PDA

View Full Version : Denver Post Poll in today's edition on McDaniels...

Playoffs
08-31-2011, 11:12 PM
I was surfing around for NFL stories and was surprised to find this poll in today's Denver Post regarding Josh McDaniel's worst moves as Head Coach. I found the choice difficult and wanted to see which option TT.com members chose.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2011/0831/20110831_040639_poll-joshmcdaniels_001.jpg
Among the good, bad and ugly moves by former Broncos coach Josh McDaniels, [these] stand out as especially questionable. But which was the Hooded One's worst move in Denver?

dc_txtech
08-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Many worthwhile answers but I have to go with trading Peyton Hillis and two draft picks for Brady Quinn as the worst move he made.

Trap_Star
08-31-2011, 11:37 PM
1. cutler was butthurt over daniels possibly bringing cassel in. cutler wanted out.

2. they're not panning out so far, but it's not like he drafted tebow in the 1st ro...oh wait.

3. free agent bust. it's not like he gave him $100M.

4. i dont think anyone ever expected hillis to have the kind of year he did last year.

5. winner....not only did he draft him in the first, even though it was painfully obvious he is/was not an NFL caliber QB, but he traded up for him. you draft a bust QB in the 1st, that's your ass right there.

The Pencil Neck
09-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Peyton Hillis was a 7th round draft choice. (Who I wanted us to get.) Trading him for a former 1st round draft choice? I've got no real problem with that. Hillis had been injured the year before. While I PERSONALLY would never have made that trade and thought he was stupid for doing it, I won't castigate him too much for it.

But Tebow? Really? And trading back up into the first to get him? That was just silliness. He probably could have waited until the 3rd or 4th to pick him up.

bah007
09-01-2011, 01:37 AM
I actually thought the Cutler trade was a good move on Denver's part. Other than that, McDaniels fails.

Trap_Star
09-01-2011, 01:39 AM
other: accepting the job

Dutchrudder
09-01-2011, 10:31 AM
I have to go with the Peyton Hillis trade, not so much because Hillis turned out to be a beast, but because they actually paid something of value for Brady Quinn.

Hervoyel
09-01-2011, 05:13 PM
1. cutler was butthurt over daniels possibly bringing cassel in. cutler wanted out.

2. they're not panning out so far, but it's not like he drafted tebow in the 1st ro...oh wait.

3. free agent bust. it's not like he gave him $100M.

4. i dont think anyone ever expected hillis to have the kind of year he did last year.

5. winner....not only did he draft him in the first, even though it was painfully obvious he is/was not an NFL caliber QB, but he traded up for him. you draft a bust QB in the 1st, that's your ass right there.

I did. I was talking about the Texans prying him free of Denver's roster long before he was traded. Pairing him with Arian Foster would have been sick.

Rick_Moon
09-02-2011, 10:34 AM
I voted for drafting Baby Jesus, but the biggest mistake he ever made isn't on that list. It was benching Brandon Marshall in the season finale against the Kansas City Chiefs.The playoffs were on the line, and they got blown out.