PDA

View Full Version : Dorin Dickerson

The Pencil Neck
09-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Just tweeted that he's going to miss his teammates.

The Pencil Neck
09-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Well it was fun while it lasted houston. Gonna miss my teammates and you great fans!
-- scorindorin

Blake
Just tweeted that he's going to miss his teammates.

Wow. Who are we planning on playing behind AJ, Walter and Jones?

Errant Hothy
Good luck to him.

Wonder if the team is looking to sign another vet once cuts start?

cj5776
09-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Well it was fun while it lasted houston. Gonna miss my teammates and you great fans!
-- scorindorin

should be on the practice squad

The Pencil Neck
09-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Wow. Who are we planning on playing behind AJ, Walter and Jones?

Gotta be the new guy.

I had high hopes for Dickerson. :(

The Pencil Neck
09-02-2011, 11:38 AM
should be on the practice squad

Hopefully but I'm not sure how many games he was active last year. He's pushing the edge of eligibility.

jaayteetx
09-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Had high hopes for him also, bummer. Hopefully the team knows what they're doing.

False Start
09-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Sucks, I thought he was gonna be a good player for this team.

El Tejano
09-02-2011, 11:46 AM
#14 got open more than Dickerson.

aussie_texan
09-02-2011, 11:47 AM
thats really surprising
yeah feel sorry for the guy now.

obviously didn't show the progression that Kubes wanted.
will be interesting who is the 5th now

aussie_texan
09-02-2011, 11:47 AM
#14 got open more than Dickerson.

townsel i think

IDEXAN
09-02-2011, 11:48 AM
They cutting him, that's a surprise ?
Who knows, maybe they are bringing back DA ?

Izzo01
09-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Good luck DD maybe getting cut will light a fire in him to start making progress wish it was with us though.

jaayteetx
09-02-2011, 11:53 AM
So who makes the team, my guess is Bryant Johnson and ????

silvrhand
09-02-2011, 11:54 AM
sometimes a change is good, we have a ton of TE talent here maybe he can go somewhere like the Giants that need a good heavy body at TE. Good Luck DD, don't quit on your dream yet!

The Pencil Neck
09-02-2011, 11:55 AM
They cutting him, that's a surprise ?
Who knows, maybe they are bringing back DA ?

I thought DA was doing well in Denver. Is he not?

rmartin65
09-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Surprising. I assumed that the coaches saw him as a 2-3 year project. It is hard to take a guy who played OLB just a few years ago, played a season or two at TE, and turn him into an NFL receiver. He had the size and physical attributes, I am really surprised here. Also, it is not like the 4 receiver does a lot outside of ST, and I thought he was a pretty good fit there.

thunderkyss
09-02-2011, 12:25 PM
He's probably still good for the practice squad isn't he?

Rey
09-02-2011, 12:36 PM
That's a shame.

Tons of talent...

Last night I don't think he really showed his explosiveness or ability to catch in traffic. Thought he'd stil make it though...

Thorn
09-02-2011, 12:40 PM
I had high hopes for this guy. To bad. I hope he catches on someplace.

El Tejano
09-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Surprising. I assumed that the coaches saw him as a 2-3 year project. It is hard to take a guy who played OLB just a few years ago, played a season or two at TE, and turn him into an NFL receiver. He had the size and physical attributes, I am really surprised here. Also, it is not like the 4 receiver does a lot outside of ST, and I thought he was a pretty good fit there.

When you look at all the other players producing, it makes sense if they keep a guy like Braman instead.

dream_team
09-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Just like everyone else, I wanted to see him pan out. But this team is looking to win now. And with how pathetic this team's special teams is, I hope they're picking guys for their special teams contributions rather than long term potential.

The guy had potential, no doubt. But his preseason play warrants a cut.

Btw, don't teams usually tell them right away they'll try to put him on PS? According to his tweet, they probably didn't say anything about PS.

b0ng
09-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Just like everyone else, I wanted to see him pan out. But this team is looking to win now. And with how pathetic this team's special teams is, I hope they're picking guys for their special teams contributions rather than long term potential.

The guy had potential, no doubt. But his preseason play warrants a cut.

Btw, don't teams usually tell them right away they'll try to put him on PS? According to his tweet, they probably didn't say anything about PS.

With the way twitter works I wouldn't be surprised if teams keep the PS guys to themselves until they clear waivers. You'd probably hear more about players tweeting "I'm on the practice squad!" which might make teams look at them harder before they clear waivers.

Corrosion
09-02-2011, 02:08 PM

I really thought the same thing.

I did notice in last nights game , he just doesnt have many of the fundamentals of the position down .... Could see him on the PS , or the team moving on.

Ryan
09-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Did this guy even do anything at all in the preseason this year? I remember he had a couple decent catches last preseason, but that's about all i remember of him.

Hervoyel
09-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Every year there's an undrafted free agent or day three draft pick who's going to be the steal of the draft. I was really thinking that Dorin would work out but it doesn't look like that's the case here. Since the offense is the side of the football that Gary's had consistently improving since he got here I'm not going to complain about this.

I think going 6-10 last year signaled the end for Dickerson. Yes, he was a multi-year project. No, Gary Kubiak no longer believes he has time for those kinds of projects. He has to win now or his time is up. Signing Bryant Johnson was a sign of that.

michaelm
09-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Every year there's an undrafted free agent or day three draft pick who's going to be the steal of the draft. I was really thinking that Dorin would work out but it doesn't look like that's the case here. Since the offense is the side of the football that Gary's had consistently improving since he got here I'm not going to complain about this.

I think going 6-10 last year signaled the end for Dickerson. Yes, he was a multi-year project. No, Gary Kubiak no longer believes he has time for those kinds of projects. He has to win now or his time is up. Signing Bryant Johnson was a sign of that.

The bolded may very well be correct, but regardless of why he was signed, I thought he was a natural fit out there. He's no all pro, but I think he will be a valuable piece in our offense.
He's already the 3rd best WR on the team, and might actually be better than KW once he learns the scheme.

GuerillaBlack
09-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Had high hopes for him. Giving up on him after one season? Sign Randy Moss.

ObsiWan
09-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Keep in mind that some of these younguns that are getting cut may well resurface on our P/S. So all is not lost yet.

maybe our favorites will sneak :tiptoe: thru waivers

leebigeztx
09-03-2011, 12:02 PM
I would've made him an h-back like casey post leach. He's athletic, but not quick twitch needed to be a wr. The team is loaded at te with a all pro type as lead dog. Vickers wil be the short yardage fb, but id prefer to have casey and dickerson at that spot.

Lucky
09-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Vickers wil be the short yardage fb, but id prefer to have casey and dickerson at that spot.
Vickers gives the team a lot of flexibility, as well. He can play in the one back offense, and can pickup the blitz. He will show his value during the season.

Dickerson was hurt by the lockout, as the offseason between a player's 1st and 2nd seasons is the most important. He has the physical ability, but not the technical skills. Had he become a special teams demon, Dickerson would still be on the roster. He just doesn't offer enough for a roster spot on what should be a good team.

BattleRedToro
09-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Had high hopes for him. Giving up on him after one season? Sign Randy Moss.

I'd rather have Terrell Owens than Randy Moss. For all of Terrell's problems atleast you can't say he quits on his team or takes plays off. He may be a self-promoting prima donna but he gives you everything he has.

Lucky
09-03-2011, 12:42 PM
I'd rather have Terrell Owens than Randy Moss.
So would I. But, Owens is still rehabbing from his knee surgery. And Moss has "retired".

BattleRedToro
09-03-2011, 12:45 PM
So would I. But, Owens is still rehabbing from his knee surgery. And Moss has "retired".

Yes, I know. Maybe the Texans will sign Owens when he is ready to play.:kitten:

Lucky
09-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Yes, I know. Maybe the Texans will sign Owens when he is ready to play.:kitten:
Don't hold your breath. Signing TO is not Texanish.

Section516
09-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Signs with Steelers, per Twitter

scorindorin Dorin Dickerson
Very blessed to be a part of the steelers organization!

Hervoyel
09-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Signs with Steelers, per Twitter

scorindorin Dorin Dickerson
Very blessed to be a part of the steelers organization!

Sweet!

Brandon420tx
09-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Nice, I was pulling for him to come back. He needs to work better at getting open, but he can be a good possession receiver

ObsiWan
09-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Nice, I was pulling for him to come back. He needs to work better at getting open, but he can be a good possession receiver

yeah, me too. I was kinda hoping it would be here.

Allstar
09-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Good for him, He's a Pitt guy so he should be pretty stoked about playing for the Steelers.

Dutchrudder
09-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Can we still trade for Steve Smith? That guy looked awesome yesterday.

GuerillaBlack
09-12-2011, 03:42 PM

He's not coming here anymore. Cam Newton will be a beast for ten years.

steelbtexan
09-13-2011, 02:54 AM

If I remember correctly, he wasn't worth a 3rd rd pick to many on the MB.

Corrosion
09-13-2011, 02:58 AM
He's not coming here anymore. Cam Newton will be a beast for ten years.

Newton wont be willing that team to any playoff victories for a while .... He'll be a good player but that team isnt very good.

I'd sure like to have Smith opposite AJ ....

beerlover
09-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Haven't seen this mentioned here yet-
Pittsburgh Steelers: Released TE/WR Dorin Dickerson off practice squad injured list with injury settlement. (9/20)
:vincepalm:

Thorn
09-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Well, damn. Hope he makes it somewhere. I always thought he'd make something of himself in the NFL.

thunderkyss
09-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Haven't seen this mentioned here yet-

:vincepalm:

I liked the idea of Dorin Dickerson. But when he was released, & I either heard him on the radio or read somewhere, he was saying he thought we were screwing up by trying to make him a WR, that he felt more comfortable in the TE/H-Back role.

But we've got 5 of them on the team.

If I was ever lucky enough to have the opportunity to play in the NFL, I'd hope that I would have the sense to play whatever position they wanted me to play.

If I were a 1st day pick it would be different.... but if I was one of those guys "most likely not to make the team." I'm your huckleberry, point me in the right direction.