ever find a home?

Last report I find is he was waived by the Rams.

Ryan
09-12-2011, 01:33 AM
Last report I find is he was waived by the Rams.

Yeah i was hoping we'd pick him up once the cuts were announced, and thought he was gonna sign with the Niners, but i guess they went a different direction. I think we should give him a look. At least he's not Moss or Owens.

Spled
09-12-2011, 02:03 AM
A Johnson-Moss receiving duo would put the fear of God into defenses.

Corrosion
09-12-2011, 02:10 AM
Yeah i was hoping we'd pick him up once the cuts were announced, and thought he was gonna sign with the Niners, but i guess they went a different direction. I think we should give him a look. At least he's not Moss or Owens.

I'd take Moss or Owens if healthy ..... both might be batshit crazy but the talent they each possess you just cant deny. Two of the games best .... put either of them opposite AJ and .... DC's have nightmares.

They almost have to bring in another WR with Walter down .... Avery is probably worth a look along with quite a few others. Lots of options out there .... They could even move Slaton for a WR so they arent limited to FA's.

TheMatrix31
09-12-2011, 02:19 AM
Owens hardly, if ever, lets his pieceofshit-ness seep out while in the game. Would rather have Owens.

Big Lou
09-12-2011, 02:30 AM
I think TJ Houshyamamma is sitting at home. He would be a perfect fill in for Walter.

Corrosion
09-12-2011, 02:36 AM
I think TJ Houshyamamma is sitting at home. He would be a perfect fill in for Walter.

Whozmahzilly wouldnt be a bad option either ....

GP
09-12-2011, 02:38 AM

No thanks. He went to Seattle a couple years ago, IIRC, because they treated him like a king when he visited them. He did poorly. Big time poorly. He said "Ah, that's a fluke. Watch me NEXT year." Same thing. Then he went to the Ravens.

He's done. No thanks.

By the way, until Plaxico Burress made his anti-Coughlin remarks--and based on his performance tonight vs. Cowboys--I would have liked him here. But now, after he ragged out Coughlin like he did...no thanks. I'll pass on him. He is the perpetual victim, always getting screwed by someone else (no personal responsibility, still).

I don't want to try the David Anderson Show again, either. Been there, done that. We have that same type of guy (but a bit quicker, IMO) in Jeff Maehl on the practice squad.

Had Lestar Jean not gotten hurt, it's a no-brainer who gets WR3 duty in place of Walter. But, oh well. :(

That leaves Bryant Johnson, IMO.

Corrosion
09-12-2011, 02:45 AM
Just read a report from the Chron (http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-Walter-to-undergo-MRI-on-injured-2165737.php) stating 4-8 weeks rather than 10-12.

Not sure they can go with only 3 WR's that long tho .... if they get behind , they are at a real disadvantage not being able to go 4 wide.

To bring in a WR they would have to open up a roster spot .... if Walter is only out 4 weeks I doubt he goes on IR. If its 10-12 , maybe you IR him ....

Otherwise - (Outside of the obvious Slaton) where do you free up a roster spot for a WR regardless of who it is.

GP
09-12-2011, 03:08 AM
Here is the depth chart from houstontexans.com website:

POS---NAME---------------NAME-------------NAME---------------NAME------
WR1--Andre Johnson---Bryant Johnson
LT----Duane Brown-----Derek Newton
LG----Wade Smith------Thomas Austin
C-----Chris Myers ------Mike Brisiel
RG----Mike Brisiel------Antoine Caldwell
RT----Eric Winston-----Rashad Butler
TE----Owen Daniels----Joel Dreessen------Garrett Graham
WR2--Kevin Walter-----Jacoby Jones
QB----Matt Schaub------Matt Leinart--------T.J Yates
RB----Arian Foster------Derrick Ward-------Ben Tate--------Steve Slaton
FB----James Casey------Lawrence Vickers

Bryant Johnson was 2nd string behind Andre Johnson at the WR1 spot.

Jacoby Jones was 2nd string behind Kevin Walter at the WR2 spot.

I don't recall seeing Bryant Johnson on the field today, did any of you?

Also: I don't know how we get a list of what Kubiak submits to the NFL in terms of his weekly game day roster(s), do you guys know where that's at? Did Kubiak only suit up three WRs this week, or was Bryant Johnson in pads & helmet today, ready to play if needed? I would think he would be.

I think either Maehl or Holliday will brought up from the PS to be Jacoby's old spot of second string WR2, with Jacoby taking the WR2 first string spot until Walter returns. B. Johnson stays behind A Johnson on the WR1 spot.

Corrosion
09-12-2011, 03:14 AM
Here's the list of inactives from todays game according to the Chron (http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-also-list-Yates-five-others-as-inactives-2165344.php) -

In addition to running back Arian Foster, the following Texans are also inactive for today's season opener against Indianapolis at Reliant Stadium:

Rookie quarterback T.J. Yates, rookie cornerback Roc Carmichael, rookie guard Derek Newton, guard Thomas Austin and defensive end Tim Bulman.

TheMatrix31
09-12-2011, 04:14 AM
Dolphins have a good secondary so I'd like to have the situation relatively shored up soon.

ObsiWan
09-12-2011, 04:17 AM
Link to KFFL's list of F/A WRs (http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=WR&y=2011)....

T.O. is still hurt and Moss is retired. And I doubt that either are Uncle Bob's kind of players.

More likely that D. A. gets another shot here or we bring back Dorin Dickerson to the P/S and bump Maehl up to the 53.

Of course, Andre' Davis is still around
:hides:

redwhiteANDblue
09-12-2011, 06:51 AM
What about donnie avery? That guy is a playmaker I would love to have that guy over anyone else

GuerillaBlack
09-12-2011, 07:04 AM

I knew he had an injury ... just wasnt sure how bad. Surgery in late June ? He's probably not ready yet. But I'd take a healthy TO any day .....

Who else is on the scrap heap ?

He's actually recovered pretty well and fast apparently. He has already posted a video of him self running some drills. Wouldn't hurt to bring him in for a tryout.

BigBull17
09-12-2011, 07:29 AM
No thanks. He went to Seattle a couple years ago, IIRC, because they treated him like a king when he visited them. He did poorly. Big time poorly. He said "Ah, that's a fluke. Watch me NEXT year." Same thing. Then he went to the Ravens.

He's done. No thanks.

By the way, until Plaxico Burress made his anti-Coughlin remarks--and based on his performance tonight vs. Cowboys--I would have liked him here. But now, after he ragged out Coughlin like he did...no thanks. I'll pass on him. He is the perpetual victim, always getting screwed by someone else (no personal responsibility, still).

I don't want to try the David Anderson Show again, either. Been there, done that. We have that same type of guy (but a bit quicker, IMO) in Jeff Maehl on the practice squad.
Had Lestar Jean not gotten hurt, it's a no-brainer who gets WR3 duty in place of Walter. But, oh well. :(

That leaves Bryant Johnson, IMO.

Yes sir. We know everything DA brings to the table, and it isn't enough to feed the family. Look elsewhere.

El Tejano
09-12-2011, 07:50 AM
What about donnie avery? That guy is a playmaker I would love to have that guy over anyone else

And correct me if I'm wrong but Avery was originally with Shanahan's Denver Broncos right?

ObsiWan
09-12-2011, 08:07 AM
And correct me if I'm wrong but Avery was originally with Shanahan's Denver Broncos right?

he was with the Rams

Colts | Show interest in Donnie Avery
Sun, 11 Sep 2011 22:39:31 -0700
The Indianapolis Colts have expressed an interest in free-agent WR Donnie Avery (http://www.kffl.com/player/18254/nfl/donnie-avery) (knee), especially after dressing only three wide receivers in Week 1 against the Houston Texans.
Comment (0)| Source: thesidelineview.com - Adam Caplan

49ers | Worked out Donnie Avery
Thu, 08 Sep 2011 16:40:12 -0700
The San Francisco 49ers worked out free-agent WR Donnie Avery (Rams) Thursday, Sept. 8.
Comment (0) (http://www.kffl.com/player/18254/nfl/gnews.php?id=738804)| Source: thesidelineview.com - Adam Caplan (http://twitter.com/#!/caplannfl/status/111942112932667392)

Rams | Tried trading Donnie Avery
Sat, 03 Sep 2011 23:38:52 -0700
The St. Louis Rams tried to trade WR Donnie Avery before opting to release him Saturday, Sept. 3, but couldn't find any interested trading partners.
Comment (0) (http://www.kffl.com/player/18254/nfl/gnews.php?id=737671)| Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch - Jim Thomas (http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/article_d1c6493e-d681-11e0-83d9-0019bb30f31a.html)

Rams | Donnie Avery released
Sat, 03 Sep 2011 17:28:12 -0700
The St. Louis Rams have released WR Donnie Avery. Avery is entering his fourth-year in the league and missed 15 games last season due to injury.
Comment (0) (http://www.kffl.com/player/18254/nfl/gnews.php?id=737595)| Source: KFFL.com (http://www.kffl.com/)

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/18254/nfl/news#ixzz1Xk7lbZ2x

alphajoker
09-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Just a thought, why not use Slaton as a WR?

euro-Texan
09-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Can anyone tell me what happened to Walter? I was hosting a watching party and spent a lot of time behind the BBQ Pit and didn't even realize KW was hurt until post game. Was it an obvious injury (game stopper)? Did he stay on the sideline? Did he land wrong or hit someone?

Corrosion
09-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Can anyone tell me what happened to Walter? I was hosting a watching party and spent a lot of time behind the BBQ Pit and didn't even realize KW was hurt until post game. Was it an obvious injury (game stopper)? Did he stay on the sideline? Did he land wrong or hit someone?

He made a catch , his only one of the game , got up and ran to the sidelines with a grimace on his face .... kinda holding his arm / shoulder as he ran off the field.

euro-Texan
09-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Just a thought, why not use Slaton as a WR?

I like it. He isn't the tallest, and Schaub does throw into the reach of the linemen often. I would rather see Dickerson back. Maybe being cut will be a wake-up.

beerlover
09-12-2011, 09:46 AM
For starters Texans should move Jeff Maehl off the practice squad, he knows the system & can play special teams, then workout some other free agent WR's to see if they fit.

here is a quick FA WR list, last updated by Adam Caplin sept 12th -

Wide Receiver
Terrell Owens
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Chris Chambers
Brandon Stokley
Donnie Avery
Justin Gage
David Anderson
Ruvell Martin
Kelley Washington
Johnnie Lee Higgins (KR)
Sinorice Moss (KR)
Brandon Jones
Michael Clayton
Devard Darling
Malcolm Kelly
Mike Furrey
Andre Davis (KR)
Greg Lewis
Antwaan Randle El (PR)
Hank Baskett
Brian Finneran
David Clowney (KR)
Demetrius Williams
Buster Davis
Roydell Williams
Isaiah Stanback (KR)

HOU-TEX
09-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Sorry for KW. I hope he's able to get'er healed up right and ready to go sooner rather than later.

beerlover
09-12-2011, 10:29 AM
For starters Texans should move Jeff Maehl off the practice squad, he knows the system & can play special teams, then workout some other free agent WR's to see if they fit.

Wide Receiver
Terrell Owens
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Chris Chambers
Brandon Stokley
Donnie Avery
Justin Gage
David Anderson
Ruvell Martin
Kelley Washington
Johnnie Lee Higgins (KR)
Sinorice Moss (KR)
Brandon Jones
Michael Clayton
Devard Darling
Malcolm Kelly
Mike Furrey
Andre Davis (KR)
Greg Lewis
Antwaan Randle El (PR)
Hank Baskett
Brian Finneran
David Clowney (KR)
Demetrius Williams
Buster Davis
Roydell Williams
Isaiah Stanback (KR)

just listen'ed to 790, Lance was just saying the same thing. Then pulling names of this list to discuss who would be a possible fit.

BigBull17
09-12-2011, 11:17 AM
I like Chambers, Gage, or Malcome Kelly.

RazorOye
09-12-2011, 11:21 AM

Wide Receiver

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

from the twitterverse:

http://twitter.com/#!/ALLsportsINTEL

Rich Smith
ALLsportsINTEL Rich Smith
NFL UPDATE - Sources reporting 3 teams have contacted WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh Saints, Rams and Texans.

b0ng
09-12-2011, 11:37 AM
If you want your name Moss should be your guy.

When the Texans play the Saints, who do you think they would fear more Dickerson/Anderson or Moss?

I hate to break this to you, but Randy Moss is not the missing piece of the puzzle for this team. :vincepalm:

Lets sign every washed up and old receiver not currently playing for anybody, it'll be great, nothing could go wrong!

Vinny
09-12-2011, 11:50 AM
I hate to break this to you, but Randy Moss is not the missing piece of the puzzle for this team. :vincepalm:

Lets sign every washed up and old receiver not currently playing for anybody, it'll be great, nothing could go wrong!
I was thinking.....

What would Bill Polian do? #Whatwouldbillpoliando Kerry Collins was taken in the 1995 draft. The Oilers took Chris Sanders WR Ohio State that year. I bet he's available!

BIG TORO
09-12-2011, 12:05 PM
from the twitterverse:

http://twitter.com/#!/ALLsportsINTEL

Rich Smith
ALLsportsINTEL Rich Smith
NFL UPDATE - Sources reporting 3 teams have contacted WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh Saints, Rams and Texans.

This would be awsome if we could get this guy! I wonder how long it would be before we would find something out?

Rey
09-12-2011, 12:16 PM
This would be awsome if we could get this guy! I wonder how long it would be before we would find something out?

I had forgotten about him. He'd be an excellent fit here as well.

RazorOye
09-12-2011, 12:25 PM
This would be awsome if we could get this guy!

except I think you and I would define "we" differently ;)

nero THE zero
09-12-2011, 12:26 PM

Does this mean Lance Moore is going to be out longer?

BIG TORO
09-12-2011, 12:29 PM

lol, Just looked at your avatar! Yes very much so!

RazorOye
09-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Does this mean Lance Moore is going to be out longer?

I think it's more a product of Marques Colston breaking his collarbone and being out at least a month. Moore, afaik, is expected to be back sooner than that.

XI CMURDER IX
09-12-2011, 01:31 PM
We need to get Brett Favre to come in and lead the league in receiving yards!

Norg
09-12-2011, 01:38 PM
i think we should get no one from the time being Just the Next man UP is going to have to step it Up IMO

Ryan
09-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Here's what McLame said on KW's injury

McClain_on_NFL John McClain
I don't expect WR Kevin Walter to miss more than a game or two with his shoulder injury. Jacoby Jones will replace him in the lineup.

McClain_on_NFL John McClain
I could be wrong about Kevin Walter's injury. He wore a sling during the game but not afterward. He didn't act like it was a big deal.

PapaL
09-12-2011, 01:57 PM
T.O.

(runs and hides)

The Cush
09-12-2011, 02:38 PM
T.J. is older but he's in the same mold of the type of player Walter is. I was looking at that list and his name was the one that immediately stuck out because of this. Glad to hear we contacted him

DocBar
09-12-2011, 02:49 PM
I liked TJ when he was with Cincy. He stunk it up big time as a #1, though. Maybe he would like to relive his glory days as a #2?

Ryan
09-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Kubiak said it is being treated as a collarbone bruise and he'll be re-evaluated on Wednesday.

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Kubiak said it is being treated as a collarbone bruise and he'll be re-evaluated on Wednesday.

Kubiak did say no collar bone fracture, but when he said it was just a bruise, he didn't specify a collar bone bruise. A bruised shoulder could mean just muscle bruise (such as deltoid) or dislocation (which could be associated with other injury). If it is a simple collar bone bruise, there should be no problem getting him back on the field immediately with added protection. We'll just have to wait and see.

michaelm
09-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Per 610 text alert, MRI reveals bruise, but no fracture for K Walter

"SR610: An MRI finds Texans WR Kevin Walter has a badly bruised collarbone, but it is not broken. He and Arian Foster will be reevaluated later this week."

Jackie Chiles
09-12-2011, 04:11 PM

"SR610: An MRI finds Texans WR Kevin Walter has a badly bruised collarbone, but it is not broken. He and Arian Foster will be reevaluated later this week."

That sounds like some great news.

brad77
09-12-2011, 04:18 PM
[/QUOTE]Per 610 text alert, MRI reveals bruise, but no fracture for K Walter

glad to hear this. I hoped this was goiong to be the case.

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2011, 04:25 PM

If you listen to the audio of Kubiak's conference, he stated that "does not a fracture.........treated as a bad bruise." SR610 decided to add "collar bone" to their description. Hopefully, that's all it is. But Kubiak definitely did not specify that specific injury. (You might want to refer to my post above)

Porky
09-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Awesome! I guess no TJ then? But Walter is a beast in the run game. He could be easily replaced in the passing game, but he is very under-rated in run blocking.

michaelm
09-12-2011, 04:28 PM
If you listen to the audio of Kubiak's conference, he stated that "does not a fracture.........treated as a bad bruise." SR610 decided to add "collar bone" to their description. Hopefully, that's all it is. But Kubiak definitely did not specify that specific injury. (You might want to refer to my post above)

I posted mine from my iphone before I had a chance to read yours.

Not being a smart ass here, but are you assuming that 610 got the information in their alert from Kubiak?
It might be possible that the team provided specifics outside of what Kubiak said.

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2011, 04:39 PM
I posted mine from my iphone before I had a chance to read yours.

Not being a smart ass here, but are you assuming that 610 got the information in their alert from Kubiak?
It might be possible that the team provided specifics outside of what Kubiak said.

I don't take it as you being a smart ass at all. It's a legitimate question. My answer would have to be that being that it was immediately after the conference, it would make sense that this would have been their only source.

cland
09-12-2011, 04:45 PM
The question is whether 610 followed up and got more information on the bruise before indicating that it was at the collar bone, or just randomly guessed. My guess is that it's legitimate...unlike the broken shoulder report--complete with the 10-12 week recovery time, which is patently false.

fiasco west
09-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Good to hear that KW won't be out long if any at all.....but dang I was kinda liking the Whoseyamama idea. He'd be a perfect fit here for a #2 but if KW's not going to be out for long I guess not.

michaelm
09-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Just got this text alert from 610:

""SR610: An MRI reveals entire Colts roster has a badly bruised ego, and all players are considered questionable for Sunday's game."

TheDrifter
09-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Just got this text alert from 610:

""SR610: An MRI reveals entire Colts roster has a badly bruised ego, and all players are considered questionable for Sunday's game."

This Browns game is basically their super bowl.

Pantherstang84
09-12-2011, 04:59 PM

Rep. :kitten:

DocBar
09-12-2011, 05:16 PM
We came out of this game basically unscathed if KW is day to day. Except for some nitpicking, this Sunday was a resounding success, even though I will still nitpick over some details....:tiphat:

Kimmy
09-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Exatly. He knows the offense, sign him now. Anderson's not a #2, but JJ did well today and we have multiple tight ends that are receiving threats too.

I'm good with this as well, DA is a great replacement

TheMatrix31
09-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Phew. A bruise? MAYBE he'd miss one week then, eh?

fiasco west
09-12-2011, 06:09 PM

Lol!

The fun thing about the Colts season this year is that they have about 5 or 6 primetime games it seems....will be fun watching this train wreck

TexansLucky13
09-12-2011, 06:10 PM
It seems PFT's reliability is hurting worse than KW's shoulder...

DocBar
09-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Lol!

The fun thing about the Colts season this year is that they have about 5 or 6 primetime games it seems....will be fun watching this train wreckI bet the guy that came up with that flex scheduling business got a nice raise today. May the Colts become the new Bungles.

Lucky
09-12-2011, 06:34 PM
I bet the guy that came up with that flex scheduling business got a nice raise today. May the Colts become the new Bungles.
The week 13 Colts vs. Pats SNF could be in jeopardy of being replaced. And the Texans week 13 game vs the Falcons could be an intriguing matchup.

DocBar
09-12-2011, 06:36 PM
The week 13 Colts vs. Pats SNF could be in jeopardy of being replaced. And the Texans week 13 game vs the Falcons could be an intriguing matchup.Only if the Falcons hold up their end.:homer:

Playoffs
09-12-2011, 10:32 PM
It seems PFT's reliability is hurting worse than KW's shoulder...

Yeah, those guys are off the mark wayyyy too often.

TheMatrix31
09-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Perhaps a thread title change is in order?

Corrosion
09-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Lol!

The fun thing about the Colts season this year is that they have about 5 or 6 primetime games it seems....will be fun watching this train wreck

If I have to hear one more word about how good Peyton is while giving absolutely no credit to the opponent ... I think I might just puke.

noxiousdog
09-13-2011, 12:37 AM
If BoBBy's serious about winning.

I've got my doubts.

The Patriots released Moss. Are they serious about winning?

steelbtexan
09-13-2011, 02:03 AM
The Patriots released Moss. Are they serious about winning?

2 totally different situations.

The Pats are going with more 2TE/2WR intermediate passing game, plus they kept Slater for his ST value. Brady has a better rapport with Branch than he does Moss.

SAMURAITEXAN
09-13-2011, 02:25 AM
Hope KW is able to some back soon. We need MR. RELIABLE.

Go Texans!!!

noxiousdog
09-13-2011, 11:00 AM
2 totally different situations.

The Pats are going with more 2TE/2WR intermediate passing game, plus they kept Slater for his ST value. Brady has a better rapport with Branch than he does Moss.

Are you kidding? The three years in New England that Moss wanted to be a good citizen, he had 3750 yards and 47 touchdowns. I don't know how you get better rapport than that.

Branch has a total of 34 touchdowns in his entire career.

Moss is now old and his talent is no longer worth the headaches and lack of effort. It's pretty much that simple. If the Patriots think he's not good enough to make their team, I can't see how he has anything left.

Texan_Bill
09-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Meh, rub some dirt on it and get back out there on the field.

CloakNNNdagger
09-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Meh, rub some dirt on it and get back out there on the field.

I bet they tried that immediately, Bill!

When they were initially vasillating between a possible "collarbone fracture" and "collarbone or shoulder bruise," it got me thinking that it's sounding much like he may have sustained a shoulder separation (not dislocation which is different) which can be preliminarily diagnosed by the combination of identifying how he injured himself and physical examination. An x-ray can find many fractures, but minor undisplaced fractures may be difficult to demonstrate early. With a shoulder separation, even a more minor one, there can be a small step-off deformity on physical examination. An MRI for these reasons is obtained in such a case to rule out the fracture, and examine the soft tissues for tear. In a shoulder separation, there is a tear of one or more structures that stabilized the collarbone near its outer border. These are usually connected to front parts of the scapula (shoulder blade) called the acromion process and coracoid process. This is why the terms "collarbone" and "shoulder" can be confusingly interchanged in discussing this type of injury. Various areas of tears and extent of tears dictate the treatment and extent and length of debilitation. We will have a better idea if he doesn't return to play by at least the Saints game.

http://www.heumann.org/body.of.knowledge/a2/scapula.gif

http://www.netterimages.com/images/vpv/000/000/007/7618-0550x0475.jpg

https://members.kaiserpermanente.org/kpweb/image/feature/027healthency/en-us/media/medical/hw/hwkb17_036_04.jpg