PDA

View Full Version : Schaub is now in even more danger

rush2112mn
09-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Manning is out....that is a given.....
But we still have a game to play. Colts are doing that "Next Man Up" now with Collins. They are going to rally around him.
They will do anything to try and knock Schuab out of the game. Hell, I bet they go back and look at the Viking game a couple of years ago and see how Jared Allen knocked Schaub out the game. You know they are going to try anything to get him out of the game.
If I am on the Texan Offensive Line....better be ready for blitzes and more blitzes......Colts are going to try even more now do it and get to Schaub because they have NOTHING TO LOSE. They are going to put it all out there.

Maybe I am crazy on saying this...but the only way they even have a chance is to get our starting qb out of the game. Freeney and Mathis are going to be going crazy trying to get him knocked out.

That being said...I am sure our offensive line knows this and will be prepared....

Seņor Stan
09-08-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm just relieved that this wasn't an injury report for one of our O linemen. [/HeartPalpitations]

Texas T
09-08-2011, 08:51 AM
So it'll be no different than any other game...I don't think that will be our downfall (if there is one).

I'm a little (very little) more concerned about their offense rallying around Collins and making our D look stupid. Again, I'm not really concerned about it and I think we'll be okay but, this is more of a concern.

As long as the team doesn't go in expecting to win, without a fight, it will be another opening day win!

Hardcore Texan
09-08-2011, 08:51 AM
But we still have a game to play. Colts are doing that "Next Man Up" now with Collins. They are going to rally around him.
They will do anything to try and knock Schuab out of the game. Hell, I bet they go back and look at the Viking game a couple of years ago and see how Jared Allen knocked Schaub out the game. You know they are going to try anything to get him out of the game.
If I am on the Texan Offensive Line....better be ready for blitzes and more blitzes......Colts are going to try even more now do it and get to Schaub because they have NOTHING TO LOSE. They are going to put it all out there.

Maybe I am crazy on saying this...but the only way they even have a chance is to get our starting qb out of the game. Freeney and Mathis are going to be going crazy trying to get him knocked out.

That being said...I am sure our offensive line knows this and will be prepared....

Sounds about right :truck:

CloakNNNdagger
09-08-2011, 08:52 AM

What the Colts would want to do, and what they are capable of doing, are worlds apart.......especially, since now, they will have THEIR D on the field most of the game........becoming more and more worn down and tattered as the game goes on.

rush2112mn
09-08-2011, 08:56 AM
I know the NFL passed that rule after the Jared Allen hit on Schaub a couple of years ago about hitting below the knees...but in the heat of battle players will do anything to get a advantage and worry about the consequences later....I think they would be desperate enough to do ......

drewmar74
09-08-2011, 08:58 AM
:firehair:

disaacks3
09-08-2011, 09:07 AM
What the Colts would want to do, and what they are capable of doing, are worlds apart.......especially, since now, they will have THEIR D on the field most of the game........becoming more and more worn down and tattered as the game goes on.

Remember how exhausted the Ravens looked in the 4th quarter last year? AS long as the Texans can run the ball, I'm not overly concerned about a pass rush.

Thorn
09-08-2011, 09:08 AM
They take out our QB, we'll take out theirs. They take out Hot Tub Boy, we'll take out who ever is their frigging 2nd stringer. Eventually both benches will clear and after the big fight in the middle of the field, two officials will be seriously hurt. The Colts and the Texans are put on probation and have no playoffs this season.

McNair, in a fit of rage that has been building for years, fires everyone on his staff including all the coaches and trades away the entire team for draft choices in the 2012 draft. We end up with the number one pick in the draft, and the new coach takes QB Hiram Carr (David Carr's little brother). McNair drops dead of a heart attack on the spot. McNair's son then turns around and sell the Texans to the LA Sports Authority for billions, and we are right back where we started when the Oilers left town.

So.....time for coffee now. :bubbles:

rush2112mn
09-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Remember how exhausted the Ravens looked in the 4th quarter last year? AS long as the Texans can run the ball, I'm not overly concerned about a pass rush.

Thats true...but I would not be surprised if they tried to hit on a run play as well....They want him out of the game.....they will not care how...just try and knock him out...plain and simple.....

I would not be surprised if the Colts got late hit penalties/ personal foul either.....

That being said....I think our offensive line has really gelled well and is now one of our strengths.....where in the past it was one of our weaknesses. Those guys are all on the same page and that is one of the areas on our team that we can all count on.

FirstTexansFan
09-08-2011, 09:56 AM
They take out our QB, we'll take out theirs. They take out Hot Tub Boy, we'll take out who ever is their frigging 2nd stringer. Eventually both benches will clear and after the big fight in the middle of the field, two officials will be seriously hurt. The Colts and the Texans are put on probation and have no playoffs this season.

McNair, in a fit of rage that has been building for years, fires everyone on his staff including all the coaches and trades away the entire team for draft choices in the 2012 draft. We end up with the number one pick in the draft, and the new coach takes QB Hiram Carr (David Carr's little brother). McNair drops dead of a heart attack on the spot. McNair's son then turns around and sell the Texans to the LA Sports Authority for billions, and we are right back where we started when the Oilers left town.

Not to mention the Mayan Calendar comes into play... we're doomed! :)

Big Lou
09-08-2011, 09:58 AM
So it'll be no different than any other game...I don't think that will be our downfall (if there is one).

I'm a little (very little) more concerned about their offense rallying around Collins and making our D look stupid. Again, I'm not really concerned about it and I think we'll be okay but, this is more of a concern.

As long as the team doesn't go in expecting to win, without a fight, it will be another opening day win!

This^

brakos82
09-08-2011, 10:35 AM

I'll trade you in for a draft pick. LOL

Blake
09-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Haha! This thread is hilarious.

Fires across Texas! - Schaub is now in even more danger!

9/11 Anniversary! - Schaub is now in even more danger!

Giant Tortoise escapes from zoo! - Schaub is now in even more danger!

I think we can keep this going. Any photoshop peeps care to add?

Blake
09-08-2011, 10:42 AM
http://sportmusiclife.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/matt-schaub.jpg

http://www.globusjourneys.com/Common/Images/Destinations/galapago_giant-tortoise.jpg

LOOK OUT MATT!

brakos82
09-08-2011, 10:45 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/9/8/073571ea-b7f7-413c-9a78-15354abd0099.jpg

HJam72
09-08-2011, 10:48 AM

Bam!

Shove that up your Freenie!

Rey
09-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Maybe since Peyton isn't playing we should sit out schaub.

HJam72
09-08-2011, 11:07 AM

I wouldn't go that far. :kitten:

Allstar
09-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Maybe since Peyton isn't playing we should sit our starters.

ChampionTexan
09-08-2011, 11:21 AM

Maybe since Peyton isn't playing we should sit our starters.

Perhaps given the great risk this game poses to our team's health, and the hopeless situation our opponent is in, we should just be declared winner by forfeit, and start preparing for the Dolphins.

BigBull17
09-08-2011, 11:22 AM

I am more concerned that Kubiak will "outsmart" everyone and throw the ball 40 times in a row to start the game.

Hervoyel
09-08-2011, 11:57 AM

Anyone else think of this?

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/WhatAreYouWillingToDo.jpg

"You wanna know how to get the Colts Mr. Kubiak? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. They send one of yours to the hospital, you send one of theirs to injured reserve for the season. That's the AFC South way! And that's how you get the Colts."

2slik4u
09-08-2011, 11:57 AM

I hope they go with this mindset. If they do, they will be smoked like a pack of Kool's on the screens. Also, once our RB gets past the first line of defense (pun intended?) its to the house, my friend.

Not scared of the Colts blitzing at all. I welcome it.

TimeKiller
09-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Well it's a good thing the OP isn't an OC.

C'mon folks, help him out here, how do you stop a defense from getting blitz happy?!?

SCREEN PASSES

K?

Hervoyel
09-08-2011, 12:28 PM
And of course Manning will have something to say about this.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/deniro_enthusiasms.jpg

"I want you to get this guy where he breathes! I want you to find this nancy-boy Matt Schaub, I want him DEAD! I want all his receivers DEAD! I want his offensive line burned to the GROUND! I wanna walk out there at halftime in front of all those Texans fans and I wanna PISS ON HIS ASHES!

Thorn
09-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Mr. Forehead is mean. Someone should tell the Houston SVU about that before something bad happens. :bat:

rush2112mn
09-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Anyone else think of this?

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/WhatAreYouWillingToDo.jpg

"You wanna know how to get the Colts Mr. Kubiak? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. They send one of yours to the hospital, you send one of theirs to injured reserve for the season. That's the AFC South way! And that's how you get the Colts."

exactly......great quote.....:goodpost:

rush2112mn
09-08-2011, 01:24 PM
When I started this thread I was thinking in terms of how valuable a starting qb is to a team.....with this being said......the Colts would be so desperate to try and take Schaub out they would be as dirty as they could to take him out and try anything....
They are like a wounded animal who is desperate and will do anything to win and would not doubt it if they tried something like jared allen did a few years ago.....

I also believe our offensive line and coaches know this and are prepared for it as well.

I hate the Colts....always have always will....especially when they laid down to the Jets.....lame..

THIS IS OUR TIME.......

DocBar
09-08-2011, 05:01 PM
I don't think the Colts will intentionally try to hurt Schaub. Slobberknocker his azz into next week maybe, but not try to intentionally hurt him. Players have their own unwritten rules on this
Having said that, I would not mind one bit seeing the game so out of hand, in our favor of course, that this looks like preseason game #5 and our 2nd string finishes out the last 2.5 quarters. :doot: