09-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Walter-left shoulder

Ward-right ankle

MEGA SWATT
09-11-2011, 05:45 PM
meh, rub some dirt on it.:scarygirl:

redwhiteANDblue
09-11-2011, 05:47 PM
So if walter is out who's our 2? Johnson or jacoby?

CloakNNNdagger
09-11-2011, 05:47 PM
meh, rub some dirt on it.:scarygirl:

The Colts tried that at first on Peyton........didn't work out that well:tiphat:

DocBar
09-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Walter-left shoulder

Ward-right ankleSeperated shoulder?
I hope Ward doesn't have a high ankle sprain or a bad sprain at all.

CloakNNNdagger
09-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Seperated shoulder?
I hope Ward doesn't have a high ankle sprain or a bad sprain at all.

Don't have any details yet.

TexanFan881
09-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Walter broke his shoulder....
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/09/11/texans-wr-walter-suffers-broken-shoulder/
10 to 12 weeks

Kimmy
09-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Walter broke his shoulder....
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/09/11/texans-wr-walter-suffers-broken-shoulder/
10 to 12 weeks

Oh that really sucks! I had missed this :(

Rey
09-11-2011, 08:50 PM
So if walter is out who's our 2? Johnson or jacoby?

Jacoby.

ObsiWan
09-11-2011, 08:54 PM
The Colts tried that at first on Peyton........didn't work out that well:tiphat:
I told you what was wrong with Peyton....
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9886658.jpg

...8 to 10 week delivery time

DocBar
09-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Everything I've read says 10-12 weeks. IR him and bring in a FA? I would feel better with bringing David Anderson back over Moss. Maybe bring Moss in for a workout and see what he has. It would be kinda cool to see him on the field with AJ, but there would be no real learning curve with Anderson.

Playoffs
09-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Sucks to lose Walter.

One of the training camp kiddos is going to have to grow up & step up.

texanhead08
09-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Everything I've read says 10-12 weeks. IR him and bring in a FA? I would feel better with bringing David Anderson back over Moss. Maybe bring Moss in for a workout and see what he has. It would be kinda cool to see him on the field with AJ, but there would be no real learning curve with Anderson.

They aren't bringing in Moss and we all know that and based on the can of quit he opened on 3 teams last year I don't blame them.

Norg
09-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Moss wont run protect and surely not like run protect like kevin did

Moss surley wont got down the middle like kevin

moss wont even run crip routes

I will miss Kevin but hey next man UP heck that packers won the SB with 15 of there players on IR i dont see why we cant go on without Kevin

and he will be back for us in the playoffs hopefully LOL

Corrosion
09-12-2011, 01:25 AM
When I saw Walter come off the field after a catch , he was holding that shoulder ..... I thought to myself , "Hope its not serious". Well , it cant be much worse .....

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Data reviewing clavicle fractures that occurred during a 5-season period was collected from the NFL Injury Surveillance System and detailed questionaire reports from the medical staff of all 32 teams. The findings were published last October in a respected sports medicine journal.
There were 19 mid-clavicular fractures in that 5 year period. Six were either not displaced or minimally displaced. All of these healed in an average of 7.3 weeks. The other 13 fractures were fully displaced. Six of these 13 underwent surgical repair with no postoperative complications, and an average healing period of 8.8 weeks. Three of these players were able to return to play during the same season. The other 7 players were treated conservatively with a simple sling or a "figure 8" strap. Three of these healed uneventfully in an average of 13.3 weeks. The other 4 players experienced re-fracture within 1 year of the initial injury. These 4 players missed an average of 1.5 seasons because of their clavicle injury and subsequent clinical course.

As an NFL player who may sustain future trauma to the affected are, IF Walter has a fully displaced clavicular fracture, he will most likely undergo a surgical repair. We will have to wait for the MRI findings in order to define his actual injury or injuries.

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Kubiak report no fracture on MRI. Does not elaborate beyond a "bruise."

GP
09-12-2011, 05:08 PM

No fracture? Uses the word "bruise," but doesn't elaborate on it, correct?

EDIT: Read in the other thread that added protection might be the only thing needed to get him back onto the field if the "bruise" is minor and not overly deep or something. GREAT news.

texanfan2002114
09-12-2011, 05:14 PM
No fracture? Uses the word "bruise," but doesn't elaborate on it, correct?

EDIT: Read in the other thread that added protection might be the only thing needed to get him back onto the field if the "bruise" is minor and not overly deep or something. GREAT news.

Kubiak said that he had just gotten the news that Walter had a shoulder bruise and it wasn't a fracture like it was reported by other sources. He did go on to say that he would wait till Wed or Thurs to figure out if Kevin was going to play this Sunday versus the Fins. He sounded optimistic when he was speaking.

I'm sure he will get more questions about it today during his weekly talk show on www.sportsradio610.com at 5pm central time every monday.

cland
09-12-2011, 05:33 PM
My question is who the hell was the source that confirmed (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/11/kevin-walter-expected-to-miss-10-12-weeks-with-shoulder-injury/) it was a broken shoulder prior to the MRI being done?

ObsiWan
09-12-2011, 05:38 PM

Assuming the report that this is a bruise is correct, how would something like this affect his range of motion? WRs have to stretch and reach often times to make the catch. I would think this might affect his ability to catch balls that aren't right on the money.

Maybe it would be wise to rest him a full week as we did with Foster this past week.

Just asking....

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Assuming the report that this is a bruise is correct, how would something like this affect his range of motion? WRs have to stretch and reach often times to make the catch. I would think this might affect his ability to catch balls that aren't right on the money.

Maybe it would be wise to rest him a full week as we did with Foster this past week.

Just asking....

If this bruise is in the area of the clavicle away from the ends, it should be sore. But he should do fine with proper protection. If the bruise extends to where the clavicle meets the shoulder joint, then this would likely limit his range of motion for awhile depending on the magnitude of swelling and pain.......as long as 2-3 weeks. Hard to tell exactly without being able to examine him (and taking for granted that the reported injury is not minimized).

GP
09-12-2011, 05:57 PM
If this bruise is in the area of the clavicle away from the ends, it should be sore. But he should do fine with proper protection. If the bruise extends to where the clavicle meets the shoulder joint, then this would likely limit his range of motion for awhile depending on the magnitude of swelling and pain.......as long as 2-3 weeks. Hard to tell exactly without being able to examine him (and taking for granted that the reported injury is not minimized).

Would the bruise, itself, potentially affect the clavicle area in a way that might bring about a more serious injury if the bruise is not allowed to heal enough before his next action in a game environment?

I'm spitballin' here, so bear with me. What I'm meaning is this: A bruise is broken blood vessels, trauma to a soft tissue or muscle(s). Therefore, would that affected area become a stress to other surrounding tissues/tendons/joints when put through stress during a game--Tasks like blocking, swinging of the arms, reach for a pass, etc?

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Would the bruise, itself, potentially affect the clavicle area in a way that might bring about a more serious injury if the bruise is not allowed to heal enough before his next action in a game environment?

I'm spitballin' here, so bear with me. What I'm meaning is this: A bruise is broken blood vessels, trauma to a soft tissue or muscle(s). Therefore, would that affected area become a stress to other surrounding tissues/tendons/joints when put through stress during a game--Tasks like blocking, swinging of the arms, reach for a pass, etc?

Not likely, unless the bruising around the end of the collar bone near the shoulder joint reflects a tear of a structure such as a ligament or tendon or labrum/rotator cuff..........which should have been ruled in or ruled out by the MRI. Again, we have to rely on the reports from the team.

DocBar
09-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Not likely, unless the bruising around the end of the collar bone near the shoulder joint reflects a tear of a structure such as a ligament or tendon or labrum/rotator cuff..........which should have been ruled in or ruled out by the MRI. Again, we have to rely on the reports from the team.I'm sure they would've spotted rotator cuff/labrum damage right off. If they'd seen that, we'd hear about Kubiak wanting to "be smart about it" instead of day-to-day.
Having said that, a good rehab schedule with some anti-inflammatory drugs and painkillers should do the trick.
This concludes my non factual statement on "shoulder bruises". :cool:

drs23
09-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Not likely, unless the bruising around the end of the collar bone near the shoulder joint reflects a tear of a structure such as a ligament or tendon or labrum/rotator cuff..........which should have been ruled in or ruled out by the MRI. Again, we have to rely on the reports from the team.

And we know how that's worked out in the past. Looks like they may have wised up a bit or hedged somewhat since the RB position is 4 deep now with the awsomeness of #23 sitting out.