PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak speech!

aussie_texan
08-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, if so then merge or whatever:

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Texans-Daily-Kubiak-speech-at-Team-Luncheon/1f085362-9fb9-4b85-909c-2b4d3039f7b6

Its the speech kubiak made at the team luncheon.

Maybe its the coolaid typing but I'm very happy with gary as our coach.

I think it was a very gutsy call to keep him another year and i think it will be hugely beneficial for this franchises future.

THIS IS THE YEAR PEOPLE!!!

GO TEXANS!!!!!

TIME TO GO AND **** UP THOSE COLTS!!!!

DocBar
08-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, if so then merge or whatever:

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Texans-Daily-Kubiak-speech-at-Team-Luncheon/1f085362-9fb9-4b85-909c-2b4d3039f7b6

Its the speech kubiak made at the team luncheon.

Maybe its the coolaid typing but I'm very happy with gary as our coach.

I think it was a very gutsy call to keep him another year and i think it will be hugely beneficial for this franchises future.

THIS IS THE YEAR PEOPLE!!!GO TEXANS!!!!!

TIME TO GO AND **** UP THOSE COLTS!!!!Funny, but I think Steve Irwin gave this same speech just before he dived on top of a stingray...
It worked out bloody awful for him, old chap. However, I agree with you about the Texans.

aussie_texan
08-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Funny, but I think Steve Irwin gave this same speech just before he dived on top of a stingray...
=

:ohsnap:

badboy
08-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Man, this reminded me how much I like this guy. What coach or player would not want to work for him. I am hopeful that Wade will be able to turn defense around and Gary can become a very good head coach. All the ingredients seem to be there. Let's see what the cooks can do.

Rey
08-30-2011, 08:52 PM
I think kubiak has given this type of speech every year.

Sounds good. Can he finally come through?

DocBar
08-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Man, this reminded me how much I like this guy. What coach or player would not want to work for him. I am hopeful that Wade will be able to turn defense around and Gary can become a very good head coach. All the ingredients seem to be there. Let's see what the cooks can do.

Sounds good. Can he finally come through?Actions speak louder than words. Or something like that. Anywho, show me the goods, don't orate about them.

The Pencil Neck
08-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Actions speak louder than words. Or something like that. Anywho, show me the goods, don't orate about them.

On the other hand, if you have no choice but to get up and talk before a crowd of people rooting for your team before the season starts...

DocBar
08-30-2011, 09:01 PM
On the other hand, if you have no choice but to get up and talk before a crowd of people rooting for your team before the season starts...True enough, but how does that contradict my post? Anyone will put themselves in the best light and maximize their abilities.

CloakNNNdagger
08-30-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm impressed with his speaking prowess...........no teleprompter.

While I was in the neighborhood, I also clicked on McNair's speech........I didn't get the same feeling of motivation at all.

The Pencil Neck
08-30-2011, 09:24 PM
True enough, but how does that contradict my post? Anyone will put themselves in the best light and maximize their abilities.

It's his job to get up every year before the season starts and pump everybody up. He has no choice but to orate at that point.

He got up and said straight out that they failed last season. They had high expectations and after those first 6 games, they failed. He got up and said that last year, everyone -- including the fans -- had high hopes and he understood that people were pissed off and why they were pissed off at the team letting them down.

It was a good, sincere speech. Not a lot of rah-rah. Not a lot of "Let me PUMP... YOU UP!"

I thought he did a good job and it's exactly that sort of sincerity that I think players respond to.

Vinnie
08-30-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm impressed with his speaking prowess...........no teleprompter.

Koob for POTUS!

HoustonFrog
08-30-2011, 09:37 PM
All sounds good until he calls a halfback pass....:)

SheTexan
08-30-2011, 09:42 PM

Maybe we can call it a FULLBACK pass this year and Casey can complete it!! That would be fun, wouldn't it? :doot: Always a possibility ya know!

GP
08-30-2011, 09:43 PM

Kubiak: "Thank you for coming here today. While I know you're expecting a dynamic speech from me at this luncheon, I'm gonna' kinda' shake things up a little bit and throw something new your way....ladies and gentleman, I am proud to announce your REAL guest speaker of the day, Mr. Chris Brown, former Texans running back. Take it away, Chris!"

(Brown walks onto the stage)

(Crowd boos and throws used tampons and razor blades at him)

Kubiak: "I should've known better...." :kubepalm:

DexmanC
08-30-2011, 09:51 PM

Sounds good. Can he finally come through?

Exactly. He gave the "It's time someone else won the South" speech
last year. Started 4-2........

Only won TWO more games the rest of the year.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNN

Quit yappin,' change the name of the state to Missourahh,
and SHOW ME SOMETHIN.

Honoring Earl 34
08-30-2011, 09:56 PM
Maybe we can call it a FULLBACK pass this year and Casey can complete it!! That would be fun, wouldn't it? :doot: Always a possibility ya know!

I'm thinking Baby Shanny would call down and bug Kubiak all game about a play . Can I run my play now Gary ? No ... be quiet and learn something . BS ... I'm calling my Dad , he'll let me run them .

Trap_Star
08-30-2011, 10:03 PM
just 8 months ago he was public enemy #1, he's yet to coach a meaningful game but he's already the toast of the town.

you people make me sick.

F gary kubiak

Pantherstang84
08-30-2011, 10:25 PM
just 8 months ago he was public enemy #1, he's yet to coach a meaningful game but he's already the toast of the town.

you people make me sick.

F gary kubiak

Lighten up Francis.

Trap_Star
08-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Lighten up Francis.

no.

come at me bro.

Rey
08-30-2011, 10:29 PM
no.

come at me bro.

Lol.

What does that mean?

Texan_Bill
08-30-2011, 10:31 PM

you people make me sick.

F gary kubiak

Mario wears pink, lacy panties!!

Lucky
08-30-2011, 10:33 PM
I'll take your word for it.

Trap_Star
08-30-2011, 10:42 PM

does his Texan_Bill hang out from it?

Pantherstang84
08-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Lol.

What does that mean?

I guess it is anonymous Internet tough guy talk. Except, I do not know who he is calling bro, because we are not blood relatives. :superman:

Trap_Star
08-30-2011, 11:08 PM
I guess it is anonymous Internet tough guy talk. Except, I do not know who he is calling bro, because we are not blood relatives. :superman:

hug it out?

DX-TEX
08-31-2011, 02:47 AM
Unless it was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsmybQKpmTw

I dont care!

Corrosion
08-31-2011, 03:09 AM

TB isnt an internet tough guy ..... He pulled my ass from the fire a couple times ... when I picked more someone's than I could handle. :texanbill: We shoulda made a movie of at least one of those nights ....

Wolf6151
08-31-2011, 03:14 AM
I'm at work and can't watch the video but from the posts I can imagine that it's the same old sunshine Gary has been pumping up our ass the last few years. He needs to shut up and let his team do the talking on the field. Talk is cheap until you have to back it up.

I agree with Trap Star, F Kubiak.

Corrosion
08-31-2011, 03:16 AM
I'm at work and can't watch the video but from the posts I can imagine that it's the same old sunshine Gary has been pumping up our ass the last few years. He needs to shut up and let his team do the talking on the field. Talk is cheap until you have to back it up.

Thats a bit harsh ....

No one cares more about this team , its success , the players and the expectations of this city than Gary ....

SheTexan
08-31-2011, 06:40 AM

What do you EXPECT him to do at a team luncheon, where he is EXPECTED to get up and talk??? You think he's suppose to be a negative nellie like so many posters on this board? Geeeezzz, the man has never been good at public speeches, and never will be. BUT, he did what he was suppose to do, he gave a positive speech about THIS year, not last, nor the year before! YES, talk is cheap, but, he's not the one out there on that friggin field screwin up, it's up to his players to "back it up!"

FWIW! I've never been a huge Kubiak fan, BUT, he is what he is, the HC of the Houston Texans, and as long as he is in that role, I will support him! I agree with Corrosion. No one cares more about this team than GK! I bet some of you won't be saying "F Kubiak" if he takes us to the SB!!

Pantherstang84
08-31-2011, 07:07 AM
TB isnt an internet tough guy ..... He pulled my ass from the fire a couple times ... when I picked more someone's than I could handle. :texanbill: We shoulda made a movie of at least one of those nights ....

I went back and looked at my posts and I'm pretty sure I didn't quote any post of his or direct any comments toward TB. That being said...

I appreciate the OP posting the link to the speech at the team luncheon. I watched it. Thought it was a good speech but ultimately meaningless. There are very few people that were more vocal about firing Kubiak at the end of last season than myself. However, he wasn't fired. Not my decision. Made my opinion known, but ultimately Bob McNair really didn't care what I had to say.

Like it or not Gary Kubiak is the coach of my home town football team. Honestly, I don't know what people expected the man to say. It was his duty to give the speech. People merely commented on the speech itself and whether they liked it or not. Then others come on and call out the folks who say they liked it and start throwing F bombs. Kind of drama queenish don't ya think? We used to have a decorum in our little corner of the Internet and I am trying to help restore it. Therefore, when I see someone on here acting like a barefooted 3 year old throwing a temper tantrum in Walmart, I feel obliged to say something.

If you have ever been called into a meeting expecting to get fired but the opposite happens, it is quite a humbling experience. I know. I've been there. I'm not saying that Kubiak is humbled about keeping his job. I don't know the man and I've never met him. I'm just saying it is a possibility.

The bottom line is this. You cannot root for the Houston Texans to be successful and for the coach to fail. Their successes or failures are joined together. I'm hoping the Texans not only make the playoffs but go deep into the playoffs. Therefore, I am hoping Gary Kubiak is successful as the HC of the Houston Texans.

People need to lighten up, grow up and stop acting like chldren when others disagree with them.

That's all I got to say about that.

Perki-Perk
08-31-2011, 08:35 AM
What do you EXPECT him to do at a team luncheon, where he is EXPECTED to get up and talk??? You think he's suppose to be a negative nellie like so many posters on this board? Geeeezzz, the man has never been good at public speeches, and never will be. BUT, he did what he was suppose to do, he gave a positive speech about THIS year, not last, nor the year before! YES, talk is cheap, but, he's not the one out there on that friggin field screwin up, it's up to his players to "back it up!"

FWIW! I've never been a huge Kubiak fan, BUT, he is what he is, the HC of the Houston Texans, and as long as he is in that role, I will support him! I agree with Corrosion. No one cares more about this team than GK! I bet some of you won't be saying "F Kubiak" if he takes us to the SB!!

Not True! I think it would take Kubes winning back to back championships for some of these people to give him any credit. I know one thing about GK, He is a phenomenal Offensive Coach and the players love him. With WP on board, I betting on the Texans doing GREAT things this year! (Seriously, I think I already have $500 worth of bets on the season already.)

Perki-Perk
08-31-2011, 08:38 AM
I went back and looked at my posts and I'm pretty sure I didn't quote any post of his or direct any comments toward TB. That being said...

I appreciate the OP posting the link to the speech at the team luncheon. I watched it. Thought it was a good speech but ultimately meaningless. There are very few people that were more vocal about firing Kubiak at the end of last season than myself. However, he wasn't fired. Not my decision. Made my opinion known, but ultimately Bob McNair really didn't care what I had to say.

Like it or not Gary Kubiak is the coach of my home town football team. Honestly, I don't know what people expected the man to say. It was his duty to give the speech. People merely commented on the speech itself and whether they liked it or not. Then others come on and call out the folks who say they liked it and start throwing F bombs. Kind of drama queenish don't ya think? We used to have a decorum in our little corner of the Internet and I am trying to help restore it. Therefore, when I see someone on here acting like a barefooted 3 year old throwing a temper tantrum in Walmart, I feel obliged to say something.

If you have ever been called into a meeting expecting to get fired but the opposite happens, it is quite a humbling experience. I know. I've been there. I'm not saying that Kubiak is humbled about keeping his job. I don't know the man and I've never met him. I'm just saying it is a possibility.

The bottom line is this. You cannot root for the Houston Texans to be successful and for the coach to fail. Their successes or failures are joined together. I'm hoping the Texans not only make the playoffs but go deep into the playoffs. Therefore, I am hoping Gary Kubiak is successful as the HC of the Houston Texans.

People need to lighten up, grow up and stop acting like chldren when others disagree with them.

That's all I got to say about that.

Well said, and I would rep you if I could. One small thing though. I think the people causing problems with decorum, don't know what that word means...:breakdance:

Malloy
08-31-2011, 08:39 AM
Lol.

What does that mean?

It's called 'making a pass' :)

BeerTastesLikeVictory
08-31-2011, 10:17 AM

This. I worked this event so I had the opportunity to see it live. FWIW this is a ticketed fan event with proceeds going to charity IIRC, so it really isn't the time for him to call anyone out or put out negative vibes. It's just suppoesed to be a good time where fans (and businesses who shell out cash for entire tables) to have lunch with players.

Texan_Bill
08-31-2011, 10:26 AM

HA!! I think y'all need to read the actual user names since Trap Star turned into my message board doppleganger.

And yes Rob, we should've made a couple of movies. They would've been hilarious!

houstonspartan
08-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Sorry, guys, but in last year's speech, Kubiak got up and said: "It's time for someone else to win the AFC South, and we have the talent to do it."

Or something along those lines. It was very inspirational and forceful.

The result?

6-10.

Show me.

False Start
08-31-2011, 11:19 AM
He should have lead off with, "You ever hear about an offensive coordinator, that wanted to be a head coach, and became one?"

steelbtexan
08-31-2011, 11:22 AM
It's his job to get up every year before the season starts and pump everybody up. He has no choice but to orate at that point.

He got up and said straight out that they failed last season. They had high expectations and after those first 6 games, they failed. He got up and said that last year, everyone -- including the fans -- had high hopes and he understood that people were pissed off and why they were pissed off at the team letting them down.

It was a good, sincere speech. Not a lot of rah-rah. Not a lot of "Let me PUMP... YOU UP!"

I thought he did a good job and it's exactly that sort of sincerity that I think players respond to.

Aleast he was honest about being a failure. Hopefully he learned from his failure and wont take the consevative route with his playcalling when the Texans have a lead. Or be so afraid of Manning that he doesn't do the Moats/2 min timeout thing again.

The players responding to his sincerity thing = LOL

They haven't responded for 5yrs. Maybe this yr will be different.

The Pencil Neck
08-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Aleast he was honest about being a failure. Hopefully he learned from his failure and wont take the consevative route with his playcalling when the Texans have a lead. Or be so afraid of Manning that he doesn't do the Moats/2 min timeout thing again.

The players responding to his sincerity thing = LOL

They haven't responded for 5yrs. Maybe this yr will be different.

I think the players have responded. I think the players play very hard for Kubiak because they like him and respect him.

But if the coaches put the players in bad positions and do stupid stuff, it doesn't matter how hard the players play. And last year, it was the defensive coaches making bad decisions and putting the players in bad positions that screwed the team. And in a team sport like this, all it takes is 1 guy screwing up to blow the whole game.

Last year, this team fought back. They lost. But they fought back. To totally disregard that and say that the team didn't respond is short sighted. If this team didn't respond to Kubiak and didn't want to play for him, this team would have been in a bunch of blowout losses last year. They would have gotten down or gotten behind and they would have stopped playing. They didn't do that.

This team battled back and showed a lot of heart. Just like they did in 2009 when they closed out the last 4 games of the season.

I know you don't like Kubiak. And I know you've wanted him gone for years... even after he went 9-7. But I think you're ignoring the facts and seeing what you want to see because of your dislike of him.

buddyboy
08-31-2011, 12:57 PM

You're right, Kubiak should never talk to the press.

:gun:

Whatever guys, getting all riled up because he did a press conference, what do you expect?

Dutchrudder
08-31-2011, 01:14 PM
I really didn't see anything wrong with that speech. Kubiak is a public figure, and much like a politician, he needs to always paint a rosy picture of where the franchise is going regardless of the circumstances. I wouldn't expect anything else from what is essentially a pep rally and/or fundraiser. In 10 days we will get to see how much of the rubber meets the road, which of course will be much more telling than any luncheon speech.

Go Texans! :fans:

FirstTexansFan
08-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Well, after the addition of Joseph, Manning, and the drafting of JJ Watt... not to mention our greatest acquisition Wade Phillips... I'm gonna buy into the sunshine speeches, and massive amounts of Kool-Aid... I'm just that kinda sucker :)

Texans_Chick
08-31-2011, 01:48 PM
I really didn't see anything wrong with that speech. Kubiak is a public figure, and much like a politician, he needs to always paint a rosy picture of where the franchise is going regardless of the circumstances. I wouldn't expect anything else from what is essentially a pep rally and/or fundraiser. In 10 days we will get to see how much of the rubber meets the road, which of course will be much more telling than any luncheon speech.

Go Texans! :fans:

I saw the speech in person. Thought it was as good as you could do given the sort of season they had last year. I'm fussy about public speaking, think most public speakers are terrible and I've seen him do a bunch of speeches, and I think he is particularly good at it.

People complain that Kubiak isn't an emotional guy. Maybe not at press conferences. But you see how he motivates when he does speeches like this or when you see him on the practice field.

His players want to play for him. That's not everything in coaching but it is a big part of it. Ultimately, it isn't about talking, it is about results.

drs23
08-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Lol.

What does that mean?

It means: If you had an avatar, he'd be sure to copy cat/steal it! :kitten:

Marcus
08-31-2011, 03:00 PM
The problem with all these "F Kubiakers" is that they intend to remain "F Kubiakers, no matter what happens in the future. All because they just didn't get their way.

Wolf6151
08-31-2011, 03:05 PM

I'm not a fan of Kubiak, obviously, but if he takes us to the playoffs or SB I'll patt the man on the back and say good job. I'll give him his props when they're earned. You make a good point, it was at a public luncheon where he's expected to pump sunshine up our ass.

FirstTexansFan
08-31-2011, 03:05 PM
The problem with all these "F Kubiakers" is that they intend to remain "F Kubiakers, no matter what happens in the future. All because they just didn't get their way.

I wore the soap... we can change our ways ;) Well at least until they lose their first game, then we'll be back on our Anti-Kubes tirade... I know, I've seen me do it :)

Hervoyel
08-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Kubiak's quite the speech maker. Always has been.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/KubiakBraveheart.jpg

HOU-TEX
08-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Kubiak's quite the speech maker. Always has been.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/KubiakBraveheart.jpg

Ha, just watched that movie for the billionth time the other day. Great movie

Hervoyel
08-31-2011, 04:12 PM

I disagree. I'm as big a "**** Kubiaker" as anyone. Based on his past performance I still believe he should have been fired. He wasn't though so here we are back again for the 2011 ride and I'd like nothing better than for this to be the year he transforms into the right guy. I think everyone pretty much feels that way. A winning season and a playoff run is always good stuff no matter who delivers it.

I am enthusiastic about the moves that have been made. I wasn't incredibly impressed with just adding Wade at first but step by step I've been won over.

Adding Wade was like "That's not going to be enough!" and then letting Wade drive during draft time was like "But... Well that's an interesting bunch of rookies. I kinda like those picks!"

Watching their moves in free agency (Joseph & Manning) was "Now that's what I'm talking about!". I wanted Aso but see the sense in what the Texans did. They made a legitimate run at Aso and then didn't let themselves get used by him beyond that point. That's all I ever asked that they do.

Now I just don't see anybody still raging about Gary not being fired. If the Texans screw the pooch this year too then there will be plenty of time and reasons to rage about Gary not being fired and I imagine I'll have lots of company doing it. Right now though I'm happy and would like nothing better than to see Gary suddenly bring it all together with a 10-11 win season.

EllisUnit
08-31-2011, 06:01 PM
He wants the fans their early for warm ups :whip:. With all the beer in the parking lot that WONT happen.

Double Barrel
08-31-2011, 06:13 PM
Well, nice speech, and agree with the above sentiment, what else is he going to say in that situation?

Now all that said, he talked the talk. It's time to see if his team can walk the walk.

Go Texans! Our time has come. :texflag:

houstonspartan
09-02-2011, 12:25 PM

Bullshit. Do you even read this board? Most of us who want the guy gone would sell our souls for a trip to the playoffs - Kubiak or not. It's about the team, not about the COACH. A lot of us firmly believe that the team is held back because of the coach, and, let's be real here: we're right.

I want Kubiak to succeed, despite the fact I think he's a dolt. Not because he's a "nice guy" - because I'm a fan of the team.

Get it?

Thorn
09-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Bullshit. Do you even read this board? Most of us who want the guy gone would sell our souls for a trip to the playoffs - Kubiak or not. It's about the team, not about the COACH. A lot of us firmly believe that the team is held back because of the coach, and, let's be real here: we're right.

I want Kubiak to succeed, despite the fact I think he's a dolt. Not because he's a "nice guy" - because I'm a fan of the team.

Get it?

Cool. Saved me some typing.

thunderkyss
12-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Did Gary skip out on the Gary Kubiak Show?

El Tejano
12-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Did Gary skip out on the Gary Kubiak Show?

Yes. When asked why he said it was because he is pissed and he's got a whole team's butt to kick.

Kimmy
12-20-2011, 07:53 AM
It's because they had a walk through practice on Monday at 7:30 pm. No time to do a radio show when you have a short week.

TejasTom
12-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Kimmy,

I like El Tejano's explanation better.

ObsiWan
12-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Yes. When asked why he said it was because he is pissed and he's got a whole team's butt to kick.
:lolrskates:

+1 dude

eriadoc
12-20-2011, 07:51 PM

Normally, I agree with the mods about personal attacks, but every once in a while, a post reflects accurately upon the poster.

El Tejano
12-21-2011, 08:00 AM
:lolrskates:

+1 dude

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Double Barrel
12-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Well, nice speech, and agree with the above sentiment, what else is he going to say in that situation?

Now all that said, he talked the talk. It's time to see if his team can walk the walk.

Go Texans! Our time has come. :texflag:

YAY! They walked the walk and our time finally arrived!! :redtowel: :texflag: :fans: