PDA

View Full Version : Johnathan Joseph

Ryan
08-30-2011, 06:42 PM
I've heard everybody talk about everyone but him. He looked pretty good out there. It's pretty obvious why no one has really talked about him, you never heard his name because he was only thrown at but once if i'm not mistaken, and it was an incomplete pass.

Hopefully i never hear his name except for when he makes interceptions. :fans:

gtexan02
08-30-2011, 06:45 PM
So far in the 1 game he's played for us we allowed 50 yards passing.

We gave up 218 and 210 in the two before where he was injured.
I know he didn't play the whole game/starters only played briefly the 1st 2, but still.

I think Joseph allows us to help our weaker CBs out with safety help and this dramatically improves our game

foo82
08-30-2011, 06:47 PM
So far in the 1 game he's played for us we allowed 50 yards passing.

We gave up 218 and 210 in the two before where he was injured.
I know he didn't play the whole game/starters only played briefly the 1st 2, but still.

I think Joseph allows us to help our weaker CBs out with safety help and this dramatically improves our game

I think those numbers have less to do with Joseph and more to do with the fact that niners flat out suck.

CloakNNNdagger
08-30-2011, 06:47 PM
I've heard everybody talk about everyone but him. He looked pretty good out there. It's pretty obvious why no one has really talked about him, you never heard his name because he was only thrown at but once if i'm not mistaken, and it was an incomplete pass.

I must be even better. They never threw once to me!:hides:

Rey
08-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Joseph is just a good ball player.

I expect him to make some good plays for us this year.

CloakNNNdagger
08-30-2011, 07:34 PM
I agree with most everyone's opinions. The more JJ is tested, the more he will eventually prove his value.

ObsiWan
08-30-2011, 07:38 PM

well, you know how it is; they always save "ultimate weapons" such as yourself as a last resort...

but stay ready! you never know when they'll need to pick up the red phone and call your number...
:D

badboy
08-30-2011, 09:21 PM
I know I saw KJ sitting next to Joseph on the bench. Hope JJ was mentoring.

Playoffs
08-30-2011, 09:25 PM
Me neither, and I was a receiver. :laughjump:

Perki-Perk
08-31-2011, 12:38 AM
May I add, that even though they were the crappy 9ers, we also played Brees and that over rated bum the couple of weeks prior. Although they were only in the game limited amounts of time, remember last year we made Tebow look like he had a promising future.

I think our secondary even if 2's vs. 2's is still looking vastly improved. <300 yds is a Godsend when you take into account last season!

Jackie Chiles
08-31-2011, 01:35 AM
Anyone know how we plan to use him? Is he following the top WR around the field or does he man one side?

SteveSlaton20
08-31-2011, 01:53 AM
Anyone know how we plan to use him? Is he following the top WR around the field or does he man one side?

hopefully he shadows the best WR. KJ or whoever is gonna be our #2CB shouldn't be playing against the best WR on the field.

beerlover
08-31-2011, 02:59 AM
I haven't seen enough to tell myself. sample size too small with Texans & didn't follow the Bengals. The key for him, however seems to be his health. That is a concern. What I have seen of him I like his footwork & fluidity in/out of breaks. Would like to see his long speed tested, I'm sure it will be at some point this season.

hradhak
08-31-2011, 07:27 AM
our secondary is going to look bettr by default if our front 7 gets the kind of pressure it has been getting these past 3 weeks. I'm less worried about kj this year because jj seems to have taken it upon himself to improve the secondary play.

thunderkyss
08-31-2011, 09:33 AM
our secondary is going to look bettr by default if our front 7 gets the kind of pressure it has been getting these past 3 weeks. I'm less worried about kj this year because jj seems to have taken it upon himself to improve the secondary play.

I think our pass rush will look better because of the improved coverage.

drunkcookie
08-31-2011, 10:11 AM
I think our pass rush will look better because of the improved coverage.

They'll for sure feed off of each other... There will be plays where coverages are blown and the front seven negates it, and times where the front seven hits a wall but the coverage bails them out...

Looking too be a pretty good combo so far... We shall see...

BTW, isn't there a saying for this? "Pass coverage wins games, front sevens win championships!" Jk

El Tejano
08-31-2011, 10:35 AM

I wanted to mention how I noticed the QB was only able to throw to one side of the field but thought I'd wait for someonelse to mention they noticed it because I didn't want to get smart remark from someone saying "yes ET, someone other than you noticed."

HOU-TEX
08-31-2011, 10:46 AM
I think those numbers have less to do with Joseph and more to do with the fact that niners flat out suck.

Heh, heh, this is true. However, our Dline was running around the Niners Oline. Then again, that might have something to do with the Niners flat our sucking too.

BTW, welcome to the board