PDA

View Full Version : Colts: Dumb and Dumber?

CloakNNNdagger
08-26-2011, 03:08 PM
I have to ask........What the heck were they thinking?

*Manning getting older

*Manning having 2 neck surgeries

*Painter who?

*When did they last draft a top QB to have Manning groom

*Polian

http://mlkshk.com/r/5GKD

*Irsay

http://images.fastcompany.com/upload/what-me-worry.jpg

Dutchrudder
08-26-2011, 03:09 PM
I'd like to know why they gave him a 90 million dollar contract if they were uncertain of his health. Maybe they should have stuck with the tag...

Ole Miss Texan
08-26-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm a big fan of what the Packers did with Aaron Rodgers. I don't think the really expected Favre would keep playing that long and Rodgers would have to sit as long as he did, but I think that's a HUGE reason why Aaron's been as successful as he has.

I also like what Belichick did this year with drafting Ryan Mallet. That was a smart move and a great spot for that guy to end up. All he has to do is study and watch Tom Brady for years.

Maybe the Colts thought they were doing that with some of the QBs they brought in, but on the outside it doesn't seem they were overly proactive in grooming #18's replacement. I know most every QB in the league, no matter how young, thinks they should be the starter... and you really do want that mentality and confidence, but I truly think some good young QBs would JUMP at the chance to shadow Peyton for a few years. Pick his brain, study his work habits. That would pay huge dividends for their careers.

jaayteetx
08-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Colts know Manning will be out the whole year and are planning to tank it this year and draft Andrew Luck, then Manning returns and plays for three or four more years and grooms the young qb. :stirpot:

fiasco west
08-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Peyton is what 35? They relied too much on the guy really.

Corrosion
08-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Lets give a guy with a bad neck $90,000,000.00 ...... :truck:

CloakNNNdagger
08-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Lets give a guy with a bad neck $90,000,000.00 ...... :truck:

Peyton Manning’s five-year, $90 million contract with the Indianapolis Colts shows a $20 million signing bonus, a $28 million option bonus and a 2011 roster bonus of $3 million.

2011: $3.4 million base, $16 million against the salary cap.

2012: $7.4 million base, $17 million against the cap.

2013: $8.4 million base, $18 million against the cap.

2014: $9.4 million base, $19 million against the cap.

2015: $10.4 million base, $20 million against the cap.

If something happens to Manning, it's going to put one heck of a crimp in a rebuilding process.

The Cush
08-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Would this be the ultimate bitter sweet scenario....the Colts decide to shut down Peyton all year, paving the way for our first playoff berth but resulting in the Colts having the worst record and allowing them to draft Andrew Luck?

jaayteetx
08-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Would this be the ultimate bitter sweet scenario....the Colts decide to shut down Peyton all year, paving the way for our first playoff berth but resulting in the Colts having the worst record and allowing them to draft Andrew Luck?

where have i seen this before? mmm

The Cush
08-26-2011, 07:52 PM
where have i seen this before? mmm

LOL...sorry I missed your post. Here's me ->:kubepalm::mariopalm:

jaayteetx
08-26-2011, 07:54 PM
LOL...sorry I missed your post. Here's me ->:kubepalm::mariopalm:

no prob, lol, that would be our luck though...

fiasco west
08-26-2011, 09:25 PM

Yep, I can see it now.

Peyton sits the year out and gets back to 100%. Plays 3-4 more years and is pretty much still Peyton Manning, all the while Luck learns under him. Eventually the torch passes...

Lucky
08-26-2011, 09:35 PM
I remember there were pre-draft rumblings about the Colts possibly using their 1st round pick on Andy Dalton. Instead, they chose to bolster the o-line, which makes the most sense. Manning is likely to come back from this and play another 5 years.

Still, this is the obviously the best chance the Texans have ever had at grabbing the AFC South title. Not to put any pressure on the coaching staff...:kitten:

GP
08-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Why are people on here, and other threads (such as the one about the demise of the Titans) crowning Andrew Luck as a guy who is already having his HOF bronze bust poured and ready to mount in the HOF???

To me, the Colts mis-played their poker chips. $90 million? Wow.

Good luck with THAT, Colts fans. Especially when four different LBs and a few d-linemen from the Texans are feasting on #18 like it's The Walking Dead.

I really think they screwed the pooch. But hey, #18 has given them so much for so long...you gotta' figure the Colts brass don't know any other way and are trying to win on his arm and brain for another 1, 2, 3, or 4 or 5 more years.

Going to be interesting to see if he is healed up or if Father Time sacks his ass once and for all. LOL @ the mental image of Wade Phillips standing on the sidelines in a Grim Reaper costume...with a smattering of Powdered Donut dust on his black gown.

Wade points his finger at Manning, and raises his sickle in the air...pumping it up and down like the Sand People in Star Wars.

Malloy
08-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Why are people on here, and other threads (such as the one about the demise of the Titans) crowning Andrew Luck as a guy who is already having his HOF bronze bust poured and ready to mount in the HOF???

Good luck with THAT, Colts fans. Especially when four different LBs and a few d-linemen from the Texans are feasting on #18 like it's The Walking Dead.

I really think they screwed the pooch. But hey, #18 has given them so much for so long...you gotta' figure the Colts brass don't know any other way and are trying to win on his arm and brain for another 1, 2, 3, or 4 or 5 more years.

Going to be interesting to see if he is healed up or if Father Time sacks his ass once and for all. LOL @ the mental image of Wade Phillips standing on the sidelines in a Grim Reaper costume...with a smattering of Powdered Donut dust on his black gown.

Wade points his finger at Manning, and raises his sickle in the air...pumping it up and down like the Sand People in Star Wars.

Dude that's a movie right there! :)

CloakNNNdagger
08-27-2011, 07:42 AM
I remember there were pre-draft rumblings about the Colts possibly using their 1st round pick on Andy Dalton. Instead, they chose to bolster the o-line, which makes the most sense. Manning is likely to come back from this and play another 5 years.

Still, this is the obviously the best chance the Texans have ever had at grabbing the AFC South title. Not to put any pressure on the coaching staff...:kitten:

What would have been a perfect match and opportunity for the Colts is Kaepernick. Through the offseason, Manning mentored him for the NFL at his QB Camp. They evidently developed a very good relationship and Manning was said to have acknowledged his repect for the youngster's skills.

[We will probably see Kaepernick tonight.......the 49ers drafted him.]

cuppacoffee
08-27-2011, 10:10 AM
What would have been a perfect match and opportunity for the Colts is Kaepernick. Through the offseason, Manning mentored him for the NFL at his QB Camp. They evidently developed a very good relationship and Manning was said to have acknowledged his repect for the youngster's skills.

[We will probably see Kaepernick tonight.......the 49ers drafted him.]

I certainly hope so.

We just destroy untested qbs.:lol:

:coffee:

Lucky
08-27-2011, 01:00 PM
What would have been a perfect match and opportunity for the Colts is Kaepernick.
I'm glad they didn't. I had stated my belief that Kaepernick has the most talent of the rookie QBs and will be considered the top QB from this class in 3 years.

CloakNNNdagger
08-27-2011, 01:37 PM
I'm glad they didn't. I had stated my belief that Kaepernick has the most talent of the rookie QBs and will be considered the top QB from this class in 3 years.

Exactly, my thoughts. He has a cannon of an arm.

brakos82
08-27-2011, 04:56 PM

You win an internet. :handshake:

HJam72
08-27-2011, 05:21 PM
You win an internet. :handshake:

The whole Internet? :thisbig:

b0ng
08-27-2011, 05:26 PM

He's mentioned in the same breath as Bradford and Stafford in terms of college hype, probably Leinart too. He's going to be the #1 overall pick or very close to it even if he suffers an injury and doesn't play his senior season and he would've easily been the #1 over Cam Newton this year.

I can imagine that more than a few of the bottom dwellers with no QB are probably thinking about tanking to get him.

GP
08-27-2011, 05:46 PM
He's mentioned in the same breath as Bradford and Stafford in terms of college hype, probably Leinart too. He's going to be the #1 overall pick or very close to it even if he suffers an injury and doesn't play his senior season and he would've easily been the #1 over Cam Newton this year.

I can imagine that more than a few of the bottom dwellers with no QB are probably thinking about tanking to get him.

That's all good and well, but the guy has not played a down of NFL football, and all I see on here is how unlucky we will be that the Colts will be losing Manning but gaining Luck in his place.

Or the Titans will.

I mean, it's just odd to me. The law of averages on this speculation is not in favor of Andrew Luck being a World Beater for Colts or Titans. 29 other teams out there who could draft him. And even if the Colts of Titans get the guy, he's still not Peyton Manning.

Much ado about nothing, IMO.

brakos82
08-27-2011, 07:13 PM
The whole Internet? :thisbig:

No, just one internet.