PDA

View Full Version : Nading is back !

honored82
09-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Nading gets the last spot. PS is now full.

Here’s a listing of the full practice squad:

ILB Mister Alexander
C Howard Barbieri
G Andrew Gardner
WR Trindon Holliday
SS Shiloh Keo
WR Jeff Maehl
OLB Jesse Nading
RB Chris Ogbonnaya

Rey
09-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Looks like we called it Hou-Tex....

I feel good about that move...Glad he back on the squad and it's probably strange that this has made my day...

honored82
09-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Just one sack and one forced fumble in the preseason, and he has been on and off the PS for the last 3 seasons. This should be his breakout year..

prostock101
09-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Still haven't figgered out why they are continuing the Holliday experiment. Someone please 'splain dat one for me.

Ok with Nading back but after 3 seasons I think it speaks to what they think Braman brings to the table.

EllisUnit
09-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Still haven't figgered out why they are continuing the Holliday experiment. Someone please 'splain dat one for me.

Ok with Nading back but after 3 seasons I think it speaks to what they think Braman brings to the table.

I was impressed in one game, and that against 2nd and 3rd string, so other than that i dont see what they see. ALTHOUGH i do think he has some raw potential !

cj5776
09-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Really do not understand how this guy is still eligible for the PS

2010- played 5 games, then placed injured reserve

2009- on practice squad for 8 weeks, then placed on active roster and plays one game

2008- on practie squad for 11 weeks, then placed on active roster and plays 6 games

Rey
09-06-2011, 07:36 PM

I thought Trindon looked better this year in his limited action...He didn't look nearly as nervous....

Plus they probably want to use his speed to mimick some guys on our schedule this year like Reggie Bush, Mike Wallace, Chris Johnson...

Rey
09-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Really do not understand how this guy is still eligible for the PS

2010- played 5 games, then placed injured reserve

2009- on practice squad for 8 weeks, then placed on active roster and plays one game

2008- on practie squad for 11 weeks, then placed on active roster and plays 6 games

He doesn't have one accured season. He's only played 12 games. His first year he was only active for 5 games then placed on injured reserve with no time spent on the PS.

cj5776
09-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the explanation, so if his games played added up to 16 or more he would not be practice squad eligible, correct?

CloakNNNdagger
09-06-2011, 08:08 PM

A player like Holliday has the potential for single-handedly take it to the house. I think that the Texans see this as a great potential........if he has several mediocre plays and just one that takes it all the way or close, then he will have proven his worth multifold.

honored82
09-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Yes. Holliday got the speed, i have seen his highlights from college and he can take it to the house. I don't think we returned any last season for a touchdown, may be one. and Jacoby has only 1 or 2 in his last 3 years. We need some help in this area...

prostock101
09-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Well, bless his tiny little heart but he must really show some awesomeness on the practice field to earn this extended tryout. We shall see........:evil:

Jackie Chiles
09-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Gary was talking about how difficult it will be to simulate 4-3 teams during practice during his radio show the other day. Said he would like to fill the final PS spot with a defensive lineman or linebacker that can maybe simulate some TE as well. Nading immediately popped into my head so they must have just been waiting for him to clear. He also has a bit of ability in our scheme so its a win-win. Glad Braman is on the 53 man though, much more upside.

redwhiteANDblue
09-06-2011, 09:03 PM
I thought the title said nnamdi is back! :smiliepalm:

Rey
09-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the explanation, so if his games played added up to 16 or more he would not be practice squad eligible, correct?

Pretty much. There are other stipulations but I think that about sums it up. I won't pretend to be a rosteroligist though.

Hervoyel
09-06-2011, 10:04 PM
I thought Trindon looked better this year in his limited action...He didn't look nearly as nervous....

Plus they probably want to use his speed to mimick some guys on our schedule this year like Reggie Bush, Mike Wallace, Chris Johnson...

I think they're thinking "slightly smaller, infinitely faster David Anderson".

I don't get it but I think that's what they have in mind.

TimeKiller
09-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Hmmmm.

IDEXAN
09-07-2011, 07:34 AM
I'm not quite clear what the "practice squad" is ?
OK, so here's a dumb question: I thought a unit (be it offensive or defensive)
was composed of 11 players, so for example I thought the PS would be like 11 offensive guys who would scrimmage the starting defense to prepare them for the upcoming weeks opponenet. Obviously this isn't the case here, because there's not only < than 11 players but both defensive & offensive players.
So what exactly is the PS and what's its function ?

TejasTom
09-07-2011, 07:41 AM
He doesn't have one accured season. He's only played 12 games. His first year he was only active for 5 games then placed on injured reserve with no time spent on the PS.

An accrued year of NFL experience is six or more games on a club's 53-man active roster or official Injured Reserve list during one season.

If the player was on the active list for fewer than 9 games during their "only Accrued Season(s)", he maintains his eligibility for the practice squad.

A player cannot participate on the practice squad for more than three seasons.

beerlover
09-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Guess Texans worried more about another team picking Braman off the PS over Nading. As usual upside in a prospect prevails over accumulation of hard work & average talent.

mussop
09-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Guess Texans worried more about another team picking Braman off the PS over Nading. As usual upside in a prospect prevails over accumulation of hard work & average talent.

That's the key. Average talent. The guy has had more than his fair share to prove himself and the only thing he has proved is that he is an average at best talent. His time and chances are nearly up. Braman on the other hand has possible upside and is being given a chance to show it. Just the natural progression of player development.

Vinnie
09-07-2011, 11:17 AM

I don't get it either if that is the case. DA has been a WR his entire football career, Trindon has been an experiment at that position. Also DA has about 5 inches and 30 lbs on Trindon, not that DA is a beast or anything. TH is just that much of a midge.

CloakNNNdagger
09-07-2011, 11:37 AM
I don't get it either if that is the case. DA has been a WR his entire football career, Trindon has been an experiment at that position. Also DA has about 5 inches and 30 lbs on Trindon, not that DA is a beast or anything. TH is just that much of a midge.

Just like a small RB amongst larger taller players, it is easy for him to be lost from line of sight of the D, then miraculously pop out of a hole.

silvrhand
09-07-2011, 12:01 PM

More like a Sproles/Reggie Bush alternative if he can get it together.

alphajoker
09-07-2011, 12:14 PM

IMO, Braman was kept over Nading because of his special team abilities. It seemed like he was more involved in tackles than Nading was.

The Pencil Neck
09-07-2011, 05:47 PM
I'm not quite clear what the "practice squad" is ?
OK, so here's a dumb question: I thought a unit (be it offensive or defensive)
was composed of 11 players, so for example I thought the PS would be like 11 offensive guys who would scrimmage the starting defense to prepare them for the upcoming weeks opponenet. Obviously this isn't the case here, because there's not only < than 11 players but both defensive & offensive players.
So what exactly is the PS and what's its function ?

It's just a small group of developmental players. They don't form a complete offensive or defensive unit, they're just a bunch of guys.

They can't play in games on Sunday but they do take part in team activities. They can learn a lot about the game and how to prepare from that.

During practice, they'll be used in some instances to "simulate" the players of the opposing team but second and third stringers will also be used that way.

Gruden actually played the role of Rich Gannon to get the Buccs defense ready for the SB. He knew Gannon inside and out, what he liked to do and how he liked to do it.

prostock101
09-07-2011, 05:52 PM
IMO, Braman was kept over Nading because of his special team abilities. It seemed like he was more involved in tackles than Nading was.

Second that. But what's interesting is that I see them being a little bolder in their selections versus the past where it seemed they went out of there way to stick with the supposedly "safe" pick...

Rey
09-07-2011, 06:13 PM

Going to agree with that...

And Rex Ryan may have considered snatching him off waivers since he played so well against his team...

Braman is a guy that has an extrememely high ceiling because of his athletic ability. Needs to get stronger though.