PDA

View Full Version : If we lose what will be your first thought?

badboy
09-08-2011, 10:27 PM
I don't believe in jinxes & I believe we will win and big but just not sure if we have shaken the old Texans. If we lose this first game, I will be 100% totally disgusted. I don't want to hear, "it's only one game" or "give them time" but am sure it will be posted more than once.

Kimmy
09-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Fire everybody! :overreact:

Big Lou
09-08-2011, 10:29 PM
i don't believe in jinxes & i believe we will win and big but just not sure if we have shaken the old texans. If we lose this first game, i will be 100% totally disgusted. I don't want to hear, "it's only one game" or "give them time" but am sure it will be posted more than once.

wtf!!!!!!

Rey
09-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Fu*k me sideways. . .

Trap_Star
09-08-2011, 10:33 PM
hahahaha ya blew it.

(im expecting kubiak fail season yet again.)

beerlover
09-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Stop thinking like that. Badboy!!!

Thorn
09-08-2011, 10:39 PM
hahahaha ya blew it.

(im expecting kubiak fail season yet again.)

Well, that wouldn't be a change for me. I started the season not liking Kubiak. I still hope that changes though. I really do. I'm tired of this same old shit.

But if we lose, I'm gonna be really hard to live with on this board.

Like that's news. LOL

TexanSam
09-08-2011, 10:40 PM
We're not going to lose.

BUT if we do..."NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN!"

And then I'd drink heavily.

TexansFanatic
09-08-2011, 10:42 PM
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/218/6/5/FUUUUUUUUU_The_World_by_FattyMcFatters.jpg

Trap_Star
09-08-2011, 10:43 PM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9863667.jpg

Mr teX
09-08-2011, 10:44 PM
my first thought? WE SUCK AGAIN!

Kimmy
09-08-2011, 10:44 PM
my first thought? WE SUCK STILL!

Fixed it lol

badboy
09-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Stop thinking like that. Badboy!!!Told you I do not believe in jinxes

Kaiser Toro
09-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Probably, how will this affect Norg?

Thorn
09-08-2011, 10:49 PM

there's not a lot of difference between "We Suck Again" and "We Suck Still". Most especially when it's more correct to say "We Still Suck".

GP
09-08-2011, 10:49 PM
My first thought?

"How much will it cost to replace the HDTV that now has a chair sticking out of it?"

Second thought:

"I should be smart enough to know that being a Texans fan means you swap out your real furniture for inflatable stuff."

Third thought:

"Why am I still a Texans fan?"

Fourth thought:

"McNair is cheap."

steelbtexan
09-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks for nothing BoBBy/Gary/Rick.

Khari
09-08-2011, 10:58 PM
i still have a 3 hour drive back......... <sad face>

whiskeyrbl
09-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Its not a sprint its a marathon. We have 15 more to go.

Kaiser Toro
09-08-2011, 11:00 PM
i still have a 3 hour drive back......... <sad face>

Sadly, this is true. Many long trips home the last nine years.

brakos82
09-08-2011, 11:01 PM
"Here we go again... :gun:"

Mr. Texan
09-08-2011, 11:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1hbLk.gif

badboy
09-08-2011, 11:06 PM
My first thought?

"How much will it cost to replace the HDTV that now has a chair sticking out of it?"Second thought:

"I should be smart enough to know that being a Texans fan means you swap out your real furniture for inflatable stuff."

Third thought:

"Why am I still a Texans fan?"

Fourth thought:

"McNair is cheap."Have to admit, this made me laugh. I remember watching the Oilers lose on game and I did a kick like a punter but surprised myself by landing on my back. Thank goodness the couch broke my fall somewhat.

badboy
09-08-2011, 11:08 PM
i still have a 3 hour drive back......... <sad face>See that would be terrible going over every single play on the way home while driving a killing machine.

brakos82
09-08-2011, 11:09 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/9/8/6f19993f-fddc-426d-8529-200c0b2a11a9.jpg

badboy
09-08-2011, 11:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1hbLk.gifDude how did you do that?

ObsiWan
09-08-2011, 11:11 PM
I don't believe in jinxes & I believe we will win and big but just not sure if we have shaken the old Texans. If we lose this first game, I will be 100% totally disgusted. I don't want to hear, "it's only one game" or "give them time" but am sure it will be posted more than once.

Depends on what caused the loss.
If Schaub goes down with a concussion in the 1st qtr and Leinart stinks it up I'll be more forgiving than if Schaub comes out flat again or throws a pick-six or two to put the Colts back in the game.

If they just flat beat us - at home - I'll be livid.

But I can't make a judgement on what hasn't been seen. It depends on why we lost.

Lucky
09-08-2011, 11:15 PM
If the Texans lose, what will be my first thought?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CAoFDpupTaY/SSDH-DREBrI/AAAAAAAABX0/BRpgWSny-cQ/s400/LUCY+FOOTBALL.jpg

You got me again, Lucy McNair.

ThaShark316
09-08-2011, 11:16 PM
2nd on "depends how we lost".

Playoffs
09-08-2011, 11:19 PM
We're not going to lose. :smiliepalm:

badboy
09-08-2011, 11:20 PM
We're not going to lose. :smiliepalm:so if we do, the blame is on you?

Norg
09-08-2011, 11:21 PM
If we lose i would feel

Sad
Dissapointed
I would feel like giving up

And i would pretty much know this will be another below .500 season

But we are not going to lose so lets stsr celebrating !!!!

ArlingtonTexan
09-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Probably sos (same ole ----)

Lucky
09-08-2011, 11:24 PM

If we lose i would feel
Dissapointed

But we are not going to lose so lets stsr celebrating !!!!
He'd probably begin to spell correctly. So in the name of all that's holey, the Texans must win.

Dread-Head
09-08-2011, 11:27 PM
the one below...was redundant...so I deleted this one. :-)

Dread-Head
09-08-2011, 11:31 PM
(ahem) MOTHER ƒCUK3R! Where the hell is the PINK SOAP!? SO LONG LARRY!

Mr. Texan
09-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Dude how did you do that?

i got it from another forum. i've had it saved on my pc for awhile.

houstonspartan
09-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Earlier, a buddy sent me a text saying: "If we lose Sunday, panic button?"

I honestly didn't have an answer for him. If we lose, I don't what I would think. Yes, I'd be furious, but in a "shaking my head" kind of way.

I believe in the "any given Sunday" part of football and all, but, I honestly can't think of one single reason why this team won't be in the playoffs this year. Everything is lining up for us. EVERYTHING.

Topher
09-09-2011, 12:07 AM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/topherchris1982/pdpdpdpdp.gif

Air Canada
09-09-2011, 12:10 AM
We better not... I picked us in the Survivor pick'em league this week...haha:headhurts: Yeah... put it out there

TheMatrix31
09-09-2011, 01:32 AM
I'll think about what caused us to lose. If Matt Schaub snaps his leg in half and we have to throw Leinart in and we lose, then I'm obviously not going to be as upset.

Wolf6151
09-09-2011, 02:57 AM
If we lose I think I'd be in shock for a while. Then I'd remember these are the Texans and it's the SOS, same old shit, again. I'd jump on the Fire Kubiak thread that would inevitably start. In anger I'd consider switching my allegience to another team and say screw this team but a few days and lots of beer later I'd calm down and root for the Texans again but still call for Kubiak's and Smith's head.

KA4Texan
09-09-2011, 05:08 AM
No matter what the cause my "first thought" will be GD SOB!!!!!!

If it were cause of Kubiak trying to get "cute" I would curse some more, read the "fire kubiak" thread, get a few painful laughs....

Look at my sig line and remind myself there is a reason I put it there

Eventually calm down and pray the "ship" rights it self since I have no faith in the "captain".

mugrakers
09-09-2011, 05:11 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/9/8/6f19993f-fddc-426d-8529-200c0b2a11a9.jpg

I just realized Schaub is taller than AJ... smh

SheTexan
09-09-2011, 06:04 AM
My first thought would be: STAY AWAY from TexansTalk for about a month!!:smiliepalm:

My second thought would be: Stay away from TT for the rest of the season! J/K guys!

Truthfully, I'll be p*ssed off, scared, my brain will shut down with hateful, VERY nasty thoughts! THEN.....Wed will get here and I'll be ready for our guys to take their anger out on the phens!! Life goes on, and tomorrow is a new day full of the same hopes and dreams!!

Texas T
09-09-2011, 07:10 AM
Depends on what caused the loss.
If Schaub goes down with a concussion in the 1st qtr and Leinart stinks it up I'll be more forgiving than if Schaub comes out flat again or throws a pick-six or two to put the Colts back in the game.

If they just flat beat us - at home - I'll be livid.

But I can't make a judgement on what hasn't been seen. It depends on why we lost.

^^^The only statement around here that makes sense to me!!

hobie
09-09-2011, 08:38 AM
I would think, here we go again... then after I got home and unpacked and cleaned up...I'd turn on the late games and watch those.. I leave any and all feelings at the stadium.. win or lose !

Vinnie
09-09-2011, 08:46 AM
If we lose this game my first thought will be thank God I'm going teal hunting Monday and won't have to listen to it from everyone at the office.

Then I'll break something and have my wife hide our tickets to prevent me from burning them.

badboy
09-09-2011, 09:00 AM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/topherchris1982/pdpdpdpdp.gifTopher it would probably help you work out inner frustration if you could learn to be more expressive. You know learn how to express yourself?
:photos:

Porky
09-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Me --> :shoot:

HTown2ATX
09-09-2011, 09:43 AM
I know it's only game 1....and there will still be time for adjustments with a new D.....but seriously....no effing excuses for losing to IND or MIA.

Should either of these games be losses, I won't want to see anyone fired yet, but it will just be the same old song and effing dance which will not surprise me.

rush2112mn
09-09-2011, 10:09 AM
I will wake up and see that we actually kicked the crap out of them.....:fans::wherewill:texan:

drunkcookie
09-09-2011, 10:14 AM
My first thought will be "DAMMIT, I told two of my friends that I'd ____ _____ _____ __ ___ ______ ____ ______ if the Texans lost to the Manningless Colts! NOOOOOO..."

Joe Texan
09-09-2011, 10:16 AM
if a frog had wings he would not bump his arse:vincepalm:

80tothezone
09-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Damn I got to go to work and hear about this shit from the cowboy's fans I work with for another damn week!!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

cuppacoffee
09-09-2011, 10:20 AM
He'd probably begin to spell correctly. So in the name of all that's holey, the Texans must win.

You did that on purpose, right?

:coffee:

chicagotexan2
09-09-2011, 10:54 AM
(only 5 seconds)

short, sweet and to the point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4jGSvxCRp4&feature=related

chicagotexan2
09-09-2011, 10:55 AM

The clapper? That's effing cool. Does it work with ex-skanks?

Marcus
09-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Told you I do not believe in jinxes

Well, I do. So knock the shit off.

V Man
09-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Where the hell is the PINK SOAP!? SO LONG LARRY!

Who makes the soap avatar again? (just in case)

BigBull17
09-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Bring on the Chin.

Ranger Tom
09-09-2011, 12:36 PM
"I wonder if any hardware stores will offer me a price break on torches and pitchforks if I buy them in bulk?"

ObsiWan
09-09-2011, 12:45 PM
"I wonder if any hardware stores will offer me a price break on torches and pitchforks if I buy them in bulk?"

Just use the ones everyone had stocked up from last year

...and the year before

...and the year before....
:tiphat:

Thorn
09-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Just use the ones everyone had stocked up from last year

...and the year before

...and the year before....
:tiphat:

The tar for the feathers might be dried up on the older ones.

Vinny
09-09-2011, 01:38 PM
But, it IS just one game. The league is so talented even an expansion team can come in and win it's first game. It won't bother me....mainly because of the relative strength and even talent across the league, but also because I've seen years of "often confused coach Kubiak" melting down at important moments when the game gets tight at the end - getting back to my first point that the league is too talented top to bottom to say any match-up is a given. Hell, look at the entire league schedule this week. Not many 'sure wins' out there. There is no Rice U at Texas in the NFL.

New Orleans at Green Bay
Pittsburgh at Baltimore
Detroit at Tampa Bay
Philadelphia at St. Louis
Buffalo at Kansas City
Tennessee at Jacksonville
Indianapolis at Houston
Cincinnati at Cleveland
Atlanta at Chicago
N.Y. Giants at Washington
Seattle at San Francisco
Minnesota at San Diego
Carolina at Arizona
Dallas at N.Y. Jets
Oakland at Denver

DexmanC
09-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Well, that wouldn't be a change for me. I started the season not liking Kubiak. I still hope that changes though. I really do. I'm tired of this same old shit.

I cosign this.

In 2006, Kubiak was armed with the talent level of a .22 pistol.

In 2011, The Texans put an Israeli-manufactured Desert Eagle in
Kubiak's hands.

In 5 seasons, has Kubiak yet learned how to shoot?

If we lose, I won't be surprised. Kubiak will be the only common denominator.
Time to deduct.

badboy
09-09-2011, 02:06 PM
But, it IS just one game. The league is so talented even an expansion team can come in and win it's first game. It won't bother me....mainly because of the relative strength and even talent across the league, but also because I've seen years of "often confused coach Kubiak" melting down at important moments when the game gets tight at the end - getting back to my first point that the league is too talented top to bottom to say any match-up is a given. Hell, look at the entire league schedule this week. Not many 'sure wins' out there. There is no Rice U at Texas in the NFL.

New Orleans at Green Bay
Pittsburgh at Baltimore
Detroit at Tampa Bay
Philadelphia at St. Louis
Buffalo at Kansas City
Tennessee at Jacksonville
Indianapolis at Houston
Cincinnati at Cleveland
Atlanta at Chicago
N.Y. Giants at Washington
Seattle at San Francisco
Minnesota at San Diego
Carolina at Arizona
Dallas at N.Y. Jets
Oakland at DenverVinny, it is much more than that. It is a psychological impetus (one way or the other). Plus a win keeps everyone chilling while the defense gets another week of practice with a W in the column. If a loss occurs, fans will go nuts, some players will have doubts and pressure builds on Ric and Gary. I doubt Mr. McNair is going to think, "No biggie, it is only one game."

Marcus
09-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Now you see why it's not going to be fun around here even if they do win. If they lose, it's all because of him, but if they win, it's in spite of him.

Wow. I'm so thrilled.

DexmanC
09-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Vinny, it is much more than that. It is a psychological impetus (one way or the other). Plus a win keeps everyone chilling while the defense gets another week of practice with a W in the column. If a loss occurs, fans will go nuts, some players will have doubts and pressure builds on Ric and Gary. I doubt Mr. McNair is going to think, "No biggie, it is only one game."

It's "one game," but we all know Kubiak should've been fired 2-3 SEASONS
ago! Everygame is a "must-win" for this regime.

Period. DOT

thunderkyss
09-09-2011, 02:26 PM

My first thought is going to be, "why the hell didn't anybody think about that 3 days ago."

TEXANRED
09-09-2011, 02:26 PM

TejasTom
09-09-2011, 02:55 PM
"Am I at Minute Maid?"

The Pencil Neck
09-09-2011, 03:00 PM
I will curse.

Quite a bit.

Then I will go to a party with a bunch of people I have nothing in common with and I'll be miserable the entire damned night and everyone will wonder "Who's that asshole and why is he here?"

houstonspartan
09-09-2011, 03:25 PM
I will curse.

Quite a bit.

Then I will go to a party with a bunch of people I have nothing in common with and I'll be miserable the entire damned night and everyone will wonder "Who's that asshole and why is he here?"

LMAO!!!

Too funny.

I have already put my co-workers on notice about Monday morning. They know how I am when we lose.

HTown2ATX
09-09-2011, 03:25 PM
"Am I at Minute Maid?"

LMAO......nice.

Actually at least with the 'Stros you know what to expect. With the Texans we all fool ourselves at the beginning of every year so that trip back to Earth blows. :vincepalm:

Joeycharp89
09-09-2011, 03:38 PM
I'll probably just move to a different city. :/

Vinny
09-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Vinny, it is much more than that. It is a psychological impetus (one way or the other). Plus a win keeps everyone chilling while the defense gets another week of practice with a W in the column. If a loss occurs, fans will go nuts, some players will have doubts and pressure builds on Ric and Gary. I doubt Mr. McNair is going to think, "No biggie, it is only one game."
The only time one game defines you is in the playoffs. We are going to draw conclusions from this game win or lose, but losing the first one out of the shoot won't cripple them psychologically. Could just piss them off enough to come out swinging more often.

Joeycharp89
09-09-2011, 03:47 PM
The only time one game defines you is in the playoffs. We are going to draw conclusions from this game win or lose, but losing the first one out of the shoot won't cripple them psychologically. Could just piss them off enough to come out swinging more often.

That'd be the best case scenario of they lose. But I don't think we'll hear the end of Texans' lack of killer instinct until we take the division. Until then people are going to look to the past and see a team that seems to falter mid-season. I do hope they get angry though.

Double Barrel
09-09-2011, 03:47 PM

Here you go: PhotoFunia (http://photofunia.com/)

You can do it with any picture. The burning one is on there, as well.

Vinny
09-09-2011, 03:50 PM
That'd be the best case scenario of they lose. But I don't think we'll hear the end of Texans' lack of killer instinct until we take the division. Until then people are going to look to the past and see a team that seems to falter mid-season. I do hope they get angry though.

the fans will be nutso, but the players will just work keep working hard. I don't think all this 'stuff' messes with them much. Wade would be a game closer to being our HC if the lack of a killer instinct thing persists into this season I'd agree.

Double Barrel
09-09-2011, 03:57 PM
If we lose what will be your first thought?

My first thought will be "what's for dinner?"

Seriously, it's about that time that we have to start planning what to eat for the kids. 5:00 comes around quick.

I know the Colts are a lesser team without Manning. But, they are still a pro football team.

And let's face it: it's the Texans. Their toughest opponent is often the Houston Texans.

So I do not expect to win or lose. The only expectation that I have is to be entertained.

After all, it is only a diversion at the end of the day. They win or lose - WE WATCH. :howdy:

Anyway, it is a long season. 4-2 last year reminded me of that valuable lesson. 2-8 was a long fall from that point.

ObsiWan
09-09-2011, 04:01 PM

Seriously, it's about that time that we have to start planning what to eat for the kids. 5:00 comes around quick.

I know the Colts are a lesser team without Manning. But, they are still a pro football team.

And let's face it: it's the Texans. Their toughest opponent is often the Houston Texans.

So I do not expect to win or lose. The only expectation that I have is to be entertained.

After all, it is only a diversion at the end of the day. They win or lose - WE WATCH. :howdy:

Anyway, it is a long season. 4-2 last year reminded me of that valuable lesson. 2-8 was a long fall from that point.

That's a very, very sensible, logical, and mature response to the question.
What the hell are you doing in a football fan message board?? Who let you in here?
:D

Dutchrudder
09-09-2011, 04:04 PM
This thread is dumb. GET SOME CONFIDENCE PEOPLE!!!

Vinny
09-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Here you go: PhotoFunia (http://photofunia.com/)

You can do it with any picture. The burning one is on there, as well.
pretty cool
http://photofunia.com/output/3/2/B/A/-/BA-TNR1Nj60fcv6OzerZmQ.jpg

badboy
09-09-2011, 04:55 PM
This thread is dumb. GET SOME CONFIDENCE PEOPLE!!!No you're dumb and so is your dog. My daddy can beat your daddy and my daddy is 83. Your so dumb ...I cannot think of how to finish this sentence. Go start your own thread so I can call your thread dumb. I double dog dare you!

brakos82
09-09-2011, 05:18 PM

My first thought will be "What's for lunch?" West coast time is nice.... prime time games are over at 8:30. :kitten:

Kimmy
09-09-2011, 07:59 PM
No you're dumb and so is your dog. My daddy can beat your daddy and my daddy is 83. Your so dumb ...I cannot think of how to finish this sentence. Go start your own thread so I can call your thread dumb. I double dog dare you!

Your bait sucks & your boat is ugly! LOL (Saw this fishing in Cozumel) Just had to add!

mugrakers
09-09-2011, 08:12 PM
I will go on the Colts Forum and say sorry.

Texan_Bill
09-09-2011, 08:17 PM
If we lose what will be your first thought?

Really??? I would completely punch myself (extra hard) in my own 'junk'!!!!!

EllisUnit
09-09-2011, 08:24 PM
If we lose. I will go to work, quit my job divorce my wife, and go beg for money on the side of the road. That way i could never afford to see another texans game and get my heart broken :) thats my plan !

Hervoyel
09-09-2011, 08:25 PM
My first thought in the event of a loss will most likely be "Should have seen that coming".

I understand that Wade Phillips is a defensive "guru" and that the defense will be better. I know that was a necessary step. What I have been worried about from the moment we stumbled out of the 2010 season is that this team has always been soft and "fragile". There's no mental toughness in this bunch. They've never been able to put anything together when the pressure is on and that's on Gary Kubiak. They carry his personality with them in everything they do. Hiring a better defensive coordinator will help but Wade Phillips isn't going to change the way this team folds up like a cheap suit when faced with a tough opponent.

But I'm desperate to see them improve so please, let me be all wrong. Let the Texans stride into 2011 with some swagger and ready to knock some dicks in the dirt. Let Gary coach offense, let Wade coach defense, and let someone either on the team or in the coaching staff figure out how to make this bunch move like they got a pair.

Please let that happen just once before I die.

Texan_Bill
09-09-2011, 08:28 PM
My first thought in the event of a loss will most likely be "Should have seen that coming".

I'm reminded of a literary quote that goes something like this:

"Sad but True....."

Signed,

Metallica

Ryan
09-09-2011, 08:41 PM
I see Colts fans who basically know that their team is gonna really struggle without Peyton on their forums really rallying around trying to pull themselves together and think positively that they can get it done with a 38 yr old Kerry Collins, and yet here we are with a real chance at doing something in this division for the first time and we're being complete negative nancies. :vincepalm:

I'll let you know what my first thought was if we do happen to lose, but if that doesn't come then all i have to say is go Texans!:cow:

I do get the reason why most of us are a little negative, but still gotta try to think positively! :logo:

Vinny
09-09-2011, 08:41 PM
I used to say the same thing a few years ago. When we started this thing I was in my late 30's and now I'm closing in on 50 with no playoff appearances in a league that sends nearly half the league to the playoffs each year. I was kinda joking at first, but it's not so funny anymore.

badboy
09-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Your bait sucks & your boat is ugly! LOL (Saw this fishing in Cozumel) Just had to add!Listen, you can talk about my pink carnation and walk on my blue suede shoes and make fun of my momma and my dog, but you go over the line when you talk about my boat. 1BADBOY was my hobby and filled my need for speed.
Did anyone tell you your name rhymes with shimmy? Shimmy, Shimmy cocoa puffs. There, I told you.

badboy
09-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Really??? I would completely punch myself (extra hard) in my own 'junk'!!!!!Are you CRAZY!?! Dude it is only a game.

The Pencil Neck
09-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Are you CRAZY!?! Dude it is only a game.

It might be "only a game" but I would totally hit Texan Bill really hard in his own junk.

Seriously.

I'd be that ticked off.

DexmanC
09-09-2011, 09:00 PM
....time to update my sig

TexansFight
09-09-2011, 09:11 PM
I have been rejuvenated and gotten a huge boost of excitement this past offseason. The loss to the Titans on MNF in 2009 put me in a deep funk. I was angry with the Texans for their lack of aggressiveness during the 2010 offseason. I thought they'd go 7-9 and unfortunately the Texans proved me right.

I wanted Kubiak gone without question after the season. I was dejected when he wasn't fired. The lockout was good in a way in that it allowed my mind to reset and start fresh.

I absolutely loved the draft which started the juices flowing. Signing Josepth and Manning were the types of moves that I have been begging for for over 10 years. I gained a tremendous amount of respect for Wade and the positive influence he has had. I absolutely loved what I saw from the D during the preseason. Never have seen that type of pass rush from any Texans team.

Houston's loyal and long suffering football fans have not had a playoff team since 1993-1994. That's half my life. We are way past due as fans. This team needs to give us some joy and I want the playoffs so badly. If they lose Sunday they will deflate this city like they have done their entire existence. Fi want the Texans to get this town fired up and excited about them. Those of us old enough to remember Oilers playoff teams remember how fun it is.

Thorn
09-09-2011, 09:20 PM
....time to update my sig

If there was ever a reason this damn team needs to do something this year is so Dexman will get a new sig. :lol:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-09-2011, 09:43 PM
5-7

House of Pain
09-10-2011, 04:23 AM

I understand that Wade Phillips is a defensive "guru" and that the defense will be better. I know that was a necessary step. What I have been worried about from the moment we stumbled out of the 2010 season is that this team has always been soft and "fragile". There's no mental toughness in this bunch. They've never been able to put anything together when the pressure is on and that's on Gary Kubiak. They carry his personality with them in everything they do. Hiring a better defensive coordinator will help but Wade Phillips isn't going to change the way this team folds up like a cheap suit when faced with a tough opponent.

But I'm desperate to see them improve so please, let me be all wrong. Let the Texans stride into 2011 with some swagger and ready to knock some dicks in the dirt. Let Gary coach offense, let Wade coach defense, and let someone either on the team or in the coaching staff figure out how to make this bunch move like they got a pair.

Do you think Kubiak and his team felt like that due to knowing their defense sucks because they practice against them?

:kitten:

Grams
09-10-2011, 04:38 AM
First thought - SOS

My expectations are at zero. I am now from Missouri - Show Me what you can do first.

I got overly excited last year. Then came game 3 against the Cowgirls. The effort I saw from the Texans was horrible. Besides someone stole my large Texans magnet off the tailate of my truck and the Texans sign on my front lawn that weekend.

If this team does not take the division this year - everyone needs to be pink soaped and Cowher needs to be HC.

TheMatrix31
09-10-2011, 04:55 AM
I guess all those times that we (unfortunately were in the position to have to) came back in games and showed insane resiliency shows how mentally fragile we are, huh?

Sucks that we were unprepared enough and crappy enough to have those deficits in the first place, but I'd say making so many games "games" again, leaving the result to literally a handful of plays shows quite a bit of mental toughness.

Could have just as easily lost 45-3 every game.

brad77
09-10-2011, 06:44 AM

my first thought will be "SOMEBODY'S GONNA GET FIRED"

ObsiWan
09-10-2011, 06:52 AM
Thanks for nothing BoBBy/Gary/Rick.

where's Wade's name??
If we lose that means we got outscored.
if we got outscored, that most likely means the defense failed.
If the defense failed, then that's on Wade.
So where's Wade's name???
:cool:

TejasTom
09-10-2011, 07:07 AM
It's Groundhog's day... again.

Marcus
09-10-2011, 01:14 PM
where's Wade's name??

Because Wade's last name doesn't start with a K.

(And thanks for the rep. Ridiculous, ain't it?)

Lucky
09-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Do you think Kubiak and his team felt like that due to knowing their defense sucks because they practice against them?

That's always been one of my biggest complaints regarding Kubiak. He saw the defense everyday in practice. He saw the gameplan. How could he not know that it wasn't going to work? How could he not know? And yet, Kubiak did nothing but stare blankly into his Denny's menu, week after week.

where's Wade's name??
Wade is here to clean up the mess that Bob, Gary, and Rick made. He's basically The Wolf. If he can't accomplish that in the first week of the season (I think he can), that doesn't relief Bob, Gary, and Rick from responsibility. It's still their mess, 6 years running.

gary
09-10-2011, 09:17 PM
I have always rooted for Gary to do well so we'll see.

House of Pain
09-11-2011, 02:47 AM
That's always been one of my biggest complaints regarding Kubiak. He saw the defense everyday in practice. He saw the gameplan. How could he not know that it wasn't going to work? How could he not know? And yet, Kubiak did nothing but stare blankly into his Denny's menu, week after week.

The only way I can justify is to say that maybe Gary truly thought that he is an offensive mastermind, and he does this to every defense. And that he is so good at offense, his defense can suffer, have holes, and functionally be a placeholder for the 'real' team, AKA The Offense.

Wade is here to clean up the mess that Bob, Gary, and Rick made. He's basically The Wolf. If he can't accomplish that in the first week of the season (I think he can), that doesn't relief Bob, Gary, and Rick from responsibility. It's still their mess, 6 years running.

Agreed. At the end of the day, if an organization is not succeeding it is the fault of the leader. It's all Bob's fault, but I think he genuinely wants to win. Had he known the formula to win (which seems very basic to some people on this board), then he would have implemented it from day one. I think he's had it with Kubiak and if the kids don't play well -- will shit can him faster than the amount of time it takes John McClain to look at Anna Megan's cleavage when she's not paying attention.

For the sake of Kubiak being from Houston, I want Kubes to succeed. As a Houstonian, I do my very best to TRY to never root against them. I, along with every other person who reads this board, has witnessed several times Kubiak making a glaring error in a crucial moment in the game. The only difference between his supporters and his detractors, is that the former believes these were 'growing pains' by a first time head coach and that he has grown out of them. The later, believes that these problems are symptomatic of being a loser. People can't fix or get the stink of it off them, and he's got Ian Howfield written all over that stoic face of his.

Thorn
09-11-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote of the day. So far at least seeing as how it's a game day.

+ rep :)

kingh99
09-11-2011, 09:28 AM
http://blog.chron.com/texanschick/files/2011/09/Wade-Phillips-As-The-Wolf-e1315675167740.png
Taken from TexansChick.

burro
09-11-2011, 10:34 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XsubXgtmEcM/TTGUQK8XIMI/AAAAAAAABlg/epyxqGYYj8A/s400/not-again.jpg

Lucky
09-11-2011, 05:57 PM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/nqcowboy/CharlieBrown.jpg

This might be your year, Charlie Brown.