PDA

View Full Version : My take on the preseason. SIAB

HouSportsWriter
08-29-2011, 04:58 PM
I know it is only preseason but, you can not deny the Texans have looked stellar and if your like a Texans fanatic then most of this writeup you may already know or talked about.

We are currently 3-0 this preseason, and that is saying something. Because We have had a major overhaul in our defense. We changed our defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4 this off season. Meaning we changed our former number one draft pick Mario Williams from his former position of DE to outside linebacker, but he will rarely ever drop back into coverage, and he will mainly rush the passer mainly because of his size. We have also moved Conner Barwin to linebacker from DE, and he has been very disruptive getting on average one sack per game. He may very well be the best at creating pressure on our team, and Now that Mario is a linebacker. We had to draft a defensive end with our number one draft pick. We ended up drafting J.J Watt and he has been just plain outstanding. We needed to fix our last place secondary and we did. Bringing in safety Danieal Manning and corner Jonathan Joseph. This is a major up grade over Jackson and Pollard. with Jackson our #2 corner we will have a better chance finishing out games.

Our defence is ranked number two in total defense behind the jets

look here
http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Our offense needs to wake up. There has been a lot of over thrown balls, but that can be fixed. I got a huge scare in the last game against the 49ers. When the Texans threw a pick on the opening play for a pick six, and at that moment i thought to myself it has to be the same old Texans, but i was proven wrong. They did not give up Schaub led the team, and we won with the help from the defense. The Texans from the past would of just called it quits, but they did not show any expressions that they were going to back down. One key thing that did stand out to me was right before halftime against the 49ers. They decided to go deep with a few seconds on the clock with a major lead instead of taking a knee like they would of done in the past.

The return game is just dreadful try to i look away, and pray we don't fumble or lose yards every time we get a return. On a bright side. We have a really amazing kicker i mean this guy can hit and hard no not with his foot but with his pads he is not scared to get dirty all he has to do is kick all his three point attempts and i will be happy.

I know this is preseason, but i am officially ready for some football!

Please leave me some feedback. I been trying hard to get my spelling corrected!

Thanks!

Wolf
08-29-2011, 05:04 PM
I know Wade has probably forgot about more defensive football than Smith/Bush have ever known and I know Wade isn't a dummy.

the pessimistic side of me hopes that we haven't shown too many cards. (I don't think he has, but it is in the back of my mind).. I am just gunshy on this team.. 10 years of fools gold...fool me once shame on you, fool me 10 times... shame on me ...

I DO have a good feeling about this team (which my history of feelings and how they turn out is one reason I won't gamble) BUT.....

With that said... LETS KICK some AFC ass :fans:

C Madd
08-29-2011, 05:17 PM

Thanks!

You've made a noticeable improvement. Keep up the good work, sir.

Perki-Perk
08-29-2011, 05:28 PM
10 years of fools gold...fool me once shame on you, fool me 10 times... shame on me ...

See, I just don't get this from some fans. 10 years of "Fools Gold"? I mean come on, did anyone really have many expectations the first 6 years or so? Outside of being a complete homer, you had to know that this team didn't have legitimate shots really until 2008. So for me, I've really only been let down the last 2 maybe 3 years. Some of you are so over dramatic!

Wolf
08-29-2011, 05:37 PM
See, I just don't get this from some fans. 10 years of "Fools Gold"? I mean come on, did anyone really have many expectations the first 6 years or so? Outside of being a complete homer, you had to know that this team didn't have legitimate shots really until 2008. So for me, I've really only been let down the last 2 maybe 3 years. Some of you are so over dramatic!

I was just counting the Texan's years in existence that was all

I didn't have much expectations the first 2 years then 2005 season(which we thought was promising at the start), the bottom dropped out and we were starting over and drafting at the top again

Honoring Earl 34
08-29-2011, 05:37 PM
The best way I've heard Wade's defense described was he plays a 5-2 front . Barwin , Mario , Watt , Brooks ,and Smith are athletic and aggresive .

Your posting is much better .

drs23
08-29-2011, 05:39 PM

Thanks!

Tell your mother she did a fine job!

I kid, I say, I kid! Great improvement! Keep at it! :fans:

Perki-Perk
08-29-2011, 05:45 PM
I was just counting the Texan's years in existence that was all

I didn't have much expectations the first 2 years then 2005 season(which we thought was promising at the start), the bottom dropped out and we were starting over and drafting at the top again

Well in that case, it's certainly been a long time coming. Look at it this way. The Steelers only sniffed a playoff once in their first 38 years (footballreference). Yikes! Look how they turned out! Understandibly, some of us still want to be around when the Texans do big things. :gun:

As many have said, this is the first year I'm extremely excited before the start of the regular season. Last year it wasn't until we beat the Colts game 1, then 4-2 after 6 games, then, what the Hell?. We actually have a fully legitimate team this year, with one exception, ST. GET IT TOGETHER MARCIANO!!!

IBleedTexans
08-29-2011, 06:44 PM

I 2nd that my good sir!T:whip::turtle::whip:

Texas T
08-29-2011, 06:48 PM

Thanks!

Excellent job SIAB!! You've definitely come along way, Congats!

Corrosion
08-29-2011, 07:58 PM

Thanks!

Color me impressed .... Your writing skills have improved tremendously , better than anything the Chron has to offer ..... :brando:

Wolf
08-29-2011, 08:33 PM
thanks to digitalswim on the Lance thread

I didn't know the Texans just rushed 4 for most of the time
http://thesidelineview.com/podcast/tsv-podcast-5-tsvs-lance-zierlein-breaks-down-texans-play-against-49ers-former-nfl-offensive

Nawzer
08-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Good job SIAB. You took a lot of flak, deservedly so, for your grammar and spelling but you're on the right track. In your first sentence, you said, "I know it is only preseason but, you can not deny the Texans have looked stellar and if your like a Texans fanatic then most of this writeup you may already know or talked about." The bold part should be "you're". Here's a helpful link if you so should choose to use it.

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/difficulties/youryoure.html

MojoMan
08-29-2011, 08:44 PM

Thanks!

Your spelling and grammar have approved by at least an order of magnitude. Your diligence is paying off and I expect it will likely continue to pay off for the rest of your life. You will not be sorry that you invested the time and effort required to take this problem in hand.

Very impressive. Well done, young man.

However, there is one piece of editorial feedback I will offer you. When you use the word "I" in the middle of a sentence, it should be capitalized. Using a small "i", as you did in a number of instances might be acceptable for texting, but it is not acceptable for writing proper sentences.

Perki-Perk
08-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Your spelling and grammar have approved by at least an order of magnitude. Your diligence is paying off and I expect it will likely continue to pay off for the rest of your life. You will not be sorry that you invested the time and effort required to take this problem in hand.

Very impressive. Well done, young man.

However, there is one piece of editorial feedback I will offer you. When you use the word "I" in the middle of a sentence, it should be capitalized. Using a small "i", as you did in a number of instances might be acceptable for texting, but it is not acceptable for writing proper sentences.

Is SIAB an "import", or someone who used to think it wuz kewl to talk lyke dis?

Texan_Bill
08-29-2011, 10:02 PM

Thanks!

Hey!! Little brother, you're spelling and grammar has improved exponentialy!!! Keep working, and you will be WAY more articulate than I ever could be... GO BRO!!

HouSportsWriter
08-29-2011, 10:03 PM
:edit:

Thanks Bill and every one for the positive feedback. It helps me push on

Perki-Perk
08-29-2011, 10:16 PM
How stupid do you think i am? I have all ways had problems with spelling, and asking if I am a import is just rude. For your info i am not a import, but if you really wanted to know you should of private messaged me instead of trolling my thread.

:edit:

Thanks Bill and every one for the positive feedback. It helps me push on

Wasn't a hit on you man. I do not know the history on your ability, or inability, to communicate with proper grammar. I know a lot of people on forums like to be grammar police. I was either suggesting that you had immigrated from somewhere, or simply had grown up and decided not to speak like the status quo. Never did I assume nor indicate that you are presently stupid.

Either way, congrats on your improved ability to communicate.

HouSportsWriter
08-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Wasn't a hit on you man. I do not know the history on your ability, or inability, to communicate with proper grammar. I know a lot of people on forums like to be grammar police. I was either suggesting that you had immigrated from somewhere, or simply had grown up and decided not to speak like the status quo. Never did I assume nor indicate that you are presently stupid.

Either way, congrats on your improved ability to communicate.

Thank you I am sorry for jumping on you.

texanhead08
08-29-2011, 10:30 PM
The most pleasing thing to me so far is how often I am seeing Texans in the opposing teams backfield. I haven't seen that ever in a Texans defense.

Texan_Bill
08-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Oh BTW, Slatonisabeast.... Change your user name because Slaton is anything but a beast! ;)

Perki-Perk
08-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Thank you I am sorry for jumping on you.

It's ok, now go fix that initial rant towards me! There are many grammatical errors in there!! LOL

HouSportsWriter
08-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Oh BTW, Slatonisabeast.... Change your user name because Slaton is anything but a beast! ;)

it has to be texnbillisabeast

Perki-Perk
08-29-2011, 10:43 PM

Whatever you do, don't change it to fosterisabeast...don't want him to start sucking too!!... I kid, I kid!

Corrosion
08-29-2011, 10:46 PM

TB is a beast ... I seen him knock a melonhead out cold .... one hitter quitter.

Texan_Bill
08-29-2011, 10:49 PM
It's ok, now go fix that initial rant towards me! There are many grammatical errors in there!! LOL

And all of the sudden, you have become the grammar nazi of TexansTalk?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081201204915/uncyclopedia/images/7/75/Grammar_Nazi_Logo.jpg

While I appreciate that, just "do me a solid"! Finish out your last year with dedication, motivation and KEEP working hard on your future!! You know, I will always make myself available for you... no matter what you may need!!!

GO Slatonisabeast!!!!!

thunderkyss
08-30-2011, 12:30 AM
I know it is only preseason but, you can not deny the Texans have looked stellar and if your like a Texans fanatic then most of this writeup you may already know or talked about.

Excellent review.... excellent write up.

Truth, I'm worried.

There is no way an opposing team is going to let Andre Johnson get as wide open as what we've seen in the preseason. There is no way we can keep trotting Jacoby Jones out there if Matt don't trust him (hence the high thrown balls, the balls in the dirt, the wide throws). There is no way an opposing team is going to gash us once or twice then abandon the run.

Some things have definitely gone in our favor. But I'm thinking there's more fools gold in what we've seen than not. I'm not seeing any depth at the WR position. I think our depth at LB is pretty thin.

We look good at RB, QB, & CB..... other than that, 16 games is a long time to hold ones breath.

vupac1
08-30-2011, 12:36 AM

You mean to tell me you didn't even get just a little bit excited during the Domanick Davis era?

ObsiWan
08-30-2011, 12:55 AM

We are currently 3-0 this preseason, and that is saying something. Because We have had a major overhaul in our defense. We changed our defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4 this off season. Meaning we changed our former number one draft pick Mario Williams from his former position of DE to outside linebacker, but he will rarely ever drop back into coverage, and he will mainly rush the passer mainly because of his size. We have also moved Conner Barwin to linebacker from DE, and he has been very disruptive getting on average one sack per game. He may very well be the best at creating pressure on our team, and Now that Mario is a linebacker. We had to draft a defensive end with our number one draft pick. We ended up drafting J.J Watt and he has been just plain outstanding. We needed to fix our last place secondary and we did. Bringing in safety Danieal Manning and corner Jonathan Joseph. This is a major up grade over Jackson and Pollard. with Jackson our #2 corner we will have a better chance finishing out games.

Our defence is ranked number two in total defense behind the jets

look here
http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Our offense needs to wake up. There has been a lot of over thrown balls, but that can be fixed. I got a huge scare in the last game against the 49ers. When the Texans threw a pick on the opening play for a pick six, and at that moment i thought to myself it has to be the same old Texans, but i was proven wrong. They did not give up Schaub led the team, and we won with the help from the defense. The Texans from the past would of just called it quits, but they did not show any expressions that they were going to back down. One key thing that did stand out to me was right before halftime against the 49ers. They decided to go deep with a few seconds on the clock with a major lead instead of taking a knee like they would of done in the past.

The return game is just dreadful try to i look away, and pray we don't fumble or lose yards every time we get a return. On a bright side. We have a really amazing kicker i mean this guy can hit and hard no not with his foot but with his pads he is not scared to get dirty all he has to do is kick all his three point attempts and i will be happy.

Thanks!

Good assessment, you have made young padawan. Agree with most of your points, I do.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRROy-vqTVzf3p7-aFyp0v90uEVO-8vWKKxie32NECA-dAsB7Qr

Also, much progress, in your posts you have made. With more work, speak as well as I do, you will.
:D

Perki-Perk
08-30-2011, 01:20 AM
You mean to tell me you didn't even get just a little bit excited during the Domanick Davis era?

You mean that guy that footballreference has as Domanick Williams. Talk about being the Houston Rodney Dangerfields, no respect. I mean, seriously...no

Perki-Perk
08-30-2011, 01:22 AM
think our depth at LB is pretty thin.

Even with Adibi and Sharpton, Reed and Brahman? Ok, Brahman may be stretching it.

Perki-Perk
08-30-2011, 01:23 AM
And all of the sudden, you have become the grammar nazi of TexansTalk?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081201204915/uncyclopedia/images/7/75/Grammar_Nazi_Logo.jpg

While I appreciate that, just "do me a solid"! Finish out your last year with dedication, motivation and KEEP working hard on your future!! You know, I will always make myself available for you... no matter what you may need!!!

GO Slatonisabeast!!!!!

I guess I should have sought out that sarcasm graphic :/

michaelm
08-30-2011, 01:26 AM

"noticeable" is a huge understatement.
Does anyone know SIB personally? I'm worried that someone has done something dastardly to him, and taken over his TT account!