PDA

View Full Version : ATL @ HOU: Just another game?

thunderkyss
08-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Week 13, the Atlanta Falcons come to Houston. If you were a player, would you consider this "Just another game"?

Rey
08-28-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't understand.

Is it the dunta angle?

Marcus
08-28-2011, 03:47 PM
What are you getting at?

Crushing56
08-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Why wouldn't it be...

False Start
08-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Hopefully by then they will have a playoff spot locked in, and it will be just another game.

Trap_Star
08-28-2011, 03:57 PM
it will be if we're 5-7 again.

Ryan
08-28-2011, 04:05 PM

:vincepalm: :backsout:

DocBar
08-28-2011, 04:11 PM
:goodpost:

Dutchrudder
08-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Atlanta has a great offense, do not underestimate them.

DocBar
08-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Atlanta has a great offense, do not underestimate them.I think he was angling more towards DRob than anyone taking them lightly. They had a 13-3 record last year. We've only had 15 wins in the last two seasons to go with 17 losses.

Trap_Star
08-28-2011, 04:25 PM
if we're a both a top our divisions, this could easily be a game NBC bumps up to prime time.

drunkcookie
08-28-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm guessing this is the Dunta angle as well... I don't understand why Texans players would really care that they're playing against Dunta two years after the fact...

Leach and Pollard both play at Baltimore and those two are less than a year removed and seemed more important in the locker-room than Dunta...

Honestly, I'm really concered how the players are going to feel week 1 with Orlabsheskimisky on the opposing sideline ;)

None of this matters... Non-story/factor...

headsplint
08-28-2011, 05:08 PM
If it is the Dunta angle, yeah it's just another game. And Dunta on AJ? No where in the same league. I will almost feel sorry for "pay me".

DocBar
08-28-2011, 05:28 PM
If it is the Dunta angle, yeah it's just another game. And Dunta on AJ? No where in the same league. I will almost feel sorry for "pay me".Oh, I hope DRob gets on an egotrip and says he can cover AJ 1-on-1. AJ could have a career day in an already very dinstinguished career.

houstonspartan
08-28-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm lost.

drs23
08-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Though TK hasn't popped back in to follow up I took it more in the vein of what DeMeco said before the Cowboys regular season game last year and the way that worked out. Just guessing here, but that's my :twocents:

Allstar
08-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Why wouldn't it be? honestly, NFC games are the least important games regarding tiebreakers, so if we had pick which game to lose, I'd be okay with this one.

ATXtexanfan
08-28-2011, 05:38 PM
just another game, hell no. superbowl preview

fiasco west
08-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Dunta wasn't as polarizing a figure here for me to count this as a big game. He was a solid CB. Not that he wasn't a good player, he was feisty and seemed to be a good leader here but...I bet the game since it is at Houston means more to him than anyone else. Ex-players always seem to play big against their ex-teams.

SteveSlaton20
08-28-2011, 06:08 PM
they have a great offense and a great defense...not sure what you mean by, "just another game?"

Marcus
08-28-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm lost.

No, I think TK is losing it. Especially, if it's a Dunta angle. Who cares about that, anymore?

thunderkyss
08-28-2011, 06:33 PM
No, I think TK is losing it. Especially, if it's a Dunta angle. Who cares about that, anymore?

It doesn't matter to me what angle you put on the game. But the original post stated: "If you were a member of the Texans.....

Though TK hasn't popped back in to follow up I took it more in the vein of what DeMeco said before the Cowboys regular season game last year and the way that worked out. Just guessing here, but that's my :twocents:

Exactly.

I know people get tired of hearing, "The most important game in team history!" But until we do something that means something, they'll all be the most important.

As a fan, I want all the players to believe the next game is the most important.

So whether we want to beat the smack out of Dunta Robinson. Or whup one of the better NFC teams, or stop one of the better running attacks, or locking up a play-off spot, I want the Texans to play like it is the most important game in team history.

This is also true for the twelve games prior.

Allstar
08-28-2011, 06:41 PM
So when are you gonna start the PIT @ HOU: Just another game? thread? I'm looking forward to it.

drunkcookie
08-28-2011, 06:49 PM
So when are you gonna start the PIT @ HOU: Just another game? thread? I'm looking forward to it.

Yah, I don't get it either... Must be like abstract art where only the artist really knows what that random splash of paint accompanied by a couple of brush-strokes actually means... to them anyway...

I guess going to Baltimore on the road isn't anything...

TheDream34
08-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Whoever said that the league will put this game in NBC must be joking, this is THE TEXANS were talking about

DocBar
08-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Whoever said that the league will put this game in NBC must be joking, this is THE TEXANS were talking about

You need to drink your :koolaid: and get on the bandwagon.

Trap_Star
08-28-2011, 07:21 PM

never said they will...i said they COULD if both teams were leading the division come that week. both teams have legit offenses, what better than a probable shoot out on prime time between 2 potential good teams?

TheDream34
08-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Don't get me wrong I would love for us to be on NBC but you know they're to busy putting room for the cowbitches and the eagles

ObsiWan
08-28-2011, 08:04 PM
I think he was angling more towards DRob than anyone taking them lightly. They had a 13-3 record last year. We've only had 15 wins in the last two seasons to go with 17 losses.

You sure?
I was thinking this is a chance for Schaub to show the Falcons that they should have given him more of a shot at being the starter.

Texan_Bill
08-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Who cares? Play each game to win, no matter who the personnel is on the other side. Should we be worried that Dan Orlovsky is with the Colts? Or that Vonta is with the Ravens?? No just prepare for each individual game.

badboy
08-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Who? Set 'em up, knock 'em down. Click, click

DocBar
08-28-2011, 09:23 PM
You sure?
I was thinking this is a chance for Schaub to show the Falcons that they should have given him more of a shot at being the starter.LOL. I think they're perfectly happy with how things worked out in the QB area.

Allstar
08-28-2011, 09:34 PM
You sure?
I was thinking this is a chance for Schaub to show the Falcons that they should have given him more of a shot at being the starter.

They gave Mike Vick 100 million dollars. Schaub knows how the business works. I'm sure he has no ill feelings towards the Falcons, hell he should thank them because they gave him the chance at being the starter for us.

The Pencil Neck
08-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Week 13, the Atlanta Falcons come to Houston. If you were a player, would you consider this "Just another game"?

I have to admit, I'm like everyone else. I have no idea why it wouldn't be just like every other game. It's like the Saints and the Steelers games. They're strong teams that we need to beat.

fiasco west
08-28-2011, 10:28 PM
I have to admit, I'm like everyone else. I have no idea why it wouldn't be just like every other game. It's like the Saints and the Steelers games. They're strong teams that we need to beat.

Think the Steelers is a big game. Sure if we lose it's as to be expected...but if we win? There is no better to way to show "We have arrived." than beating the Steelers, that team goes to the superbowl every other year now and when they don't they get damn near close to. I think it would be a huge lift to the team and fans early in the year if they win that game.

Shaft75
08-28-2011, 11:09 PM
A lot of history with this game...

-Jerry Glanville
-Chris Chandler
-Dan Reeves
-Broncos vs. Falcons in the Super Bowl(Kubiak)
-Wade Phillips as interim coach
-Schaub
-Dunta

I mean, the list goes on...

/sarcasm

Wolf6151
08-29-2011, 12:39 AM
This will be an extremely important game, just like all the others. Atlanta is a very good team that we're playing late in the season.