PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers calls Mark Sanchez in GQ “embarrassing”

Blake
09-07-2011, 10:55 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/07/aaron-rodgers-calls-mark-sanchez-in-gq-embarrassing/

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/mark-sanchez-021.jpg?w=168

When Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez appeared on the cover of GQ magazine, posed for a fashion spread inside and gave an interview in which he was referred to as “the rock-starriest New York quarterback in decades,” we knew he’d take some grief.

As it turns out, Sanchez isn’t just taking grief in the Jets’ locker room. He’s also hearing it from other NFL quarterbacks who say they wouldn’t dare become offseason fashion models.

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers was shown a copy of the Sanchez GQ during an interview with ESPN Milwaukee, and he didn’t try to conceal his contempt.

“Look at this,” Rodgers said. “That’s embarrassing. Page 94 of the GQ thing here. That’s terrible.”

Page 94 of GQ features the photo you see here, with Sanchez posing in white pants and a black tank top. Rodgers doesn’t think that’s a good look. He’s right.

In any event, Rodgers says he has no interest in posing for magazine covers or otherwise seeking publicity.

“It’s just not really my style,” Rodgers said. “I like my anonymity, I like my privacy. I like being able to be the quarterback during the week and, in the offseason, just be able to do what I want to do and not have to be in the public eye.”

That approach has worked pretty well for Rodgers.

Classic response.

Does Sanchez model men’s clothing too?

Double Barrel
09-07-2011, 11:05 AM
lol! Sanchez is way too over-exposed, most likely a by-product of playing QB for a New York team. I'm not a fan of the Jets and would just as soon see them miss the playoffs so we don't have to hear the hype once again.

And Sanchez can't say jack about Aaron Rodgers. Superbowl ring > GQ spread

Ole Miss Texan
09-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Aaron Rodgers has become one of my favorite non-texan football players. He just seems like a cool dude that you'd like to drink some beer with.

Anybody remember all the team captain pictures he's photobombed? That's great! :ahhaha:

http://jockpost.com/aaron-rodgers-photobomb-collection/

El Tejano
09-07-2011, 12:06 PM
And my wife thinks he's soooo hot! Puto!

Playoffs
09-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Aaron Rodgers has become one of my favorite non-texan football players. He just seems like a cool dude that you'd like to drink some beer with.
I kinda get the feeling that Sanchez is one of those dudes more likely to be BBQ'ng sausages with Vince Young? :hobie:

Ckw
09-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Aaron Rodgers is easily my favorite non-Texan in the NFL. I trade for him in my Madden franchise every year. The guy is just cool. Sanchez... well.... not that there's anything wrong with that...

Rey
09-07-2011, 12:57 PM
THat's a pretty bad looking picture...

Rey
09-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Aaron Rodgers is easily my favorite non-Texan in the NFL. I trade for him in my Madden franchise every year. The guy is just cool. Sanchez... well.... not that there's anything wrong with that...

Same thing....

I think he is the best QB in the NFL right now. He has above average mobility and he can throw with the best of them...Easily the best QB to start a franchise with...

Ckw
09-07-2011, 01:07 PM
THat's a pretty bad looking picture...

The guy just needs to go back to eating wieners and playing footsie in the Jets locker room.

chicagotexan2
09-07-2011, 01:13 PM
lol! Sanchez is way too over-exposed, most likely a by-product of playing QB for a New York team. I'm not a fan of the Jets and would just as soon see them miss the playoffs so we don't have to hear the hype once again.

And Sanchez can't say jack about Aaron Rodgers. Superbowl ring > GQ spread

Yeah. I also think he's a bit over rated which is also a byproduct of being a QB in NYC. But it is a fashion mag and he duz hav a purty mouf.

Playoffs
09-07-2011, 01:19 PM
... he duz hav a purty mouf.

He do.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d114/Tonytinocker/Hillbilly.jpg

Weeeeee, Weeeeeeeeee

GP
09-08-2011, 10:24 AM
It's like David Carr and pop singer Marc Antony had a kid together.

mussop
09-09-2011, 09:11 AM
It's like David Carr and pop singer Marc Antony had a kid together.

Now that's funny I don't care who you are. I'm not defending Sanchez but Rodgers seems a little to care free on his public judgement of other players. Seems like he may have a little holier than thou attitude.

BigBull17
09-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Yeah. I also think he's a bit over rated which is also a byproduct of being a QB in NYC. But it is a fashion mag and he duz hav a purty mouf.

And the Titanic hit a pebble... Sanchise is greatly overrated. Everytime I see him in games, I wonder how he is a starter. Except when he plays us...