PDA

View Full Version : Jake Locker

dream_team
09-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Has anyone else been watching him in the preseason? This guy impresses me. Doesn't bode well for us Texans fans... Titans have a good young nucleus on offense (Locker, CJ, Britt). And especially if Jared Cook pans out like a lot of experts are predicting.

Trap_Star
09-02-2011, 01:29 PM
not scared about locker, he's always had happy feet and is painfully inconsistent with his accuracy. that won't change in the pros, IMO. if britt continues to be a dumbass, i wont be worried about him either.

now CJ on the other hand...

Hervoyel
09-02-2011, 01:33 PM
not scared about locker, he's always had happy feet and is painfully inconsistent with his accuracy. that won't change in the pros, IMO. if britt continues to be a dumbass, i wont be worried about him either.

now CJ on the other hand...

I think CJ is at least as much of a dumbass as Britt. He just shows it in different ways. Very, very good back but if it's even possible for a 2,000 yard runner to be overrated then he is (at least in my opinion).

He looks like Superman to us because we've been trotting a ridiculously lousy defense out on the field for the last few years to try and stop him.

TheCD
09-02-2011, 02:18 PM
I think CJ is at least as much of a dumbass as Britt. He just shows it in different ways. Very, very good back but if it's even possible for a 2,000 yard runner to be overrated then he is (at least in my opinion).

He looks like Superman to us because we've been trotting a ridiculously lousy defense out on the field for the last few years to try and stop him.

And that whole "we don't need anyone to cover him...we'll just let him run at superhuman speed on a pass play uncovered" deal. :toropalm:

Blake
09-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Just be glad you are a Texans fan.

AJ vs. Britt (Britt is a dumbass)
Foster vs. CJ (CJ is a dumbass)
Schaub vs. Locker (Locker is a dumb... Locker is a rookie.)

infantrycak
09-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Has anyone else been watching him in the preseason? This guy impresses me. Doesn't bode well for us Texans fans... Titans have a good young nucleus on offense (Locker, CJ, Britt). And especially if Jared Cook pans out like a lot of experts are predicting.

Huh? He had two cruddy games and then one good game against New Orleans' scrubs. Not sure what to be impressed about so far.

b0ng
09-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Huh? He had two cruddy games and then one good game against New Orleans' scrubs. Not sure what to be impressed about so far.

I don't know he looked fairly decent in the first game.

I've always had a soft spot for Locker because I think he was a good prospect in the '10 draft but decided not to come out and that Washington team was not good.

Either way 2 of the teams in the AFCS are going to go through the vet QB stopgap -> young QB for the next year or two so we'll get to see first hand if Gabbert or Locker are the real deal.

Hardcore Texan
09-02-2011, 05:49 PM
We're good, they are starting Hasselbeck. :whip: