PDA

View Full Version : The "Who should I start" thread

Pages : [1] 2

gtexan02
09-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Didn't see this one, so here goes. Try to give as much info as possible

I have 1 flex spot open on my team. Here is who I can choose between:
Reggie Wayne, WR, Colts against Houston Texans (away)
Joseph Addai, RB, Colts against Houston Texans (away)
Ryan Grant, RB, Packers against NO Saints (home)
Percy Harvin, WR, Vikings against SD (away)

Dutchrudder
09-06-2011, 11:37 AM
I think you have to go with Wayne regardless of if Manning plays. Even if Collins is throwing to him, he should still be the #1 target and get plenty of chances to score points for you. Grant would be my second choice after seeing the Saints run D in preseason.

Ryan
09-06-2011, 12:54 PM
I think you have to go with Wayne regardless of if Manning plays. Even if Collins is throwing to him, he should still be the #1 target and get plenty of chances to score points for you. Grant would be my second choice after seeing the Saints run D in preseason.

^this.

HuttoKarl
09-06-2011, 02:39 PM
agreed on Wayne.

I'm on a fantasy football website called fantasysharks.com and I think it's one of the best sources of info out there. There are some good articles, but they've got forums with player news, who should I start, waiver/free agent moves...anything. A lot of information comes from people in the NFL cities so there's a little more in-depth info than I find on some sites.

Not spamming...just letting you all know about a site that's helped me quite a bit in the fantasy football realm.

dc_txtech
09-06-2011, 06:31 PM

Oh... It... We... have no response. That was perfect.

:clap:

Dutchrudder
09-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Here's my dilemma for a W/R/T flex spot:

Starters:
QB: Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
RB1: Ray Rice (Bal - RB)
RB2: Michael Turner (Atl - RB)
WR1: Roddy White (Atl - WR)
WR2: Vincent Jackson (SD - WR)
TE: Zach Miller (Sea - TE)
DST: Chargers

Flex:

Marques Colston (NO - WR)
Ben Tate (Hou - RB)
Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
Reggie Bush (Mia - RB)
LaDainian Tomlinson (NYJ - RB)

I'm leaning towards Reggie Bush, but I'm willing to take suggestions :)

Edit: 1 PPR

Blake
09-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Didn't see this one, so here goes. Try to give as much info as possible

I have 1 flex spot open on my team. Here is who I can choose between:
Reggie Wayne, WR, Colts against Houston Texans (away)
Joseph Addai, RB, Colts against Houston Texans (away)
Ryan Grant, RB, Packers against NO Saints (home)
Percy Harvin, WR, Vikings against SD (away)

PPR? Wayne or Harvin.

Non PPR - Wayne or Grant. Probably Wayne though. Even though our defense was revamped, our corners are still young and can be had.

Blake
09-07-2011, 11:33 AM

Starters:

Flex:

Ben Tate (Hou - RB)
Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
Reggie Bush (Mia - RB)

Again, PPR or no?

I would go with Olsen. Cards gave up 242.6 passing yards per game last season. They lost DRC but gained Patrick Peterson. Also Newton will probably use Olsen as his safety valve alot.

NE is good against the run so Bush isnt that attractive, unless its a PPR league.

Fred Jackson is going @ KC who is middle of the pack against the run.

Bottom line: I would go with Olsen or Jackson if you are afraid of Cam Newton.

Blake
09-07-2011, 11:36 AM
My turn.

League 1: PPR flex: Bush @ NE, Wells vs. CAR, S. Moss, NYG, Britt @ JAX.

League 2: Bradford vs. PHI, Kolb vs. CAR

dc_txtech
09-07-2011, 12:04 PM

Starters:

Flex:

Ben Tate (Hou - RB)
Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
Reggie Bush (Mia - RB)

Edit: 1 PPR

I would have a hard time keeping Tate out week one. Probably a riskier play but could pay huge dividends. If not Tate I would go with Bush.

Brandon420tx
09-07-2011, 12:32 PM
My turn.

League 1: I'd go with either Moss, or Wells. I'd be taking a wait and see approach to see how Britt Gels with hasselback, and I think New Englandwould be a bad matchup for Bush this week.

League 2: Kolb vs. Car. Bradford will be throwing at Nnamdi, DRC, and Asante Samuels

Dutchrudder
09-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Again, PPR or no?

I would go with Olsen. Cards gave up 242.6 passing yards per game last season. They lost DRC but gained Patrick Peterson. Also Newton will probably use Olsen as his safety valve alot.

NE is good against the run so Bush isnt that attractive, unless its a PPR league.

Fred Jackson is going @ KC who is middle of the pack against the run.

Bottom line: I would go with Olsen or Jackson if you are afraid of Cam Newton.

It's 1PPR, so I have Bush in there right now. The concern with Olsen is that he has to compete with Jeremey Shockey for targets, so I'm not sure he will get enough attention. AZ is a crappy defense though, so maybe he is worth it...

Dutchrudder
09-07-2011, 01:02 PM
My turn.

I like Wells @ Carolina and Kolb against Carolina. I don't expect either team to have much defense, so it could be a shootout. Fitz is bound to get some TDs against the Panthers.

LikeMike
09-08-2011, 08:33 AM
I still try to figure out my 3d WR - I have Steve Smith (Car), Plaxico Burress and Devin Hester. What do you guys think?

TheDrifter
09-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Okay,

WHO SHOULD I START???

PPR, 1 point per 10 yards, 6 for TDs.

Mark Ingram or Derrick Ward?

TheDrifter
09-08-2011, 09:24 AM
I still try to figure out my 3d WR - I have Steve Smith (Car), Plaxico Burress and Devin Hester. What do you guys think?

Do individual players get return yards?

If not, I'd drop Hester from the conversation. Bears are weirdly devoted to Roy Williams.

LikeMike
09-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Do individual players get return yards?

If not, I'd drop Hester from the conversation. Bears are weirdly devoted to Roy Williams.

Yeah they do get return yards - but not as much points as for receiving yards (I think 10 return yards equal 1 receiving yard).

BetaV1
09-13-2011, 04:53 AM
My current top three backs are Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhell, and Darren McFadden. I clearly went RB heavy in my draft. Rice and Mendenhall are my initial starters and McFadden is my flex.

I also drafted Ben Tate to get him out of the hands of the guy who grabbed Foster, but now I have this rather tough problem on my hands. Let's say Foster and Ward both sit against Miami...

Which 3 of the 4 do I start?
Ray Rice @ Tennessee
Rashard Mendenhall vs Seattle
Darren McFadden @ Buffalo
Ben Tate @ Miami

Dutchrudder
09-13-2011, 08:00 AM
My current top three backs are Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhell, and Darren McFadden. I clearly went RB heavy in my draft. Rice and Mendenhall are my initial starters and McFadden is my flex.

I also drafted Ben Tate to get him out of the hands of the guy who grabbed Foster, but now I have this rather tough problem on my hands. Let's say Foster and Ward both sit against Miami...

Which 3 of the 4 do I start?
Ray Rice @ Tennessee
Rashard Mendenhall vs Seattle
Darren McFadden @ Buffalo
Ben Tate @ Miami

Wow, that is quite a dilemma, but a good one to have. I think you must start Ray Rice and DMC given their production this past week. RR against the Steelers for 30 points means he should do just about as well against the Tits. Tate or Mendenhall...

The Bills allowed 6 YPC against the Chiefs this past week: NFL Team stats (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RUSHING_AVERAGE_YARDS&tabSeq=2&season=2011&role=OPP&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&qualified=true)

The Dolphins 4.8, but the Pats didn't run much.

I'd go with Tate just for the Texans sake :)

JCTexan
09-13-2011, 03:52 PM
I have a question regarding WR's. Which three should I start?

Brandon Marshall vs. Houston
A.J. Green @ Denver
Braylon Edwards vs. Dallas
Robert Meachem vs. Chicago
Jacoby Jones @ Miami

I'm thinking of going with Marshall, Meachem & Jones, but I wanted some advice first.

Blake
09-13-2011, 04:15 PM

A.J. Green @ Denver
Jacoby Jones @ Miami

I'm thinking of going with Marshall, Meachem & Jones, but I wanted some advice first.

I like Marshall, Meachem as locks. Flip a coin for the other. Probably Edwards though.

Brandon420tx
09-13-2011, 04:16 PM
AJ Green's big play came when the Browns were still in their defensive huddle, don't expect Denver to make that mistake, he'll have to earn the points he gets this week. Braylon Edwards is intriguing because of the Dallas Pass D. But Frank Gore, ruined my fantasy week so I'm down on all 9ers for the time being. I agree with your three

As for me.
I'm strongly considering starting Addai this week vs. Cleveland. He would take Beanie Wells vs. Washington Redskins. Wells is the more reliable play, but in my league its important to score the most points, and I think Addai will have a huge game as the Colts will rely on him more and the Browns run D was soft vs. Cinci, its a risky play, and pretty much the only game I'm considering Addai for so far this season

JCTexan
09-13-2011, 04:23 PM
AJ Green's big play came when the Browns were still in their defensive huddle, don't expect Denver to make that mistake, he'll have to earn the points he gets this week. Braylon Edwards is intriguing because of the Dallas Pass D. But Frank Gore, ruined my fantasy week so I'm down on all 9ers for the time being. I agree with your three

As for me.
I'm strongly considering starting Addai this week vs. Cleveland. He would take Beanie Wells vs. Washington Redskins. Wells is the more reliable play, but in my league its important to score the most points, and I think Addai will have a huge game as the Colts will rely on him more and the Browns run D was soft vs. Cinci, its a risky play, and pretty much the only game I'm considering Addai for so far this season

I would go with Beanie Wells. He had a nice game last week (112 total yards & a td), and until the Colts learn to be successful running the ball I would stay away from Addai if you've got better options.

Dutchrudder
09-13-2011, 04:30 PM

A.J. Green @ Denver
Jacoby Jones @ Miami

Definitely Marshall and Meachem given the rest of their teams at the moment. I'd be tempted to go with Jones after watching that pisspoor Phins defense last night. I don't think Edwards will get many chances against a decent defense in the Cowboys. And I would avoid all Bengals besides Benson :)

JCTexan
09-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Definitely Marshall and Meachem given the rest of their teams at the moment. I'd be tempted to go with Jones after watching that pisspoor Phins defense last night. I don't think Edwards will get many chances against a decent defense in the Cowboys. And I would avoid all Bengals besides Benson :)

Meachem & Jones should also be moving up their teams depth charts after injuries to Walter & Colston, and are both on good passing teams. Both Green & Edwards didn't do much last week and their offenses are a little more questionable.

JCTexan
09-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Here's another one:

Joe Flacco @ Tennessee
Matt Ryan vs. Philadelphia

I'm thinking Flacco...

Mr. White
09-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Here's another one:

Joe Flacco @ Tennessee
Matt Ryan vs. Philadelphia

I'm thinking Flacco...

I'd go with Flacco based on the matchups.

dc_txtech
09-13-2011, 05:40 PM

A.J. Green @ Denver
Jacoby Jones @ Miami

I say Marshall, Meachem, and Jones. With Walter going down Jones fantasy value could increase dramatically. Plus Brady just dropped five hundo on the Fins.

Play Flacco for sure this week.

Ckw
09-13-2011, 06:11 PM
So amazingly, I still won this week even though Big Ben put on about as shitty a performance as a QB can thanks to LeSean McCoy, Run DMC, and Sea Bass.

So here is my minor predicament: do I give Big Ben another chance?

Ben Roesthlisberger vs SEA
Kyle Orton vs CIN

Also, I need to start two RBs, a flex, and two WRs. Who should I start?

LeSean McCoy @ ATL
Darren McFadden @ BUF
Ahmad Bradshaw vs STL
Larry Fitzgerald @ WSH
Mike Williams @ MIN
Reggie Bush vs HOU
Santana Moss vs ARI
Robert Meachem vs CHI

Thanks!!!!

dc_txtech
09-13-2011, 07:12 PM
So amazingly, I still won this week even though Big Ben put on about as shitty a performance as a QB can thanks to LeSean McCoy, Run DMC, and Sea Bass.

So here is my minor predicament: do I give Big Ben another chance?

Ben Roesthlisberger vs SEA
Kyle Orton vs CIN

Also, I need to start two RBs, a flex, and two WRs. Who should I start?

LeSean McCoy @ ATL
Darren McFadden @ BUF
Ahmad Bradshaw vs STL
Larry Fitzgerald @ WSH
Mike Williams @ MIN
Reggie Bush vs HOU
Santana Moss vs ARI
Robert Meachem vs CHI

Thanks!!!!

I think for sure you go with McCoy, DMC, Bradshaw, and Fitz. After that I would be looking at Moss and Meachem. I would probably go with Moss for the simple fact that Chicago dismantled ATL while ARI let a rookie throw for 422 yards against them in his first game ever.

Ckw
09-13-2011, 10:02 PM
I think for sure you go with McCoy, DMC, Bradshaw, and Fitz. After that I would be looking at Moss and Meachem. I would probably go with Moss for the simple fact that Chicago dismantled ATL while ARI let a rookie throw for 422 yards against them in his first game ever.

Thanks bud!!

So I guess you aren't much of a Mike Williams fan or just not a fan of the matchup? Regardless, you have sold me on starting Santana.

What do you think about the QB situation? Should I start Big Ben?

GP
09-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Just now joining this conversation.

Here's how my Week 1 went down for me:

1. Matt Ryan sucked BAD at my QB1.

2. Andre Johnson did well for me at WR1.

3. Roddy White (who I drafted in round 2) was absent, like Matt Ryan was.

4. Beanie Wells delivered for me at RB1.

5. Derrick Ward did somewhat OK at RB2. I benched Shonn Greene in favor of Ward, so I made the right move there.

6. Ben Tate was great for me at the flex. I originally had Darren Sproles in that spot.

7. OD underperformed for me at TE. I expect him to rebound well in Week 2.

8. Rackers got me 10 points as my K.

9. Giants D/ST was pedestrian, which I expected.

The major headache, for me, is that I wasted a round 4 pick on Shonn Greene as my first RB taken. Thank goodness I picked up Beanie Wells and Tate. But Foster will return soon and life won't be fun for me at the RB spot with really only Beanie Wells as a consistent producer at RB.

I went heavy on WR-WR-QB in rounds 1, 2, and 3.

I somehow was able to get Flacco in like round 6, which is crazy IMO that he was still there. I have a feeling Flacco is my starting QB in Week 2.

Matt Ryan and Roddy White's troubles with Chicago almost cost me a Week 1 win. I expect them to get better, though, as the season progresses. Until they catch fire, I'm going with Flacco.

Anybody want Shon Greene? Just give me positive rep and I'll send him to you. That's all I'm asking for. Shon Greene won't be a Jets RB next year, IMO. I think he's a goner.

Mr. White
09-13-2011, 10:44 PM

I've got Big Ben and Orton too. I've also got Bradford.

I'm going with Big Ben myself. This game is gonna be a mudhole stomping.

Mr. White
09-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Anybody want Shon Greene? Just give me positive rep and I'll send him to you. That's all I'm asking for. Shon Greene won't be a Jets RB next year, IMO. I think he's a goner.

I drafted Shonn Greene last year in the 2nd round. Ruined my season. Dude was an albatross. Couldn't trade him because nobody else was stupid enough and couldn't drop him because he was a 2nd rounder.

F that bum.

JCTexan
09-14-2011, 01:43 AM
Thanks bud!!

So I guess you aren't much of a Mike Williams fan or just not a fan of the matchup? Regardless, you have sold me on starting Santana.

A pissed off Big Ben against Seattle? Yeah, start him.

Brandon420tx
09-14-2011, 04:43 AM
I drafted Shonn Greene last year in the 2nd round. Ruined my season. Dude was an albatross. Couldn't trade him because nobody else was stupid enough and couldn't drop him because he was a 2nd rounder.

F that bum.

I'm actually trying to trade for Green in my money league, his owner is waaay down on him and I'll probably be able to pawn off Orton to get him, then I'll drop C.J. Spiller (man I was wrong about him I just went to a Bills MB too, for "research" and they really aren't expecting much from him) and pick up Beck. Beck has excellent matchup in week 4 and 11. STL (injured backfield) and Dal (injured backfield again, high potent shootout). While Matt Schaub will play the Steelers, and have a bye during those weeks. Orton has bad matchups those weeks (GB and NYJ) but the guy who owns green is stuck with Eli (Bwahahahhahaa) and Sanchez (not bad, not great either). My other Running Backs are Ray Rice, Beanie Wells, Frank Gore (damn you), Cadillac Williams, and Deji Karim (we get points for KR yards), Cadillac Williams actually has atrocious matchups for the next few weeks, and Steven Jackson will probably be back soon enough, I'll likely end up dropping him too, and Frank Gore is probably not going to crack my lineup again untill he shows me something.

tl;dr I plan on swapping a QB who will have bad matchups when I would actually play him over schaub for a RB who might crack my flex spot during games I'm certain the Jets will be in cruise control

Brandon420tx
09-15-2011, 04:22 PM
The trade didn't go through (he actually did a counter offer, Schaub for Green, I rejected it with alot of hahahaha in the reject message) I talked to him at work and he says he has Orton rated in the same teir as Eli and Sanchez, the guy is fuggin nuts. I went ahead and picked up grossman, and I'll hold on to orton for one more week, to see if he changes his mind, (I doubt it) then drop him.

I decided to stay with Beanie this week. I went and analyzed all the runs the Giants had against the skins, and Bradshaw, who is more similar to Beanie than Jacobs, is did well enough, plus I think the Skins are going to drop their safeties back over Fitz anyway and open up some room for Wells

Dutchrudder
09-15-2011, 04:43 PM
One league I need to start two of these RB's (1PPR and return yards):
Lesean Mcoy @ ATL, Mendenhall vs SEA, Sproles vs CHI, Wells @ Wash

Other league, I need to start 3 of these (1PPR and return yards):
Ray Rice @ Ten
Michael Turner vs Philly
Reggie Bush vs HOU
Fred Jackson vs Oak
LT vs Jax
or go WR with the 3rd spot and put in Robert Meachum vs CHI

Mr. White
09-15-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm actually trying to trade for Green in my money league, his owner is waaay down on him and I'll probably be able to pawn off Orton to get him, then I'll drop C.J. Spiller (man I was wrong about him I just went to a Bills MB too, for "research" and they really aren't expecting much from him) and pick up Beck. Beck has excellent matchup in week 4 and 11. STL (injured backfield) and Dal (injured backfield again, high potent shootout). While Matt Schaub will play the Steelers, and have a bye during those weeks. Orton has bad matchups those weeks (GB and NYJ) but the guy who owns green is stuck with Eli (Bwahahahhahaa) and Sanchez (not bad, not great either). My other Running Backs are Ray Rice, Beanie Wells, Frank Gore (damn you), Cadillac Williams, and Deji Karim (we get points for KR yards), Cadillac Williams actually has atrocious matchups for the next few weeks, and Steven Jackson will probably be back soon enough, I'll likely end up dropping him too, and Frank Gore is probably not going to crack my lineup again untill he shows me something.

tl;dr I plan on swapping a QB who will have bad matchups when I would actually play him over schaub for a RB who might crack my flex spot during games I'm certain the Jets will be in cruise control

I had CJ Spiller last season in addition to Shonn Greene. Talk about a couple of bums. I'm not a Gore fan at all either. I'd try to trade him before he gets a hangnail and ends up on IR.

JCTexan
09-16-2011, 12:47 PM
One league I need to start two of these RB's (1PPR and return yards):
Lesean Mcoy @ ATL, Mendenhall vs SEA, Sproles vs CHI, Wells @ Wash

Other league, I need to start 3 of these (1PPR and return yards):
Ray Rice @ Ten
Michael Turner vs Philly
Reggie Bush vs HOU
Fred Jackson vs Oak
LT vs Jax
or go WR with the 3rd spot and put in Robert Meachum vs CHI

In the first league I would start Mccoy & Mendenhall. In the 2nd I would go with Rice, Turner & Jackson.

2slik4u
09-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Alright fellas, heres what I got:

Owen Daniels vs. Miami

OR

Aaron Hernandez vs. San Diego

OD had a piss poor game last week but I expect him to get involved early and often against a Miami defense that gave up 30 FP to the TE position last week.

On the other hand, Hernandez is a WR trapped in a TE's body and more importantly he has the trust of the greatest QB to ever play the game. Brady seems to spread it to his TE's very frequently.

It seems I have a case of good and better. Not a bad position to be in for my fantasy team but need some thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.

Blake
09-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Daniels.

JWarren14
09-16-2011, 05:01 PM
What the hell should I do with Ochocinco? Try and trade him , or just drop him outright? Not hurting too bad at WR Jennings, Marshall, Branch, H Ward, Ocho.

Dutchrudder
09-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Alright fellas, heres what I got:

Owen Daniels vs. Miami

OR

Aaron Hernandez vs. San Diego

OD had a piss poor game last week but I expect him to get involved early and often against a Miami defense that gave up 30 FP to the TE position last week.

On the other hand, Hernandez is a WR trapped in a TE's body and more importantly he has the trust of the greatest QB to ever play the game. Brady seems to spread it to his TE's very frequently.

It seems I have a case of good and better. Not a bad position to be in for my fantasy team but need some thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.

Hernendez for sure. The Texans appear to be doing a TE by committee setup this year, somewhat like the Patriots, but the Patriots have better pass-catching TEs and a better QB. With Foster back, OD will probably only get 2-4 targets like he did against the Colts. Walter got one catch last week, that's it. Not a lot more to spread around, unless the Texans are playing from behind.

Ckw
09-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Hernendez for sure. The Texans appear to be doing a TE by committee setup this year, somewhat like the Patriots, but the Patriots have better pass-catching TEs and a better QB. With Foster back, OD will probably only get 2-4 targets like he did against the Colts. Walter got one catch last week, that's it. Not a lot more to spread around, unless the Texans are playing from behind.

Man, you are REALLY down on OD.

My prediction is you are going to be dead wrong. He is our second best receiver, bar none, and the only reason he didn't get many targets last week is Schaub sucked when he was actually throwing the ball and the Colts sucked even worse.

Start OD. I have OD and Jermaine Gresham (who has the skills to be a top TE ala Vernon Davis and seems to have the trust of Dalton), but no way am I giving up on OD yet. What I find funny is some people seem to be higher on Jimmy Graham than OD, yet Brees spreads the ball around WAY more than Schaub. You can't really count on any of the Aints receivers.

Yes, start Owen. I'm not saying he most certainly will score more points than Hernandez but NO WAY does OD have another week like last week. If I'm wrong, Dutch, I will certainly eat me some crow and ***** and moan about drafting Owen.

dc_txtech
09-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Lol2slik, you get completely differing opinions and leave more confounded than when you arrived.

Please don't give 2slik4u any advice guys he's in my money league and I can assure you he is a fat jerk that you all would hate.:kitten:

I thought you stuck to the Texans Talk forum slik. I think Hernandez is the safer bet here. OD is fighting for looks with Dreessen and Casey plus what appears to be a juggernaut of a running game. I think it's close but I would start Hernandez.

dc_txtech
09-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks bud!!

I would start Big Ben.

Mike Williams I guess I don't really know enough about to trust him. His numbers are good though so if you like the guy go with him.

2slik4u
09-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Lol2slik, you get completely differing opinions and leave more confounded than when you arrived.

Please don't give 2slik4u any advice guys he's in my money league and I can assure you he is a fat jerk that you all would hate.:kitten:

I thought you stuck to the Texans Talk forum slik. I think Hernandez is the safer bet here. OD is fighting for looks with Dreessen and Casey plus what appears to be a juggernaut of a running game. I think it's close but I would start Hernandez.

Part of me wants to reciprocate the fat jerk comment....so I will.

You're a fat jerk.

The other part wants to thank you for the advice.....thanks...I guess.

dc_txtech
09-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Part of me wants to reciprocate the fat jerk comment....so I will.

You're a fat jerk.

The other part wants to thank you for the advice.....thanks...I guess.

Well played good sir.

Don't be pissed if Ckw is right and OD torches Miami for a hundo and two touches.

Go Texans :texflag:

2slik4u
09-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Well played good sir.

Don't be pissed if Ckw is right and OD torches Miami for a hundo and two touches.

Go Texans :texflag:

Im starting OD. I drafted him and picked up AH this week. I cant give up on him yet.

Go OD. 11 catches, 213 yards, 3 touchdowns. Lead pipe lock of the week.

Dutchrudder
09-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Man, you are REALLY down on OD.

My prediction is you are going to be dead wrong. He is our second best receiver, bar none, and the only reason he didn't get many targets last week is Schaub sucked when he was actually throwing the ball and the Colts sucked even worse.

Start OD. I have OD and Jermaine Gresham (who has the skills to be a top TE ala Vernon Davis and seems to have the trust of Dalton), but no way am I giving up on OD yet. What I find funny is some people seem to be higher on Jimmy Graham than OD, yet Brees spreads the ball around WAY more than Schaub. You can't really count on any of the Aints receivers.

Yes, start Owen. I'm not saying he most certainly will score more points than Hernandez but NO WAY does OD have another week like last week. If I'm wrong, Dutch, I will certainly eat me some crow and ***** and moan about drafting Owen.

Haha, it's all good. I have OD and Hernendez in one my leagues (Brady at QB) and I had OD up last week. Still won the game, but 20 points versus 2... Eh I'll go with Hernendez on a pass first team, with decent WRs over OD on a run-first team with lots of other receiving options.

Ckw
09-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Fun conversation, Dutch. Looking forward to seeing how OD does tomorrow.

Now, I have a bit of a dilemma. I just traded Robert Meachem for Joe Flacco. So now I have a slight battle at QB.

Who should I start?

Joe Flacco or Ben Roesthlisberger

Ckw
09-17-2011, 11:54 PM

Now, I have a bit of a dilemma. I just traded Robert Meachem for Joe Flacco. So now I have a slight battle at QB.

Who should I start?

Anyone? I am leaning towards Big Ben, but man Flacco put on a good show against that supposedly dominant Pitt D.

LikeMike
09-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Thats a tough one - but based on the matchup Id go with Big Ben.

So here are my questions for a standard Yahoo FF league:

WR - 3 out of 4:

Hakeem Nicks (questionable and on Monday Night) vs. Stl.
Brandon Marshall (obvious starter) vs. HOU
Steve Smith (Car) vs. GB
Plaxico Burress vs. JAC

HB 2 out of 3:

Jamaal Charles vs DET
Beanie Wells vs. WAS
Cedric Benson vs. DEN

TE 1 out of 2:

Owen Daniels vs. MIA
Rob Gronkowski vs. SD

IBleedTexans
09-18-2011, 09:32 AM
I need some advise for my league normal scoring , nothing special.....

Rb Arian Foster
Ben Tate
Deangelo Willaims VS GB
I Need 2
Wr Dwayne Bowe @ Det
Devery Henderson Vs Chi
Early Doucet @ Was
Johnny Knox @ No
Chad Ocho Vs SD
also need 2

Ckw
09-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Thats a tough one - but based on the matchup Id go with Big Ben.

So here are my questions for a standard Yahoo FF league:

WR - 3 out of 4:

Hakeem Nicks (questionable and on Monday Night) vs. Stl.
Brandon Marshall (obvious starter) vs. HOU
Steve Smith (Car) vs. GB
Plaxico Burress vs. JAC

HB 2 out of 3:

Jamaal Charles vs DET
Beanie Wells vs. WAS
Cedric Benson vs. DEN

TE 1 out of 2:

Owen Daniels vs. MIA
Rob Gronkowski vs. SD

I'd start the bold.

Dutchrudder
09-18-2011, 04:35 PM

Who should I start?

Well, first quarter of the Pats game, but Hernendez has 2 catches 30 yards and a TD already. :pop:

Ckw
09-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Well, first quarter of the Pats game, but Hernendez has 2 catches 30 yards and a TD already. :pop:

Yep. I was about to come here. I owe you an apology.

Wish I had listened to you...

I am done with OD....

Dutchrudder
09-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Yep. I was about to come here. I owe you an apology.

Wish I had listened to you...

I am done with OD....

OD has lots of time left to make some plays. But Hernendez has hit the TE benchmark for points for me this week. I always like my TEs to get about 8-10 points a game to keep them around. Everything beyond that is gravy :) OD will get more chances this game as he has 2 targets so far, but I just don't trust him to break out and get a TD every other week.

Ckw
09-18-2011, 04:45 PM
This is when Kubiak pisses me off. He is so irritating for fantasy purposes. It is impossible to predict who Gary is going to target, aside from AJ, in a given day.

Man I wish I had started Hernandez...

Ckw
09-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Wahoo!!!!! TD for OD!!

Dutchrudder
09-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Wahoo!!!!! TD for OD!!

He's looking pretty good. We'll see how many targets he gets once the Texans have a 3 score lead... :D

Ckw
09-18-2011, 05:35 PM
He's looking pretty good. We'll see how many targets he gets once the Texans have a 3 score lead... :D

Oh I still wish I had started Hernandez and probably will from now on. But I am happy to get the points. At least OD isn't putting together another crapper like he did last week.

Dutchrudder
09-19-2011, 10:02 AM
So here's the deal with the Texans TE versus the Pats TE. The Texans had at most a two score lead during the entire game, but still needed to produce every time the offense got the ball. The Pats at best had a 14 point lead during the game, which means they needed to keep producing as well. In the end, Brady had 40 pass attempts to Schaub's 29, but the Texans had 36 rush attempts to the Pats 24. This is what I mean by a run-first team, which is what the Texans have become. Schaub's probably not going to throw 550 times this year, and that's a good thing for Texan fans, but not fantasy owners.

Individually, Hernendez caught 7 of 8 passes for 67 yards and a TD. OD caught 3 of 5 for 25 and a TD. OD was the second most targeted player on the Texans yesterday, whereas Hernendez was the third behind Welker and Branch. It may come down to playing matchups each week, but I see Hernendez as the guy with more upside going forward. He's going to get a lot more chances to make plays than OD.

dc_txtech
09-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Oh I still wish I had started Hernandez and probably will from now on. But I am happy to get the points. At least OD isn't putting together another crapper like he did last week.

Not so fast, Hernandez could be out for up to 6 weeks.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/5674/Aaron-Hernandez

Most people are thinking this is going to help Gronkowski's value but I'm not so sure. He was already the number 1 TE in FF (in my league at least) and it's not like they share time in the same role. They were often on the field at the same time and I've seen them line them both up all over the place. Now I'm not saying that this is going to hurt Gronkowski's value, just that it may not help as much as some are projecting.

Dutchrudder
09-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Bah, Gronkowski is owned in all of my leagues. I'm gonna roll with Fred Davis at TE for a few of them.

TexanSam
09-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Having a hard time choosing between Fred Jackson and James Starks for my WR/RB position. Leaning towards Starks since Jackson is going up against New England's D.

Dutchrudder
09-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Having a hard time choosing between Fred Jackson and James Starks for my WR/RB position. Leaning towards Starks since Jackson is going up against New England's D.

Jackson leads the league in rushing so far and the Pat's D isn't much to worry about. I'm starting Jackson as my flex in one of my leagues behind Ray Rice and Michael Turner. Wish I had him in other leagues though...

Vinny
09-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Fred Jackson ftw

Ckw
09-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Should I pick up Gronkowski? I have OD and Hernandez but Hernandez is out.

Too many guys I want to pick up. Let me list my team, and I'd appreciate it if you guys would help me decide if I should drop anyone to pick up someone.

QB: Roesthlisberger, Flacco
RB: McCoy, McFadden, Bradshaw, Michael Bush, Reggie Bush, Ladainian Tomlinson, Darren Sproles
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Williams, Santana Moss, Eric Decker
TE: Owen Daniels, Aaron Hernandez (on IR)
D/ST: Philadelphia Eagles
K: Janikowski

Guys I want to maybe pickup are Gronkowski and Denarius Moore. What should I do?

Ckw
09-23-2011, 04:30 PM

Jackson

Vinny
09-23-2011, 04:58 PM

Too many guys I want to pick up. Let me list my team, and I'd appreciate it if you guys would help me decide if I should drop anyone to pick up someone.

RB: McCoy, McFadden, Bradshaw, Michael Bush, Reggie Bush, Ladainian Tomlinson, Darren Sproles

Guys I want to maybe pickup are Gronkowski and Denarius Moore. What should I do?
It depends on who you like more, Decker or Moore. Either that, or dump one of your mediocre backs (depends on how many RB's can start in your league). I'd only use one slot for on a pure spec/upside player. If you think Daniels will produce I wouldn't make a move on Gronkowski. If you think he will continue to be Clark Kent, I'd make a move. Otherwise, start OD and you will have Hernandez in reserve for the playoffs. Dump Hernandez now and someone who needs a te will likely pick him up.

Dutchrudder
09-23-2011, 05:08 PM

Not yes, but HELL YES! If Gronkowski was available in any league I'm in, I would have nabbed him and had him starting. Flex even if I had another awesome TE. Gotta go with the guy on a hot streak and increased looks from AH being out.

ultimatepaki
09-24-2011, 10:27 AM
qb: matt schaub or kevin kolb (right now i'm going with schaub this week, but I'm seeing so many of these 'experts' picking schaub to have a pedestrian game bc he'll be blitzed too much. also other experts are saying that kolb is gonna have a monster game against seattles weak pass D)
rb: chris johnson, matt forte
wr: vincent jackson, stevie johnson
tight end: dustin keller
flex: fred jackson
kicker: john kasay
defense: chargers

on bench: i have mike williams (tampa) who I've been debating to play instead of fjax. also have few other players who won't sniff my starting lineup.

I'm hoping for a big day from schaub.

dc_txtech
09-24-2011, 11:20 AM

I don't care who you have to drop, pick up Gronkowski. How is the #1 TE in the league a free agent?

Mr. White
09-24-2011, 11:34 AM
FLEX- Tolbert or Meachem?
DST- Chargers or Ravens?

TexanSam
09-24-2011, 11:58 AM
FLEX- Tolbert or Meachem?
DST- Chargers or Ravens?

I'd go Tolbert and Chargers. San Diego's playing the Chiefs. Should be a long day for KC.

dc_txtech
09-24-2011, 12:23 PM
qb: matt schaub or kevin kolb (right now i'm going with schaub this week, but I'm seeing so many of these 'experts' picking schaub to have a pedestrian game bc he'll be blitzed too much. also other experts are saying that kolb is gonna have a monster game against seattles weak pass D)
rb: chris johnson, matt forte
wr: vincent jackson, stevie johnson
tight end: dustin keller
flex: fred jackson
kicker: john kasay
defense: chargers

on bench: i have mike williams (tampa) who I've been debating to play instead of fjax. also have few other players who won't sniff my starting lineup.

I'm hoping for a big day from schaub.

That's a tough one but I would probably go with Kolb. Houston seems to be a run first team this season and that could hurt Schaubs fantasy producton.

Khari
09-24-2011, 12:50 PM
flacco @stl or rexi @dal :thinking:

Mr. White
09-24-2011, 12:55 PM

I like Flacco's matchup better. I think it could get real ugly for Rex.

dc_txtech
09-24-2011, 01:53 PM

Both are highly inconsistent and both are playing against banged up secondaries. Sexy Rexy did go for 300 yards and 4 TD's last time he played in Dallas, I say fug it go deep.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2006/11/f-k-it-im-throwing-it-downfield.html

4Texans
09-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Should I start Michael Vick or Matthew Stafford??????? Vick is questionable for Sunday, and I'm wondering how he'll do if he does start after the concusion last week.

headsplint
09-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Drew Brees or Cam Newton??? Tough one this week. Normally I would easily go with Brees for the guarantee points, but he's playing us, and that usually doesn't factor into my decision much but I think it could go either way.

He could torch us, or we could be in his face all day.

playa465
09-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Should I start Michael Vick or Matthew Stafford??????? Vick is questionable for Sunday, and I'm wondering how he'll do if he does start after the concusion last week.

I would go Stafford to be safe, Vick will put up points but if he takes 1 good hit...to the bench he goes.

Drew Brees or Cam Newton??? Tough one this week. Normally I would easily go with Brees for the guarantee points, but he's playing us, and that usually doesn't factor into my decision much but I think it could go either way.
He could torch us, or we could be in his face all day.

Brees all day!!!!

playa465
09-25-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm thinking of benching Owen Daniels for Fred Davis...thoughts?

dc_txtech
09-25-2011, 12:31 PM

Tough call but I would go with Davis.

Brandon420tx
09-25-2011, 02:37 PM

Good on you for picking up Davis and locking up one of the top TE's this season (at least it looks like) which means he can't be used against you. There was no wrong answer there

Ckw
09-25-2011, 02:42 PM
I missed out on Gronkowski. He got picked up a day before I made my post.

Should I pick up Fred Davis? If so, who should I drop? I already have OD.

Only guy I could drop right now is LT. Think I should do it?

TEs available are Fred Davis, Dustin Keller, Jermaine Gresham, Scott Chandler, and some others. I also have Aaron Hernandez on IR.

I don't have much time left to do it. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Mr. White
09-25-2011, 02:56 PM
I missed out on Gronkowski. He got picked up a day before I made my post.

Should I pick up Fred Davis? If so, who should I drop? I already have OD.

Only guy I could drop right now is LT. Think I should do it?

TEs available are Fred Davis, Dustin Keller, Jermaine Gresham, Scott Chandler, and some others. I also have Aaron Hernandez on IR.

I don't have much time left to do it. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

I would drop LT and pull the trigger.

I picked up Davis this week. Still trying to decide between him and Jermichael Finley.

TexanSam
09-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Glad I didn't start Starks. Weird situation in Green Bay. Starks had over 100 yards last week while this week he has 11 carries and 5 (!!!) yards. Ryan Grant is having a good game though.

El Tejano
09-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Ok. Here's what I got. Who can help me?

I had to get rid of Kenny Britt so I picked up WR Torrey Smith as a result. Wanted some insurance at WR because losing Kenny Britt was big. I saw Julio Jones so I picked him up and dropped Derrick Ward to get him.

So my receivers are:
Jordy Nelson vs. Denver
Brandon Marshall vs. San Diego
Vincent Jackson vs. Miami
Torrey Smith vs. NYJ
Julio Jones vs. Sea

My runningbacks are:
Ray Rice vs NYJ
Beanie Wells vs. NYG
Ben Tate vs. Pittsburgh
Cadillac Williams vs. Washington

Who do I start?

Ckw
09-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Ok. Here's what I got. Who can help me?

I had to get rid of Kenny Britt so I picked up WR Torrey Smith as a result. Wanted some insurance at WR because losing Kenny Britt was big. I saw Julio Jones so I picked him up and dropped Derrick Ward to get him.

So my receivers are:
Jordy Nelson vs. Denver
Brandon Marshall vs. San Diego
Vincent Jackson vs. Miami
Torrey Smith vs. NYJ
Julio Jones vs. Sea

My runningbacks are:
Ray Rice vs NYJ
Beanie Wells vs. NYG
Ben Tate vs. Pittsburgh
Cadillac Williams vs. Washington

Who do I start?

Tough one. Ray Rice definitely. I'd also definitely start V-Jax.

Do you need to start two RBs and 3 WRs, two RBs and two WRs and a flex, or what? Would help to know that.

Ckw
09-28-2011, 01:11 PM
I've got a conundrum:

Ben Roesthlisberger @ HOU
or
Joe Flacco vs NYJ

Who should I start?

beerlover
09-28-2011, 01:17 PM
I've got a conundrum:

or
Joe Flacco vs NYJ

Who should I start?

couple of really good games. take the home starter Joe Flacco.

how about this one - TE - Dallas Clark or James Casey?

Ckw
09-28-2011, 02:13 PM

I'd still say Clark. Need to see if we are going to keep getting the ball to Casey like we have. Plus, the Steelers are TOUGH against TEs. But maybe they put all their focus on OD and Casey has another big game. Tough call but I'd lean Clark.

b0ng
09-28-2011, 03:07 PM
I'd still say Clark. Need to see if we are going to keep getting the ball to Casey like we have. Plus, the Steelers are TOUGH against TEs. But maybe they put all their focus on OD and Casey has another big game. Tough call but I'd lean Clark.

To extrapolate though, if James Casey has a halfway decent game and Clark continues to not produce it might be time. Colts are just having one of those seasons we, as Texans fans, have all hoped for. Based on matchups, you should start Clark, but you might want to be checking over your waiver wire to see if any good ones are just hanging out.

El Tejano
09-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Tough one. Ray Rice definitely. I'd also definitely start V-Jax.

Do you need to start two RBs and 3 WRs, two RBs and two WRs and a flex, or what? Would help to know that.

2 Rbs and 3Wrs. Yeah I"m starting Ricky and V.Jackson.

Dutchrudder
09-28-2011, 04:37 PM

I think Casey's performance was a fluke, but that's just me. The Texans are turning into the Saints as far as fantasy goes, where you never know who's going to get the points week to week. In any case, I'd go with Clark against TB unless there are better TE's on the wire.

I've got a conundrum:

or
Joe Flacco vs NYJ

Who should I start?

After last week's performance, I like Flacco and am down on Rapistburger because of his o-line.

Ravens!

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Ckw
09-28-2011, 04:46 PM
2 Rbs and 3Wrs. Yeah I"m starting Ricky and V.Jackson.

Then I'd do Rice, Beanie (if he is healthy and if not, I guess Tate) and V-Jax, Marshall, and Nelson.

TexanSam
09-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Wondering if I should keep starting Frank Gore. I have Sproles as my backup running back so may start him this week instead.

Also, does anyone use ESPN Fantasy football? They have this stupid setting where you can't drop certain players and it can't be changed if you're in a standard FF league. It sucks because I wanted to drop Gore and pick up Daniel Thomas but can't because of that setting.

EDIT: Realized it's a LM league so the setting can be changed if the league manager decides to. I still think it's a stupid rule.

Ckw
09-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Wondering if I should keep starting Frank Gore. I have Sproles as my backup running back so may start him this week instead.

Also, does anyone use ESPN Fantasy football? They have this stupid setting where you can't drop certain players and it can't be changed if you're in a standard FF league. It sucks because I wanted to drop Gore and pick up Daniel Thomas but can't because of that setting.

Tell your league manager. He can do it for you.

Also, I'd hold onto Gore. Don't give up on him yet. He looks like he is having trouble coming back from the hip injury, but I think he will turn it around.

TexanSam
09-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Tell your league manager. He can do it for you.

Also, I'd hold onto Gore. Don't give up on him yet. He looks like he is having trouble coming back from the hip injury, but I think he will turn it around.

I asked him.

We can only have 3 running backs on our roster and I have Gore, Ray Rice, and Darren Sproles. I'll give Gore a week or two more...maybe.

dc_txtech
09-29-2011, 12:44 PM

EDIT: Realized it's a LM league so the setting can be changed if the league manager decides to. I still think it's a stupid rule.

I would start Sproles until Gore showed me something. I have Gore in my money league and I haven't started him once, and I have horrible running backs in that league.

dc_txtech
09-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Fitzpatrick @ CIN
Rivers vs MIA

Rivers has been a beast for a long time but he has a issue with his sternum and I'm thinking it's time to put in the hot hand. What do ya'll think?

Ckw
09-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Fitzpatrick @ CIN
Rivers vs MIA

Rivers has been a beast for a long time but he has a issue with his sternum and I'm thinking it's time to put in the hot hand. What do ya'll think?

Rivers looked fine week 1 & 2. Last week was an aberration in my opinion. I'd still start Rivers.

Dutchrudder
09-30-2011, 12:17 AM
Fitzpatrick @ CIN
Rivers vs MIA

Definitely Rivers. Miami's pass defense is horrible. Cincy's D actually isn't as bad as I thought they would be by now.

b0ng
09-30-2011, 09:27 AM
Choose two:

Stephen Jackson vs WAS (limited practice)
Willis McGahee @ GB
LeGarette Blount vs IND
Joseph Addai @ TB

Was thinking Blount and Addai but meh.

Choose 1:

Robert Meachem @ JAX
Marques Colston @ JAX
Dez Bryant vs DET
AJ Green vs BUF

beerlover
09-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Choose two:

Willis McGahee @ GB
LeGarette Blount vs IND
Joseph Addai @ TB

Blount for sure. I have Jackson myself, but will probably sit him. Just picked up San Francisco RB Kendall Hunter with Gore doubtful.

beerlover
09-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Definitely Rivers. Miami's pass defense is horrible. Cincy's D actually isn't as bad as I thought they would be by now.

Fitzpatrick is on fire, while San Diego (Rivers) are in disarray.

Dutchrudder
09-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Fitzpatrick is on fire, while San Diego (Rivers) are in disarray.

Through 3 games, Cincy has the 3rd best defense overall, and Miami has the third worst defense overall. Cincy 5th best passing D, Miami 29th best. I'd play the matchup and take Rivers @ home over Fitzy @ Cincy. I love playing the matchups myself :)

Dutchrudder
09-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Choose two:

Willis McGahee @ GB
LeGarette Blount vs IND
Joseph Addai @ TB

Choose 1:

Robert Meachem @ JAX
Marques Colston @ JAX
Dez Bryant vs DET
AJ Green vs BUF

I'd go with Blount for sure, and Jackson if he's healthy. Otherwise McGahee over Addai IMO.

Is Colston even playing? I thought he was out another 2 weeks. In any case, I'd go with Meachum and Green over Bryant. Bills D has looked bad so far, but not great against the pass. Detroit has a better pass defense, likely due to all the pressure from the front 7. I expect them to roll over the Cowboys and knock Romo out of the game :)

dc_txtech
10-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Through 3 games, Cincy has the 3rd best defense overall, and Miami has the third worst defense overall. Cincy 5th best passing D, Miami 29th best. I'd play the matchup and take Rivers @ home over Fitzy @ Cincy. I love playing the matchups myself :)

Miami has played NE, Hou, and Cle
Cincinnati has played Denver, SF, and Cle.

I don't know how much weight I can put into the Bengals 5th ranked passing defense considering who they have played.

Ckw
10-01-2011, 11:57 PM
So do you guys still think I should start Flacco instead of Roesthlisberger?

TexanSam
10-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Should have started Vincent Jackson! Damn! Dez Bryant got me some points though, so it's not all bad.

dc_txtech
10-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Well, it's man-up Monday and I shoulda started Rivers. I guess that Bengal defense is legit.

El Tejano
10-06-2011, 12:58 AM
I started Tate over Beanie Wells because I thought Wells would sit again. Of course Wells goes off. However, I still won due to a large showing by Jordy Nelson, Drew Brees, Ray Rice, and Julio Jones, and Jimmy Graham. Currently 4-0 in my league.

Ryan
10-06-2011, 01:05 AM
Ok i need 2 WRs this week because Andre is hurt and Brandon Marshall is on a bye.

Mike Williams(been incredibly dissapointing so far) vs SF
Chad Ochocinco(lol yeah right) vs. NYJ
Dexter McCluster(has WR eligibility in Yahoo leagues) vs. IND
Lance Moore vs. CAR

Dutchrudder
10-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Ok i need 2 WRs this week because Andre is hurt and Brandon Marshall is on a bye.

Mike Williams(been incredibly dissapointing so far) vs SF
Chad Ochocinco(lol yeah right) vs. NYJ
Dexter McCluster(has WR eligibility in Yahoo leagues) vs. IND
Lance Moore vs. CAR

I think Williams and Moore are your best bet. McCluster vs Indy is tempting though.

Ckw
10-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Well, it's man-up Monday and I shoulda started Rivers. I guess that Bengal defense is legit.

Yeah man, Rivers is a top 5 NFL QB. You start him every week no questions asked IMO.

dc_txtech
10-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Yeah man, Rivers is a top 5 NFL QB. You start him every week no questions asked IMO.

I love Rivers, I've had him on my teams for years but it's tough to keep starting him when he is currently sitting right behind Tarvaris Jackson and Alex Smith in fantasy points.

He has 5 TD's and 6 INT's right now and that's against an extremely soft pass defense schedule. The teams he has played rank 17th, 28th, 30th, and 32 defending the pass.

I'm giving him the nod this week but I'm starting to wonder if something is wrong with Philip Rivers.

Ckw
10-08-2011, 05:50 PM
I love Rivers, I've had him on my teams for years but it's tough to keep starting him when he is currently sitting right behind Tarvaris Jackson and Alex Smith in fantasy points.

He has 5 TD's and 6 INT's right now and that's against an extremely soft pass defense schedule. The teams he has played rank 17th, 28th, 30th, and 32 defending the pass.

I'm giving him the nod this week but I'm starting to wonder if something is wrong with Philip Rivers.

Interesting. He has scored 23, 24, 6, and 21 points in my fantasy league. Not typical Rivers numbers, but still upper tier fantasy numbers, especially if he hadn't had such a piss poor game in week 3. I agree that his TD to INT ratio isn't what you'd typically expect out of Rivers, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate starting him when he has put up 20+ points in 3 out of 4 weeks.

Ckw
10-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Curious who I should start though. I need to pick a starter at the flex as well as WR2. Lesean McCoy and Run-DMC are locks at RB 1 & 2 and Fitz is a lock at WR1.

So here are my options for the flex and WR2:

J-Stewart vs NO
Michael Bush @ HOU (already starting McFadden so I'm leaning towards no with him)
Eric Decker vs SD
Jordy Nelson @ ATL

I could also potentially drop Aaron Hernandez (as I am feeling pretty good about OD) and sign one of Jacoby Jones, Victor Cruz, David Nelson, or Pierre Garcon.

Thoughts? Thanks!!!

Ckw
10-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Curious who I should start though. I need to pick a starter at the flex as well as WR2. Lesean McCoy and Run-DMC are locks at RB 1 & 2 and Fitz is a lock at WR1.

J-Stewart vs NO
Michael Bush @ HOU (already starting McFadden so I'm leaning towards no with him)
Eric Decker vs SD
Jordy Nelson @ ATL

I could also potentially drop Aaron Hernandez (as I am feeling pretty good about OD) and sign one of Jacoby Jones, Victor Cruz, David Nelson, or Pierre Garcon.

Thoughts? Thanks!!!

Um... Any suggestions?

playa465
10-08-2011, 11:04 PM

J-Stewart vs NO
Eric Decker vs SD
Jordy Nelson @ ATL

Thoughts? Thanks!!!

I would go J-Stewart and Jordy Nelson...Stewart is being more productive fantasy wise than DeAngelo (plus he is their receiving back); Jordy Nelson is solid but the Pack have plenty of weapons.

I'm kinda in the same boat b/c my lineup is decimated by the bye week...my choices at flex are: Nate Washington (Titans #1 receiver against the best pass defense), J-Stewart (dual threat esp if Panthers get down early and they go str8 to passing) or Thomas Jones (vs a weak run D)...what ya think

Ckw
10-09-2011, 12:06 AM
I would go J-Stewart and Jordy Nelson...Stewart is being more productive fantasy wise than DeAngelo (plus he is their receiving back); Jordy Nelson is solid but the Pack have plenty of weapons.

I'm kinda in the same boat b/c my lineup is decimated by the bye week...my choices at flex are: Nate Washington (Titans #1 receiver against the best pass defense), J-Stewart (dual threat esp if Panthers get down early and they go str8 to passing) or Thomas Jones (vs a weak run D)...what ya think

Thanks! I'm a little confused though. You say Stewart and Nelson, but then say the Pack have plenty of weapons. Still think I should start Nelson or should I start Decker?

For you, it's no question IMO. Definitely start Nate and J-Stew.

And yes, bye weeks suck for fantasy!

Dutchrudder
10-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Welp, Matt Ryan is killing me. My backup QB is Andy Dalton, who actually did better this week, but only by 5 points. This sucks, lost my first game today by 8 points. Had I started the Bills Defense, I would have won... :(

dc_txtech
10-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Interesting. He has scored 23, 24, 6, and 21 points in my fantasy league. Not typical Rivers numbers, but still upper tier fantasy numbers, especially if he hadn't had such a piss poor game in week 3. I agree that his TD to INT ratio isn't what you'd typically expect out of Rivers, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate starting him when he has put up 20+ points in 3 out of 4 weeks.

I only get a point per 50 yards passing and no 300 yard bonus so TDs are a lot more important in my setting but yeah I'm gonna keep rolling with Rivers.

Um... Any suggestions?

Sorry man didn't see it in time.

b0ng
10-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Here's a conundrum for you:

Owen Daniels @BAL
or
Vernon Davis vsDET?

Detroit has actually let TE's score on them somewhat this year, and I don't know what to think of Baltimore, or Joel Dreesen having a 100 yard game while Owen Daniels is perfectly healthy.

Also I have 3 RB's and 2 spots. I have no idea:

LeGarrett Blount vsNO
Joseph Addai @CIN
Stephen Jackson @GB

Probably should wait and see if Addai and Blount are even playing in their game, but the best RB left on the waiver wire is Kendall Hunter, then Isaac Redman, then Ryan Torain.

Dutchrudder
10-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Here's a conundrum for you:

Owen Daniels @BAL
or
Vernon Davis vsDET?

Detroit has actually let TE's score on them somewhat this year, and I don't know what to think of Baltimore, or Joel Dreesen having a 100 yard game while Owen Daniels is perfectly healthy.

Also I have 3 RB's and 2 spots. I have no idea:

LeGarrett Blount vsNO
Joseph Addai @CIN
Stephen Jackson @GB

Probably should wait and see if Addai and Blount are even playing in their game, but the best RB left on the waiver wire is Kendall Hunter, then Isaac Redman, then Ryan Torain.

Not a bad deal with the TE's, but I would go with VD on this one. More likely to get points given the matchup for the Texans. Either one should be fine though, just a matter of betting on who will get the ball more.

I hear Blount is doubtful, Addai probably isn't worth it. If SJax is back, I think he may be OK. If it comes to picking off the wire, I would go with Torrain as I think he has the most upside of the bunch.

Blake
10-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Not a bad deal with the TE's, but I would go with VD on this one. More likely to get points given the matchup for the Texans. Either one should be fine though, just a matter of betting on who will get the ball more.

I hear Blount is doubtful, Addai probably isn't worth it. If SJax is back, I think he may be OK. If it comes to picking off the wire, I would go with Torrain as I think he has the most upside of the bunch.

I agree 100%. Dont be surprised if you pick wrong on the TE's but its not a bad problem to have. Torrain looks like the starter "for now". Addai, is he even starting? Blount I hear is injured. Plan on being without both those guys. go with Jackson and Torrain.

Or grab Blount and Addai's backup as they will get the bulk of the load. But Washington is playing the Eagles and they plan old suck on defense. Yeah they have nice corners, but who are their linebackers? And their Dline?

Dutchrudder
10-12-2011, 04:38 PM
My QBs have been terrible in this league and it cost me my first game this week. So, I'm stuck with some mediocre QBs to pick from:

Andy Dalton against Indy
Matt Ryan against Carolina

Or on the wire I can get:
Curtis Painter @ Cincy

Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards Dalton this week. Ryan has been killing me.

Blake
10-12-2011, 04:50 PM
My QBs have been terrible in this league and it cost me my first game this week. So, I'm stuck with some mediocre QBs to pick from:

Andy Dalton against Indy
Matt Ryan against Carolina

Or on the wire I can get:
Curtis Painter @ Cincy

Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards Dalton this week. Ryan has been killing me.

I would grab Painter. I did in one league that I am light at QB. He has scored 17 and 19 points. He seems to know the system and has 614 yards with 4TD's 0 INT's.

I also like Tebow. I know he is on a bye, but if he runs in a TD each week he might have some upside to him ala Cam Newton. Matt Ryan has been a total bust this year. I would consider dropping him. Its not like he is missing any weapons. They added Jones and he has just been awful.

Basically I would drop Ryan before I dropped Dalton. Dalton and AJ green seem to have a love connection going on.

Dutchrudder
10-12-2011, 04:55 PM
I would grab Painter. I did in one league that I am light at QB. He has scored 17 and 19 points. He seems to know the system and has 614 yards with 4TD's 0 INT's.

I also like Tebow. I know he is on a bye, but if he runs in a TD each week he might have some upside to him ala Cam Newton. Matt Ryan has been a total bust this year. I would consider dropping him. Its not like he is missing any weapons. They added Jones and he has just been awful.

Basically I would drop Ryan before I dropped Dalton. Dalton and AJ green seem to have a love connection going on.

I'm still holding on to Reggie Bush for some reason, so I could drop him for Painter. Cincy seems to have a good defense, so I would probably want to start Dalton this week anyways. But Dalton's bye is week 7, and Painter plays @NO that week and Ryan is @Det.

I dunno, I hate having guys like this where neither is really a good option. I may just have to stash Painter anyways. Tebow is off the wire btw.

JCTexan
10-13-2011, 12:13 AM
I have a feeling Torain is going to go off this week against Philly but I'm sure it's not worth benching Fred Jackson, Michael Turner or Matt Forte for?

Also who should I go with at QB:

Matt Ryan vs. Carolina

Joe Flacco vs. Houston

Alex Smith @ Detroit ?

TexanSam
10-13-2011, 01:30 AM
I can't decide between Frank Gore or Darren Sproles. Sproles has been solid all season long but it looks like Gore may finally be turning it around with two straight 100+ games. Leaning towards Sproles since he's been consistent.

Blake
10-13-2011, 08:45 AM
I'm still holding on to Reggie Bush for some reason, so I could drop him for Painter. Cincy seems to have a good defense, so I would probably want to start Dalton this week anyways. But Dalton's bye is week 7, and Painter plays @NO that week and Ryan is @Det.

I dunno, I hate having guys like this where neither is really a good option. I may just have to stash Painter anyways. Tebow is off the wire btw.

If its a PPR Reggie Bush still has some potential value. If it is not then I would drop Bush. I think Painter and Dalton are = plays this week. Since its in Cincy the edge might go to Dalton.

Blake
10-13-2011, 08:49 AM
I have a feeling Torain is going to go off this week against Philly but I'm sure it's not worth benching Fred Jackson, Michael Turner or Matt Forte for?

Also who should I go with at QB:

Matt Ryan vs. Carolina

Joe Flacco vs. Houston

Alex Smith @ Detroit ?

Jackson and Forte are must starts. You could make the case for both Turner or Torain. If you have a good feeling about Torain then go with it.

I would stay away from Ryan. What has he done to make you think he will do well this week? Alex Smith is on the road against a good defense. Joe Flacco makes the most sense. He is at home. Texans lost Williams. They have a good running game to keep our D honest. I think the play is Joe Flacco.

Blake
10-13-2011, 08:51 AM
I can't decide between Frank Gore or Darren Sproles. Sproles has been solid all season long but it looks like Gore may finally be turning it around with two straight 100+ games. Leaning towards Sproles since he's been consistent.

Gore is the feature back. Sproles while solid, is part of a 3 headed attack limiting his touches and goal line carries. Gore had 22 touches last week and that should continue. Go with Gore.

Dutchrudder
10-13-2011, 11:26 AM
If its a PPR Reggie Bush still has some potential value. If it is not then I would drop Bush. I think Painter and Dalton are = plays this week. Since its in Cincy the edge might go to Dalton.

It's PPR, but my running backs are Ray Rice, Fred Jackson, Michael Turner and Marshawn Lynch on the bench. I can afford to drop Reggie to stash Painter. Then I can just play the QB matchups each week.

One guy in our league is holding on to Newton, Romo and Colt McCoy, but I don't want to bother trading with him. I was hoping he would drop one of those guys.

Blake
10-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Painter will produce just as much as McCoy. And he isnt dropping Romo or Newton.

Dutchrudder
10-13-2011, 11:53 AM
OK, I dropped Bush for Painter. Still hanging on to Matt Ryan as well. I looked at my RB situation, and I only need 1 RB to fill in for Turner and Jackson in weeks 7 and 8. Lynch plays Cleveland and Cincy those weeks, which ought to work out nicely. Now that Henne is out for the season, I don't think Miami will have anyone worth much in fantasy going forward. Bush wasn't doing much anyways.

Ryan
10-13-2011, 12:02 PM
OK, I dropped Bush for Painter. Still hanging on to Matt Ryan as well. I looked at my RB situation, and I only need 1 RB to fill in for Turner and Jackson in weeks 7 and 8. Lynch plays Cleveland and Cincy those weeks, which ought to work out nicely. Now that Henne is out for the season, I don't think Miami will have anyone worth much in fantasy going forward. Bush wasn't doing much anyways.

Yeah i'm trying to trade Brandon Marshall for scraps right now. I don't see him doing much the rest of the year.

Blake
10-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Yeah i'm trying to trade Brandon Marshall for scraps right now. I don't see him doing much the rest of the year.

Just imagine being a Broncos fan who had Cutler, Marshall and Hillis, and now have garbage.

I think Marshalls value has gone down since Henne got injured, but who knows, maybe the new QB will throw to Marshall often.

Dutchrudder
10-17-2011, 11:27 AM
So I'm about to be 5-1 in my big money league, but this week a few interesting drops were made. Someone dropped Lagarette Blount, I'm guessing due to injury, and another guy dropped Mike Tolbert. My team is pretty solid at RB with Fred Jackson, Ray Rice, Michael Turner and Marshawn Lynch as the fill-in, but I'm always looking to get better and prevent other teams from getting better. I'm going to try to grab one of them and drop Robert Meechem who I no longer need now that Colston is back to 100%. But who's the better pickup, Blount or Tolbert?

Blake
10-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Blount is a starter. But if Matthews gets hurt Tolbert would be a nice play if healthy.

They are both bleh IMO.

Dutchrudder
10-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Blount is a starter. But if Matthews gets hurt Tolbert would be a nice play if healthy.

They are both bleh IMO.

Well, Meachem isn't going to do anything for me now that Colston is back, so I'm just looking to pad my bench. The #2 team has Ryan Matthews as his #1 back, so I'm thinking it would be a good strategic move to grab Tolbert to sabotage his team if Matthews goes down. Either way, these guys won't be starting for me unless one of my 3 RBs misses a game.

Dutchrudder
10-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Info on Blount's injury:

LeGarrette Blount is optimistically listed as doubtful to play in week six because of his knee injury. And the exact nature of that knee injury will probably keep him sidelined through the Buccaneers' bye in week eight. Sources of out Tampa reported on Thursday that Blount has a torn MCL. Such injuries usually keep players out of action for two-to-six weeks. The initial reaction has been that the team will hold Blount out through the bye and that he won't play again until week nine versus the New Orleans Saints.
http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nfl_news.cfm?news_id=3471

Looks like he's a 'wait-and-see' guy. I'll put in a request for Tolbert first, then Blount. I don't need the bench spots for anything else anyways.

Vinny
10-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Bengals are 6th vs the run after week 7. They have a good defense. Now the good news....the Browns are, well...the Browns.

ultimatepaki
10-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Info on Blount's injury:

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nfl_news.cfm?news_id=3471

Looks like he's a 'wait-and-see' guy. I'll put in a request for Tolbert first, then Blount. I don't need the bench spots for anything else anyways.

I personally would like to have blount more even if hes out till week 9. you have enough rbs to hold onto blount. can't really go wrong though.

Here are the playoff matchups (wks 14, 15, 16)
Tolbert: buf, balt, @det
Blount: @jax, dallas, @carolina

Tolbert has the better matchup in wk 14, but not a good one in 15.

Dutchrudder
10-17-2011, 07:28 PM
I personally would like to have blount more even if hes out till week 9. you have enough rbs to hold onto blount. can't really go wrong though.

Here are the playoff matchups (wks 14, 15, 16)
Tolbert: buf, balt, @det
Blount: @jax, dallas, @carolina

Tolbert has the better matchup in wk 14, but not a good one in 15.

Good point. Playoffs week 15/16 in this league, so Blount may be a tempting option those days.

Texans34Life
10-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Ok, here's a good one on who to start - Schaub or Hasselback?

Dutchrudder
10-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Ok, here's a good one on who to start - Schaub or Hasselback?

Tough choice. Given their pass defenses, they appear to be nearly equal, and both QBs have not been consistent in their production. I'd actually go with Hasselback on this one, just because he's coming off a bye week and is at home. Schaub often gets rattled in away games, so he's more likely to have a down week, especially without AJ.

Dutchrudder
10-20-2011, 03:26 PM
My conundrum for the week:

Need 2 WRs, 2 RBs and 1 Flex:

Marques Colston vs Ind
Roddy White @Det
Vincent Jackson @NYJ

Ray Rice @Jac
Michael Turner @Det
Marshawn Lynch @ Cle

At this point, I'm sitting VJax.

Texans34Life
10-20-2011, 03:42 PM

Marques Colston vs Ind
Roddy White @Det
Vincent Jackson @NYJ

Ray Rice @Jac
Michael Turner @Det
Marshawn Lynch @ Cle

Colston and White for WRs
Rice and Turner for RBs
Lynch as Flex unless you got someone else to flex

What is the rest of your roster?

Dutchrudder
10-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Colston and White for WRs
Rice and Turner for RBs
Lynch as Flex unless you got someone else to flex

What is the rest of your roster?

Rest of the roster is on bye/injured, Fred Jackson, Blount. QBs are Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton and Curtis Painter. Greg Olsen is my TE. Carrying the Pittsburgh and Tenn defenses.

JCTexan
10-20-2011, 04:35 PM
A few of my own. First at QB:

Joe Flacco @ Jac

Matt Ryan @ Det

Carson Palmer vs. KC

And at RB:

Daniel Thomas vs. Den

Ryan Torain @ Car

I'm thinking of going with Flacco & Thomas but would like other opinions?

Dutchrudder
10-20-2011, 04:52 PM

Joe Flacco @ Jac

Matt Ryan @ Det

Carson Palmer vs. KC

And at RB:

Daniel Thomas vs. Den

Ryan Torain @ Car

Flacco for sure. No reason to risk it on Ryan against Detroit, since the Lions have good QB pressure, which has ruined the Falcons this year.

If Torain gets the start, I would go with him as the Denver run D is awful. If not, you have to go with Thomas.

Texans34Life
10-20-2011, 04:58 PM

Joe Flacco @ Jac

Matt Ryan @ Det

Carson Palmer vs. KC

And at RB:

Daniel Thomas vs. Den

Ryan Torain @ Car

Flacco definitely.

Umm, reading news on Bush might be limited or out, I would go with Thomas. Not sure about Torain.

JCTexan
10-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Flacco for sure. No reason to risk it on Ryan against Detroit, since the Lions have good QB pressure, which has ruined the Falcons this year.

If Torain gets the start, I would go with him as the Denver run D is awful. If not, you have to go with Thomas.

Thomas is the one playing Denver. So does that mean I should go with Thomas regardless if Torain starts or not?

Dutchrudder
10-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Thomas is the one playing Denver. So does that mean I should go with Thomas regardless if Torain starts or not?

Oh sorry, got mixed up. Yeah, Thomas against Denver should be your best option, especially with John Beck starting for the Skins.

b0ng
10-23-2011, 02:07 AM

Marques Colston vs Ind
Roddy White @Det
Vincent Jackson @NYJ

Ray Rice @Jac
Michael Turner @Det
Marshawn Lynch @ Cle

Meh, I think the difference between VJax and Lynch might only be a point or two. You're already on the right path either way.

JCTexan
10-23-2011, 01:14 PM

Marques Colston vs Ind
Roddy White @Det
Vincent Jackson @NYJ

Ray Rice @Jac
Michael Turner @Det
Marshawn Lynch @ Cle

Hope you didn't start Lynch. Just saw an injury report (during the game) that he has a lower back injury and is not in the game.

Dutchrudder
10-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Hope you didn't start Lynch. Just saw an injury report (during the game) that he has a lower back injury and is not in the game.

Haha, yeah I did start Lynch. Although Vjax only has 1 catch for 15 yards in the first half, so it may not be a big deal after all.

JCTexan
10-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Haha, yeah I did start Lynch. Although Vjax only has 1 catch for 15 yards in the first half, so it may not be a big deal after all.

Sorry man. They had the Seattle/Cleveland game on here in Austin and I saw that report during a Texans commercial.

Texan4Ever
10-23-2011, 08:26 PM
This HAS to be the WORST fantasy football season ever! I'm in the Yahoo league where we have offense (w/ kickers and defense) as well as defensive players and my team just flat out stinks!

Peyton Manning out in the beginning, Mendenhall doing nothing and than going off when he was on the bench, Chris Johnson doing nothing, so on and so forth.

I made a mistake in trading Stafford away and getting Kolb who has done nothing himself. My QBs are now Palmer (who sucked) and Painter. :polevault:

Dutchrudder
10-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Sorry man. They had the Seattle/Cleveland game on here in Austin and I saw that report during a Texans commercial.

It's ok, I'm up by 15 right now, with Ray Rice and Billy Cundiff to go after Colston is done. The opponent has Sproles and MJD, so I think I'm in good shape.

Check that, Colston just got another TD...

Dutchrudder
10-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Tim Hightower's out for the season, Santana Moss out 5-7 weeks:

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins running back Tim Hightower is out for the season with a torn ACL in his left knee, and receiver Santana Moss will miss 5-7 weeks with a broken bone in his left hand.

The Redskins have now lost five offensive starters to significant injuries in the last two games.

Hightower's knee buckled during a third-quarter run in Sunday's 33-20 loss to Carolina.

Moss was hurt in the first half of the game. He had surgery Monday.

Washington lost tight end Chris Cooley, left tackle Trent Williams and left guard Kory Lichtensteiger in the previous week's loss to Philadelphia. Lichtensteiger is out for the season with torn knee ligaments, Cooley is sidelined indefinitely with a broken finger, and Williams is week-to-week with a sprained ankle.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7143461/redskins-lose-tim-hightower-2011-santana-moss-5-7-weeks

Blake
10-25-2011, 01:41 PM
It's ok, I'm up by 15 right now, with Ray Rice and Billy Cundiff to go after Colston is done. The opponent has Sproles and MJD, so I think I'm in good shape.

Check that, Colston just got another TD...

Did you still win this match? Rice played like shit, and Sproles did very well.

Dutchrudder
10-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Did you still win this match? Rice played like shit, and Sproles did very well.

Yeah, Colston and Sproles cancelled out at 28 points a piece, Rice and Cundiff combined for 9 points and MJD got 10, so I won by 5 taking a 6-1 record for sole possession of first place by two games :D

This week I'll drop Lynch and pick up either Murray (not likely) or Jake Ballard (possible). I need a TE for week 9 anyways, so Ballard can fill in then and be my flex this week. Hopefully I get him. Also trying to grab the Buffalo defense in place of the Titans D.

TexanSam
10-26-2011, 01:43 AM
I hate that one of my leagues only has one RB position then the RB/WR position. I have Ray Rice as my top RB along with Darren Sproles and Frank Gore. Both are going against weak opponents so it's hard to decide who to start. Leaning towards Gore.

I may just try and trade Ray Rice for a better QB than I have. The league is edited so that it's 1 point for every 10 passing yards than the usual 25, so QB's usually have a lot of points. Ryan Fitzpatrick is the guy I usually go with.

b0ng
10-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Conundrum of the day:

Start 2:

Dez Bryant @PHI
Marques Colston @STL
AJ Green @SEA

Leaning Colston and Green but Bryant has been pretty money this season as well.

Blake
11-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Bryant obviously. Has the highest ceiling.

Green has been more consistent.

Edit: Just saw this was 5 days ago...

Texans34Life
11-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Need to start 3 players from this list:

Jackson,DeSean PHI
Starks,James GB
Nelson,David BUF
Rice,Sidney SEA
Colston,Marques NO
Jackson,Steven STL

Blake
11-04-2011, 12:00 PM

Jackson,DeSean PHI
Starks,James GB
Nelson,David BUF
Rice,Sidney SEA
Colston,Marques NO
Jackson,Steven STL

Jackson, Jackson and Rice (If Healthy)

Nelson has bad matchup vs. NYJ.
Colston has bad matchup vs. Bucs.
Starks isnt getting enough carries or yards to be a viable option.

Dutchrudder
11-04-2011, 12:05 PM

Jackson,DeSean PHI
Starks,James GB
Nelson,David BUF
Rice,Sidney SEA
Colston,Marques NO
Jackson,Steven STL

I like Jackson, Jackson and Colston.

Texans34Life
11-04-2011, 12:16 PM
I like Jackson, Jackson and Colston.

That's what I was going to go with, but Rice going against that Cowgirl defense kinda kept me on the fence.

Shaft75
11-06-2011, 10:36 AM
DJ Ware or James Jones???

TexanSam
11-06-2011, 11:05 AM
DJ Ware or James Jones???

I'd start James Jones. Don't know how many carries Ware will get even with Bradshaw out. Brandon Jacobs will become the #1 back and probably get most of them.

Trying to choose between Ryan Fitzpatrick or Matt Cassel. Fitz has a chest injury and is going up against the Jets D. Cassel hasn't been spectacular this year, but he's facing the Dolphins. Leaning Cassel.

Dutchrudder
11-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Lol... I have Vincent Jackson and Willis McGahee on my bench right now. In fact, my bench is outscoring my starters at the moment. Down 103 to 95 going into tonight. I still have Ray Rice and Billy Cundiff, other guy has had all of his guys finish. I got this...

Dutchrudder
11-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Well, talk about a wealth of talent. I have some trade proposals out to drain my bench for better players like Steve Smith and AJ Green. Dunno if anything will happen, but in any case having all these great players makes it tough to pick the right ones to start... :)

Pick 2:
Roddy White vs NO
Vincent Jackson vs Oak
Marques Colston @ Atl

Pick 3:
Ray Rice @ Seattle
Fred Jackson @ Dallas
Michael Turner vs NO
Willis MacGahee @ KC
L Blount vs Texans

TexanSam
11-13-2011, 02:34 AM
I have to choose between Brandon Lloyd, Victor Cruz, and Steve Johnson for my 2nd WR spot (I have Calvin Johnson). I'm leaning Cruz because Manningham could be out for the Giants. Johnson had a good game last week though going up against Revis and the Cowboys secondary isn't nearly as good as the Jets.

What do you guys think?

texanchris
11-25-2011, 04:29 PM
With Fred Jackson going down, i have to find a new flex option. I have Donald Brown vs Car, CJ Spiller vs Jets, or Ben Tate vs Jaguars. Who would you guys choose?

beerlover
11-25-2011, 04:41 PM
With Fred Jackson going down, i have to find a new flex option. I have Donald Brown vs Car, CJ Spiller vs Jets, or Ben Tate vs Jaguars. Who would you guys choose?

I think both Ben Tate & Arian foster have a good chance to go over 100 yards + a score, that's the way I would go.

JCTexan
11-25-2011, 07:43 PM

It's between Tate & Spiller and I'm leaning toward Spiller for the simple fact that's he's starting.

Shaft75
11-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Gerhart or addai???

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Ryan Matthews vs Den
Beanie Wells vs Stl
Jonathan Stewart vs Indy
Percy Harvin v Atl

Can start two of them

JCTexan
11-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Joe Flacco @ Cleveland
Matt Ryan @ Houston
Carson Palmer @ Miami

Which one should I start?

Dutchrudder
11-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Joe Flacco @ Cleveland
Matt Ryan @ Houston
Carson Palmer @ Miami

I'd go with Flacco.

TexanSam
11-30-2011, 12:12 AM
Joe Flacco @ Cleveland
Matt Ryan @ Houston
Carson Palmer @ Miami

I'd go Flacco even though he's so inconsistent. Great game one week, crap the next. Cleveland is bad though so he should put up points.

Hardcore Texan
12-04-2011, 11:44 AM
For the flex:

Gerhart vs. Denver
Colston vs. Detroit
Deion Branch vs. Indy

TexanSam
12-04-2011, 12:19 PM
For the flex:

Gerhart vs. Denver
Colston vs. Detroit
Deion Branch vs. Indy

I'd go with Colston

Hardcore Texan
12-04-2011, 12:39 PM
I'd go with Colston

That's what I am thinking as well, normally it would be a no brainer but I need to hit big this week. Wish I would not have played Desean Jackson.....ugh, what a turd.

TexanSam
12-04-2011, 12:47 PM
That's what I am thinking as well, normally it would be a no brainer but I need to hit big this week. Wish I would not have played Desean Jackson.....ugh, what a turd.

Damn, that's a bummer. I think Colston has the best chance to score big.

Khari
12-07-2011, 07:21 PM
flex:

RB Bradshaw @ Dallas
RB Williams vs Atl
WR Torrey Smith vs Indy
TE Celek @ Miami

:gamer:

hot pickle
12-08-2011, 12:25 PM
so because of the schaub injury im stuck between flaco and alex smith... kinda on the fence on who to start this week

flaco against IND
smith against ARZ

?

Blake
12-08-2011, 03:35 PM
flex:

RB Bradshaw @ Dallas
RB Williams vs Atl
WR Torrey Smith vs Indy
TE Celek @ Miami

:gamer:

Torrey if PPR. Bradshaw if non-PPR and healthy.

so because of the schaub injury im stuck between flaco and alex smith... kinda on the fence on who to start this week

flaco against IND
smith against ARZ

?

Double gross. Coin Flip.

Blake
12-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Non-PPR

SJAX @ SEA
Felix Jones vs. NYG
Ben Tate @ CIN
Ricky Williams vs. IND

Non-PPR
Danarius Moore @ GB
James Jones vs. OAK

Dutchrudder
12-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Non-PPR

SJAX @ SEA
Felix Jones vs. NYG
Ben Tate @ CIN
Ricky Williams vs. IND

Non-PPR
Danarius Moore @ GB
James Jones vs. OAK

Sjax & Moore IMO

flaco against IND
smith against ARZ

?

Flacco, Indy has a terrible defense. Arizona sometimes shows up and plays, look at their game against the Cowboys last week.

dc_txtech
12-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Anybody know what happened to CKW?

Mr. White
12-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Non-PPR. These guys are killing me. I bench one and the other one goes off.

Jermichael Finley vs. Oakland or Aaron Hernandez vs. Washington?

Dutchrudder
12-08-2011, 06:03 PM

Vinny banned him over that Penn State thread spat. I think he deleted all of his posts too...

TexanSam
12-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Vinny banned him over that Penn State thread spat. I think he deleted all of his posts too...

Damn, what was he saying? Must have been real bad to get banned.

Dutchrudder
12-09-2011, 01:05 AM

I dunno, but it was over PMs. Apparently it's 1 strike and you're out with him. I don't even think that was the first user Vinny has banned and deleted since his heralded "return" either. There was some new guy defending Paterno in that thread that magically disappeared as well. Rule of thumb, don't talk to him if you're not a moderator.

Blake
12-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Non-PPR. These guys are killing me. I bench one and the other one goes off.

Jermichael Finley vs. Oakland or Aaron Hernandez vs. Washington?

Finley is a must start every week. Dont kill yourself over trying to figure out who will score. Just play the best player. Hernandez has been losing alot of TD looks to Gronk.

Blake
12-09-2011, 08:31 AM

I dunno, but it was over PMs. Apparently it's 1 strike and you're out with him. I don't even think that was the first user Vinny has banned and deleted since his heralded "return" either. There was some new guy defending Paterno in that thread that magically disappeared as well. Rule of thumb, don't talk to him if you're not a moderator.

Whatever. The dude was asking to get banned. Vinny gave him several chances to just drop the whole thing, but he decided that a child molestation argument was where he was going to make his final stand.

Addition by subtraction if you ask me.

Blake
12-09-2011, 08:34 AM
PPR

Beanie Wells @ SF
Maurice Morris vs. MIN

Jake Ballard @ DAL
Jermaine Gresham vs. HOU

TEXANS84
12-09-2011, 09:38 AM
HELP:

Phillip Rivers vs. Buffalo or

Cam Newton vs. Atlanta

Rivers is projected 21, Cam Newton projected 19

Blake
12-09-2011, 09:53 AM
HELP:

Phillip Rivers vs. Buffalo or

Cam Newton vs. Atlanta

Rivers is projected 21, Cam Newton projected 19

Newton. By a mile. Make that 2 miles.

TexansLucky13
12-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Hey guys I have a chance to make a late playoff push this week so I want as much input as possible. It's been a ridiculous year for me on FF dealing with injuries (Andre being the most important), but somehow I am still knocking on the door.

So I need a WR2 and WR3 for this week (WR1 is Victor Cruz who I feel is a lock). Here's what I've got.

Derrius Heyward-Bey @ Packers
Miles Austin V NYG
Santana Moss V NE
Jabar Gaffney V NE

Normally Austin would be a no brainer IMO but he is coming off his second injury... limited in practice and Questionable.

Thoughts??

Heath Shuler
12-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Pick 1 from the walking wounded:

Nate Washington (questionable) vs. NO
Miles Austin (questionable) vs. NYG
Laurent Robinson (questionable) vs. NYG

Man, Im thankful Antonio Brown went off vs. Cleveland.

Thanks all

Heath Shuler
12-10-2011, 11:36 AM
http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/start/

Khari
12-10-2011, 09:29 PM
daniels or celek @ TE :jogger:

Heath Shuler
12-11-2011, 09:14 AM
daniels or celek @ TE :jogger:

coin flip, but I would lean celek

Khari
12-11-2011, 05:54 PM
jones drew = 43.60 points :texanbill:

El Tejano
12-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Julio Jones vs. Jville or Vincent Jackson vs. Baltimore?

The1ApplePie
12-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Might need help

RBs
Willis McGahee
Reggie Bush
Ahmad Bradshaw
Felix Jones
(Run DMC and Murray going down is killing me):smiliepalm:

WR
Calvin Johnson
Dez Bryant
Julio Jones
Jordie Nelson

Need two WRs, Two RBs, and one flex

Dutchrudder
12-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Julio Jones vs. Jville or Vincent Jackson vs. Baltimore?

Tough call. I'd go with Julio Jones just because Vjax is inconsistent.

Might need help

RBs
Willis McGahee
Reggie Bush
Ahmad Bradshaw
Felix Jones
(Run DMC and Murray going down is killing me):smiliepalm:

WR
Calvin Johnson
Dez Bryant
Julio Jones
Jordie Nelson

Need two WRs, Two RBs, and one flex

Ughhh, your RBs are tough. I bolded who I would use assuming PPR.

Edit: changed McGahee to Jones. I think he'll do better.

Dutchrudder
12-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Team 1:
QB:
Matt Ryan vs Jax
Andy Dalton @ St Louis

Pick 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 flex:
Colston @Min
AJ Green @STL
Roddy White vs Jax
Laurent Robinson @ TB

Ray Rice @ SD
Michael Turner vs Jax
CJ Spiller vs Miami

Team 2:
QB:
Eli Manning vs Wash
Matt Stafford @ Oakland

Pick 3 of these guys:
Aq Boldin @SD
Laurent Robinson @ TB
Santonio Holmes @ Philly
Desean Jackson vs NYJ
Aaron Hernendez @ Denver

Say Watt
12-15-2011, 12:37 PM

Thanks for asking dc. This is my new name. Everything worked out with Vinny. He deleted my entire account because he got mad over some things that were said in private messages. It really didn't have to do with the Sandusky thread. Vinny felt the need to protect his mods (understandably) and handled things the wrong way, IMO, but we are totally cool now. Just sucks I lost all my 5,000 plus rep points, but whatever.

Whatever. The dude was asking to get banned. Vinny gave him several chances to just drop the whole thing, but he decided that a child molestation argument was where he was going to make his final stand.

Funny you seem to know so much about the situation without ever having seen what actually went on in the private messages that led to my account being deleted.

Addition by subtraction if you ask me.

You aren't worth my time.

:mariopalm:

Say Watt
12-15-2011, 12:45 PM
On topic, I won week 1 of my fantasy playoffs 189.5 to 88. Definitely my biggest victory I have ever had. MJD dominated, Ray Rice had a very good game, Michael Bush did ok, Larry Fitz had a monster 2nd half, and Hakeem Nicks did well too. Oh and 18 points from the Seattle D and 25+ from Cam Newton.

infantrycak
12-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Folks knock off the insults and banter about folks going on time out or being banned. It isn't productive and is off-topic. Step away and move on.

Blake
12-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Non-PPR.

James Jones @ KC
Denarius Moore vs. DET
DeSean Jackson vs. NYJ

Leaning towards James Jones with Jennings being out, and Jackson unreliable.

Mr. White
12-16-2011, 09:54 AM
QB quandry. Need a guy to get me to the championship next week.

Newton @ Texans (horrible matchup)
Roethlisberger @ 49ers (injuries)
Tebow vs. Patriots

Leaning towards Tebow.

El Tejano
12-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Ok. Jones over VJax was a good decision. got 15.10 out of him.

But now I'm wondering if I should go with Brandon Marshall @ Buffalo or VJax vs. Baltimore.

Say Watt
12-16-2011, 12:09 PM

Tebow vs. Patriots

Leaning towards Tebow.

I have Newton as well but am going to start Tebow. Great matchup for him and a bad matchup for Cam.

But now I'm wondering if I should go with Brandon Marshall @ Buffalo or VJax vs. Baltimore.

I'd go Brandon Marshall.

Say Watt
12-16-2011, 12:14 PM
I am having difficulty deciding who to start as well. Basically, I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex. MJD has already played so really my decision just comes down to my flex and two WRs.

Here are my options:

Michael Bush vs DET
Larry Fitzgerald vs CLE
Hakeem Nicks vs WSH
Jordy Nelson @ KC

I am leaning Michael Bush (I always prefer to start RBs over WRs in the flex if at all possible), Fitz, and Nicks but with Jennings down, Nelson is very enticing.

Thoughts?

Hardcore Texan
12-16-2011, 12:39 PM
I am having difficulty deciding who to start as well. Basically, I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex. MJD has already played so really my decision just comes down to my flex and two WRs.

Here are my options:

Michael Bush vs DET
Larry Fitzgerald vs CLE
Hakeem Nicks vs WSH
Jordy Nelson @ KC

I am leaning Michael Bush (I always prefer to start RBs over WRs in the flex if at all possible), Fitz, and Nicks but with Jennings down, Nelson is very enticing.

Thoughts?

I have had Nelson all season, he is very solid. I think his stock rises even more with Jennings going down. You can only play one of those players in the flex you listed? Or how many spots?

Here's my dilema,

Need 2 RB's, 2 WR's, and a Flex, here's my team with my current choices:

Michael Bush - starting RB
Ray Rice - starting RB
Steven Jackson - flex
Brandon Jacobs - bench

Jordy Nelson - starting WR
Wes Welker - starting WR
Miles Austin - bench

Basically I am torn between Steven Jackson, Bradon Jacobs, and Miles Austin in the flex spot. I can make a case for each of them. This is not a PPR league so I am leaning towards a RB for that reason.

Thoughts?

Dutchrudder
12-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Non-PPR.

James Jones @ KC
Denarius Moore vs. DET
DeSean Jackson vs. NYJ

Leaning towards James Jones with Jennings being out, and Jackson unreliable.

I like Jones now that Jennings is out. Is Moore even healthy enough to play? I thought he missed the last few weeks.

Tebow vs. Patriots

Leaning towards Tebow.

I'd go Tebow too. NE defense is awful, he will get yards one way or another, and he doesn't make many turnovers. I like Newton a lot, but he has has some bad games against good defenses this year. The Titans shut him down just a couple weeks ago.

B Marsh sounds like the best option. He's been good the past few weeks and Buffalo is in decline. VJax is the high risk - high reward play though. Are you a gambling man? :)

Dutchrudder
12-16-2011, 03:40 PM

Here are my options:

Michael Bush vs DET
Larry Fitzgerald vs CLE
Hakeem Nicks vs WSH
Jordy Nelson @ KC

Thoughts?

If I'm reading you right, you need to sit one of those 4 guys. I think Nicks and Nelson are must starts this week. The matchups are just too good and Rodgers is playing lights out, no Jennings may help too. If McFadden is still out, I'd go with Bush over Fitz. I know that might sound crazy, but Fitz hasn't been consistent at all this year, and the other WRs you have are on hot streaks.

I have had Nelson all season, he is very solid. I think his stock rises even more with Jennings going down. You can only play one of those players in the flex you listed? Or how many spots?

Here's my dilema,

Ray Rice - starting RB
Steven Jackson - flex
Brandon Jacobs - bench

Wes Welker - starting WR
Miles Austin - bench

Basically I am torn between Steven Jackson, Bradon Jacobs, and Miles Austin in the flex spot. I can make a case for each of them. This is not a PPR league so I am leaning towards a RB for that reason.

Thoughts?

I like your setup as it is. No need to swap anyone around, Austin isn't back to 100%, Jacobs isn't consistent and Bradshaw should be back this week. Plus the Redskins aren't terrible at defense.

Say Watt
12-16-2011, 03:53 PM

Yep. Need to choose 3 of the 4 guys I listed. Two WRs and 1 flex. Sorry my post was so confusing. I didn't even realize MJD had already played until I started writing my post so I started off thinking I was going to list all my RBs and WRs and see who you guys recommended.

Here's my dilema,

Ray Rice - starting RB
Steven Jackson - flex
Brandon Jacobs - bench

Wes Welker - starting WR
Miles Austin - bench

Thoughts?

I'd go RB. Start Steven Jackson. Who is he playing against?

And I thought Austin was hurt?

If I'm reading you right, you need to sit one of those 4 guys. I think Nicks and Nelson are must starts this week. The matchups are just too good and Rodgers is playing lights out, no Jennings may help too. If McFadden is still out, I'd go with Bush over Fitz. I know that might sound crazy, but Fitz hasn't been consistent at all this year, and the other WRs you have are on hot streaks.

You read it right. Yeah, I have been a fool to not start Nelson more, but Fitz has had some huge weeks. He actually has been pretty consistent. It's just a lot of games he gets me 7-12 points (.5 PPR) whereas Nelson has gotten more yardage (I think) and TDs but less receptions. I am leaning Nelson and Nicks but since I am basically guaranteed to win round 1 of my playoffs (I won by over 100 last week), I may leave things as is and see how much usage Nelson gets with Jennings gone. Without Jennings to take some heat off Nelson, I just wonder if he will be as dominant.

texanchris
12-17-2011, 08:28 AM
1 spot left open
Cj Spiller vs Mia
Laurent Robinson vs TB
Jabar Gaffney vs NYG
also would you guys start Houston defense vs Car or titans defense vs colts?

Khari
12-17-2011, 09:44 PM
smith @ SD
bradshaw vs Wash

@ Flex

Mr. White
12-17-2011, 10:20 PM
smith @ SD
bradshaw vs Wash

@ Flex

I just ran it on FantasyPros. They say Bradshaw even though he has shown zero since he came back from his injury. I'd be afraid to start Smith since the Bolts are hot and the Ravens are a different team on the road.

I guess Torrey Smith is the lesser of 2 evils but you might want to check the waiver wire.

playa465
12-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Select 2 of 3 RBs:
Reggie Bush (Dolphins) vs Buffalo
Darren Sproles (Saints) vs Minnesota
Willis McGahee (Broncos) vs New England

Select 1 WR:
Stevie Johnson (Bills) vs Miami
James Jones (Packers) vs Kansas City

Dutchrudder
12-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Made it to the Super Bowl in 3 of 4 leagues! :doot:

(assuming the SF defense doesn't get 46 points)

:trophy::trophy::trophy:

El Tejano
12-19-2011, 10:08 AM
I went with Marshall. I'm currently up by 32 but my opponent has Frank Gore playing tonight. Think I'll win? A win here puts me in the championship.

Dutchrudder
12-19-2011, 10:55 AM
I went with Marshall. I'm currently up by 32 but my opponent has Frank Gore playing tonight. Think I'll win? A win here puts me in the championship.

Unless you have wacky scoring like 10 points per TD, I think you're fine. Gore didn't even get that many carries last week. He had 10 and Hunter had 8. 0 receptions. Should be an easy win.

The1ApplePie
12-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Leading by 80 points (thanks Megatron and Reggie) while my opponent has a kicker and San Fran's defense left.

I think I'm safe

El Tejano
12-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Unless you have wacky scoring like 10 points per TD, I think you're fine. Gore didn't even get that many carries last week. He had 10 and Hunter had 8. 0 receptions. Should be an easy win.

I hope so. I'm the only Texan fan in that league and it's going to be real nice to not only have my favorite team in the playoffs, but to beat all those cowboy fans in their fantasy league after only my 3rd year of even playing fantasy football.

Playoffs
12-19-2011, 04:57 PM
First Week 16 rankings: http://www.fantasy-info.com/2011/12/week-16-qb-rankings-2011-fantasy-football/

El Tejano
12-20-2011, 02:49 PM
I made it to the SHIP. Here are my players. Who do you think I should start?

QBs

Drew Brees vs ATL
Matt Hasselbeck vs. Jville
Matt Moore @ New England

RBs
Ray Rice vs. Cleveland
Beanie Wells @ Cincy
Ben Tate @ Indy

WRs
Jordy Nelson vs. Chicago
Julio Jones @ New Orleans
Brandon Marshall @ New England
Jabar Gaffney vs. Minnesota
Vincent Jackson @ Detroit

TEs
Jimmy Graham vs. ATL
Greg Olsen vs. TB

Oh I also have Matt Bryant for my kicker and Chicagos D. Haven't replaced my D all year but Chicago plays Green Bay. Should I make a switch?

Dutchrudder
12-20-2011, 03:10 PM
I made it to the SHIP. Here are my players. Who do you think I should start?

QBs

Drew Brees vs ATL
Matt Hasselbeck vs. Jville
Matt Moore @ New England

RBs
Ray Rice vs. Cleveland
Beanie Wells @ Cincy
Ben Tate @ Indy

WRs
Jordy Nelson vs. Chicago
Julio Jones @ New Orleans
Brandon Marshall @ New England
Jabar Gaffney vs. Minnesota
Vincent Jackson @ Detroit

TEs
Jimmy Graham vs. ATL
Greg Olsen vs. TB

Oh I also have Matt Bryant for my kicker and Chicagos D. Haven't replaced my D all year but Chicago plays Green Bay. Should I make a switch?

Bolded assuming your lineup is that way.

El Tejano
12-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Bolded assuming your lineup is that way.

Why no Jordy Nelson?

Dutchrudder
12-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Why no Jordy Nelson?

After last week against the Chiefs? That was a baaaaaaaaaad game for them...

The Packers might not even need to win that game or next week. They hold the tiebreaker over the Saints for #1 seed, they didn't play SF so that goes to SOV. The Packers schedule is almost guaranteed to be stronger than SF, so even if they lose out from here they probably still get the #1 seed in the NFC. I don't expect Rodgers to play much if that is the case, probably sit Nelson, Driver and Finley too. No reason to risk guys on meaningless games. Plus the Bears are still in the Wild Card hunt, their defense will be playing like the game matters. I'd avoid Packers this week if possible.

Nawzer
12-20-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm in the championship game in my fantasy league and I need help deciding which running back to start: Steven Jackson (vs. Steelers) or C.J. Spiller (vs. Denver). Spiller has been playing well and had a big game last week in terms of fantasy points. Steven Jackson has been reliable but he goes up against the Steelers defense. Thanks in advance for any insight you guys might be able to provide!

Dutchrudder
12-20-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm in the championship game of in my fantasy league and I need help deciding which running back to start: Steven Jackson (vs. Steelers) or C.J. Spiller (vs. Denver). Spiller has been playing well and had a big game last week in terms of fantasy points. Steven Jackson has been reliable but he goes up against the Steelers defense. Thanks in advance for any insight you guys might be able to provide!

If it's PPR, CJ is certainly the better choice. I'm starting him over Michael Turner in one of my PPR leagues. He was the focus of the offense, and even when the Bills were down 2 score he got a lot of catches. Denver's D is good, but I don't think they will shut him down.

Nawzer
12-20-2011, 07:43 PM
If it's PPR, CJ is certainly the better choice. I'm starting him over Michael Turner in one of my PPR leagues. He was the focus of the offense, and even when the Bills were down 2 score he got a lot of catches. Denver's D is good, but I don't think they will shut him down.

I'm sorry but I don't know what PPR stands for. But either way, I'm leaning towards C.J. myself. Thanks for the input.

Hardcore Texan
12-20-2011, 08:32 PM
I lost by 1 point to a guy I beat the division out for, I was 11-3, he was 10-4. I should have started Miles Austin and I would have won, Nelson and Welker were huge let downs.

El Tejano
12-22-2011, 11:44 AM
After last week against the Chiefs? That was a baaaaaaaaaad game for them...

The Packers might not even need to win that game or next week. They hold the tiebreaker over the Saints for #1 seed, they didn't play SF so that goes to SOV. The Packers schedule is almost guaranteed to be stronger than SF, so even if they lose out from here they probably still get the #1 seed in the NFC. I don't expect Rodgers to play much if that is the case, probably sit Nelson, Driver and Finley too. No reason to risk guys on meaningless games. Plus the Bears are still in the Wild Card hunt, their defense will be playing like the game matters. I'd avoid Packers this week if possible.

Beanie Wells was limite practice but they think he will still play Sunday
Vincent Jackson didn't practice but they think he will play Sunday.
Brandon Marshall has a knee problem, didn't practice and there are only 4 people on their injury list including him. WOnder if he's gonna play.

Dutchrudder
12-22-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm sorry but I don't know what PPR stands for. But either way, I'm leaning towards C.J. myself. Thanks for the input.

PPR = Point Per Reception. Which means that if a player makes a catch/reception he gets a point. It inflates WRs and TEs stats and makes them more competitive since they typically don't get as many opportunities to get yards as RBs do. Also makes pass catching RBs like Sproles, Bush and Foster much more valuable.