PDA

View Full Version : DeMecos injury

RipTraxx
08-30-2011, 11:45 AM
Can someone clarify his injury status for me? I just listened to the podcast w/ kubes, wade, antonio, and meco...And a reporter asked kubes about Meco missing almost all off the season.

My hearing might be screwed up but it got me a lil worried. If he was to miss a significant part of the season i would've thought it'd be a little more publicized.

Jackie Chiles
08-30-2011, 11:48 AM
He played game 1 against the Jets and bruised his elbow pretty good. That is the reason they have been holding him out, not his Achilles injury. He will be good to go week 1.

ObsiWan
08-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Can someone clarify his injury status for me? I just listened to the podcast w/ kubes, wade, antonio, and meco...And a reporter asked kubes about Meco missing almost all off the season.

My hearing might be screwed up but it got me a lil worried. If he was to miss a significant part of the season i would've thought it'd be a little more publicized.

This is what CloakNNNDagger posted on the subject about a week ago....

Sounds like Demeco has a case of olecranon (elbow) bursitis......an inflammation of the elbow bursa (elbow protection buffer pad mechanism).

http://elbowjointhelp.info/media/localip_kctriarzfe.jpg

It can happen with one acute direct trauma to the elbow or repeated traumas. Rest is the most important part of the treatment. RICE is the main approach along with anti-inflammatory meds, and possible needle fluid aspiration if accumulation is significant. This can take weeks to several months to resolve and can easily recur with continued or recurrent trauma. Recurrence is especially likely, if adequate time for clinical resolution is not allowed before the area is exposed to additional trauma. With recurrent aspirations, you worry about infection of the bursa which can lead to even greater problems. In cases such as this or in cases of multiple recurrence of the inflammatory bursitis, surgery may be indicated, although the need for surgery is still the exception.

http://atlas-emergency-medicine.org.ua/ch.12_files/image022.jpg

NETxTexanFan
08-30-2011, 11:52 AM
Go to NFL.com and there you should discover what it is you seek. What you have stated is the first I have heard of such. I am watching NFL Network and there has been nothing about this running under the replayed preseason games about this. If all else fails check out ESPN if you have it or go to their website.

DBCooper
08-30-2011, 03:47 PM

Maybe they were talking about him missing almost all of LAST season.

badboy
08-30-2011, 03:52 PM
This is what CloakNNNDagger posted on the subject about a week ago....I understand that often these can be drained and player continues but takes much longer to heal.

TimeKiller
08-30-2011, 04:45 PM
Why play him at all? Let him get in extra rehab on the achilles.