PDA

View Full Version : How do we end up after 4 games?

silvrhand
09-09-2011, 08:00 AM
I'm curious with the start of our season a very tough schedule what people think our season is going to start like.

Colts
Dolphins
Saints
Steelers

HTown2ATX
09-09-2011, 08:12 AM
I'm curious with the start of our season a very tough schedule what people think our season is going to start like.

Colts
Dolphins
Saints
Steelers

Fixed it for ya :)

I say 3-1 as those 2 games back 2 back between NO and PITT will be brutal. No excuses to lose to IND, MIA and we should beat either PITT or NO if we are legit....

silvrhand
09-09-2011, 08:22 AM

I say 3-1 as those 2 games back 2 back between NO and PITT will be brutal. No excuses to lose to IND, MIA and we should beat either PITT or NO if we are legit....

thanks, need more coffee obviously ugh..

silvrhand
09-09-2011, 08:23 AM

Yah we are going to find out pretty quickly how good this team is, problem is I'm worried we'll get in a hole that we can't dig out of easily to hit the playoffs.

TheDrifter
09-09-2011, 08:37 AM
I'm torn between 2-2 and 3-1.

Packers defense is no slouches, and it still took everything they had to out score Brees.

Rey
09-09-2011, 08:47 AM

Packers defense is no slouches, and it still took everything they had to out score Brees.

What I'm about to say may sound crazy, but I think that we will put more pressure on Brees than GB did...

They got to him and made him move around quite a bit, but I think overall we have better pass rushers in our front 7.

badboy
09-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Loss to Pittsburgh

nero THE zero
09-09-2011, 09:45 AM
We should be happy to start 2-2.

HTown2ATX
09-09-2011, 09:50 AM
We should be happy to start 2-2.

No way. This would most likely mean we beat IND and MIA but realized we are not legit by losing to PITT and NO which wins like that are needed to take that next step.

3-1 minimum. I know it's the NFL but IND and MIA right now should be cream puff games ala Alabama vs. St. Mary of the Blind or something.

2-2 = FAIL

IMO mind you

Grams
09-09-2011, 09:58 AM
3-1 - If we cannot beat either the Saints or the Steelers - then we do not need to be talking about making the playoffs of taking the division this season.

The time has come to be able to play with the Big Boys!!!!!

80tothezone
09-09-2011, 10:21 AM

Colts
Dolphins
Saints
Steelers

I going out on a limb 4-0

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

michaelm
09-09-2011, 10:41 AM
I understand where y'all are coming from when you say 2-2 would be a failure if we lose to the Steelers and Saints, but I disagree.

I think our defense will still be jelling during the first four games, so losing to those two teams early in the season doesn't necessarily mean we can't beat the big boys.
The defense should improve throughout the season, but I think it will be a little rocky in those two early season games against two very good teams.

I'll be OK with 2-2 as long as the defense shows improvement. If it does, we should be capable of beating any team in the league.

Allstar
09-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Pulling out my homer card to say 4-0.

Thorn
09-09-2011, 11:00 AM
I think we'll be 2-2, but if we are a ligit team, we should really be 3-1.

disaacks3
09-09-2011, 11:11 AM
No way. This would most likely mean we beat IND and MIA but realized we are not legit by losing to PITT and NO which wins like that are needed to take that next step.

3-1 minimum. I know it's the NFL but IND and MIA right now should be cream puff games ala Alabama vs. St. Mary of the Blind or something.

2-2 = FAIL

IMO mind you

Losing to Pitt and/or the Saints does NOT equal FAIL. Getting blown out by them is a different story altogether. The Saints just took the defending SB champs to the last play of the game...on the ROAD. I'm pretty sure nobody takes the Steelers lightly either.

thunderkyss
09-09-2011, 11:29 AM

Colts
Dolphins
Saints
Steelers

That part of the schedule just got easier with Manning taking a breather. Instead of 3-1 winning teams, we've now got 2 out of the first 4...

Miami may not be easy, chances are they'll throw something at us the league hadn't seen, like when they started that wildcrap. Which is based on misdirection and matchups. As long as we play sound defense & win the T.O.P. with a strong run game, we should still come out ahead.

Balt & Atl are the remaining winners on our schedule... & Baltimore is the only one I'm worried about.

thunderkyss
09-09-2011, 11:31 AM
I understand where y'all are coming from when you say 2-2 would be a failure if we lose to the Steelers and Saints, but I disagree.

I think our defense will still be jelling during the first four games, so losing to those two teams early in the season doesn't necessarily mean we can't beat the big boys.
The defense should improve throughout the season, but I think it will be a little rocky in those two early season games against two very good teams.

I'll be OK with 2-2 as long as the defense shows improvement. If it does, we should be capable of beating any team in the league.

I'm also saying 4-0, but I understand what you're saying with 2-2.... no shame in that game. It's a long season & we've got Atl & Balt coming. If we win those two & lose Balt & NO... I'd say we're still legit.

dinkatoid
09-09-2011, 12:02 PM
I think the Saints had a down year last year, and will be better this year. They will be missing a starting DE (I think smith got a 4 game ban for the STAR caps thing), but their D is still very good. I know a lot of people saw them get torched by GB last night in the first half, and we do have better receivers than the Saints (especially with Moore out and Colston a shell of his former self), but you also have to consider that they locked it down in the 2nd half to allow 1 td.

I think this game is definitely winnable, but with it being in NO it will be tough. I think both this game and the Stillers game (as they say in Pittsburgh) will come down to how well we can control the run. If we can shut down the running game, I think we walk away 3-1, and that one loss will be close.

HTown2ATX
09-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Losing to Pitt and/or the Saints does NOT equal FAIL. Getting blown out by them is a different story altogether. The Saints just took the defending SB champs to the last play of the game...on the ROAD. I'm pretty sure nobody takes the Steelers lightly either.

C'mon man, I hear what you are saying, but when are we going to take that next step and start drawing a line in the sand on what is and isn't acceptable.

Losing to both PITT and NO ordinarily would not be a FAIL. A team that HAS to make the playoffs for many, many, reasons, IS a FAIL IMO if both are lost.

Again, just IMO, and I'm not saying that losing both games would make me have a meltdown, rather, bring me back to earth on another Texans season.

That's all I'm saying.

:htown2atx:

gary
09-09-2011, 04:01 PM
The Texans just are not worth predicting anymore. We'll see.

ObsiWan
09-09-2011, 04:05 PM
2-2 is realistic.
3-1 is optimistic but doable
4-0 means you need to cut back on the koolaid

I voted 3-1
:cow:

TheMatrix31
09-09-2011, 04:55 PM
2-2 is fine after that. "Legitimacy" is not made after four games. It's a 16 game season.

If we lost to New Orleans and Pittsburgh but didn't look absolutely outclassed in doing so, I'd be "fine" with that.

That said, we need every single one of our players to be watching game footage from last night to see how to attack the Saints D.

Oh, and using the word "fail" like that is a "fail". FailURE. It'd be a fail-URE.

Big Lou
09-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Damn, 0 and 4, who's the hater?

Norg
09-09-2011, 06:54 PM
My homer says 4-0 : )

ATXtexanfan
09-09-2011, 08:35 PM
saints O could pose a problem 3-1, i think we get over on miami and pitt

HTown2ATX
09-09-2011, 11:04 PM
2-2 is fine after that. "legitimacy" is not made after four games. It's a 16 game season.

If we lost to new orleans and pittsburgh but didn't look absolutely outclassed in doing so, i'd be "fine" with that.

That said, we need every single one of our players to be watching game footage from last night to see how to attack the saints d.

Oh, and using the word "fail" like that is a "fail". Failure. It'd be a fail-ure.

^ - fail

;)

Vinnie
09-09-2011, 11:16 PM
I voted 0-4, screw you guys I'm going home.

Brandon420tx
09-10-2011, 01:27 AM
1-3 to counter act all the overly eager expectations we got going on here

gafftop
09-10-2011, 08:57 AM
I voted 2-2
next 1-3 then 3-1 then 0-4 and last 4-0

Sorry just not so sure about Colts. I can see the colts offense running and quick passing the Texans. We make a couple mistakes (Schaub auto no look throw for int TD, fumble) running game weak w/o Foster a fumble. I hope I am wrong.

thunderkyss
09-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Why is it such a problem to be overly optimistic?

We're fans, that's what we do.

HJam72
09-10-2011, 09:26 AM
I voted 2-2
next 1-3 then 3-1 then 0-4 and last 4-0

Sorry just not so sure about Colts. I can see the colts offense running and quick passing the Texans. We make a couple mistakes (Schaub auto no look throw for int TD, fumble) running game weak w/o Foster a fumble. I hope I am wrong.

Our running game is NOT weak without Foster. That's OK. You'll see tomorrow.

gafftop
09-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Why is it such a problem to be overly optimistic?

We're fans, that's what we do.

I know, I wish I could do that. Guess just too much of a realist when it comes to Texans. More optimistic when I have some control. I fish and golf so I have to be somewhat of an optimist especially when it comes to golf. Less optimistic when it comes to Kubiak/ Texans. Memory still very clear watching the rookie QB Sanchez beat the Texans on opening day. Mood was kind of like it is today. Hope the Texans can turn me back into "fan" again.

gafftop
09-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Our running game is NOT weak without Foster. That's OK. You'll see tomorrow.

I agree totally. Wrong choice of words. Should have said less strong. I think our running situation is by far the best it has ever been.

dream_team
09-10-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm hoping for 4-0 (obviously).

I'd bet (and voted) on 3-1. The Saints & Steelers are very beatable. I think we beat the Saints if we win the turnover battle. I think we beat the Steelers if we can protect Schaub.

I'm ok with 2-2, and wouldn't think it's some kind of epic fail. As long as those losses are to the Saints & Steelers, and as long as they were close/competitive games.

TheDrifter
09-25-2011, 03:39 PM

Just reminding everyone...

We aren't the defending super bowl champs playing at home.

This isn't an "I was right." Just, "the Saints are obviously playing very good football this season" and its been pretty obvious since the first game.