PDA

View Full Version : James Casey...Fantasy Sleeper?

El Tejano
08-25-2011, 11:01 AM
So I'm looking over the Saints game and James Casey has me a little curious about drafting him. I noticed the kind of match up problem he presents by being in the backfield and then going wide. I noticed he got alot of attention over the last two games. Nothing earth shattering but he kind of showed to be another safety valve for Schaub. Could James Casey actually be a decent pick up in fantasy? If so, how is he going to be listed, FB or TE?

dc_txtech
08-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Yahoo has him listed as a TE. Do not want.

thunderkyss
08-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Foster, Daniels, Andre, Jacoby, Dressen, Tate, Ward, Casey.....

I'm not sure about the order of the first seven guys, but I'm pretty sure Casey is at best the 8th option on this team.

Pass

Ω

Rey
08-25-2011, 12:28 PM

I'm not sure about the order of the first seven guys, but I'm pretty sure Casey is at best the 8th option on this team.

Pass

Ω

Casey will probably be On the field as much or more as all of those guys except the obvious 3 on your list.

But I don't see him as a big time fantasy guy.

dream_team
08-25-2011, 12:42 PM
I was thinking the same exact thing. I think he's a sleeper worth watching, but not drafting.

If Kubiak wants a better blocker, Vickers should start. But if Casey gets the nod, I assume it's because of his receiving skills. He'd be awesome for play action TDs at the goal-line.

Texans34Life
08-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Umm, no.

First, Vickers will be taking his spot at FB when the season rolls on. So when Casey goes back to TE, he'll be behind Daniels and Joel D.

Unless Kubiak run 10 TEs out there with no backfield (which I wouldn't be surprised), Casey is a fantasy dud.

Dutchrudder
08-25-2011, 03:23 PM
I think the Saint's Jimmy Graham is the best TE sleeper, assuming people don't know about him.

Other than that, Greg Olsen, Zach Miller or Ben Watson are the other TE sleepers on my boards.

SheTexan
08-25-2011, 03:35 PM
JC is one of my fav TEXAN players, but, he won't be on my FF team! I've played FF over 20 yrs, and won more than I've lost, so I'm not a dud at picking fantasy players just because i'm a woman. He won't get ya needed points. JMO!

Blake
08-25-2011, 03:47 PM
I've seen Marcedes Lewis going pretty late. Dude had 700 yards and 10 TD's I think. Pretty good for a guy getting picked in the 10th round.

Dutchrudder
08-25-2011, 05:02 PM
I've seen Marcedes Lewis going pretty late. Dude had 700 yards and 10 TD's I think. Pretty good for a guy getting picked in the 10th round.

Really? I did a draft last night and he went 64th overall.

dc_txtech
08-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Really? I did a draft last night and he went 64th overall.

I got him at pick 117 in my money league. Yahoo has him at 115 ADP. I would say whoever picked him in your league made a gigantic reach.

Dutchrudder
08-25-2011, 08:57 PM
I got him at pick 117 in my money league. Yahoo has him at 115 ADP. I would say whoever picked him in your league made a gigantic reach.

It was a run on TE's, and someone got nervous. Not a big deal in the 6th, but he may get more targets this year without SimsWalker.

Ryan
08-26-2011, 02:15 AM
Valid contributors to the team and the fantasy world don't always go hand in hand. I think he can create matchup problems and be used as a great decoy out of the backfield, ala Reggie Bush.

El Tejano
09-07-2011, 03:34 PM
I couldn't help it. I picked up Casey with my last pick in our draft. He's backing up Graham from New Orleans.

thunderkyss
09-12-2011, 08:38 AM

Pass

Ω

I may very well have been wrong here. Looks like Kubiak has a whole chapter in the play-book for this guy.

Dutchrudder
09-12-2011, 09:24 AM
I may very well have been wrong here. Looks like Kubiak has a whole chapter in the play-book for this guy.

Casey had 3 catches for 29 yards. That's nothing in terms of fantasy football.

eriadoc
09-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Casey had a play yesterday (think it was the Ward TD) where he absolutely destroyed the LB he was blocking. Then he had the one where he got knocked into the backfield and killed the run.

Neither of those show up on a FF stat sheet. :)

Ryan
09-12-2011, 10:34 AM
This guy is a mismatch problem no doubt about it, and if there was a FB position in fantasy, i'd probably take him. He moves all around the field, catches balls, and devastates would-be tacklers. Beast!

thunderkyss
09-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Casey had 3 catches for 29 yards. That's nothing in terms of fantasy football.

It's only week one. I'm just saying it looks like he is going to be a bigger & bigger part of this offense as we go forward.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Just to reiterate, I was way wrong about Casey as a fantasy sleeper.

5 catches, 126 yards & a TD so far.

Ryan
09-25-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm in one league where we all play as individual teams, and i have all teh Texans guys and started Casey today in my 2nd TE slot, and definitely reaped the benefits.

Dutchrudder
09-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Good game for him, but really, this is more likely an anomaly than the norm for him. I'm not buying the koolaide on this guy, as he will probably get you 5 points next week.

El Tejano
09-28-2011, 11:56 AM
I got Casey. Haven't started him yet. He only had 3 more points than Jimmy Graham but I still won. This week I still gotta go with Graham vs. Jacksonville plus my QB is Brees.

Don't think Casey will have another 126 yd performance vs. The Steelers.

dc_txtech
09-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Yahoo has him listed as a TE. Do not want.

Yahoo changed his listing to TE/RB. That definitely makes him a bit more tempting but I still don't think he's going to be roster worthy.

Keep proving me wrong James :texflag:

Hardcore Texan
09-28-2011, 01:56 PM

Pass

Ω

He really couldn't be worst than 5th given who would be on the field at the same time. ;)

I think you're right, they are trying to get him more involved.

I would pick him up if I had the room, I got a feeling he's going to continue to rise.

b0ng
09-28-2011, 02:03 PM
May be worth picking up if you've got a spot. The fact they gave him a way to fit into flex spots (Since my league only does WR/RB flex) he could be a good addition if he continues getting looks.

I probably wouldn't be starting him though unless I was really desperate.

Blake
10-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Feel like starting James Casey? Its your funeral.

Dutchrudder
10-11-2011, 03:24 PM
I said this somewhere before, but the Texans have a Tight End by committee this year. One game, none of them will do much, the next it's OD, next game Casey, next OD, next Dressen. You just never know with these guys. I'm pretty happy I went with Jimmy Graham in two of my leagues though.