PDA

View Full Version : Vikes Give Peterson $100 Million

Nawzer
09-10-2011, 04:56 PM
According to ESPN, the Vikings have agreed upon a long term contract extension with running back Adrian Peterson. It's a 7 year deal worth $96 million with escalators that could push the deal to $100 million.

The main reason I post this is because of the implications it could have when it comes to Aryan Foster's contract. He must be happy about this deal, but also at the same time frustrated at the possibility that his hamstring issue could lead to him receiving less money. Rick Smith will have a dilemma on his hand if Foster plays 15 or 16 games this season (plus playoff games hopefully) and repeats his performance from last season. I'm wary about giving any running back that much money. Is Aryan Foster a $100 million running back for the Houston Texans? I don't know honestly. If this hamstring problem lingers, I don't see the Texans giving him a 6 or 7 year deal. They will more than likely keep it in the range of 3 to 4 years with a lot of incentives built into the contract.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6952094/minnesota-vikings-give-adrian-peterson-new-seven-year-100m-deal-source-says

Ryan
09-10-2011, 05:00 PM
If Arian were to receive a contract today i'd guess it'd be somewhere in the range of 8 million a year. I think it could go up if he has a near repeat performance and could probably max at 10-11 million.

Rey
09-10-2011, 05:11 PM
What did cj2k just get?

Fred
09-10-2011, 05:39 PM
According to ESPN, the Vikings have agree upon a long term contract extension with running back Adrian Peterson. It's a 7 a year deal worth $96 million with escalators that could push the deal to $100 million.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6952094/minnesota-vikings-give-adrian-peterson-new-seven-year-100m-deal-source-says

WWWAHHHHH!!!! WWWAAHHH!!! NO FAIR! I'M UNDERPAID! I DEMAND ANOTHER NEW CONTRACT!!!!
Sincerely,
Chris Johnson

Nawzer
09-10-2011, 05:56 PM
WWWAHHHHH!!!! WWWAAHHH!!! NO FAIR! I'M UNDERPAID! I DEMAND ANOTHER NEW CONTRACT!!!!
Sincerely,
Chris Johnson

It's only a matter of time we see a situation like that. I predict sooner rather than later.

TimeKiller
09-11-2011, 07:00 PM
I think Arian is pretty well aware that if he demands the sun and the moon AND the stars he'll be asking someone besides Bob McNair. If he does well again, he'll get a contract that's full of money that makes the team's cap manageable. If he takes it, he'll be a hero. If he bails, we'll let Ben Tate run for 116 and less :money:

Hervoyel
09-12-2011, 10:12 PM
What did cj2k just get?

That's CJ24 now.

After gaining 24 yards, that's all the nickname he deserves.

Rey
09-12-2011, 10:23 PM
That's CJ24 now.

After gaining 24 yards, that's all the nickname he deserves.

Yeah, I said that mostly jokingly.

Honestly, I don't think he's all that. Very fast, but his lateral agility leaves a lot to be desired. Not a banger.

He takes good angles once he gets going, and his vision once he gets past the d line is pretty good.

But give him a crease and he can house it.

The1ApplePie
09-13-2011, 09:57 AM
I think Arian is pretty well aware that if he demands the sun and the moon AND the stars he'll be asking someone besides Bob McNair. If he does well again, he'll get a contract that's full of money that makes the team's cap manageable. If he takes it, he'll be a hero. If he bails, we'll let Ben Tate run for 116 and less :money:

If the Texans believe Arian is a one-year-wonder system back, then there is no way he is getting that money. Especially when you have Tate and Ward who are nearly as talented.

BigBull17
09-13-2011, 10:05 AM
I have a hard time giving ANY running back 100 million.