PDA

View Full Version : Ok y'all...

TexMexMom
08-31-2011, 02:49 PM
Surely what I tell you about Arian won't speed around the internet like his tweets did, but this is getting beyond crazy!

Arian has a great sense of humor. Does everyone get it? No, but it's there and if you talk to him in person, you'll see it immediately. The pic of his hammy was from the day after the SF game. The white stuff is probably just fluid. There was no tear and he is fine. He's been cleared of anything major and now will just ease back when he's feeling ready.

My advice to him was to be true to himself. Will everyone like it? No. But I don't believe he should live his life in accordance to anyone else, as long as he is not breaking laws or bringing shame and embarrassment to the Texans organization, his wife and daughter, or us as a family. As his mother, I just want him to remain who he is.

Arian is not one to be changed by income. Is it wonderful for him to be able to provide for himself, wife and daughter? Absolutely! But never if it is going to change who he is as a human being...above and beyond football.

I read the mega thread about this whole thing. Y'all can choose to believe me or not...it's your call, but Arian is more driven and passionate about this game than most will ever know. You should be able to tell that by his reaction to Fantasy Football. He understands the draw and popularity but he sees the change in the fandom because of it. He and his brother played football since they were 7 & 9 years old. They grew up around it. Their dad played in college and had a brief stint with the Broncos back in the late 70's, early 80's. It's what we all loved to do as a family. Watch, play or talk about football. Even before Arian attended the University of Tennessee, we were SEC folks all the way. Ok, Florida State too.

On New Year's Day, our family tradition was to get up early and watch Bowl games all day long. I fixed huge pots of green chile stew and red chile posole and we ate and watched football. It's what we do.

My dad was an avid football watcher but he loved the Redskins. He taught me all there was to know about the game at an early age but allowed me to pick my own team. So in the 6th grade, I became a Raider fan. My daughter, who's 29, is still a die hard Raider fan because of me. My other son latched onto the 49ers.(?) We enjoyed the hard core rivalries growing up. It is tradition with us and truly the one thing that bonds us all still to this day.

I say all this only to explain to you that Arian loves the game. He knows about fandom. Hell, one time the Raiders were playing the Chargers when Kellen Winslow (Sr.) was killing us at the end of the game. I screamed at the TV that I hoped he would break a leg. To my horror, he did get injured and if I remember correctly, it was serious enough to alter his career. I learned my lesson. I've never done it since and it made me look at players in a whole different light. I swear it affected me deeply. So when my sons started to play the game, I worked really hard to make sure that folks knew they were PEOPLE first, players as a secondary thing. I preached to my sons that a football player was not who they are, but something that they do.

That's why I know this game and all its byproducts, good and bad, will not change who Arian Foster is. So relax. He's a good guy with good intentions and if he screws up again, you know then he's just like the rest of us.

***Forgive the long post***

Thorn
08-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Nice to see you back TexMexMom, and thanks for posting your opinion. :)

The stuff you read here is written by rabid fans starved of a decent NFL team for a long time now. I wouldn't take it seriously, or personally. As far as I know, we are all Arian fans here.

Texans_Chick
08-31-2011, 02:56 PM
This can never be said enough. Moms rule. :texans chick:

Perki-Perk
08-31-2011, 03:06 PM
I think it's outstanding to have a relative of one of the players posting regularly on the board here and not hiding who they are. Especially when it's somebody related to someone of Arian's caliber. (After reading your post, I feel like I get to call him that for some reason. :))

Errant Hothy
08-31-2011, 03:08 PM
The stuff you read here is written by rabid fans starved of a decent NFL team for a long time now. I wouldn't take it seriously, or personally. As far as I know, we are all Arian fans here.

This, a thousand times this.

Most, if not all, of us are starting to approach the crest of the preseason/it's almost real football time fervor. We are desperate for news, any news, on the time, it's players and especially it's stars. Give us a morsel and we will jump on it like a pack of starved rats.

More power to Arian's sense of humor, eagerly awaiting ESPN and Clayton's response to falling for a joke and thanks for posting TexMexMOM, ma'am.

badboy
08-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Surely what I tell you about Arian won't speed around the internet like his tweets did, but this is getting beyond crazy!

Arian has a great sense of humor. Does everyone get it? No, but it's there and if you talk to him in person, you'll see it immediately. The pic of his hammy was from the day after the SF game. The white stuff is probably just fluid. There was no tear and he is fine. He's been cleared of anything major and now will just ease back when he's feeling ready.

My advice to him was to be true to himself. Will everyone like it? No. But I don't believe he should live his life in accordance to anyone else, as long as he is not breaking laws or bringing shame and embarrassment to the Texans organization, his wife and daughter, or us as a family. As his mother, I just want him to remain who he is.

Arian is not one to be changed by income. Is it wonderful for him to be able to provide for himself, wife and daughter? Absolutely! But never if it is going to change who he is as a human being...above and beyond football.

I read the mega thread about this whole thing. Y'all can choose to believe me or not...it's your call, but Arian is more driven and passionate about this game than most will ever know. You should be able to tell that by his reaction to Fantasy Football. He understands the draw and popularity but he sees the change in the fandom because of it. He and his brother played football since they were 7 & 9 years old. They grew up around it. Their dad played in college and had a brief stint with the Broncos back in the late 70's, early 80's. It's what we all loved to do as a family. Watch, play or talk about football. Even before Arian attended the University of Tennessee, we were SEC folks all the way. Ok, Florida State too.

On New Year's Day, our family tradition was to get up early and watch Bowl games all day long. I fixed huge pots of green chile stew and red chile posole and we ate and watched football. It's what we do.

My dad was an avid football watcher but he loved the Redskins. He taught me all there was to know about the game at an early age but allowed me to pick my own team. So in the 6th grade, I became a Raider fan. My daughter, who's 29, is still a die hard Raider fan because of me. My other son latched onto the 49ers.(?) We enjoyed the hard core rivalries growing up. It is tradition with us and truly the one thing that bonds us all still to this day.

I say all this only to explain to you that Arian loves the game. He knows about fandom. Hell, one time the Raiders were playing the Chargers when Kellen Winslow (Sr.) was killing us at the end of the game. I screamed at the TV that I hoped he would break a leg. To my horror, he did get injured and if I remember correctly, it was serious enough to alter his career. I learned my lesson. I've never done it since and it made me look at players in a whole different light. I swear it affected me deeply. So when my sons started to play the game, I worked really hard to make sure that folks knew they were PEOPLE first, players as a secondary thing. I preached to my sons that a football player was not who they are, but something that they do.

That's why I know this game and all its byproducts, good and bad, will not change who Arian Foster is. So relax. He's a good guy with good intentions and if he screws up again, you know then he's just like the rest of us.

***Forgive the long post***It is great to see you back and posting on MB. Welcome and I hope you and your's are well. I remember the info you presented to us the year Arian was signed but you went away; it must be hard to see your child discussed and evaluated by only minimal information we think we have. Anyway, I for one thank you for any info you provide. I don't know of any poster who thinks your son is not a great football player but some get concerned with things he allegedly says. I have argued for years to get a big, strong RB and Arian filled that dream. I also like Ward and Tate and hope Arian is open to giving up a few carries to his teammates so he will be strong and rested into the play offs.

Please pass on my compliments on how he is handling his contract in this last year. He has won a lot of respect from people I encounter by his maturity. I expect him to lead us to several Super Bowls.

Steve

GlassHalfFull
08-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks for posting. You are a brave woman for joining here and must have a wonderful sense of perspective and balance for not letting what gets posted here get to you.

Houston as a town is long overdue for some good news in sports, forgive us for being antsy before the season starts.

:glasshalffull:

ps, make Khari make you your own emoticon. you deserve one.

Vinny
08-31-2011, 03:14 PM
once the games start most of the drama will leech out of this weird off-season-lockout, end of humanity, it's hot as hell this summer (or we are flooding like crazy), lead in to the regular season. The FF crowd will get goofy with any injury to a top 3 pick....it's like the scorpion and the turtle story.

Playoffs
08-31-2011, 03:18 PM
...Arian Foster is ... a good guy with good intentions...
We know this.

Ignore the naysayers. :tiphat:

Blake
08-31-2011, 03:23 PM
I enjoy his sense of humor. But I dont like to see this kind of attention payed to our team for tweets and what not. I hope Arian learns to interact with Texans/Arian fans, rather than the media, or other teams fans or 'fantasy football only' fans.

drunkcookie
08-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Thank you for everything... Like having Arian and raising him and stuff, I'm sure you are all enjoying the results as well...

Pro-awesomeness...

RagingBull
08-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Their dad ... had a brief stint with the Broncos back in the late 70's, early 80's.

Ah, that explains how we were lucky enough to get Arian. I KNEW there had to be a Broncos or CSU connection somehow.

Don't worry about all the media hype. Arian is just so far away from what the media has come to expect from a running back intellectually that they just don't know what to make of him.

beerlover
08-31-2011, 03:36 PM
All he did was led the NFL in rushing yet one gets the impression that was just a tip of the iceberg. Get well Arian

HOU-TEX
08-31-2011, 03:44 PM
I actually follow Arian on Twitter and love his tweets.

But let me ask you this, TexMexMom. Do you really have Arian on your fantasy football team? Ha

TexansFanatic
08-31-2011, 03:45 PM

Not only forgiven----looking forward to more!

Thanks!

Double Barrel
08-31-2011, 04:00 PM
Thank you so much, TexMexMom, for sharing your perspective with us. It is truly an amazing day and age when we can read the thoughts of someone so close to a player that we cherish so much.

I am teaching my 9 yo son the same ideals that you mentioned in your post. He has become a big fan of football the past couple of years, and in his zeal to support the team, sometimes he goes overboard. I had to remind him that it's not a good thing to wish injury on an opponent or revel in a player getting hurt, even if it is Peyton Manning. I teach him that ALL players are individual people, with the same hopes and desires that we have, the same love in their hearts for their families that we share with each other as a family.

So thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us. I plan to let him read your post when I get home tonight. He will be thrilled that he's reading the words typed from Arian Foster's mom! Along with Andre Johnson, Arian is one of his heroes. And please thank your son on my behalf for being such a stand-up guy that I can allow own son to look up to him. That cannot be said for many athletes these days. I had Earl Campbell growing up, and I am very thankful that our hometown team has solid people playing for them in that regard.

And tell Arian that his TD celebration is about as classy as you can get. My son now does it when he's scored a touchdown, and gets compliments from coaches, opponents, and refs for showing such respect. That is a wonderful thing to share with a young boy. Sportsmanship and honor are traits that are often learned by example, and Arian is an excellent role model in that regard. :)

badboy
08-31-2011, 04:13 PM
Thank you so much, TexMexMom, for sharing your perspective with us. It is truly an amazing day and age when we can read the thoughts of someone so close to a player that we cherish so much.

I am teaching my 9 yo son the same ideals that you mentioned in your post. He has become a big fan of football the past couple of years, and in his zeal to support the team, sometimes he goes overboard. I had to remind him that it's not a good thing to wish injury on an opponent or revel in a player getting hurt, even if it is Peyton Manning. I teach him that ALL players are individual people, with the same hopes and desires that we have, the same love in their hearts for their families that we share with each other as a family.

So thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us. I plan to let him read your post when I get home tonight. He will be thrilled that he's reading the words typed from Arian Foster's mom! Along with Andre Johnson, Arian is one of his heroes. And please thank your son on my behalf for being such a stand-up guy that I can allow own son to look up to him. That cannot be said for many athletes these days. I had Earl Campbell growing up, and I am very thankful that our hometown team has solid people playing for them in that regard.

And tell Arian that his TD celebration is about as classy as you can get. My son now does it when he's scored a touchdown, and gets compliments from coaches, opponents, and refs for showing such respect. That is a wonderful thing to share with a young boy. Sportsmanship and honor are traits that are often learned by example, and Arian is an excellent role model in that regard. :)Good post, DB and thanks for posting how you work with
your son. I know there are fathers out there working with their children and I always try to compliment them. Too many dads not stepping up. I host a men's group Weds nights and we focus on the importance of being good men and good fathers. Kudos to you sir!

Norg
08-31-2011, 04:17 PM
First of all who cares how Arian Acts !!!!!!!!

Most people only care how good he runs on SUnday

for thoes hipsters who check his daily twitter life everyday maybe they care

just my 2 cents

hookinreds
08-31-2011, 04:25 PM
***Forgive the long post*** Take it with a grain of salt mamma and understand where all this fodder is coming from. I personally find his approach humorous and honest. It might get him an evil eye from the Front Office and the League, but I appreciate what he's doing.

infantrycak
08-31-2011, 04:38 PM

Damn, I love a good posole. I make it for our family. If you feel up to it, please PM me any suggestions you have.

Glad you have a thick skin because in any group there will be some outliers with weird opinions. But I think it is safe to say we all want Arian to do well both in his recovery and this season. I would like to reiterate what DB said about Arian's TD celebration - very classy.

Thanks for your family story.

silvrhand
08-31-2011, 04:39 PM

TexMexMom, I agree, but at the same time by posting his tweets in a limited fashion he's going to take some criticism when he posts or says things that are open to interpretation. That's just how it is these days with the social media and instant gratification soceity. He'll learn to adjust his wording a bit or he'll continue to post what he wants and learn to deal with what people interpret it as and judge him on his tweets.

That's just how it is though, like it, love it, or hate it but it is what it is in today's soceity. I'm just glad we didn't have facebook/twitter/digital cameras when I was in high school/college no telling what I would have posted or said lol.

SuperRY
08-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Why would Arian post that?!?!

You know the doctors and coaches for IND, MIA, & NO are using the MRI to their advantage! Why give the enemy any info on injuries and the upper hand on game planning.

Kubs and Smith are going to be pissed.

Grow up Arian... You got benched for a half game last year because you couldn't handle your professional business...

Thorn
08-31-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm just glad we didn't have facebook/twitter/digital cameras when I was in high school/college no telling what I would have posted or said lol.

When I was in school, facebook was getting slammed in the face with a book, twitter was what you were doing right after that, and no one in school could afford a camera.

ObsiWan
08-31-2011, 04:45 PM
He's a good guy with good intentions and if he screws up again, you know then he's just like the rest of us.

Hey, I see Arian's evil plan for what it is. He's doing his part to get all the negative nellies off of Mario's and Kareem's back. I haven't seen a "trade Mario" or "Kareem Jackson sucks" thread since Arian made his now infamous tweet.

Tell him congratulations for me. His plan to take the heat and hostility off of his teammates' backs is working beautifully.
:D

DX-TEX
08-31-2011, 04:45 PM

You know the doctors and coaches for IND, MIA, & NO are using the MRI to their advantage! Why give the enemy any info on injuries and the upper hand on game planning.

Grow up Arian... You got benched for a half game last year because you couldn't handle your professional business...

It was a joke. Chris Johnson just tweeted "STFU" to all the Titans fans and your worried about Arian posting an MRI pic? REALLY?

Tonaaayyyy
08-31-2011, 04:52 PM
I stopped by to say "hi" to Arian at the HEB on buffalo speedway but I didn't get any of that humor, but anyways, hope he recovers soon!

Hardcore Texan
08-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks for posting TMM. We love our Texans here and most of us think of them as people first! I have definitely picked up on his humor and his intellegence. Seems like a very grounded young man.

drs23
08-31-2011, 05:15 PM

:goodpost:

I appreciate your insight and your willingness to participate on this MB. As others have already noted Arian is indeed a class act. I'm proud to have him as a member on my team.

Congratulations on raising a fine young man. Truely a class act. Not to mention a dadgum great football player!

My hat's off to you. :tiphat:

valleytexfan
08-31-2011, 05:20 PM
Appreciate the honesty and I for one took it at face value. Following Arian on Twitter and such lets you know that he cares for his fans. He wasn't being a jerk but this is typical media spin. There are people concerned for his health (Texans fans especially) on the football field and not just because of fantasy football. As for the X-ray, again, just Arian's humor and showing that to his fans. Nothing to see here, national media.
But the "hey loser, why didn't you get 200 yards?" @tweets surely get old I would imagine.
Go Arian and Go Texans!:fans:

Ryan
08-31-2011, 05:25 PM

You seriously had to post this in two threads? LOL, it was bad enough you stole practically the entire thing from SC.

And on topic now, I definitely understood Arian's sense of humor. He sounds like i would be if i was on that level as far as humor goes. People need to lighten up.

TexansBlood
08-31-2011, 05:31 PM
Where's GP at with his 5k word response?

But on a serious note good job on raising such a great man!

Texas T
08-31-2011, 05:42 PM
I get that it was humor...the biggest problem with Twitter and the like, is that all inflection is lost. So in some cases the humor is lost.

I will say this-when I see an Arian Foster tweet I take it with a grain of salt-because his humor obviously doesn't always translate. But in the case of "his" MRI picture the words under the picture lets everyone in that it was a joke.

I also thought that his comments about Fantasy Football people was funny, and yes I play.

TexMexMom-great job raising a great son. Even if he is misunderstood by the majority. But I will say that everyone, Texan fan or not, is extremely impressed with his abilities on the field. Here's to a long career for him, with the Texans of course.

GP
08-31-2011, 05:42 PM
I hate it when people make this a deal of needing to be a complete rah-rah homer..or you gotta' be painted as being a naysayer/outlier who has goofy opinions that should be ignored or taken with a grain of salt.

Somewhere in-between is the truth.

So here's my shot at the truth, which is somewhere in-between:

(1.) On one side, thanks for taking the time to tell us more about you and your family. I read all of it, enjoyed all all of it, and it's cool that you would come here and share with us.

(2.) On the other side, you're his mom and we all know that mom's gonna' have our backs through thick and through thin (as they should, by the way!).

The truth (which is sandwiched between #1 and #2 here) is this: Arian is his own man, makes his own decisions, and he's human and gonna' fail like any other mortal man would. Day to day decision-making is inherently rife with plenty of chances to make mistakes. IMO, his mistakes are magnified because of the amount of people "following" him and the success and subsequent fan favor that comes with that. That's not Arian's fault, it's not the public's fault, it just is what it is and it's been that way forever.

I'm entitled to my opinion, as are others, and I don't even recall anybody really "hating" on Arian for his style of communication on the Internets. I've said, and I will maintain and continue to say that anything a person tweets--due to the limited content space you are given on twitter--is going to have a good shot at being misunderstood if it's cryptic in nature or semi-condescending or sarcastic or emotionally-charged, etc. The person automatically leaves it open to interpretation, and I don't buy the horsecrap some people are offering about how it's only the fault of the stupid people who don't know what Arian means in his messages.

To that degree, I think it's shallow for some people to divide everyone involved into groups and paint themselves as being the smart, understanding person and the others as being nitpicking nitwits. Not leveling this charge at you, but at others who seem to find joy in dividing and conquering.

Your son is a great person. He came in as an UDFA, by which he calculated very wisely his chances for making the roster AND earning the starter's role as well. He didn't whine about being undrafted, he didn't try to stir up anything when he was virtually unknown by most fans and the media here. He just stuck it out and kept grinding away. That's what I see in Arian: A guy who is a hard worker, loyal to his own personality and to those who are in his life (such as you), and an incredibly talented running back that we're very lucky to have latched onto!

I hope my post here wasn't scathing. I didn't mean it to be. I just wanted to say that even those who are being critical are being critical for reasons that are not as awful as being painted by others. We all want the same thing: Arian to play well, Texans to win, and everybody celebrate a Lombardi Trophy being hoisted in the air. I hope we all get what we want!

CloakNNNdagger
08-31-2011, 05:50 PM
I hate it when people make this a deal of needing to be a complete rah-rah homer..or you gotta' be painted as being a naysayer/outlier who has goofy opinions that should be ignored or taken with a grain of salt.

(1.) On one side, thanks for taking the time to tell us more about you and your family. I read all of it, enjoyed all all of it, and it's cool that you would come here and share with us.

(2.) On the other side, you're his mom and we all know that mom's gonna' have our backs through thick and through thin (as they should, by the way!).

The truth (which is sandwiched between #1 and #2 here) is this: Arian is his own man, makes his own decisions, and he's human and gonna' fail like any other mortal man would. Day to day decision-making is inherently rife with plenty of chances to make mistakes. IMO, his mistakes are magnified because of the amount of people "following" him and the success and subsequent fan favor that comes with that. That's not Arian's fault, it's not the public's fault, it just is what it is and it's been that way forever.

I'm entitled to my opinion, as are others, and I don't even recall anybody really "hating" on Arian for his style of communication on the Internets. I've said, and I will maintain and continue to say that anything a person tweets--due to the limited content space you are given on twitter--is going to have a good shot at being misunderstood if it's cryptic in nature or semi-condescending or sarcastic or emotionally-charged, etc. The person automatically leaves it open to interpretation, and I don't buy the horsecrap some people are offering about how it's only the fault of the stupid people who don't know what Arian means in his messages.

To that degree, I think it's shallow for some people to divide everyone involved into groups and paint themselves as being the smart, understanding person and the others as being nitpicking nitwits. Not leveling this charge at you, but at others who seem to find joy in dividing and conquering.

Your son is a great person. He came in as an UDFA, by which he calculated very wisely his chances for making the roster AND earning the starter's role as well. He didn't whine about being undrafted, he didn't try to stir up anything when he was virtually unknown by most fans and the media here. He just stuck it out and kept grinding away. That's what I see in Arian: A guy who is a hard worker, loyal to his own personality and to those who are in his life (such as you), and an incredibly talented running back that we're very lucky to have latched onto!

I hope my post here wasn't scathing. I didn't mean it to be. I just wanted to say that even those who are being critical are being critical for reasons that are not as awful as being painted by others. We all want the same thing: Arian to play well, Texans to win, and everybody celebrate a Lombardi Trophy being hoisted in the air. I hope we all get what we want!

Must spread the rep.:tiphat:

thunderkyss
08-31-2011, 05:51 PM

Posole??

MMMM---hmmmm....... Can I come over?

False Start
08-31-2011, 05:53 PM
Thanks for posting, good to have you back around. Some folks trip out over too many things. As long as Arian isn't a jailbird, or a bad person in general, I could care less. To hell with what people think. I don't play Fantasy Football, so that has no effect on me. I like him as a person, and player. :texflag:

SuperRY
08-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Foster has broken team rules by posting the MRI picture and will be disciplined by the Texans internally.

ESAD2-14
08-31-2011, 06:26 PM
Is there any way I could get that recipe for green chile stew? I love that stuff.

ObsiWan
08-31-2011, 06:45 PM

I'm sorry could you reduce that to 144 characters or less?
oh, and I repped you btw

GP
08-31-2011, 07:07 PM
I just want to re-post (sort of like re-tweeting) what I said in post #33:

I'm entitled to my opinion, as are others, and I don't even recall anybody really "hating" on Arian for his style of communication on the Internets. I've said, and I will maintain and continue to say that anything a person tweets--due to the limited content space you are given on twitter--is going to have a good shot at being misunderstood if it's cryptic in nature or semi-condescending or sarcastic or emotionally-charged, etc.

If Arian played a joke on people, by posting a fake MRI--But remember what CND said, though, that it's a 3-to-4-week recovery on that particular MRI image--then Arian is doing exactly what I spelled out (above). He's using twitter to get someone's goat, to provoke a response and then to laugh at them and act like the over-reactionary "public" is guilty of being the bad guy here.

That, folks, is not cool. Is this guy a football player, or is he not? Would Peyton Manning get on twitter and do that? Tom Brady? Andre Johnson?

Just because he's good at his job, and because he's a star now, doesn't gain him slack with me. If anything, he should be so grateful for the opportunity and the responsibility that comes with his success that he would stop with the social media shenanigans.

Nobody here has a right to piss and moan about Eric Winston's cravings for the limelight unless you're ready to dish it out to Arian Foster too.

So this is what it has come to: Arian Foster using twitter to call out "sick" people in FFL's, then trying to condescend to a nationally-syndicated radio host (Cowherd), then half-ass apologizing for it, then mom coming here to better explain who Arian is and why people should relax about his style of communication, and now he tweets a photo (or fake photo) of his hamstring MRI, and the Texans are going to have a sit down with him.

Sounds like anti-awesomeness, if you ask me.

Rey
08-31-2011, 07:10 PM
I just want to re-post (sort of like re-tweeting) what I said in post #33:

If Arian played a joke on people, by posting a fake MRI--But remember what CND said, though, that it's a 3-to-4-week recovery on that particular MRI image--then Arian is doing exactly what I spelled out (above). He's using twitter to get someone's goat, to provoke a response and then to laugh at them and act like the over-reactionary "public" is guilty of being the bad guy here.

That, folks, is not cool. Is this guy a football player, or is he not? Would Peyton Manning get on twitter and do that? Tom Brady? Andre Johnson?

Just because he's good at his job, and because he's a star now, doesn't gain him slack with me. If anything, he should be so grateful for the opportunity and the responsibility that comes with his success that he would stop with the social media shenanigans.

Nobody here has a right to piss and moan about Eric Winston's cravings for the limelight unless you're ready to dish it out to Arian Foster too.

So this is what it has come to: Arian Foster using twitter to call out "sick" people in FFL's, then trying to condescend to a nationally-syndicated radio host (Cowherd), then half-ass apologizing for it, then mom coming here to better explain who Arian is and why people should relax about his style of communication, and now he tweets a photo (or fake photo) of his hamstring MRI, and the Texans are going to have a sit down with him.

Sounds like anti-awesomeness, if you ask me.

It's really not that serious.

Double Barrel
08-31-2011, 07:18 PM

What you fail to understand is that molehills do look like mountains to ants. :winky:

GP
08-31-2011, 07:19 PM

How is it not?

The Texans think it is serious. Are they stupid? There's going to be ramifications, rey, and that's the truth.

The events have played out in such a way, one after another, that it's been snowballin' and gaining momentum.

Surely, deep down inside, you know that the MRI tweet was the cherry on top. The Texans have seen enough, and they don't share your lack of concern.

GP
08-31-2011, 07:22 PM
What you fail to understand is that molehills do look like mountains to ants. :winky:

Oh, so you know better than the Texans brass too? I guess they're as small as other wee little ants on here too, huh?

All this has done is make asses out of you guys who were high-fiving Arian's mom for having posted on here. Ya' threw in your lot, rather quickly, and then the MRI tweet happened and changed the whole landscape of the discussion.

And now people have to either say "Damn, what is he doin'?" or they have to throw continual cheap shots at those who went against the grain.

Double Barrel
08-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Oh, so you know better than the Texans brass too? I guess they're as small as other wee little ants on here too, huh?

All this has done is make asses out of you guys who were high-fiving Arian's mom for having posted on here. Ya' threw in your lot, rather quickly, and then the MRI tweet happened and changed the whole landscape of the discussion.

And now people have to either say "Damn, what is he doin'?" or they have to throw continual cheap shots at those who went against the grain.

Wow, that's a whole lot of assumption on your part from my little sarcastic reply. Honestly, man, you gave too much thought about my flippant comment, especially to only end up misconstruing it by soooo much.

In the words of one poster around here: "meh"

I have no regrets in my thoughts to Arian's mom or my feelings toward the individual named Arian Foster. But I'm a smartass, and I would not expect the Serious People like you to understand it. Then again, your dissertations on everything Texans are only really meant for the Serious People, I suppose, because I can't make it through one of them.

That you think I'm an ass, my only reply can be eeeee-aaaawe!

IT'S JUST A FREAKIN' GAME, DUDE.

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/zerosignal/francis.jpg

Brisco_County
08-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Just now from ESPN:

This just in: Arian Foster's mother posts in a public forum that she hopes Ben Tate breaks his leg in the season opener against Indianapolis. No comment yet from Arian Foster.

Rey
08-31-2011, 07:40 PM
How is it not?

The Texans think it is serious. Are they stupid? There's going to be ramifications, rey, and that's the truth.

The events have played out in such a way, one after another, that it's been snowballin' and gaining momentum.

Surely, deep down inside, you know that the MRI tweet was the cherry on top. The Texans have seen enough, and they don't share your lack of concern.

A couple things.

Just because the texans front office does it doesn't make it smart and I'm surprised that you would throw that logic into your argument. That said, he violated team rules and should face the consequences.

But I don't think this is an issue that really requires analyzing or play by play breakdown.

He put an MRI out there trying to be humorous. He broke team rules, he'll get punished. Really, what more is there? Are you really complaining about his personality?

I find your posts to be a lot more spicy than the actual story.

GP
08-31-2011, 07:41 PM
Wow, that's a whole lot of assumption on your part from my little sarcastic reply. Honestly, man, you gave too much thought about my flippant comment, especially to only end up misconstruing it by soooo much.

In the words of one poster around here: "meh"

I have no regrets in my thoughts to Arian's mom or my feelings toward the individual named Arian Foster. But I'm a smartass, and I would not expect the Serious People like you to understand it. Then again, your dissertations on everything Texans are only really meant for the Serious People, I suppose, because I can't make it through one of them.

That you think I'm an ass, my only reply can be eeeee-aaaawe!

IT'S JUST A FREAKIN' GAME, DUDE.

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/zerosignal/francis.jpg

You know, just decide already if you like me or hate me. Whichever one, it doesn't really matter to me.

How you can be nice as pie to me in one post, and then turn around and treat me like a louse in the next one is beyond me. Pick an opinion of me and stick with it.

But I call a spade a spade. Always have, always will.

Arian Foster is not a God. And too many people have caught a case of Big Man on Campus-itis. He is flawed, and he has shown a string of flaws that are COMPOUNDING.

This is not my fault for pointing it out. I didn't create this mess, I'm just commenting on it.

Would you tell Bob, Gary, and Rick this same stuff? I bet they'd stare at you and say "Well, it's not a mole hill and it's not a mountain, but it's somewhere in-between. We're trying to stop it from becoming a mountain."

The dude goof'd up. Period. I'm an a-hole for picking a position and sticking with it? Okie dokie. It's pretty obvious the guy went over the top and is now being addressed by Texans brass for it. I'm not so sure they would use the Sergeant Hulka "Lighten Up, Francis" image to describe their opinion on this. Do you agree?

GP
08-31-2011, 07:47 PM
A couple things.

Just because the texans front office does it doesn't make it smart and I'm surprised that you would throw that logic into your argument. That said, he violated team rules and should face the consequences.

But I don't think this is an issue that really requires analyzing or play by play breakdown.

He put an MRI out there trying to be humorous. He broke team rules, he'll get punished. Really, what more is there?

What more is there? Oh, I'd say a HUGE ASS contract for Arian Foster would be what's more. Or not. Deciding if the guy you want to give franchise RB money to is ready for the role or wants to be a full-time prankster and social media superstar (at the expense of others, by the way).

Like I said, I think you're marginalizing this without thinking about all the various things that a team's owner and front office and coaches have to consider when making plans for the future.

Arian sat out part of the Raiders game for some sort of un-professional conduct. Now here he is, right in the midst of maybe the most positive momentum Kubiak has enjoyed in his 5+ years here, after having barely avoided the chopping block this past January, and this stuff with twitter and Arian has not been good. It's not even funny.

All I'm saying is that he tries awfully hard to be a philosopher and act intellectual, but he gets caught up in meaningless twitter games??? All of it is just turning me sour regardless of his talents. That's just me. He's establishing patterns.

Double Barrel
08-31-2011, 07:51 PM
I have no animosity toward anyone on this board, GP.

Think about it, though: You call me and ass and expect no rebuttal? Seriously? Especially when my take to Arian's mom was in appreciation and to share my own experiences about my son. Perhaps I should be calling you an ass but adding a hole on the end. (j/k, man, blink twice if you get it...)

This story is about Arian Foster. We do not see eye-to-eye and can agree to disagree. But it's not about us, it's about Arian and how we perceive the story. Nothing more and nothing less.

Don't take sarcasm so personal. But then again, is it really sarcasm when it has to be explained? :winky:

Rey
08-31-2011, 07:55 PM
What more is there? Oh, I'd say a HUGE ASS contract for Arian Foster would be what's more. Or not. Deciding if the guy you want to give franchise RB money to is ready for the role or wants to be a full-time prankster and social media superstar (at the expense of others, by the way).

LoL. No offense but that tickled me a bit.

Out of all the bad guys in the world and the knuckleheads that get contracts, if Arian foster is the wild child of our team I say we're doing pretty good.

If the texans decide not to hold on to Arian because of this they are. . .hell, there is no way they use this as a reason to not hold on to him.

That's like sendin your child to boarding school for making a C on a test.

I stick to my original thoughts, this stuff is really not that big of a deal. IMO, of course.

infantrycak
08-31-2011, 08:37 PM
You know, just decide already if you like me or hate me. Whichever one, it doesn't really matter to me.

How you can be nice as pie to me in one post, and then turn around and treat me like a louse in the next one is beyond me. Pick an opinion of me and stick with it.

But I call a spade a spade. Always have, always will.

See the bold? That is your failing. You don't view individual posts, you view individuals.

See the second italicized? - that would be called being objective. Your first bold philosophy contradicts the italicized.

You get butt hurt when people don't like what you say. It ain't personal unless they make it personal. It is about that issue - whether Schaub is injury prone, whether it was wise to let Leach go, etc.

And yeah, your posts are verbose. That is an observation, not an attack.

GP
08-31-2011, 08:47 PM
I have no animosity toward anyone on this board, GP.

Think about it, though: You call me and ass and expect no rebuttal? Seriously? Especially when my take to Arian's mom was in appreciation and to share my own experiences about my son. Perhaps I should be calling you an ass but adding a hole on the end. (j/k, man, blink twice if you get it...)

This story is about Arian Foster. We do not see eye-to-eye and can agree to disagree. But it's not about us, it's about Arian and how we perceive the story. Nothing more and nothing less.

Don't take sarcasm so personal. But then again, is it really sarcasm when it has to be explained? :winky:

I never called YOU an ass.

I said "some" people, but if you want to out yourself, go for it. Re-read the post. I made that accusation to be as general as someone else's "outlier" depiction of those who aren't roiling with laughter over the tweets.

For the record, a good 97% of people were Internet high-fiving Foster's mom. And I took great care to try and word my post carefully so that it would not be portrayed as me being rude to her. Now I bet she won't be coming back here for awhile, mostly because her son pulled the MRI tweet trick in the meantime...and I sorta' feel bad for her now. She came here to talk up her son, and he was out there revealing an MRI of himself and now the Texans are talking to him about it. Bad timing, and I genuinely hate that. For real.

As for taking things personal, you added the bit in here about how you related your experience with your kid. Why do that here, in this back-and-forth? I was not bagging on your experience. I talked her up, a lot, and ended it with two paragraphs talking about positive qualities of Arian. Of course, one of those things was that I said "He didn't stir up anything when he was low man on the totem pole here," and now there's a smidgeon of "stirring stuff up" attached to these tweets.

The whole thing is just unfortunate. We're playing a game Thursday night, which is 24 hours from now, and the focus should be on that game. But it's not. We're debating Arian's social media skills. His doing, not mine.

fiasco west
08-31-2011, 08:51 PM
I don't know why we are comparing Arian Foster to Andre Johnson or Peyton Manning.

He's Arian Foster. Honestly, if we had a team full of Andre-like personality it would be a boring as hell team. People want guys with a little personality and well here he is.

Superbowl teams have ALL kinds of personalities and really as long as Arian is not breaking the law and making enemies with teammates whose to say HIS personality isn't good or beneficial to the team? Some teammates love guys like this.

GP
08-31-2011, 08:54 PM
See the bold? That is your failing. You don't view individual posts, you view individuals.

See the second italicized? - that would be called being objective. Your first bold philosophy contradicts the italicized.

You get butt hurt when people don't like what you say. It ain't personal unless they make it personal. It is about that issue - whether Schaub is injury prone, whether it was wise to let Leach go, etc.

And yeah, your posts are verbose. That is an observation, not an attack.

Are we going to analyze things?

You're extremely hyper-critical of ANYTHING I post, 'Cak. LOL. I have over 8,000 rep points and you can't find ONE thing to agree with me on? Don't you find that stat to be revealing? Isn't it saying something when you only denigrate me post after post and have had, IIRC, only one positive rep of me in the many years I've been here?

Yeah, I'll say it. And I'll say it again: People are guilty of criticizing the image they have of me, not the ideas I am so verbose about, as you call it.

But why am I even debating you? In your eyes, you are right and I am wrong. Of course, 8,000 rep points say that not everyone shares your opinion. Thank God for rep, btw. It at least shows a true indicator of what fellow posters think of us on here, and not what one person's agenda aims to accomplish in that area.

Do we want to get back to the topic of Arian Foster's tweets now? I think it's a dead issue, actually. He's being spoken to by Texans brass, we're sitting here debating the merits of all of it, and I ain't the only one who is butt hurt here. 97% of you guys are butt hurt because you opened the door in your face, via Internet high-fiving his mother, and WHAM! national media attention for all the wrong reasons. From our star RB, of all people.

Geez Louise, why couldn't this stuff have ever happened to Travis Johnson or Amobi Okoye? That's my big dilemma right now.

Rey
08-31-2011, 08:59 PM
She came here to talk up her son, and he was out there revealing an MRI of himself and now the Texans are talking to him about it. Bad timing, and I genuinely hate that. For real.

Re read her post. She talks about the MRI. In fact it's the first thing she mentioned.

You keep talking about bad timing and people being blind sided, but I'm wondering if you truly read and attempted to comprehend her post.

I didn't even make a comment about his mom's post, but it seems like you have a problem that other people did?

She came on and tried to give a little insight into her son's personality so people could better understand him. Not sure why you are making this into something it's not.

TexansFanatic
08-31-2011, 09:04 PM

In what context?

In the context of life and death or war and peace you'd be correct.

But in the context of running a professional football operation, it's pretty serious. Offering up private medical information to the masses is tantamount to broadcasting top secret information to the enemy.

Now the Colts can gameplan around the fact that Arian won't be involved.

Not cool.

fiasco west
08-31-2011, 09:04 PM
LoL. No offense but that tickled me a bit.

Out of all the bad guys in the world and the knuckleheads that get contracts, if Arian foster is the wild child of our team I say we're doing pretty good.

If the texans decide not to hold on to Arian because of this they are. . .hell, there is no way they use this as a reason to not hold on to him.

That's like sendin your child to boarding school for making a C on a test.

I stick to my original thoughts, this stuff is really not that big of a deal. IMO, of course.

That would suck, especially after the Steelers hang onto guys like Harrison who constantly says controversial things and all they do is slap his wrist and move on. Shows why the Steelers are always contenders.

Texans said internal discipline soooo....it's just a "Don't do this again please." I bet and the issue will be forgotten within the team while fans and such still go on about it.

Too bad this is the transition from week 4 of preseason to week 1 of the real season AKA the longest week ever. So not much to talk about until the real season starts.

Rey
08-31-2011, 09:09 PM
In what context?

In the context of life and death or war and peace you'd be correct.

But in the context of running a professional football operation, it's pretty serious. Offering up private medical information to the masses is tantamount to broadcasting top secret information to the enemy.

Now the Colts can gameplan around the fact that Arian won't be involved.

Not cool.

I don't think you've been keeping up.

Re-read what the op said about the MRI. You don't have to take it as gospel, but I think it's far from a "fact" that he won't play.

He shouldn't have done it, but really I think this has all gotten a bit dramatic.

GP
08-31-2011, 09:23 PM
Re read her post. She talks about the MRI. In fact it's the first thing she mentioned.

You keep talking about bad timing and people being blind sided, but I'm wondering if you truly read and attempted to comprehend her post.

I didn't even make a comment about his mom's post, but it seems like you have a problem that other people did?

It's just the inherent nature of what I call "Rah-Rah! YAY!" threads.

You have no room to interject any other "stuff" except what sounds nice and syrupy, all those things that the hardcore posters on here say they DON'T like to do. But she came on here, and it was "Give her the key to the city" spirit in almost every post.

I don't think she deserves to be treated so shallowly. I was nice to her, and it wasn't like I had to try hard to do that, either. It was sincere from me. But I also felt like stating the obvious, for the sake of posterity: He's human, he's flawed, and it's not "mean-spirited" to be critical of his twitter activity.

But it's made out by a few of the 97% as if there is an a-hole or two roaming the boards, and they have to apologize for the "rudeness" of the 3%.

If I'm a bad member for pointing that out, and refusing to go with the flow, then so be it. I think the guy, Arian, is frustrated by the recurring hammy, and it's eating at him to the point that he's being passive aggressive with his energy to the point that it's causing problems.

Our strengths, carried to their extreme, becomes our weakness. His posts are usually no big deal, but look how "angry" the posts are when it occurs around the issue of the injury. His strength is in playing football, but he's hurt and i know he's upset by it (strength becomes a weakness). His other strength is his social media posts, but he's frustrated about his injury and the ensuing media attention, and he lashes out at everybody about it (strength becomes a weakness).

I love to communicate and talk football, but my posts are TOO DAMN LONG. My strength has become a weakness. I. Need. Help.

TexansFanatic
08-31-2011, 09:26 PM
I don't think you've been keeping up.

This is always a possibility. ;-) Be that as it may...

Re-read what the op said about the MRI. You don't have to take it as gospel, but I think it's far from a "fact" that he won't play.

Here is what the op said about the MRI:
"The pic of his hammy was from the day after the SF game."

According to the doctor on ESPN and our own doctor here on the board, that MRI indicates Arian shouldn't play the first game and possibly not even the first two or three.

That's not cool. A player offering up that kind of information to the world is essentially like an American soldier broadcasting to the Taliban that we aren't going to have as many bombs to drop on their positions as we normally do.

DBCooper
08-31-2011, 09:31 PM
ahhhh the passion of football!!!

TexMexMom, thanks for posting. Not everyone on here is a hater.

I hope Arian gets better and runs for 2000 yards this season!

Wolf
08-31-2011, 09:33 PM
That, folks, is not cool. Is this guy a football player, or is he not? Would Peyton Manning get on twitter and do that?

no.. peyton he just flat out tanks his concussion tests to the team's face before the season starts

2slik4u
08-31-2011, 09:33 PM
once the games start most of the drama will leech out of this weird off-season-lockout, end of humanity, it's hot as hell this summer (or we are flooding like crazy), lead in to the regular season. The FF crowd will get goofy with any injury to a top 3 pick....it's like the scorpion and the turtle story.

Am I the only one that noticed Vinny is back?

Maybe you've been back for awhile but I havent seen you post.....at any rate, welcome back.

GP
08-31-2011, 09:35 PM
ahhhh the passion of football!!!

I hope Arian gets better and runs for 2000 yards this season!

Exhibit A, B, C, and so on and so forth.

In case you wanted proof, rey.

dc_txtech
08-31-2011, 09:42 PM
Am I the only one that noticed Vinny is back?

Maybe you've been back for awhile but I havent seen you post.....at any rate, welcome back.

There's a thread, you should check it out
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84406

Texans_Chick
08-31-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm just glad that AF mom took the time to share a bit of her family with the fans of her son's team. That was very gracious of her. It would be odd to be the relative of a public figure and see what people say about them.

If someone said something rude about my kids, I would want to brain them.

Whatever you think of whatever AF or his mom said, I politely suggest that discourteous comments be sent to other threads.

Thank you.

TexansFanatic
08-31-2011, 10:20 PM
Hope none of my posts in this thread could be construed as "discourteous."

I think the world of Arian and his mother but if Arian were sitting in front of me I'd tell him the same things I said in my previous posts.

Friends don't let friends tweet MRIs.

Texans_Chick
08-31-2011, 10:32 PM
Friends don't let friends tweet MRIs.

And as TexMexMom said:

"That's why I know this game and all its byproducts, good and bad, will not change who Arian Foster is. So relax. He's a good guy with good intentions and if he screws up again, you know then he's just like the rest of us."

So yeah, he made a mistake. We all make mistakes. We are all humans. Except for maybe Peyton Manning.

To belabor that, after the courtesy that she showed to a bunch of interested strangers, is unnecessary.

TexansFanatic
08-31-2011, 10:43 PM
We all make mistakes. We are all humans. Except for maybe Peyton Manning.

Fair enough, TC.

As far as Peyton goes---agreed, he ain't human. But no mistakes? Let's not forget it was his four interception performance that led to this:

http://symonsez.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/a5e7a3047ac216d3c6cb64_large.jpg
PLAYOFFS?!?!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE)

drs23
08-31-2011, 10:48 PM
I try to read every post and stay current. Where was it pointed out that the Texans reamed Arian for posting the MRI images? How did I miss that?

BTW, what a sht storm. Damn, you'd think he Kinkoed the entire playbook, dadgum. What's the biggie?

GlassHalfFull
08-31-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm just glad that AF mom took the time to share a bit of her family with the fans of her son's team. That was very gracious of her. It would be odd to be the relative of a public figure and see what people say about them.

If someone said something rude about my kids, I would want to brain them.

Whatever you think of whatever AF or his mom said, I politely suggest that discourteous comments be sent to other threads.

Thank you.

Thanks TC, I was just going to post something along these lines. I totally agree.

Texans_Chick
08-31-2011, 10:54 PM
I try to read every post and stay current. Where was it pointed out that the Texans reamed Arian for posting the MRI images? How did I miss that?

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Foster-s-hamstring-photo-tweet-causes-a-fuss-2149902.php
(http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Foster-s-hamstring-photo-tweet-causes-a-fuss-2149902.php)

TheMatrix31
08-31-2011, 11:10 PM

Look, when did we get to this point in society that if anyone criticizes anything, they're automatically described as a "hater" or "hating on" or any other nonsensical derivative of that word? It's absolutely killed rational discourse--be it in sports or anything else. It is literally impossible for anyone to hold legitimate criticisms without being labeled such inane things.

Having strong concerns and criticisms over the way Arian's handled things the last few days is not "being a hater". We need to STOP use of this freakin' word as a response or description of every single damn thing. Enough of it.

Christ.

Lucky
08-31-2011, 11:19 PM
Having strong concerns and criticisms over the way Arian's handled things the last few days is not "being a hater".
You're right. It should been described as overreacting.

TheMatrix31
09-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Better to describe it as overreacting than "you're just hating brooooo"

Shaft75
09-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Is there any way I could get that recipe for green chile stew? I love that stuff.

I read every post in this thread and this is what my thoughts came back to. I say Mama comes back and posts the recipe and we call it a thread.

DBCooper
09-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Look, when did we get to this point in society that if anyone criticizes anything, they're automatically described as a "hater" or "hating on" or any other nonsensical derivative of that word? It's absolutely killed rational discourse--be it in sports or anything else. It is literally impossible for anyone to hold legitimate criticisms without being labeled such inane things.

Having strong concerns and criticisms over the way Arian's handled things the last few days is not "being a hater". We need to STOP use of this freakin' word as a response or description of every single damn thing. Enough of it.

Christ.

Lol, it's just an expression.

There's some uptight mothers around here! (not you TexMexMom)

badboy
09-01-2011, 12:40 AM
What the world needs now is love sweet love...

houstonspartan
09-01-2011, 12:46 AM
I love Arian Foster. I do.

But, folks, it must be said: sending a picture of your hamstring to your opponents is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. EVER. It totally undermines Kubiak's "day to day" comments about Arian's playing status, and allows other teams doctors to diagnose.

Arian had better be glad he's not playing for Bill Belecheck, or he would be suspended.

Ckw
09-01-2011, 12:47 AM

No kidding. I thought all this bickering might start to slow down once the season started, but man was I wrong. People are turning on each other like they did back in the HWWNBM days. It's like Arian wasn't the best player in football last year and is the reason the team sucked. Say the guy made a mistake AND move the **** on. Sometimes being a fan means you blindly support the players on your team because they are a part of YOUR team. I doubt Arian's teammates are as butt hurt as some of the fans around here apparently are.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2605/4183142885_cec62a6185_o.gif

silvrhand
09-01-2011, 12:49 AM
:popcorn:

Ok y'all what's going on in this thread.. can someone put on some more popcorn.

houstonspartan
09-01-2011, 12:50 AM

Christ.

Totally agree. I'm a huge Arian fan, but I think he's a total ***** for posting his hamstring online.

Sorry, Arian's mom. No disrespect intended, but the truth is, this was a bad call by Arian.

NitroGSXR
09-01-2011, 12:54 AM
This debacle is nonsense. Neither TexMexMom or Arian Foster owes me nor anyone else an explaination. Each to their own. What they do off the field matters none to me. All I ask is that they plow the Colts. Eff them.

Thanks for posting, TexMexMom... I really appreciated your post reminding us that the 2320apy/18td freakazoid is as human as the rest of us. BTW.....

*high five*

DBCooper
09-01-2011, 01:02 AM
No kidding. I thought all this bickering might start to slow down once the season started, but man was I wrong. People are turning on each other like they did back in the HWWNBM days. It's like Arian wasn't the best player in football last year and is the reason the team sucked. Say the guy made a mistake AND move the **** on. Sometimes being a fan means you blindly support the players on your team because they are a part of YOUR team. I doubt Arian's teammates are as butt hurt as some of the fans around here apparently are.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2605/4183142885_cec62a6185_o.gif

That gif is so frikin funny!

I can't wait for the season start, maybe some of the posters around here can get a little action of their own and chill a little.

badboy
09-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Totally agree. I'm a huge Arian fan, but I think he's a total ***** for posting his hamstring online.

Sorry, Arian's mom. No disrespect intended, but the truth is, this was a bad call by Arian.Wait a minute! Can't you just say he made a mistake without calling him whatever was sensored? Why do you have to personally attack him? Then you say "no disrespect intended?" What else but disrespect? Voice your opinion and explain why you believe it but leave name calling on the playground.

WOuld you not feel disrespected if your child was called whatever you typed?

Brisco_County
09-01-2011, 01:14 AM
Here we have a special opportunity to interact and talk football fandom with the mother of one of our star players, and we're giving her no incentive to come back.

Remember when you were a kid and you'd go to your friend's house after school, and his family would end up getting into a huge, viscious fight that aired all the dirty laundry and made you feel super uncomfortable? Yeah, that's this thread.

Ckw
09-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Here we have a special opportunity to interact and talk football fandom with the mother of one of our star players, and we're giving her no incentive to come back.

Remember when you were a kid and you'd go to your friend's house after school, and his family would end up getting into a huge, viscious fight that aired all the dirty laundry and made you feel super uncomfortable? Yeah, that's this thread.

Hilarious analogy dude! Rep your way!

TheMatrix31
09-01-2011, 05:42 AM

It's not JUST an expression when its the only thing that's said like, every single damn time someone makes any criticism of anybody or anything nowadays.

"Oh, I didn't think Inception was that great."
"Man, you're crazy, stop hating."

"I think Kobe Bryant has a few flaws in his game, and I don't think his defense is as good as people might think."
"Wow, why ya gotta hate?"

"I believe that Lil Wayne's lyricism is nothing special, especially considering there are some actually great lyricists out there."
"I see we're still sippin' the haterade. Wayne is greatness."

....or whatever it is. Example after example after example.

It's super freakin' frustrating.

Trail.Blazr
09-01-2011, 08:35 AM

No doubt.

One sure way to have a player NOT be fan friendly is to dis-whatever his mom.

Joe Texan
09-01-2011, 09:03 AM
I could care less, he is a faantastic running back so get on the feild

Blake
09-01-2011, 09:23 AM
How some folks can take a thread about Arian Foster's social media style and turn in into an argument about eachother is beyond me.

Sometimes I feel like people post here just to argue with someone. Just because some people dont agree with eachother doesnt mean they need to convince the other person to think like they do.

I think this thread has run its course.

silvrhand
09-01-2011, 09:41 AM

I don't see anyone attacking her what are you talking about, we are simply discussing the situation. Fostersmom is no stranger to firing up and talking on the message boards, search fostersmom booster on google lol.

Perki-Perk
09-01-2011, 09:53 AM

IF I COULD NEGATIVE REP YOU, I WOULD!! You have some nerve coming in here acting all smart and reasonable and stuff. How dare you not let those of us here have our fun and feel triumphant in internet argument today?!

I kid! Great Post!

GP
09-01-2011, 10:57 AM
It's not JUST an expression when its the only thing that's said like, every single damn time someone makes any criticism of anybody or anything nowadays.

"Oh, I didn't think Inception was that great."
"Man, you're crazy, stop hating."

"I think Kobe Bryant has a few flaws in his game, and I don't think his defense is as good as people might think."
"Wow, why ya gotta hate?"

"I believe that Lil Wayne's lyricism is nothing special, especially considering there are some actually great lyricists out there."
"I see we're still sippin' the haterade. Wayne is greatness."

....or whatever it is. Example after example after example.

It's super freakin' frustrating.

This ^^^^^

Lesson learned: Stay out of Rah-Rah threads if you disagree with the chant.

GP
09-01-2011, 11:00 AM
IF I COULD NEGATIVE REP YOU, I WOULD!! You have some nerve coming in here acting all smart and reasonable and stuff. How dare you not let those of us here have our fun and feel triumphant in internet argument today?!

I kid! Great Post!

It's like people have this internal desire/urge to blindly defend "our guy" when not even his employer (the Texans) are supporting his actions. In fact, they're not happy at all.

I'm sure whatever I said on here is peaches & cream compared to what he's heard from a handful of Texans brass.

If Arian doesn't want to be treated like a piece of meat (his words) he needs to stop skinning himself alive and dangling his carcass in front of the lions.

Good ideas have good consequences. Bad ideas have bad consequences. This is lost on many people, I'm afraid. It's always somebody else's fault...

Errant Hothy
09-01-2011, 11:00 AM
LZ talking about this right now on 790.

Edit:, and they're done. Just a quick couple of minutes but they mention the forum by name and I think I heard the url.

HuttoKarl
09-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Epic post.

The first time I heard Arian speak I knew he was a different cat. The more I read about him and from him, the more I like him as a human being.

Thankfully his job is to kick ass for my favorite team.

And...the post makes me miss my mom....and makes me hungry for some green chili stew.

ESAD2-14
09-01-2011, 12:24 PM
It's like people have this internal desire/urge to blindly defend "our guy" when not even his employer (the Texans) are supporting his actions. In fact, they're not happy at all.

I'm sure whatever I said on here is peaches & cream compared to what he's heard from a handful of Texans brass.

If Arian doesn't want to be treated like a piece of meat (his words) he needs to stop skinning himself alive and dangling his carcass in front of the lions.

Good ideas have good consequences. Bad ideas have bad consequences. This is lost on many people, I'm afraid. It's always somebody else's fault...

GP, I think a lot of the backlash you are experiencing is from your tone. From my persepective it seems your posts in this thread were geared toward more of a challenge to AF's mom and Arian himself through his mother, as opposed to just stating your opinion. Those of us that have been on TT long enough know that you have an opinion on just about everything, and your not shy about letting everyone know what it is. Hell, I think you would write an 8 paragraph dissertation on why wooden toothpicks are superior to plastic ones. Also it seems sometimes (to me anyway) you get so caught up in letting us all know what your opinion is you start to believe what your saying is actual fact, as opposed to just an opinion. It's like watching a snow ball rolling downhill grow bigger and bigger, but in the form of a short novel.

I agree that AF probably should be a little more selective with what he posts on Twitter, but all in all it is not that serious. I personally do not understand or care to understand the Twitter phenomenon, that goes for Facebook and all the other social networking stuff. Then again I was raised in a different era where none of that existed and social networking generally was face to face or at the very least over a phone. Athletes these days have so many more opportunities to step on their cranks, and have it be seen, then they did 10, 20, 30 yrs ago. Used to be the only time you heard from an athlete was in an evening news interview or some quotes in the Sunday paper. The impression I get from AF and his posting of the MRI is he is jacking w/ the media, perhaps even conducting his own social networking experiment of sorts. Maybe to see how much people get worked up over nothing, perhaps that is part of his sense of humor TexMexMom was talking about. If he screwed up by doing so and violated team policy he has to pay his dues for that, simple enough.

I'm sure that once word gets out about this thread, and it seems to have already done that unfortunately, we (TTalk) may end up losing a unique perspective on one of the Texans players.

ObsiWan
09-01-2011, 12:46 PM
GP, I think a lot of the backlash you are experiencing is from your tone. From my persepective it seems your posts in this thread were geared toward more of a challenge to AF's mom and Arian himself through his mother, as opposed to just stating your opinion. Those of us that have been on TT long enough know that you have an opinion on just about everything, and your not shy about letting everyone know what it is. Hell, I think you would write an 8 paragraph dissertation on why wooden toothpicks are superior to plastic ones. Also it seems sometimes (to me anyway) you get so caught up in letting us all know what your opinion is you start to believe what your saying is actual fact, as opposed to just an opinion. It's like watching a snow ball rolling downhill grow bigger and bigger, but in the form of a short novel.

I agree that AF probably should be a little more selective with what he posts on Twitter, but all in all it is not that serious. I personally do not understand or care to understand the Twitter phenomenon, that goes for Facebook and all the other social networking stuff. Then again I was raised in a different era where none of that existed and social networking generally was face to face or at the very least over a phone. Athletes these days have so many more opportunities to step on their cranks, and have it be seen, then they did 10, 20, 30 yrs ago. Used to be the only time you heard from an athlete was in an evening news interview or some quotes in the Sunday paper. The impression I get from AF and his posting of the MRI is he is jacking w/ the media, perhaps even conducting his own social networking experiment of sorts. Maybe to see how much people get worked up over nothing, perhaps that is part of his sense of humor TexMexMom was talking about. If he screwed up by doing so and violated team policy he has to pay his dues for that, simple enough.

I'm sure that once word gets out about this thread, and it seems to have already done that unfortunately, we (TTalk) may end up losing a unique perspective on one of the Texans players.

Your last paragraph is an excellent summary.
Rep.
and /thread.

Kaiser Toro
09-01-2011, 12:50 PM
I have over 8,000 rep points

I'll take the viewpoint of a key player's mom over 8,000 message board points any day of the week.

Runner
09-01-2011, 01:05 PM
I'll take the viewpoint of a key player's mom over 8,000 message board points any day of the week.

Great point. So I repped you.

NitroGSXR
09-01-2011, 01:08 PM

+1

Rep points is overrated.

Perki-Perk
09-01-2011, 01:22 PM
+1

Rep points is overrated.

Then why provide them?

Kaiser Toro
09-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I would rep you, but yadda yoda yogurt

TimeKiller
09-01-2011, 01:32 PM
So Foster has a brother?

Does he play too?
:evil:

DBCooper
09-01-2011, 01:33 PM
This ^^^^^

Lesson learned: Stay out of Rah-Rah threads if you disagree with the chant.

This presupposes that self proclaimed super intellectuals can figure out when it's a rah rah thread.

It's got to be hard living in a world with so many nitwits.

This whole situation is laughable anyway. He broke a team rule akin to parking in Kubiak's parking place or twitting a pic of Mario in his superman underroos.

He can either run or he can't. Someone looking at an MRI, (how many weeks before the game?), is not going to make a lick of difference to how Indy prepares for us.

The rest is about respect for someone willing to come on here and share some great info on one of our players.

Show some.

infantrycak
09-01-2011, 01:59 PM

Hopefully that is not true and TexMexMom understands in any group of people there will be some with divergent (to put it nicely) opinions.

The rest of your post was excellent as well.

NitroGSXR
09-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Then why provide them?

I like them because it allows me to say something mundane or personal without wasting a post but I certainly don't use the numbers as a value indicator. I read their actual posts to determine that.

Texas T
09-01-2011, 02:07 PM
This presupposes that self proclaimed super intellectuals can figure out when it's a rah rah thread.

It's got to be hard living in a world with so many nitwits.

This whole situation is laughable anyway. He broke a team rule akin to parking in Kubiak's parking place or twitting a pic of Mario in his superman underroos.

He can either run or he can't. Someone looking at an MRI, (how many weeks before the game?), is not going to make a lick of difference to how Indy prepares for us.

The rest about respect for someone willing to come on here and share some great info on one of our players.

Show some.

Best post in this whole thread-Agree 1000%!!

(Must spread rep, blah, blah)

badboy
09-01-2011, 02:16 PM
I know that when I look at my posts count and reps, my muscles start to grow & then it dawns on me that is my head getting bigger.

infantrycak
09-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Are we going to analyze things?

One of us will.

You're extremely hyper-critical of ANYTHING I post,

Nope and you'll never get this but I have said it a hundred times already. I don't like crystal ball, oiuji board, tarot card posts. It's cool if you want to make them as you clearly do. But expect other people to kick back if we don't buy into the fact that the chicken entrails told you what was in McNair's heart when he made a decision. It ain't personal. It is stylistic.

I have over 8,000 rep points and you can't find ONE thing to agree with me on? Don't you find that stat to be revealing?

I agree with you on things. Look for the posts I don't respond to. Why would I, you already made the point. And you have only repped me 1-2 times. I'm not kicking the dog over it. Neither should you. Try being succinct and stepping away from "my precious" crystal ball and it might happen more often.

Texanmike02
09-01-2011, 02:36 PM
I like them because it allows me to say something mundane or personal without wasting a post but I certainly don't use the numbers as a value indicator. I read their actual posts to determine that.

SWT's Number of posts was an indicater of the *********gery in his soul.

Mike

Dutchrudder
09-01-2011, 02:59 PM

Mike

Well how else do you intend to redeem your rep points for fabulous prizes?

:kitten:

Chance_C
09-01-2011, 02:59 PM

^^^This!!!^^^
repped..

TexMexMom
09-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Please understand that I am not thin skinned. I spent 5 years on Tennessee message boards where I earned my PhD in Elephant Skin. I may disagree with posters vehemently, but I don't generally take it personally. I rather like a good, well thought out debate. More than anything, I don't want to change the way folks post on here just because I'm present. I realize my presence has an affect on the prime directive, but I'd love for it to be minimal.

Double Barrel
09-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Glad you are around, TexMexMom.

Now please excuse me for a second while I clean up a mess on Aisle 9... :howdy:

I never called YOU an ass.

Riiiiiight. You quote me and reply with: "All this has done is make asses out of you guys who were high-fiving Arian's mom for having posted on here."

Okey-dokey. Basically you are telling me that you did not say what you said. :hmmm:

I said "some" people, but if you want to out yourself, go for it. Re-read the post.

I've read it and the word "some" never appeared in your post. Perhaps it is you that should read what you write....unless.... :whistle:

This is where you started talking out of your assumption. I never mentioned the Texans front office. It's their business. It's only ENTERTAINMENT to the rest of us...at least that's all it should be to the rest of us.

It's a damn shame that you can't pause yourself and reflect on the unique opportunity that has been presented to us by having a mom of one of our star players on the board. Instead you just had to get on your soapbox and pointificate (http://www.realdictionary.com/?q=pontificate) ad nauseam + infinity with a cherry on top.

The whole thing is just unfortunate. We're playing a game Thursday night, which is 24 hours from now, and the focus should be on that game. But it's not. We're debating Arian's social media skills. His doing, not mine.

God forbid we talk about current news stories. It's a freakin' meaningless exhibition game with a bunch of scrubs. Funny thing is that I'd wager that you, of all people, have written more words about Arian's social media skills than any other forum member. Does your own pill taste as bitter when you swallow it?

BTW me---> :highfive: <---TexMexMom

I hope her post count make it to 50, because I'd bet her rep points will immediately explode.

Yankee_In_TX
09-01-2011, 04:46 PM

Mike

Hrrmm, still hanging onto that? :)

Brisco_County
09-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Please understand that I am not thin skinned. I spent 5 years on Tennessee message boards where I earned my PhD in Elephant Skin. I may disagree with posters vehemently, but I don't generally take it personally. I rather like a good, well thought out debate. More than anything, I don't want to change the way folks post on here just because I'm present. I realize my presence has an affect on the prime directive, but I'd love for it to be minimal.

Now that we know we haven't scared you off, can we get that recipe for red chile posole? We would like to officially make it Battle Red Chile Posole for gameday tailgates.

Texas T
09-01-2011, 06:31 PM

As you can see by some of the silliness in the responses in this post that you being here hasn't affected how we interact with each other, really it just gives us another perspective. I want to thank you for that, whether we agree with you or not!!

Texans_Chick
09-01-2011, 06:41 PM

Actually, I would like your presence to change the way people post.

It seems to me that the level of discourse as it relates to sports sometimes does treat people like commodities or objects and not people who have feelings and families.

I think it is perfectly acceptable to give criticism of people and actions without getting overly personal or saying things you wouldn't say to that person or their family to their face.

One of the reasons I started writing on the web was I was just so sick of snark. That I thought it was quite possible to have fair discussions and debates on sport topics as friends and fans without getting unnecessarily hostile to each other and to the players we were talking about. I also thought that by connect fans with more info about the players behind the mask, that it would be more fun watching the games--which it is to me.

Why is it that people are comfortable saying nasty things to each other about sports when on Sundays they wouldn't be happy if their pastor heard them say such things?

There is enough nastiness and hostility in the world without adding to it. Sometimes you get challenged trying to live that way, some days more than others, but it is something I believe in.

/stepping off utopian soapbox //throws down mike

ESAD2-14
09-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Now that we know we haven't scared you off, can we get that recipe for red chile posole? We would like to officially make it Battle Red Chile Posole for gameday tailgates.

Gotta give up the Green Chile Stew recipe too, I just bought 2lbs of fresh Hatch chiles, and roasted them. Gotta use them someway.

TexMexMom
09-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Gotta give up the Green Chile Stew recipe too, I just bought 2lbs of fresh Hatch chiles, and roasted them. Gotta use them someway.

Will do both soon!

TexMexMom
09-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Actually, I would like your presence to change the way people post.

It seems to me that the level of discourse as it relates to sports sometimes does treat people like commodities or objects and not people who have feelings and families.

I think it is perfectly acceptable to give criticism of people and actions without getting overly personal or saying things you wouldn't say to that person or their family to their face.

One of the reasons I started writing on the web was I was just so sick of snark. That I thought it was quite possible to have fair discussions and debates on sport topics as friends and fans without getting unnecessarily hostile to each other and to the players we were talking about. I also thought that by connect fans with more info about the players behind the mask, that it would be more fun watching the games--which it is to me.

Why is it that people are comfortable saying nasty things to each other about sports when on Sundays they wouldn't be happy if their pastor heard them say such things?

There is enough nastiness and hostility in the world without adding to it. Sometimes you get challenged trying to live that way, some days more than others, but it is something I believe in.

/stepping off utopian soapbox //throws down mike

lol...Thanks Steph. I appreciate that. But when a family member posts and folks are nice, they're labeled as suck ups. Then you have those who have to be extra confrontational just to prove they're not suck ups. I've learned to live with both.

jaayteetx
09-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Albuquerque in the house! Me, Texmexmom and a whole lotta cowgirl and bronco fans round these parts. Thank God for directv is all I gotta say.

TheMatrix31
09-01-2011, 07:12 PM
I'd also like to take the chance to thank Arian's Mom for coming and shedding insight on complicated matters. We're pretty damn lucky to have a family member of one of our best players come and share thoughts with the rest of the board.

DocBar
09-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Gotta give up the Green Chile Stew recipe too, I just bought 2lbs of fresh Hatch chiles, and roasted them. Gotta use them someway.My wife is from Las Cruces and would make Hatch green chile ice cream. Her green chile stew is to die for! After Texmex, New MexMex is my favorite Mexican food!!
Talking food is way better than talking tweets.

Brisco_County
09-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Will do both soon!

Awesome. This young franchise needs to establish its traditions. TexMexMom's Battle Red Chile Posole for gameday could become legendary!

Hardcore Texan
09-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Awesome. This young franchise needs to establish its traditions. TexMexMom's Battle Red Chile Posole for gameday could become legendary!

That's a pretty darn good idea right there.

Speedy
09-01-2011, 07:49 PM
I have over 8,000 rep points

ROTFLMMFAO!!!!!!! No you didn't go to the "I have this many rep points" card. Say it ain't so! Anybody who thinks that means anything is delusional at best. Posting on a message board isn't a freaking contest. State your opinion and be done with it. Guess what? Some will agree with your opinion and others won't.

The problem is that when people state their opinion and someone disagrees with it, it's like they're on a mission to try and conform them to their point of view. Like the dude that has the "I hate Mario" bug up his butt. Yes we know and we don't need to see it in every freaking thread you post in. Get over yourselves people.

Oops! I only have 817 rep points (had to look it up 'cause I don't give a rat's ass about that stuff) so I probably should just bow down to the mighty 8,000.

And FWIW, I don't give a crap what Arian does on Twitter. I didn't become a fan of Arian because of what he tweets. No offense to his mom, but I only care about what Arian Foster does on a football field. I couldn't care less what he does off of it.

thunderkyss
09-01-2011, 08:26 PM

I agree 1000% TChick.

If a guy can't play, he can't play. I believe our comments should stop right there. Some guys here (& I'm quite embarrassed by it to tell you the truth) talk about these players as if the player mugged their mothers or something. I think totally uncalled for. Some of the names thrown about in reference to Carr, TJ, Babin, Okoye, Buchanon...... totally uncalled for imo

DocBar
09-01-2011, 08:35 PM
I agree 1000% TChick.

If a guy can't play, he can't play. I believe our comments should stop right there. Some guys here (& I'm quite embarrassed by it to tell you the truth) talk about these players as if the player mugged their mothers or something. I think totally uncalled for. Some of the names thrown about in reference to Carr, TJ, Babin, Okoye, Buchanon...... totally uncalled for imo

♪To me, that's a large part of Arian's tweets. I, personally, feel an attachment to the players on my favorite team. FFL's detract from that connection a true fan of the game feels. I don't have a problem with FFL's, but they tend to make people think more in terms of logic than the emotional rollercoater that is life for an NFL fan. I can't think of the NFL in those terms.

TheMatrix31
09-01-2011, 08:43 PM
As a huge Texans fan and a huge fantasy football guy, you can do both.

DocBar
09-01-2011, 08:51 PM
As a huge Texans fan and a huge fantasy football guy, you can do both.I can't. I draft every Texan I can....

silvrhand
09-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Last I remember this was a free country, and freedom of speech comes with that. That means you may not like what I have to say but I have the right to say that and you have the right disagree.

For me there is nothing like a good heated debate brings out the passion and fire in people and that's ok. Some people like to sit around smoke a pipe and talk about things calmly, not my style but nothing wrong with it either.

I prefer a good ole roast, and there is nothing wrong with that either.

ESAD2-14
09-01-2011, 10:28 PM
My wife is from Las Cruces and would make Hatch green chile ice cream. Her green chile stew is to die for! After Texmex, New MexMex is my favorite Mexican food!!
Talking food is way better than talking tweets.

I lived in NM for 7 years. Ruidoso, Artesia, Red River, Ute Park, Raton, and Cimarron, one of the jobs I had took me to many other corners as well. Needless to say I got around that state. Have tasted many fine green chile dishes from various parts of NM. You've never had chili fries until you have had Green Chili Cheese Fries. I'm not sure if it still holds true but you used to be able to order burgers at Sonic with green chili's on them, damn good. Chili Relleno using Green Chili's instead of Poblano is most excellent, I could go on and on so I'll shut up now. Outside of Texas, NM is about the only other place I would consider hangin' my hat.

Texanmike02
09-01-2011, 10:46 PM
throws down mike

Ma'am,

I don't appreciate that. The only way in which that would be acceptable would get me in trouble with my GF.

J/K. But please don't throw down Mikes... we don't like it much.

Mike

Texans_Chick
09-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Last I remember this was a free country, and freedom of speech comes with that. That means you may not like what I have to say but I have the right to say that and you have the right disagree.

For me there is nothing like a good heated debate brings out the passion and fire in people and that's ok. Some people like to sit around smoke a pipe and talk about things calmly, not my style but nothing wrong with it either.

I prefer a good ole roast, and there is nothing wrong with that either.

It's totally possible to be extremely passionate and emotional in your words without devolving into overly-personal rude talk towards other posters or about players, personnel etc. It IS dehumanizing. Much of our society is dehumanizing and objectifying but it is made easier by the anonymous nature of the internet.

I'm not impinging on anyone's freedom of speech. I'm just using my freedom of speech to put a spotlight on behaviors that aren't necessary, especially among a fanbase that wants the same thing.

I criticize plenty of stuff, but nobody needs to get overly personal about anybody. The best free speech is used responsibly and in a way that doesn't make you feel like a hypocrite when you go to church on Sunday. Some days that is more challenging than others.

Double Barrel
09-02-2011, 10:39 AM
To me, that's a large part of Arian's tweets. I, personally, feel an attachment to the players on my favorite team. FFL's detract from that connection a true fan of the game feels. I don't have a problem with FFL's, but they tend to make people think more in terms of logic than the emotional rollercoater that is life for an NFL fan. I can't think of the NFL in those terms.

I like FF, but only play free leagues. But I have a friend who is a pay league, and I can't watch a Texans game with him. He's constantly changing channels and is obsessed with all the other games, or more specifically the individual players in all the other games. We don't watch Texans games anymore, because my ONLY focus is that game.

When I have played FF, I usually don't even look at my team until Tuesday morning, after the MNF game...and even then, sometimes I forget and don't check it out until Wednesday...or Thursday...

NitroGSXR
09-02-2011, 10:55 AM
I like FF, but only play free leagues. But I have a friend who is a pay league, and I can't watch a Texans game with him. He's constantly changing channels and is obsessed with all the other games, or more specifically the individual players in all the other games. We don't watch Texans games anymore, because my ONLY focus is that game.

When I have played FF, I usually don't even look at my team until Tuesday morning, after the MNF game...and even then, sometimes I forget and don't check it out until Wednesday...or Thursday...

Sunday Ticket has a great feature for this called Player Tracker. I do not play fantasy football myself but I use that feature to tell me how certain players are doing around the league. Generally, our opponents and league leaders. I love it.

HuttoKarl
09-02-2011, 11:02 AM
I agree 1000% TChick.

David Carr kicked my puppy and keyed my car.

Double Barrel
09-02-2011, 11:04 AM
David Carr kicked my puppy and keyed my car.

And he keyed my puppy and kicked my car! :mad:

TimeKiller
09-02-2011, 11:24 AM
I honestly can't believe rep points are a point of discussion......

.......and not whether Foster's bro is any good at toting the rock........

psssh, hey TexMexMomma, are YOU any good? Seems like Arian got his skills from somewhere!! I want all the Foster I can get!!

TexMexMom
09-02-2011, 11:32 AM
I honestly can't believe rep points are a point of discussion......

.......and not whether Foster's bro is any good at toting the rock........

psssh, hey TexMexMomma, are YOU any good? Seems like Arian got his skills from somewhere!! I want all the Foster I can get!!

LOL! Arian's brother was very good. He's older than Arian. But he went to school here in Abq and the same coaches who said Arian wasn't running back material also thought his brother was. Abdul is an exceptional athlete but was 6'2" and 195 in high school and played basketball and ran track. He could run, catch and throw the ball and could really hit. He should've played WR or QB and I believe could've been an NFL safety. He was a smart player and loved to hit. But he got hurt in high school and and his scholarship offers stopped. We found out later, his coaches were telling recruiters he didn't want to play football and only wanted to run track, which was not true. Abdul still holds our state record in the 110 High Hurdles in which he won two state champtionships in that event and one in the 300M hurdles. Anyway, he eventually attended Florida A&M on a track scholarship and now trains his brother and a few other Texans and does live in Houston.

badboy
09-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Please understand that I am not thin skinned. I spent 5 years on Tennessee message boards where I earned my PhD in Elephant Skin. I may disagree with posters vehemently, but I don't generally take it personally. I rather like a good, well thought out debate. More than anything, I don't want to change the way folks post on here just because I'm present. I realize my presence has an affect on the prime directive, but I'd love for it to be minimal.Any way we can get you to relocate to Houston? I live on Clear Lake (near NASA) & the apartment next door just became available. Love to have you folks as a neighbor! I can't eat your spicy food but we could sit on balcony eating ribs, sausage and brisket, talk football and watch sailboats and pelicans.

BTW, I do mock drafts with Beerlover & RMartin 65 (who is in Moscow now). If you have any tips on players from Tennessee, i would like to have them.
Steve

jaayteetx
09-02-2011, 11:44 AM
LOL! Arian's brother was very good. He's older than Arian. But he went to school here in Abq and the same coaches who said Arian wasn't running back material also thought his brother was. Abdul is an exceptional athlete but was 6'2" and 195 in high school and played basketball and ran track. He could run, catch and throw the ball and could really hit. He should've played WR or QB and I believe could've been an NFL safety. He was a smart player and loved to hit. But he got hurt in high school and and his scholarship offers stopped. We found out later, his coaches were telling recruiters he didn't want to play football and only wanted to run track, which was not true. Abdul still holds our state record in the 110 High Hurdles in which he won two state champtionships in that event and one in the 300M hurdles. Anyway, he eventually attended Florida A&M on a track scholarship and now trains his brother and a few other Texans and does live in Houston.
Amazing how much influence high school coaches have on players futures, huh? It's a shame too because a lot of them have their own agendas.

TexMexMom
09-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Any way we can get you to relocate to Houston? I live on Clear Lake (near NASA) & the apartment next door just became available. Love to have you folks as a neighbor! I can't eat your spicy food but we could sit on balcony eating ribs, sausage and brisket, talk football and watch sailboats and pelicans.

BTW, I do mock drafts with Beerlover & RMartin 65 (who is in Moscow now). If you have any tips on players from Tennessee, i would like to have them.
Steve

I would love to move, but I'm pretty sure my husband wouldn't. Ribs, sausage and brisket with football talk while watching sailboats sounds awesome...as long as there's beer and wine available. Or Crown occassionally.
:handshake:

As for Tennessee folks, yes. There's a kid playing for the Raiders, Denarius Moore, WR, who just might turn out to be pretty good. If Montario Hardesty (Browns) can remain healthy, he's a good hard-nosed RB option. The rest I know are mostly defensive players....Dan Williams (Denver), Jerod Mayo (Patriots). Oh, and Ramon Foster (no relation) who plays OL for the Steelers. All good guys who played at Tennessee.

Dutchrudder
09-02-2011, 11:51 AM

Sounds like you have some awesome genes. Got any more kids on their way to college football programs?

silvrhand
09-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Any way we can get you to relocate to Houston? I live on Clear Lake (near NASA) & the apartment next door just became available. Love to have you folks as a neighbor! I can't eat your spicy food but we could sit on balcony eating ribs, sausage and brisket, talk football and watch sailboats and pelicans.

Steve

suckup lol (this is a joke people see earlier posts!!!)

Double Barrel
09-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Amazing how much influence high school coaches have on players futures, huh? It's a shame too because a lot of them have their own agendas.

My oldest son's HS coach almost cost him a scholarship with this kind of nonsense. For whatever reason(s), he was telling recruiters that my son wasn't interested in playing college ball (rumors abound, but I won't elaborate here). Fortunately, his size made quite a few schools interested and they contacted him in spite of the head coach's crapola.

Funny thing is that my son had to UNlearn all the techniques taught to him in HS, because they were fundamentally incorrect. Lucky for him, they red shirted his freshman year so he could take a year to learn the right techniques from coaches with NFL experience.

HS coaches do not always have the best interests of their players at heart. It's weird to me, but it is what it is, I guess.

silvrhand
09-02-2011, 12:04 PM
My oldest son's HS coach almost cost him a scholarship with this kind of nonsense. For whatever reason(s), he was telling recruiters that my son wasn't interested in playing college ball (rumors abound, but I won't elaborate here). Fortunately, his size made quite a few schools interested and they contacted him in spite of the head coach's crapola.

Funny thing is that my son had to UNlearn all the techniques taught to him in HS, because they were fundamentally incorrect. Lucky for him, they red shirted his freshman year so he could take a year to learn the right techniques from coaches with NFL experience.

HS coaches do not always have the best interests of their players at heart. It's weird to me, but it is what it is, I guess.

If most HS coaches were really that good they would not be in HS football, there are a few stellar coaches in HS but the vast majority really are just not that good or just starting out.

NitroGSXR
09-02-2011, 12:10 PM

I didn't know your son was playing college football!! That's awesome! Mind if I asked what position, classification, and what college? I knew of HouTex's son winnng the 5A state championship last year but your kid plays serious ball too? I wish i was big enough to play football! :(

Double Barrel
09-02-2011, 12:22 PM
If most HS coaches were really that good they would not be in HS football, there are a few stellar coaches in HS but the vast majority really are just not that good or just starting out.

Great point.

I didn't know your son was playing college football!! That's awesome! Mind if I asked what position, classification, and what college? I knew of HouTex's son winnng the 5A state championship last year but your kid plays serious ball too? I wish i was big enough to play football! :(

He's starting RT at SFA, junior year. He'll be playing at Reliant on Sat. October 8, for the Battle of Piney Woods game (SFA vs. Sam Houston, rivalry game). It's a fun game! You should check it out if you get a chance.

His dream is to play for Texans, but it's obviously a long shot. Knowing my luck, he'd end up with Cowboys or Titans! lol! (he'd love any NFL job, btw)

DBCooper
09-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Great point.

He's starting RT at SFA, junior year. He'll be playing at Reliant on Sat. October 8, for the Battle of Piney Woods game (SFA vs. Sam Houston, rivalry game). It's a fun game! You should check it out if you get a chance.

His dream is to play for Texans, but it's obviously a long shot. Knowing my luck, he'd end up with Cowboys or Titans! lol! (he'd love any NFL job, btw)

That's the only way I could end up a Titans fan, lol

NitroGSXR
09-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Great point.

I remember now... we go every year. My niece is a cheerleader for the Bearkats.

Rey
09-02-2011, 01:04 PM

I played football at famu, what years did he attend?

Rey
09-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Great point.

My brother says your son is pretty good. Your son is also frickin huge.

I've told you this before, but my bro plays rb for the jacks. #24.

Double Barrel
09-02-2011, 01:13 PM
I remember now... we go every year. My niece is a cheerleader for the Bearkats.

Very cool! :thumbup

My brother says your son is pretty good. Your son is also frickin huge.

I've told you this before, but my bro plays rb for the jacks. #24.

yeah, he's a big boy. I think there is something in those chicken mcnuggets...

That's awesome about your bro playing at the same school. Do you plan to see many games at Nac this year? I'm trying to plan for the Northern Iowa game on 09/10. It was a great game last year. Let me know if/when you head up there and we'll have to find each other.

Rey
09-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Very cool! :thumbup

yeah, he's a big boy. I think there is something in those chicken mcnuggets...

That's awesome about your bro playing at the same school. Do you plan to see many games at Nac this year? I'm trying to plan for the Northern Iowa game on 09/10. It was a great game last year. Let me know if/when you head up there and we'll have to find each other.

Absolutely. I normally make it up to Nac about 2 0r 3 times a year for his games and I'll definitely be at the Astrodome...

That was a good game last year, and there was some good talent out there on the field for both teams...

badboy
09-02-2011, 03:43 PM
suckup lol (this is a joke people see earlier posts!!!)lol but I was serious. My "crowd" mostly much younger play water volleypool Sat/Sunday and I cook. We watch college and Texans games and the beer flows. I hate beer but wine and a bit of the stuff in the purple bag? Oh, yeah! Last weekend I cooked ham and spare ribs and the Sat before, hot dogs. Only a Texan will build a fire when it is 100 degrees to eat.

silvrhand
09-02-2011, 03:48 PM
lol but I was serious. My "crowd" mostly much younger play water volleypool Sat/Sunday and I cook. We watch college and Texans games and the beer flows. I hate beer but wine and a bit of the stuff in the purple bag? Oh, yeah! Last weekend I cooked ham and spare ribs and the Sat before, hot dogs. Only a Texan will build a fire when it is 100 degrees to eat.

I live just north of seabrook in Shore Acres, you are a stones throw away.

badboy
09-02-2011, 03:59 PM
I live just north of seabrook in Shore Acres, you are a stones throw away.Hey, neighbor! I used to live in LaPaorte and then Shady River a small community between your place and LaPorte. Your area got hit hard by Ike like mine did.

TimeKiller
09-02-2011, 04:12 PM

Well that's no good...

It's cool that he trains with some players though. Maybe they'll whisper something in Kubiak's ear?!

TexanRudeboy
09-02-2011, 05:57 PM
I don't recall anyone caring that much when Slaton tweeted the picture of the bolts in his spine.

b0ng
09-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Arian Foster has yet to post anything on twitter that I would find mildly alarming as a Texans fan. I actually like him more especially after that ice burn he handed to that ****** Colin Cowherd and the trolling of ESPN by tweeting that singular MRI pic.

And I read somebody on this very board compare him to Rashard Mendenhall and the 9/11 conspiracy tweets. Okay TT poster who will remain nameless but should be embarrassed by even suggesting such a thing.

Hardcore Texan
09-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Absolutely. I normally make it up to Nac about 2 0r 3 times a year for his games and I'll definitely be at the Astrodome...
That was a good game last year, and there was some good talent out there on the field for both teams...

Eh? :um:
lol but I was serious. My "crowd" mostly much younger play water volleypool Sat/Sunday and I cook. We watch college and Texans games and the beer flows. I hate beer but wine and a bit of the stuff in the purple bag? Oh, yeah! Last weekend I cooked ham and spare ribs and the Sat before, hot dogs. Only a Texan will build a fire when it is 100 degrees to eat.

True dat.

Brisco_County
09-02-2011, 06:56 PM

Thank Abdul for us for helping to keep Arian on such a strict program after his rookie year. He deserves a lot of credit for Arian's success last season.

I also came up with another good idea for a Texans tradition while eating my Battle Red Chile Posole -- Every time Arian scores a touchdown, I'll do a shot of Crown.

badboy
09-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Thank Abdul for us for helping to keep Arian on such a strict program after his rookie year. He deserves a lot of credit for Arian's success last season.

I also came up with another good idea for a Texans tradition while eating my Battle Red Chile Posole -- Every time Arian scores a touchdown, I'll do a shot of Crown.Your goal is to be an alcoholic? lol

DocBar
09-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Your goal is to be an alcoholic? lolIt's not so much a goal as a reality..

silvrhand
09-03-2011, 12:52 AM
Hey, neighbor! I used to live in LaPaorte and then Shady River a small community between your place and LaPorte. Your area got hit hard by Ike like mine did.

lol you are from shady river? Lol I live in shady river exactly, I use shore acres as a reference as it's closer, La Porte most poeple think more north.

Vinny
09-03-2011, 02:51 AM
lol you are from shady river? Lol I live in shady river exactly, I use shore acres as a reference as it's closer, La Porte most poeple think more north.La Porte's Varsity routed Baytown Lee tonight. 40something to not much. Hell of a game. Sophomore Hoza Scott is a beast at OLB.

nytexan
09-03-2011, 03:06 AM
...Thanks Steph. I appreciate that. But when a family member posts and folks are nice, they're labeled as suck ups. Then you have those who have to be extra confrontational just to prove they're not suck ups. I've learned to live with both.

Hey, I have a thought, can you get Mario Williams mom to post on here too so we can calm some of that stuff down also?????? Then we'll find out who the real suck ups are around here :joker:

silvrhand
09-03-2011, 09:29 AM
La Porte's Varsity routed Baytown Lee tonight. 40something to not much. Hell of a game. Sophomore Hoza Scott is a beast at OLB.

I haven't been to a game in a while, the crowd up there sometimes is a bit too much for me.

GlassHalfFull
09-03-2011, 11:14 AM

This illustrates just how many things have to come together for a student athlete to succeed and make it. Starting with a good solid hs program and coach. My son is currently a senior in high school and plays on the football team. I work closely with the team as a volunteer and have for the last 7 years. I have seen a lot of good athletes come through the program, but very few have gone on the succeed at the collegiate level. The boys all think they are going to play in the NFL one day and just have no clue how long the odds are.

One kid who graduated last year was our star running back. He couldn't get a college interested in him, because there is a serious glut at rb and his grades weren't all that good. He is currently going to HCC, trying to get his grades up and hoping to play at Texas Lutheran next year. A couple of other good prospects ended up at Navarro Jr. College, mainly due to grade issues and not being qualified for Division I programs. I can't tell you the tutoring hoops we jumped thru to get another boy qualified for Oklahoma State.

Sorry, just rambling on now and have seriously lost my original point. But early on a Sat and I still need more coffee to make sense.