PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby Just Shut The Haters Up!!

DexmanC
09-11-2011, 01:23 PM
The value Jacoby brings to the Texans FAR
EXCEED what David Anderson would have brought.

Just thought y'all should know that.

drs23
09-11-2011, 01:30 PM

I've always liked Jacoby. I think I like him even more now. :)

sbalderrama
09-11-2011, 01:34 PM
that was a hell of a run back.

TexansFanatic
09-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Haven't seen a return like that from Jacoby in a while. Good for him. He got his mojo back.

badboy
09-11-2011, 02:09 PM
JJ needs to step up this year and I am tired of defending him. I did a thread last season picking him to go to pro bowl. Maybe it will be this year. He has skills and speed and hands look good this game. If he does well and Bryant Johnson is as good as I hope I can change my 2012 mock first round selection.

Thorn
09-11-2011, 02:56 PM
JJ also made a couple good receiptions. I think a nice day for JJ. Good for him.

Hervoyel
09-11-2011, 03:02 PM

Next week, or the one after he'll give them a whole new box of ammo. That's what Jacoby does.

You should know that by now.

burro
09-11-2011, 03:07 PM
JJ had a great day. I just want to see him perform at this level consistently. We already knew he could perform at a pro-level, it's just a matter of him executing, which he did today. All in all, everyone did fantastically; we showed the entire NFL that we are serious.

eriadoc
09-11-2011, 03:15 PM

WTH does Jacoby have to do with David Anderson? You know they could both exist on the same roster and fill entirely different roles, right?

In other news, apple lovers just shut down the orange lovers!

Honoring Earl 34
09-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Yea ... and Hartman showed we don't need no Maynard . :vincepalm:

DexmanC
09-11-2011, 04:04 PM
WTH does Jacoby have to do with David Anderson?

There was only one contract, and Jacoby got it.

I got sick of the threads lamenting that fact during the offseason.

hradhak
09-11-2011, 04:07 PM
There was only one contract, and Jacoby got it.

I got sick of the threads lamenting that fact during the offseason.

JJ deserved the contract. He has the talent to be much better than he has been the last few years. He had fewer drops today than AJ and Kevin Walter, which I don't think has ever happened before

MEGA SWATT
09-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Next week, or the one after he'll give them a whole new box of ammo. That's what Jacoby does.

You should know that by now.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-52YT9zp5YSI/Tf6mhAOUSSI/AAAAAAAAAis/X3JZnwvzZJ4/s1600/Debbie+Downer.jpg

Insideop
09-11-2011, 04:54 PM
JJ deserved the contract. He has the talent to be much better than he has been the last few years. He had fewer drops today than AJ and Kevin Walter, which I don't think has ever happened before

I might have missed it, but I saw only one pass to KW the whole game, which he caught, and then he was injured. Did I miss something? Also, has anyone heard how bad the injury was? I know it was to his shoulder.

Good game by Jacoby!

chicagotexan2
09-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Hey Jacoby way to play. Great return and solid game at wr. Now try to be consistent and don't revert to being a hit or miss player.

But we all know that by now.

And Wades value to the texans by far exceeds what Vic fangio and frank bush brought to the table.

Just thought y'all should know that because only a few of us have an eye keen enough to tell the diffrance.

Hervoyel
09-11-2011, 06:05 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-52YT9zp5YSI/Tf6mhAOUSSI/AAAAAAAAAis/X3JZnwvzZJ4/s1600/Debbie+Downer.jpg

Hey, there's not a poster here who would like to see that pattern broken more than me. He can be electrifying and an incredible weapon. He just needs to step up and do it consistently.

buddyboy
09-11-2011, 06:12 PM
This is an incredibly idiotic thread.

Sure, Jacoby had a great day, and I am super excited about his upside. But to take one game into context and say it "shut the haters up" and to rub people's face in it is pretty premature. Let's see him do this for a few games before declaring him the answer to our problems. He has NOT shut the haters up, if he keeps it up, then he certainly will.

It's like if he had a bad game today and someone came in whining about how he's crap, and will never succeed. Which, actually, has more credence to it because there's a larger pool of evidence that supports that.

But to take one good performance (and what a performance it was!) and rub people's face in it is stupid.

But like I said, hopefully he DOES indeed keep this up

houstonspartan
09-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Dex, I usually agree with you, and I admit that Jacoby had somewhat of a good day, but, I'm still not convinced. He has still underperformed and I still would have gotten rid of his ass. If Kevin Walter ever goes down we are f--ked.

Hervoyel
09-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Dex, I usually agree with you, and I admit that Jacoby had somewhat of a good day, but, I'm still not convinced. He has still underperformed and I still would have gotten rid of his ass. If Kevin Walter ever goes down we are f--ked.

And so now "we are f--ked"

Jacoby? You There? Time to "step up" and prove that you're more than just potential and the random good game. Make Dexman proud JJ!

drunkcookie
09-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Hey, there's not a poster here who would like to see that pattern broken more than me. He can be electrifying and an incredible weapon. He just needs to step up and do it consistently.

Amen...

Lucky
09-11-2011, 06:59 PM
If Kevin Walter ever goes down we are f--ked.
I hate to tell you this.
(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/11/kevin-walter-expected-to-miss-10-12-weeks-with-shoulder-injury/)

houstonspartan
09-11-2011, 07:05 PM
I hate to tell you this.
(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/11/kevin-walter-expected-to-miss-10-12-weeks-with-shoulder-injury/)

Lucky, yep, just saw that. Hopefully, that's just a rumor. Jacoby will have me biting my nails all year if we have to rely on him behind 'Dre.

ArlingtonTexan
09-11-2011, 07:07 PM
He will have a chance to shut the haters up for an extended period.

houstonspartan
09-11-2011, 07:10 PM
He will have a chance to shut the haters up for an extended period.

Good. I hope he does. It's on him, now. Time to rise.

CloakNNNdagger
09-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Today, he looked like what we all hoped he would look like all along. After today, he will have his training wheels taken from him and be expected to take over big boy shoes permanently. Here's hoping he takes today's game through to the Saints and beyond.

SAMURAITEXAN
09-12-2011, 03:26 AM
Today, he looked like what we all hoped he would look like all along. After today, he will have his training wheels taken from him and be expected to take over big boy shoes permanently. Here's hoping he takes today's game through to the Saints and beyond.

I sure hope so Doc.

Go JJ!!!
Go Texans!!!

ubecool454
09-12-2011, 08:22 AM

Yeah I agree JJ is much better than Anderson but JJ is still a diva and he hates contact. If he knows he is about to be hit he loses focus and will not usually catch the ball and when he does catch a open pass he heads to the sidelines to avoid getting hit. I'm a little disappointed in JJ since when he did score a TD he didn't dance. He is the best endzone dancer on the team..lol

Texaninlild
09-12-2011, 08:57 AM
It was never JJ's speed or athletic ability that were in question. It has always been his hands. He once told the Sirius Sports he could catch a BB in the dark, but that is why he has a glass eye. :vincepalm:

House of Pain
09-13-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm anti-JJ, due to his track record of inconsistency rather than anything relating to his upside or his talent. I really think his "boneheadedness" is who he is and he won't be able to change. However, in the spirit of the new football season, I will continue the difficult task of trying to be positive about this year and the team's future. (if the past is an indication of the future )

JJ finally has his chance, if he steps up and stays consistent (and not consistently inconsistent) I will, ala DocBar, say I was wrong, and eat crow publically.

For the record, I don't think he will, but I really want him to.

Lucky
09-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Yeah I agree JJ is much better than Anderson but JJ is still a diva and he hates contact.
This works in Jacoby's favor when he's avoiding tacklers on the way to the end zone, for instance.

The Dolphins can't be too happy about seeing more of Jones, this Sunday. He's made big plays (70 yard punt return in '08 and 44 yard TD catch in '09) the past 2 games against Miami.

http://theawesomer.com/photos/2010/07/070810_haters_gonna_hate_t.jpg

Blake
09-14-2011, 11:17 AM

Phew. Glad we have both now!

DexmanC
09-18-2011, 07:00 PM
Jacoby played a helluva game today. Big punt return, tough catches
including that 29-yarder that was tipped. Bad hands???

Texas T
09-18-2011, 07:15 PM

I will say that I have been pleasantly surprised with JJ so far.

He is finally playing like we all knew he could but that being said I still cringe every time that the ball goes his way (either pass or punt). Hopefully I will be able to stop this soon as he keeps getting better.

badboy
09-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Jacoby looked like a WR today.

Hervoyel
09-18-2011, 07:41 PM

He had a good game today. You'll get no complaints out of me about it. Next week we play New Orleans and no, he doesn't need to step up. He's already "up". He just needs to stay there.

Dare I hope we're finally going to get to see Jacoby Jones grow the hell up this year?

False Start
09-18-2011, 07:47 PM
JJ has has two good games in a row now. If he can put together 3-4 more then I will jump on the Jacoby bandwagon.

buddyboy
09-18-2011, 08:04 PM
I was disappointed DA didn't take more looks away from JJ....

jk.

DocBar
09-18-2011, 08:11 PM
including that 29-yarder that was tipped. Bad hands???Yes he did play well today. I don't know of anyone who questions his hands as much as his head. He has always made some circus catches. It's the easy drops that have driven me nuts. Regardless, he seems like his head is screwed on straight now, so GO JJ!!!

Corrosion
09-19-2011, 06:50 AM
JJ had a pretty good game .... But going backwards on that PR wasnt the best idea. You dont have to break one off every time , take what you can get .... and wait for the next opportunity.

Wolf6151
09-19-2011, 01:31 PM
JJ's problem has always been consistency. He'll make a highlight film catch but then follow that up with 2 dumb plays (fumbles, drops, retreating on punts, etc...) It's been most peoples opinion that JJ just won't grow up and that he suffers from maturity issues. If he can string together a good season instead of just 1 or 2 games then alot of people will get off his back and be on his side. Also most teams don't wait 4 yrs. for a player to develope/mature, the NFL is a business and you've got to step up and be an adult and get the job done.

alphajoker
09-25-2011, 04:38 PM
:cricket: dude went MIA

CretorFrigg
10-11-2011, 12:17 PM
:popcorn:

Interesting.

Double Barrel
10-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Jacoby shut the lovers up this week. :choke:

HOU-TEX
10-11-2011, 01:18 PM

Um, that'd be the last 2-3 weeks.

False Start
10-11-2011, 01:21 PM

Very sad but true. :pop:

rmartin65
01-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Thanks JJ. Bumpity Bump.

Cut his ass Kubes.

4Texans
01-15-2012, 12:20 PM
If this was regular season, he would ride the bench for the rest of the game. Wonder what will happen to him today????:kubepalm:

Honoring Earl 34
01-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Thanks JJ. Bumpity Bump.

Cut his ass Kubes.

He and the stagger lee are forever linked . What a freaking dumb arse.

Wolf
01-15-2012, 12:24 PM
He and the stagger lee are forever linked . What a freaking dumb arse.

I thought of that too

Mr. White
01-15-2012, 12:26 PM
He shut me up all right. I'm speechless.

But I'm definitely a hater now.

Honoring Earl 34
01-15-2012, 12:26 PM
I thought of that too

Just shows how smart you are .

gtexan02
01-15-2012, 12:31 PM
50+ players all playing a role and 1 gives the game away

Honoring Earl 34
01-15-2012, 12:36 PM
50+ players all playing a role and 1 gives the game away

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/201/789/ojrep_display_image.jpg?1271572918

eriadoc
01-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Kubiak put him back out there. ****ing brilliant.

Texan_Bill
01-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Earlier this year I said that A) I hated the contract B) I was feeling a little better about JJ's play BUT C) I still hold my breath every time he's back to receive a punt.

Concerns realized!!!

TWICE today!!! Money well spent??? I think not!!!

gwallaia
01-15-2012, 01:37 PM
I don't hate Jacoby Jones. I hate the fact that Jacoby Jones is stupid.

eriadoc
01-15-2012, 01:38 PM
I don't hate Jacoby Jones. I hate the fact that Jacoby Jones is stupid.

It's taken this half for me to stop hating JJ. Immediately after that muffed return, I hated JJ. Since he's been on the field so much since then, I've decided I hate the person that re-signed him and continues to put his ass out there.

chicagotexan2
01-15-2012, 03:22 PM
He has solidified his place in the darkest part of my heart. Take your sorry a$$ out of Houston. I wish he'd miss the team flight to Baltimore and I hope he misses the flight home and takes the one to NO and stays there. Eff you jones.

CretorFrigg
01-15-2012, 03:23 PM
This thread fails on so many levels.

BullNation4Life
01-15-2012, 03:28 PM
This thread fails on so many levels.

Let's see Jacoby Jones, 4 year Veteran who's main job on the Texans team is to.....

wait for it...

RETURN PUNTS! what does he do, the BIGGEST boneheaded play of the game. NOT ONLY that one play, he did absolutely nothing in the return game to give his team good field position; Ran sideways and backwards, as he always does, instead of North and South.

so again, where does this thread fail?

gwallaia
01-15-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm a little surprised Jacoby Jones was not named the MVP for the Ravens today.

CretorFrigg
01-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Let's see Jacoby Jones, 4 year Veteran who's main job on the Texans team is to.....

wait for it...

RETURN PUNTS! what does he do, the BIGGEST boneheaded play of the game. NOT ONLY that one play, he did absolutely nothing in the return game to give his team good field position; Ran sideways and backwards, as he always does, instead of North and South.

so again, where does this thread fail?

Check my post history. I want to get rid of JJ.

Read the thread title, and the first two pages. That's what fails.

Brandon420tx
01-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Check the dates on the first page

BullNation4Life
Check my post history. I want to get rid of JJ.

Read the thread title, and the first two pages. That's what fails.

ahhh my bad, went straight to the end...

CretorFrigg
Check the dates on the first page

I am fully aware of the dates.

mattieuk
01-15-2012, 03:37 PM
I don't believe that Jacoby stays in Houston after that muff today. He isn't the worst WR in the world, but he is going to be synonymous with 'that play' (like Sage was with the Rosencopter). His return skills are average, at best.

Sorry, but Jacoby used up the last of my goodwill towards him today.

KA4Texan
01-15-2012, 03:39 PM
I try to be a good Christian but JJ makes it so ............... difficult not to go insane.

If I had the power JJ would be staying in a place that actually loves him..... Balt.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Did Jacoby get a game ball from the Ravens?

MannyFresh
01-15-2012, 03:41 PM
I don't believe that Jacoby stays in Houston after that muff today. He isn't the worst WR in the world, but he is going to be synonymous with 'that play' (like Sage was with the Rosencopter). His return skills are average, at best.

Sorry, but Jacoby used up the last of my goodwill towards him today.

I agree, the "momma in the stands" was a nice novelty, but its time for him to go... AJ needs a true #2 WR to take off pressure.

Brisco_County
01-15-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm certain Jacoby feels terrible, and he'll probably vow to do what he can to become better and make up for it. And I doubt the dude "stupid." But I do think his time in Houston should come to an end, since he's had plenty of opportunity by now to prove his value. I really like the guy a lot, but if he does grow and become a better player, he will have to do it for another team. Getting cut might be motivation.

forcefollow
01-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Jacoby didn't shut this hater up. :kubepalm:

Lauren
01-15-2012, 04:47 PM
?%#* Jacoby.

Luv_ya_blue
01-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Only room for ONE "JJ" on the roster...
And that is JJ WATT!!

Cut him loose...he's dead weight!

CretorFrigg