PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones might have talked himself out of a bunch of money

Wolf
09-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was addressing fans at the team's recent kickoff luncheon, when he made mention of the league's new collective bargaining agreement. He added a little bit of a joke at the end, and now, that joke might end up putting some of Jones' money into the pocket of Jay Ratliff(notes).

"We have assured that we will have 10 years of where we don't have any issues with anything regarding clubs, players or those types of salaries. Now, I will make an exception," Jones said. "Jay Ratliff will tell you, 'You've got a big issue, Jerry, with my salary. I need a little more money.' "

That Jones would mention this so publicly was a surprise -- not an all together unpleasant surprise -- to Ratliff's agent, Mark Slough, who hadn't complained once about his client's contract. He had this to say.

"We certainly are not unhappy with our contract. Do we believe we outperformed the contract? Absolutely. Did we expect to outperform the contract. Sure. Are we bitter or unhappy? Not at all," Slough said. "You haven't heard us say one thing at all about our contract. We recognize the economic times we're in as a country ... We're not going to complain about what we get paid to play in the NFL. Having said that, we believe we've outperformed the deal and I don't think anyone would take issue with that or disagree with that. You want players on your team who outperform your deal."

And now, according to the Dallas Morning News, the Cowboys are talking to Ratliff about getting him a raise. That worked out pretty well for Team Ratliff.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Jerry-Jones-might-have-talked-himself-out-of-a-b?urn=nfl-wp6283

Dutchrudder
09-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Oh man, what a diva. They should trade Ratliff to the Texans...

Please?

DocBar
09-03-2011, 01:23 PM
"We certainly are not unhappy with our contract. Do we believe we outperformed the contract? Absolutely. Did we expect to outperform the contract. Sure. Are we bitter or unhappy? Not at all," Slough said. "You haven't heard us say one thing at all about our contract. We recognize the economic times we're in as a country ... We're not going to complain about what we get paid to play in the NFL. Having said that, we believe we've outperformed the deal and I don't think anyone would take issue with that or disagree with that. You want players on your team who outperform your deal." What's with all the "we" stuff from Ratliffe's agent? He should've stated that "we are unhappy with HIS contract. Did we expect HIM to outperform HIS contract?"
Regardless, I hope it costs Jones a ton of money just cuz I don't like him. Pretty much a jerk move to publicly call out a player who hasn't made a public issue of a contract dispute.

HJam72
09-03-2011, 05:53 PM
It's a secret:

Foster is running for a dollar a yard.

Shshshshshsshshshsshshshsh.

Don't tell his mom, y'all.