PDA

View Full Version : The "Who should I start" thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Say Watt
12-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Alright guys I'm in the championship game and need help on who to start. At RB, Ray Rice is a definite. But I am trying to decide if I should still start Michael Bush or give CJ Spiller a shot.

I also can start Spiller at WR if you think I should definitely keep Bush in at the flex. My WRs are pretty good too though. I have Larry Fitzgerald, Hakeem Nicks, and Jordy Nelson.

So basically here are my choices:

RB1: Ray Rice (definite starter)
RB2: MJD
Flex: Michael Bush or CJ Spiller
WR: Larry Fitz, Hakeem Nicks, Jordy Nelson, CJ Spiller (pick 2)

Thanks!!!!! Oh and it is a .5 PPR.

El Tejano
12-27-2011, 08:06 AM
I WON!!!!! This is only my 3rd year of doing Fantasy and I won the whole thing. Pretty happy about that. $$$$$

Nawzer
12-27-2011, 11:19 AM
I won my league championship last night after the Saints beat the Falcons. The other guy had Brees starting so I was a bit worried, but I was so far ahead of him that by the end I beat him by 50 points. It was a remarkable year for me because I drafted 3 QB's in my league's draft. I got Stafford first, Schaub second, and in the second to last round I decided to take a flyer on Cam Newton. Boy did that ever pay off! I never started Schaub or Stafford and Newton carried my team and I think he'll be the consensus no.1 pick in most leagues next year. I also picked up some guys off the waiver wire that played a huge role. Guys like Victor Cruz, Julio Jones, and C.J. Spiller helped me out a lot. I finished the regular season 7-4 but was on a 3 game winning streak going into the playoffs. I was the no.3 seed and knocked off the no.2 seed and proceeded to win the whole thing.

JCTexan
09-07-2012, 05:15 PM
I guess I'll get this started for this season:

Which two should I start?

Marshawn Lynch @ Arizona
Frank Gore @ Green Bay
Ben Tate vs. Miami

Lynch is listed as 'questionable' against Arizona, so I'm leaning at starting Tate for the early game then deciding between Gore/Lynch for the late game (depending on if Lynch is starting). Thoughts?

Playoffs
09-07-2012, 05:37 PM

Which two should I start? Need your scoring system: basic, performance, or performance PPR?

JCTexan
09-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Need your scoring system: basic, performance, or performance PPR?

A point for every ten yards, six for a TD.

The Pencil Neck
09-07-2012, 06:46 PM

Marshawn Lynch @ Arizona
Frank Gore @ Green Bay
Ben Tate vs. Miami

Lynch is listed as 'questionable' against Arizona, so I'm leaning at starting Tate for the early game then deciding between Gore/Lynch for the late game (depending on if Lynch is starting). Thoughts?

Depends on Foster for me. If he's a go, then I'd go with Gore. If there's any doubt about him -- and Kubes might hold him out just as a precautionary measure -- then I'd go with Tate.

With Gore it could get to be a shoot out and if that happens, SF might have to abandon the running game. But no matter what happens, you know Kubes is going to keep feeding the RB.

JCTexan
09-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Depends on Foster for me. If he's a go, then I'd go with Gore. If there's any doubt about him -- and Kubes might hold him out just as a precautionary measure -- then I'd go with Tate.

With Gore it could get to be a shoot out and if that happens, SF might have to abandon the running game. But no matter what happens, you know Kubes is going to keep feeding the RB.

I'm thinking the same thing, which is why I'm leaning at starting Tate then going from there. Even if Foster starts Tate should still get plenty of carries and that SF-GB game could easily end up being a shootout.

Lucky
09-07-2012, 11:55 PM

Marshawn Lynch @ Arizona
Frank Gore @ Green Bay
Ben Tate vs. Miami

I would bench Lynch, who has always struggled vs the Cards. The Niners will try to control the ball vs the Pack, so Gore should get plenty of carries. Even if Foster is a go, Kubiak will give Tate his share of touches.

Joeycharp89
09-07-2012, 11:59 PM
How about this. Standard scoring league, who should I have in my flex spot?

Pierre Garcon, or Kendall Wright? I've heard Garcon has developed a decent connection with RGIII. RGIII is untested, but I'd say the same of Jake Locker. The two things that have me leaning to Garcon is that Wright is a rookie, and he's still behind Laurent Robinson (I believe).

Playoffs
09-08-2012, 09:23 AM

Marshawn Lynch @ Arizona
Frank Gore @ Green Bay
Ben Tate vs. Miami
Looking like Turbin will get the bulk of the carries, so Gore & Tate.

How about this. Standard scoring league, who should I have in my flex spot?

Pierre Garcon, or Kendall Wright?I have Garon ranked higher.

potisyourfriend
09-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Standard league scoring

I have Doug Martin and Steven Jackson starting but what about Shonn Greene over Martin?

Playoffs
09-08-2012, 09:35 AM
I have Doug Martin and Steven Jackson starting but what about Shonn Greene over Martin?
I like Martin/Jackson. Have to wonder if Tebow will steal goal line touches from Green. We'll see.

Scooter
09-08-2012, 08:06 PM
peyton manning vs steelers defense (minus clark)
or
joe flacco vs cincinnati

i'm leaning manning because, well it's peyton manning. i also hate qb's against opponents within their division. then again, flacco has looked really good this preseason, especially with the hurry up offense, and i'm betting harbaugh wants to lean on flacco as much as possible early on to build him up this season.

The Pencil Neck
09-08-2012, 09:09 PM
peyton manning vs steelers defense (minus clark)
or
joe flacco vs cincinnati

i'm leaning manning because, well it's peyton manning. i also hate qb's against opponents within their division. then again, flacco has looked really good this preseason, especially with the hurry up offense, and i'm betting harbaugh wants to lean on flacco as much as possible early on to build him up this season.

That's a tough call. Flacco had a passer rating over 100 last year against the Bengals and threw 3 TDs to 1 INT but only a total of 400 yards in two games. OTOH, I think that last game was a gimme game and he didn't play much. I wouldn't be surprised if Flacco lights them up.... OTOH, he's going to be throwing a pass or two at Jacoby Jones. So. There you go.

Peyton? He scares me. If it's the old Peyton, then hell yeah. But it's not the old Peyton and these aren't his old receivers and this isn't his old offense. OTOH, he's going to be throwing a pass or two at Joel Dreessen. So. There you go.

I'd go Peyton.

TdotTexas2Step
09-08-2012, 09:55 PM
I have Foster and Stephen Jackson right now as my two starting RBs for tomorrow. Standard scoring settings.

I have a slot open, and have narrowed it down to Darren Sproles or Ben Tate. Sproles is heralded as a solid flex starter mostly because of the amount of targets he gets a game, but I'm worried about how much rust he'll have since he didn't play in the preseason. Tate has the potential to rack up pts tomorrow if Foster is given maybe the 2nd half off.

:kitten:

gtexan02
09-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Adrian Peterson or Stevan Ridley?

gtexan02
09-08-2012, 11:11 PM
I have Foster and Stephen Jackson right now as my two starting RBs for tomorrow. Standard scoring settings.

I have a slot open, and have narrowed it down to Darren Sproles or Ben Tate. Sproles is heralded as a solid flex starter mostly because of the amount of targets he gets a game, but I'm worried about how much rust he'll have since he didn't play in the preseason. Tate has the potential to rack up pts tomorrow if Foster is given maybe the 2nd half off.

:kitten:

If it was PPR, I'd 100% go with Sproles. Since its a standard league I tjink Id run with Tate. Great RBs btw

Mr. White
09-08-2012, 11:50 PM

I'd watch the lineups right up until kickoff. If AD doesn't get held out, then I'd play him. He's had time to heal that knee, so I think this might be gamesmanship.

I'd keep Ridley on "stash" status until I see him get steady carries.

The Pencil Neck
09-09-2012, 01:31 AM

I'd wait on that decision until just before game time. I've got Peterson in one of my leagues (with Tate) and I'm waiting to see if I need to move Tate up into that RB spot (depending on Foster and Peterson's final status tomorrow.)

Joeycharp89
09-09-2012, 01:46 AM
That's a tough call. Flacco had a passer rating over 100 last year against the Bengals and threw 3 TDs to 1 INT but only a total of 400 yards in two games. OTOH, I think that last game was a gimme game and he didn't play much. I wouldn't be surprised if Flacco lights them up.... OTOH, he's going to be throwing a pass or two at Jacoby Jones. So. There you go.

Peyton? He scares me. If it's the old Peyton, then hell yeah. But it's not the old Peyton and these aren't his old receivers and this isn't his old offense. OTOH, he's going to be throwing a pass or two at Joel Dreessen. So. There you go.

I'd go Peyton.

They dropped Jones, and if Flacco is a good call over Peyton any week they play the Bengals, or any team with a soft secondary. Him and Torrey Smith have the potential to burn that secondary.

steelbtexan
09-09-2012, 04:38 AM

Ridley

The Tacks DL is hurting.

Most RB's take a full yr to recover from an ACL and AD blew out both his ACL/MCL. In short AD has to prove he's healthy to me.

Dishman
09-09-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm trying to figure out who is my 2nd RB today. I've got MJD vs. Minnesota and Helu vs. New Orelans.

Helu is probably 2nd on the depth chart, but it's been tough trying to get a read on how much time he'll see with the 3 backs theyve got.

MJD won't get the start today coming off his holdout, but I was thinking he probably gets at least as many touches as Helu and is the better player. I had Helu penciled in and finally caved and swap him for MJD last night.

Thoughts?

Farough
09-09-2012, 09:49 AM
I'm trying to figure out who is my 2nd RB today. I've got MJD vs. Minnesota and Helu vs. New Orelans.

Helu is probably 2nd on the depth chart, but it's been tough trying to get a read on how much time he'll see with the 3 backs theyve got.

MJD won't get the start today coming off his holdout, but I was thinking he probably gets at least as many touches as Helu and is the better player. I had Helu penciled in and finally caved and swap him for MJD last night.

Thoughts?

Everything I've read is that Jennings is going to get the bulk of the carries but MJD will be the 3rd down back, if its PPR you might still get enough value out of starting him.

Scooter
09-09-2012, 09:49 AM
i like MJD. helu is in a mixed backfield with royster and the other guy (drawing a blank), so there's no telling how many touches he'll see until shanahan makes a decision. MJD on the other hand will probably get more touches if the game's close or they fall behind, and will likely be in on long situations for easy yardage.

gtexan02
09-09-2012, 09:31 PM

Wish I had started both!

SCOTTexans
09-11-2012, 12:00 PM
A Non-PPR league. I need to start 2. Which ones do you think should get the spot

Steven Jackson VS Washington
Reggie Bush VS Raiders
Ryan Mathews VS Titans
CJ Spiller VS Chiefs

:thinking:

Joeycharp89
09-11-2012, 03:38 PM
A Non-PPR league. I need to start 2. Which ones do you think should get the spot

Reggie Bush VS Raiders
Ryan Mathews VS Titans
CJ Spiller VS Chiefs

It would be hard to go wrong with any of them. Though if I had to narrow it down, I would drop Bush against a pretty good Raiders defense, and drop Ryan Matthews who is coming off of injury in a pass heavy offense. Jackson is reliable, but if RG3 performs like he did last week I'd expect to see the Rams playing from behind and being forced to pass the ball plenty.

So I guess my money would be on Spiller granted Freddy is on the bench.

My question: I have Marshawn Lynch @ DAL, CJ2K @ SD and Stevan Ridley @ ARI and I'm deciding which 2 to start (my RB1 is Matt Forte @ GB so he's staying in for sure).

dc_txtech
09-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Wish I had started both!

If it makes you feel better I decided to bench Peterson for Deangelo freakin Williams. Also pulled Garcon at the last minute.

:toropalm:

JCTexan
09-11-2012, 03:55 PM

Reggie Bush VS Raiders
Ryan Mathews VS Titans
CJ Spiller VS Chiefs

I would go with Jackson & Spiller. With Fred Jackson being out over a month Spiller should get plenty of carries. Ryan Mathews' status for the upcoming game is uncertain right now. If he plays I would question him getting the bulk of the carries for SD.

My question: I have Marshawn Lynch @ DAL, CJ2K @ SD and Stevan Ridley @ ARI and I'm deciding which 2 to start (my RB1 is Matt Forte @ GB so he's staying in for sure).

Patriots should have a huge lead so Ridley is tempting, but I would lean towards Lynch.

TexanSam
09-11-2012, 04:01 PM
For the WR/RB flex position should I start Michael Turner, Reggie Wayne, Percy Harvin or Malcom Floyd? Fitzgerald and Eric Decker are my two starting WRs.

SCOTTexans
09-11-2012, 04:33 PM

You pretty much have to play Ridley.. From what he did last week against the Titans 125 yrd and a score. He will blow the cardinals out of the sky... Pun intended.... :hunter:

SCOTTexans
09-11-2012, 04:48 PM
For the WR/RB flex position should I start Michael Turner, Reggie Wayne, Percy Harvin or Malcom Floyd? Fitzgerald and Eric Decker are my two starting WRs.

I go with Wayne or Floyd... If i had to pick one i would go with Wayne,
but i will be starting Floyd so i hope he does better

JCTexan
09-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Which one should I start?

Stephen Hill @ Pittsburgh
Justin Blackmon vs. Houston
Michael Crabtree vs. Detroit

Playoffs
09-11-2012, 06:42 PM

Reggie Bush VS Raiders
Ryan Mathews VS Titans
CJ Spiller VS Chiefs
Spiller & SJax

For the WR/RB flex position should I start Michael Turner, Reggie Wayne, Percy Harvin or Malcom Floyd? Fitzgerald and Eric Decker are my two starting WRs.Wayne

Stephen Hill @ Pittsburgh
Justin Blackmon vs. Houston
Michael Crabtree vs. DetroitCrabtree and ..... Blackmon.

Pretty early in the week for me, I'll update if necessary.

TexansLucky13
09-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Need to start 2 of these 3...

Steven Jackson - WAS
Shonn Greene - @PIT
Alfred Morris - @STL

Playoffs
09-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Need to start 2 of these 3...

Steven Jackson - WAS
Shonn Greene - @PIT
Alfred Morris - @STLSJax & Morris.

TexansLucky13
09-12-2012, 09:01 AM
SJax & Morris.

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully Morris isn't a one week wonder.

b0ng
09-12-2012, 09:14 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully Morris isn't a one week wonder.

Shanahan has said he will be getting more carries (I think).

Non-PPR:

Kenny Britt @SD
Malcolm Floyd vsTEN

?

SCOTTexans
09-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Trade Proposals...

CJ Spiller for Reggie Wayne?

My running backs are

Ryan Mathews, Reggie Bush, Steven Jackson.

My receivers are

Jeremy Maclin, Dwayne Bowe, Malcom Floyd, Sydney Rice...

What yall think? I'm kinda feeling its a good trade for the future....

Also have another proposal

Tom Brady and Reggie Bush for Mathew Stafford and Roddy White

SCOTTexans
09-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Shanahan has said he will be getting more carries (I think).

Non-PPR:

Kenny Britt @SD
Malcolm Floyd vsTEN

?

I would go with Kenny Britt. He always starts the season monstrous then he gets hurt....

Yankee_In_TX
09-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Kind of, who should I have for a backup TE:

Fleener (currently on my roster)
Pitta (fluke?) or
or Miller (fluke?)

Playoffs
09-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Non-PPR:

Kenny Britt @SD
Malcolm Floyd vsTENFloyd for me.

Pitta (fluke?) or
or Miller (fluke?)I have Fleener just ahead of Pitta at this time.

b0ng
09-13-2012, 09:52 AM

Pitta (fluke?) or
or Miller (fluke?)

I'd think Pitta or Fleener, probably Fleener due to matchups.

The1ApplePie
09-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Who to replace the injured Greg Jennings with? Garcon or Britt?

Joeycharp89
09-13-2012, 06:32 PM
I have Demayrius Thomas and Torrey Smith, both did pretty good for me last week. This week I have a non-suspended Kenny Britt but I'm worried about how prepared he is and how healthy he is. What do you guys think?

TexansSeminole
09-13-2012, 07:01 PM
I need to start 2 WRs and 1 RB/WR of this group: Vincent Jackson vs Giants, Reggie Wayne vs Vikings, Shonn Greene vs Steelers, DeAngelo Williams vs Saints, Torrey Smith vs Eagles, or Ben Tate vs the Jaguars.

SCOTTexans
09-15-2012, 06:07 PM
I need to start 2 WRs and 1 RB/WR of this group: Vincent Jackson vs Giants, Reggie Wayne vs Vikings, Shonn Greene vs Steelers, DeAngelo Williams vs Saints, Torrey Smith vs Eagles, or Ben Tate vs the Jaguars.

Im starting wayne this week he will have a big game against the vikes, their secondary is really bad. And i would start Torrey Smith over Jackson.... for my RB i would start Greene

SCOTTexans
09-15-2012, 06:11 PM
I have Demayrius Thomas and Torrey Smith, both did pretty good for me last week. This week I have a non-suspended Kenny Britt but I'm worried about how prepared he is and how healthy he is. What do you guys think?

Kenny Britt always starts the seasons out really strong, i would start him over Torrey Smith but its a risk....

TdotTexas2Step
09-15-2012, 07:53 PM
I have one utility spot open, and have it narrowed down to:

- Steven Jackson (Washington)
- Eric Decker (Atlanta)
- Darren Sproles (Carolina)

The roster that I have locked in so far is:

QB - Romo
HB1 - Foster
HB2 - Jones-Drew
WR1 - Steve Johnson
WR2- Bowe
TE - Jimmy Graham

Dutchrudder
09-18-2012, 01:15 PM
WR Colston, Marques KC
WR Green, A.J. @WAS
WR Wayne, Reggie JAC
WR Floyd, Malcom ATL
WR Williams, Mike @DAL

Pick 3, No PPR. Fred Jackson is out, Gerhart isn't worth using in Flex. Might pick up a RB on the wire though, we'll see.

Joeycharp89
09-19-2012, 02:33 PM
WR Colston, Marques KC
WR Green, A.J. @WAS
WR Wayne, Reggie JAC
WR Floyd, Malcom ATL
WR Williams, Mike @DAL

Pick 3, No PPR. Fred Jackson is out, Gerhart isn't worth using in Flex. Might pick up a RB on the wire though, we'll see.

I'd go with Colston, AJ and Wayne. All three going up against some porous defenses.

Scooter
09-21-2012, 03:05 PM
more touchdowns this weekend, brady or flacco?

b0ng
09-21-2012, 03:38 PM

I'd take Tom Brady. Ravens running game is better than the Pats, so if the Pats are scoring it's probably going to be Brady delivering the ball to one of his many targets.

Conversely Joe Flacco could easily get away with throwing only 1 TD in a Ravens win.

Say Watt
09-21-2012, 06:22 PM
WR Colston, Marques KC
WR Green, A.J. @WAS
WR Wayne, Reggie JAC
WR Floyd, Malcom ATL
WR Williams, Mike @DAL

I'd say Green, Wayne, and Floyd. Colston and Floyd are a toss up. Colston is hurting with how much Brees is throwing to Graham and Sproles so much.

I need help at RB. Can't decide who to start. Options are:

CJ Spiller
Darren Sproles
Michael Bush
Doug Martin

Pick 3. League is PPR. Also get points for return yards.

Say Watt
09-21-2012, 06:33 PM

Ok come on. Are you just asking for who will have more touchdowns or are you asking this to help decide who to start? If it is the latter, you should never ask this ever again. No question you definitely start Brady and Brady will also likely have more TDs.

Say Watt
09-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Trade Proposals...

CJ Spiller for Reggie Wayne?

My running backs are

Ryan Mathews, Reggie Bush, Steven Jackson.

My receivers are

Jeremy Maclin, Dwayne Bowe, Malcom Floyd, Sydney Rice...

What yall think? I'm kinda feeling its a good trade for the future....

Also have another proposal

Tom Brady and Reggie Bush for Mathew Stafford and Roddy White

Are you getting Spiller? If so, definitely do it. If not, don't even consider it.

I also wouldn't trade Reggie Bush. Just getting Roddy White plus downgrading at QB doesn't make sense especially when you are giving away Reggie.

Texanmike02
09-22-2012, 02:11 AM
Are you getting Spiller? If so, definitely do it. If not, don't even consider it.

I also wouldn't trade Reggie Bush. Just getting Roddy White plus downgrading at QB doesn't make sense especially when you are giving away Reggie.

I'm with you. If you're getting Spiller JUMP ON IT. And if you are in a PPR league Bush is going to be an average back most weeks and then one week he'll catch 6-8 passes plus his normal production.

Mike

Texanmike02
09-22-2012, 02:17 AM
RGIII or Tony Romo?

I have to pick 1 WR (or sit Martin from TB from my RB/WR slot)

Calvin Johnson is an obvious start so here are my other two options:

Demarius Thomas
D Moore (oakland)

I also have Jean and Sanders from Pitt but I'm just kind of holding them because there is nobody better out there.

Mike

Say Watt
09-22-2012, 01:23 PM
RGIII or Tony Romo?

Demarius Thomas
D Moore (oakland)

I also have Jean and Sanders from Pitt but I'm just kind of holding them because there is nobody better out there.

Mike

Play Martin. Thomas for your #2.

b0ng
09-22-2012, 01:31 PM
RGIII or Tony Romo?

Demarius Thomas
D Moore (oakland)

Mike

Thomas. Palmer is still a trainwreck in Oakland and Thomas is going to have angry Manning throwing him the ball. Pittsburgh is absolutely going to cream Oakland and the Denver/Houston game is probably a lot closer of a call.

Is anybody else getting mad that Jonathan Stewart can't seem to start two games in a row yet?

Say Watt
09-23-2012, 01:08 AM
I'd say Green, Wayne, and Floyd. Colston and Floyd are a toss up. Colston is hurting with how much Brees is throwing to Graham and Sproles so much.

CJ Spiller
Darren Sproles
Michael Bush
Doug Martin

Pick 3. League is PPR. Also get points for return yards.

Bump. Advice would be appreciated.

I am also trying to decide whether to start Eric Decker or Jennings.

The Pencil Neck
09-23-2012, 01:50 AM

Well, if it was me, I'd go Spiller, Sproles, and Bush. Spiller and Bush are my automatic choices because I expect them to get a lot of work. I'd go with Sproles although he is a boom or bust option... he is going against the Chiefs and that could turn into a high-scoring affair.

With Doug Martin, I just don't trust the Buccs and their offense. And I don't trust the Cowboys. You never know what you're going to get.

And, for me, I try not to start guys going against the Texans. But Jennings may not even play, he's still questionable. If it was me, I'd try to play Jennings but I'd be monitoring the Inactives right before the Packers game and choose which one at that point.

Brandon420tx
09-23-2012, 01:50 AM

Go Decker, Seahawks have a stout defense too and you would rather put in a safe option instead of gambling on Jennings on monday (I'm doing the same thing, benching Jennings for Malcom Floyd)

as for the RBs
Sit Martin, the Cowboys run D. is pretty stout this year, Spiller and Sproles have great PPR value, so it's a toss up between Martin and Bush, I personally think Bush has the better shot. Alfred Morris still got good numbers against the Rams last week

Scooter
09-24-2012, 07:06 AM
Ok come on. Are you just asking for who will have more touchdowns or are you asking this to help decide who to start? If it is the latter, you should never ask this ever again. No question you definitely start Brady and Brady will also likely have more TDs.

was asking for the madden coin up challenge, which i keep getting wrong. i took calvin johnson (0) over vernon davis (2) last week, and then brady (1) over flacco (3) this week.

SCOTTexans
09-24-2012, 04:01 PM

I went ahead and traded Spiller for Wayne last week... Got rid of CJ when the getting was good... Glad i did now he is worthless

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-26-2012, 06:05 PM
Torrey Smith vs CLE
Lance Moore @ GB
Dez Bryant vs CHI

No PPR and I can only start one.

Dutchrudder
09-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Torrey Smith vs CLE
Lance Moore @ GB
Dez Bryant vs CHI

No PPR and I can only start one.

I'd go with Smith. Hell in one league, I have two WRs on bye, so I'm starting Jacoby in one of my WR spots. I'll drop him next week, but the waiver wire is thin.

SCOTTexans
09-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Alright i cant decide... in need to start 3

Dwayne bowe @SD
Jeremy maclin vs NYG
Malcom floyd vs KC
Sydney rice vs Rams
Andrew hawkins @JAC
Santana holmes @SF

Playoffs
09-26-2012, 10:01 PM
RGIII or Tony Romo?

Demarius Thomas
D Moore (oakland)
RGIII & Demaryius

CJ Spiller
Darren Sproles
Michael Bush
Doug Martin

Pick 3. League is PPR. Also get points for return yards.Martin & Sproles/Bush (tossup)

Torrey Smith vs CLE
Lance Moore @ GB
Dez Bryant vs CHI
Torrey or Torrey & Lance

Dwayne bowe @SD
Jeremy maclin vs NYG
Malcom floyd vs KC
Sydney rice vs Rams
Andrew hawkins @JAC
Santana holmes @SFBowe & Floyd

The Pencil Neck
09-26-2012, 11:58 PM

Dwayne bowe @SD
Jeremy maclin vs NYG
Malcom floyd vs KC
Sydney rice vs Rams
Andrew hawkins @JAC
Santana holmes @SF

I think Rice and Floyd are the easy choices.

After that, it's almost a coin-flip for me. I'd probably go Maclin because of the problems with the NYG secondary or Hawkins because the Bengals have, at times, put up some points this year. I don't trust the KC offense and I don't like anyone against SF's defense... assuming that last week against the Vikes was a blip.

SCOTTexans
09-27-2012, 07:47 AM
Bowe & Floyd

Its the Third one thats the hardest...

SCOTTexans
09-27-2012, 07:50 AM
I think Rice and Floyd are the easy choices.

After that, it's almost a coin-flip for me. I'd probably go Maclin because of the problems with the NYG secondary or Hawkins because the Bengals have, at times, put up some points this year. I don't trust the KC offense and I don't like anyone against SF's defense... assuming that last week against the Vikes was a blip.

Not a fan of Bowe? I figured he and floyd was the for sure starter here...

You think Sydney Rice will have a big game this week?

Playoffs
09-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Its the Third one thats the hardest...

Sorry, missed the 3...

Between Maclin & Hawkins -- Maclin is the standard play, I might reach a bit for Hawkins.

The Pencil Neck
09-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Not a fan of Bowe? I figured he and floyd was the for sure starter here...

You think Sydney Rice will have a big game this week?

I'm not a big fan of Cassel or Romeo Crennel. I thought SD was playing pretty well defensively prior to that Atlanta debacle. I'm not expecting a lot of scoring from the Chiefs this week. Bowe has put up big numbers this year against Buffalo and New Orleans which are two of the worst pass defenses in the league.

Sidney Rice is going up against the Rams and the Rams have not exactly been stingy.

BUT... I hadn't actually looked at stats for that and I was going by my gut feeling after having watched a couple of Rams games this year. But after looking up the San Diego stats and the Rams stats, I think I was wrong. The Rams haven't been surrendering many passing TDs this year.

Bowe is probably the better option.

Say Watt
09-27-2012, 10:49 AM
I could use some help. I need to start two RBs, a flex, and two WRs. League is PPR and gives 1 point for every 10 punt return yards and 1 for every 25 kick return yards.

Options:
Darren Sproles
Doug Martin
Michael Bush
Tashard Choice
Megatron
Greg Jennings
Jeremy Maclin
Amendola
Eric Decker

Thoughts?

I am leaning towards Sproles, Choice, Megatron, Jennings, and Decker.

What say you?

SCOTTexans
09-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Sorry, missed the 3...

Between Maclin & Hawkins -- Maclin is the standard play, I might reach a bit for Hawkins.

Yeah i was leaning towards these two. when maclin was hurt last week he still put up big numbers, and i picked up hawkins this week because his numbers just keep improving each game. Looks like he is starting to become a fav of Dalton.

Thanks for the imput

SCOTTexans
09-27-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm not a big fan of Cassel or Romeo Crennel. I thought SD was playing pretty well defensively prior to that Atlanta debacle. I'm not expecting a lot of scoring from the Chiefs this week. Bowe has put up big numbers this year against Buffalo and New Orleans which are two of the worst pass defenses in the league.

Sidney Rice is going up against the Rams and the Rams have not exactly been stingy.

BUT... I hadn't actually looked at stats for that and I was going by my gut feeling after having watched a couple of Rams games this year. But after looking up the San Diego stats and the Rams stats, I think I was wrong. The Rams haven't been surrendering many passing TDs this year.

Bowe is probably the better option.

I see your point. Also i noticed Bowe only makes his pionts in the final mins of the each game. I got lucky last week he had about 1 point at the end of the game but got 7 points in OT... So if they ever have a lead he wont be getting the ball

These are such a Toss-up. I need to trade some so i dont have to decide every week... :thinking:

Thanks for the input

SCOTTexans
09-27-2012, 01:04 PM
I could use some help. I need to start two RBs, a flex, and two WRs. League is PPR and gives 1 point for every 10 punt return yards and 1 for every 25 kick return yards.

Options:
Darren Sproles
Doug Martin
Michael Bush
Tashard Choice
Megatron
Greg Jennings
Jeremy Maclin
Amendola
Eric Decker

Thoughts?

What say you?

I would go with Martin vs Washingtons hurt defense, Bush Vs the Cowgirls, Megatron (of course) and the tough one... I would go the seahawks D would scare Amendola away, Maclin has is hurt but expected to play, Jennings hasn't been doing anything the first 3 weeks (might be time for a Big game).

I would go with Decker, and hope Manning doesn't throw all his passes to Thomas.

:edit: my flex position would be Sproles, he will consistantly get you points

Playoffs
09-27-2012, 03:37 PM

Options:
Darren Sproles
Doug Martin
Michael Bush
Tashard Choice
Megatron
Greg Jennings
Jeremy Maclin
Amendola
Eric Decker

Thoughts?

What say you?Martin, Megatron, Jennings, Bush, Decker not taking into account the return yards which we attribute to DEF.

TexanSam
09-28-2012, 07:47 AM
I can start 1 out of these 3. Help! I drafted too many quality receivers but don't have enough room to start all of them each week lol.

Percy Harvin
Eric Decker
Malcolm Floyd

SCOTTexans
09-28-2012, 11:59 AM
I can start 1 out of these 3. Help! I drafted too many quality receivers but don't have enough room to start all of them each week lol.

Percy Harvin
Eric Decker
Malcolm Floyd

I say Harvin...

powda
09-28-2012, 12:16 PM
Harvin 100%. He should be your first option out of the people you listed every week until minesota plays a team like the 49ers. Harvin is having a great start to the season and I would ride that wave till he has 2 or 3 bad games in a row.

Say Watt
09-28-2012, 05:13 PM

Percy Harvin
Eric Decker
Malcolm Floyd

Definitely Harvin.

Thanks for the input everyone!

gtexan02
09-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Adrian Peterson
Reggie Bush
Mikel LeShore

Choose 2

Playoffs
09-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Adrian Peterson
Reggie Bush
Mikel LeShore
AP & Leshoure.

gtexan02
09-29-2012, 11:36 PM
One more:

Matt Forte (questionable)
Kenny Britt (questionable)
Stevan Ridley

Pick 2

powda
09-29-2012, 11:46 PM
One more:

Stevan Ridley

Pick 2

Britt and ridley. Forte plays monday so if he doesn't play ur screwed.

Playoffs
09-30-2012, 08:37 AM
One more:

Stevan Ridley

Pick 2
No other options?

I'd prefer Britt, but he sounds very iffy to me. May take a needle.

Forte, IMO, is more likely to play with extra day & fact players get up for Monday night games.

I'd wait until just before kickoff to hear about Britt.

Playoffs
09-30-2012, 09:57 AM
One more:

Stevan Ridley

-- Kenny Britt Not Playing Today --
Sun Sep 30, 2012 --

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Tennessee Titans WR Kenny Britt (ankle - questionable) is not playing today due to his ankle injury.

gtexan02
09-30-2012, 11:08 AM
I also have Ogltree but thats scraping the barrel. I think I'd rather risk it with Forte

Playoffs
09-30-2012, 01:31 PM
I also have Ogltree but thats scraping the barrel. I think I'd rather risk it with ForteToo late now, but I would've considered Ogie on Monday night w/Forte uncertain. Good luck.

HOU-TEX
10-04-2012, 11:27 AM
I've got a couple of RB dilemmas in 2 different leagues and need some more opinions other than my own.

League 1 - Should I go with Cardinals Ryan Williams against the Rams? Or Carolina DeAngelo Williams at home against the Seahawks?

League 2 - Willis McGahee at NE? Or Steven Jackson at home vs Arizona

Right now I'm leaning towards R. Williams and McGahee. Thoughts?

SCOTTexans
10-04-2012, 12:21 PM
I've got a couple of RB dilemmas in 2 different leagues and need some more opinions other than my own.

League 1 - Should I go with Cardinals Ryan Williams against the Rams? Or Carolina DeAngelo Williams at home against the Seahawks?

Ryan williams and Mcgahee for sure. Arizona and seahawks are run stopping defenses....

powda
10-04-2012, 06:20 PM

R. Wiliams and mcghee.

Seahawks defense is legit. D. Williams competes for carrys with Stewart, Tolbert, and Newton. R. Williams has better odds for success.

McGhee because I think denver's offense will be in the redzone more often and provide better scoring opportunities for him. I also think NE will be up early in the game and guard the pass more as the game goes into the 2nd half.

Could be wrong on both accounts but thats how i'd approach it.

Mr. White
10-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Rivers vs NO or Cam Newton vs SEA?

I'm scared to start Cam. The Seahawks are downright thuggish. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1337569-dallas-cowboys-fan-takes-seahawks-loss-horribly-goes-on-epic-rant)

powda
10-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Rivers vs NO or Cam Newton vs SEA?

I'm scared to start Cam. The Seahawks are downright thuggish. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1337569-dallas-cowboys-fan-takes-seahawks-loss-horribly-goes-on-epic-rant)

Rivers

LikeMike
10-09-2012, 07:24 AM
So it`s by week time for me... so no Cam Newton (Im actually kinda relieved ;-). Right now I have Andy Dalton as my back up and he has a good matchup against Cleveland. But so far he has been meh this year, so I took a look at the waver wire. Here are my other options:

Alex Smith vs. Giants - had a monster week, but will have more trouble against the Giants. I could see the 49ers run the ball a ton.

Christian Ponder vs. Washington - great matchup, Ponder looked great, but Im still not really comfortable with him back there.

So, Dalton, Smith or Ponder, who would you take?

majestrate
10-09-2012, 09:36 AM
If it were me, I'd go with Dalton. I'll be hoping that he throws 40% of his attempts to the Law Firm

SCOTTexans
10-09-2012, 02:32 PM
So it`s by week time for me... so no Cam Newton (Im actually kinda relieved ;-). Right now I have Andy Dalton as my back up and he has a good matchup against Cleveland. But so far he has been meh this year, so I took a look at the waver wire. Here are my other options:

Alex Smith vs. Giants - had a monster week, but will have more trouble against the Giants. I could see the 49ers run the ball a ton.

Christian Ponder vs. Washington - great matchup, Ponder looked great, but Im still not really comfortable with him back there.

So, Dalton, Smith or Ponder, who would you take?

Dalton for sure.... He got 300+ yards and 3 TDs when he played the browns in week 2... no reason not too

Joeycharp89
10-09-2012, 03:01 PM

So, Dalton, Smith or Ponder, who would you take?'

Dalton, I'm actually trying to trade for him to fill in for Drew Brees this week. I like Ponder, but right now he's a game manager for the potential for a good game. Not a great game, just good.

LikeMike
10-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Thanks guys, Ill stay with Dalton then!

SCOTTexans
10-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Start 3 Non-PPR

Bowe Vs Buccs (either gets me 20 points or 6, it alternates each week)
Floyd Vs Broncos ( 10 point game or nothing... )
Wanye Vs Jets (jets shut down dre... but 10 points consistant and a 30 pointer career high last week)
Maclin Vs Lions (Looks great when healthy, doesn't play when not... but he's against the Lions)

also have Andrew Hawkins vs Browns, but i don't see any reason to start him.

Playoffs
10-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Start 3 Non-PPR

Bowe Vs Buccs (either gets me 20 points or 6, it alternates each week)
Floyd Vs Broncos ( 10 point game or nothing... )
Wanye Vs Jets (jets shut down dre... but 10 points consistant and a 30 pointer career high last week)
Maclin Vs Lions (Looks great when healthy, doesn't play when not... but he's against the Lions)

also have Andrew Hawkins vs Browns, but i don't see any reason to start him.
Wayne, Bowe... toss up on the other two.

Say Watt
10-11-2012, 09:56 AM
I know it is dumb to ask about a kicker, but I can't decide on who to keep. Jason Hanson DET or Matt Bryant ATL. Thoughts?

SCOTTexans
10-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I know it is dumb to ask about a kicker, but I can't decide on who to keep. Jason Hanson DET or Matt Bryant ATL. Thoughts?

You really want to get all the points you can... I go Hanson. Just cause i think ATL will just score the TDs...

Playoffs
10-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Bryant for me, but it's close.

powda
10-11-2012, 11:24 AM
You really want to get all the points you can... I go Hanson. Just cause i think ATL will just score the TDs...

Well they both kick in a dome so you cant go wrong there. I've got bryant and have been satisfied so far. Without having looked at scoring offense I feel like atlanta has the more consistent offense. I'd go bryant.

Say Watt
10-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks you guys. Seems it is as close in your eyes as it is in mine.

I tried to rep you, but MSR.

b0ng
10-11-2012, 10:45 PM
RB Alfred Morris (WAS) MIN
RB CJ Spiller (BUF) @WSH
RB A. Bradshaw (NYG) @SF

Only got 1 spot.

EDIT: Leaning Morris.

LikeMike
10-12-2012, 08:58 AM
RB CJ Spiller (BUF) @WSH
RB A. Bradshaw (NYG) @SF

Only got 1 spot.

EDIT: Leaning Morris.

That`s a tough choice - 2 dominant defenses or CJ Spiller who isn`t a clear cut starter. I don`t really like Spiller because of his inconsistencies - so for me the choice would be between Morris and Bradshaw. Morris should be the safer bet, but I am intrigued with Bradshaw. This looks like a game the Giants might win...

So Morris to play it safe, Bradshaw to gamble... or Spiller if you trust he gets enough touches (I don`t).

Playoffs
10-12-2012, 09:12 AM
RB CJ Spiller (BUF) @WSH
RB A. Bradshaw (NYG) @SF

Only got 1 spot.

EDIT: Leaning Morris.Morris.

JCTexan
10-12-2012, 05:51 PM

Aaron Rodgers @ Houston
Philip Rivers vs. Denver
Andrew Luck @ NYJ

Playoffs
10-12-2012, 05:54 PM

Aaron Rodgers @ Houston
Philip Rivers vs. Denver
Andrew Luck @ NYJNever bench your studs.

paycheck71
10-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Need to start two:

Dwayne Bowe @ TB (No Matt Cassell)
James Jones @ HOU
Shonn Green vs IND

Thoughts? I have Bowe and Greene starting now.

Playoffs
10-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Need to start two:

James Jones @ HOU
Shonn Green vs IND

Thoughts? I have Bowe and Greene starting now.I almost always go with a RB over WR, but Jones has been hotter than a $2 pistol lately and Jennings is out... I think I'd go Jones, Bowe.

powda
10-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Need to start two:

James Jones @ HOU
Shonn Green vs IND

Bowe and Green. Jones has been hot the last two games. Previous to that he was a nonfactor (when i needed him to perform.) He's as likely to give you nadda as he is a td...very very inconsistent. Cassell is out but I think a lot of kc fans would tell you that helps the passing game. Jones has more weapons to compete with on his team and they are playing a better defense. Bowe and green.

b0ng
10-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Need to start two:

James Jones @ HOU
Shonn Green vs IND

The gun would be in my mouth. Bowe and Greene is my guess but Jones isn't too bad of an option.

beerlover
10-13-2012, 12:51 AM

Aaron Rodgers @ Houston
Philip Rivers vs. Denver
Andrew Luck @ NYJ

first props to you 4 having all three. I would go for the home team guy, don't like the other's chances on the road.

Playoffs
10-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Need to start two:

James Jones @ HOU
Shonn Green vs IND

Thoughts? I have Bowe and Greene starting now.Note Aqib Talib has been suspended -- helps Bowe.

LikeMike
10-14-2012, 06:33 PM
That`s a tough choice - 2 dominant defenses or CJ Spiller who isn`t a clear cut starter. I don`t really like Spiller because of his inconsistencies - so for me the choice would be between Morris and Bradshaw. Morris should be the safer bet, but I am intrigued with Bradshaw. This looks like a game the Giants might win...

So Morris to play it safe, Bradshaw to gamble... or Spiller if you trust he gets enough touches (I don`t).

Well seems like there was no wrong choice... I still like my Bradshaw choice, I started him and got 18 points out of him.

b0ng
10-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Well seems like there was no wrong choice... I still like my Bradshaw choice, I started him and got 18 points out of him.
Morris only got 10 but it was still good. Spiller got 17 as well.

b0ng
10-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Racking my brain:

Aaron Hernandez vsNYJ
Owen Daniels vsBAL

TexansLucky13
10-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Need one for Flex....

RB Shonn Greene @ NE
RB Steven Jackson GB
WR Chris Givens GB

Playoffs
10-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Racking my brain:

Aaron Hernandez vsNYJ
Owen Daniels vsBALHernandez for me.

Need one for Flex....

RB Shonn Greene @ NE
RB Steven Jackson GB
WR Chris Givens GBGreene & Jackson for me.

Playoffs
10-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Andy Dalton vs Steelers (w/out Polomalu)
or
Andrew Luck vs Browns

SCOTTexans
10-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Non PPR...

Pick 2 RB

Matthews vs Browns (For Sure)
Bush vs Jets (Jets are playing desperate football)
Steven JAckson vs Patriots
Daryl Richardson vs Patriots
Rashad Jennings vs Packers

Pick 3 WR

Reggie Wayne vs Tenn
Malcom Floyd vs Browns
Jeremy Maclin vs Falcons
Dwayne Bowe vs Raiders
Santana Moss vs Steelers

The Pencil Neck
10-25-2012, 01:51 AM
Non PPR...

Pick 2 RB

Pick 3 WR

Reggie Wayne vs Tenn
Malcom Floyd vs Browns
Jeremy Maclin vs Falcons
Dwayne Bowe vs Raiders
Santana Moss vs Steelers

I wish I could give you some words of advice but... you've got some boom or bust guys there.

I expect Wayne and Moss to have good days. Have no idea who to go for the third. Probably Floyd?

On the RB side, I got no idea. Is Steven Jackson hurt? And the Pats are pretty good against the run. If it was me? I'd go Mathews and Bush, I guess.

But I don't feel strongly about anything I just said. I just didn't want to totally leave you hanging.

Playoffs
10-25-2012, 08:01 AM
Non PPR...

Pick 2 RB

Pick 3 WR

Reggie Wayne vs Tenn
Malcom Floyd vs Browns
Jeremy Maclin vs Falcons
Dwayne Bowe vs Raiders
Santana Moss vs Steelers

Matthews/Bush

Wayne/Floyd/Maclin

SCOTTexans
10-25-2012, 08:05 AM
I wish I could give you some words of advice but... you've got some boom or bust guys there.

I expect Wayne and Moss to have good days. Have no idea who to go for the third. Probably Floyd?

On the RB side, I got no idea. Is Steven Jackson hurt? And the Pats are pretty good against the run. If it was me? I'd go Mathews and Bush, I guess.

But I don't feel strongly about anything I just said. I just didn't want to totally leave you hanging.

Jackson isn't hurt but it look like the Rams are working him out of the Team...

I'm waiting to get a really good game out of Bowe or Moss again and trade them.... So i don't have to decide every week.

2 weeks ago i bench Maclin and he got 19 points... I lost because i didn't start him

Matthews/Bush

Wayne/Nicks/Floyd -- last two bunched up close to Maclin, then Bowe

By Nicks you mean Moss?

dc_txtech
10-25-2012, 12:39 PM
I've been starting Alfred Morris every week and I have always been an "always start your studs" kind of guy but not sure this week.

Reggie Bush @NYJ
Alfred Morris @PIT

Jets have the 31st ranked run defense and Pit is ranked 5th, plus there is some bad blood between Bush and the Jets which makes me think Reggie might be in for a big week.

Dutchrudder
10-25-2012, 01:42 PM
I've been starting Alfred Morris every week and I have always been an "always start your studs" kind of guy but not sure this week.

Reggie Bush @NYJ
Alfred Morris @PIT

Jets have the 31st ranked run defense and Pit is ranked 5th, plus there is some bad blood between Bush and the Jets which makes me think Reggie might be in for a big week.

PPR? Why don't you have any other RB options? I'd go with Morris, just because he's so much more consistent.

SCOTTexans
10-25-2012, 02:11 PM

Reggie Bush @NYJ
Alfred Morris @PIT

You have to go with Morris on this one, but im starting Bush in my league

dc_txtech
10-25-2012, 04:20 PM
PPR? Why don't you have any other RB options? I'd go with Morris, just because he's so much more consistent.

1/2 point ppr

I'm starting AD tonight and I'm keeping Michael Turner on the bench this week vs PHI.

I drafted Greg Jennings, Garcon, and Amendola so I had to make some moves to pick up some WR's. I traded The Lawfirm and Demarco Murray for Stevie Johnson and Wes Welker respectively, which left me with only 4 RB's on my roster.

majestrate
10-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Regarding the Dolphins vs the Jets, supposedly Philbin was quoted as saying that they need to get the ball to Hartline more. In my bigger league, I've got Bush, Tannehill, and Hartline (Tannehill and Hartline ride the bench, I use them for match-ups and bye-week fodder). Anyone think that Tannehill or Hartline have a chance at doing something vs NYJ's coverage, or is the talk from Philbin an attempt to keep the offensive game plan somewhat unknown?

dc_txtech
10-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Regarding the Dolphins vs the Jets, supposedly Philbin was quoted as saying that they need to get the ball to Hartline more. In my bigger league, I've got Bush, Tannehill, and Hartline (Tannehill and Hartline ride the bench, I use them for match-ups and bye-week fodder). Anyone think that Tannehill or Hartline have a chance at doing something vs NYJ's coverage, or is the talk from Philbin an attempt to keep the offensive game plan somewhat unknown?

After seeing what Cromartie did to AJ I would be hesitant to start Hartline against him.

majestrate
10-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Well, I was thinking kind of the same thing. Not just limited to AJ. Guess I'll leave Tannehill and Hartline on the bench a little longer.

Playoffs
10-25-2012, 08:04 PM
By Nicks you mean Moss?No, I be stoopid. Fixed it above.

Reggie Bush @NYJ
Alfred Morris @PIT

Close, but I'm leaning Bush.

LikeMike
10-26-2012, 07:58 AM
I could use a Little help as well... Standard yahoo league:

At HB I will start Mathhews and one if the following:
Bradshaw against Dallas (missed practice again yesterday)
Ridley against StL.
Sproles against Denver

At WR I will start C.Johnson, D. Thomas and one of the following:
Maclin against Atlanta
Lloyd against St.L
Steve Smith (Car) against Chicago

I'd go with Maclin probably but have no idea which HB I should start...

Playoffs
10-26-2012, 08:40 AM
I could use a Little help as well... Standard yahoo league:

At HB I will start Mathhews and one if the following:
Bradshaw against Dallas (missed practice again yesterday)
Ridley against StL.
Sproles against Denver

At WR I will start C.Johnson, D. Thomas and one of the following:
Maclin against Atlanta
Lloyd against St.L
Steve Smith (Car) against Chicago

I'd go with Maclin probably but have no idea which HB I should start...

Bradshaw & Maclin, check injury status.

SCOTTexans
10-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Matthews/Bush

Wayne/Floyd/Maclin

Yeah thats what i have set... Hope they produce

Mr. White
10-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Standard scoring.

Newton vs CHI
Rivers vs CLE
Weeden vs SD

Leaning toward Rivers.

Playoffs
10-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Standard scoring.

Newton vs CHI
Rivers vs CLE
Weeden vs SD

Leaning toward Rivers.

Rivers.

SheTexan
11-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Suggestions please!

AJ
OD
Decker

Need two out of the three. AJ has bombed this year, but, blind loyalty sways me, same with OD. BUT, Decker has more TDs than both, and is becoming one of Peyton's fav targets. I feel safe with OD, but, ya just never know when AJs gonna have his breakout game. Schaub is my QB. My gut feeling tells me Kubes will run the ball a lot against the Bills, so just not sure if AJ or OD will get that many points. HELP!! Weeden is my backup QB, but, he's sittin the bench against the bears.

The Pencil Neck
11-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Suggestions please!

AJ
OD
Decker

Need two out of the three. AJ has bombed this year, but, blind loyalty sways me, same with OD. BUT, Decker has more TDs than both, and is becoming one of Peyton's fav targets. I feel safe with OD, but, ya just never know when AJs gonna have his breakout game. Schaub is my QB. My gut feeling tells me Kubes will run the ball a lot against the Bills, so just not sure if AJ or OD will get that many points. HELP!! Weeden is my backup QB, but, he's sittin the bench against the bears.

I think you've got to go Decker at this point. And OD is leading the Texans in TD receptions and is getting almost as many yards/game as AJ. So I'd go with those two: Decker and OD.

But I'd be hoping for AJ to have a breakout game, anyway.

TexanSam
11-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Suggestions please!

AJ
OD
Decker

Are TE and WR interchangeable in your league? This is tough. I think I would go AJ and Decker though. AJ has played well the last few weeks and I think he'll have a big game.

I need some suggestions of my own if anyone can help.

I need to choose 1 out of these 3.

Eric Decker
Larry Fitzgerald
Malcolm Floyd

dc_txtech
11-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Standard scoring.

Newton vs CHI
Rivers vs CLE
Weeden vs SD

Leaning toward Rivers.

Rivers

Suggestions please!

AJ
OD
Decker

I'd go with Decker and AJ. OD might be the safer play but AJ gives you a chance at a huge game. The Bills are REALLY bad.

SheTexan
11-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Yea, TE and WR are interchangable in my league. Does anyone know whats wrong with OD? Just read he's on the injury report, but, I think he's been on it most of the year. Just wondering.

Playoffs
11-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Yea, TE and WR are interchangable in my league. Does anyone know whats wrong with OD? Just read he's on the injury report, but, I think he's been on it most of the year. Just wondering.

TE Owen Daniels was limited in practice due to a hamstring injury, while WR Kevin Walter was limited due to illness.

Suggestions please!

AJ
OD
DeckerAndre & Decker for me.

Eric Decker
Larry Fitzgerald
Malcolm FloydDecker for me.

The Pencil Neck
11-01-2012, 05:39 PM

They're just saying hamstring.

dc_txtech
11-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Are TE and WR interchangeable in your league? This is tough. I think I would go AJ and Decker though. AJ has played well the last few weeks and I think he'll have a big game.

Eric Decker
Larry Fitzgerald
Malcolm Floyd

It's a toss up between Decker and Fitz but I would start Decker.

gtexan02
11-01-2012, 07:28 PM

Eric Decker
Larry Fitzgerald
Malcolm Floyd

Fitzgerald by a lot in my opinion. He's getting more yards/targets and is going up against GB. They'll be throwing a lot

powda
11-01-2012, 09:55 PM

Eric Decker
Larry Fitzgerald
Malcolm Floyd

Decker has better quarteback play and is probably safer, that said, fitz is capable of going off and dominating a game with a few scores.

I'd play fitz unless the cards are playing a top tier defense.

TexanSam
11-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Decker has better quarteback play and is probably safer, that said, fitz is capable of going off and dominating a game with a few scores.

I'd play fitz unless the cards are playing a top tier defense.

Arizona's QB play is just so bad. And even though Green Bay's D isn't great, I'm not confident in Skelton getting him the ball much. I'm fighting for the last playoff spot after starting the season 1-5, so I think I'll go with the safe pick for now.

SheTexan
11-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the input guys!! Appreciate it!!

I'm going with AJ and Decker this week. Really hard to bench OD though!

coon
11-04-2012, 11:29 AM
schaub or josh freeman

Joeycharp89
11-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Steve Jackson or Rashad Jennings? Jackson has been splitting time with Richardson (whom I also have) and has a tough match-up, where as Jennings is facing Indi. I could also keep in both by putting them at my flex over Torrey Smith or Kenny Britt (both also have good match-ups).

dc_txtech
11-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Steve Jackson or Rashad Jennings? Jackson has been splitting time with Richardson (whom I also have) and has a tough match-up, where as Jennings is facing Indi. I could also keep in both by putting them at my flex over Torrey Smith or Kenny Britt (both also have good match-ups).

I would go with Jennings and Smith.

Playoffs
11-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Steve Jackson or Rashad Jennings?Jennings easily for me and Smith.

Dutchrudder
11-07-2012, 02:25 PM
I'd like some opinions on my QB situation. Starter is Aaron Rodgers, but he's on bye this week. I currently have Christian Ponder as my backup QB, but he has been horrible the last 3 weeks. My options on the waiver wire are:

Ponder vs Detroit
Schaub @ Chicago
Russell Wilson vs NYJ
Sanchez @ Seattle
Tannehill vs Tenn
Hasslebeck @ Miami

Schaub is on waivers until Friday, and I have a waiver in to swap Ponder for him. So I can change that if you guys think someone else would be better. Scoring is 1 point per 20 yards passing, 6 points per passing TD, -1 per INT.

Joeycharp89
11-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Hasslebeck @ Miami

Feel like he could be worth a look for the match-up. If I looked right Miami has one of the lowest passing defenses.

dc_txtech
11-07-2012, 03:28 PM
I'd like some opinions on my QB situation. Starter is Aaron Rodgers, but he's on bye this week. I currently have Christian Ponder as my backup QB, but he has been horrible the last 3 weeks. My options on the waiver wire are:

Ponder vs Detroit
Schaub @ Chicago
Russell Wilson vs NYJ
Sanchez @ Seattle
Tannehill vs Tenn
Hasslebeck @ Miami

Schaub is on waivers until Friday, and I have a waiver in to swap Ponder for him. So I can change that if you guys think someone else would be better. Scoring is 1 point per 20 yards passing, 6 points per passing TD, -1 per INT.

Hasslebeck has been a pretty consistent 200 yards and a TD every week. Schaub gives you the shot at a 300 yard 3 TD game but I could also see 200 yards 0 TD's and a pick.

I would wait and see who clears waivers before making a decision. Waiver position can be gold, I saved mine all season and Saturday someone dropped Darren Sproles in a ppr league before news broke that he might only be out a week or two.

Dutchrudder
11-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Hasslebeck has been a pretty consistent 200 yards and a TD every week. Schaub gives you the shot at a 300 yard 3 TD game but I could also see 200 yards 0 TD's and a pick.

I would wait and see who clears waivers before making a decision. Waiver position can be gold, I saved mine all season and Saturday someone dropped Darren Sproles in a ppr league before news broke that he might only be out a week or two.

Oh, I'm 8-1 at the top of the league by far. My wavier will be 12 until I lose the #1 spot, because it's always reverse order of the standings each week. No worries there. Hasslebeck is tempting too. I expect Tillman to play against the Texans, so I'm a bit weary of Schaub as well. None of these are a slam dunk :(

dc_txtech
11-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Oh, I'm 8-1 at the top of the league by far. My wavier will be 12 until I lose the #1 spot, because it's always reverse order of the standings each week. No worries there. Hasslebeck is tempting too. I expect Tillman to play against the Texans, so I'm a bit weary of Schaub as well. None of these are a slam dunk :(

Ah, that makes sense then. Yeah not a lot of great options for you, I'm looking for a bye week filler in my money league for Rodgers and I have Palmer and Freeman to pick from. How many people in your league?

Dutchrudder
11-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Ah, that makes sense then. Yeah not a lot of great options for you, I'm looking for a bye week filler in my money league for Rodgers and I have Palmer and Freeman to pick from. How many people in your league?

12 team league. I'd go with Freeman if I were you. He's been much better the past few weeks, and SD is middle of the pack against QBs this year.

Playoffs
11-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Ponder vs Detroit
Schaub @ Chicago
Russell Wilson vs NYJ
Sanchez @ Seattle
Tannehill vs Tenn
Hasslebeck @ MiamiTannehill against the Tacks for me, check his status.

...I have Palmer and Freeman to pick from.I'm going with Freeman.

Titans Sux 72
11-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Eli manning or Joe Flacco.
My opponent has Victor Cruz on his team.

Playoffs
11-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Eli manning or Joe Flacco.
Eli for me.

SheTexan
11-09-2012, 11:00 AM
OK, I listened to you guys last week and it worked out GREAT! Bout killed me to bench OD, but, worked out in my favor.

This week! Two of the three. My gut tells me to bench AJ, but, CRAP, how do you bench AJ??????? We've been waiting for a breakout game, will this be it?? I say NO, not if he has Tillman on his arse all night. I'm leaning toward playing OD and Decker. CONVIENCE ME this is the right thing to do!! THANKS!!

AJ
OD
Decker

Say Watt
11-09-2012, 11:41 AM
I need to start a third WR. I have Megatron and AJ Green at WR1 & 2.

Jeremy Maclin or Amendola?

dc_txtech
11-09-2012, 09:57 PM
OK, I listened to you guys last week and it worked out GREAT! Bout killed me to bench OD, but, worked out in my favor.

This week! Two of the three. My gut tells me to bench AJ, but, CRAP, how do you bench AJ??????? We've been waiting for a breakout game, will this be it?? I say NO, not if he has Tillman on his arse all night. I'm leaning toward playing OD and Decker. CONVIENCE ME this is the right thing to do!! THANKS!!

AJ
OD
Decker

Start Decker for sure. OD is highly questionable to play Sunday so you need to watch it closely but I would probably go with AJ this week.

dc_txtech
11-09-2012, 10:02 PM
I need to start a third WR. I have Megatron and AJ Green at WR1 & 2.

Jeremy Maclin or Amendola?

I'm not a Maclin fan, I would go with Danny especially in ppr but I am a Red Raider so I might be biased.

Say Watt
11-10-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm not a Maclin fan, I would go with Danny especially in ppr but I am a Red Raider so I might be biased.

Yeah the Maclin situation has been very disappointing. Well actually it has more to do with Vick looking like the worst QB in the league than it does Maclin but as a fantasy player, Maclin has sucked.

I'm just worried about Danny's injury. Is he really going to be able to put up some numbers against the San Fran D?

Playoffs
11-10-2012, 09:31 AM
AJ
OD
DeckerDecker & AJ for me.

Jeremy Maclin or Amendola?Maclin for me.

SheTexan
11-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Thanks guys! AJ and Decker it is!!

Hardcore Texan
11-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Who should I play in the flex, I need to choose one of the following:

Sidney Rice
Jonathan Dwyer
Jeremy Maclin
Kendall Wright

Too bad it's too late for Cecil Shorts, he would have gotten me 22 pts. Right now the nod is going to Rice. I might be able to be talked into Wright, but the other two scare me this week.

Dutchrudder
11-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Who should I play in the flex, I need to choose one of the following:

Sidney Rice
Jonathan Dwyer
Jeremy Maclin
Kendall Wright

Too bad it's too late for Cecil Shorts, he would have gotten me 22 pts. Right now the nod is going to Rice. I might be able to be talked into Wright, but the other two scare me this week.

I think Rice is your best bet, but none of them are too enticing.

Hardcore Texan
11-11-2012, 11:47 AM

Thanks. I agree. Wright might have a good game with Locker coming back and the miami pass defense is not all that.

Playoffs
11-11-2012, 11:56 AM
With Redman tweeting he's getting the start I have to pass on Dwyer.

I'd roll with Maclin, mostly because Cromartie has been effective shutting down WR1s so far. Tough call, though.

Titans Sux 72
11-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Eli for me.

Man I'm glad I sat Flacco for Eli.

dc_txtech
11-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Yeah the Maclin situation has been very disappointing. Well actually it has more to do with Vick looking like the worst QB in the league than it does Maclin but as a fantasy player, Maclin has sucked.

I'm just worried about Danny's injury. Is he really going to be able to put up some numbers against the San Fran D?

Looks like you couldn't have gone wrong. Danny is back, he had a huge game against an awesome defense. He also had an 80 yard catch called back in OT. I'm starting him going forward.

SheTexan
11-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Wouldn't have mattered who I played, my team crashed and burned!! BUT, our TEXANS won so I really don't care!! On to next week!:evil:

Joeycharp89
11-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Brandon Gibson, Cecil Shorts, or Rashad Jennings in the flex spot?

Gibson is going against the Jets. I could also bet on Ben Tate coming back this week and vulturing a TD with what should be limited touches.

SheTexan
11-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2058725#post2058725)
Foster needs a rest, I'm smelling an aerial gameplan.

So should I play OD over Decker? I know OD practiced this week, but, still don't know if Kubes will go easy on him due to his hip injury. I was planning to play Decker, but, my "gut" tells me to go with OD. BUT, if we get a sizable lead over the Kittie's, Kubes might sit some of his starters, including AJ and OD.

The Denver/SD game should be a good one, IMHO. PM always seems to pull off some kind of "magic" when he goes to the air. Decker has become a fav target. WHAT TO DO!!!???:overreact:

CRAP, I hate trying to second guess this stuff! :wild:

dc_txtech
11-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Brandon Gibson, Cecil Shorts, or Rashad Jennings in the flex spot?

Gibson is going against the Jets. I could also bet on Ben Tate coming back this week and vulturing a TD with what should be limited touches.

I don't really like any of the choices. Cromartie is likely to match up on Gibson, Jennings isn't going to run on Houston and they will likely give up on the run early on into the game. Shorts has been good but I worry he might face Joseph.

I would start Shorts and hope Joseph covers Blackmon.

dc_txtech
11-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2058725#post2058725)
Foster needs a rest, I'm smelling an aerial gameplan.

So should I play OD over Decker? I know OD practiced this week, but, still don't know if Kubes will go easy on him due to his hip injury. I was planning to play Decker, but, my "gut" tells me to go with OD. BUT, if we get a sizable lead over the Kittie's, Kubes might sit some of his starters, including AJ and OD.

The Denver/SD game should be a good one, IMHO. PM always seems to pull off some kind of "magic" when he goes to the air. Decker has become a fav target. WHAT TO DO!!!???:overreact:

CRAP, I hate trying to second guess this stuff! :wild:

I answered you in another thread but I'll post here in case you missed it. Decker has 7 TD's in his last 6 games, to bench him at this point would be blasphemy.

powda
11-16-2012, 05:26 PM
I answered you in another thread but I'll post here in case you missed it. Decker has 7 TD's in his last 6 games, to bench him at this point would be blasphemy.

Seconded.

Od's comming off injury. Its reasonable to expect the texans to dominate on the ground after an early lead.

Playoffs
11-16-2012, 05:52 PM
So should I play OD over Decker?
Decker for me.

SheTexan
11-16-2012, 06:34 PM

Yea, I agree.

I was having one of my SENIOR moments in that other thread.. Really didn't mean to post anything about FF, just forgot it wasn't this thread. Kinda HIT me on a spur of the moment type of thing to ask.

Say Watt
11-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Sproles, Amendola or Jordy? Pick 2.

League is PPR.

Lucky
11-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Sproles, Amendola or Jordy? Pick 2.

League is PPR.
Amendola & Nelson.

Playoffs
11-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Amendola & Nelson.Yep.

Say Watt
11-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Thanks! That is who I had in my lineup.

Hardcore Texan
11-24-2012, 02:26 PM
What do you guys think I should do at RB? I am hurting, and I just lost Magahee for the year too. Here's what I am looking at:

Mendenhall
Dwyer

Turner
Jaquizz Rodgers

Jalen Parmele

I had to get two of my guys handcuffed just to have someone guranteed to start. Lance Ball is available, but I'd have to drop someone, Romo is about the only one I would drop but that might help out a competitor. There's a log jam at 7-4, including me.

In the flex I am starting Cecil Shorts at WR. I could throw in a 3rd RB but right now I feel better about my receivers, it is a PPR league. My two starting WR's are Marshall and Denarius Moore. (Maclin, Rice, and Kendall Wright on the bench).

Playoffs
11-24-2012, 02:44 PM
What do you guys thinkParmele and Mendenhall for me. Agree with Shorts at flex, although you could consider Rice.

Hardcore Texan
11-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Parmele and Mendenhall for me. Agree with Shorts at flex, although you could consider Rice.

Thanks and repped!

Say Watt
11-25-2012, 11:10 AM
I need to start a flex and a WR2. My options are:

Sproles,Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jeremy Maclin, Parmele

League is PPR. I am leaning Sproles and Jordy.

toronto
11-28-2012, 04:52 PM
I have a tough call.

I need to start 3...Only one is a easy decision.

Andre Johnson (obv)
Antonio Brown vs BAL
Titus Young vs IND
Greg Little @ OAK
Mario Manningham vs STL

I am in 5th and am playing the 1st place team, need to win to ensure the playoff spot.

Say Watt
11-29-2012, 03:00 PM
I have a tough call.

I need to start 3...Only one is a easy decision.

Andre Johnson (obv)
Antonio Brown vs BAL
Titus Young vs IND
Greg Little @ OAK
Mario Manningham vs STL

I am in 5th and am playing the 1st place team, need to win to ensure the playoff spot.

That is tough. AJ and Antonio Brown would be definite starts for me. I'd probably lean Little for the 3rd player, but all 3 are on about the same level. More potential with Little IMO.

Seor Stan
11-30-2012, 10:06 AM
at running back need to start 2 of 3

Marshawn Lynch @ Bears
Ahmad Bradshaw @ Redskins
CJ Spiller vs. Jaguars

Right now I am leaning Lynch and Spiller...

But with Brown out Bradshaw could be getting more looks in the red zone
Lynch vs Bears in Chicago also has me a bit worried.

gtexan02
12-06-2012, 07:01 AM
Three defenses to choose from.
Texans at Patriots
Chargers at Pittsburgh
KC Chiefs at Browns

I currently own the Texans but the other two are available. Texans are the #4 best defense in my league, but the Pats are the #1 worst matchup in my league for defenses.

Chargers are 7th best and Pitt is 25th worst matchup
Browns are 11th best defense and KC is 30th worst matchup

What would you do?

Playoffs
12-06-2012, 07:44 AM
What would you do?
I'd go Browns with Joe Haden playing. Good luck.

dc_txtech
12-06-2012, 12:02 PM
I'd go Browns with Joe Haden playing. Good luck.

I like the Browns also, although I'd be tempted to stick with Houston. That might just be the homer in me talking.

Dutchrudder
12-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Three defenses to choose from.
Texans at Patriots
Chargers at Pittsburgh
KC Chiefs at Browns

I currently own the Texans but the other two are available. Texans are the #4 best defense in my league, but the Pats are the #1 worst matchup in my league for defenses.

Chargers are 7th best and Pitt is 25th worst matchup
Browns are 11th best defense and KC is 30th worst matchup

What would you do?

Ha, I have the Texans DST in one league and I picked up the Bills defense to fill in for them this week. I'd go Browns as well.

Playoffs
12-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Injuries have taken out 4 of my players(McFaddin,McCoy,Jordy,Harvin), so I've had to scramble (5 trades/pickups) to build something for a playoff run. What's your opinion on...

2nd RB to pair with AP:
Bryce Brown PHI @TB
Johnathon Dwyer PIT v. SD

Pick 2 WRs:
Greg Jennings v. DET
Mike Williams TB v. PHI
Denarius Moore v. DEN
Randall Cobb v. DET

Pick 1 TE:
B Myers v. DEN
K Rudolph v. CHI

performance, non-PPR

dc_txtech
12-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Injuries have taken out 4 of my players(McFaddin,McCoy,Jordy,Harvin), so I've had to scramble (5 trades/pickups) to build something for a playoff run. What's your opinion on...

2nd RB to pair with AP:
Bryce Brown PHI @TB

Pick 2 WRs:
Greg Jennings v. DET
Mike Williams TB v. PHI
Denarius Moore v. DEN
Randall Cobb v. DET

Pick 1 TE:
B Myers v. DEN
K Rudolph v. CHI

Brown is way too hot to bench right now.

Cobb for sure and probably Williams. I don't love Mike Williams but Philly has a terrible pass defense. Moore had a decent game against Denver earlier in the season but I fear he might see a lot of Bailey. Jennings I don't feel like you can trust yet.

Myers is rolling especially if it's ppr but Rudolph has also been a solid start over the last few weeks. You really can't go wrong here but personally I would go Myers.

Hardcore Texan
12-06-2012, 03:26 PM
I am not sure if I should play Denarius Moore tonight. My other WR's are Brandon Marshall (shows questionable but should play), Cecil Shorts (concussion, doesn't look good for him to suit up), and Moore is usually my 3rd WR.

Guys on the bench are:
Maclin
Kendall Wright
Sidney Rice (also questionable)

I have to decide on Moore by tonight. Since he's healthy, I might just have to leave him in, cause if Shorts can't go (and he probably can't) than it's a toss up for one of these three.

Thoughts?

LikeMike
12-06-2012, 03:32 PM
I'd definetly play Moore - the matchup is good, and with Peyton he should get some good points. I'd say he is a much safer bet than Wright or Maclin - and with all the questionables I'd say go for it!

Hardcore Texan
12-06-2012, 03:35 PM
I'd definetly play Moore - the matchup is good, and with Peyton he should get some good points. I'd say he is a much safer bet than Wright or Maclin - and with all the questionables I'd say go for it!

Yeah, kind of where I am leaning. I shouldn't have even typed the name Maclin, I am to scared to play him, that QB situation in Philly has really hurt his fantasy value.

I'll probably replace Shorts with Rice if needed.

LikeMike
12-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Yeah, kind of where I am leaning. I shouldn't have even typed the name Maclin, I am to scared to play him, that QB situation in Philly has really hurt his fantasy value.

I'll probably replace Shorts with Rice if needed.

I feel you... I have Maclin burning a hole in my bench as well...

Dutchrudder
12-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Serious question here, first week of playoffs:

Aaron Rodgers vs DET or Matt Schaub @ NE

6 points per passing TD, -2 for INT, no loss on sacks, and 25 yards per point.

Playoffs
12-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Thoughts?
Marshall for sure, then Rice/Shorts/Maclin for me, check injury status.

My gut: I don't like Moore vs. Champ, even though Raiders should be behind & throwing. Week 4 was a Broncos blowout, and Moore was benched last week. (Watch him blow up, now!http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/Soizic22/a%20smilie/laugh-1.gif)

Letmethinkaboutthisforasecond Aaron Rogers.

My top QB this week, and I suggest you don't bench your studs. Good luck.

TEXANS84
12-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Quick help please:

Drew Brees vs. Giants or Matt Schaub vs. Patriots?

Playoffs
12-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Quick help please:

Drew Brees for me, final answer.

powda
12-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Quick help please:

Gotta go Brees. The track record is there even if last week sucked.

LikeMike
12-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Serious question here, first week of playoffs:

6 points per passing TD, -2 for INT, no loss on sacks, and 25 yards per point.

Definetly Rodgers! Schaub is way too inconsistent points wise - and Rodgers should put up big numbers in what will be a high scoring game...

LikeMike
12-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Quick help please:

Again I have to go against Schaub. Brees is just too good to sit...

dc_txtech
12-06-2012, 10:31 PM
I am not sure if I should play Denarius Moore tonight. My other WR's are Brandon Marshall (shows questionable but should play), Cecil Shorts (concussion, doesn't look good for him to suit up), and Moore is usually my 3rd WR.

Guys on the bench are:
Maclin
Kendall Wright
Sidney Rice (also questionable)

I have to decide on Moore by tonight. Since he's healthy, I might just have to leave him in, cause if Shorts can't go (and he probably can't) than it's a toss up for one of these three.

Thoughts?

Need to give us more time man.

:jogger:

Dutchrudder
12-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Definetly Rodgers! Schaub is way too inconsistent points wise - and Rodgers should put up big numbers in what will be a high scoring game...

Marshall for sure, then Rice/Shorts/Maclin for me, check injury status.

My gut: I don't like Moore vs. Champ, even though Raiders should be behind & throwing. Week 4 was a Broncos blowout, and Moore was benched last week. (Watch him blow up, now!http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/Soizic22/a%20smilie/laugh-1.gif)

Letmethinkaboutthisforasecond Aaron Rogers.

My top QB this week, and I suggest you don't bench your studs. Good luck.

Well, Schaub has outscored Rodgers in each of the last 3 weeks, so I'm a bit concerned. But as DKR said, "Dance with the one that brought you."

Hardcore Texan
12-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Need to give us more time man.

:jogger:

true story....oh no, i suck again :kubepalm:

How you been? Let's grab a beer soon.

Hardcore Texan
12-07-2012, 08:04 AM
What do you guys think I should do about my terrible RB situation

Dwyer
Turner/Rodgers (I have both)
Felix Jones
Alex Green

Right now, I am leaning toward Dwyer and Rodgers. I think Dwyer is definitely a start especially with big Ben coming back. (Vereen is available as a FA, that's a big crapshoot like Felix Jones IMO). I know nothing about Green.

Fili
12-07-2012, 08:09 AM

2nd RB to pair with AP:
Bryce Brown PHI @TB

Pick 2 WRs:
Greg Jennings v. DET
Mike Williams TB v. PHI
Denarius Moore v. DEN
Randall Cobb v. DET

Pick 1 TE:
B Myers v. DEN
K Rudolph v. CHI

performance, non-PPR

RB - Bryce Brown. He's had a great start.
WR -Randall Cobb and Mike Williams. Cobb is Rodgers' favorite target.
TE - Brandon Myers. He's a solid tight end compared to Rudolph.

Playoffs
12-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Dwyer
Turner/Rodgers (I have both)
Felix Jones
Alex Green
Dwyer & Turner for me.

Goldensilence
12-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Playoff week. Having a real hard call here between starting Nicks, Maclin, or Golden Tate.

Hardcore Texan
12-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Playoff week. Having a real hard call here between starting Nicks, Maclin, or Golden Tate.

I'd avoid Maclin, he's screwed me all year. Nicks is going to be knicked up, so maybe Tate by default.

Goldensilence
12-09-2012, 05:27 PM
I swear the FF Gods hate me. Start Tate... He's done nothing. Maclin goes for 21 and Nicks just caught his first TD in several games. OF course I sat both. FML.

Hardcore Texan
12-09-2012, 05:42 PM
I swear the FF Gods hate me. Start Tate... He's done nothing. Maclin goes for 21 and Nicks just caught his first TD in several games. OF course I sat both. FML.

I feel the same way. At least there is nothing I could have done, my opponenet but up 173.

Playoffs
12-09-2012, 06:57 PM
I suck.

Picked up all these top ranked guys at no small cost and I get practically nothing: Bryce Brown, Myers TE Raiders, Conner Barth.

Not my year. http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff49/bobjester/russian-roulette.gif

robroy72
12-10-2012, 08:15 AM
I have Ben Tate and Justin Forsett tonight but can only play one ... which one would you play?

Dutchrudder
12-10-2012, 09:48 AM
I have Ben Tate and Justin Forsett tonight but can only play one ... which one would you play?

I'd go with Justin Forsett. Tate still seems to be in the doghouse. Last game against the Titans Forsett had 14 carries, Tate had 3.

Heath Shuler
12-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Must win game:
PPR
Steve Johnson @ Miami
or
Brandon Lloyd @ Jags

Thanks

gtexan02
12-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Must win game:
PPR
Steve Johnson @ Miami
or
Brandon Lloyd @ Jags

Thanks

Steve Johnson is more consistent. You'll get at least 5 catches for 60 yards with him every game. Lloyd has a higher ceiling.

Tough call

SheTexan
12-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Led my league all year, went undefeated in my division, and lost the first playoff game last week. Still ticked off, but, such is life when ya play fantasy! Playin for third place this week, and here's my question.

OD or Decker? I played OD last week and PM targeted Decker all the damn day. OD didn't do squat! Partly why I lost, plus, my opponent go 17 points from his dang KICKER!! Go figure!:headhurts:

Playoffs
12-22-2012, 10:40 PM
OD or Decker?
Decker for me, good luck.

SheTexan
12-23-2012, 05:19 AM
Decker for me, good luck.

Thanks! It's a money league, so winning third will probably pay for my year! It's been fun!

Playoffs
12-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks! It's a money league, so winning third will probably pay for my year! It's been fun!$$$?

MeLoveTexans
12-30-2012, 10:15 AM
After winning my conference I am in the final in a 24 team super league. I need some advice on which qb to start, RG3 or Russell Wilson. Since this was a two conference league, there were two separate drafts and the guy I'm going against is starting Wilson. Should I start Wilson to cancel the points out, or start RG3 and hope he out scores Wilson. Any help appreciated

Playoffs
12-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Should I start Wilson to cancel the points out, or start RG3 and hope he out scores Wilson.Depends on what the rest of his team looks like vs. the rest of your team?

Between the two I prefer RGIII, but you've got other strategy to consider.

dc_txtech
12-30-2012, 11:18 AM
After winning my conference I am in the final in a 24 team super league. I need some advice on which qb to start, RG3 or Russell Wilson. Since this was a two conference league, there were two separate drafts and the guy I'm going against is starting Wilson. Should I start Wilson to cancel the points out, or start RG3 and hope he out scores Wilson. Any help appreciated

I would start RG3.

Dutchrudder
12-30-2012, 12:02 PM

Any league playing in week 17 needs a new commissioner. Nobody should be playing FF this week. I also play in a 24 team super league, and won it this year, but before we switched to that format we dropped a week of the regular season to make the Super Bowl week 16 like normal. Too many teams have nothing to play for in week 17 to make it a true FF Super Bowl.

MeLoveTexans
12-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Yea, it's a real crapshoot. I think we are gonna put it to a vote after this season to start the playoffs a week earlier. Thanks for the suggestions, all. I did go with RG3 after all.